(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 405.
#15551 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How big of a bill cartridge are you using? You cannot use the 500 ones, and even the 300 ones are tight in some titles.

I guess I didn’t know there were smaller cartridges/stackers
Haven’t had any luck finding a smaller stacker

#15552 2 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

I guess I didn’t know there were smaller cartridges/stackers
Haven’t had any luck finding a smaller stacker

What model Mars upstacker are you using?

Ebay has a ton of 300 bill cartridges.

https://tinyurl.com/xe62667t

#15553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What model Mars upstacker are you using?
Ebay has a ton of 300 bill cartridges.
https://tinyurl.com/xe62667t

Ah that helps knowing there are
Smaller stackers, I’ll check model, looks like 300 is the smallest stacker. Would be good info from Spooky so I know what to order the first time.

#15554 2 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Anyone run a bill validator?????
I’ve tried more than one Mars/MEI with bill stacked and they all hit the playfield on the way in to close the door. Any help appreciated, reward if ya sell me one that fits/works and takes 1s and 5s

just cut a notch in the bill box. be careful to leave the spring intact.

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#15555 2 years ago

Anyone else think the latest R&M episode would be a perfect mode? The music for the episode fits in with danesi design @notrashcougar - particularly the battle at blood ridge.

#15556 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

He sells them. May not be ideal for him to give away his work.

I’ll gladly pay for design work. Didn’t realize he made a living this way. Not looking for handouts.

I’d even buy it as a complete kit if it was offered ~ harryhoudini

#15557 2 years ago

The 'kit' is available:

- Buy the screen and controller from Amazon that he linked to in his post
- Buy the mounting kit he also linked to on his site (it's 28 bucks)

That should be everything you need.

#15558 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Anyone else think the latest R&M episode would be a perfect mode? The music for the episode fits in with danesi design @notrashcougar - particularly the battle at blood ridge.

This was exactly my thoughts during the episode, the battle, finding the right memories, the great music; all amazing and would translate VERY well into a a mode.

Also, the GoTron Ferret episode would make an ideal mode, great and hilarious music, several to-be-classic call outs and above all a clear mission, assemble as MANY GoTron Ferrets as possible.

Gotron (resized).pngGotron (resized).png

#15559 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The 'kit' is available:
- Buy the screen and controller from Amazon that he linked to in his post
- Buy the mounting kit he also linked to on his site (it's 28 bucks)
That should be everything you need.

Done and done.

Was not aware the brackets were on his site.

#15560 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Done and done.
Was not aware the brackets were on his site.

Thanks!

Yeah, I checked in to seeing it there was any room for providing a kit especially with a discount over the individual pieces but the screens from wholesalers aren't much cheaper (especially after adding in shipping from China) plus timeline and such. Amazon is also great with returns. Seems the best way for everyone.

#15561 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Thanks!
Yeah, I checked in to seeing it there was any room for providing a kit especially with a discount over the individual pieces but the screens from wholesalers aren't much cheaper (especially after adding in shipping from China) plus timeline and such. Amazon is also great with returns. Seems the best way for everyone.

Yeah I'll be trying it out tonight and getting the brackets tomorrow. Unless I go duct tape . Nah

#15562 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This was exactly my thoughts during the episode, the battle, finding the right memories, the great music; all amazing and would translate VERY well into a a mode.
Also, the GoTron Ferret episode would make an ideal mode, great and hilarious music, several to-be-classic call outs and above all a clear mission, assemble as MANY GoTron Ferrets as possible.
[quoted image]

Lets be honest, R&M is the perfect theme for pinball and virtually every episode could be made into an adventure. Fingers crossed they do make more.

#15563 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah I'll be trying it out tonight and getting the brackets tomorrow. Unless I go duct tape . Nah

Blue painters tape! That's what I was using originally.

I had a request from someone outside the US who said they could not get the screen from Amazon in their country. If anyone else is having that issue let me know and I can grab a few screens and controllers to make a kit. I know the screens are on AliExpress if you want to order from there but I didn't find the exact controller so the holes wouldn't likely match up to the brackets. Send me a PM and we'll work it out.

Also had a request to replace the clear plastic that goes in front of the screen. I'm working on a template to get it cut in abrasion resistant acrylic (the stuff is amazing both optically and scratch resistance). I'll post about it when I get more info, probably not that cheap for a low qty run and don't even know if it will be any significant improvement but I'll test it out. Will take a few weeks to get a sample cut and shipped.

*Just checked, the abrasion resistant stuff is double the thickness.
**I ordered 5 pcs. Made a few design changes to weak/thin areas. I'm fairly confident in the fit but won't know until they get here.

#15564 2 years ago

Just got a cheapie 3d printer so I am learning how to print. I made these for my game I know they are not perfect as I am learning but I think they look pretty good.

0104B8A9-6FE2-4749-9CBA-A5FC70539E8C (resized).jpeg0104B8A9-6FE2-4749-9CBA-A5FC70539E8C (resized).jpeg0163E7D9-E81A-46E4-BC25-6AD812E7134A (resized).jpeg0163E7D9-E81A-46E4-BC25-6AD812E7134A (resized).jpeg4D15A759-FAA3-4D72-9572-0A8CF296AD98 (resized).jpeg4D15A759-FAA3-4D72-9572-0A8CF296AD98 (resized).jpeg878A7333-47D2-4282-BD62-40D8DF71AE2F (resized).jpeg878A7333-47D2-4282-BD62-40D8DF71AE2F (resized).jpegC1015B85-012F-47D3-8464-5ABBE848FF02 (resized).jpegC1015B85-012F-47D3-8464-5ABBE848FF02 (resized).jpegDE8F0762-8DFA-4070-A7D5-8E47A12719F4 (resized).jpegDE8F0762-8DFA-4070-A7D5-8E47A12719F4 (resized).jpeg
#15565 2 years ago

Time to put more ratings in. Look at the newest #1 and #2 game on Pinside!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15566 2 years ago

Here is the install video for the IPS screen upgrade. I think I covered everything, let me know if there are any questions.

#15567 2 years ago

They should add this song from ep 8.

#15568 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Time to put more ratings in. Look at the newest #1 and #2 game on Pinside!
[quoted image]

First of all, wow! Impressive! And it's not a new, shiny rating like Mandalorian. That just came out in May!

That said, here's some strategy. Note that apparently the game is given the highest score of all its variations for ranking purposes as the score for the game "group." In the case of R&M, this counterintuitively works in our favor. (Typically LEs have higher ratings, if I'm not mistaken.)

I say this because the Standard is at 9.046 but the BSE is inexplicably over half a point lower, at 8.478! Yet the game is listed as 9.046 overall.

Thus, if we are to enter more ratings in an attempt to stave off the haters or beat Mandy, we either have to put in enough higher ratings for BSE to raise it above the Standard's rating, or we need to enter more higher ratings on the Standard. The former would be hard to do, with it already having eight times the number of ratings entered...

So if you haven't rated the Standard, do so! Hell, it's not like you haven't played it, it's exactly the same game, just imagine the BSE in black and there ya go!

#15569 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Honest question.
Did Erik quit?
Wouldn’t blame him if he did.

Quoted from Manic:

Yeah three or four loudmouths ganged up on him and finally managed to piss him off. Sadly a typical forum occurrence.
Let's *hope* he is still working on R&M but...

Any time you all see someone like Erik getting bullied, report it…I’ll kick the offenders out of the thread. Erik is too valuable to lose to a few self entitled jerks. This is a club thread after all.

#15570 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any time you all see someone like Erik getting bullied, report it…I’ll kick the offenders out of the thread. Erik is too valuable to lose to a few self entitled jerks. This is a club thread after all.

This thread has always been overwhelmingly positive but at one point I noticed the mood soured and got real tense (don't want to use the trendy word "toxic"). People were frustrated with their flippers and then EP got frustrated and left (thankfully not forever).

This upset me to see so maybe I was a little hyperbolic in my description of the event... maybe. Certainly wouldn't describe it as "bullying" though.

Just didn't want to lose the guy! He's turned this game into something beyond special (to us fans anyway).

#15571 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

First of all, wow! Impressive! And it's not a new, shiny rating like Mandalorian. That just came out in May!
That said, here's some strategy. Note that apparently the game is given the highest score of all its variations for ranking purposes as the score for the game "group." In the case of R&M, this counterintuitively works in our favor. (Typically LEs have higher ratings, if I'm not mistaken.)
I say this because the Standard is at 9.046 but the BSE is inexplicably over half a point lower, at 8.478! Yet the game is listed as 9.046 overall.
Thus, if we are to enter more ratings in an attempt to stave off the haters or beat Mandy, we either have to put in enough higher ratings for BSE to raise it above the Standard's rating, or we need to enter more higher ratings on the Standard. The former would be hard to do, with it already having eight times the number of ratings entered...
So if you haven't rated the Standard, do so! Hell, it's not like you haven't played it, it's exactly the same game, just imagine the BSE in black and there ya go!

Man I appreciate your point (for those that really care about these things) but now if it takes the lead people will point to your post as evidence of voting "shenanigans" and claim it didn't earn its spot.

You should have simply taken the time to PM every single person in this thread

#15572 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

They should add this song from ep 8.

Nice change to have some saxophone in a pin

#15573 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Just didn't want to lose the guy! He's turned this game into something beyond special (to us fans anyway).

He really did. Erik has was it takes to be the next Lyman in this hobby if he wants to be. What he did for R&M - making it one of the best coded games in pinball - was truly phenomenal.

I’m hoping we get a slut dragon wizard mode still, but even if we do not this games code is incredible.

#15574 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

hoping we get a slut dragon wizard mode

Slut Dragon Wizard Mode would be the best thing ever! I need that mode ASAP

You could plan and attack the wizard from the slut caves:
slut dragons (resized).jpgslut dragons (resized).jpg

Then the pinacle of the mode is a 5 ball multi-ball called the "Slut Dragon Orgy Multiball"
SLut Dragon Orgy (resized).jpegSLut Dragon Orgy (resized).jpeg

#15575 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Just got a cheapie 3d printer so I am learning how to print. I made these for my game I know they are not perfect as I am learning but I think they look pretty good.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mr. Poopy butthole on the railing is the best one.

#15576 2 years ago

I wonder if they had any open ended rights to do season 5 and beyond. (erik had already said he wasn't at liberty to say). Moonmen was from 4 right? Have a feeling it's going to depend on if any other episodes inspire him for a mode before even getting to the licensing part.

#15577 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wonder if they had any open ended rights to do season 5 and beyond. (erik had already said he wasn't at liberty to say). Moonmen was from 4 right? Have a feeling it's going to depend on if any other episodes inspire him for a mode before even getting to the licensing part.

All the adventures are from seasons 1-3. The only season 4 content is audio clips, gag mystery awards, and artwork.

#15579 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I tjink the head figure on the back panel is just perfect.

#15580 2 years ago

I've read through the key posts and didn't see an official sticky for the consensus on dealing with LED connectors coming loose from all the vibrations. In particular, the multiplier bulbs and a couple of the adventure card bulbs come loose every dozen games or so.

Is hot glue the answer for this? If so, I imagine any cheap one like this will do?

https://www.amazon.com/Sticks-Removable-Gun%EF%BC%8CGlue-Projects-Repairs/dp/B095C32T5C/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#15581 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I've read through the key posts and didn't see an official sticky for the consensus on dealing with LED wires coming loose from all the vibrations. In particular, the multiplier bulbs and a couple of the adventure card bulbs come loose every dozen games or so.
Is hot glue the answer for this? If so, I imagine any cheap one like this will do?
amazon.com link »

If you mean the ribbon cables then yes, hot glue is probably the best fix. In my experience any cheap gun/glue should be fine for this sort of plastic to plastic connection.

#15582 2 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

If you mean the ribbon cables then yes, hot glue is probably the best fix. In my experience any cheap gun/glue should be fine for this sort of plastic to plastic connection.

I’m referring to these connectors circled in the photo.

C08E8B70-91BB-418F-9AED-867B9E884481 (resized).jpegC08E8B70-91BB-418F-9AED-867B9E884481 (resized).jpeg
#15583 2 years ago

It's so quiet when everyone is downloading the new code....

#15584 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Is there a new code version?

#15587 2 years ago

EP's ears must have been burning

#15588 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

OMG that's indeed a creepy printer

#15589 2 years ago

Added: Snuck in a few unused callouts we had laying around.

AWESOME

#15590 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thanks for alerting us to this update , installed and running already. Unfortunately no new modes, but some new call outs and bug fixes for the win!

#15591 2 years ago

And another one today.

09BC147B-2965-4DA0-B7CE-3115525B1514 (resized).jpeg09BC147B-2965-4DA0-B7CE-3115525B1514 (resized).jpeg
#15592 2 years ago
#15593 2 years ago

I frequently get callouts to “get to the car” and “get to the ship”, when there is nothing redeemable at the scoop.

Are these referring to something else?

#15594 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I frequently get callouts to “get to the car” and “get to the ship”, when there is nothing redeemable at the scoop.

Lock shots for multiball.

#15595 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

The Rick and Morty drop targets, horseshoe shots.

#15596 2 years ago

Scorbit -awesome! Now how do we get it going? epthegeek I presume we'll need a Wi-Fi dongle of some type, any recommended ones? I've tried connecting the Ethernet port on the PC motherboard to my network, and while I'm getting link and activity lights, I'm not seeing a DHCP address assigned. I also can't find any references to network setup or Scorbit in the menus.

Ah - edit - Scorbit support might just mean with the add-in board from Scorbit themselves. Would be good if we could get it inbuilt in the machine through Wi-Fi like JJP has done with their machines.

#15597 2 years ago

Got my first 5x skill shot for 3mil this eve.

#15598 2 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

Scorebit -awesome! Now how do we get it going? epthegeek I presume we'll need a Wi-Fi dongle of some type, any recommended ones? I've tried connecting the Ethernet port on the PC motherboard to my network, and while I'm getting link and activity lights, I'm not seeing a DHCP address assigned. I also can't find any references to network setup or Scorebit in the menus.

https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

#15599 2 years ago

Yeah, just realised it's probably through a Scorbitron rather than inbuilt.

#15600 2 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

Yeah, just realised it's probably through a Scorbitron rather than inbuilt.

Ah...I was hoping it was like JJP as well, and just needed a dongle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 13,500.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/312?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.