(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 405.
#16101 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Scott, by chance, would that happen to be a screenshot of the coming user manual?

I do not, I am sorry.

#16102 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Kinda like this (I am a horrible MSPaint Artist):

pasted_image (resized).png

--Scott

Good Job!
I am going to print this out and put it right on the fridge.

#16103 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Good Job!
I am going to print this out and put it right on the fridge.

HAHA! The worst part is that I know you are going to do that...

#16104 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

That’s the right one. Have been through two so far on our routed machine (around 4K plays)
Went ahead and ordered 10mm RGB LEDs so just replace the led bulb itself (the legs have been breaking)

4K plays. That’s amazing! How has it held up over that time?

#16105 2 years ago

Mine did the same. I just used some mounting tape and it’s holding up.

Quoted from DruTheFu:

After being installed since I received Jerry Edition 231 last November, my death crystal mod met its demise as a result from a fatal blow of an über-rare air ball. Snapped right off at the connection point.
Pinball Life looks to no longer carry.
xfassa , fingers crossed [quoted image]

#16106 2 years ago

Hi guys!
I am having an intermittent issue with a stuck switch or something, but Im struggling to finding what is the cause. Can anyone help me pinpoint this?

It gives this..sci fi splosh wierd sound, and i get increasing x-way combo. But when I enter switch test nothing triggers out of the ordinary.

I filmed it here:;

#16107 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hi guys!
I am having an intermittent issue with a stuck switch or something, but Im struggling to finding what is the cause. Can anyone help me pinpoint this?
It gives this..sci fi splosh wierd sound, and i get increasing x-way combo. But when I enter switch test nothing triggers out of the ordinary.
I filmed it here:;

My flippers are also doing this. It's triggering an optical switch -- seems like the center loop for you. I think mine is because the ramps were drilled incorrectly and are slowly becoming more opaque with play. I'll need to dremel. I'd think maybe just clean your optos under the car or check the wires to em.

#16108 2 years ago

Anyone hearing whispers of new code? My boy rarely plays R&M recently, he's "grown tired of it" apparently which sucks, as we used to have some epic battles.

#16109 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Anyone hearing whispers of new code? My boy rarely plays R&M recently, he's "grown tired of it" apparently which sucks, as we used to have some epic battles.

Mushrooms will give him a whole new rad and completely unique game experience, no waiting required.

Then again, depending on his age, it may reflect badly on you as a parent.

#16110 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mushrooms will give him a whole new rad and completely unique game experience, no waiting required.

Can confirm. Although Scary Terry is a bit more intense.

Edit to add: Bitch!

#16111 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

He's only 7, but it'd be hypocritical of me not to at least let him try It used to be the first pin he'd fire up, now I can't even bribe him. Mushrooms it is then

Maybe I should finally turn Adult mode on... that would spice things up

#16112 2 years ago

He's only 7, but it'd be hypocritical of me not to at least let him try It used to be the first pin he'd fire up, now I can't even bribe him. Mushrooms it is then

Seven is probably too young for that adventure given that the brain's wiring is still not formed properly and it could be harmful. Maybe just stuff him full of a package of double-stuf oreos and a six pack of soda then turn him loose on adult mode. But be prepared for the inevitable parent-teacher conference request to follow...

#16113 2 years ago

Has he already 'beat' the game? If so (or even if not)...an update isn't going to change anything.

#16114 2 years ago

New one arrived

E567B751-FDCA-407A-99A9-E167457035AF (resized).jpegE567B751-FDCA-407A-99A9-E167457035AF (resized).jpeg
#16115 2 years ago

That alt translite is fantastic. Where’d you get that from?

#16116 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Has he already 'beat' the game? If so (or even if not)...an update isn't going to change anything.

He’s made it to RP#9 a few times, hasn’t completed it though. JP seems to get all the attention which is understandable I suppose,

#16117 2 years ago

Joined the club today #617
One of the very few Standard Editions, like the trim very much!

PXL_20211003_085549834 (resized).jpgPXL_20211003_085549834 (resized).jpg

#16118 2 years ago

Standart version is the real rare version…

For the alternative translite look here https://xianek.eu/?l=en

#16119 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

New one arrived
[quoted image]

Is there a special trim and glass and such on that alternate backglass option? I am asking because R&M has a real backglass (and heavy)

#16120 2 years ago

This is also real glass, not quite as thick as the original backglass.
But fits in well.

#16121 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

This is also real glass, not quite as thick as the original backglass.
But fits in well.

So is it glass with a translite? Or is the image printed onto the glass?

#16122 2 years ago

That`s the answer from the artist….

It is a real print on real glass directly.
The glass is tempered and it was printed directly onto the glass.
Top notch.
Also it is worth noting that this is crystal clear glass without any tint.

#16123 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

That`s the answer from the artist….
It is a real print on real glass directly.
The glass is tempered and it was printed directly onto the glass.
Top notch.
Also it is worth noting that this is crystal clear glass without any tint.

NICE

#16124 2 years ago

I keep hoping that I could pick up a RM and the price would be affordable looks like it will take years. Maybe I will just get an Ultraman some day instead seems easier to get.

I would have purchased a standard since the game is the same and less expensive.

#16125 2 years ago

I’ve searched through this thread and haven’t found this… but has anyone written up some instructions on the best way to tweak the spinner shot?

#16126 2 years ago

My R&M has had a high pitch squeak sound any time the shaker motor is on. No squeaking from physically shaking the pin or subwoofer vibrations. I finally narrowed it down tonight. Manually rotating the shaker reproduced the noise but no amount of oil stops it. However, I noticed that it only made the noise when rotated counterclockwise. So I reversed the wires (see photo) to make it rotate clockwise and finally no squeaking!

Posting for anyone else who might have the same issue.

A7F0CE67-127B-43FE-81B3-1C6575625279 (resized).jpegA7F0CE67-127B-43FE-81B3-1C6575625279 (resized).jpeg
#16127 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I’ve searched through this thread and haven’t found this… but has anyone written up some instructions on the best way to tweak the spinner shot?

These might help:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/46#post-5613581

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/48#post-5616071

#16128 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

My R&M has had a high pitch squeak sound any time the shaker motor is on. No squeaking from physically shaking the pin or subwoofer vibrations. I finally narrowed it down tonight. Manually rotating the shaker reproduced the noise but no amount of oil stops it. However, I noticed that it only made the noise when rotated counterclockwise. So I reversed the wires (see photo) to make it rotate clockwise and finally no squeaking!
Posting for anyone else who might have the same issue.[quoted image]

That's a pretty clever solution . Mine is just too damn powerful no matter how I set it. Tried making one bar 45 degrees (even though there is no hole there to set it) and it still lurched too much. I guess I'm used to the Stern style that is more of a steady rumble rather than the jackhammer I ended up with in R&M.

#16130 2 years ago

So, I recently joined the RM club. Traded an EHOH for a Blood Suckers. This game is way more up my alley than Elvira. I'm currently tweaking to get the shots smoother. Right now, I got the upper right horseshoe loop super smooth and fast using Rob Anothy's suggestions. My spinner shot is pretty good... I'm going to have to take the house off again to tweak the ball path once it leaves the metal guide (still getting some clunk on the diverter).

The left garage shot is still kind of a mess. I think I'm going go the route of Carl (ie pinball) and move the ball guide and drill new holes.

Also, ordered the new shooter wire form. The stock one is painfully bad. Just when I think I have it dialed in, it starts clunking the ball back down the wireform.

Also ordered the cooling fans (I played for an hour the other night and couldn't make the left ramp about 30 minutes in).

All-in all, I stoked to have this machine in my lineup. I'm not even a RM fan (and I love the humor in the game).

Any must haves suggetions would be appreciated!

#16131 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You are on the right track.

The left garage shot is just a hard shot (for me) but tweaking the left ball guide and adjusting the upper flipper really dialed it in so i make it more frequently.

I bought the new wire form and not b/c i needed to. I do prefer the consistency of the ball drop it provides. Be fore warned it does not use the same screw holes to anchor the top end.

Do you know if it has the new flipper bushings installed?

#16132 2 years ago

Welcome to the club! It is such a great pin that is worth the effort to get it dialed it.

I really didn’t want to drill new holes in the playfield but I’m glad I did. I suck at pinball but I can now make the left garage shot ~70% of the time vs just getting lucky with it on occasion before.

I also recommend checking out the magnetic switches from @sonic. They can speed things up a bit and make the outer right loop register consistently.

I’m installing the new bushings and Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit tomorrow… and at some point I still need to remove the house to reword things so the ball stops hitting the screws.

Good thing I enjoy tweaking it…

Quoted from 27dnast:

So, I recently joined the RM club. Traded an EHOH for a Blood Suckers. This game is way more up my alley than Elvira. I'm currently tweaking to get the shots smoother. Right now, I got the upper right horseshoe loop super smooth and fast using Rob Anothy's suggestions. My spinner shot is pretty good... I'm going to have to take the house off again to tweak the ball path once it leaves the metal guide (still getting some clunk on the diverter).
The left garage shot is still kind of a mess. I think I'm going go the route of Carl (ie pinball) and move the ball guide and drill new holes.
Also, ordered the new shooter wire form. The stock one is painfully bad. Just when I think I have it dialed in, it starts clunking the ball back down the wireform.
Also ordered the cooling fans (I played for an hour the other night and couldn't make the left ramp about 30 minutes in).
All-in all, I stoked to have this machine in my lineup. I'm not even a RM fan (and I love the humor in the game).

#16133 2 years ago

You can train yourself to make the shots as is....but you will definitely notice less rattling and more defined rejects after making the changes. They are butter smooth for the most part after making them.

The diverter hasn't really been an issue for me. A well powered shot forced to the outer wall makes it, a weak shot doesn't.

#16134 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Check the Topic Index at the top of any page in this thread and click to sort by the keypost summary and it will group all the tech posts together for easy perusal (scroll down to the "TECH" ones). Click on any that grab your interest to help dial the machine in.

#16135 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, make sure you check the gap between the playfield and your flippers, if they look abnormally high, you probably don't have the "replacement bushings". Swapping them will significantly increase your flipper power, heat problems, and shots.

#16136 2 years ago

It doesn't have the replacement bushings... but I orderd the X spacers, so that should be fine.

#16137 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It doesn't have the replacement bushings... but I orderd the X spacers, so that should be fine.
I'm not familiar with switch issues... what do the magnetic switches fix?

I'd say the bushing is the correct fix. Besides, what's better than having spooky mail some "on the house" rather than buying aftermarket parts?

#16138 2 years ago

All it does is correct height, right?

#16139 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I'd say the bushing is the correct fix. Besides, what's better than having spooky mail some "on the house" rather than buying aftermarket parts?

I was told recently they didn’t have any of the correct bushings on hand and unsure when they were getting more. Therefore, I went ahead with the x spacers.

#16140 2 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:I was told recently they didn’t have any of the correct bushings on hand and unsure when they were getting more. Therefore, I went ahead with the x spacers.

Strange. I just got mine delivered 2 weeks ago. Seems like they would need to have plenty on hand for all the UM / HWN games they are making now.

#16141 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Strange. I just got mine delivered 2 weeks ago. Seems like they would need to have plenty on hand for all the UM / HWN games they are making now.

Are they doing thinner pfs again for these two titles?

#16142 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are they doing thinner pfs again for these two titles?

I can’t find the post now but I thought that I read that awhile back. Also, I think how Charlie described the new bushings indicated that they were for Spooky go forward. I’d be surprised if they changed their playfields with the success they have had using them compared to JJP.

#16143 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I can’t find the post now but I thought that I read that awhile back. Also, I think how Charlie described the new bushings indicated that they were for Spooky go forward. I’d be surprised if they changed their playfields with the success they have had using them compared to JJP.

Shocked they're going forward with that. It's not only the flippers that become problematic, it's also all the switches in the game.

I've had to manually adjust almost every switch to get them registering consistently.

#16144 2 years ago

Shocked they're going forward with that. It's not only the flippers that become problematic, it's also all the switches in the game.
I've had to manually adjust almost every switch to get them registering consistently.

Yeah, but they recognize this as an issue and have made adjustments (like the bushing redesigns). I'm sure it won't be as problematic on HWN/ULT.

#16145 2 years ago

I am some extra figures and custom side artblades from my R&M. PM me if your interested.

IMG_5095 (resized).jpgIMG_5095 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpgIMG_5097 (resized).jpg
#16146 2 years ago

I put a playfield protector straight on there. Makes up more than half for the missing thickness. It's been great!

Still fitted Spooky bushes no worries.

Only thing was that the Playyfield Protectors RaM pattern is a bit off in a couple of places. I did need to trim where a couple of post positions vary from actual. Seems like prototype layout, or whitewood, or something.

I tried emailing them about it with no reply. Maybe they made it from a pic?

#16147 2 years ago

I am some extra figures from my R&M. PM me if your interested.

IMG_5103 (resized).jpgIMG_5103 (resized).jpg
#16148 2 years ago

New version of our UV apron lighting. Mounting is now in a slimline, game color matched holder. This adheres to the apron and has a plug which allows the apron to still easily be removed while keeping the lighting attached.

https://pinballmods.co/uv-apron-lighting-blacklight

20211006_104907 (resized).jpg20211006_104907 (resized).jpg20211006_104911 (resized).jpg20211006_104911 (resized).jpg20211006_104916 (resized).jpg20211006_104916 (resized).jpg
#16149 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

New version of our UV apron lighting. Mounting is now in a slimline, game color matched holder. This adheres to the apron and has a plug which allows the apron to still easily be removed while keeping the lighting attached.
https://pinballmods.co/uv-apron-lighting-blacklight[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks much better, kind of regretting having the original now.

#16150 2 years ago

Anyone happen to know why Spooky games (at least both of mine) has this thing where the ball will go SDTM, yet bounce back up above the flippers and into the game, or they take a weird bounce then ride up the outlane, slowly working back down to the drain and costing you your Slam Save?

I need to take a slow-mo video, but I've never had this in any other game I've owned.

I notice the space between the apron and the lane guides seems to be tighter, so wondering if that difference in space creates this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 300.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.