(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 405.
#15101 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Tap on the glass with your finger and find where the glass rattles. Then address those specific areas. For me, the wire wrap/fuzzy/anti-rattle tape at along the ends of the glass, plus 3 trimmed zip-tie ends under the glass channel each side completely eliminated any possible rattle for me. I like it so much, all my games now get this same treatment.

Quoted from rockrand:

"

I would suggest moving the weighs on the shaker also,that contributes to a lot of rattling also,I moved the weights and then taped the glass and turn down the sub in the amp,that should do it!

Thanks will try this!
Awesome to find such a helpful owners club!!! <3

Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there plastic guides in the channels? Was that forgotten? You seem to have extreme play in the glass.

We have the plastic channels, side rails towards backbox just seem very "loose" since there are a bit of distance between screws.

#15102 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You might be surprised at how many people here are on your side. But to say there wasn’t a problem with the flippers on this game is disingenuous.
I’ve owned many machines and played hundreds more. R&M, hands down, had the worst flipper problems I have ever come across. Thank you for working with the hardware manufacturer in finding a solution. Moving on…..
Edit - I’m also a software engineer …. I get it.

Yep (and I'm a retired/refugee software engineer as well).

My lower flippers work well now. The upper flipper is still weak/wonky, but doesn't detract much...just isn't great.

#15103 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I’m not saying there wasn’t reason to complain before. His suggestion was “just turn the power down after x” to control heat. But if you have players holding up the flipper in anticipation of a ball, or just because they do that by habit, they’re going to pass x, it will be weak, and then they’ll have problems and will be calling out for a fix. I was just trying to say his idea isn’t as great as it might seem when you have to consider how other people might play.

So, why couldn’t it be an option? Those other people can just not turn the option on. And it wasn't just "after x," it was if no switch has been triggered in so long, as well. Like I said, at some point it's pretty obvious that the ball must be trapped.

This is like when my ideas for WOZ were dismissed out of hand all over again. Dunno why I bother. Meanwhile, if I came up with some pricey hardware solution, I'd be a hero.

#15104 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So, why couldn’t it be an option? Those other people can just not turn the option on. And it wasn't just "after x," it was if no switch has been triggered in so long, as well. Like I said, at some point it's pretty obvious that the ball must be trapped.
This is like when my ideas for WOZ were dismissed out of hand all over again. Dunno why I bother. Meanwhile, if I came up with some pricey hardware solution, I'd be a hero.

Man, you should let this go. You said your piece. Brow beating someone with your opinion over and over again won't change any minds. If you really can't find peace with this (like with something in the past on WOZ??) I suggest you write your own flipper code, validate it on a PROC test rig, take measurements and submit your solution to Spooky tech support.

My unsolicited opinion is that as the control code sits today, flipper behavior is as good as it ever has been. There may be coil heat built up as a trade off. Fans have proven to be an effective mitigation. It may not be perfect, but I am perfectly happy. If each owner would get a vote, I would say; leave the flippers alone and use every last second of remaining coding time on adding more game content and squashing the last few bugs.

#15105 2 years ago

My 2c ...

We had a 50 person tournament here last night. 4 player groups, three strikes.

Rick and Marty (as we call it) was in every round 6pm to 11pm.

I played it around 11pm in one of the last remaining groups. Flippers were fine ... still cranking up the left ramp no problems.

Game is on stock code (no adjustments) - I did put washers under the flipper mechs to lower them (which did make them shoot better) until our new bushings arrive.

Although it kicks everyone’s ass, people love the game.

rd
1CEDA6C1-DC9A-4DE4-A7EB-3D864EED0B64 (resized).jpeg1CEDA6C1-DC9A-4DE4-A7EB-3D864EED0B64 (resized).jpeg

#15106 2 years ago

This is like when my ideas for WOZ were dismissed out of hand all over again. Dunno why I bother.

We don't know why you bother either. But please stop.

Eric finally starts posting here again, and he is immediately greeted with you hounding his ass. Well done.

#15107 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We don't know why you bother either. But please stop.
Eric finally starts posting here again, and he is immediately greeted with you hounding his ass. Well done.

Yeah, a couple people seem determined to beat a dead horse because... reasons? I hope Eric puts them on ignore.

My perspective is pretty close to RotorDave's: On Jul 3 - just a few weeks after setting up our NIB game - we hosted an all-day open house. R&M was the natural star and while it wasn't subjected to a "tournament gauntlet beat down", it was played pretty steadily from 1 to 10 pm. Yet as I played one of the last games of the night to explain the rules to a late guest, the flippers were working fine. In fact, it was the shooter wireform that apparently became troublesome at some point during the day, but the game compensates for that.

Now of course before the party, I'd adjusted the flipper height with shims and new bushings, running the May 18 code on default power settings - with the exception of me turning HOLD power to LOW. I'd paid particular attention to the lower right flipper's crank/pawl/plunger/spring alignments to keep heat minimal: even so it still runs hotter than the others, but never once have I had a knockdown or flutter. Since getting it right, I've not experienced fade (and even before then, when I did perceive occasional weakness, I found that letting the animations and such play through (instead of skipping them) was enough to let the coil cool off).

The flippers on this game might need more attention than some, which is unfortunate, but they CAN now be made proper for free. So here's the thing: a few months ago, the griping was justified. The guys that did the bulk of it had fair points. And Spooky and Eric and even Gerry/Multimorphic copped up to it! Gerry explained the workings and limitations of P3, Spooky admitted the eff-up on the bushings, and Eric posted a long but very clear technical explainer of how all his various code revisions attempted to address the issues with mixed success until he finally got it more or less "right". Could it be better? Perhaps... I mean things can always be "better" right? Even WMS kept changing things. Should the old dual-wound systems have been carried forward on this game? Perhaps - but that's hindsight. Every new system / idea / implementation has its tradeoffs and bugs. I'm sure Spooky has learned a ton but I do wonder how many gremlins are lurking in their "Stacked and Loaded" super-meched Halloween and Ultraman? R&M ironed out some bugs for those titles, I'm certain. And yet even so, the Pinotaur board is an enigma whose own quirks and limitations are not yet known. Maybe in a year people will be wishing they'd stuck with P3 - who can say? (And while some rave about Spike's flipper handling, plenty others hate Spike for other justifiable reasons). No pinball game or system is ever perfect: PinWiki is proof of that!

When it comes to R&M I sincerely appreciate the efforts of all involved from Spooky and Eric, to this community. When I post my own constructive gripes and observations, it's not from a place of infallibility - I understand how the best of intentions and seemingly clever/cheap shortcuts can sometimes backfire. What's important is learning what worked and didn't - and Spooky has stepped to acknowledge and improve what they can. If things can be made better code-wise for R&M I am sure they will in due time. Continuing to bitch about the same old stuff that's been addressed in good faith and mostly solved, just to say "I told you so", is just bad Jerrying.

#15108 2 years ago

Portal Start Button and Rick/Summer/Beth characters now available at PMC

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/portal-start-button
https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/jerry-summer-beth-playfield-characters

StartPortalButtonLit (resized).jpgStartPortalButtonLit (resized).jpgStartPortalButton (resized).jpgStartPortalButton (resized).jpgJSB_Close (resized).pngJSB_Close (resized).pngJSB (resized).jpgJSB (resized).jpg
#15109 2 years ago

Rick & Morty have a scene in Space Jam 2, if ya can’t get enough of them!

#15110 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

has anyone built a box for the sub on their R&M? seems this 10' sub is too large for this machine to handle ( I use 8 in on all my other machines and it seems the correct size for them). I'm curiouis if an enclosed box would make a lot of the rattle go away?
I sure would like to get me one of those......

I thought the speaker edge foam was supposed to take care of this?

Honestly, I put zip ties in, and that was quite the improvement for awhile, but after many times of having to pull the glass off they don't work as well anymore. I haven't put tape on or anything else yet..just dealt with it. I don't tend to turn it up that loud anyway...but at some point...

#15111 2 years ago

Magic glass is that much thicker, makes quite a tight fit if you need a reason to spend $200.

#15112 2 years ago

R&M make a cameo appearance in the new space jam movie

#15113 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Rickdependent Spray was so funny , laughed my ass off .
Can't wait to see how they code this in .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wait till you see Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion, season high point for me. Even better for a mode. Great nod and wink towards Japanese anime and scifi, fits in with Ultraman in that sense too. Great Godfather takeoff too.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15114 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Portal Start Button and Rick/Summer/Beth characters now available at PMC
https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/portal-start-button
https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/jerry-summer-beth-playfield-characters

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Careful you aren't creating a ball trap there. I threw a few meeseeks on that plastic randomly at first until an airball got stuck there, had to move them around a little to allow a route for the ball to get out.

#15115 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Wait till you see Gotron Jerrysis Rickvangelion, season high point for me. Even better for a mode. Great nod and wink towards Japanese anime and scifi, fits in with Ultraman in that sense too. Great Godfather takeoff too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where are you watching them ?

#15116 2 years ago

It's time to let the flipper discussion die. They are fine now. Adjust the EOS switches, install the new bushings or X spacers, and make sure they are aligned correctly. If you are having heat issues (which doesn't seem to impact everyone), buy fans. In the current pinball market I'm sure you'll make up the cost of the fans if you decide to sell the game. My 2 cents.

#15117 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Careful you aren't creating a ball trap there. I threw a few meeseeks on that plastic randomly at first until an airball got stuck there, had to move them around a little to allow a route for the ball to get out.

Yeah, we spent a non-small amount of time making sure the ball wouldn't get caught.

#15118 2 years ago

Yeah, you guys are right, the programmer is never wrong, an idea I have might sound great but for all I know they already tried it and several similar tweaks and it didn't work, I should have learned my lesson with WOZ and Keefer. Those guys have a lot on their plate and even though I'm a programmer from way back, I probably have no clue how convoluted and confusing juggling everything going on can be inside a pin's brains, especially one masterfully coded for several different things going on at once!

I don't think making a suggestion is "hounding" however. I guess everyone but me likes being blown off. Putting thought into something and risking ridicule and getting a big "pffft!" in response is no fun.

Also, I could not be happier with my own flippers at present. I was trying to be helpful to those with heat problems. Just trying to help make the best game ever even better. I must learn to tone down the cynicism, but all the guy had to do was say he'd think about it.

#15119 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yeah, we spent a non-small amount of time making sure the ball wouldn't get caught.

A couple of the air balls I had the other day would Definately have ended up hung up behind those figures and the crystal, 100%.

With no figures (factory), bounced of a left ramp entry from upper flipper (20 pwr) with a slight amount of air, hit side of cabinet half way up to glass from playfield, rolled down over rick and morty on the plastic... crystal flasher then let it roll off the plastic back onto playfield as it appears to be designed to do.

Can not assume balls will not go behind there. They will. Oh yes, they will. lol

#15120 2 years ago

Yeah, you guys are right, the programmer is never wrong

Glad we agree!

Next time make it an email.

#15121 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I get them on my NAS, which uses the Sonarr app. Got Amortycan Grickfitti to watch in a min.

#15122 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I get them on my NAS, which uses the Sonarr app. Got Amortycan Grickfitti to watch in a min.

I just watched that one , spoiler alert , mortys door knob is not a virgin
They must be going in a different order on Netflix .

#15123 2 years ago

Also, I could not be happier with my own flippers at present.

#15124 2 years ago

#15125 2 years ago

The hypocrisy of you thinking your post is any better. STFU. SMH.

You people are on some mighty high horses. Get the fuck out of here telling others what to talk about. It's all on topic, whether you agree with it or not. One dude writes a book, and he doesn't even get the details correct and you upvote it. If you are going to talk down to others, you might want to do your research before telling everyone else 'what happened'. Really some of you are pretty co-dependent. It isn't up to you to tell others what people can talk about. We all know the only reason you even care is because you're scared. That is...simply pathetic.

Back to your grovelling.

EDIT: Oh wait. You don't like it? Take it to PM. AMIRITE?

#15126 2 years ago

...the fuck?

#15127 2 years ago
snap.gifsnap.gif
#15128 2 years ago

It's really not that difficult, but let me say it in a less emotional way.

On one hand you have some trying to promote conversation and asking questions. It's not a matter of if you agree with the conversation or even if they are correct in what is being said. There is no rudeness or ill intent.

On the other hand you have a bunch of people trying to shut down the conversation and posting 'their agreement' parroting what others have said of said shutting down with posts that contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, only that 'they don't want others to talk about it'.

There's only 1 reason this is happening, and frankly, it's about scaring off Eric. He's an adult, he can choose to respond or not. If you don't want to talk about flippers, don't. No need for a page and a half of people saying "yeah, don't talk about flippers". Or my least favorite. "<insert number of posts here> and no one is talking about what I want to talk about." If you don't like the discussion, check it and be on your way....(this happens in every thread it seems). You add absolutely nothing to the conversation, but decide to post your dismay anyway.

The fact is there are a lot of very intelligent people on this forum. There is no reason to shut down the line of technical questions being discussed. The reason it even came up again was because someone had issues and asked. I do think Eric has misjudged the patrons of this forum as every day bar visitors rather than the plethora of programmers, engineers, and other people with long histories with the inner workings of pinball that frequent here.

*note: 'you' is generalized

#15129 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's really not that difficult, but let me say it in a less emotional way.
On one hand you have some trying to promote conversation and asking questions. It's not a matter of if you agree with the conversation or even if they are correct in what is being said. There is no rudeness or ill intent.
On the other hand you have a bunch of people trying to shut down the conversation and posting 'their agreement' parroting what others have said of said shutting down with posts that contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation, only that 'they don't want others to talk about it'.
There's only 1 reason this is happening, and frankly, it's about scaring off Eric. He's an adult, he can choose to respond or not. If you don't want to talk about flippers, don't. No need for a page and a half of people saying "yeah, don't talk about flippers". Or my least favorite. "<insert number of posts here> and no one is talking about what I want to talk about." If you don't like the discussion, check it and be on your way....(this happens in every thread it seems). You add absolutely nothing to the conversation, but decide to post your dismay anyway).
The fact is there are a lot of very intelligent people on this forum. There is no reason to shut down the line of technical questions being discussed. The reason it even came up again was because someone had issues and asked. I do think Eric has misjudged the patrons of this forum as every day bar visitors rather than the plethora of programmers, engineers, and other people with long histories with the inner workings of pinball that reside here.
*note: 'you' is generalized

Quoted from Zablon:

The hypocrisy of you thinking your post is any better. STFU. SMH.
You people are on some mighty high horses. Get the fuck out of here telling others what to talk about. It's all on topic, whether you agree with it or not. One dude writes a book, and he doesn't even get the details correct and you upvote it. If you are going to talk down to others, you might want to do your research before telling everyone else 'what happened'. Really some of you are pretty co-dependent. It isn't up to you to tell others what people can talk about. We all know the only reason you even care is because you're scared. That is...simply pathetic.
Back to your grovelling.
EDIT: Oh wait. You don't like it? Take it to PM. AMIRITE?

Not disagreeing with you, but aren't you doing exactly the same thing that you are telling people not to do? Some folks have posted their "dismay" at the topic and part of your response was "STFU". I am pretty sure that your suggestions of moving on and ignoring the part you don't agree with works on both sides.

Just saying... It seems hypocritical to try and shut down those on the other side of the coin by using the argument that people should not be shutting down others. But such is life and the world we now live in. Everyone has their own polarizing agenda and no one can find middle ground anymore.

#15130 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not disagreeing with you, but aren't you doing exactly the same thing that you are telling people not to do? Some folks have posted their "dismay" at the topic and part of your response was "STFU". I am pretty sure that your suggestions of moving on and ignoring the part you don't agree with works on both sides.
Just saying... It seems hypocritical to try and shut down those on the other side of the coin by using the argument that people should not be shutting down others. But such is life and the world we now live in. Everyone has their own polarizing agenda and no one can find middle ground anymore.

Well of course it is, that was the point. You have people basically telling people to shut up while they add nothing to the conversation. You have a bunch of people going all mob mentality. I am completely aware of the hypocrisy in me adding that. I already assumed someone would call it out. Should we all just start telling everyone not to talk about anything? That's the crux of it all. How is people complaining about (flippers) any different than people complaining about the people complaining about (flippers). The major difference is in the cases that we are talking about is the ones asking are actually constructive, while the ones trying to shut it down are not. A case of the 'doesn't matter to me, so stop talking about it.

#15131 2 years ago

Moving on and even as a non-owner, I am curious if only one more adventure could be added, what is a 'must have'?

#15132 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Moving on and even as a non-owner, I am curious if only one more adventure could be added, what is a 'must have'?

Slut Dragon!

#15133 2 years ago

Snake Jazz dimension would be great too

#15134 2 years ago

Vat of Acid would be my choice! It won an Emmy after all.

#15135 2 years ago

As stated, a snake jazz dimension, and a slut dragon mode would be at the top of my list. Or, at a keep summer safe mode would be great too.

#15137 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As stated, a snake jazz dimension, and a slut dragon mode would be at the top of my list. Or, at a keep summer safe mode would be great too.

Keep summer safe would be epic... Such a great episode.

#15138 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Vat of Acid would be my choice! It won an Emmy after all.

How would that work as a mode though? Not saying it can't, just that I'm not sure how you would do it.

#15139 2 years ago

Yes, Keep Summer Safe is top of my list.

#15140 2 years ago

Heist Off from Season 4 would be awesome!

#15141 2 years ago

Snake Jazz dimension would be awesome.

#15142 2 years ago

Absolutely 3 of the best episodes, very deserving of being in the pinball.

Slut Dragon
Vat of Acid
Jazz Snakes

#15143 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I get them on NAS, which uses the Sonarr app.

Quoted from screaminr:

I just watched that one , spoiler alert , mortys door knob is not a virgin
They must be going in a different order on Netflix .

Yeah of course, I forget about local Netflix differences as I have mine working off US DNS in all my devices. In my program order I can see Aus Netflix is the same as US as in this weeks episode, then comes the Gotron episode next week as scheduled.

#15144 2 years ago

Hi again,

Thanks for the tips on the rattling glass. Now its not rattling anymore. Just one ”issue” remains, speakers does a ”small poof sound when game is turned off. Anyone know why?
Thanks!

#15145 2 years ago
Quoted from XatchieS:

Hi again,
Thanks for the tips on the rattling glass. Now its not rattling anymore. Just one ”issue” remains, speakers does a ”small poof sound when game is turned off. Anyone know why?
Thanks!

Leftover power in the power amp gets sent to the speakers on shutdown, causing a popping sound. Not a problem as far as I know. You could reach in the coin door and turn off the amp first if you wanted to do so.

I’d also ask the question of does it sound any different than the pops when you turn the game on?

#15146 2 years ago

Speaking of the turning off...anyone notice Rick gets ready to say 'what the hell is wrong with this morty?!' when you shut the game off? (He only gets one syllable out).

#15147 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of the turning off...anyone notice Rick gets ready to say 'what the hell is wrong with this morty?!' when you shut the game off? (He only gets one syllable out).

Yes...not every time though.

#15148 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Leftover power in the power amp gets sent to the speakers on shutdown, causing a popping sound. Not a problem as far as I know. You could reach in the coin door and turn off the amp first if you wanted to do so.
I’d also ask the question of does it sound any different than the pops when you turn the game on?

Okey that maybe explains it. If I go to it in the morning(being off all night) it still poof with intervals. Like its a pulsating power going in at intervals. Was so even Bern like that since first boot. Not annoying mostly afraid there is something damaging in the time being.

Edit: its less loud than at start up.

#15149 2 years ago

I thought I saw an options setting in the service menu.
No poof
Small poof
Big poof.

#15150 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I thought I saw an options setting in the service menu.
No poof
Small poof
Big poof.

Haha funny, wish it were no but any recommendation would be apprecciated

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
10,500 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/303?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.