(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 405.
#14701 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I get that but I *think* the right lower flipper assembly hangs straight down into a visible part of the PF. Maybe that ends up under the sling though. Ok I can see the intent.
That's why I hunted around to find a screw for the spacer that would mimic the small screw. Figured there had to be some reason for the different sizes.
Didn't want to spoil my record of over 20 years of swapping out assemblies etc and never poking a screw through the PF
Seen my share of used beaters with what seemed to be drywall screws coming up out of the PF though. THAT makes an impression you don't soon forget. Ouch

That's why I kept replying to you. For R&M, I don't believe the larger screws would poke through the PF, but they might create some unsightly humps. If this weren't an issue, Spooky wouldn't have gone to the trouble of using different sized screws. When I first got the machine, I thought it was simply a mistake, but Luke/Scott lmk it was very intentional.

I hope the next game goes back to standard PF width...flipper brackets should really have the full length screws all around!

#14702 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I finally got around to installing the X-spacers yesterday and like everyone else said, game changer. The difference in how it shoots (for the better) is remarkable. I dialed my lower flipper power down from the stock 25 to 20 and it still has plenty of power. I left the upper at the stock setting of 20 though. I am not getting any airballs off of that flipper, so no need to dial it down.
Now I just need to find the time to finally put in my Mantis garage hole protector...

Ditto me exactly.

My flipper power felt okay before but yeah, with the spacers installed it's a whole new game. I've now got all 3 flippers set to "24" power and it shoots amazing. I also noticed that my ability to "micro-flip" and use other high-fidelity flipper techniques has improved. Overall, I'd say the feel of the flippers is more natural now and closer to what I'm used to.

I tried to be lazy and fit the protector via the small access under the left ramp, almost worked too, but couldn't get the right edge to lay flat enough so I pulled it back out for now.

#14703 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

That's why I kept replying to you. For R&M, I don't believe the larger screws would poke through the PF, but they might create some unsightly humps. If this weren't an issue, Spooky wouldn't have gone to the trouble of using different sized screws. When I first got the machine, I thought it was simply a mistake, but Luke/Scott lmk it was very intentional.
I hope the next game goes back to standard PF width...flipper brackets should really have the full length screws all around!

Are you saying that installing some like the X-Spacers, with the same size screws all around (I believe that is what Aniraf provides) would be unadvised?

#14704 2 years ago

Also, toyotaboy do you think your flipper spacers would work on the switches? I don't know offhand if the distance between screws is the same.

#14705 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Now I just need to find the time to finally put in my Mantis garage hole protector...

It seriously takes less time than it will take you to remove / replace the lockbar and glass. Goes in quick.

#14706 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It seriously takes less time than it will take you to remove / replace the lockbar and glass. Goes in quick.

Just upon visual inspection, how so? Looks like I would have to remove the subway in order to install from the bottom and screw in the 2 support screws that there are no holes for, then install the other 2 screws in the 2 holes that currently hold the subway on. Am I mistaken?

#14707 2 years ago

You have to pull a couple screws and then replace them. Subway doesn't really have to be removed at all really, just shifted a bit, unless you want to clean it I guess?

#14708 2 years ago

*double post*

#14709 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are you saying that installing some like the X-Spacers, with the same size screws all around (I believe that is what Aniraf provides) would be unadvised?

I haven't looked at the X-Spacers, so I can't comment. Sorry.

#14710 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just upon visual inspection, how so? Looks like I would have to remove the subway in order to install from the bottom and screw in the 2 support screws that there are no holes for, then install the other 2 screws in the 2 holes that currently hold the subway on. Am I mistaken?

This is the method I went with since shifting the subway was not very feasible on my game due to some tight wiring around it. In any case, it was pretty darn simple and may have taken about 10 minutes.

#14711 2 years ago

One issue I've noticed with the mantis hole protector is with a slow rolling ball, it will get hung up on the lip and requires some shaking to remove it...anyone else have this issue...wish I had marked it and ground it down prior...but doesn't happen too often

#14712 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Agreed with the others, I removed my subway and cleaned it, put everything back with the mantis protector. 10 mins tops. No hang ups for me, works perfect every time.

#14713 2 years ago

Also, toyotaboy do you think your flipper spacers would work on the switches? I don't know offhand if the distance between screws is the same.

no clue, I would have to see how much they'd need lowering. I could quickly create a bunch of STL files of spacers in various heights, but someone else needs to test them (I don't want to tinker more than I need to). I could print each 1mm increment in a different color.

#14714 2 years ago

I installed all 3 X-spacers with the screws that were provided and no issues whatsoever. I tightened the screws down tight too and nothing felt by fingertip on the playfield side of things. So if there is a "micro-bump", it is not one that can be seen or even felt. I wouldn't worry about it.

#14715 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

no clue, I would have to see how much they'd need lowering. I could quickly create a bunch of STL files of spacers in various heights, but someone else needs to test them (I don't want to tinker more than I need to). I could print each 1mm increment in a different color.

What thickness is your flipper spacer?

#14716 2 years ago

What thickness is your flipper spacer?

That sounds like a personal question !

#14717 2 years ago

I'm in the 100M+ club

My best first ball, best GC, and look at that nasty score on the final ball!

Almost half of my inner loop shots didn't register, so I can only imagine what the score could've been.

When I install the X-Spacers, I'm going to also lower the switches.

toyotaboy let me know if you want me to test out some spacers on the switches.

PXL_20210629_035650605 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_035650605 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_040725047 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_040725047 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_040829632 (resized).jpgPXL_20210629_040829632 (resized).jpg
#14718 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Ok, so then I should use the new 5/8ths on the outside and use the supplied 1/2's on the insides?
thanks!

You totally can do that. I decided I would just do 5/8th all the way around because I am never changing it back. I don’t see any particular logic for the mixed sizes.

#14719 2 years ago

You're absolutely right. I've had to put washers on two of the magnets that the ball was hanging on, and now, my inner orbit isn't registering. I'll probably just try the washer trick, but if someone was able to make a 3D printable piece to fit it, it would definitely look and install better than washers.
Hey Aniraf or toyotaboy you guys feeling bored today?

Haha. I can take a look when I get home.

This is such an excellent call out that I didn’t even realize. R&M is the only game I’ve ever played where the ball can pinch between the rollover switch and wire guide in my inlane. I didn’t think about the playfield width at all. The magnetic switches are amazing, but I bet we just needed to drop the standard switches the whole time!

#14720 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I measured the thickness of the playfield and I am 99% confident nobody is going to get a “micro hump” on plywood. If this were hardwood or something not engineered, I would not have advised 24 of the same screw.

I hand installed mine until the were tight. You don’t have to go wild on the torque when you have all 8 properly cutting into the wood. On my friends machine (second test machine I used) some of this 1/2 inch screws were hanging on by a few threads.

#14721 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I measured the thickness of the playfield and I am 99% confident nobody is going to get a “micro hump” on plywood. If this were hardwood or something not engineered, I would not have advised 24 of the same screw.
I hand installed mine until the were tight. You don’t have to go wild on the torque when you have all 8 properly cutting into the wood. On my friends machine (second test machine I used) some of this 1/2 inch screws were hanging on by a few threads.

I used your screws on mine everywhere and had no issues at all. The PF wood seems to disintegrate rather easily out of the screw holes via removing the original screws so having larger replacements is a good idea.

#14722 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

One issue I've noticed with the mantis hole protector is with a slow rolling ball, it will get hung up on the lip and requires some shaking to remove it...anyone else have this issue...wish I had marked it and ground it down prior...but doesn't happen too often

I had to make this update to my prototype. I did post the update, and let mantis know about the issue I had, since it came after I had made up the drawing.

I took the house off, marked a line with a black texta on the ring where the playfield gutter meets it. Then removed, trimmed, and reinstalled.

I also used a block of sticky back high density foam, stuck it to the ceiling of the "garage cellar". This stopped the portal "skipovers" (right orbit then comes out of left garage lane), and also stopped Garage shot rejects, where the ball would bounce off the back and come back down the left garage lane.

2021-06-30 00.19.29.png2021-06-30 00.19.29.png

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/208#post-6106421
*at the bottom of that post is also a link to the notch update post for the prototype drawing (the prototype drawing I created does not have a notch).

#14723 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I had to make this update to my prototype. I did post the update, and let mantis know about the issue I had, since it came after I had made up the drawing.
I took the house off, marked a line with a black texta on the ring where the playfield gutter meets it. Then removed, trimmed, and reinstalled.
I also used a block of sticky back high density foam, stuck it to the ceiling of the "garage cellar". This stopped the portal "skipovers" (right orbit then comes out of left garage lane), and also stopped Garage shot rejects, where the ball would bounce off the back and come back down the left garage lane.
[quoted image]
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/208#post-6106421
*at the bottom of that post is also a link to the notch update post for the prototype drawing (the prototype drawing I created does not have a notch).

next project....

#14724 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

next project....

The sub enclosure is sorted out, assemble and install that I suppose ...

#14725 2 years ago

Honest question.

Did Erik quit?

Wouldn’t blame him if he did.

#14726 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Honest question.
Did Erik quit?

He quit posting on here because of the jackaninnies. But I’m sure he’s still crushing R&M code

#14727 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

He quit posting on here because of the jackaninnies. But I’m sure he’s still crushing R&M code

Yeah three or four loudmouths ganged up on him and finally managed to piss him off. Sadly a typical forum occurrence.

Let's *hope* he is still working on R&M but...

#14728 2 years ago

he posted on the *next spooky pin*
thread today

#14729 2 years ago

Like a pinball noob I got my topper yanked while moving my machine and the C4/C5 2 pin connector popped out the p3-roc board in the back box and now I have an empty pass through connector and a red and black wire dangling.

Can someone please eyeball this connection and tell me what color wire goes on C4 and C5 so I can fix it back up?

#14730 2 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

Like a pinball noob I got my topper yanked while moving my machine and the C4/C5 2 pin connector popped out the p3-roc board in the back box and now I have an empty pass through connector and a red and black wire dangling.
Can someone please eyeball this connection and tell me what color wire goes on C4 and C5 so I can fix it back up?

This what you are looking for?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14731 2 years ago

The P3-ROC is the one smack dab in the middle. And it’s actually the J2 as per the below image. That c4 c5 are right above the 2 pin.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p3-roc/

Edit: thank you for the help.

#14732 2 years ago
Quoted from mbasnight:

The P3-ROC is the one smack dab in the middle. And it’s actually the J2 as per the below image. That c4 c5 are right above the 2 pin.
https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p3-roc/
Edit: thank you for the help.

Let's try this again

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14733 2 years ago

You sir are my hero. Thank u for being super fast.

#14734 2 years ago

Those of you planning to lower any of your rollover switches, plan on rebending the trigger wire. Those switches as supplied need to be depressed something like 2/3 of the way before they register, so if you simply lower them, they may no longer register at all!

Meanwhile, if you bend the wire like I have posted about before, you can get close to 100% reliable, no lowering necessary.

#14735 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah three or four loudmouths ganged up on him and finally managed to piss him off. Sadly a typical forum occurrence.
Let's *hope* he is still working on R&M but...

What bullshit revisionist history is this? You might want to go back and read the thread before running your mouth.

Additionally, you are welcome for the fixed code for the 'non issue' that us morons were reporting. Read the patch notes of before and after for what was done.

#14736 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

He posted today, just not in this thread.

#14737 2 years ago

He's been in this thread since then. He's voted posts. He just hasn't posted. He worked hard to get where we are. He most likely needs a break after 2+ years working on the same project. Then again, he could be hard at work on S5 modes. Who knows.

#14738 2 years ago

For all of you that have received your machines; about how long was your wait from initial order?

#14739 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He's been in this thread since then. He's voted posts. He just hasn't posted. He worked hard to get where we are. He most likely needs a break after 2+ years working on the same project. Then again, he could be hard at work on S5 modes. Who knows.

Hopefully only a small break epthegeek Your hard work is massively appreciated in my household. My 7 year old plays R&M all day every day haha. Sings the songs, quotes the call outs, explains the rules, I think he's obsessed

Flippers are perfect also btw!

#14740 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What bullshit revisionist history is this? You might want to go back and read the thread before running your mouth.
Additionally, you are welcome for the fixed code for the 'non issue' that us morons were reporting. Read the patch notes of before and after for what was done.

Frankly I can't even remember if you were one of the bitchers that made this place feel like death for a few days and ran him off.

Not sure what issue you're referring to but a lot of us report stuff to him IN PM's... not pummel him in public.

Sorry you feel so guilty though. I never even mentioned your name or thought about you.

#14741 2 years ago

Just ran into an issue today with #435

Noticed that whenever I start a game and shoot the ball around a bit, the game mysteriously thinks that I qualified and locked a ball. Then (while the initial ball is still in play around the pf), the game kicks out another ball into live play. When 1 of the 2 drain, the game kicks into the bonus screen and kills the other ball in play.

Also, without having any of the balls physically locked in the ship locks, the scoop eventually lights to start multiball.

Seems like the game is losing track of the balls and might have an opto sensor / switch issue somewhere. Not sure if this could be a code bug as well? Any idea where I should begin looking first to resolve this matter?

Thank you!

#14742 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Frankly I can't even remember if you were one of the bitchers that made this place feel like death for a few days and ran him off.
Not sure what issue you're referring to but a lot of us report stuff to him IN PM's... not pummel him in public.
Sorry you feel so guilty though. I never even mentioned your name or thought about you.

Well it is clear you don't even know what occurred, so we'll just leave it at that. Water under the bridge.

#14743 2 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

Seems like the game is losing track of the balls and might have an opto sensor / switch issue somewhere. Not sure if this could be a code bug as well? Any idea where I should begin looking first to resolve this matter?

Not a bug as no one else is experiencing that regularly. It does sound like a switch issue on your machine with the horseshoe and ramp optos triggering when they shouldn't. Obligatory "check all connections" advice, also go into switch test mode, hit the playfield firmly a few times to cause vibration and see if anything triggers.

#14744 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I did the same thing.

A fast shot to the right orbit would bounce out of the garage. Foam on the opposite edge of the garage eliminates that problem.

#14745 2 years ago

The reed switches are brilliant - never ever fail.

Why are you guys using the x spacers instead of new bushings or cutting the busing down?

Just because it’s easier to install?

#14746 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Not a bug as no one else is experiencing that regularly.

Happens to me all the time, no. I am thinking it is a trough switch issue.

#14747 2 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Honest question.
Did Erik quit?

I don't think so. I don't know this for a fact, but I was under the impression that the long pole in the tent on Rick and Morty code was licensor approval. I am under the impression they have a few more goodies ready for us, but are awaiting licensor approval. Licensors that were probably not expecting to have to approve new assets for years down the road.

Erik Rocks!

#14748 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The reed switches are brilliant - never ever fail.
Why are you guys using the x spacers instead of new bushings or cutting the busing down?
Just because it’s easier to install?

Well they did JUST start shipping the new bushings. I went ahead and ordered X's anyway to put in. I don't like messing with flippers any more than necessary. Since these have gotten good reviews, I'll put these on for now. Later if I need to do something that requires removing the the flippers, I'll switch to the new bushings.

#14749 2 years ago

Erik and Bowen are the best parts of this game. The layout is fun to shoot, but we could go back and forth all day about things we'd fix or prefer.

The code itself, and the implementation of the theme is superb. Even with a plethora of issues I've dealt with on my game, often rendering it barely playable, I still couldn't resist playing it just to get into the modes and laugh.

This game has personality and character, which I haven't seen much of since the 90s B/W era.

We're all hoping epthegeek knows how much we enjoy and appreciate his work, so we can hopefully get some more goodies added to an already awesome code.

#14750 2 years ago

Erik and Bowen are the best parts of this game. The layout is fun to shoot, but we could go back and forth all day about things we'd fix or prefer.
The code itself, and the implantation of the theme is superb. Even with a plethora of issues I've dealt with on my game, often rendering it barely playable, I still couldn't resist playing it just to get into the modes and laugh.
This game has personality and character, which I haven't seen much of since the 90s B/W era.
We're all hoping epthegeek knows how much we enjoy and appreciate his work, so we can hopefully get some more goodies added to.an already awesome code.

Well said.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,500.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/295 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.