(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 405.
#16001 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'd consider it complete, and anything new would be a nice bonus. They are likely putting forth most of their effort on Halloween/Kaiju.
They are not going to announce anything until it is approved and ready for distribution.

pretty much this: if the thread title changes, expect a new mode; otherwise, don't.

#16002 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I'd consider it complete, and anything new would be a nice bonus. They are likely putting forth most of their effort on Halloween/Kaiju.
They are not going to announce anything until it is approved and ready for distribution.

Yeah, but the effort isn't the same. EP has the code on R&M and that wouldn't take anything away from the new titles.

#16003 2 years ago

Chance (resized).pngChance (resized).png

#16004 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yeah, but the effort isn't the same. EP has the code on R&M and that wouldn't take anything away from the new titles.

Yup it's EP's baby and he's said there is a backbox dimming feature coming in the next update so I'm hyped.

To certain others... quit demanding a road map on this game and be DELIGHTED with what is already there and be THRILLED if any more content arrives. I personally find it to be some of the best code since some of Lyman's efforts. Good times.

Then go gush in EP's thread and embarrass the guy

#16005 2 years ago

Backbox dimming?? There's barely any light from the backbox now....

#16006 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Backbox dimming?? There's barely any light from the backbox now....

Try it in the dark and admire the saucer covering the upper pf.

#16007 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Try it in the dark and admire the saucer covering the upper pf.

I play in the dark almost exclusively. Never been an issue

#16008 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I play in the dark almost exclusively. Never been an issue

I don't know what to say. If you don't see the backbox reflection in the dark... maybe an optometrist visit?

Seriously I don't know how to respond to such a statement...? Maybe if you're under 5'11" you won't see it?

#16009 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I don't know what to say. If you don't see the backbox reflection in the dark... maybe an optometrist visit?
Seriously I don't know how to respond to such a statement...? Maybe if you're under 5'11" you won't see it?

I'm not saying you don't see reflections, but the display reflection and speaker led reflections is much more in your face than the backbox and there isn't much in the manner of things you need to see the ball for that far back on the game. Just found that odd, since the majority of the back box is black.

#16010 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not saying you don't see reflections, but the display reflection and speaker led reflections is much more in your face than the backbox and there isn't much in the manner of things you need to see the ball for that far back on the game. Just found that odd, since the majority of the back box is black.

I use a plastic glare guard so I don't see any reflections from the display. I do see the speakers a bit but they are hard right and hard left.

If you play in the dark (like any sensible person should with this light show then I hope you did the screen swap.

It's fab-u-lous

#16011 2 years ago

I realize now that a lot of people may not use the cheap plastic glare guards to play in dim or dark conditions. Since you just slide them in you only need one or two no matter what size your collection is. They work fantastic and are a must for playing in the dark. And did I point out they're *cheap*.

-----------> Speaking of the new display available for R&M...

Inky black. Black as deep space. Black as the Reaper's robe. Black as the void you stare into... with nothing looking back.
Running out of sayings but you get the idea.

Plus the blacks in the dark have no grey at *any* angle. So your semi-bored friends milling around waiting for you to lose the ball can enjoy the show in all it's glory. Remember you're already risking your small expensive items letting friends wander around in the dark. Frisk them before they leave. They'll love it.

I have to give a shout out to "Harry" for doing the legwork. Despite my moaning about the screen I didn't want to repeatedly order the wrong parts until I got lucky. Which might never have happened. So I just let him do it.

With his perfectly fitting brackets and the screen and controller the total cost is under 200 bucks. Yes you'd lose your old CARGP status but it will be well worth it. Lloyd will know what this means. And a few other old timers.

Who should NOT get Harry's new screen kit with the appropriately neon green brackets:

a. You don't play R&M in the dark or dim light (what's *wrong* with you!?)

b. You're a cheap bastard. (This used to be a point of pride in earlier times but now it is VERBOTEN in today's "pinball lifestyle").

c. You're shorter than 5'11" or maybe 5'8" or so. (what's *wrong* with you! j/k).

Ok I've only been paid enough to write this much copy so we're done. (yes j/k for those about to call me a shill).

I can't help it. I get excited.

#16012 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To certain others... quit demanding a road map on this game and be DELIGHTED with what is already there and be THRILLED if any more content arrives. I personally find it to be some of the best code since some of Lyman's efforts. Good times.

Is this demanding that we be DELIGHTED and THRILLED? You’re kinda demanding that we stop demanding…

I’m guessing as I’m the most recent owner to ask this question in this thread, it was referencing my inquiry in an otherwise icy cold thread as of late. Is more R&M content a bad thing? Are we not allowed to wonder IF more is coming? I’ve owned my Jerry Edition for less than a year, and there are 500+ owners who’ve owned theirs for less time. With other manufacturers still releasing code updates for timespans greater than a year after release, is it off base to have this conversation?

I’m not sure there was a road map of any coming code being demanded. The only R&M roadmap I would like to request though is in the form of a user manual.

#16013 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I realize now that a lot of people may not use the cheap plastic glare guards to play in dim or dark conditions. Since you just slide them in you only need one or two no matter what size your collection is. They work fantastic and are a must for playing in the dark. And did I point out they're *cheap*.
-----------> Speaking of the new display available for R&M...
Inky black. Black as deep space. Black as the Reaper's robe. Black as the void you stare into... with nothing looking back.
Running out of sayings but you get the idea.
Plus the blacks in the dark have no grey at *any* angle. So your semi-bored friends milling around waiting for you to lose the ball can enjoy the show in all it's glory. Remember you're already risking your small expensive items letting friends wander around in the dark. Frisk them before they leave. They'll love it.
I have to give a shout out to "Harry" for doing the legwork. Despite my moaning about the screen I didn't want to repeatedly order the wrong parts until I got lucky. Which might never have happened. So I just let him do it.
With his perfectly fitting brackets and the screen and controller the total cost is under 200 bucks. Yes you'd lose your old CARGP status but it will be well worth it. Lloyd will know what this means. And a few other old timers.
Who should NOT get Harry's new screen kit with the appropriately neon green brackets:
a. You don't play R&M in the dark or dim light (what's *wrong* with you!?)
b. You're a cheap bastard. (This used to be a point of pride in earlier times but now it is VERBOTEN in today's "pinball lifestyle").
c. You're shorter than 5'11" or maybe 5'8" or so. (what's *wrong* with you! j/k).
Ok I've only been paid enough to write this much copy so we're done. (yes j/k for those about to call me a shill).
I can't help it. I get excited.

Can we buy the monitors now? I thought there was a thread where they were collecting interest for different machines. I was basically waiting for the invoice. I am absolutely in on TNA and R&M.

#16014 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes you'd lose your old CARGP status but it will be well worth it. Lloyd will know what this means. And a few other old timers.

Can't forget the B! It's CARGPB!

I never got a number, but I've cheaped out enough ways on R&M that buying a nice black screen wouldn't have mattered.

#16015 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Is this demanding that we be DELIGHTED and THRILLED? You’re kinda demanding that we stop demanding…
I’m guessing as I’m the most recent owner to ask this question in this thread, it was referencing my inquiry in an otherwise icy cold thread as of late. Is more R&M content a bad thing? Are we not allowed to wonder IF more is coming? I’ve owned my Jerry Edition for less than a year, and there are 500+ owners who’ve owned theirs for less time. With other manufacturers still releasing code updates for timespans greater than a year after release, is it off base to have this conversation?
I’m not sure there was a road map of any coming code being demanded. The only R&M roadmap I would like to request though is in the form of a user manual.

You know you're right... in retrospect I *was* being equally demanding. Maybe more so. Kinda uncool I agree.
But it's not just you... many others have brought this up and I wince every time I see the topic come up.
So I had to honestly ask myself why and I think I have an answer.

Because I don't want to hear that it's over. (lol cue the sad violin)

I'm afraid each time the question gets asked someone from Spooky or EP will say "Mission Accomplished".

Then we will hear from some others about being happy with everything that is already in the code, quit bitching, etc. And I can't really argue with that sentiment.

But I still don't want to hear that it's over.

#16016 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Can't forget the B! It's CARGPB!
I never got a number, but I've cheaped out enough ways on R&M that buying a nice black screen wouldn't have mattered.

Damn you for pointing that out... now I can't even go back and quietly fix my screwups

#16017 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can we buy the monitors now? I thought there was a thread where they were collecting interest for different machines. I was basically waiting for the invoice. I am absolutely in on TNA and R&M.

A bit back in the thread there's a post from Harry Houdini that has a link to Amazon for the screen and the controller.
I bought these and then went to his site (Pinball Mods I believe) and got the brackets. During that time I had it held in place with blue painters tape. Not a good long term solution but it let me get wowed while I waited for the brackets.

I think on his site there may be an option to get all three components right there and then... one stop shopping.

#16018 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Because I don't want to hear that it's over. (lol cue the sad violin)
I'm afraid each time the question gets asked someone from Spooky or EP will say "Mission Accomplished"….But I still don't want to hear that it's over.

I’m with you, I don’t want the door to close anytime soon. We all know there will come a time, I just hope that we get blessed with some additional fan favorite moments from the show. I’ve already soul bonded with my machine, so I’m hoping for a few more goodies to be added added since I’ll be keeping and playing this pin for eternity.

#16019 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Just got them listed on the site. Screens are being shipped so once they arrive we'll fill any orders that are placed in the meantime. This is the full kit with screen, controller and brackets: https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball

#16020 2 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Yes. Closest pinsiders with one are in Wichita and Kansas City, but I don’t know them.

My place is always open if you want to figure out a time to stop by and flip. Just hit me up....and yes pizza and beer helps lol

#16021 2 years ago

I would be really happy if the extra ball sign on the lower digits could be dimmed. It's quite bright on dark environment.

#16022 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I would be really happy if the extra ball sign on the lower digits could be dimmed. It's quite bright on dark environment.

Probably to let you know (with an explanation point) that there's an extra ball available!!!

#16023 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Maybe just a piece of window tint or something similar would help?

#16024 2 years ago

Isn’t someone sick of their Rick and Morty yet and wants to get one of those nice Godzilla machines from Stern…

Think of how much fun that would be and y’all can sell a RM at a reasonable price and get that shiny new Stern.

#16025 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Maybe just a piece of window tint or something similar would help?

That's a good idea. Would be cool to dim the extra ball sign by software anyway. Am I the only one who gets dazzled after achieving an extra ball?

#16026 2 years ago

I got the brackets and the new lcd a month or so ago. Question for anyone that installed it…those brackets need to be super lose. Any pressure on the back of the screen causes a pressure mark on the front. I guess that’s why the original was in that shell. What have people been doing?

Just got them listed on the site. Screens are being shipped so once they arrive we'll fill any orders that are placed in the meantime. This is the full kit with screen, controller and brackets: https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball

#16027 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I got the brackets and the new lcd a month or so ago. Question for anyone that installed it…those brackets need to be super lose. Any pressure on the back of the screen causes a pressure mark on the front. I guess that’s why the original was in that shell. What have people been doing?

Send me a PM and let's see what is up. Haven't heard that from anyone else but happy to look into it.

#16028 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I cut a rectangle of corrugated cardboard about an inch smaller all around than the Spooky enclosure, then used a good amount of thick double-sticky tape to tape it to the enclosure, centered. I used three smaller pieces of DS tape to stick the screen to the cardboard. Also stuck a couple bits of cardboard under the bottom of the screen (vertically) as there was ~3/16" gap between it and the enclosure wall all around and I didn't want the screen to sag.

This resulted in a pretty much perfect mount, centered and right up against the clear shield on the speakerpanel. No problems so far. Picture is very nice.

#16029 2 years ago

Send me a PM and let's see what is up. Haven't heard that from anyone else but happy to look into it.

Will do thanks.

#16030 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Isn’t someone sick of their Rick and Morty yet and wants to get one of those nice Godzilla machines from Stern…
Think of how much fun that would be and y’all can sell a RM at a reasonable price and get that shiny new Stern.

Game is to addictive and fun to get sick of it. I’ve had mine for about a year now and don’t plan on getting rid of it anytime soon.

GNR, Mandalorian and DP would all have to go first! (Maybe not in that order)

Just my 2 cents.

#16031 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Game is to addictive and fun to get sick of it. I’ve had mine for about a year now and don’t plan on get tired of it anytime soon.
GNR, Mandalorian and DP would all have to go first! (Maybe not in that order)
Just my 2 cents.

Yeah - totally me trolling, of course I want one. I think there is a lot of interesting stuff out there but I love the theme Rick and Morty have not had a chance to play it. Not exactly a location game in the Seattle area that I have seen at least.

Maybe someday when someone wants to mix it up I will have my chance and by then I should be able to play one. My only concern is this forum is full with tweaks the game has required, by the sheer number of tweaks the game is concerning though.

#16032 2 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yeah - totally me trolling, of course I want one. I think there is a lot of interesting stuff out there but I love the theme Rick and Morty have not had a chance to play it. Not exactly a location game in the Seattle area that I have seen at least.
Maybe someday when someone wants to mix it up I will have my chance and by then I should be able to play one. My only concern is this forum is full with tweaks the game has required, by the sheer number of tweaks the game is concerning though.

You need to hit a show and I'm sure you'll get a chance to play it then.

Yes there are some tweaks for improvements but nothing too crazy. I've followed the thread since it started and it seems like a just a handful of people had some really bad luck with a lot of different issues when they got their machine and some of them were very vocal about it. There have also been people that had no issues.

On my machine I did my own fix on the right flipper button because of the odd design it has, I adjusted a couple of the rails and installed the spacers on the flippers. Other than that my machine has always worked good and has played good but now it plays great. The geography of the shots were intended to be difficult. All the shots were makeable on mine out of the box but now they are just more makeable.

If you love Rick and Morty this is definitely a must have for you. Good luck I hope you find one!

#16033 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I use a plastic glare guard so I don't see any reflections from the display. I do see the speakers a bit but they are hard right and hard left.
If you play in the dark (like any sensible person should with this light show then I hope you did the screen swap.
It's fab-u-lous

As an added bonus the plastic glare guard with a few wraps of electrical tape to make it fit snug completely eliminated the glass rattle from the bass/shaker on our R&M

#16034 2 years ago

I bought a set of Stern flipper switches on Scott's recommendation, but now realize it is too short for the right side.

Has anyone swapped out their switches?

#16035 2 years ago

Perfect! Order is in! Ty!

#16036 2 years ago

Anyone know how to adjust the garage shot on the left? I'm having trouble hitting the shot sometimes, couldn't find a video anywhere, Please let me know if there's a fix.

#16037 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballwizardMas:

Anyone know how to adjust the garage shot on the left? I'm having trouble hitting the shot sometimes, couldn't find a video anywhere, Please let me know if there's a fix.

There are links to a number of fixes in the topic index. Click topic index at the top of the page, then sort by keypost summary, then show all, then scroll down to the TECH:PLAYFIELD section to the ones that deal with the garage shot adjustment.

#16038 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are links to a number of fixes in the topic index. Click topic index at the top of the page, then sort by keypost summary, then show all, then scroll down to the TECH:PLAYFIELD section to the ones that deal with the garage shot adjustment.

couldn't find anything other then the inner loop and shooter lane.

#16039 2 years ago

Did you sort by Keypost summary so all the tech stuff is grouped together? If you don't sort by keypost it makes it very hard to sort through the list visually. There are at least two entries:

TECH: PLAYFIELD. Garage Shot - Woodrail Fix
TECH: PLAYFIELD. Garage shot guide rail adjustments

#16040 2 years ago

It's basically the same thing. You're trying to remove any flat spots in the arc, and reduce the curvature if you can as well. This equates to re-drilling the first hole, and letting one of the tabs sit under the timber siderail. I did the mod as per instructions but found it wasn't perfect, so did it again by eye and found the sweet spot for my machine. It also should be done at the same time as the rail that feeds the upper flipper (move it so it's a smooth transition to the flipper) and adjusting the end points of the upper flipper too.

#16041 2 years ago

Whitewood up on FB Marketplace
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/389571945913410

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16042 2 years ago

Does this possibly mean programming is nearing completion? If this is/was being used by Eric P to code R&M, the selling of it is possibly quite ominous. Please say no!!!!

#16043 2 years ago

Take note of the ball guide position above the upper flipper... Mine definitely didn't come like that!!

#16044 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Does this possibly mean programming is nearing completion? If this is/was being used by Eric P to code R&M, the selling of it is possibly quite ominous. Please say no!!!!

I would imagine Eric has his own production game.

#16045 2 years ago

O man. I'd be tempted to switch out my production model for the whitewood. What a cool piece!

#16046 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I bought a set of Stern flipper switches on Scott's recommendation, but now realize it is too short for the right side.
Has anyone swapped out their switches?

You will need to pilot new holes in your cabinet for this. Do they fit otherwise? I recommended trying these as I had not yet had a chance to try them in my own game. The switches I recommended for you to try at the exact ones in TNA. Let me know how they work.

Thank you,
--Scott

#16047 2 years ago

Yeah, that whitewood is pretty cool! You will notice on this one a few sharpie notes to myself on the playfield. I accidentally missed a playfield insert for Noob Noob. Along with a bunch of other differences I will let you guys have fun figuring out.
--Scott

#16048 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

You will need to pilot new holes in your cabinet for this. Do they fit otherwise? I recommended trying these as I had not yet had a chance to try them in my own game. The switches I recommended for you to try at the exact ones in TNA. Let me know how they work.
Thank you,
--Scott

There are already two pilot holes on the right hand side, seemingly in the exact position they would need to be for these Stern switches to fit.

Is there a reason why these holes are there? I'm guessing this is an accident since you told me I would need to drill my own.

Also on the left hand flipper, the factory switches that you guys used only has two lugs, whereas the Stern replacement has four. How would I approach that?

#16049 2 years ago

My cabinet also had pilot holes were a normal switch would go. I just used those.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Also on the left hand flipper, the factory switches that you guys used only has two lugs, whereas the Stern replacement has four. How would I approach that?

Use a single contact instead of a double. Cut the diode off. https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

Edited to add if you already have a double contact switch just use one of the contact pairs.

#16050 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Along with a bunch of other differences I will let you guys have fun figuring out

Missing Artwork

wile.gifwile.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Trade
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/321?hl=jherre6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.