(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 405.
#15751 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

So many possibilities for video modes on this theme. Sigh….

Video modes were a weird way to try to entice video gamers to try pinball in the 90’s. They’re rarely good mini-games & just take time away from pinball gameplay. That being said, since it’s Rick & Morty, they could probably come up with a really funny video mode…probably could be OK…but I think in general, not many owners/players are missing video modes.

#15752 2 years ago

R&M is an embarrassment of riches. I already loved the show, and I knew it could make a great pinball theme, but I never dreamed the outcome would kick so much ass!

We are so lucky. Face it, with it sold out, there was no absolute necessity to furnish it with the fantastic software they did. They could have just Munstered it with no damage to their bottom line.

But instead we got this over-the-top, totally awesome, incredibly innovative game!

I never tire of playing it. All my other machines are jealous.

But when I do play them, they seem much much easier than they used to be. R&M is also making me a better player! For instance, on my ST Pro, I turned it on the other day for the first time in weeks and proceeded to get to KM with maxed out medals on the first game!

Thank you Spooky, and especially Eric! I regret that I ever criticized anything about the software; while I do think my complaints weren't egregious and that some of the responses were overreactions, I never meant to anger anyone or come off looking (*gasp*) abrasive!

#15753 2 years ago

Re: video modes on a video display -- that would constitute a video game. Leave that to the Xboxes and Playstationses.

#15754 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Video modes were a weird way to try to entice video gamers to try pinball in the 90’s. They’re rarely good mini-games & just take time away from pinball gameplay. That being said, since it’s Rick & Morty, they could probably come up with a really funny video mode…probably could be OK…but I think in general, not many owners/players are missing video modes.

A graphic shooter video mode similar to BSD would be awesome for R&M. please.

#15755 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

They could have just Munstered it with no damage to their bottom line.

Very true!

#15756 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

A graphic shooter video mode similar to BSD would be awesome for R&M. please.

Total Rickall is already a "shoot them all" mode, and ya do it with the pinball hitting targets. Would pausing the pinball to just hit buttons and watch it on a screen really gain us anything?

#15757 2 years ago

Jerry's Game should be the only video mode, "achieved" by getting a terrible score. Wouldn't take "too much" effort for coding as games go (pop balloons with flipper buttons!), would be a hilarious / fun / snarky consolation the first time you see it, and would be all the due commentary necessary about a video mode in a pinball game.

And if you really wanted to play it instead you could just... drain, ha!

That said, I think Eric has already said NO to this idea, and I'm sure there's better ways to invest his time. Only so many hours in the day to code so what gets the priority? I'd be very happy to see it, but not upset if it never comes to be.

#15758 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Total Rickall is already a "shoot them all" mode, and ya do it with the pinball hitting targets. Would pausing the pinball to just hit buttons and watch it on a screen really gain us anything?

I guess it’s the feeling of something coming at you on the screen with the timing aspect is what I enjoy most about the video mode for BSD and it’s an awesome feeling.

#15759 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I guess it’s the feeling of something coming at you on the screen with the timing aspect is what I enjoy most about the video mode for BSD and it’s an awesome feeling.

“Coming at you”, you say…we’ll, this theoretical video mode HAS to be the giant sperm, then lol

67675ACE-4A01-4D2D-BCE3-5C1C791CBBB8.jpeg67675ACE-4A01-4D2D-BCE3-5C1C791CBBB8.jpeg
#15760 2 years ago

For anyone interested in the IPS LCD screen there might be a discount to be had if we can place a large enough order: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ips-lcd-upgrade-interest-rampm-acnc-tna-and-more

#15761 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

People are just expressing that they really like the game and would love more of it, however we can get it.

BM66 is a good example of deep content and theme integration that shoots really poorly (IMHO)

Fortunately, R&M is an amazing shooting game with great content as well. Spooky and the licensee get to control what content makes it into the game. The idea that throwing money around will get them to change their plans is wishful thinking. I understand why people want to view their game as a platform with continual software updates (via open sourcing, crowd sourcing, or whatever means), but I just don't see it happening.

The randomness & kinetics of pinball is what keeps me interested. I grew bored of old school video games, since once you understand the algorithms, it is truly boring (I was pretty proficient @ Missile Command, Battlezone and Ms. Pacman). Cool memories, but just not fun when compared with the randomness in pinball (which has little to do with the images on the DMD/LCD/etc.). Today's games are another story...they are stunning but too much for my old school brain to deal with. Watched my son play "Overwatch" the other day...some crazy shit! Game makes my head spin...

#15763 2 years ago

Finally R&M is in my house.

I watched Deadflips Stream of R&M so many times but now having the possibility playing myself is a fantastic experience.

Love the theme, the Lightshow and especially the music combined with the sfx sounds and callouts.

The shaker feels so smooth (on low setting) and fits perfectly.

Thx for the great great work to the whole Spooky Team.

20210813_122650 (resized).jpg20210813_122650 (resized).jpg
#15764 2 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Finally R&M is in my house.
I watched Deadflips Stream of R&M so many times but now having the possibility playing myself is a fantastic experience.
Love the theme, the Lightshow and especially the music combined with the sfx sounds and callouts.
The shaker feels so smooth (on low setting) and fits perfectly.
Thx for the great great work to the whole Spooky Team.[quoted image]

Congrats to you late receivers! All the wait will be worth it.

#15765 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

For anyone interested in the IPS LCD screen there might be a discount to be had if we can place a large enough order: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ips-lcd-upgrade-interest-rampm-acnc-tna-and-more

I have just received and fitted this screen…. A noticeable difference and well worth doing!!
The blacks are now black from any height or direction.

Many thanks for all the testing and for arranging this Scott!!

#15766 2 years ago

Had the weirdest thing happen... Got an airball off the flipper that hit something over on the left side of the pf, then rocketed back and ended going through the gap at the side of the apron, then rolling down and into the coinbox.

After looking at it, there is a huge gap between the apron and wall of the cabinet. All other games (Stern, B/W, etc) have that space closed up, so not sure what Spooky was thinking here.

#15767 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Got an airball off the flipper that hit something over on the left side of the pf, then rocketed back and ended going through the gap at the side of the apron, then rolling down and into the coinbox.

I had this happen twice, once when I first got the game and another time more recently. The second time when it hit the apron it shorted out my BlackLight strip and immediately my machine started smoking ... literally. I turned it off (obviously) removed the light strip and the game worked fine. But, after I got a replacement light strip I also ordered a basic post with a wood screw base from Pinball Life (like the ones on the PF) and installed it on the rail right in front of the gap. This seems to have fixed the issue.

#15768 2 years ago

fter looking at it, there is a huge gap between the apron and wall of the cabinet. All other games (Stern, B/W, etc) have that space closed up, so not sure what Spooky was thinking here.

Yeah, and if it happens on a route machine, the game won’t play with just 3 balls like any other game in the last 30 years.
Out of order.

#15769 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Yeah, and if it happens on a route machine, the game won’t play with just 3 balls like any other game in the last 30 years.
Out of order.

Wait, there's no missing ball compensation in the software? That's a big oversight for the route market. Reminds me of Houdini's crashing audits and no timeout on the high score entry screen.

#15770 2 years ago

Had the weirdest thing happen... Got an airball off the flipper that hit something over on the left side of the pf, then rocketed back and ended going through the gap at the side of the apron, then rolling down and into the coinbox.
After looking at it, there is a huge gap between the apron and wall of the cabinet. All other games (Stern, B/W, etc) have that space closed up, so not sure what Spooky was thinking here.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I had this happen twice, once when I first got the game and another time more recently. The second time when it hit the apron it shorted out my BlackLight strip and immediately my machine started smoking ... literally. I turned it off (obviously) removed the light strip and the game worked fine. But, after I got a replacement light strip I also ordered a basic post with a wood screw base from Pinball Life (like the ones on the PF) and installed it on the rail right in front of the gap. This seems to have fixed the issue.

Same - put a post there - solved.

#15771 2 years ago

Ok polling question, if you got to choose the perfect Adventure situation for scoring, what would you want it to be? No Rick Potion 9 or full adventure card multipliers allowed for this poll either!

For me, it would be starting Moonmen with 1 ball locked (2nd ready to be locked) and Meeseeks Multiball but with only 2 balls live. I would want to be in Hv3-LT dimension (3x Left Side). For strategy I would try to trap one of the balls and alternate the shots the best I could without interfering with each other. Once I hit all of the required shots, I would go for multiball to finish. This is all hypothetical since I'm not good enough to execute on this, but would love to have the opportunity! Got close once or twice and got a pretty big score.

I'm not saying this is the best way to score points in the game, just a situation I would want to be put in.

#15772 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Ok polling question, if you got to choose the perfect Adventure situation for scoring, what would you want it to be? No Rick Potion 9 or full adventure card multipliers allowed for this poll either!
For me, it would be starting Moonmen with 1 ball locked (2nd ready to be locked) and Meeseeks Multiball but with only 2 balls live. I would want to be in Hv3-LT dimension (3x Left Side). For strategy I would try to trap one of the balls and alternate the shots the best I could without interfering with each other. Once I hit all of the required shots, I would go for multiball to finish. This is all hypothetical since I'm not good enough to execute on this, but would love to have the opportunity! Got close once or twice and got a pretty big score.
I'm not saying this is the best way to score points in the game, just a situation I would want to be put in.

Pretty close if not spot on to what I've seen.

Just the other day I had part of that - Moonmen, multiball/meeseek mb/+add-a-ball in the no spinner dimension. Not any of that mattered because I couldn't make a god damn shot before the mode ended

I suppose the 1000x rick shot might be better though if you hit that enough in a MB.

#15773 2 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

$16.00 Stainless Steel Ship hinge Replacement

Did you make this yourself or purchase it from somewhere? The only replacements I've seen so far are plastic.

#15774 2 years ago
Quoted from ericpruitt:

Did you make this yourself or purchase it from somewhere? The only replacements I've seen so far are plastic.

toyotaboy If memory serves me. I have one but have not needed it as of yet after 680 games.

#15775 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:But, after I got a replacement light strip I also ordered a basic post with a wood screw base from Pinball Life (like the ones on the PF) and installed it on the rail right in front of the gap. This seems to have fixed the issue.

Could you post a picture?

Thx

#15776 2 years ago

Question for you guys. Finally got my machine today, while cleaning it I noticed this under the house, is this normal or a stray piece that wandered off?

94C8BE23-8144-44B9-AA85-C501A376A8D4 (resized).jpeg94C8BE23-8144-44B9-AA85-C501A376A8D4 (resized).jpeg
#15777 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Question for you guys. Finally got my machine today, while cleaning it I noticed this under the house, is this normal or a stray piece that wandered off?[quoted image]

A) what is the machine number?
B) kind of hard to understand what is the ask.

Is this about diverter?

#15778 2 years ago

I think you're right now that I'm looking at it, I think it's a diverter. Thanks

#15779 2 years ago

Don't know any part number,

The build number (serial) helps understand when the machine hit the field.
Folks will need to figure out what you are impacted by.

The pic doesn't tell me you have an issue in playability, or if it is a lifted cosmetic defect.

#15780 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am really happy to try this new option! Thanks for this.
Added: New setting to allow Antigravity while right flipper is on (may need larger fuse - use at own risk)/blockquote>

epthegeek I finally got a chance to try this out and the setting doesn't seem to change anything. With it set to "enable" the right flipper still blocks the magnet use. I did a power cycle in case the change wasn't picked up, but still no dice.

#15781 2 years ago

Question for you guys. Finally got my machine today, while cleaning it I noticed this under the house, is this normal or a stray piece that wandered off?[quoted image]

That is a factory piece of plastic. I am not sure what it does, but it has been installed on the three games I’ve looked at.

#15782 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

The build number (serial) helps understand when the machine hit the field.
Folks will need to figure out what you are impacted by.
The pic doesn't tell me you have an issue in playability, or if it is a lifted cosmetic defect.

Machine number 631, it was NIB and have not located a build date.

I have been trying to read back and see maybe these were all little factory fixes during production.

Thus far I did install the PBL upgraded shooter lane but I feel it doesn’t fit right and that it requires a little force bending downward to install the forward hold down screw in the side rail.

Also it seems they moved the left ramp a bit more to the left which actually puts that left post that’s in front slightly into the ramps entry now. It just doesn’t look correct in my eyes but then again maybe another issue addressed.
89A1607D-348F-4E04-B0D3-7B66036E4E09 (resized).jpeg89A1607D-348F-4E04-B0D3-7B66036E4E09 (resized).jpeg94D596D3-6AE1-4FD8-91C7-211B3F2178B9 (resized).jpeg94D596D3-6AE1-4FD8-91C7-211B3F2178B9 (resized).jpeg

#15783 2 years ago

That ramp needs to go right so that it more centered on the meeseeks insert.

As for your first pic by the house, I have no idea what you are trying to show us there. There should be a rail there, the diverter is behind it and you won't be able to see it normally. Re-up it with the the part in question circled.

#15784 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Re-up it with the the part in question circled.

This piece here. Okay for the ramp I moved it over and tapped some new holes.
Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#15785 2 years ago
Quoted from ericpruitt:

toyotaboy was the one making and distributing these not sure if he still is you'll have to get in touch and ask.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/toyotaboy

#15786 2 years ago

Also it seems they moved the left ramp a bit more to the left which actually puts that left post that’s in front slightly into the ramps entry now. It just doesn’t look correct in my eyes but then again maybe another issue addressed.

Your location is slightly worse than mine, but I moved it right/forward. Moving it isn't trivial given the location of the inner loop ball guide. Here is a post I made several months back...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/263#post-6258850

#15787 2 years ago

I have #748 and yours looks like it is slightly more left than mine.

I have been thinking of trying to move mine right a little, but was not sure how hard it would be to tap new holes and also if I would need to trim the ramp like snaroff did.

The shot is definitely makeable as is, but seems harder than it should be and I do hit that post a lot. I can't decide if I need to move the ramp...or just play better.

RNM Ramp (resized).jpgRNM Ramp (resized).jpg
#15788 2 years ago

How do you know how many Meeseeks you've collected/need to start Meeseeks Mania MB?

Also, can it only be started once per game?

#15789 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I have been thinking of trying to move mine right a little, but was not sure how hard it would be to tap new holes and also if I would need to trim the ramp like snaroff did.
The shot is definitely makeable as is, but seems harder than it should be and I do hit that post a lot. I can't decide if I need to move the ramp...or just play better.
[quoted image]

So what I did was take off the plastic to the right of the ramp, then unscrewed the ramp and moved it to the right and caught the original first factory hole and dropped a screw in there and then let the left screw make a new hole for its new location, and reinstalled right side plastics. The post is now inline with the left was side of the ramp to block any head on shots from hitting the exposed edge and the ramp does shot very smooth. I cannot compare to before as it had no plays, but shoots good as is now.

#15790 2 years ago

So what I did was take off the plastic to the right of the ramp, then unscrewed the ramp and moved it to the right and caught the original first factory hole and dropped a screw in there and then let the left screw make a new hole for its new location, and reinstalled right side plastics. The post is now inline with the left was side of the ramp to black any head on shots from hitting the exposed edge and the ramp does shot very smooth. I cannot compare to before as it had no plays, but shoots good as is now.

That sounds like it might doable even with my limited skill set.

I will give it a try. Thanks!!!

#15791 2 years ago

How do you know how many Meeseeks you've collected/need to start Meeseeks Mania MB?

Top Right on your screen will have your Meseeks Used Count.

It will tell you # used and/or number to reach next Meseeks Multiball.

#15792 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

[quoted image]

So what I did was take off the plastic to the right of the ramp, then unscrewed the ramp and moved it to the right and caught the original first factory hole and dropped a screw in there and then let the left screw make a new hole for its new location, and reinstalled right side plastics. The post is now inline with the left was side of the ramp to block any head on shots from hitting the exposed edge and the ramp does shot very smooth. I cannot compare to before as it had no plays, but shoots good as is now.

That ramp shot will definitely be better and more makeable after you make the adjustment.

Mine definitely improved.

The plastic next to it (Noob Noob) might be really tight after that and if it’s too tight you might have to take a dremmel to it.

#15793 2 years ago

Okay, had a reboot happen on the latest code.

IIRC this was the order leading to it:

Scoop into Scary Terry mode
2x spinner orbit lighting garage and into garage starting swamp dimension
Ball comes out of flipper trough and both flippers flipped themselves a few times right before the ball got to the left flipper
I flipped the ball (not sure where it hit) but I think it was right inner loop and Scary Terry starts to say something
Reboot.

#15794 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

That ramp shot will definitely be better and more makeable after you make the adjustment.

Mine definitely improved.

The plastic next to it (Noob Noob) might be really tight after that and if it’s too tight you might have to take a dremmel to it.

Just wanted to report back that it was pretty easy sliding the ramp over to the pre-drilled hole on the right and the noob noob plastic even fit back on without dremmeling, although it is a very very tight fit.

Ramp definitely shoots smoother and faster than before...so thank you all for encouraging me to make the adjustment!

#15795 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

both flippers flipped themselves a few times right before the ball got to the left flipper

This is some kind of hardware problem. There are no software commands to flip flippers without button closure.

#15796 2 years ago

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or schematic for R&M? I just noticed that my coin door leds are out and what to trace them back to their source to check voltage and I'm getting nothing at the coin door.

Thanks

#15797 2 years ago

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or schematic for R&M? I just noticed that my coin door leds are out and what to trace them back to their source to check voltage and I'm getting nothing at the coin door.
Thanks

Its Spooky Pinball !

We dont need no stinkin' manuals or schematics...

What do you expect for $9600.....

#15798 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is some kind of hardware problem. There are no software commands to flip flippers without button closure.

Okay I'll raise the hood and take a look. Only happened the one time so far.

#15799 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its Spooky Pinball !
We dont need no stinkin' manuals or schematics...
What do you expect for $9600.....

LOL, I found the power distribution board and check all the 5v connection there and there is 5v power there. So now to track down the led coin door lights, wonder if it goes to the boards up top and am I not getting power there now as well?

Oh I just love these mystery machines

** Edit ** Actually I'm assuming it would be using the 5v for the GI style lights on the coin door, could be wrong.

#15800 2 years ago

I'm thinking I have bigger issues going on. Can someone who is running the latest code please go into settings/coils and test the topper motor.

When I do this the motor barely spins, but in attract mode the topper runs fine. Due to low ceilings I cannot test it during game play as I have my back glass out right now and testing it on the PF glass.

Also I hear a power supply clicking every 5 secs maybe it's a switching power supply?? Not sure but is this normal as well?

Sorry about all the questions, first Spooky machine and no manual nor diagrams. It's like being a pro bowler and get handed a baseball glove and told to play center field lol.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
9,999 (OBO)
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/316?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.