(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 405.
#15401 2 years ago

Got an interesting local pinball story involving R&M. It's a bit of testament to what's happening in our local market lately with a plethora of bored overly cashed up newcomers turning up. A guy pops up on FB yesterday saying he's new to pinball and selling his R&M after two weeks. This guy paid OTT for one here ($13K) having never played one as his first ever machine along side a JP2. He doesn't even understand enough to know if it has the recommended tweaks(nor brave enough to even look into it), only that it has latest software. Meanwhile he quotes he (and his family) can't deal with the left pop bumper and doesn't like it as much as DP, IM, or TWD, all of which he has played and could have bought instead. Had to state the painfully obvious to this guy that you simply can't compare the way those Stern titles play in terms of flow etc compared to a Spooky like R&M. I noted it was definitely a game more suited to enthusiasts and getting to play it or even (to a much lesser degree) watch a fair amount of gameplay would have saved him buying one. Just one of those stories I wanted to share.

#15402 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Had to state the painfully obvious to this guy that you simply can't compare the way those Stern titles play in terms of flow etc

Jackpot Boxes.

#15403 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

What's the story of where it came from. I was wondering if there would be any outside the 750 numbered edition # TEAM !

5A77076C-3DD7-4707-8184-460D279F6708.gif5A77076C-3DD7-4707-8184-460D279F6708.gif

#15404 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Just joined the club! My first NIB!!!
[quoted image]

Quoted from ripple:

What's the story of where it came from. I was wondering if there would be any outside the 750 numbered edition # TEAM !

+1

#15405 2 years ago

750*

#15406 2 years ago

Please for the love of god let there be more content coming to this game. This game is so fun and such a ball buster it deserves more attention, never have I had such shitty games and had so much fun along the way anyway. If we need to pool private funds together to motivate everybody involved to spend more attention on this special creation then so be it. I had to do my fair share of tweaks like everybody to get it playing better but man this game is special. Maybe the license restricts future content but hoping that's not the case. Thanks to Spooky and everyone involved for such a great game, let's make it the best ever!!!

#15407 2 years ago

Got an interesting local pinball story involving R&M. It's a bit of testament to what's happening in our local market lately with a plethora of bored overly cashed up newcomers turning up. A guy pops up on FB yesterday saying he's new to pinball and selling his R&M after two weeks. This guy paid OTT for one here ($13K) having never played one as his first ever machine along side a JP2. He doesn't even understand enough to know if it has the recommended tweaks(nor brave enough to even look into it), only that it has latest software. Meanwhile he quotes he (and his family) can't deal with the left pop bumper and doesn't like it as much as DP, IM, or TWD, all of which he has played and could have bought instead. Had to state the painfully obvious to this guy that you simply can't compare the way those Stern titles play in terms of flow etc compared to a Spooky like R&M. I noted it was definitely a game more suited to enthusiasts and getting to play it or even (to a much lesser degree) watch a fair amount of gameplay would have saved him buying one. Just one of those stories I wanted to share.

He should have played Iron Man first and if he loved it, chances are he would love this game!

#15408 2 years ago

Hey Everyone,
For you swapping out your right side stacked flipper switch, do not use the Williams high voltage one (SW-1010A-13), it will not work well, if much at all. That is meant for high current and has a bit too much resistance for the low voltage switch logic used in R&M.

Use this instead:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html

That is the same flipper switch as what is on TNA. Just cut off the capacitors.

--Scott

#15409 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Please for the love of god let there be more content coming to this game. This game is so fun and such a ball buster it deserves more attention, never have I had such shitty games and had so much fun along the way anyway. If we need to pool private funds together to motivate everybody involved to spend more attention on this special creation then so be it. I had to do my fair share of tweaks like everybody to get it playing better but man this game is special. Maybe the license restricts future content but hoping that's not the case. Thanks to Spooky and everyone involved for such a great game, let's make it the best ever!!!

Now don’t hold me to this but this is what I was just told from someone in the hobby.

There are two additional modes that are scheduled to drop in the next release, they are currently in review and pending approval from the license holder that was under contract I believe.

However after that it’s an unknown as the cartoon network I believe sold the rights for R&M to the Warner Brothers network so we have no idea where it will go from there as permissions maybe required again.

We shall see.

#15410 2 years ago

Cartoon Network / Adult Swim are owned by WB which is owned by AT&T. That's also why they make an appearance in Space Jam.

#15411 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Cartoon Network / Adult Swim are owned by WB which is owned by AT&T. That's also why they make an appearance in Space Jam.

Did one just acquire the other or something like that? I might not have stated it correctly but that is what was told to me the rights were passed from one to the other and this update that should be coming was still authorized under the previous I guess but left the future unknown about any additional content at this time.

As I just bought a R&M I did ask about code support and was informed of that, who knows with all the secrecy in the hobby now a days.

#15412 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did one just acquire the other or something like that? I might not have stated it correctly but that is what was told to me the rights were passed from one to the other and this update that should be coming was still authorized under the previous I guess but left the future unknown about any additional content at this time.
As I just bought a R&M I did ask about code support and was informed of that, who knows with all the secrecy in the hobby now a days.

Looks like they've owned it since 1994. Maybe somewhere in the AT&T portion it's changed hands or something. Can't really see anything that says it did though.

Supposedly they already contracted it for another 5 seasons as well.

#15413 2 years ago

So hopefully the good thing is we at least have two more modes that will be getting added. If the rights part is true or semi true I'm sure Spooky maybe working with the new holders to add some additional content at some point unless the game code is near complete which I have no clue as I haven't played one long enough.

#15414 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey Everyone,
For you swapping out your right side stacked flipper switch, do not use the Williams high voltage one (SW-1010A-13), it will not work well, if much at all. That is meant for high current and has a bit too much resistance for the low voltage switch logic used in R&M.
Use this instead:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html
That is the same flipper switch as what is on TNA. Just cut off the capacitors.
--Scott

Can someone make this a key post for future reference?

Scott - I'm assuming that the Stern single contact switch would be for the left side then?

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

#15415 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can someone make this a key post for future reference?
Scott - I'm assuming that the Stern single contact switch would be for the left side then?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

Correct.

#15416 2 years ago

So hopefully the good thing is we at least have two more modes that will be getting added. If the rights part is true or semi true I'm sure Spooky maybe working with the new holders to add some additional content at some point unless the game code is near complete which I have no clue as I haven't played one long enough.

After seeing the line for Rick and Morty at Allentown in person, Spooky is going to add more features to the game to make it even better and even more desirable? Wow...

#15417 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

After seeing the line for Rick and Morty at Allentown in person, Spooky is going to add more features to the game to make it even better and even more desirable? Wow...

I liked what I seen and if he does it's just more icing on the cake

#15418 2 years ago

There are two additional modes that are scheduled to drop in the next release,

Regardless of what they have developed, the two new modes NEED to be: Giant Sperm/Incest Space Baby and Turkey Time!

#15419 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

xfassa made the Crystal Mods.

Thank you for posting, I was in luck and able to grab one from him.

#15420 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Just joined the club! My first NIB!!!
[quoted image]

Awesome

#15421 2 years ago

IPS panel installed and it looks AMAZING! Not sure if you can tell from this image. Definitely some issues to work out with the install, the first being that it only fits rotated 180 degrees. There is no option in the controller I bought to rotate the image. I am looking to see if that is an option with any controller.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15422 2 years ago

Did you mean ¡פNIZ∀W∀ sʞool ʇᴉ puɐ pǝllɐʇsuᴉ lǝuɐd SԀI ?

#15423 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Did you mean ¡פNIZ∀W∀ sʞool ʇᴉ puɐ pǝllɐʇsuᴉ lǝuɐd SԀI ?

I'm almost willing to just keep it upside down that's how good it looks.

#15424 2 years ago

Touche'! But in all seriousness, there probably are controllers that could offer a rotate option, as certain (albeit rare) laptops could do this even before "2 in 1" and tablet models made it common. That said, I don't know anything about sourcing them directly. And it's likely more a function of software as opposed to the hardware.

#15425 2 years ago

Touche'! But in all seriousness, there probably are controllers that could offer a rotate option, as certain (albeit rare) laptops could do this even before "2 in 1" and tablet models made it common. That said, I don't know anything about sourcing them directly. And it's likely more a function of software as opposed to the hardware.

I've reached out to some vendors. They all list their controller specs similarly and without any detail on what options the OSD has. I would also guess that could be an option in some of these. I'm going to grab a few different looking ones off Amazon to see what the OSD is like and if they have different options/firmware.

#15426 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

IPS panel installed and it looks AMAZING! Not sure if you can tell from this image. Definitely some issues to work out with the install, the first being that it only fits rotated 180 degrees. There is no option in the controller I bought to rotate the image. I am looking to see if that is an option with any controller.
[quoted image]

I like it, adds challenge...

#15427 2 years ago

Yeah, it might be in the secret sauce a "premium" upfitter attaches to the same OEM hardware panel. Citing the laptop example, I once had a Dell (pre-2010) with a crappy Intel display chipset & driver which for some reason had a "hotkey" to rotate the display. I only discovered this when I accidentally did so, leading to fun times trying to figure out WTF happened. It was easy enough to change at whim (but why?) once you knew about it, but a later firmware/driver update removed that "feature".

#15428 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I like it, adds challenge...

LOL..it would barely register with me as I rarely look at it.

#15429 2 years ago

Yeah, it might be in the secret sauce a "premium" upfitter attaches to the same OEM hardware panel. Going back to the laptop example, I once had a Dell laptop (pre-2010) with a crappy Intel display driver which for some reason had a "hotkey" to rotate the display. I only discovered this when I accidentally did that, leading to a fun time trying to figure out WTF happened - it was easy enough to change on a whim (but why?) once you knew about this. But a later firmware/driver update removed the "feature".

That was actually a function of windows...only most people only discovered it by accident, including me...used to screw with people with it.

#15430 2 years ago

I don't have the machine yet but are there any functions in the game settings or utilities menus for video or monitor?

#15431 2 years ago

[quoted image]

This would be a pretty cool dimension modifier

#15432 2 years ago

I don't have the machine yet but are there any functions in the game settings or utilities menus for video or monitor?

I doubt it but I'll look. I'll also look at the mobo settings on the odd chance that it has something.

#15433 2 years ago

I doubt it but I'll look. I'll also look at the mobo settings on the odd chance that it has something.

Damn dude... so close. But upside down

Does it seem to eliminate the grays and improve the viewing angle? I assume so but tell me more!

#15434 2 years ago

I know this is a wacky way out there technologically unfeasable idea, but you could maybe, flip the screen.

/s i think...

#15435 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:Damn dude... so close. But upside down
Does it seem to eliminate the grays and improve the viewing angle? I assume so but tell me more!

Blacks are black from most any angle. Viewing is clear for any height player. Here are shots from the glass, my height and Lurch.

20210803_181849 (resized).jpg20210803_181849 (resized).jpg20210803_181847 (resized).jpg20210803_181847 (resized).jpg20210803_181841 (resized).jpg20210803_181841 (resized).jpg
#15436 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was actually a function of windows...only most people only discovered it by accident, including me...used to screw with people with it.

No, it was the crappy intel driver. Only worked with that driver as it was a feature Intel offered with that chipset. It was definitely not built into Windows.

CTL-ALT-UPARROW - instant upside down.

#15437 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No, it was the crappy intel driver. Only worked with that driver as it was a feature Intel offered with that chipset. It was definitely not built into Windows.
CTL-ALT-UPARROW - instant upside down.

Must have been a feature of many more than intel graphics chips, because I have never used an intel graphics chip since '95 (the year and the os) that I recall. A quick google shows it was very common but hard to remember for sure why. Not a big deal, I just remember having fun with it, and the utter confusion the first time it happened.

#15438 2 years ago

I saw that... 2 of the more difficult titles available for anyone let alone a newbie... But why do you say $13K is OTT. I paid a bunch more than that for my R&M NIB direct from Spooky.

#15439 2 years ago

i would like to report an strange behavoir with my R&M.

We played yesterday a two play game and the first 5 games all worked fine. During the last game the sound output was delayed and a little later the music was missing, but SFX continued to be played. After restarting the machine everything worked again.

Have any of you observed such behavior? Or does someone know what it could be related to?

#15440 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

We played yesterday a two play game and the first 5 games all worked fine. During the last game the sound output was delayed and a little later the music was missing, but SFX continued to be played. After restarting the machine everything worked again.
Have any of you observed such behavior? Or does someone know what it could be related to?

Are you sure that you are on the latest code? I saw that in the past, but I haven't seen that happen with the last version.

#15441 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have seen this twice, once recently (yes most recent code).
I was in the coin door both times and wasn't quite sure if I caused it or, if not, the series of events to lead up to it. Either way, a quick power cycle fixed it both times.

#15442 2 years ago

Can I bug someone who had a nicely working garage shot, to share a photo of their guide rail.

Also, can you share a pic of your right outlane adjustable post from the side so I can see where it was positioned from the factory.

Thanks so much!

PXL_20210804_031248496 (resized).jpgPXL_20210804_031248496 (resized).jpg
#15443 2 years ago

Mine works well and the ball does not get chewed up by the end of rail,I hope others can post pictures also maybe I can make mine better than it is,it’s a fun shot for sure

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#15444 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Mine works well and the ball does not get chewed up by the end of rail but I hope others can post pictures also,maybe there is a better setup
[quoted image]

#15445 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Mine works well and the ball does not get chewed up by the end of rail,I hope others can post pictures also maybe I can make mine better than it is,it’s a fun shot for sure
[quoted image]

This is what mine looks like.

Make the rest of the rail follow the graphics as close as you can...but the end will actually be off the graphics and closer to the post (not behind it).

#15446 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Oh weird! Mine definitely isn't behind the post.

Have you made any adjustments, or did you get it from Spooky like this?

When your ball rejects and rolls back out, does it hit the post as it exits? Might just rolls off the rail, and often, goes SDTM.

#15447 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

When your ball rejects and rolls back out, does it hit the post as it exits? Might just rolls off the rail, and often, goes SDTM.

Just loosen the retaining screw an move it back a bit so your slow rollers just barely catch the edge of the post.

#15448 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Oh weird! Mine definitely isn't behind the post.
Have you made any adjustments, or did you get it from Spooky like this?

I honestly do not think they ever made any adjustments at the factory, so you have to change this on your own. I'm not sure I agree with 'just' moving the end, but as it is easy, start there as suggested. If the ball still rattles, try to round the entire rail further up.

#15449 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Just loosen the retaining screw an move it back a bit so your slow rollers just barely catch the edge of the post.

Quoted from Zablon:

I honestly do not think they ever made any adjustments at the factory, so you have to change this on your own. I'm not sure I agree with 'just' moving the end, but as it is easy, start there as suggested. If the ball still rattles, try to round the entire rail further up.

I'll give that a try.

Can I also bug someone to post a pic of their right adjustable outlane post.

Thanks!

#15450 2 years ago

Oh, and a pic of the upper flipper position from a couple angles (top, and front side).

Thanks so much!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
$ 28.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/309?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.