(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 405.
#14901 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Today marks an interesting day as we ship out our 1st - the whole shebang R&M MRS package - a Pinsider chose to replace all 9 rollovers in his R&M (plus purchasing 2 spares)....I'll be curious how the pin plays as, to date, we've only sold 4 MRS' max for a R&M.....I'll let the Pinsider choose to provide further commentary if they so choose....
Thanks everyone for your recent deluge - after today - I'm caught up again...for now...
Now, onto a Rob Zombie order!
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

Wow! I went with the 4 and could not be happier with their performance - I'd be lying if the thought of replacing the lowers didn't cross my mind a time or two already.

#14902 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

TheNoTrashCougar do you happen to have any suggestions for the Danesi lock 2.0 failing to eject balls stuck behind the drop targets? The drop tests work flawlessly, it is just an issue when the weight of the ball is behind it.

Make sure the brass finger is close, but not touching the target when at rest and the drop target is up. I would definitely try that first. If you are adjusted properly, then up the pulse of the knockdown coil in the settings a bit.
--Scott

#14903 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hey everyone, I wanted to give an early preview of my new "Ship Dangler". I came up with this idea because I've been through two "plastic springs" now. I firmly believe it is not a question of "if it will break" rather "when will it break".
What I'm trying to do is to create something that is simple to assemble, reliable and visually better than the stock version. I feel pretty confident that I have cracked the code, but I'll leave you all to decide.
Essentially what I've done is to "pinch" the existing plastic hole with a TPU flange I call the "wiggler". On top of that I have a part which copies the spooky clear plastic PETG design allowing for me to maintain the stock spooky aesthetic. Lastly, instead of using hot glue to hold the spring into the "funnel" I've created a lock which mates with the spring and allows for you to use one of the stock screws and lock nuts to hold the thing together. I am a big believer in being able to disassemble things without damage .
I'm going to post some pictures of the design and prototypes. I expect to print the final "wiggler" in transparent TPU in order to do my best to hide it and show off the artwork currently blocked by the plastic spring. If there is interest in this thing, I would be happy to record a couple of videos which try to detail how it works.
Overall the final product leaves you with a cleaner looking plastic minus the fact that you now have four unused holes cut into the plastic. Personally, I'd rather have the small holes in the plastic than the huge spring, but to each his own. Plus I figured if I opened up four holes in the middle of the playfield, other creative mod makers could come up with some cool stuff .
Let me know what you think.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to the video demonstrating the improved wiggler action!

#14904 2 years ago

Hit another bug last night where the callouts just stop working and never come back. Everything else appeared to be working fine. Not really sure when it started, but seemed to be as I finished a game.

#14905 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Today marks an interesting day as we ship out our 1st - the whole shebang R&M MRS package - a Pinsider chose to replace all 9 rollovers in his R&M (plus purchasing 2 spares)....I'll be curious how the pin plays as, to date, we've only sold 4 MRS' max for a R&M.....I'll let the Pinsider choose to provide further commentary if they so choose....
Thanks everyone for your recent deluge - after today - I'm caught up again...for now...
Now, onto a Rob Zombie order!
Matt & Dan
M&M Creations

What are people replacing the roll overs with? Any reason in particular to replace them?

#14906 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

What are people replacing the roll overs with? Any reason in particular to replace them?

I was getting inconsistent hits on the inner loop shot and missing out on extra balls, meeseeks and worst of all, megaseeds. I replaced it with a reed switch, now it's perfect.

When I pulled the switch out, it fell apart in my hand - the wire had broken off the blade of the microswitch.

#14907 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I was also getting airballs off of some of the switches in the loops/orbits. Yep, could have adjusted the switches, but seems like there was just enough room for the ball to squeeze between the switch and the ball guide.

MRSs are perfect reliability and keeps the flow going.

#14908 2 years ago

With the mrs does anything stick up through the switch slot in the playfield?

#14909 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

not above the playfield

#14910 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

It looks like a black strip - with a small silver square - that's all that's visible in the slot...which is not proud to the playfield.

Matt

#14911 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I LIKE WHAT YOU GOT! GOOD JOB!
But seriously, I'd likely pick one up for replacement when the next plastic breaks. I like the look of it. Any changes needed to the shaft length given that the wiggler sits lower?

Nope, I designed it so that it could drop in without modification.

#14912 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

This is how they look when installed. They are flush with the playfield.

1580EF5E-B295-48A7-833E-6D1ED344A2AB (resized).jpeg1580EF5E-B295-48A7-833E-6D1ED344A2AB (resized).jpeg
#14913 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

This is how they look when installed. They are flush with the playfield.
[quoted image]

How difficult is it to I talk these switches? What tools are needed?

#14914 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

How difficult is it to I talk these switches? What tools are needed?

Soldering iron, a small drill-bit on a dremel (I like to pre-drill the plastic flange), and a nut-driver/screwdriver. Oh, and a lighter for the heat shrink tubing. Takes about 10 min a switch.

#14915 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone else think that looks a lot like Christopher Walken?

Christopher Walken would make a good Rick in a live-action version of the show. I can't stop thinking about Michael Cera pairing up with him to be Morty.

Not sure how he would do the proper Rick voice, I think it would just need to be a Christopher Walken voice. It would then need to be a movie instead of a 22 minute show to account for how much longer it would take for Walken to get his dialog out when compared to how fast Justin Roiland dictates his Rick lines.

#14916 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Soldering iron, a small drill-bit on a dremel (I like to pre-drill the plastic flange), and a nut-driver/screwdriver. Oh, and a lighter for the heat shrink tubing. Takes about 10 min a switch.

Thank you for the info I appreciate it .

#14917 2 years ago

I'll add to the MRS switches for what I did in order to make it easy to re-use one of the existing holes vs guessing where I need to drill through the MRS tab. I took a piece of painters tape and put it where the MRS tab would be going on the bottom of the playfield, poked the existing holes through the tape and then dry fit the MRS in the slot so I could trace around the tab with a pen. After that, remove the tape and put that over the top of the MRS tab lined up with your tracing so you know exactly where you can drill your hole in the tab.

#14918 2 years ago

Hello All, Just bought my first Spooky today (Halloween CE). I know it isn't a Rick and Morty but I figured someone in this club can help me out. How hard is it to remove the topper on a Spooky? My ceiling is low and there is no way it is going to clear. Thanks in advance.

#14919 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hello All, Just bought my first Spooky today (Halloween CE). I know it isn't a Rick and Morty but I figured someone in this club can help me out. How hard is it to remove the topper on a Spooky? My ceiling is low and there is no way it is going to clear. Thanks in advance.

Unscrew the topper remove the plug. It will only take a couple of minutes.

#14920 2 years ago

I have a feeling that the HWN topper won’t ship attached. Congrats on your CE! I grabbed one too, super pumped. One of the most gorgeous art packages in all of pinball, I really hope they hire Edmiston again in the future.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

#14921 2 years ago

I think it will be attached but r&m was easy to remove.

And I agree on Edmiston, I'd love to see his work on more spooky cabinets

#14922 2 years ago

Now that I appear to have most of the "you gotta fix this" issues out of the way in this game (at least I'm hoping), I've been enjoying it a little of late, even though it's still tough as shit. I love the show though, so it's worth it in the long run. I had a question for MOD-ers out there, what are you putting on your left ramp, to cover the screws halfway up the ramp? It kinda looks like a perfect spot to place a big head of SCARY TERRY with his mouth open over the ramp (ball goes through) but just wondering if a MOD company is making anything for that spot, or if you guys have anything there on your game? I have the cool ANATOMY PARK over the right ramp, and it's slick there.

IMG_0527 (resized).jpgIMG_0527 (resized).jpgIMG_0528 (resized).jpgIMG_0528 (resized).jpg
#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Now that I appear to have most of the "you gotta fix this" issues out of the way in this game (at least I'm hoping), I've been enjoying it a little of late, even though it's still tough as shit. I love the show though, so it's worth it in the long run. I had a question for MOD-ers out there, what are you putting on your left ramp, to cover the screws halfway up the ramp? It kinda looks like a perfect spot to place a big head of SCARY TERRY with his mouth open over the ramp (ball goes through) but just wondering if a MOD company is making anything for that spot, or if you guys have anything there on your game? I have the cool ANATOMY PARK over the right ramp, and it's slick there.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mods are severely lacking on this game. I guess it is probably due to the low #, and that many of the people who make mods aren't into R&M.

#14924 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Mods are severely lacking on this game. I guess it is probably due to the low #, and that many of the people who make mods aren't into R&M.

From my perspective, the game is great "as is". Just don't feel like it needs any mods. I did add one mod...The Crystal Scoop Mod (complements the main/central toy).

#14925 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, the game is great "as is". Just don't feel like it needs any mods. I did add one mod...The Crystal Scoop Mod (complements the main/central toy).

I'm not really into the throwing action figures all over it for sure. I've had a few ideas, but don't really have the skill set or the tools to create them. Mostly obscure 'gotta look for it' stuff.

Like, in the coin door a screen with an animation box that is touch sensative where it's one of the battery people sitting knitting or something of that sort, and you tap the screen and he goes crazy running around the room screaming....or if you tilt it you hear him scream (in the distance) what's going on out there, etc.

Or simply, an actual plumbus tilt piece that you won't see unless you look through the dollar bill box and see it.

#14926 2 years ago

Does anyone feel like Spooky has kind of gone dark on this game? I am super happy for them with the Halloween/Ultraman pin, but they seem to be spending so much time on those threads whereas they never mention anything in this one.

To me, the game is new. I guess to them it is old news?. I am wondering if we’re stuck with that final beta code since this thread pissed off the developer?

Am I alone on this one, or do others see it as well?

#14927 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone feel like Spooky has kind of gone dark on this game? I am super happy for them with the Halloween/Ultraman pin, but they seem to be spending so much time on those threads whereas they never mention anything in this one.
To me, the game is new. I guess to them it is old news?. I am wondering if we’re stuck with that final beta code since this thread pissed off the developer?

Spooky hasn't forgotten R&M. They've just been busy launching two new pins. They're not going to leave R&M owners hanging like Stern did with Ghostbusters for YEARS. Like JJP, they're much more responsive on code. Relax.

#14929 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not really into the throwing action figures all over it

Hand in your Pinside membership card!!

Everyone knows a pin isn’t a pin till you’ve covered it in Walmart toys!

rd

#14930 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Spooky hasn't forgotten R&M. They've just been busy launching two new pins. They're not going to leave R&M owners hanging like Stern did with Ghostbusters for YEARS. Like JJP, they're much more responsive on code. Relax.

Agree.

Spooky aren't stupid, people look to the past to predict the future.

In years to come they will want to ensure this game has classic status.

Does the game need a true wizard mode?

I don't know, as only played the game a few times.

Still can't quite believe how quickly 1250 Halloween sold!

500 Ultraman was predictable.

Well done Spooky.

#14931 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Let's face it. We are dead to them now. They have shiny new customers to worry about, and they are the best kind, deposits down for a new game they haven't even seen real gameplay footage of yet. The game can literally be everything they imagine in their heads right now, without harsh reality crashing down on them. It's a happy, exciting place! At least until the games actually start shipping and real problems start to show up...

I'm sure they'll get around to releasing another code update for R&M someday. Other than that, what were you expecting?

#14932 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Let's face it. We are dead to them now. They have shiny new customers to worry about, and they are the best kind, deposits down for a new game they haven't even seen real gameplay footage of yet. The game can literally be everything they imagine in their heads right now, without harsh reality crashing down on them. It's a happy, exciting place! At least until the games actually start shipping and real problems start to show up...
I'm sure they'll get around to releasing another code update for R&M someday. Other than that, what were you expecting?

The person doing the coding for R&M isn't working on the new games. Some consulting at most. It will come down to 'want' and licensing. I swear somewhere I thought EP stated he thought the game was pretty much where he wanted it, but then all the bug stuff came up. There are still a number of bugs that could be squashed, but overall the game is 'complete'. I think we'd all love a few more modes added here or there, and who knows, maybe we will get some eventually.

#14933 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Let's face it. We are dead to them now.

Seems a bit harsh. If any existing customers have any issues that require tech support I'm confident Spooky will be there for them.

I think the game is pretty complete as is now. Would love more content added but who knows if that will happen or not. I'm sure we'll get some bug fix updates as there still seems to be a couple intermittent issues people are seeing.

#14934 2 years ago

I'm really happy for all the folks who purchased the latest "Ultra Stabby Peekaboo Hedge Man Game."

But I'm selfishly hoping that the R&M party doesn't end too soon! Eric, Scott, et. al. have done an incredible job. Moonman (which was a later addition) is definitely my favorite mode so far! So I'm still hoping there might be a few more cool additions to come? And let's face it, this game is still incomplete...at least until an acceptable "my man" callout returns!

Anyway, keep up the great work Spooky!

#14935 2 years ago

I pop in here time to time, cause I love playing R&M and TNA on location. So much so I put faith into Spookys latest offering, Halloween. Dont let me down Spooky!!!

#14936 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Let's face it. We are dead to them now.

Cannot be further from the truth.

#14937 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Moonman (which was a later addition) is definitely my favorite mode so far!

Moonman is fun, but it's a bummer that the song time is abbreviated and fixed. Would be much more fun if you could extend the time/song as long as you continue making the fart shots (within some time frame). It's also annoying that many other sounds are mute during this mode. Odd. Just seems like the mode was added quickly and could use a bit more thought/love.

#14938 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Moonman is fun, but it's a bummer that the song time is abbreviated and fixed. Would be much more fun if you could extend the time/song as long as you continue making the fart shots (within some time frame). It's also annoying that many other sounds are mute during this mode. Odd. Just seems like the mode was added quickly and could use a bit more thought/love.

Yeah, I actually do not like that there is no feedback at all in that mode, but I believe for the song modes that was his intent.

#14939 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Glad someone else is saying it. It drives me nuts that one of the best songs from the show is limited to 30 seconds here, when the Scary Terry adventure has two full sections to complete.

If this was it for content, I would be greatly disappointed. With the flippers being fixed with the new bushings/x-spacer, I'm filling the full punch card 4/5 games I play, so Love Potion is not exactly the elusive wizard/mini-wizard novelty that it once was.

#14940 2 years ago

One thing that bugs me is timers aren’t stopped during lock ball launches or ball saves. It matters on modes like Moonman.

#14941 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The song is presented as it was in the show. It ends when it did when it was in the show. If you watch the video of the ‘full’ song, there is no animation for the bits you do not hear in the show, they just cut together parts of the episode - it’s not the trippy hallucination. There is the ‘second’ part in the show later, but they don’t jump cut together well.

Also, the next update has an option to enable other sound effects during music modes for you heathens.

Quoted from jwilson:

One thing that bugs me is timers aren’t stopped during lock ball launches or ball saves. It matters on modes like Moonman.

I can’t stop the timer because I can’t pause/resume the video in the same place. The A/V system used doesn’t support it. So the locks are abbreviated as much as possible during Moonmen & Schwifty.

#14942 2 years ago

Slasher Ultra Whack-a-Psycho

Quoted from klr650:

I'm really happy for all the folks who purchased the latest "Ultra Stabby Peekaboo Hedge Man Game."
But I'm selfishly hoping that the R&M party doesn't end too soon! Eric, Scott, et. al. have done an incredible job. Moonman (which was a later addition) is definitely my favorite mode so far! So I'm still hoping there might be a few more cool additions to come? And let's face it, this game is still incomplete...at least until an acceptable "my man" callout returns!
Anyway, keep up the great work Spooky!

#14943 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I kind of love that idea. sort of like the skull sculpt on EATPM. I think modeling that up is do-able.
scary_Terry_ramp (resized).jpgscary_Terry_ramp (resized).jpgskull_elvira (resized).pngskull_elvira (resized).png

Got a pretty good start, still need to model a hat. Test prints tomorrow.

scary_terry_sculpt (resized).pngscary_terry_sculpt (resized).png
#14944 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can’t stop the timer because I can’t pause/resume the video in the same place. The A/V system used doesn’t support it. So the locks are abbreviated as much as possible during Moonmen & Schwifty.

There has to be a way to do it. Are you using an open source player or something? Maybe I can modify it...

#14945 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can’t stop the timer because I can’t pause/resume the video in the same place.

I honestly don't think it'd sound very good paused and unpaused either. I find it no different than me watching T-Rex eat employees as I'm starting a control room... he slows down, but doesn't stop. If people are wanting to complete Moonmen or Schwifty, avoid locks - that is under your control.

Thanks for coming back EP

#14946 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The song is presented as it was in the show. It ends when it did when it was in the show. If you watch the video of the ‘full’ song, there is no animation for the bits you do not hear in the show, they just cut together parts of the episode - it’s not the trippy hallucination. There is the ‘second’ part in the show later, but they don’t jump cut together well.
Also, the next update has an option to enable other sound effects during music modes for you heathens.

Hey Eric, thanks for the background on this! (and nice to see you back posting).

Since your goal is to model the show, I understand. I just love all 2:30 of the song and always feel bummed when it ends abruptly after 30 seconds.

#14947 2 years ago

If you made it longer, the scoring would need adjusted because it is a score monster for no longer than it is.

#14948 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you made it longer, the scoring would need adjusted because it is a score monster for no longer than it is.

Agree. Different adventures have different strategies. It makes each feel unique. Moon man is the ‘shoot quick and accurate to get buckets of points mode’.

#14949 2 years ago

Yeah I kind of (it’s been a while) remember on the show it ending abruptly. I personally love it as is.

#14950 2 years ago

With Halloween and Ultraman being released (I am in on Ultraman CE), how long will it be until we see another pin designed by @TheNoTrashCougar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/299?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.