(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 404.
#1501 4 years ago

Put 20 games on this at Lyman's Tavern in D.C. today and have 1 on pre-order!

I'll put the bad up front (Disclaimer, this is on fairly early code with less than 50 machines in the wild):

The bad:
1. The Garage Shot is as hard as people say. I made it 3 times in 20 games.
2. The different dimensions require a garage shot. My 3 dimensions I made it to ended instantly because it flashed up on the screen what the dimension was, I looked up to read it, and the ball came out the portal instantly and drained before I could read it.
3. The Magna-save is cool, but I saw 0 opportunities where I could have used it to save the ball.
4. The ball got stuck... alot. I had the ball fly off the end of the left ramp and wedge itself into the wireform that spits out the ball from launch multiple times. The ball also got stuck in the lip of the scoop a couple of times... to the point I had to tilt it to get it out.
5. Not exactly sure what the Beth/Jerry/Summer targets are used for outside of modes
The good.
6. The pop bumper only seemed to pop on balls approaching from the top on this example.
7. No rule cards?
8. The ship on a stick looked cool, but I'm not sure it performed correctly when it was supposed to move.

1. Art is on point. I've heard complaints about the playfield, but it looks nice in person. The cabinet and rails look good... the backbox looks good, the topper looks good.
2. The game reminds me very favorably of The Addams Family. Shoot ramps to light scoop to start new random mode.
3. The modes are laid out well and explain what you are supposed to do very well.
4. The stock sound system rocks and the music/call outs are great.
5. More swearing than an NWA album.
6. There were heavy balltrails and grime from heavy use on this machine, but I saw 0 dimples.
7. The modes are nicely varied.

Overall I had a blast and cannot wait to get to tear into my first NIB in my basement. I'm sure the game will only improve with code. If I can get the garage shot dialed in on my basement machine I'll think this one is hard to beat.

If you've played one, don't forget to rate it!

(Also got to play Alien and Elvira for the first time too!)

20200311_131831 (resized).jpg20200311_131831 (resized).jpg
#1502 4 years ago

Pin # 79 willing to swap spots + cash PM please if you would like to negotiate a deal.

Ready soon!

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

2. The different dimensions require a garage shot. My 3 dimensions I made it to ended instantly because it flashed up on the screen what the dimension was, I looked up to read it, and the ball came out the portal instantly and drained before I could read it.

Ha ha yes, this is a great point and exactly how I drained: I was so pumped I looked up and forgot how #*&^@ fast that damn kickout is. I appreciate the speed, but OTOH it seems counter intuitive to have such a punishing entry to a mode that you miss knowing what actual mode you're about to do. Hopefully this can be tuned up a bit in future code.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Ha ha yes, this is a great point and exactly how I drained: I was so pumped I looked up and forgot how #*&^@ fast that damn kickout is. I appreciate the speed, but OTOH it seems counter intuitive to have such a punishing entry to a mode that you miss knowing what actual mode you're about to do. Hopefully this can be tuned up a bit in future code.

Maybe they should have that announcer guy announce each important mode/dimension? (if possible) Fast games don't lend themselves to looking up at the screen...i rarely look at it anyway. @epthegeek

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

6. There were heavy balltrails and grime from heavy use on this machine, but I saw 0 dimples.

My friend is buddies with the the owner. I will tell him to chastise them for not keeping it clean!

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Had a thought.
Biggest gripe for me, of legitimately few, is the shooter lane and skillshot could have easily been significantly neater.
Why on earth is this designed to PLOP on the playfield?
Just having it shoot straight, no incline, and soft plunge to where it does drop, or longer plunge to the left flipper, would have been better than what exists.
Ideally.....with the incline, and the fact that each shot is coming via the portal gun, there could have been three varied sizes of holes with portal graphics leading into a subway to shoot for just ahead of the end of the existing shooter lane wireform. Each one in turn would offer a different starting bonus or points, and then with that fantastic second trough, possibly could have shot out immediately into the left flipper lane, or maybe elsewhere depending on the portal.
This shooter lane aspect seems lackluster in design, in an otherwise really fast and frenetic higher skill level game.

Not sure I follow your suggestion. By design the ball correctly drops at the top of the flipper lane to load the upper right flipper for the skill shot (or super skill shot). If it just went light speed around the upper loop it would just end up back at the same flipper or most times out the right drain lane. I personally liked the challenge they created. By no means is this your typical Easy skill shot. IF you get it you Earned it! lol If by skill (ok luck) you Double loop the skill shot you get some Amazing points. I personally don't see an issue with the setup on this but thats just an opinion.

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I follow your suggestion. By design the ball correctly drops at the top of the flipper lane to load the upper right flipper for the skill shot (or super skill shot). If it just went light speed around the upper loop it would just end up back at the same flipper or most times out the right drain lane. I personally liked the challenge they created. By no means is this your typical Easy skill shot. IF you get it you Earned it! lol If by skill (ok luck) you Double loop the skill shot you get some Amazing points. I personally don't see an issue with the setup on this but thats just an opinion.

I was trying to give an option for the existing one, which I feel is anticlimactic at best, and somewhat kinetic energy robbing also.

For me, having actual shots to shoot for, i.e. portal holes, and then have the ball shoot out elsewhere, would thematically be more cohesive and just more fun than a hard plop then shoot onto the playfield.

POTC is my current personal favorite for three fairly dramatic different types of skillshots. Though admittedly I'm more versed in that game than many.

#1508 4 years ago

Oktoberfest has a bunch of sweet skill shots. My current fave.

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Oktoberfest has a bunch of sweet skill shots. My current fave.

What are they?

I know the Houdini one's are very lackluster.....

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What are they?

There's a timed shot to the rotating lock up top (easy) and then a series of arcing shots down the left side of the playfield with a direct plunge to the inlane as the highest scoring of the bunch, I think.

It's a super soft, giant arcing rainbow plunge. Beautiful when you hit it.

#1511 4 years ago

Found a taker in my Rick and Morty spot search! I'm in for #182! Game is dope.

#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Found a taker in my Rick and Morty spot search! I'm in for #182! Game is dope.

Good for you dude. I'm too polite to ask how much that set you back

#1513 4 years ago

Things in life have come up and regrettably I need to sell my spot.
I'm number 148. If interested pm me a offer.

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Things in life have come up and regrettably I need to sell my spot.
I'm number 148. If interested pm me a offer.

put up an advert rather than this hidden auction BS.

Or hell, call your distributor or spooky (wherever you purchased) and ask if they have the ability to return your deposit.

If you need money quick, either make an advert or just ask the seller for a refund.

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

put up an advert rather than this hidden auction BS.
Or hell, call your distributor or spooky (wherever you purchased) and ask if they have the ability to return your deposit.
If you need money quick, either make an advert or just ask the seller for a refund.

Sorry I forgot you were in charge again.

#1516 4 years ago

As with all NIB titles,we have early dropouts here as well!! Whysnow and I saw all this when GB came out!! The first GB pins that came out,had the outlane guide rails completely down flush with the PF!! Ball jumps were rabid!! Also on the Pre and LEs the right ramp had to be modified with a smaller standoff!! The ball just wouldn't go all the way up and over!!I see some modification seems to also be needed here as well!! SO,all you early receivers make adjustments as needed,so all us next year receivers won't have to go threw it!! Thank-you very much!!

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

As with all NIB titles,we have early dropouts here as well!! Whysnow and I saw all this when GB came out!! The first GB pins that came out,had the outlane guide rails completely down flush with the PF!! Ball jumps were rabid!! Also on the Pre and LEs the right ramp had to be modified with a smaller standoff!! The ball just wouldn't go all the way up and over!!I see some modification seems to also be needed here as well!! SO,all you early receivers make adjustments as needed,so all us next year receivers won't have to go threw it!! Thank-you very much!!

Did you sell your spot?

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

It’s fine to post here “This is America” and you are an owner in the owners thread.

Whysnow needs to stop.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I am not in charge. It is a pinside rule.

Game sales over $2500 must have an advert made.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not in charge. It is a pinside rule.
Game sales over $2500 must have an advert made.

I do have one and had one before your first post. But thanks again for sticking your nose in.

I must have missed when you became a moderator.

#1521 4 years ago

Listen guys.

I am by no means in charge however here are the rules and I am going to tell you to follow them.

Lol come on w this.

I need popcorn

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I do have one and had one before your first post. But thanks again for sticking your nose in.

glad to see you set a price and seems pretty fair based on what they have been selling for online and your low number.

hope it works out for you.

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Listen guys.
I am by no means in charge however here are the rules and I am going to tell you to follow them.
Lol come on w this.
I need popcorn

No popcorn. Didn't you see the sign?

#1524 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I dunno, you seem to be missing a zero.

#1525 4 years ago

Maybe I don’t fully comprehend the various issues and opinions in play regarding the plunge since I have zero in person experience on the game. My impressions from watching video of gameplay is that delivery of the plunge is a bit clunky but if tweaked correctly, serves its purpose.

My question regarding the plunge is not so much about the skill shot but about ball save launches. If there isn’t an opportunity to hit a skill shot on a ball save auto plunge, I’d really prefer the auto plunge to launch fast and hard into an area that rapidly feeds into gameplay rather than the rather awkward clunk of the drop and roll to the upper flipper.

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I’d really prefer the auto plunge to launch fast and hard into an area that rapidly feeds into gameplay rather than the rather awkward clunk of the drop and roll to the upper flipper.

I'd love the auto-plunge to go to the upper flipper. That way you have lots of Super Jackpot (Garage) chances when multi-ball is starting.

#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Maybe I don’t fully comprehend the various issues and opinions in play regarding the plunge since I have zero in person experience on the game. My impressions from watching video of gameplay is that delivery of the plunge is a bit clunky but if tweaked correctly, serves its purpose.
My question regarding the plunge is not so much about the skill shot but about ball save launches. If there isn’t an opportunity to hit a skill shot on a ball save auto plunge, I’d really prefer the auto plunge to launch fast and hard into an area that rapidly feeds into gameplay rather than the rather awkward clunk of the drop and roll to the upper flipper.

Maybe the ball save can be coded (if not already) to only start counting down when the playfield is qualified?

#1528 4 years ago

Did everyone decide to unload their machine today? Jeez...

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Did everyone decide to unload their machine today? Jeez...

Yes. COVID-19 unloading day.

#1530 4 years ago

why the hell has no one asked for an inter-dimensional cable box yet!!!???

#1531 4 years ago

I'm in at 394. If anyone with a wants to have more time and swap positions, I'm open to moving up to a sooner production number. Not really looking to pay to move up as I'm OK being patient until my number comes up, but I figured I throw this out there in case someone wants more time to get funds in order.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe they should have that announcer guy announce each important mode/dimension? (if possible) Fast games don't lend themselves to looking up at the screen...i rarely look at it anyway. epthegeek

I’m hoping there’s Rick and/or Morty dialog for those things. “Oh shit, we’re in the TNA dimension, they don’t even know what the fuck ramps are here!!!!”

#1533 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m hoping there’s Rick and/or Morty dialog for those things. “Oh shit, we’re in the TNA dimension, they don’t even know what the fuck ramps are here!!!!”

Yea, agreed, but I kind of figured that was never planned therefore never done. I'm not clear on what the likelihood is that he'll come back and do more voice work. Hopefully that door is still open for future changes, but would completely understand if it isn't.

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea, agreed, but I kind of figured that was never planned therefore never done. I'm not clear on what the likelihood is that he'll come back and do more voice work. Hopefully that door is still open for future changes, but would completely understand if it isn't.

They’ve already said there’s a ton of voice recorded, but not implemented yet. Dimensions could be part of that.

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They’ve already said there’s a ton of voice recorded, but not implemented yet. Dimensions could be part of that.

Something like only 1/3 implemented so far!

#1536 4 years ago

Including tax and shipping. Just the change in our shitty ass CDN dollar in the past week has my total going up about $415

Fuckin' covid-19 is making my pinballs cost more

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Including tax and shipping. Just the change in our shitty ass CDN dollar in the past week has my total going up about $415

OH man...that sucks..

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Fuckin' covid-19 is making my pinballs cost more

Ooofff! On the bright side, it’ll be bolted to the floor! It’s an awesome game!

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ooofff! On the bright side, it’ll be bolted to the floor! It’s an awesome game!

This game has received its 15th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation! That's in like 3 days and 5 hours.

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This game has received its 15th rating this week. It will be included in next weeks Pinside Pinball Top 100 calculation! That's in like 3 days and 5 hours.

Any guesses where it ends up?

#1541 4 years ago

Tons of new ads today, including spot 79 for $1250+ deposit

Screenshot_20200312-203746_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200312-203746_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I added the ratings up and did the average it might be number 5

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This is just a guess. I'm going to say 7th.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

This is just a guess. I'm going to say 7th.

I’m going to say 6.

#1545 4 years ago

When playing the life of Roy, and you die, I swear the narrator says “was killed in a road rage instant”, instead of “was killed in a road rage incident”. Anyone else hear this...or should I turn up my hearing aids.

#1546 4 years ago

Haven't seen the info on weight anywhere....

250-300 pounds?

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

250-300 pounds?

800 lb. Gorilla

#1548 4 years ago

Probably the same as alice cooper pin. What was that about 230-250?

Quoted from wesman:

250-300 pounds?

#1549 4 years ago

When are we gonna get some more Streams?

#1550 4 years ago

JD said there was a stream embargo on at the moment - untill code is more stable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
8,800 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/31?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.