(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 405.
#15601 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Got my first 5x skill shot for 3mil this eve.

That's what makes it so special. It will routinely kick you in the balls as you approach it but *every once in a while*....

It makes the good moments far more memorable... I think. Helps to be a bit of a masochist too.

#15602 2 years ago

Does this mean we are now going to see scorbit adds on the screen?

#15603 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I’m referring to these connectors circled in the photo.
[quoted image]

Ah, I see. In my machine those connectors are all holding on tight. Is there enough slack in the wires? A TINY dab of hot glue might be just the ticket, but I haven't tried that on mine.

#15604 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's what makes it so special. It will routinely kick you in the balls as you approach it but *every once in a while*....
It makes the good moments far more memorable... I think. Helps to be a bit of a masochist too.

Definitely helps to be a masochist. I've found it's very similar in pain and reward to roguelike video games. A lot of pain that is a good mix of "yeah that was me" and "godamn sling/post/ramp/loop that went straight out". And constantly changing short term goals which sometimes setup really amazing situations and point rewards.

I've only got room for one pin. I checked and have 880 games in the last 7mo, just me. The payoff from the game is honestly better now than when I started with it. I'm not a great player but the game will fix that (to an extent), getting better at it over time has been super rewarding (still not installed bushings) and is part of what keeps me coming back.

Edit: my game is set to: both left and right shots required for adventures >2 (can't remember if it's default), 0 stamps to start. I'm not seeing love potion for a long time.

#15605 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Ah, I see. In my machine those connectors are all holding on tight. Is there enough slack in the wires? A TINY dab of hot glue might be just the ticket, but I haven't tried that on mine.

Thanks! I will lift the table this weekend and ensure there is plenty of slack as well as use a small dab of hot glue. Thanks for the input!

#15606 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks! I will lift the table this weekend and ensure there is plenty of slack as well as use a small dab of hot glue. Thanks for the input!

First you may have to try to scrape off the hot glue Spooky *already* uses on those connectors. It just doesn't always hold. You'll find it used all over the place... both top and bottom LED readouts, connector to the screen in the head, etc.

First just try plugging in back in securely. Sometimes they've been shaken half loose from shipping so once you press them back in it may last for quite a while. I haven't had to re-glue my connector that got loose. Then again I'm not using the shaker... THAT may contribute to the issue also.

#15607 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

First you may have to try to scrape off the hot glue Spooky *already* uses on those connectors. It just doesn't always hold. You'll find it used all over the place... both top and bottom LED readouts, connector to the screen in the head, etc.
First just try plugging in back in securely. Sometimes they've been shaken half loose from shipping so once you press them back in it may last for quite a while. I haven't had to re-glue my connector that got loose. Then again I'm not using the shaker... THAT may contribute to the issue also.

Those particular connectors on my machine did not have any hot glue from the factory...so that settles it.

#15608 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Those particular connectors on my machine did not have any hot glue from the factory...so that settles it.

My underside looks like it was attacked by someone from the Arts and Crafts store. "Got me a new glue gun! Gotta glue gotta glue"

Stuff is a major PITA to remove unless there's a trick I don't know (quite possible).

Mine's 325. What # is yours? Would be strange if they quit doing it later in production. Probably does help during shipping and with the shaker enabled.

#15609 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

My underside looks like it was attacked by someone from the Arts and Crafts store. "Got me a new glue gun! Gotta glue gotta glue"
Stuff is a major PITA to remove unless there's a trick I don't know (quite possible).
Mine's 325. What # is yours? Would be strange if they quit doing it later in production. Probably does help during shipping and with the shaker enabled.

BSE #298

#15610 2 years ago

I am really happy to try this new option! Thanks for this.

Added: New setting to allow Antigravity while right flipper is on (may need larger fuse - use at own risk)

When Erik confirmed this was disabled due to over power consumption and popped fuses, I looked through the PROC datasheet and couldn't find it listed what the fuse value was for the driver board. It seems it is left up to the end application to decide what is needed to protect the components. From the PD16 datasheet: "Users should make sure to use a fuse with the proper current rating for their application"

@gstellenberg, can you comment on what the max current rating is for bankA of the PD16?

#15611 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am really happy to try this new option! Thanks for this.
Added: New setting to allow Antigravity while right flipper is on (may need larger fuse - use at own risk)
When Erik confirmed this was disabled due to over power consumption and popped fuses, I looked through the PROC datasheet and couldn't find it listed what the fuse value was for the driver board. It seems it is left up to the end application to decide what is needed to protect the components. From the PD16 datasheet: "Users should make sure to use a fuse with the proper current rating for their application"
gstellenberg, can you comment on what the max current rating is for bankA of the PD16?

Eric mentioned on Facebook to go to 5A on that fuse.

#15612 2 years ago

Thanks for adding the option for SFX during music modes!

#15613 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Newbie to R&M question. Can someone explain what this feature actually is or does. Thanks

#15614 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Newbie to R&M question. Can someone explain what this feature actually is or does. Thanks

That's your Magnasave on the right side. Up until now, you couldn't trap a ball on your right flipper, and use the magnasave at the same time because the power draw could blow a fuse, now that setting has been changed to allow you to turn that feature on, but do it at your own risk (with a larger fuse).

#15615 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's your Magnasave on the right side. Up until now, you couldn't trap a ball on your right flipper, and use the magnasave at the same time because the power draw could blow a fuse, now that setting has been changed to allow you to turn that feature on, but do it at your own risk (with a larger fuse).

Thank you. So I guess the bigger fuse the 5A should be a slow blow fuse like we use on other games with magnets.

#15616 2 years ago

FYI - I added that setting at Scott's request. I don't know what size fuse he'd recommend, or if he's even comfortable telling other people what size he would recommend.

#15617 2 years ago

When do you think new code will be on Spooky's website!

Thanks for the new goodies!

#15618 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

FYI - I added that setting at Scott's request. I don't know what size fuse he'd recommend, or if he's even comfortable telling other people what size he would recommend.

fuse (resized).jpgfuse (resized).jpg
#15619 2 years ago

Thanks Eric!!! Can you say if you are done coding new modes for R&M or if new ones are still possible?

#15620 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

My general guess would be lowest tolerance before blowing? I'm not sure what size fuse is in there now, but if someone had spare fuses, then try by .5A increments until you get one that doesn't blow? Caveat emptor.

#15621 2 years ago

When would you want to use the magnasave with a trapped ball on the right flipper? I guess this would be for a multiball situation?

Quoted from FatPanda:

#15622 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Thanks Eric!!! Can you say if you are done coding new modes for R&M or if new ones are still possible?

I can not.

#15623 2 years ago
350 (resized).png350 (resized).png
#15624 2 years ago

Hey epthegeek thanks for putting in all the awesome work. If you don't hear it enough, we appreciate it big time!

If I can possibly put in a request, please could you up the slam save from 2.5s to 3.0s. Still missing a bunch of saves due to there not being enough save time.

Also, Squanch please!!!!!!!

#15625 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When would you want to use the magnasave with a trapped ball on the right flipper? I guess this would be for a multiball situation?

Yes, for a MB situation when you have a ball trapped on the right side, but want to zap a ball playing in the right outlane area. I've run into this situation several times and wished I could have just pulsed a time or two to pop the ball back into play.

#15626 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Hey epthegeek thanks for putting in all the awesome work. If you don't hear it enough, we appreciate it big time!
If I can possibly put in a request, please could you up the slam save from 2.5s to 3.0s. Still missing a bunch of saves due to there not being enough save time.

I believe you can adjust the slam save time in the menu adjustments.

#15627 2 years ago

Hey guys, does anyone have an image of their R&M hard drive they can send to me? I wiped out my hard drive not realizing that Spooky's updated it's a "JJP Full" style update. I'm stuck. Thanks in advance!

#15628 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

When do you think new code will be on Spooky's website!
Thanks for the new goodies!

Second here, I tried to dl the file last night and no go for what ever reason. Look forward to giving this a run!

#15629 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yep exactly why I asked Gerry's to chime in on what the driver board can take. I am comfortable incrementing fuse values up to that number. Without extensive testing, I wouldn't expect Spooky to give any suggestion on this. I am just really happy that this option was added to experiment with.

#15630 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yep exactly why I asked Gerry's to chime in on what the driver board can take. I am comfortable incrementing fuse values up to that number. Without extensive testing, I wouldn't expect Spooky to give any suggestion on this. I am just really happy that this option was added to experiment with.

I'm pretty sure what the board 'can take' is much higher than would be recommended or needed in this use case. I'm also pretty sure we shouldn't bother Gerry with something a Spooky game is doing with his hardware.

#15631 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm pretty sure what the board 'can take' is much higher than would be recommended or needed in this use case. I'm also pretty sure we shouldn't bother Gerry with something a Spooky game is doing with his hardware.

Yeah it's a general question on capabilities of the PROC board, not Spooky related. Fair to say that the question should be asked directly an not necessarily in this thread's context. I am being sloppy with my terms to keep things from getting overly technical. I am comfortable in evaluating such things, but always easier to get the info straight from the vendor.

#15632 2 years ago

Update wiped my scores and settings... I think I remember seeing a post about how to save that stuff, but it’s to late for me..

Looks like I’m gonna have to put in some long hours to fill it back up

#15633 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Update wiped my scores and settings... I think I remember seeing a post about how to save that stuff, but it’s to late for me..
Looks like I’m gonna have to put in some long hours to fill it back up

When you update your machine, it automatically dumps your old settings and high scores onto the USB stick. If you pop that USB stick into a computer it will have an easily readable TXT file with high scores and audits.

#15634 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Update wiped my scores and settings...

What code version were you on before the update? I think if it is old enough it will not save settings or high scores. The last couple of updates, when I take my USB drive out after the update it has several files with the scores and settings to transfer them. Any chance these files are on your drive? Otherwise, you will get the pleasure of putting in your initials a BUNCH over the next few weeks. I have considered wiping mine to get that satisfaction more frequently

#15635 2 years ago

where do you download the update ? on https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/ I only see the 2021/05/18 update, but people are talking like there is a new update. thanks !

#15636 2 years ago

must be my computer, I opened on another browser and found the version ! same adress

#15637 2 years ago

I am enjoying it... other than most jerry

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

What code version were you on before the update? I think if it is old enough it will not save settings or high scores. The last couple of updates, when I take my USB drive out after the update it has several files with the scores and settings to transfer them. Any chance these files are on your drive? Otherwise, you will get the pleasure of putting in your initials a BUNCH over the next few weeks. I have considered wiping mine to get that satisfaction more frequently
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f8ada751b6c4be9c416f4a828979bf5e472a5148-1628718284-1800"};
//]]>

#15638 2 years ago

Oh! I totally skipped over this part of the release notes. I misread it as some kind of callout update;

Fixed: "my balls are stuck in the scoop, Morty!" is FIXED! HOORAY!

epthegeek Is this the ever allusive scoop no-op during MB issue?? That's fantastic!

#15639 2 years ago

I was on the May 18 code (my birthday btw)

I haven’t checked the card, to busy trying to fill up the scoreboard

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

#15640 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

I am enjoying it... other than most jerry

Deliberate draining during ballsavers is legit strategy. I think my "most jerry" is up to 18 now...

#15641 2 years ago

The point of the slam save is basically for it to have smashed straight down betwixt the flippers down into the trough. Its just the "lie of the green" ( to use an golf analogy) if it bounces around a bit and the timer goes out.

#15642 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Oh! I totally skipped over this part of the release notes. I misread it as some kind of callout update;
Fixed: "my balls are stuck in the scoop, Morty!" is FIXED! HOORAY!
epthegeek Is this the ever allusive scoop no-op during MB issue?? That's fantastic!

Yeah. The issue where the balls would go into the scoop and not eject and ball search wouldn’t happen. In the end, it was an issue that would occur if you completed the targets to light mystery during the awarding of a mystery, which is a very short window during multiball because it happens quickly, but it exists. Once I realized where it was going wrong, it was a simple fix. The game stacks mystery awards now, if you light a new one while the other one is happening.

#15643 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Deliberate draining during ballsavers is legit strategy. I think my "most jerry" is up to 18 now...

Any time I've gotten the "most jerry" I've also gotten other awards too. Most Jerry usually equates to a longer game but this is an interesting strategy. My neighbor and I have weekly competitions and we always call the loser the Jerry and that person has to take home the Jerry statue we 3d printed.

I really want to get the most jerry with nothing else, so I can put his dumb ass name in instead of mine.

#15644 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah. The issue where the balls would go into the scoop and not eject and ball search wouldn’t happen. In the end, it was an issue that would occur if you completed the targets to light mystery during the awarding of a mystery, which is a very short window during multiball because it happens quickly, but it exists. Once I realized where it was going wrong, it was a simple fix. The game stacks mystery awards now, if you light a new one while the other one is happening.

Excellent. Well done tracking that down.

Is the loss of callout bug still floating around?

#15645 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This happened to me for a second time just the other day.
Super excited you sourced and squashed it!

Of course it liked to happen when having a great game.

#15646 2 years ago

Lmao... I have done that exact thing! Makes for some good chirping when he’s over

Quoted from orlandu81:

Any time I've gotten the "most jerry" I've also gotten other awards too. Most Jerry usually equates to a longer game but this is an interesting strategy. My neighbor and I have weekly competitions and we always call the loser the Jerry and that person has to take home the Jerry statue we 3d printed.
I really want to get the most jerry with nothing else, so I can put his dumb ass name in instead of mine.

#15647 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Lmao... I have done that exact thing! Makes for some good chirping when he’s over

Luckily it’s never been in my house.

030EAF66-83CB-4E4E-8AE6-F59651A237CF (resized).jpeg030EAF66-83CB-4E4E-8AE6-F59651A237CF (resized).jpeg
#15648 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I believe you can adjust the slam save time in the menu adjustments.

Quoted from northerndude:

The point of the slam save is basically for it to have smashed straight down betwixt the flippers down into the trough. Its just the "lie of the green" ( to use an golf analogy) if it bounces around a bit and the timer goes out.

It seems the ball often hits off something, then rides back up the inlane, and back down, before it drains.

This whole thing can be about 3-4 seconds before it registers as a drained ball, thus, losing you the slam save you had.

#15649 2 years ago

For anyone who wanted the screen and controller who doesn't live in the US and can't get it in their country, I added an option for us to purchase it for you and include it as part of your order: https://pinballmods.co/rick-morty-lcd-upgrade-ips-bracket

This is only for folks living outside the US.

#15650 2 years ago

epthegeek this game is truly exceptional. We all want more missions, callouts, and dimensions but I have to say that coming out of the box and into this code has been a really great experience. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 13,500.00
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/313?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.