(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 405.
#15151 2 years ago

So my RM BSE 598 landed.

But I have a question about the 3D print quality from the megaseed tree. Here is how mine look - not really happy with it .

What's your thoughts and how does your megaseed tree look like?

Is there any way to make it look better?
rm1 (resized).jpgrm1 (resized).jpgrm2 (resized).jpgrm2 (resized).jpg

#15152 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

So my RM BSE 598 landed.
But I have a question about the 3D print quality from the megaseed tree. Here is how mine look - not really happy with it
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9e277023bce3d4f407ebba2c92ae164e99967116-1626850008-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1202-pinball-mod-co/05242-megaseed-tree-upgraded-ramp-support

#15153 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

So my RM BSE 598 landed.
But I have a question about the 3D print quality from the megaseed tree. Here is how mine look - not really happy with it .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Email Spooky, I am sure they would toss you a better looking one in the mail.

#15154 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Email Spooky, I am sure they would toss you a better looking one in the mail.

Agreed, Spooky will replace that no problem!

#15155 2 years ago

Here is a picture of mine. Similar to yours, looks like it could break at any moment.

I took mine off the machine and rubbed in some 30 minute epoxy into all the open cracks / spaces.
To any onlooker it probably looked like I was wanking it off.

I'm hoping the Epoxy will help. If not, I will probably just replace mine with a triangular wooden dowel or something more fit for purpose.
If I ask Spooky for a replacement, I might as well just ask for 5, these are fragile little things!

IMG_20210403_154209043 (resized).jpgIMG_20210403_154209043 (resized).jpg
#15156 2 years ago

^ This...

My tree broke the first time an air ball hit it. They are not durable enough to be a ramp support and eventually will break over time. The upgraded one that PMC is making has an actual metal post in the middle that is the ramp support and the tree that sits around it is decorative only. Plus, it looks better and comes with a top.

They are selling them for too much in my opinion, but it is a one time purchase and is made the way Spooky should have done it from the start. So I bit the bullet.

#15157 2 years ago

Does anyone know if Spooky ever built any of the Rick and Morty machines with the "fixed" flipper bushings? If so what number did they start fixing that issue? I have the x-spacers discussed on here, but want to be 100% sure my machine doesn't have the shorter flipper bushings before I install them. Is there a way to tell? My understanding is if a more than a credit card can fit between bats and PF then it is too high. I know with the previous software update (not the latest) I had a LOT of problems with flipper hold, they seem less now with the new code but would like to make them even better if the spacers will help.

Thanks in advance.

#15158 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Does anyone know if Spooky ever built any of the Rick and Morty machines with the "fixed" flipper bushings? If so what number did they start fixing that issue? I have the x-spacers discussed on here, but want to be 100% sure my machine doesn't have the shorter flipper bushings before I install them. Is there a way to tell? My understanding is if a more than a credit card can fit between bats and PF then it is too high. I know with the previous software update (not the latest) I had a LOT of problems with flipper hold, they seem less now with the new code but would like to make them even better if the spacers will help.
Thanks in advance.

I don't believe so. I was #736 standard and I had to get the bushings from Spooky.

#15159 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

^ This...
My tree broke the first time an air ball hit it. They are not durable enough to be a ramp support and eventually will break over time. The upgraded one that PMC is making has an actual metal post in the middle that is the ramp support and the tree that sits around it is decorative only. Plus, it looks better and comes with a top.
They are selling them for too much in my opinion, but it is a one time purchase and is made the way Spooky should have done it from the start. So I bit the bullet.

The biggest problem is they were printing these at WAY TOO LOW of a fill rate. It looks like 10 or 20% infill if you look inside. Should be at the very least 50% for this kind of part. The other issue is they don't have the extruder close enough to the bed on yours and the other one so you get noodly lines that should be solid plastic. I'm assuming one of their printers was just badly calibrated and you both got parts from it.

#15160 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

My understanding is if a more than a credit card can fit between bats and PF then it is too high.
Thanks in advance.

That's not quite right. Here is an A/B photo...original bushing, new/lowered bushing. The flipper is MUCH higher than a credit card. Maybe you are thinking of the space between the top of the bushing and the bottom of the flipper bat. That should have a gap of roughly a credit card.

IMG_4185 (resized).jpegIMG_4185 (resized).jpegIMG_4187 (resized).jpegIMG_4187 (resized).jpeg

#15161 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here is an A/B photo...original bushing, new/lowered bushing. The flipper is MUCH higher than a credit card

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I want to be 100% sure it is a good move before I do this. Nothing worse than spending a bunch of time and effort to fix something and having to undo what you did if it didn't work. Did you use the x-spacers sold here on pinside? Did you end up using the longer screws that came with it? Makes sense to need longer screws with a spacer, but I would be VERY sad if I went through the PF.

#15162 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Did you use the x-spacers sold here on pinside? Did you end up using the longer screws that came with it? Makes sense to need longer screws with a spacer, but I would be VERY sad if I went through the PF.

Just lift the playfield and stack the X spacer on the edge of the playfield and put the screw you want to use through so it's against the edge of the playfield and you can see exactly how far the screw will penetrate into the wood when installed.

#15163 2 years ago

I had an airball launch all the way from the flipper to the house in the back of the game!

Recently put in the X-Spacers, and I've been noticing airballs where before I had none.

What settings do you all with lowered flippers have them at?

Thanks!

#15164 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I had an airball launch all the way from the flipper to the house in the back of the game!
Recently put in the X-Spacers, and I've been noticing airballs where before I had none.
Thanks!

After installing the X-spacers I reduced my flipper power to 24. I'm still getting a fair amount of airballs though, so will try going lower.

#15165 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. I want to be 100% sure it is a good move before I do this. Nothing worse than spending a bunch of time and effort to fix something and having to undo what you did if it didn't work. Did you use the x-spacers sold here on pinside? Did you end up using the longer screws that came with it? Makes sense to need longer screws with a spacer, but I would be VERY sad if I went through the PF.

I didn't use the x-spacers...what you see in the photo is the Spooky sanctioned bushing (with original screws).

#15166 2 years ago

Thanks!

I'm on 26 for mains, 20 for upper. Works great and ball flies up the left ramp easily. Even after 2 hours solid play. Get the occasional ball with airtime but it's uncommon, and with no hangups going on. Do have a 100mm cooling fan under there though.

#15167 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I'm on 26 for mains, 20 for upper. Works great and ball flies up the left ramp easily. Even after 2 hours solid play. Get the occasional ball with airtime but it's uncommon, and with no hangups going on. Do have a 100mm cooling fan under there though.

Whoa!!! I turned the power down to 27 and the shots to the left ramp felt significantly better.

Not sure how turning down the power makes the shot feel faster, bit it does!

Any ideas?!?!

#15168 2 years ago

I don't see any option to toggle family mode. Where can I find this or doesn't code support family mode?

#15169 2 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I don't see any option to toggle family mode. Where can I find this or doesn't code support family mode?

Hit the menu button, then hold down the launch button. It will toggle swearing to Never. Animated Violence is there to stay.

#15170 2 years ago

Whoa!!! I turned the power down to 27 and the shots to the left ramp felt significantly better.
Not sure how turning down the power makes the shot feel faster, bit it does!
Any ideas?!?!

Possible that the ball rides the flipper more consistently with less force of impact?

FYI. I lowered my bottom flippers to 24 last night and they feel great and zero airballs so far. Kept the upper at 26 (which I believe is default) for more juice around the loop to the garage.

#15171 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Possible that the ball rides the flipper more consistently with less force of impact?
FYI. I lowered my bottom flippers to 24 last night and they feel great and zero airballs so far. Kept the upper at 26 (which I believe is default) for more juice around the loop to the garage.

Isn't the default for upper 20?

I'm going to play around with the power settings, but strange how the lower power has increased the success and strength of that left ramp shot!?!?

#15172 2 years ago

Nothing technical to report - but just happy that I had a Moonmen mode yesterday where I hit a lot of sparkly shots got to the end without draining so Rick could yell at me! Yay!

#15173 2 years ago

Put up my second best score last saturday. Some nights R&M beats me up, some nights things just click!

IMG_20210722_135332 (resized).jpgIMG_20210722_135332 (resized).jpg
#15174 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Put up my second best score last saturday. Some nights R&M beats me up, some nights things just click!
[quoted image]

Damn!

Very nice.

How many megaseeds did shove up your butt?

Did you get that score while streaming? If so can you add the link?

#15175 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Always last the last 2 digits of the score.

#15176 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Always last the last 2 digits of the score.

I knew that…

#15177 2 years ago

Damn!
Very nice.
Did you get that score while streaming? If so can you add the link?

Yeah, got that on stream. Starts about 1:15, will highlight that game when we get the chance

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1090072044

Though my best game was 225+ w/ 50 megaseeds

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1040224032

#15178 2 years ago

I'm having trouble with my lower right flipper blowing a fuse. I lowered the pulse to 26 and it seems better, it. I can play longer before it blows. In coil test it seems just fine. I think it happens when I flip in more of a frenzy, ie. multiballl. I know others have ha a similar problem, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I had a ball hang up on the apron. I think based on some pictures I've seen, I'm missing some padding/spacers....
20210722_191319 (resized).jpg20210722_191319 (resized).jpg

#15179 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I'm having trouble with my lower right flipper blowing a fuse. I lowered the pulse to 26 and it seems better, it. I can play longer before it blows. In coil test it seems just fine. I think it happens when I flip in more of a frenzy, ie. multiballl. I know others have ha a similar problem, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, I had a ball hang up on the apron. I think based on some pictures I've seen, I'm missing some padding/spacers....
[quoted image]

Get a multimeter and compare the resistance (ohms setting) of your right flipper coil to the left. May have a bad coil.

#15180 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

Mine stuck out like that. I simply removed the apron, unscrewed them and remounted them a little further back.

I also rounded the edge off, but that’s probably unnecessary. I’m just always trying to eliminate ball sticking areas, because it’s a pain during tournaments when I have stop what I’m doing (generally playing my own game) to remove stuck balls.

No way the ball can get stuck on this.

rd

C29BB1CF-D6E1-4060-9C49-C4216E04B591 (resized).jpegC29BB1CF-D6E1-4060-9C49-C4216E04B591 (resized).jpeg
#15181 2 years ago

I just had my very best ball 1, followed by possibly the worst ball 2 and 3 in pinball history!

PXL_20210723_055011686 (resized).jpgPXL_20210723_055011686 (resized).jpgPXL_20210723_055410608 (resized).jpgPXL_20210723_055410608 (resized).jpg
#15182 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

[quoted image]

Also notice your playfield looks to be all the way to the right in the cabinet. Big gap on the left side?

Look out none of the flipper switches contact any playfield bits like the launch plunger. Just something that might be worth a check. There isn't alot of spare room in there.

#15183 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Mine stuck out like that. I simply removed the apron, unscrewed them and remounted them a little further back.
I also rounded the edge off, but that’s probably unnecessary. I’m just always trying to eliminate ball sticking areas, because it’s a pain during tournaments when I have stop what I’m doing (generally playing my own game) to remove stuck balls.
No way the ball can get stuck on this.
rd[quoted image]

I thought about doing something like that but I've also seen images like this one from ipdb. I assume this wasn't OEM?

RaM Apron (resized).jpgRaM Apron (resized).jpg
#15184 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also notice your playfield looks to be all the way to the right in the cabinet. Big gap on the left side?
Look out none of the flipper switches contact any playfield bits like the launch plunger. Just something that might be worth a check. There isn't alot of spare room in there.

I've checked it a couple of times and I thought I had plenty of clearance there but... I had played a lot without blowing the fuse and then I moved the playfield around a bit messing with the ball hang-up I had on the apron and promptly blew the fuse... hmmmmmm... I'll recheck the switches again tonight.

#15185 2 years ago

GENERAL CURIOSITY (Re: Shooter Lane Wireform):

I was just on the Pinballife site and checking out the new shooter lane wireform. In the description it says:

"Spooky made 2 different versions of the original shooter lane wireform. This upgraded wireform will replace both versions."

Does anybody know how the first two versions differed? Is this why I've had no issues (knock on wood) while others couldn't make that switch fast enough?

#15186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get a multimeter and compare the resistance (ohms setting) of your right flipper coil to the left. May have a bad coil.

The coil was going to be the next thing I was going to check. I was just going to swap the left an right coil to see if the problem moved with the coil. But first, tonight I'm going to recheck the switch stack for shorts AGAIN.

#15187 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I was just on the Pinballife site and checking out the new shooter lane wireform. In the description it says:
"Spooky made 2 different versions of the original shooter lane wireform. This upgraded wireform will replace both versions."
Does anybody know how the first two versions differed? Is this why I've had no issues (knock on wood) while others couldn't make that switch fast enough?

My guess is the versions are purple and black, BSE and Standard.

#15188 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

My guess is the versions are purple and black, BSE and Standard.

I was wondering about that too!

#15189 2 years ago

Don't know if someone has done these yet...

PXL_20210722_235251939.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_235251939.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_235255482.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_235255482.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_235259966 (resized).jpgPXL_20210722_235259966 (resized).jpg
#15190 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I believe the two versions were more or less the same but one used two screws and the later one just used one. When I replaced my #736 standard with the new wire form my old only used one screw. I had to drill a new hole in the side rail for the new and put the Mr. Poopy Butthole "hat" in my old hole.

#15191 2 years ago
Quoted from mjthompson:

I thought about doing something like that but I've also seen images like this one from ipdb. I assume this wasn't OEM?[quoted image]

Number #144 here...mine looks like that from the factory.

#15192 2 years ago

Shout out to Aurich.

R&M.pdfR&M.pdf
#15193 2 years ago
Quoted from sheahan2:

Don't know if someone has done these yet...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

docquest includes a cool set of these with the pickle Rick plastic. Also don't forget to SQUANCH the ball!
1D5700EA-304F-402C-9B58-F00F608DD874 (resized).jpeg1D5700EA-304F-402C-9B58-F00F608DD874 (resized).jpeg

#15194 2 years ago

Maybe I'm the last in the world, but since yesterday I'm a member of this club too.

Waited more than 1,5 years for this day.

20210724_112410 (resized).jpg20210724_112410 (resized).jpg20210724_112426 (resized).jpg20210724_112426 (resized).jpg20210724_112435 (resized).jpg20210724_112435 (resized).jpg20210724_115750 (resized).jpg20210724_115750 (resized).jpg
#15195 2 years ago

Congratulations,the game is special!

#15196 2 years ago

Maybe you guys can help with this issue...

Recently my A/C condenser caused a power surge in my home while I was playing R&M.

I was able to play another game after I rebooted but when I returned to play later that night it wouldn't start a game.

I ran a coil test and the coils that won't fire are the right flipper, right sling, ball launcher and also the start button won't work.

I've tested the resistance on all the coils and checked continuity on the 4 fuses in the head of the game.

I'm assuming something got fried but also I was able to play a game or 2 after the surge so maybe that's just a coincidence.

#15197 2 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Recently my A/C condenser caused a power surge in my home while I was playing R&M.
I was able to play another game after I rebooted but when I returned to play later that night it wouldn't start a game.
I ran a coil test and the coils that won't fire are the right flipper, right sling, ball launcher and also the start button won't work.
I've tested the resistance on all the coils and checked continuity on the 4 fuses in the head of the game.
I'm assuming something got fried but also I was able to play a game or 2 after the surge so maybe that's just a coincidence.

Could be a loose wire connection.

Trace the wires from those components to the connectors and check for a loosened or disconnected connector.

A/c issue probably just a coincidence.

#15198 2 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

Did you check the fuses OUT of the holder? Those symptoms match a blown fuse on board 2. Test your knocker and shaker, they should be out, too.

#15199 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the fuses OUT of the holder? Those symptoms match a blown fuse on board 2. Test your knocker and shaker, they should be out, too.

Yes I removed them and the knocker and shaker work fine as well. Im guessing part of the components on the board are toast

#15200 2 years ago

Could be a loose wire connection.
Trace the wires from those components to the connectors and check for a loosened or disconnected connector.
A/c issue probably just a coincidence.

Pretty sure those issues trace back to this connector

16271517111784974918720245286605 (resized).jpg16271517111784974918720245286605 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/304?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.