(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 405.
#15501 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I would sell my standard for 20k.

I guess I would let my BSE go for $18,995....

#15502 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I would sell my standard for 20k.

I would sell my NIB (unopened) BSE for a lot less...

#15503 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Standards (or as I prefer to think of them, Space Black Edition (SBE)'s...) are WAAAAY rarer

Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would sell my NIB (unopened) BSE for a lot less...

THAT'S NOT HOW PINFLATION WORKS MORTY

#15504 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

What's the story of where it came from. I was wondering if there would be any outside the 750 numbered edition # TEAM !

Mine falls in the Prototype/Spooky Teams category, yes outside the 750... It was one of a couple that were supposed to be sent to all the shows over the past year and a half...but we all know how that story ended up. So with no shows these were sold off, NIB...and that's where I came into the story. It has all the original issues but came with some pinball life gear to fix them. Still need to fix the flippers and tweak the shots.

#15505 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Mine falls in the Prototype/Spooky Teams category, yes outside the 750... It was one of a couple that were supposed to be sent to all the shows over the past year and a half...but we all know how that story ended up. So with no shows these were sold off, NIB...and that's where I came into the story. It has all the original issues but came with some pinball life gear to fix them. Still need to fix the flippers and tweak the shots.

Thats kinda cool.

#15506 2 years ago

Installed two new mods , DIY-Coil-Cooler and the new Leaf switches which scoot D. recommended.

The game feels much better now!

IMG_20210806_210540 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_210540 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_210625 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_210625 (resized).jpg
#15507 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

new Leaf switches

I ordered some, I assume installation was simple. Any clearance issues, the space on the right side is very tight, but I imagine these are similar size. I definitely noticed the major difference in flipper buttons feel compared to all my other pins.

#15508 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I ordered some, I assume installation was simple. Any clearance issues, the space on the right side is very tight, but I imagine these are similar size. I definitely noticed the major difference in flipper buttons feel compared to all my other pins.

It's better and a Game changer but i Had to Cut a Bit from my Button to fit it

#15509 2 years ago

Has anyone seen a demo video how to install the replacement Mag switches in Rick and Morty. I am looking for a demo I go forth trying it.

#15510 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

It's better and a Game changer but i Had to Cut a Bit from my Button to fit it

Can you elaborate on how it's a game changer? This is the leaf switch for the flippers right? I've never noticed them being a problem but will definitely upgrade if they help the game feel better. Thanks!

#15511 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Is this what you ordered for the right flipper?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html

Quoted from dferg24:

Can you elaborate on how it's a game changer? This is the leaf switch for the flippers right? I've never noticed them being a problem but will definitely upgrade if they help the game feel better. Thanks!

R&M flippers feel a bit cheap and soft compared other flippers due to the fact that Spooky used switches without tension blades.

If you look at any other game, even my TNA, you will see that the switches all have an extra blade for tension. That gives you a more responsive feel to the flipper.

See the link above, and you'll notice right away what your current switches are missing.

I haven't installed mine yet (too lazy) but I plan to soon.

#15512 2 years ago

Yay, new screen arrived and got it all to fit. Working on some brackets now and I'll post up the details.

Untitled-3 (resized).jpgUntitled-3 (resized).jpg
#15513 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yay, new screen arrived and got it all to fit. Working on some brackets now and I'll post up the details. [quoted image]

Awesome buddy! Try it in a pitch black room and see how the blacks hold up... can't wait to hear about it (and then grab your pre-tested choices on Amazon

#15514 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Awesome buddy! Try it in a pitch black room and see how the blacks hold up... can't wait to hear about it (and then grab your pre-tested choices on Amazon

I'm going to start watching TV on this thing..

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15515 2 years ago

I'm going to start watching TV on this thing.. [quoted image]

Fill us in, where did you get it? Does it lose some of that gray at higher viewing angles?

#15516 2 years ago

I'm going to start watching TV on this thing.. [quoted image]

Quit the torture dude! lol. Just spill your guts on every minute detail. We're a demanding bunch here!

#15517 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Fill us in, where did you get it? Does it lose some of that gray at higher viewing angles?

Looks pretty much the same from all angles. Deep black. I haven't touched the settings at all and it still has the protective plastic on it.

Quoted from Manic:

Quit the torture dude! lol. Just spill your guts on every minute detail. We're a demanding bunch here!

I didn't want to go telling people to buy as I just tossed it in there and hadn't done much testing since I just had it taped in place. It's all apart now as I'm printing brackets to get it to actually mount in there since it can't use the stock screen mount. It also needs a bracket to hold the controller PCB and it's keypad. I'll mess around with it this weekend and make a video on install if I get it all done.

Also, I noticed that it detected the resolution lower than what the screen and controller can handle so I wanted to check in to that before calling it good. I have a few other controllers I ordered that I can compare to and see if it is a limitation on the game hardware/software or a setting which we can't easily access/modify. Not that it needs more resolution but it's a 1920x1080 screen so might as well try to get that if it can.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15518 2 years ago

Looks pretty much the same from all angles. Deep black. I haven't touched the settings at all and it still has the protective plastic on it.

I didn't want to go telling people to buy as I just tossed it in there and hadn't done much testing since I just had it taped in place. It's all apart now as I'm printing brackets to get it to actually mount in there since it can't use the stock screen mount. It also needs a bracket to hold the controller PCB and it's keypad. I'll mess around with it this weekend and make a video on install if I get it all done.
Also, I noticed that it detected the resolution lower than what the screen and controller can handle so I wanted to check in to that before calling it good. I have a few other controllers I ordered that I can compare to and see if it is a limitation on the game hardware/software or a setting which we can't easily access/modify. Not that it needs more resolution but it's a 1920x1080 screen so might as well try to get that if it can.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok now THAT'S an update. Appreciate it. You're right about the resolution so I can be calm now. Still pretty excited though

Usually little things that bug me but few others aren't going to get "fixed" but with you on the case I'm finally hopeful. Plus you've got the 3d printer and the know-how for the brackets ... AND... my gameplay on this beast has finally improved. Only took forever. Whole lotta cursing for the first few months. Glad my kids weren't around.

#15519 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Installed two new mods , DIY-Coil-Cooler and the new Leaf switches which scoot D. recommended.
The game feels much better now!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok 'fess up! Where did you get Scary Terry? ...and what is that frightening thing over the scoop?

#15520 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Ok 'fess up! Where did you get Scary Terry? ...and what is that frightening thing over the scoop?

Had found one in "ebay-kleinanzeigen" (e.g Craigslist) local and the scoop Thing is a Gromflomite Leg. Only for testing and fitting.

#15521 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

We have a pickle Rick and scary Terry figures coming soon to our store.

#15522 2 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Call me crazy, but I would legit pass if someone offered me that for my game.

#15523 2 years ago

Here you can find pickle Rick for about $10

https://www.amazon.com/-/us/dp/0762494344/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

If you Google for scary Terry you will find him for about $ 30-50...

#15524 2 years ago

I think spooky uses 1366x768 for the resolution for this game. It’s set in the os level so you can’t change it. This is to decrease the GPu requirement and processing required if I recall. You won’t see much improvement at the higher res with this framework so it’s not necessary to use the full HD . Other games use this resolution too with the framework.

Also, I noticed that it detected the resolution lower than what the screen and controller can handle so I wanted to check in to that before calling it good. I have a few other controllers I ordered that I can compare to and see if it is a limitation on the game hardware/software or a setting which we can't easily access/modify. Not that it needs more resolution but it's a 1920x1080 screen so might as well try to get that if it can.

#15526 2 years ago

Stupid Question: What OS is this machine running? I'm embarrassed to say I haven't got a clue.

#15527 2 years ago

It's a custom Linux distribution

#15528 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think spooky uses 1366x768 for the resolution for this game. It’s set in the os level so you can’t change it. This is to decrease the GPu requirement and processing required if I recall. You won’t see much improvement at the higher res with this framework so it’s not necessary to use the full HD . Other games use this resolution too with the framework.

Thanks, good to know. It's detecting as 1280x720. Eric says 720p so that checks out. The other boards I bought won't work out anyhow due to subtle differences (mini-HDMI, usb-C power, etc) so the one I have is the best one I've found easily available.

#15529 2 years ago

Thanks, good to know. It's detecting as 1280x720. Eric says 720p so that checks out. The other boards I bought won't work out anyhow due to subtle differences (mini-HDMI, usb-C power, etc) so the one I have is the best one I've found easily available.

Can’t wait for a parts list… thanks for doing this!

#15530 2 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi all- having an issue where the pop bumper has gradually stopped working after a bunch of games. A really hard shot to it might activate it but most balls just “thud” off of it. I know the nuts have not fallen off and I’m guessing it’s something with the spoon in the bumper mech. Just curious as to what others have done to remedy this. Thanks

This happens to me a lot as well. Some games it works fine, other games it doesn't register at all. Just THUDs, like you said.

#15531 2 years ago

Check your switch gap and while in there I would throughly clean the switch, and spoon.

#15532 2 years ago

Finally, as of today, I have no queue for R&M rollovers - you guys wore me out...but thank you...

Don't forget we do custom solutions as well - this was the very latest - a whole TOTAN MRS conversion - if you can believe it!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mrs-your-entire-pin-#post-6429460

Although one of your own here in the R&M club did swap out ALL of his rollovers recently....there were more than the usual 4 that folks typically purchase....

Matt
M&M Creations

#15533 2 years ago

Here are the details for the IPS LCD upgrade.

This is the screen and controller I purchased. You can use a similar 15.6" IPS LCD screen as long as it has a 30 pin connector and does not have the border along the bottom that most do. The plug must be within the borders of the screen and not sit below it or it will not fit. The similar part number is NV156FHM-N4H. They are available from AliExpress but the end cost isn't much less and shipping time made (as well as return policy) Amazon a no brainer for me. As far as the controller board, again a similar board will work as long as it supports HDMI input, 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS with a 30 pin connector and 12v power. I ordered several different options from Amazon and this was one of the few which met all those needs.

15.6" IPS LCD Screen Replacement: https://amzn.to/3itT4dS
HDMI LCD Controller Board: https://amzn.to/3jCR2rv

I created the mounting brackets and PCB support for the screen and controller linked above if you want to make it a plug and play install. It makes it a pretty easy swap. The original mounting frame can't be used to mount the new panel and controller. I'll make an install video which uses these brackets but will show you how to do the swap even if you're making your own or just taping the screen in place

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/rick-morty-lcd-upgrade-ips-bracket

I tried to give a comparison shot. It's really worth the upgrade IMHO.

Screen (resized).jpgScreen (resized).jpgcompare (resized).jpgcompare (resized).jpg3D (resized).jpg3D (resized).jpg
#15534 2 years ago

I will say, my screen looks NOTHING like what you show there (on the right).

#15535 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It was the best I had since I didn't bother taking a specific before pic. Can you post what you have from the side angle or from very high or low?

#15536 2 years ago

It was the best I had since I didn't bother taking a specific before pic. Can you post what you have from the side angle or from very high or low?

My original screen looks more like the upgrade, but pics are generally hard to capture screens. Maybe when you have time, some shots above the 6ft playing height would be helpful.

#15537 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

My original screen looks more like the upgrade, but pics are generally hard to capture screens. Maybe when you have time, some shots above the 6ft playing height would be helpful.

I posted shots from multiple angles several posts back. It looks the same from all angles.

#15538 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Same here but remember everyones screens are in different dimensions!

#15539 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Mine is all good. I just turned the brightness down.

#15540 2 years ago

I posted shots from multiple angles several posts back. It looks the same from all angles.

Oh, I missed that. It actually looked better from up high in your pics, strangely. Will take your word for it! I’m pretty happy with the adjustments to the original screen right now, but if I decide to get crazy may do the swap. Thanks!

#15541 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Oh, I missed that. It actually looked better from up high in your pics, strangely. Will take your word for it! I’m pretty happy with the adjustments to the original screen right now, but if I decide to get crazy may do the swap. Thanks!

It's really not necessary for sure. Definitely in the "extra" category. I've changed out chrome locks for black on my JJP games because... extra.

#15542 2 years ago

Up and down yes there is some flux, but it actually gets darker, not lighter. But i have it dialed in for me since I'm going to be playing it 99% of the time.

I don't care about left or right...

#15543 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Up and down yes there is some flux, but it actually gets darker, not lighter. But i have it dialed in for me since I'm going to be playing it 99% of the time.
I don't care about left or right...

In a dark room with the contrast to 100 and the brightness to zero the blacks can get pretty grey for me. Now if I drop down 3 inches or so THEN they are nice and black. So it's a viewing angle thing that bugs me.
A good indicator is the final screen of the game before the match animations. It's just a small Morty badge on an all-black (grey for me at full height) screen.

Maybe most people don't play in pitch darkness or are a touch shorter... I know in a decently lighted room I wouldn't have an issue. But I like the light show in the dark so... I'm going to try the swap.

#15544 2 years ago

Swap, don’t swap. It’s not a competition. Do what looks best to you. The next guy may do different. Choices are good. I personally, have it dialed in for me.

#15545 2 years ago

Here’s the stock screen from a 6’5” view.

Blech!

The blacks start to match the Galaxian Purple, haha!

4358BD90-4B80-4B0C-AF4B-5703C6C882DB (resized).jpeg4358BD90-4B80-4B0C-AF4B-5703C6C882DB (resized).jpeg

#15546 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Here’s the stock screen from a 6’5” view.
Blech!
[quoted image]

6'5"... damn you've got it worse than me or most everyone else. This may be the only time you wished you were shorter

I'm just glad there are options... if I hadn't grown so fond of this game I probably wouldn't bother.

#15547 2 years ago

Here are the details for the IPS LCD upgrade.
This is the screen and controller I purchased. You can use a similar 15.6" IPS LCD screen as long as it has a 30 pin connector and does not have the border along the bottom that most do. The plug must be within the borders of the screen and not sit below it or it will not fit. The similar part number is NV156FHM-N4H. They are available from AliExpress but the end cost isn't much less and shipping time made (as well as return policy) Amazon a no brainer for me. As far as the controller board, again a similar board will work as long as it supports HDMI input, 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS with a 30 pin connector and 12v power. I ordered several different options from Amazon and this was one of the few which met all those needs.
15.6" IPS LCD Screen Replacement: https://amzn.to/3itT4dS
HDMI LCD Controller Board: https://amzn.to/3jCR2rv
I created the mounting brackets and PCB support for the screen and controller linked above if you want to make it a plug and play install. It makes it a pretty easy swap. The original mounting frame can't be used to mount the new panel and controller. I'll make an install video which uses these brackets but will show you how to do the swap even if you're making your own or just taping the screen in place
https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/rick-morty-lcd-upgrade-ips-bracket
I tried to give a comparison shot. It's really worth the upgrade IMHO. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you publish the maker files for 3D printing the brackets, please?

#15548 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Can you publish the maker files for 3D printing the brackets, please?

He sells them. May not be ideal for him to give away his work.

#15549 2 years ago

Anyone run a bill validator?????
I’ve tried more than one Mars/MEI with bill stacked and they all hit the playfield on the way in to close the door. Any help appreciated, reward if ya sell me one that fits/works and takes 1s and 5s

#15550 2 years ago
Quoted from Brich:

Anyone run a bill validator?????
I’ve tried more than one Mars/MEI with bill stacked and they all hit the playfield on the way in to close the door. Any help appreciated, reward if ya sell me one that fits/works and takes 1s and 5s

How big of a bill cartridge are you using? You cannot use the 500 ones, and even the 300 ones are tight in some titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 13,500.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 311 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/311?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.