(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240711_172728 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240619_041823511 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5921027_2168976 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240613_040552091 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195552022 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240603_195846469 (resized).jpg
IMG_7662 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7657 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7658 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7654 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1085 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240513_034103060 (resized).jpg
IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 407.
#16151 2 years ago

Were there issues with the earlier R&M machines? Just curious if the later machines incorporated any changes by Spooky?

#16152 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Were there issues with the earlier R&M machines? Just curious if the later machines incorporated any changes by Spooky?

I'm not sure but I have had absolutely zero issues with #736 with almost 800 games.

#16153 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone happen to know why Spooky games (at least both of mine) has this thing where the ball will go SDTM, yet bounce back up above the flippers and into the game, or they take a weird bounce then ride up the outlane, slowly working back down to the drain and costing you your Slam Save?

Lotta Bouncebacks on R&M. Mostly I believe it is because so many balls go down the center with tons of speed/force. Between the Horseshoe and the Pop in the Sling Position, those things are coming in HOT.

My FishTales is probably the only other game that has a lively a drain...but it doesn't see nearly as many rockets SDTM as my R&M.

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Depends.

Mostly...
There were code/flipper issues
There were orbit layout issues

People had varying degrees/tolerances of these issues because the games themselves were a bit inconsistent in their builds. For the most part, I believe the code portion of the flipper issues has been resolved for some time. Heat issues were believed to also been caused by the high flippers due to the thinner pf. This was resolved by (a) active cooling (b) flipper bushings/spacers. I do not think any of them shipped with the new bushings in them. However, I think among all these fixes, there aren't many flipper issues now.

The orbits is a bit tougher to nail down. I think everyone just did what they thought they needed based on their own comfort and playstyle. I don't think you are going to find many R&M's in the wild that are going to play the same. None of these were 'fixed' from the production standpoint as far as I'm aware and really seems to be a personal preference. Maybe some of the latest builds had the orbits adjusted closer to what was needed, but not really clear on that. There is comprehensive discussion about the adjustments that may be necessary, and I personally believe everyone should examine their orbit rails and play the games prior to making the adjustments because none are going to require the same amount.

#16155 2 years ago

Just installed the megaseed tree mod. You can install it without drilling the plastic/playfield by just using one of the existing holes of the plastic and the long metal hex post. Sits tight and should not move.

Looks awesome!

PXL_20211010_004009553 (resized).jpgPXL_20211010_004009553 (resized).jpg
#16156 2 years ago

Sometimes my right speaker stops working, usually at the beginning once the machine is powered on and the next games. Wiggling on the speaker cables in the cab and the connector to the motherboard brings the speaker back and then fails again. No real strategy behind it. After some games it doesn't occur any more and the right speaker is fully back.

Is this a known issue with code or some component failing? Thanks

#16157 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Sometimes my right speaker stops working, usually at the beginning once the machine is powered on and the next games. Wiggling on the speaker cables in the cab and the connector to the motherboard brings the speaker back and then fails again. No real strategy behind it. After some games it doesn't occur any more and the right speaker is fully back.

just something loose man.

#16158 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

I had the same issue, I bought a new 3.5mm to RCA cable and that seems to have solved it.

#16159 2 years ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

I had the same issue, I bought a new 3.5mm to RCA cable and that seems to have solved it.

Thanks will try it!

#16162 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

US only, fuck sakes.

Hey bud, what's all the trouble aboot eh? A Tim's run, double double and some donuts should cheer you right up!

#16163 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

US only, fuck sakes.

I entered. If I win, we'll split it.

#16164 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I entered. If I win, we'll split it.

So you get the pin and he gets the sweatshirt? Fair.

#16165 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So you get the pin and he gets the sweatshirt? Fair.

He can have the longer bushings as a bonus!

#16166 2 years ago

Any idea what would cause the pop bumper to be weak? All of the other coils are behaving normally but the pop just barley moves the ball. I am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue.

#16167 2 years ago

Hi guys

I received my standard and it plays perfectly … thanks spooky for such an awesome pinball, I love it

Just one question where would it say what production run number # my machine is ? It doesn’t have a badge like the bloodsuckers

CB858300-9CCE-4C82-AB96-EE825AF9271C (resized).jpegCB858300-9CCE-4C82-AB96-EE825AF9271C (resized).jpeg
#16168 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Any idea what would cause the pop bumper to be weak? All of the other coils are behaving normally but the pop just barley moves the ball. I am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue.

Check the mechanical connections under the playfield. I thought I heard of someone having a pop bumper ring that was missing the nuts on the end of the rods. Also, make sure the mechanism isn't binding up and moves freely. In the software, I think the coil power for the pop bumper can be adjusted, so maybe bump up the power level.

#16169 2 years ago

There is a reason why the manual is not including with the game? Same as ACNC or other spooky pinball ,if you are not an expert you cannot repair easily without this inexistent manual
Bally/wms is a good example to consider

#16170 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
I received my standard and it plays perfectly … thanks spooky for such an awesome pinball, I love it
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"191030f150a00967b8b12523b4b6dac0a7319c97-1634221397-1800"};
//]]>

Just one question where would it say what production run number # my machine is ? It doesn’t have a badge like the bloodsuckers [quoted image]

Congrats on the Standard Edition, only 36 made!
What's weird is that yours is missing the badge. I also have a standard and it has the regular numbered badge like the Bloodsucker. Also says Bloodsucker Edition

#16171 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

There is a reason why the manual is not including with the game? Same as ACNC or other spooky pinball ,if you are not an expert you cannot repair easily without this inexistent manual
Bally/wms is a good example to consider

$$$

#16172 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
[quoted image]

I probably would have gone for the standard as well. I think I prefer the colors. Congrats

#16173 2 years ago

The standards do not have a badge, but you can look on for your number inside the coin door on the right.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16175 2 years ago

This game could use another update

#16176 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Congrats on the Standard Edition, only 36 made!
What's weird is that yours is missing the badge. I also have a standard and it has the regular numbered badge like the Bloodsucker. Also says Bloodsucker Edition

Curious where you saw the '36' info? I saw Charlie say '40' in an interview.

I just found out that Scary Terry is Charlie's voice according to Bowen My Standard is making it's way to me

#16177 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Curious where you saw the '36' info? I saw Charlie say '40' in an interview.
I just found out that Scary Terry is Charlie's voice according to Bowen My Standard is making it's way to me

Ipdb lists 36 Standards. Could be that it changed slightly.
https://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6640

#16178 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

That's interesting! He did a great job if true.

#16179 2 years ago

Are mirror blades available for this game yet? There’s gotta be demand for them.

#16180 2 years ago
Quoted from shimmydisc:

Are mirror blades available for this game yet? There’s gotta be demand for them.

There was a post recently in the TNA club thread about them not being produced for TNA anymore.

#16181 2 years ago

Following up the badge discussion, is the standard edition supposed to have a badge or not?

Mine has one, #617.

PXL_20211014_211422041 (resized).jpgPXL_20211014_211422041 (resized).jpg
#16182 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Following up the badge discussion, is the standard edition supposed to have a badge or not?
Mine has one, #617.
[quoted image]

Really strange, that would be the first Standard I have seen with a badge.
- are you the original owner?
- does 617 match the last 3 of your serial number?
- do you have portal graphics around your flipper buttons?

#16183 2 years ago

The standard edition should not have a badge because it is not a Blood Sucker Edition.

#16184 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Really strange, that would be the first Standard I have seen with a badge.
- are you the original owner?
- does 617 match the last 3 of your serial number?
- do you have portal graphics around your flipper buttons?

Bought it 2 weeks ago from the first owner and it had the badge when he purchased it from an official Spooky dealer in July NIB.

Yes it does match the serial number in the cabinet.

No I do not have the portal side rails, just the standard ones.

PXL_20211014_213928795 (resized).jpgPXL_20211014_213928795 (resized).jpg
#16185 2 years ago

Seems like the export standards all got some wonky configurations, they built them out of order and some weird stuff happened. This is going to confuse the hell out of collectors 20 years from now

#16186 2 years ago

You also got the portal speaker covers as well. I didn’t think they came on the standard edition?

#16187 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Seems like the export standards all got some wonky configurations, they built them out of order and some weird stuff happened. This is going to confuse the hell out of collectors 20 years from now

Sort of line a standard Addams Family in a gold cabinet.
Pretty cool.

#16188 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

You also got the portal speaker covers as well. I didn’t think they came on the standard edition?

My Standard was ordered with the RGB speaker lights, I guess the covers were part of that option because it has them.

#16189 2 years ago

I ordered the RGB lights and received the portal covers too. I also asked for purple legs if not much trouble, and Spooky swapped them out when I picked up the game (still personally prefer the black everywhere else). Very happy to have those in lieu of a plastic badge! Tho I've considered putting the 2021 fang club Keychain-badge in the usual bse spot for gits and shiggles (I did technically get the game in 2021 after all)

#16190 2 years ago

Badge debate

All is know is mine is a standard and it has no badge. I’m not fussed at all badge or no badge it is an awesome game … zero issues and great fun … I couldn’t be happier with the build quality or game play. It is fast, funny and a blast to play

Here is a photo of my sticker, anyone able to interpret it for me, just for shits and giggles
3EF70F80-E019-40EB-B669-BFBCB2865ED5 (resized).jpeg3EF70F80-E019-40EB-B669-BFBCB2865ED5 (resized).jpeg

DED2C43B-2D0E-4A6B-B076-414F56562D9E (resized).jpegDED2C43B-2D0E-4A6B-B076-414F56562D9E (resized).jpeg
#16191 2 years ago

Is anyone making the plastic protector set?
My Noob Noob protector did its job. Like to replace.

Thanks

Oh, Yep have a standard. Got it with purple legs. Must check the serial number

#16192 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Is anyone making the plastic protector set?
My Noob Noob protector did its job. Like to replace.
Thanks
Oh, Yep have a standard. Got it with purple legs. Must check the serial number

Omg ‘purple legs’ that is some hectic shit right there too funny

#16193 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Mine has one, #617.
[quoted image]

Same here. Standard Number 619 with blood Sucker badge. Everything else like ordered, everything like it should be. Hello neighbour

#16194 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Badge debate
All is know is mine is a standard and it has no badge. I’m not fussed at all badge or no badge it is an awesome game … zero issues and great fun … I couldn’t be happier with the build quality or game play. It is fast, funny and a blast to play
Here is a photo of my sticker, anyone able to interpret it for me, just for shits and giggles
[quoted image][quoted image]

Model number is 7 because R&M is Spooky's 7th game. RAM stands for Rick and Morty in serial number. Last three digits in the serial number is your game number so yours is #546. Not sure what the significance of the other numbers in the serial number.

#16195 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Model number is 7 because R&M is Spooky's 7th game. RAM stands for Rick and Morty in serial number. Last three digits in the serial number is your game number so yours is #546. Not sure what the significance of the other numbers in the serial number.

Maybe 010520 stands for January 5th, 2020 - Perhaps when they started production? (Of course it looks like that was a Sunday so who knows!)

#16196 2 years ago

Will more ‘adventures’ be release ?

Hi fellow R&M fans.

Does anyone know if more ‘adventures’ will be released in the future ? I guess there is no money in it so why would spooky bother. But as a fan of the show, I can see a lot of potential for more awesome adventures in the pinball.

Ps. Don’t get me wrong, I love the variety of adventures already available.

#16197 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Will more ‘adventures’ be release ?
Hi fellow R&M fans.
Does anyone know if more ‘adventures’ will be released in the future ? I guess there is no money in it so why would spooky bother. But as a fan of the show, I can see a lot of potential for more awesome adventures in the pinball.
Ps. Don’t get me wrong, I love the variety of adventures already available.

As fans of the show I'm sure we would all love a surprise update or 2 with some additional content, but I think at this point it may be unlikely. I thought we were going to get 1 more update awhile back, but it's been pretty quiet. I think Spooky is busy getting HWN/ULT up to speed. It's not just about if the coder wants to code, but licenses/assets as well which we don't have any insight into.

#16198 2 years ago

Yeah, I think epthegeek pretty much spoiled us with the rate at which he rolled out updates.

I am always open to new content and patches, but truth be told i have not even reached Rick Potion #9 yet.
So I am happy to face the current challenges for quite a while.

#16199 2 years ago

Seems like a bunch of R&M machines are being listed for sale, I wonder why?

#16200 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Seems like a bunch of R&M machines are being listed for sale, I wonder why?

Market is hot
Lots of new pins rolling out
Folks are out of room

Edit: Less than 1% and two of those are trades is not what i consider a large number. Machines are a year old and an avg ask of $14k-$15k, its not like folks are trying to unload them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,350 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 407.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.