(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 hours ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 405.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Scratching my head here a bit. I've been following both threads since day one, and steam seems to be letting off, not building up, as games come out.
I haven't seen any unboxing photos either or streams....

Well it's still mainly bars, etc getting them and I could care less to see the exact same stock machine coming out of the box in yet ANOTHER persons house. Just not worth the server space or diesel fuel frankly.

And since we've seen most of the current modes I don't feel any urgency for any more streams either... especially since most of the time you won't clearly hear the sounds,etc over people happily yammering. Most people were happy at what they saw and a lot of us have been able to play it so now it's just the waiting game.

I'm sure as more make into private homes you'll get to see the same box opened repeatedly

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Too busy playing...but here is some of my pics.
Me and Morty...both beat up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hit your head on the machine? Or was that courtesy of the wife when you rolled up with that in the car?

Should have warned her first

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Too busy playing...but here is some of my pics.
Me and Morty...both beat up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ooooh NOW we're talkin!!! Thanks for the photos!

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You guys that are getting resets , check the screws that hold your computer. I had one completely loose and the others were also a little loose . I haven’t gotten the chance to test thoroughly but this seems to be the source of my resets . The reason why it seems code related is because when the usb drive is put in / taken out those loose screws were disturbed . Tighten them all up . I will test more later .

Did you mean A or B or both?

scrnli_3_8_2020_5-41-57 PM (resized).pngscrnli_3_8_2020_5-41-57 PM (resized).png
#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Scratching my head here a bit. I've been following both threads since day one, and steam seems to be letting off, not building up, as games come out.
I haven't seen any unboxing photos either or streams....

I think it's mostly because they are trickling out and mostly going on routes at this point.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hit your head on the machine? Or was that courtesy of the wife when you rolled up with that in the car?
Should have warned her first

R&M was her idea. :party:I wanted to tell people she beat me up when I got high score...the real reason is I’m old, it was dark, there was stuff on the floor, and the nightstand assaulted me.

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

R&M was her idea. :party:I wanted to tell people she beat me up when I got high score...the real reason is I’m old, it was dark, there was stuff on the floor, and the nightstand assaulted me.

It really did! Well if you end up with a scar there you'll need a better story. Maybe something involving a knife fight

#1408 4 years ago

Just played RAM at LAX and unfortunately/fortunately it's my fam's favorite game now. Odd shots, but it's just plain fun. The unfortunate part is that I missed out on the presale. Anyone have any contacts where I might be able to get a spot? I'd be fine with paying a little bit of a premium if I have to.

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Just played RAM at LAX and unfortunately/fortunately it's my fam's favorite game now. Odd shots, but it's just plain fun. The unfortunate part is that I missed out on the presale. Anyone have any contacts where I might be able to get a spot? I'd be fine with paying a little bit of a premium if I have to.

The guy in Austria that advertises here may still have one. That's where the last guy said he got his. It'll cost an extra grand though.

Don't worry it won't have to go overseas first

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It really did! Well if you end up with a scar there you'll need a better story.

"...[i]those[/i] Jeans, or just Jeans in General?", Honest Doc - It's the last thing I remember saying.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Did you mean A or B or both?[quoted image]

A , see the way that screw is just sitting loose , should be a spacer also . Then also check the three other screws that hold the computer there is a Phillips screw in each corner of the computer make sure they are all right .

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well it's still mainly bars, etc getting them and I could care less to see the exact same stock machine coming out of the box in yet ANOTHER persons house. Just not worth the server space or diesel fuel frankly.
And since we've seen most of the current modes I don't feel any urgency for any more streams either... especially since most of the time you won't clearly hear the sounds,etc over people happily yammering. Most people were happy at what they saw and a lot of us have been able to play it so now it's just the waiting game.
I'm sure as more make into private homes you'll get to see the same box opened repeatedly

Quoted from Zablon:

I think it's mostly because they are trickling out and mostly going on routes at this point.

Yeah, kinda seems like most are going out to routes or maybe higher ups. Just hope the excitement and energy keeps up and up and up!

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The guy in Austria that advertises here may still have one. That's where the last guy said he got his. It'll cost an extra grand though.
Don't worry it won't have to go overseas first

Unfortunately, RS Pinball in Austria is sold out (as stated on the website's listing). However, it hasn't been removed off Pinside yet.

#1414 4 years ago

Morty,Look at me, I'm Pringles now B@#ch

20200308_173849 (resized).jpg20200308_173849 (resized).jpg
#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

cant argue with a world class player like yourself on this subject - modern games should have the ability to stage the upper flippers. im sure spooky knows, as you point out, ACNC didnt have this capability. as former world champion and rule designer for both ACNC and RAM, bowen kerins certainly is aware of this as well. you would rationalize that he would insist they incorporate this feature in future 3+ flipper games.
im surprised at what you found under the hood. just 3 weeks ago, during the madison reveal stream, eric says you can stage the upper flipper.

its a good thing that spooky puts out the first batch of games for beta testing should they need to correct anything for the remainder of the build, and that this was caught early on.

Every Rick and Morty we have built has dual leaf switches for staged flippers. I would assume someone mistakenly saw the single leaf switch for the magnet.

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Every Rick and Morty we have built has dual leaf switches for staged flippers. I would assume someone mistakenly saw the single leaf switch for the magnet.

Great. Maybe the one at AYCE Gogi just needs adjustment.

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Is there any more details or clarification about the fuse issue preventing the magnet and Right flipper activation together?

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Is there any more details or clarification about the fuse issue preventing the magnet and Right flipper activation together?

Yes, I’d be curious to hear more about this one as well.

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

Unfortunately, RS Pinball in Austria is sold out (as stated on the website's listing). However, it hasn't been removed off Pinside yet.

So, no one looking to make a few schmeckles off the chump who missed the boat? PM me if you are. Not necessarily worried about the number in line.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

So, no one looking to make a few schmeckles off the chump who missed the boat? PM me if you are. Not necessarily worried about the number in line.

Seems like a listing or two pops up on here or eBay once a week. However, at this point it looks like at least a $2,000 premium. I would assume once more machines get out in the wild, that upcharge would come down a bit, but judging by the limited run, beloved theme, and fun people are having, that might not be the case. Stay vigil looking for a good deal that might pop up, and good luck.

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

I really dont want to sell mine #148 but a crazy offer might change my mind lol

#1422 4 years ago

So, elephant in the room question.

Spooky

In terms of parts, do you guys already have the parts you need or will the goings on in the world impact your ability to get parts possibly in the future?

I know the rest is up in the air right now and no one can say for sure the further impact to everyone in regards to workers.

#1423 4 years ago

With "things going on in the world", when anyone gets their new pinball machine is the most First World of concerns. But I do understand the financial considerations re: planning and timing, so it's a fair question. That said, with things going on, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes if it means everyone involved remains safe, secure, and healthy in the interim.

I played R&M at Louisville Arcade Expo this past weekend, and it will be worth the wait! A complete ass-kicker in the vein of TNA, with lots of R&M humor and goodness throughout = WIN WIN. I need so sharpen my skills a bit an learn the shots. My only gameplay complaint - offered more as a suggestion for a code tweak and not a bitch-gripe per se - is while watching my daughter play, she made the steep left ramp *3 times in a row* (!?!!) while struggling to aim for the lock. Whoops! But as difficult as folks have said that shot can be, I thought maybe there should have been a reward or callout for it. I felt so bad for her - she couldn't make the shot she needed but held her own and fought, but I couldn't tell that making "one of the hardest shots in the game" in sucession actually did anything out of sequence beyond qualifying as a ramp?

My main question is: since Spooky pins have such badass sound systems, can they be used as a sound system in their own right, aka aux line-input? Would make a great party box on those nights you don't want to play pinball, but knock your walls down

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

My main question is: since Spooky pins have such badass sound systems, can they be used as a sound system in their own right, aka aux line-input? Would make a great party box on those nights you don't want to play pinball, but knock your walls down

I dont see why you would want to risk damaging the speakers on a expensive pin when a receiver and speakers are so much cheaper and sound better.

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I dont see why you would want to risk damaging the speakers on a expensive pin when a receiver and speakers are so much cheaper and sound better.

Spacetime constraints. Way my place is laid out, there's no room to redo things to fit a dedicated / upgraded receiver and matching speakers without reinventing everything and how it all fits together in the rabbit hole. I have a "nice" system there now which does the job. But in a similar vein, my thought was "I don't see why I should possibly have a kickass sound system only to hear it on one pinball game..."

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I really dont want to sell mine #148 but a crazy offer might change my mind lol

I've told all my friends that it would take a crazy offer to make me sell my spot at this point. This game just looks too damn good to pass up.

#1427 4 years ago

Spacetime constraints. Way my place is laid out, there's no room to redo things to fit a dedicated / upgraded receiver and matching speakers without reinventing everything and how it all fits together in the rabbit hole. I have a "nice" system there now which does the job. But in a similar vein, my thought was "I don't see why I should possibly have a kickass sound system only to hear it on one pinball game..."

Sonos

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How'd you like the shots?
Was this....local?

Yes it was at Birdfish Brewery.

#1429 4 years ago

My only gameplay complaint - offered more as a suggestion for a code tweak and not a bitch-gripe per se - is while watching my daughter play, she made the steep left ramp *3 times in a row* (!?!!) while struggling to aim for the lock. Whoops! But as difficult as folks have said that shot can be, I thought maybe there should have been a reward or callout for it. I felt so bad for her - she couldn't make the shot she needed but held her own and fought, but I couldn't tell that making "one of the hardest shots in the game" in sucession actually did anything out of sequence beyond qualifying as a ramp?

It would be great to see combo bonuses and callouts like the five way combo in Shadow or Attack from Mars.

#1430 4 years ago

Not sure what it is, but this game really creates the "just one more game" addiction. Trying to collect more and more megaseeds to set you up for future score reward, and traverse dimensions to see different things really adds to the depth.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Yes it was at Birdfish Brewery.

Ooh Baby! You just MADE my offday, and they're open today!

I was just in Reading last week, and thought about a late night JackBar run in Brooklyn!

Juuuuust a bit closer! Thanks again so much Alex!

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I've told all my friends that it would take a crazy offer to make me sell my spot at this point. This game just looks too damn good to pass up.

Honestly wouldnt take 25 Gs for mine but to each their own

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Honestly wouldnt take 25 Gs for mine but to each their own

You sir are crazy. Anyone that wants to give me $25 Gs for mine (when it arrives) can PM me now.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Honestly wouldnt take 25 Gs for mine

I'd sell my spot for $24k. I'd even go to Wisonsin, Pick it up and deliver it anywhere in the Lower 48.

$24.5k and I will include Alaska.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Ooh Baby! You just MADE my offday, and they're open today!
I was just in Reading last week, and thought about a late night JackBar run in Brooklyn!
Juuuuust a bit closer! Thanks again so much Alex!

Don’t forget to get a picture!

Have fun... you’re going to love it!

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I'd sell my spot for $24k. I'd even go to Wisonsin, Pick it up and deliver it anywhere in the Lower 48.
$24.5k and I will include Alaska.

Oh so you had to undersell me didn't you. I had somebody on the hook for 25K and you've gone and ruined it.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Oh so you had to undersell me didn't you. I had somebody on the hook for 25K and you've gone and ruined it.

Well, my #34 butter dip will be here in 1 week.

Anyone want to PM me obscene offers just to have me say no. Have at it. Or just PM gac or guitarded.

I can replace 25K. I'll never have a shot at owning a NIB RaM again.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Anyone want to PM me obscene offers just to have me say no. Have at it. Or just PM gac or guitarded.

If they want Butter, it's a $50 upcharge.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I'll never have a shot at owning a NIB RaM again.

I seriously doubt this. The number of 'bolted to the floor' and turn around and sell it in a few months around here is astounding....and if things continue to go downhill, there'll be a lot of people trying to cash out of pins in the short term.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I seriously doubt this. The number of 'bolted to the floor' and turn around and sell it in a few months around here is astounding....and if things continue to go downhill, there'll be a lot of people trying to cash out of pins in the short term.

NIB being the differentiator.

I love sharing my game with friends and pinball fans alike bit I buy things I enjoy and plan on keeping practical or not (I'll post pics of my Boring Flamethrower 1 day as an EG.)

I cherish the idea of passing these machines off to my nephew one day when I'm too old to appreciate them. Best part for me will be telling him he story of how I bought it and how it has become his treasure straight from my acquisition.

Too each their own. I get all counter points. This is just my belief

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Keeping my fingers crossed so i can buy up a sweet machine or two in the medium term.

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

wait... are you really now using the fear mongering of covid19 as a way to scare people into thinking they should sell pinball machines?

That is funny

If the 08 housing scare did not make people sell off games, then a virus which forces you to self quarantine is not going to.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... are you really now using the fear mongering of covid19 as a way to scare people into thinking they should sell pinball machines?
That is funny
If the 08 housing scare did not make people sell off games, then a virus which forces you to self quarantine is not going to.

I just want my game before quarantine.

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It would be great to see combo bonuses and callouts like the five way combo in Shadow or Attack from Mars.

There are combo bonuses, you can see the awards in the upper right corner of the screen when they happen. There is also a combo champion.

We decided that because there was so much going on, we did not want to interrupt the music or display or other callouts. It’s definitely a game-by-game decision, there is more visible attention to combos in Alice Cooper.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is funny

Is everything now fear mongering in the right/wrong one sided world? I'm simply being a realist and stating an opinion. In a bad scenario, that is exactly what will happen, you are going to have people who haven't got their game yet, only have a down payment in and decide they would rather put funds elsewhere, and yes people sold off games back then (Of course they weren't worth nearly as much so less incentive).

#1446 4 years ago

60 games have been finished and boxed up at this point with 20 sitting on the line being played and prepared to box as there always is. I believe we are starting week #11 for the year and we have been a full 10 per week speed for many weeks now. The first couple weeks are obviously always a nightmare and we didn't hit numbers for a bit. Also at the beginning we hold back some to get feedback and make sure we dial them in to the absolute best of our abilities. Elephant in the room question answer is yes. The virus is causing issues in supply but it has not affected our production here so far. Holy crap we have a lot of employees out with the flu though! Some of the early numbers we held also due to direct print cabinet supply. Overall best launch we have had assembly wise.

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

60 games have been finished and boxed up at this point with 20 sitting on the line being played and prepared to box as there always is. I believe we are starting week #11 for the year and we have been a full 10 per week speed for many weeks now. The first couple weeks are obviously always a nightmare and we didn't hit numbers for a bit. Also at the beginning we hold back some to get feedback and make sure we dial them in to the absolute best of our abilities. Elephant in the room question answer is yes. The virus is causing issues in supply but it has not affected our production here so far. Holy crap we have a lot of employees out with the flu though! Some of the early numbers we held also due to direct print cabinet supply. Overall best launch we have had assembly wise.

Oh man...waiting for my email....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is everything now fear mongering in the right/wrong one sided world? I'm simply being a realist. In a bad scenario, that is exactly what will happen.

sounds good. Please PM me a sweet price for your haunted house and your funhouse. You are likely going to need to sell those first. Rudy is a vector and haunted house... well just bad mojo to add to the freak out.

I will pay 50% of market and you should be thankful. They are going to be worth 10% in another year.

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds good. Please PM me a sweet price for your haunted house and your funhouse. You are likely going to need to sell those first. Rudy is a vector and haunted house... well just bad mojo to add to the freak out.
I will pay 50% of market and you should be thankful. They are going to be worth 10% in another year.

Fortunately, I don't have to be concerned about that, regardless of what happens. That being said, you can bet if money was an issue, they would be some of the first things to go. (i'm thinking you didn't understand that my point was about people needing money...)

#1450 4 years ago

If i needed money I think selling pins would be an obvious first choice... at least my wife says so!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/29?hl=therealdroopy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.