(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 405.
#14951 2 years ago

Hi. Have game 508 BSE and just got it installed in basement. Code is from before May 2021 build. 3 games in and the upper right flipper started to be intermittent with flipping. Sometimes it flipped when pressed and not other times. By game 6 it barely flipped at all. The lower right flipper was 100% fine. Had family over and no time to diagnose but any clues/tips what to check for would be appreciated???

#14952 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Have game 508 BSE and just got it installed in basement. Code is from before May 2021 build. 3 games in and the upper right flipper started to be intermittent with flipping. Sometimes it flipped when pressed and not other times. By game 6 it barely flipped at all. The lower right flipper was 100% fine. Had family over and no time to diagnose but any clues/tips what to check for would be appreciated???

I would start by adjusting the cabinet flipper switchstack and setting the EOS to close closer to the end of the stroke.

My right side cabinet flipper switch had shifted a bit during shipping. Got it aligned, tightened and adjusted and haven't had much for issues since.

#14953 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What he said, plus get the latest code on it.

#14954 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

With Halloween and Ultraman being released (I am in on Ultraman CE), how long will it be until we see another pin designed by TheNoTrashCougar?

Oooh great question man. I know Scott was doing audio for the next P3 game and while I appreciate Elwin games, Scott’s games are way more interesting to me and I’m stoked for game 3. Also, please run 1 TNA 2.0 for me before you start Halloween and Ultraman.

#14955 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Oooh great question man. I know Scott was doing audio for the next P3 game and while I appreciate Elwin games, Scott’s games are way more interesting to me and I’m stoked for game 3. Also, please run 1 TNA 2.0 for me before you start Halloween and Ultraman.

I second that I would also be in for a TNA 2.0. Scott’s designs are excellent.

#14956 2 years ago

Would anyone be so kind as to shoot me a video recording of their ship post test running on the stock Lexan cut spring? I want to ensure my new dangler gives a very similar amount of waggle . TY in advance!

#14957 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Would anyone be so kind as to shoot me a video recording of their ship post test running on the stock Lexan cut spring? I want to ensure my new dangler gives a very similar amount of waggle
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3fbb2252b032bef3f5598522005056320c60f211-1625894702-1800"};
//]]>

. TY in advance!

Skip to end. Thats the original plastic without reliefs. Cleared 1000 plays long ago.

#14958 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I would start by adjusting the cabinet flipper switchstack and setting the EOS to close closer to the end of the stroke.
My right side cabinet flipper switch had shifted a bit during shipping. Got it aligned, tightened and adjusted and haven't had much for issues since.

No EOS on the upper flipper but yes, the leaf-switch stack on the right side can be wonky. Replacing mine with a different one soon.

#14959 2 years ago

Well, I've got a problem. The launch ball button and both right flippers aren't working. Played a few games tonight and it just stopped. I've spent the past few hours chasing wires, but I can't find the source of the problem.

Anyone else experience this issue? Everything is plugged in, so I have no idea what's going on. Not sure if it will help, but here's some pics of the wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated!

20210710_020445.jpg20210710_020445.jpg
20210710_020452.jpg20210710_020452.jpg
20210710_020408.jpg20210710_020408.jpg
20210710_020501.jpg20210710_020501.jpg

#14960 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Well, I've got a problem. The launch ball button and both right flippers aren't working. Played a few games tonight and it just stopped. I've spent the past few hours chasing wires, but I can't find the source of the problem.
Anyone else experience this issue? Everything is plugged in, so I have no idea what's going on. Not sure if it will help, but here's some pics of the wiring. Any help is greatly appreciated!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Both right flippers
Right sling
Anti-grav magnet
Are all grouped together. Does the left sling work, but not the right?

Check the fuses on the board in the backbox. Sounds like one is blown.
Spooky-cpu_board-close (resized).jpgSpooky-cpu_board-close (resized).jpg

#14961 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the fuses on the board in the backbox.
[quoted image]

Slightly different board, but the idea is correct.

rd

#14962 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Slightly different board, but the idea is correct.
rd

Haha. I really need to organize my spooky board pictures. That's a Rob Zombie, right?

But yeah, pretty sure this is a blown fuse, especially since the problem coils are grouped together.

#14963 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. I really need to organize my spooky board pictures. That's a Rob Zombie, right?
But yeah, pretty sure this is a blown fuse, especially since the problem coils are grouped together.

Yeah, first Gen PinHeck from all games before TNA.

TNA, ACNC, ACNC = PROC

Halloween and UltraGuy = New Pinheck AKA Pinataur.

rd

#14964 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Both right flippers
Right sling
Anti-grav magnet
Are all grouped together. Does the left sling work, but not the right?
Check the fuses on the board in the backbox. Sounds like one is blown.
[quoted image]

Thank you very much for the help! It might be a blown fuse, there's one that doesn't look like the others (#4 in the pic, lower right corner).

20210710_022503.jpg20210710_022503.jpg

Here it is compared to another fuse, possible problem fuse on the right:

20210710_023250.jpg20210710_023250.jpg

The fuse on the left is a single wire with a ball in the middle, the one on the right is a twisted wire and the wire is still connected.

#14965 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Skip to end. Thats the original plastic without reliefs. Cleared 1000 plays long ago.

Excellent! Thank you so much! I cannot believe you got 1000 plays out of the factory one!! No changes in power or anything?

#14966 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Thank you very much for the help! It might be a blown fuse, there's one that doesn't look like the others (#4 in the pic, lower right corner).
[quoted image]
Here it is compared to another fuse, possible problem fuse on the right:
[quoted image]
The fuse on the left is a single wire with a ball in the middle, the one on the right is a twisted wire and the wire is still connected.

The fuse on the right looks blown visually, but you could test it with a cheap multimeter if you have one.

#14967 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The fuse on the right looks blown visually, but you could test it with a cheap multimeter if you have one.

Thank you for the info! I don't have a multimeter, so can't test it. I could probably swap the fuses around and see what happens. This is my first and only pinball machine, sooooo it's a learning process, lol. Going to Google search for some pinball machine fuses now!

#14968 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

This is my first and only pinball machine, sooooo it's a learning process,

Get a multimeter tomorrow.

A basic one will do. Just make sure it has “continuity test”

You hold one lead on each end of the fuse to test it. A good fuse will beep (show continuity) and a bad fuse will not. Can’t use your eyes.

Every pinballer should have a meter, a soldering iron, solder, nut driver set. Good list to start.

rd

#14969 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

Thank you for the info! I don't have a multimeter, so can't test it. I could probably swap the fuses around and see what happens. This is my first and only pinball machine, sooooo it's a learning process, lol. Going to Google search for some pinball machine fuses now!

You definitely need a multimeter if you're going to have a pinball machine. Get a good fluke and never need to buy another. The 117 is very handy at about $200.

https://www.fluke-direct.com/product/fluke-117-digital-multimeter-with-non-contact-voltage

You need SLO BLOW (also called Timed) fuses, NOT fast blow. I don't know what the rating on those is, but probably something like 3 amp (it says on the metal band on the end of the fuse.

#14970 2 years ago
Quoted from USMCSGT0331:

If you want to test it now and have a piece of wire, a small LED, and a 9 volt battery, make a simple circuit to turn on the bulb. Verify bulb turns on. Insert fuse into circuit. If light bulb no longer works the fuse is blown.

#14971 2 years ago

5th Episode
10th July 2021

Spooky's Rick & Morty

#14972 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Get a multimeter tomorrow.
A basic one will do. Just make sure it has “continuity test”
You hold one lead on each end of the fuse to test it. A good fuse will beep (show continuity) and a bad fuse will not. Can’t use your eyes.
Every pinballer should have a meter, a soldering iron, solder, nut driver set. Good list to start.
rd

And don’t forget a lot of disposable income…

#14973 2 years ago

Looks like I still have some headroom and width, going to try to go a little bigger. Screw holes line up well

20210710_112846 (resized).jpg20210710_112846 (resized).jpg
#14974 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Thank you guys, I am not quitting pinball stuff any time soon. <3

--Scott

#14975 2 years ago

I will check one last time, I had printed some x spacers for the flippers but the new bushings came in before I got around to installing them. I installed the bushings instead so if anyone wants a free set of Xspacers, let me know

#14976 2 years ago

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for balls getting hard-wedged behind the Meeseeks target?
I thought I had this fixed already (by squaring up that metal bracket behind the upper flipper) but repeated ball hits to the bracket have just caused it to re-bend and now the balls are getting wedged behind the Meeseeks target again.

Rather than re-bending (and further weakening) this metal bracket - I thought I should ask: Has anyone tried (and succeeded) in fixing this yet?

Seems like the following are viable options:

1. Use a stronger bracket
2. Use a slightly longer bracket
3. Move the current bracket over slightly (drill two new holes)
3. Insert a post between bracket and Meeseeks target (drill one new hole)

Thoughts or ideas?

#14977 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Thoughts or ideas?

I've been wondering if just adding a wedge shaped piece of plastic to the back of the target, with some epoxy, would keep a ball from getting in there deep enough to jam?

Might just end up throwing a mini post in there, though.

#14978 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for balls getting hard-wedged behind the Meeseeks target?
I thought I had this fixed already (by squaring up that metal bracket behind the upper flipper) but repeated ball hits to the bracket have just caused it to re-bend and now the balls are getting wedged behind the Meeseeks target again.
Rather than re-bending (and further weakening) this metal bracket - I thought I should ask: Has anyone tried (and succeeded) in fixing this yet?
Thoughts or ideas?

6 months ago I did this (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/190#post-6046236) and it hasn't gotten wedged once since then. I believe this is your Solution #3 above.

#14979 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I've been wondering if just adding a wedge shaped piece of plastic to the back of the target, with some epoxy, would keep a ball from getting in there deep enough to jam?
Might just end up throwing a mini post in there, though.

Mini post with a 3/8 OD rubber on it would probably be best. You could also try and move the target slightly to the left a bit first.

Mini Post: https://www.pinballlife.com/1-716-tall-metal-post-with-cutaway-with-wood-screw-base.html
Rubber: https://www.pinballlife.com/perfectplay-38-od-silicone-mini-post-rubber.html

--Scott

#14980 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Thoughts or ideas?

I put one or two washers under one of the screws to tilt it slightly and close the gap. Works fine and easy as.

#14981 2 years ago

Awwe biiitch

scary_terry_ramp (resized).jpgscary_terry_ramp (resized).jpg
#14982 2 years ago

Doesn't seem right without his ball chin.

#14983 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Wondering if I could get away with a pair of balls that dangle that the ball hits without it slowing it down. I also don't like how the head is pointed down so I'm going to try to tilt it up.

#14984 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wondering if I could get away with a pair of balls that dangle that the ball hits without it slowing it down. I also don't like how the head is pointed down so I'm going to try to tilt it up.

Anyway you will be putting this on Thingiverse? I would love to print one.

#14985 2 years ago

The only thing I don’t like about my Rick and Morty is the “look at me I’m Mr. Meeseks” callouts.

Mr. Meeseks drives me crazy.

#14986 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

The only thing I don’t like about my Rick and Morty is the “look at me I’m Mr. Meeseks” callouts.
Mr. Meeseks drives me crazy.

Haha, but...that's the point

#14987 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Scale the head up a bit so it's edge to edge on the ramp, then use a printed vinyl sticker on the underside of the ramp with the chin and balls to close the visual gap and make the head look like it's swallowing the ramp.

#14988 2 years ago

I think I'm going to try creating a separate jaw piece that wraps underneath the ramp (including ball chin). That will also hide the wire going from one opto to the other.

#14989 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haha, but...that's the point

The awww yeahh Meseeks callout kills me every time. That was the episode of the show where it all clicked for me and I think Meseeks Mania is so well done, all the way down to the Jerry shot.

#14990 2 years ago

I think I got the waggle of the dangler working exactly like the stock solution.

I am really optimistic that this implementation will solve the problem completely. I am going to contact spooky and see if they would sell those playfield plastics without the holes cut in them .

#14991 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Anyway you will be putting this on Thingiverse? I would love to print one.

You're welcome to having my first revision from 2 days ago. I've spent a lot of hours this weekend making tweaks, when I'm happy with it I'll likely put it up for sale if anyone is interested. I think it's very close, I extended the upper lip width so it looks like his jaw is wrapping around the ramp. It's going to be tough to fit a chin underneath unless it's flattened. There's maybe 3/4" of space under the ramp before it hits plastic.

I model everything up in solidworks (to get a really good starting point, and I can accurately make holes), then I import it into a separate program to add texture and pull things organically.

scary_Terry_rev06 (resized).pngscary_Terry_rev06 (resized).png
#14992 2 years ago

I didn't see what awards the extra ball in the rule sheet, anyone know?

#14993 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I didn't see what awards the extra ball in the rule sheet, anyone know?

Visit 3 dimensions.

#14994 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Visit 3 dimensions.

And fill the stamp card. You get another EB there.

#14995 2 years ago

You can also set the special to award an EB for points.

#14996 2 years ago

On the EB topic, is there a way to dim or kill the EB light? Looked through the feature settings, but couldn’t find anything. It’s to bright for my liking.

#14997 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You're welcome to having my first revision from 2 days ago. I've spent a lot of hours this weekend making tweaks, when I'm happy with it I'll likely put it up for sale if anyone is interested. I think it's very close, I extended the upper lip width so it looks like his jaw is wrapping around the ramp. It's going to be tough to fit a chin underneath unless it's flattened. There's maybe 3/4" of space under the ramp before it hits plastic.
I model everything up in solidworks (to get a really good starting point, and I can accurately make holes), then I import it into a separate program to add texture and pull things organically.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I really think the only way completing the mouth and having the chin with balls is doing forced-perspective art on a vinyl sticker under the ramp. There's just not enough room to do an actual 3D part under the ramp.

#14998 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

On the EB topic, is there a way to dim or kill the EB light? Looked through the feature settings, but couldn’t find anything. It’s to bright for my liking.

Hah, I've been wanting to say the same thing as it is blindingly bright, but no one else mentioned it so I thought maybe I was just being a wuss

#14999 2 years ago

So I installed the new flipper bushings today... Wasn't too bad. I worked pretty slowly and it took me about two hours or so (was watching some tennis while doing it). Bottom right flipper was the trickiest for me...I had to remove the ball trough to get to it. I finally adjusted my EOS switches while I was at it. Flippers definitely feel better now, but I honestly wasn't having too many issues prior to the switch. Dead flips feel cleaner and more consistent after the change. I'm also having much better success hitting all the upper flipper shots.

One issue I continue to have (before and after the change) are air balls when shooting the right ramp with the left flipper. I know it's been mentioned here before, but I didn't see a key post for it (unless I missed it). What's the best solution for that? Thanks!!

#15000 2 years ago

I ground down the right side of the left flap rivet, any ball that hugs the left side caught air off of it. Right rivet doesn't seem as much in the way.

There is a ramp cover you can buy as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/300?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.