(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 404.
#15301 2 years ago

If you change the flipper bushing with the new replacement bushing spooky sends out will that help with the right flipper making the left ramp? Or do I still need to buy pin monks flipper fan kit as well??

#15302 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

If you change the flipper bushing with the new replacement bushing spooky sends out will that help with the right flipper making the left ramp? Or do I still need to buy pin monks flipper fan kit as well??

You will definitely experience cleaner, crisper and slightly more powerful shots once you get the flippers down where they are striking the ball properly.

I had to lower all of my Flipper Power settings once I installed the spacers and have had no issues at all with hitting the left ramp on a clean shot. Now, even shots that just barely kiss the sides of the ramp will make it 8/10 times.

#15303 2 years ago

What flipper settings are you using? I’m 27 top and 30 for bottoms.

#15304 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

What flipper settings are you using? I’m 27 top and 30 for bottoms.

22 top

26 bottoms

With corrected bush/flipper height.

No flipper fade problems at all.

#15305 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

22 top
26 bottoms
With corrected bush/flipper height.
No flipper fade problems at all.

Thanks. I will try those settings today.

#15306 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'll be the guinea pig and grab the IPS screen and controller off Amazon and let you know how it goes.

One of the ones you linked to was only 1366x768. Is the one you're getting 1920x1080?

#15307 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One of the ones you linked to was only 1366x768. Is the one you're getting 1920x1080?

Here's what I just ordered.

Screen 15.6" IPS FHD 1080P 30pin
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C2KRCQ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

HDMI Input Controller Board Kit LCD Driver Board For 11.6'' 13.3'' 14'' 15.6'' 1920x1080
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W5DTGKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

About $130 I think. I didn't look at what voltage they supply to the existing screen but I recall it's a barrel plug. Hopefully it's 12v but easy to tap that if not.

#15308 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Here's what I just ordered.
Screen 15.6" IPS FHD 1080P 30pin
amazon.com link »
HDMI Input Controller Board Kit LCD Driver Board For 11.6'' 13.3'' 14'' 15.6'' 1920x1080
amazon.com link »
About $130 I think. I didn't look at what voltage they supply to the existing screen but I recall it's a barrel plug. Hopefully it's 12v but easy to tap that if not.

Yer a good egg! Appreciate you taking the plunge for those of us nitpicky enough to care about it. Or at least everybody over 5'11'' or so that likes to play in the dark. I'm excited!

#15309 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yer a good egg! Appreciate you taking the plunge for those of us nitpicky enough to care about it. Or at least everybody over 5'11'' or so that likes to play in the dark. I'm excited!

Luckily I'm nit picky because I'm only 5'10". Just can't help myself.. gotta mod.

#15310 2 years ago

Is this screw supposed to be here? It looks like it was holding down the house, but is just screwed into the backboard graphic, not really even into the wood. I took the house off to get access behind it and see this. You can see the indentation in the house up and to the right where the screw hits.

IMG_3824 (resized).pngIMG_3824 (resized).png
#15311 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

Is this screw supposed to be here? It looks like it was holding down the house, but is just screwed into the backboard graphic, not really even into the wood. I took the house off to get access behind it and see this. You can see the indentation in the house up and to the right where the screw hits.
[quoted image]

I think most all the games have this. I wonder if it wasn't just put there to help keep the house from moving around during shipping.

#15312 2 years ago

Well that seems dumb to destroy the backpanel graphic. Tape and foam would do that too.

#15313 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

On mine (#234) the screw is painted black to better blend in. Still looks like a hack, but you don't see it normally so no big deal.

#15314 2 years ago

Played R&M at Pinfest (Allentown PA) today. This was the first time I played one other than our own. It was dialed in pretty nicely, but unfortunately the right horseshoe target was not working so Glomflomite multi-ball was not possible. Regardless, everyone who lined up to play seemed to like the pin.

#15315 2 years ago
Quoted from angus:

[quoted image]

Interesting. I have a plastic deflector installed and no additional light bulb (s)…but I was an early build. Spooky was just learning and improving, but I’m not sure what the screw is for. House is pretty solid with just the normal screws that attach it.
96B0C1BD-D7B2-4E3B-8520-929C4C463557 (resized).jpeg96B0C1BD-D7B2-4E3B-8520-929C4C463557 (resized).jpeg

#15316 2 years ago

I cant even see mine in normal use and wouldn't have known it was there if it hadn't been pointed out multiple times here.

#15317 2 years ago

I think it's to keep things from shifting around, which will cause the ball to get stuck up there in the tunnel after a left ramp shot, if that back panel starts leaning backwards. If memory serves, that happened the first time I had the house out and put it back without the mysterious screw.

#15318 2 years ago

329 plays on Rick and Morty in one day! Held up solid and glad I put mylar in the shooter lane before the Allentown show. 2 stuck balls in aftermarket toys I had to remove. Had to fix switch for flippers on right side and put in a new drop target spring but solid otherwise.

Anyone know the correct drop target spring size?
20210731_080434 (resized).jpg20210731_080434 (resized).jpg

It's there all day if you want to try it!

#15319 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

329 plays on Rick and Morty in one day! Held up solid and glad I put mylar in the shooter lane before the Allentown show. 2 stuck balls in aftermarket toys I had to remove. Had to fix switch for flippers on right side and put in a new drop target spring but solid otherwise.
[quoted image]

I do know your about to cost me an additional 10k if I find one lol. Love the game it was a blast, thank you.

#15320 2 years ago

Thank you for bringing the game! What a fun game, we played it several times.
Question: How do you make the shot to the upper left hole (where the dimensions start?) Neither of us could make it from the upper right flipper.

[quoted image]

#15321 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Question: How do you make the shot to the upper left hole (where the dimensions start?) Neither of us could make it from the upper right flipper.

It is challenging but definitely repeatable. Just located in an odd spot on the flipper. So, hard to find at first.

#15322 2 years ago

But what a satisfying shot!

#15323 2 years ago

I set my upper flipper to 30, cranks right up to the garage now.
Also ground down the bushing at the same time.

#15324 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can also hit the garage shot ( upper left hole) from the right orbit when your portal gun is charged. But hitting the shot from the right orbit puts less megaseeds out than hitting it from the upper flipper.

#15325 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

But hitting the shot from the right orbit puts less megaseeds out than hitting it from the upper flipper.

I never knew that. I thought the number of megaseeds lit in each dimension was random.

#15326 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I never knew that. I thought the number of megaseeds lit in each dimension was random.

Nope, 5 megaseeds lit from an upper flipper direct garage shot, and 3 megaseeds lit from an easier backdoor right loop to the garage shot.

#15327 2 years ago

Played it again and it's really brutal, but tons of fun.

I didn't get to mini-wizard mode, 9th card?

It also feels like there are no really big points to be had unless you get to cash in on the 9th card?

#15328 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Nope, 5 megaseeds lit from an upper flipper direct garage shot, and 3 megaseeds lit from an easier backdoor right loop to the garage shot.

I might be wrong...but is there also a Bonus seed added to the next dimension for clearing the field of seeds and then jumping to another dimension?

#15329 2 years ago

I have definitely noticed different # of seeds in each dimension but never tied it to the route the ball went.

Can anyone confirm if every mode (including starting the game) has the pop bumper megaseed?

#15330 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Played it again and it's really brutal, but tons of fun.
I didn't get to mini-wizard mode, 9th card?
It also feels like there are no really big points to be had unless you get to cash in on the 9th card?

Big points are made by getting the meseeks multipliers and multiball. Otherwise yes, you can spend a lot of time making barely anything at all. I've had long balls where i look up and I'm barely over 1m. The additional big points are collecting as many megaseeds as you can for bonus at the end of the ball. Of course, that is heavily dependent on the score for that ball as well. Stacks on stacks on stacks.

#15331 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Big points are made by getting the meseeks multipliers and multiball. Otherwise yes, you can spend a lot of time making barely anything at all. I've had long balls where i look up and I'm barely over 1m. The additional big points are collecting as many megaseeds as you can for bonus at the end of the ball. Of course, that is heavily dependent on the score for that ball as well. Stacks on stacks on stacks.

Can you blow up an adventure with meseeks multipliers? Never tried that.

#15332 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

And if you ‘clear’ all the mega seeds in a dimension and then jump to another one without going ‘home’ you get +1 (so 6 or 4)

#15333 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have definitely noticed different # of seeds in each dimension but never tied it to the route the ball went.
Can anyone confirm if every mode (including starting the game) has the pop bumper megaseed?

The ‘starter’ seed on the pop is a game option - can be turned off. With the dimension, the ‘first’ one you go to will only put seeds on the main/obvious shots. The second one adds a few more locations, then the 3rd makes everything possible including the pop bumper. Placement is random.

#15334 2 years ago

Can you blow up an adventure with meseeks multipliers? Never tried that.

Yes, this is basically the way to big points. Hit the meeseeks as much as you can, and always try to stack the mania multiballs with both a mode and grofromlite multiball. Bang on the meeseeks box to bump the multiplier to 4x. All the shots become valuable, especially purple mode shots. Scoring a bunch of jackpots then cashing in a 4x super can be big.

Other big thing is watch which dimension you're in. If you get a 3x left or right, STAY in that one and keep it going as long as you can. If the portal gun is full, hold off on shooting the super jackpots til it drains a notch so you stay in the 3x dimension. The other 3x dimensions can be valuable depending on what's going on, but the 3x left/right are the cream of the crop.

#15335 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, this is basically the way to big points. Hit the meeseeks as much as you can, and always try to stack the mania multiballs with both a mode and grofromlite multiball. Bang on the meeseeks box to bump the multiplier to 4x. All the shots become valuable, especially purple mode shots. Scoring a bunch of jackpots then cashing in a 4x super can be big.
Other big thing is watch which dimension you're in. If you get a 3x left or right, STAY in that one and keep it going as long as you can. If the portal gun is full, hold off on shooting the super jackpots til it drains a notch so you stay in the 3x dimension. The other 3x dimensions can be valuable depending on what's going on, but the 3x left/right are the cream of the crop.

Hopefully I will get one of these in my home soon, as there appears to be a lot more strategy than I realised.

This game is going to go down as a classic I think.

#15336 2 years ago

Hopefully I will get one of these in my home soon, as there appears to be a lot more strategy than I realised.
This game is going to go down as a classic I think.

I think what makes this game really unique is that on the surface it does seem simple. You can really play it simple as well, however because of the random nature of the dimensions and modes, one game can be completely different from the next even though your overall strategy will be to stack meseeks and stack megaseeds. Honestly, my scores generally suck because I spend more time trying to clear the modes and get more dimensions than actually concentrating on multipliers.

#15337 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And if you ‘clear’ all the mega seeds in a dimension and then jump to another one without going ‘home’ you get +1 (so 6 or 4)

Neat! Is that for the rest of the game, current ball, or just that next dimension only?

#15338 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Neat! Is that for the rest of the game, current ball, or just that next dimension only?

Just the one you “jump” to. Any time you return to c-137 it resets to normal.

#15339 2 years ago

https://odysee.com/@FRAGPinball:3/RaM_Pinball_Spooky_01:d?r=HAyxHkJpmr2rew7zJUyFn5g8f634GK6Z

Game set to noob noob. Somehow my mate muddled all the way through Rick Potion Lol

#15340 2 years ago

Rick and Morty torture test report:

Rick and Morty performed admirably at pinfest. Set up Thursday at 1, torn down Saturday at 8. During this time it got 519 plays. I cleaned it every morning, but in the entire time I only had 2 stuck balls, both on aftermarket toys. I also had to replace a drop target spring with an improvised on, and adjust the flpper gap buttons a little on the right side.

Talked to the Spooky guys there who will get me a new part for the flipper button based on the new ones on the Ultraman, and a new flipper drop coil spring.

Line was about 8 to 20 people deep the entire time.

I dropped some Mylar in the shooter lane day one, and other than the aftermarket Titan posts by the scoop being chewed up, I can't see any damage to the machine from the show.

Despite being played non-stop for 12 hours a day, there were no complaints about the ball not making it up the ramp or weak flippers. I installed new code right before I left.

Spooky's build quality and reliability here has been superb.

20210731_200133 (resized).jpg20210731_200133 (resized).jpg20210731_200346 (resized).jpg20210731_200346 (resized).jpg
#15341 2 years ago

Rick and Morty performed admirably at pinfest. Set up Thursday at 1, torn down Saturday at 8. During this time it got 519 plays. I cleaned it every morning, but in the entire time I only had 2 stuck balls, both on aftermarket toys. I also had to replace a drop target spring with an improvised on, and adjust the flpper gap buttons a little on the right side.
Talked to the Spooky guys there who will get me a new part for the flipper button based on the new ones on the Ultraman, and a new flipper drop coil spring.
I dropped some Mylar in the shooter lane day one, and other than the aftermarket Titan posts by the scoop being chewed up, I can't see any damage to the machine from the show.
Despite being played non-stop for 12 hours a day, there were no complaints about the ball not making it up the ramp or weak flippers. I installed new code right before I left.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Like I posted earlier you were going to cost me and you did lol. Joined the club and waiting on delivery next week now. Awesome game that was a blast to play, thanks it was great to finally play one. Yes the quality was there as well in this title and Ultraman that I got to play, was very impressed.

#15342 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

What's the new part for the flipper button, and are they also getting you a different coil spring than default?

#15343 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What's the new part for the flipper button, and are they also getting you a different coil spring than default?

Not sure on the coil spring. I had issues with the flipper button parts previously. I will post what Spooky sends. Supposedly a new design. Will be better than my lego and electrical tape repair.

20210731_081646 (resized).jpg20210731_081646 (resized).jpg
#15344 2 years ago

329 plays on Rick and Morty in one day! Held up solid

SantaEatsCheese I was standing there in a pool of my own blood and piss holding one of my kidneys in hopes we could make a trade. You never showed up. I would have called, but my vision got all wonky when I cut myself open to snag the organ and I couldn't see your number dammit.

#15345 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

sataneatscheese I was standing there in a pool of my own blood and piss holding one of my kidneys in hopes we could make a trade. You never showed up. I would have called, but my vision got all wonky when I cut myself open to snag the organ and I couldn't see your number dammit.

Kidneys... with an s. That means 2, and a matching set at that.

#15346 2 years ago

SantaEatsCheese Oh. I ain't never been that good with those plurals you fancy people use.

My kid loved playing your R&M ... we have one here at home, but I think he liked showing off in public (he's also high functioning autistic ... he always seems to head for the machines we have here at home though he did a LOT better this year playing new stuff. I have the same problem he has whenever I see a BKSoR in public ... I will play it to death despite owning an LE ).

That was incredibly gracious of you to bring that machine. I'm hoping I can bring mine to the York show. I am only going to ask for a lung + one fingernail that must be removed with a set of cheap-ass needle nose vice grips I have in my pinball toolset.

Just curious ... are you running flipper coil coolers on your R&M? It played AWESOME ... I played it both Friday and Saturday ... held up perfectly. I couldn't feel any difference in the flippers whenever I played.

Of course, as soon as I got home, I started having switch issues again. Seems they're cutting out here and there ... I'm pretty sure whoever assembled mine didn't crimp or use an IDC tool properly as I have had to fix many connectors on that machine over the past year). I'm half tempted to make a new wiring harness to clean up that rats nest under the playfield (that is my *only* complaint about Spooky ... I hate hot melt glue and I have this ridiculous, almost OCD-like obsession with making wiring/interconnect *perfect* looking. I can give them a pass since my expectations are borderline irrational ).

I still need to work on getting my loop *perfect* here at home after playing your machine. Thanks for adding more work to my list AND the senseless loss of one of my kidneys!

#15347 2 years ago

I had issues with the flipper button parts previously. I will post what Spooky sends. Supposedly a new design. Will be better than my lego and electrical tape repair.
[quoted image]

I bought one of these…

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1010A-13

… to replace the questionable stock one. Should be my last tweak. Very interested in Spooky’s replacement part.

#15348 2 years ago

Not sure on the coil spring. I had issues with the flipper button parts previously. I will post what Spooky sends. Supposedly a new design. Will be better than my lego and electrical tape repair.
[quoted image]

I wonder if it's just standard flipper switches like they have in all other games, including TNA.

I spoke to Scott a while back and he mentioned he was planning to update his own R&M machine with the standard switches.

With R&M, I find the feel of the flipper buttons way too soft, and that has to do with the switches not having the reinforced tension blades that you'll see on all your other games.

Look at the left side flipper switch. It's the same flimsy switch you find on your slingshots. Not exactly the best for flippers.

I bought some switches from PBL, so just have to stop being lazy and solder them in.

#15349 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I bought one of these…
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1010A-13
… to replace the questionable stock one. Should be my last tweak. Very interested in Spooky’s replacement part.

Same onesi bought. That should improve the feel and responsiveness of the flipper.

Does anyone happen to know what gauge the wires going to the flipper switch are?

#15350 2 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

sataneatscheese Oh. I ain't never been that good with those plurals you fancy people use.
My kid loved playing your R&M ... we have one here at home, but I think he liked showing off in public (he's also high functioning autistic ... he always seems to head for the machines we have here at home though he did a LOT better this year playing new stuff. I have the same problem he has whenever I see a BKSoR in public ... I will play it to death despite owning an LE
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ef7f3bb606e6a6ee7c735cefec97997240397375-1627838965-1800"};
//]]>

).
That was incredibly gracious of you to bring that machine. I'm hoping I can bring mine to the York show. I am only going to ask for a lung + one fingernail that must be removed with a set of cheap-ass needle nose vice grips I have in my pinball toolset.
Just curious ... are you running flipper coil coolers on your R&M? It played AWESOME ... I played it both Friday and Saturday ... held up perfectly. I couldn't feel any difference in the flippers whenever I played.
Of course, as soon as I got home, I started having switch issues again. Seems they're cutting out here and there ... I'm pretty sure whoever assembled mine didn't crimp or use an IDC tool properly as I have had to fix many connectors on that machine over the past year). I'm half tempted to make a new wiring harness to clean up that rats nest under the playfield (that is my *only* complaint about Spooky ... I hate hot melt glue and I have this ridiculous, almost OCD-like obsession with making wiring/interconnect *perfect* looking. I can give them a pass since my expectations are borderline irrational ).
I still need to work on getting my loop *perfect* here at home after playing your machine. Thanks for adding more work to my list AND the senseless loss of one of my kidneys!

No fans. Stock cooling. Titan rubbers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 300.00
Trade
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/307 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.