(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 405.
#15951 2 years ago

Might be the best thing ever! Christopher Lloyd's burp was the cous de gras!

#15952 2 years ago

Question: Why did Spooky change the lockdown bar/receiver hardware? Reaching around inside the cabinet for the two clip levers is a bit of a PITA. I looked through the key posts but didn't see any discussion of the change.

Anyone know?
Steve

#15953 2 years ago

Matches Stern though, and you get used to it after a few goes where your hand instantly finds it first time every time...

#15954 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

Question: Why did Spooky change the lockdown bar/receiver hardware? Reaching around inside the cabinet for the two clip levers is a bit of a PITA. I looked through the key posts but didn't see any discussion of the change.
Anyone know?
Steve

I'm guessing it's just a cheaper and less complex mechanism.

#15955 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm guessing it's just a cheaper and less complex mechanism.

After the TNA lockdown bar, the latches are a welcome change.

#15956 2 years ago

I agree, I actually think it is a big improvement for pinball to use that style of lockdown bar.

#15957 2 years ago

Yes I have gotten use to the new style of lock down and agree it is cheaper and superior

#15958 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes I have gotten use to the new style of lock down and agree it is cheaper and superior

I'd go back to the old style lock down bars if I had the option. I've been playing on location where someone inserted the lockdown bar but forgot to latch it, allowing the lock down bar to be removed (along with the playfield glass and coinbox). With the old style lockdown bar, the coin door couldn't be closed unless the latch bar was in the locked position.

#15959 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Matches Stern though, and you get used to it after a few goes where your hand instantly finds it first time every time...

It’s just like the latches on the control panels for my capcon cabinets. It’s not too bad. I just make sure I don’t let anyone else but me remove the lockdown bars because the last thing I need is a visitor feeling for the 2 latches and ripping some wires or mechs under the playfield.

#15960 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'd go back to the old style lock down bars if I had the option. I've been playing on location where someone inserted the lockdown bar but forgot to latch it, allowing the lock down bar to be removed (along with the playfield glass and coinbox). With the old style lockdown bar, the coin door couldn't be closed unless the latch bar was in the locked position.

This distinction is key. As a hobbyist, when you want to troubleshoot-play or diagnose things, or working through a restoration's dial-in period, being in-and-out frequently while futzing with the traditional latch and/or not being able to shut the door with the latch open really is annoying . So I've come to appreciate the trunk-latch style. There's no question they are cheaper, yet arguably sufficient to a point while doing a better job keeping the bar snug - and if you're troubleshooting you can quickly get in/out while leaving it unlatched.

But as an operator, the failsafe against forgetting to actually lock them (which I have also done... oops) is paramount, and the traditional style was clearly designed for that, and likely more resistant to deliberate break-in abuse.

I'm kind of surprised lockbar type isn't listed as an option, really.

#15961 2 years ago

Does anyone have an issue when starting the Total Rickard parasites adventure with no balls locked that the left drop target drops and the ball will get stuck behind the right drop target? It will try to drop the right drop target but it pops up right away?

#15962 2 years ago

Maybe try cleaning your optos and checking them.
I had an opto wire with a loose solder joint that gave me all sorts of weird horseshoe issues until I found and fixed it.

#15963 2 years ago

I have no other issues with the game, just that particular mode with no balls locked.

#15964 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Does anyone have an issue when starting the Total Rickard parasites adventure with no balls locked that the left drop target drops and the ball will get stuck behind the right drop target? It will try to drop the right drop target but it pops up right away?

same here....I think it is software based

#15965 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I can see that being an issue with location games ,but I like them for home use!

#15966 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Targets should stay up in Rickall with no locks lit. I’d check the drop target switch on the one that isn’t coming back up.

#15968 2 years ago

The video is posted on youtube

Wonder if it is a full episode coming or a 'movie'. Pretty cool they got Christopher Lloyd for it before he's unable.

#15969 2 years ago

Is soldmy.org/pin/rm/ code safe to update with? If so let me know in going to update my game tomorrow and I don't want to put some random code into my game making it unplayable, just want to make sure it's safe.

#15970 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballwizardMas:

Is soldmy.org/pin/rm/ code safe to update with? If so let me know in going to update my game tomorrow and I don't want to put some random code into my game making it unplayable, just want to make sure it's safe.

Yes

#15971 2 years ago

I've had LED issue from day one, with a bunch of them presenting as light blue instead of white. Still yet to get a resolution from Spooky. Has anyone had the same issue?

IMG_7794 (resized).jpgIMG_7794 (resized).jpg
#15972 2 years ago

check connections at the PD-LED board that handles those leds.

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I've had LED issue from day one, with a bunch of them presenting as light blue instead of white. Still yet to get a resolution from Spooky. Has anyone had the same issue?
[quoted image]

#15973 2 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Blue Crystal Mod (Flasher Only).

Finally got to do this last night - it works great! My spare LED strip fragment is almost stupidly weak (UV light) but proved the concept. THANK YOU. I personally do prefer the flashing concept much better, and it's neat that your mod is versatile enough to offer both options.

Funny enough, my second game after making this change, I had my best game ever -by far- for 69M points with 22 seeds! What a coincidence ha ha. It was either fixing the crystal mod, or changing the flipper rubber. epthegeek But in thie midst of this monster game the game locked up after the biggest ball drained... I was panicked it would crash completely but it recovered and set up the next ball, without awarding any bonus (actual logged score on this game was only 46M, but I know that bonus of a 26M ball w/ 18 seeds at the time should have been 23M). Is there a way I can get you the log files from this? As it happens, we haven't played another game since, yet. Unfortunately that ball was so chaotic (multiple multis, manias, adventures, etc etc) I couldn't even keep track of what was happening as I played, let alone guess what might have triggered the lock. I'm just grateful it recovered at all!

#15974 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

check connections at the PD-LED board that handles those leds.

Connections are solid at both ends. Certain it’s the individual leds.

#15975 2 years ago

Do those LEDs ever come back to normal, or are they always that color? If they are always that color, I bet they failed and need to be replaced.

#15976 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Do those LEDs ever come back to normal, or are they always that color? If they are always that color, I bet they failed and need to be replaced.

Hey Scott, thanks for the reply mate. Been like this since day one. They mostly represent RGB as correct (to my eye), but white has alway been off. Messaged Spooky again, waiting on response. Their first thought was wiring, but I've pretty much discounted that.

Love your game btw!! Its my 7 year olds absolute fav!!!

Vid attached, always difficult to show LEDs correctly, but it should give you the idea.

#15978 2 years ago

Hey Scott, thanks for the reply mate. Been like this since day one. They mostly represent RGB as correct (to my eye), but white has alway been off. Messaged Spooky again, waiting on response. Their first thought was wiring, but I've pretty much discounted that.
Love your game btw!! Its my 7 year olds absolute fav!!!
Vid attached, always difficult to show LEDs correctly, but it should give you the idea.

I would honestly just replace them. I think it could be the LED chip. That is too consistent to be a wiring issue.
--Scott

#15980 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I had 4 LEDs like that out of the box. Spooky replaced them no questions asked. They have been fine ever since.

#15981 2 years ago

I’m wanting to play a Rick and Morty pin before I buy one. I’ve looked on the Pinside location map and the closest arcade with one is Kansas City which is over 3 hours away (I’m in Southeast Kansas—an hour west of Joplin, Mo and an hour North of Tulsa, OK). Does anyone know of a closer location that has one?

#15982 2 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

I’m wanting to play a Rick and Morty pin before I buy one. I’ve looked on the Pinside location map and the closest arcade with one is Kansas City which is over 3 hours away (I’m in Southeast Kansas—an hour west of Joplin, Mo and an hour North of Tulsa, OK). Does anyone know of a closer location that has one?

Have you tried searching pinsiders near you with one in their collection?

#15983 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Have you tried searching pinsiders near you with one in their collection?

Yes. Closest pinsiders with one are in Wichita and Kansas City, but I don’t know them.

#15984 2 years ago

I would think that most pinheads would be welcoming if you brought beer and a pizza

#15985 2 years ago

Yes, especially fellow Rick and Morty fans, I would think.

A time honored tradition amongst pinheads.

Just don't open with "when can I come over?" Worst they can say is no.

#15986 2 years ago

Imagine my amazement today as I watched my almost 19 year old daughter, finally showing an interest in playing pinball, racking up over 20 million on R&M on her second try!

I do have it set up sort of easy, but still, she's a natural. Maybe she got it from her old man, but she almost finished Purge during a multiball, which was better than I usually manage! I was so proud! Gotta encourage her to keep playing and develop skillz!

#15987 2 years ago

Holy!

Ep 9,10 are like brain blowers. Crazy

#15988 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy!
Ep 9,10 are like brain blowers. Crazy

I really need to watch these, been saving them for a slow TV night!

#15989 2 years ago

Would be cool to see how other people additions/mods all come together. I’m keeping it pretty simple with Drunk Rick, Evil Morty, and a Ghost In A Jar around the ship since it felt a bit bare. Also added a Pickle Rick to cover the wire going up to the right ramp. Earthquake/museum putty works great keeping things in place.

3A735F6F-968E-4B20-A4E7-D006EBDAA51F (resized).jpeg3A735F6F-968E-4B20-A4E7-D006EBDAA51F (resized).jpeg
#15990 2 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Yes. Closest pinsiders with one are in Wichita and Kansas City, but I don’t know them.

You’re welcome to come by and play some games on my R&M Standard, but I’m not any closer than Solid State here in town who have a BSE on location.

#15991 2 years ago

I finally got the new flipper bushings installed on my Rick and Morty and all I can say is wow what a pain to install! Finally got the flippers lined back up and everything tightened back down. I never really had any issues with making it up the ramps and I guess the flippers are a little stronger now, but I don't think I can really tell a difference. Mine ran for 3 days straight at Pinfest without any flipper weakness issues, but I guess it is future proofed now. Still a great game! Hoping for one or two more modes before everything is done. Notice in my May update code there are a few new dimensions. I like simple music mode!

#15992 2 years ago

Ahh geez Rick, it's awfully quiet in here...

#15993 2 years ago

I’ve been meaning to post but I keep tending these bees. Bunch of Jerry’s.

4A6CDA2D-1543-4F4C-96E1-E5FDC6C86451 (resized).jpeg4A6CDA2D-1543-4F4C-96E1-E5FDC6C86451 (resized).jpeg
#15994 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I finally got the new flipper bushings installed on my Rick and Morty and all I can say is wow what a pain to install! Finally got the flippers lined back up and everything tightened back down. I never really had any issues with making it up the ramps and I guess the flippers are a little stronger now, but I don't think I can really tell a difference. Mine ran for 3 days straight at Pinfest without any flipper weakness issues, but I guess it is future proofed now. Still a great game! Hoping for one or two more modes before everything is done. Notice in my May update code there are a few new dimensions. I like simple music mode!

Not so much about making the ramps, more about the crazy spin that the incorrect bushings caused. My game has tons of cheap spinny drains, and now it doesn't. Huge difference.

#15995 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Ahh geez Rick, it's awfully quiet in here...

Too busy playing the game and nothing breaking to ask questions about. I think this is my favorite modern pin... perfect level of difficulty to keep me engaged and coming back for more at home. Still haven't beat Rick Potion, the flu hatin rap absolutely kills me every time

#15996 2 years ago

Now that the latest season has wrapped up as fast as two crows that can fly in a straight line, and 99% of the tweaks have been shared and implemented, can we get back to hypothesizing on whether the game is now considered “complete”. Priorities and programmers have obviously got to move on to the next at some point, not to mention licenses expire.

I held out for GB code for years, so I have patience in code releases. But with GB, it had always been trolled by Stern that an update was coming that was not just bug fixes. I don’t mind being Lloyd Christmas here because there’s a chance, but we all know there comes a time when the game is the game. Have we reached that point? Is the speculation true that there is more code coming but awaiting approvals? Is epthegeek still working on R&M code additions and/or just bug fixes?

Additional playable Mortys?
Additional Adventures?
Additional Inter-dimensional Cable Shows?

Maybe add the music video portion of the Adventures to attract mode, like Goodbye Moonmen and Get Schwifty, just to add a couple more to the mix.

Forgive my rambling instead of playing. California garagecades are not my jam when it’s pushing a 100 degrees.

#15997 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I held out for GB code for years, so I have patience in code releases. But with GB, it had always been trolled by Stern that an update was coming that was not just bug fixes.

On Ghostbusters there was a whole MODE that was on the instruction card that wasn't in the game, so it kinda had to be done eventually.

#15998 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I’ve had an issue similar to this. Here is the solution 95% of the time:

-Disconnect and unscrew the LED. Keep the screw on the LED bulb with the rubber ring.
-Twist the rubber ring down the screw so it’s tight up against the LED.
-Reinstall.

More times than not, the rubber ring will separate from the LED slightly. This space causes the random coloring for some reason.

Might be worth making this a key post.

#15999 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I’ve had an issue similar to this. Here is the solution 95% of the time:
-Disconnect and unscrew the LED. Keep the screw on the LED bulb with the rubber ring.
-Twist the rubber ring down the screw so it’s tight up against the LED.
-Reinstall.
More times than not, the rubber ring will separate from the LED slightly. This space causes the random coloring for some reason.
Might be worth making this a key post.

Just curious, is spooky using these same LEDs for Halloween?

#16000 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Additional playable Mortys?
Additional Adventures?
Additional Inter-dimensional Cable Shows?

I'd consider it complete, and anything new would be a nice bonus. They are likely putting forth most of their effort on Halloween/Kaiju.

They are not going to announce anything until it is approved and ready for distribution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/320?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.