(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 405.
#15251 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I think there’s a key post with settings that worked for me.

Agreed. This made the screen look way better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/151#post-5958744

#15252 2 years ago

mrbillishere also suggested setting the color temperature to SRGB, suggesting 50/50/50 along with Contrast 100, Brightness 0, Gamma ON.

I went with 60/60/60, Contrast 100, Brightness 30, Gamma On --> or something very close to that.

Hopefully this link works:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/217#post-6136609

#15253 2 years ago

...yeah it will help to increase the look, but not comparable to a swap to a LG display with better black values & better viewing angle.

#15254 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

not comparable to a swap to a LG display with better black values & better viewing angle

Do you, or anyone here, have a link to the best LG screen for replacement. Do you need to remove the screen from it's shell and do the current connections and controls still work with a new one? This is on my upgrade list (after a properly powder coated door, the black door drives me nuts) so I would like to price it out and make a plan. TIA

#15256 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The LCD screen: amazon.com link »
The HDMI Controller: ebay.com link: HDMI DVI VGA Audio Controller Board For 15 6 B156HW01 LP156WF1 1920x1080 LCD

So this will give you actual blacks in a dark room and if you're 5' 11" or so? Right now I have to hunch down to get the proper viewing angle even with brightness to 0 and contrast to 100.

Probably wouldn't be an issue unless you play in the dark as I like to do these days.

#15257 2 years ago

Went through all the settings menus and cannot find the LCD adjustment, did they take this option out of the latest code?

#15258 2 years ago

LCD adjustments are on the actual display, not the game menu.

#15259 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

LCD adjustments are on the actual display, not the game menu.

Got it, thanks.

#15260 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

The LCD screen: amazon.com link »
The HDMI Controller: ebay.com link: HDMI DVI VGA Audio Controller Board For 15 6 B156HW01 LP156WF1 1920x1080 LCD

Are you sure on that screen? Looks like it's just a generic panel. While it's cheaper the actual branded LG displays are all around $70+. I'm no LCD expert but this was quoted a while back in this thread (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LG-PHILIPS-LP156WF1-TL-B2-TLB2-15-6-LAPTOP-LED-SCREEN-MATTE-FINISH/271067379524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)

I was looking at this display but haven't compared close enough to know if there are any fitment issues: https://www.amazon.com/LP156WH4-LG-Laptop-Display-compatible/dp/B00903F1AM/ref=sr_1_5

#15261 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Do you, or anyone here, have a link to the best LG screen for replacement. Do you need to remove the screen from it's shell and do the current connections and controls still work with a new one? This is on my upgrade list (after a properly powder coated door, the black door drives me nuts) so I would like to price it out and make a plan. TIA

I highly encourage you to first adjust your existing screen using the key post as a starting point. It was a bit too much contrast for me, so I altered the formula ever so slightly (using Rick's complexion on the screen vs my TV). After making these adjustments, the stock screen is very visible and looks super sharp from all playing angles...which most likely will satisfy you enough to not buy a new one.

#15262 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

mrbillishere also suggested setting the color temperature to SRGB, suggesting 50/50/50 along with Contrast 100, Brightness 0, Gamma ON.
I went with 60/60/60, Contrast 100, Brightness 30, Gamma On --> or something very close to that.
Hopefully this link works:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/217#post-6136609

Thanks! Both are huge improvements over the factory setting but I can’t tell which is better for me yet. Seems like maybe the first adjustment for my height but will see over time what works best.

#15263 2 years ago

I want this to be played, uninterrupted and in totality, when you complete 20 adventures:

#15264 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I highly encourage you to first adjust your existing screen using the key post as a starting point.

For sure! I did this and have been playing around to get it perfect. I am actually pretty happy with how it looks. I was pricing a replacement because my screen has two spots on it where the screen plastic is sticking to the overlay. You can't see it much when the images are bright, but when the images are dark and it's off (like in the image) they are pretty prominent. I want to try removing the screen and see if cleaning or just moving it fixes it. But, in case it messes up the screen trying to fix it, I figured I'd be prepared to upgrade to an LG.

20210728_171636 (resized).jpg20210728_171636 (resized).jpg

#15265 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

For sure! I did this and have been playing around to get it perfect. I am actually pretty happy with how it looks. I was pricing a replacement because my screen has two spots on it where the screen plastic is sticking to the overlay. You can't see it much when the images are bright, but when the images are dark and it's off (like in the image) they are pretty prominent. I want to try removing the screen and see if cleaning or just moving it fixes it. But, in case it messes up the screen trying to fix it, I figured I'd be prepared to upgrade to an LG.
[quoted image]

Oh ok, got it.

On the plastic sticking, and note that I can't really tell by your pic exactly what's going on, I noticed there was a spot mine had on it similar to that (smaller though) and it was due to the nuts being overtightened on the back. I loosened them slightly and the issue went away.

#15266 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]

I had this on mine. I removed the screen and put a couple of washers on the studs to space the screen back a bit from the plastic. No more problems with it.

#15267 2 years ago

After messing around with the settings today, my conclusion is that you can get it pretty good, but perfect black isn’t going to happen unless with an OLED, and then brightness would become an issue. So…good enough!

#15268 2 years ago

I wonder if Spooky changed the model of display at some point. My machine is # 141 and did not like the washed out look. I replaced with Lg Philips Lp156wf1(tl)(b2) . Sounded to me like most people were OK with the display soon after my machine.

#15269 2 years ago

Naw, we just were okay with adjusting the settings. (#294)

Never wished I was shorter before, though!

#15270 2 years ago

The effort and price wasn’t justified to me once I made the recommended adjustments to the screen. Looks good enough to me, as good or better than some of the hotel tv’s I’ve watched R&M on. Spend your money elsewhere.
Besides, what player has the time to look up at the screen when R&M is making you work so hard to staying alive?

#15271 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So this will give you actual blacks in a dark room and if you're 5' 11" or so? Right now I have to hunch down to get the proper viewing angle even with brightness to 0 and contrast to 100.
Probably wouldn't be an issue unless you play in the dark as I like to do these days.

Yeah I went through trouble of screen swap out, even though I'd dialed in my screen fairly well. But in the end viewing angle still gets me with new one.

#15272 2 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I wonder if Spooky changed the model of display at some point. My machine is # 141 and did not like the washed out look. I replaced with Lg Philips Lp156wf1(tl)(b2) . Sounded to me like most people were OK with the display soon after my machine.

My #48 looks awesome with my adjustments…but I’m short (5’8”). If you want to change the display, do it…lcd displays are very angle oriented as to how they look. More expensive OLED displays will have better blacks, but then you give up brightness…it’s all give and take. Do what looks best to you and is worth the money to you.

#15273 2 years ago

Once I dialed it in, it's been fine. I don't spend enough time looking at the screen to be overly concerned.

#15274 2 years ago

My screen looks fine (to me at 6ft) after making some adjustments. To my 7 year old (4ft or so) however, it’s become super contrasty with very heavy blacks. If you’ve got a broad range of heights playing, just making screen adjustments may not cut it.

#15275 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My screen looks fine (to me at 6ft) after making some adjustments. To my 7 year old (4ft or so) however, it’s become super contrasty with very heavy blacks. If you’ve got a broad range of heights playing, just making screen adjustments may not cut it.

Is there a middle ground?

#15276 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]

if you have a air compressor (because I had this happen) blow the edges once each day til it goes away(low setting)I did this twice and it went away.Beats taking it apart if you don't haft to.

#15277 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's probably where Spooky set it, or tried to.

#15278 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That's probably where Spooky set it, or tried to.

Well, mine was set to "standard" I assumed. 50 contrast 50 brightness. (not what I meant by "middle ground")

Some may adjust to extreme (100 cont, 0 bright).

By middle, what I meant for Flynny was, maybe something like 80 contrast with 30 brightness could give a "middle ground". So that both tall and short have something resembling reasonable.

#15279 2 years ago

Oh, then Spooky thought the default was fine, which it was for shorter people, anyway. I forgot it came at 50 & 50, I didn't mean that either.

Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt! I can't win sometimes.

#15280 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah I went through trouble of screen swap out, even though I'd dialed in my screen fairly well. But in the end viewing angle still gets me with new one.

Hmm so not a magic fix then? I was hoping a unit with a wider viewing angle would solve the issue. Good to know.

It's not a huge deal but one I'm interested in.

#15281 2 years ago

Gamers apparently choose the IPS screens as they have wider viewing. Not my area of knowledge though!

'IPS (In Plane Switching) panels are generally considered the best overall LCD technology for image quality, color accuracy and viewing angles. They are well suited for graphics design and other applications which require accurate and consistent color reproduction. IPS panels offer the best viewing angles of any current LCD technology, with wide viewing angles up to 178 degrees.

All these benefits raise IPS monitors to a higher price range compared to VA and especially affordable TN panel LCDs. The response time of IPS is adequate, averaging around 4ms to 8ms with modern IPS technology. This is only slightly slower than TN panels. However, gamers should take this into consideration. Fast paced games may suffer from motion blur or ghosting with IPS panels that have a response time higher than 8ms.

S-IPS panels can often be identified buy a slight purple hue on blacks when viewed from a wide angle. There are currently few manufacturers using S-IPS panels in comparison to the other panels types making choices limited and they often carry a premium price tag. H-IPS is a newer variation of S-IPS with a different pixel structure that improves contrast ratios and lowers pixel pitch to provide better picture quality. New IPS panel types like H-IPS introduced a problem known as "IPS glow". The less obtrusive purple hue present when viewing older S-IPS technology off angle was replaced with a brighter white/yellow tinge that is harsher and more noticeable by comparison, especially in a dark room. IPS glow is the main drawback of this panel type and many users find it to be a deal breaker.'

#15282 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yes it will, plus the better black from a 2nd player angle beside the pin.

#15283 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Are you sure on that screen? Looks like it's just a generic panel. While it's cheaper the actual branded LG displays are all around $70+. I'm no LCD expert but this was quoted a while back in this thread (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LG-PHILIPS-LP156WF1-TL-B2-TLB2-15-6-LAPTOP-LED-SCREEN-MATTE-FINISH/271067379524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649)
I was looking at this display but haven't compared close enough to know if there are any fitment issues: amazon.com link »

Scott you are right if you're having doubts, because if you order the LG screen you will often get an 'AU Optronics' screen.
If you ask then why you got this one, if you ordered an LG like they offered, they'll argue the it is similar to the screen. But it is not!
In the end, I had to order 3 times to get a good one. But it was worth it.

Best way to get one is to phone with the shop and ask for the individual values like the contrast and angle (should reach 150º/155º)
For me the LG worked with (B1) instead of (B2) - LP156WF1 (TP)(B1) - Stay away from 'AU Optronics' displays!

#15284 2 years ago

As promised. On freeplay at pinfest this weekend. Set a high score to drive me nuts for years!

20210729_155405 (resized).jpg20210729_155405 (resized).jpg
#15285 2 years ago

I wonder if Spooky could buy some IPS screens in bulk and then offer it as an upgrade for these machines. I know I would buy one right away.

I upgraded to an IPS screen in my MAME cabinet, really impressive viewing angles, seems to look fantastic no matter where you are standing in the room.

#15286 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Scott you are right if you're having doubts, because if you order the LG screen you will often get an 'AU Optronics' screen.
If you ask then why you got this one, if you ordered an LG like they offered, they'll argue the it is similar to the screen. But it is not!
In the end, I had to order 3 times to get a good one. But it was worth it.
Best way to get one is to phone with the shop and ask for the individual values like the contrast and angle (should reach 150º/155º)
For me the LG worked with (B1) instead of (B2) - LP156WF1 (TP)(B1) - Stay away from 'AU Optronics' displays!

Is the LG screen IPS? I'm looking at three screens linked from this thread and none seem to be IPS?

https://www.amazon.com/LP156WH4-LG-Laptop-Display-compatible/dp/B00903F1AM/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LG-PHILIPS-LP156WF1-TL-B2-TLB2-15-6-LAPTOP-LED-SCREEN-MATTE-FINISH/271067379524

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007N9P02Y/

Which of these is the best? Do they all use the same HDMI controller linked earlier?

#15287 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As promised. On freeplay at pinfest this weekend. Set a high score to drive me nuts for years!
[quoted image]

I'm assuming the adult language has been set to zero

#15288 2 years ago

This has probably already been mentioned but there is a very lengthy discussion on the displays in the TNA club thread. The pitch of the screen is mucho better on RnM than on TNA. Some folks went so far as to 3d print a wedge mounting baffle to kick the view up a bit. Lots of discussion on different displays to swap out with after market. I am 6'1" so it is not optimal for me on either machine, but RnM definitely looks better after some adjustments on the screen settings.

#15289 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm assuming the adult language has been set to zero
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"baf40c30e869054e659cb305321e92c715bc589c-1627595139-1800"};
//]]>

It's on full f bomb mode. I put a parental warning sign on it.

#15290 2 years ago

This is the top machine on my radar, I might have to check it out tomorrow

#15291 2 years ago

Thanks for bringing it! My first time to play it!!!! So... looking forward to it

#15292 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is the LG screen IPS? I'm looking at three screens linked from this thread and none seem to be IPS?
amazon.com link »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-LG-PHILIPS-LP156WF1-TL-B2-TLB2-15-6-LAPTOP-LED-SCREEN-MATTE-FINISH/271067379524
amazon.com link »
Which of these is the best? Do they all use the same HDMI controller linked earlier?

I have no idea the size or mounting constraints but it looks like Amazon doesn't have a ton of 15.6" IPS bare display panels. Might have to scour ebay or go the AliExpress route. Maybe something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003016893660.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2273ecf2iGOjRr&algo_pvid=b6c8edc9-1911-4312-86b3-4a92f536023e&aem_p4p_detail=202107291609465870381631064800004077656&algo_exp_id=b6c8edc9-1911-4312-86b3-4a92f536023e-4

I'd be interested to know if someone has done it and has a part to share.

#15293 2 years ago

I have no idea the size or mounting constraints but it looks like Amazon doesn't have a ton of 15.6" IPS bare display panels. Might have to scour ebay or go the AliExpress route. Maybe something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003016893660.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2273ecf2iGOjRr&algo_pvid=b6c8edc9-1911-4312-86b3-4a92f536023e&aem_p4p_detail=202107291609465870381631064800004077656&algo_exp_id=b6c8edc9-1911-4312-86b3-4a92f536023e-4
I'd be interested to know if someone has done it and has a part to share.

That seems like a pretty crap panel with only 45% NTSC color gamut. With a decent IPS you should be looking at about 72% NTSC color gamut coverage. It's very common for Alibaba merchants to misrepresent what they're selling and hope you don't know the difference.

#15294 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That seems like a pretty crap panel with only 45% NTSC color gamut. With a decent IPS you should be looking at about 72% NTSC color gamut coverage. It's very common for Alibaba merchants to misrepresent what they're selling and hope you don't know the difference.

Not a lot of listings with specs on ebay but this one seems to say the right things: ebay.com link: itm

I'm guessing it's 30 pin but it doesn't say.

Might just grab one on Amazon and take a shot. None that I have found have NTSC color gamut listed. https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Replacement-Compatible-B156HAN02-1-Non-Touch/dp/B07C2KRCQ8/ref=sr_1_34

#15295 2 years ago

Not a lot of listings with specs on ebay but this one seems to say the right things: ebay.com link: itm
I'm guessing it's 30 pin but it doesn't say.
Might just grab one on Amazon and take a shot. None that I have found have NTSC color gamut listed. amazon.com link »

40 Pin. Matches up to this one on Alibaba for $40 less:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/15-6-inch-144HZ-Laptop-LED_1600133252100.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.189f24c5lBOz1i

#15296 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The middle ground is, my son has to deal with it

#15298 2 years ago

I guess too it should be 40 Pin.
It would be nice if it fits in.
Hope to hear some feedback from a tester.

#15299 2 years ago

Spooky has a new LCD going in next run of TNA.

Maybe in Halloween and Ultraman as well?

#15300 2 years ago

I'll be the guinea pig and grab the IPS screen and controller off Amazon and let you know how it goes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,999 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 28.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/306?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.