(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 404.
#14601 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I doubt this is your issue, but here is something that happens to me occasionally (and might impact someone later).
My backboard flexes a bit when I'm lifting the PF a lot. I imagine it's on screws/brackets that could be tightened, however getting to them is likely difficult without taking the PF out (which I'm not going to do).
So...the other day I was getting rejects from the left ramp after installing my bushings. Reason: the left ramp top is supposed to be within the cutout. If the ramp isn't within the cutout (as a side-effect of the backboard flexing), the ball will get rejected.

Interesting!

But are we talking about the same thing. My ball gets about 3/4 way up, and then rolls back down.

How would the ramp not be within the cutout? Can you clarify. Are you saying the ramping is bending/bowing, which would increase the incline?

My ramp also presses right against the left cabinet wall, which I know isn't like some of the other games I've seen on here, but not much I can do about that since I can't move my ramp without major modification.

Anyhow, can you explain the ramp issue you were having a bit more, so I can figure out what to look for on my game.

Thanks!

#14602 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Interesting!
But are we talking about the same thing. My ball gets about 3/4 way up, and then rolls back down.
How would the ramp not be within the cutout? Can you clarify. Are you saying the ramping is bending/bowing, which would increase the incline?
My ramp also presses right against the left cabinet wall, which I know isn't like some of the other games I've seen on here, but not much I can do about that since I can't move my ramp without major modification.
Anyhow, can you explain the ramp issue you were having a bit more, so I can figure out what to look for on my game.
Thanks!

Let us know what difference you notice once flippers have been lowered. It might be easy to underestimate how much difference this actually makes.

The excessively high bats cause alot of drag when trying to propel the ball, wedging it downward into the playfield instead of forward laterally. Doesn't work with high bats. I think you'll be set once the bushes or spacers are in there and you then necessarily lower your flipper power by probably about 10 notches, at the same time as now making the left ramp.

After the flippers are corrected, if you left the power on 40 or whatever, the ball probably punch a hole in the back of your cabinet then! Lol

Lowering the bats is the First thing to be doing rather than the last resort.

#14603 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Let us know what difference you notice once flippers have been lowered. It might be easy to underestimate how much difference this actually makes.
The excessively high bats cause alot of drag when trying to propel the ball, wedging it downward into the playfield instead of forward laterally. Doesn't work with high bats. I think you'll be set once the bushes or spacers are in there and you then necessarily lower your flipper power by probably about 10 notches, at the same time as now making the left ramp.
After the flippers are corrected, if you left the power on 40 or whatever, the ball probably punch a hole in the back of your cabinet then! Lol
Lowering the bats is the First thing to be doing rather than the last resort.

Waiting on spacers/bushings, but I'll report back once I get the flippers lowered.

For now, can someone confirm if the ramp should be making contact with the house in the game.

Thanks!

#14604 2 years ago

Restart a game after a bad first ball on the game for some Easter eggs.

#14605 2 years ago

Curious to know if your ramp hole is lined up the same. Mine is clearly on an angle, and wondering if maybe it's also too high.

Can someone share a photo of theirs.

Thanks!

PXL_20210623_220934179 (resized).jpgPXL_20210623_220934179 (resized).jpg
#14606 2 years ago

WizardsCastle - Here you go. My ramp does not touch the side of the cabinet or the house.

20210623_184328 (resized).jpg20210623_184328 (resized).jpg20210623_184346 (resized).jpg20210623_184346 (resized).jpg20210623_184401 (resized).jpg20210623_184401 (resized).jpg
#14607 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

WizardsCastle - Here you go. My ramp does not touch the side of the cabinet or the house.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, brother! Appreciate you greatly for doing that.

Looks like the hole is about the same from what I can tell.

I took a look at the ramp after the post from snaroff and the backboard definitely seems to move a bit. I pushed it forward towards the front of the game, and adjusted my flipper angle a bit, and in the 5 minutes I had to test it out earlier, it was working better.

Going to put a couple of games on it tonight to see if the flipper fades. Hopefully not!

Thank you all

#14608 2 years ago

For flipper alignment is the photo where the flipper isn’t touching the straight edge incorrect and the photo where the end of the flipper is touching the straight edge correct? Thanks for helping never tried to do this before without the holes.

Is there another way that is better I might be missing?

C0733E11-551D-45A2-88E0-99F50F4F3BF0 (resized).jpegC0733E11-551D-45A2-88E0-99F50F4F3BF0 (resized).jpegF2AB1CD3-8EBA-458A-A670-99B758142EEE (resized).jpegF2AB1CD3-8EBA-458A-A670-99B758142EEE (resized).jpeg
#14609 2 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

For flipper alignment is the photo where the flipper isn’t touching the straight edge incorrect and the photo where the end of the flipper is touching the straight edge correct? Thanks for helping never tried to do this before without the holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The playfield has the two small holes to use to line up the flippers. They are probably covered by your flippers in both photos.

#14610 2 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

and the photo where the end of the flipper is touching the straight edge correct?

That’s how I do them when I rebuild them, on 99% of my machines.

So the face of the flipper is in line with the inlane guides. Parallel with your metal ruler.

I think the only pin I haven’t done this to is BM66 - because Gomez said he wanted it shipped with “droopy” flippers, so I’ve left it as it came.

rd

#14611 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

The playfield has the two small holes to use to line up the flippers. They are probably covered by your flippers in both photos.

Spooky says these holes were drilled in the wrong place, and they do not use them.

Not saying you can't, I'm just quoting them.

#14612 2 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Neither photo shows it "correct" as I'd put it. Align the flipper so the top side is pefectly in-line with the straightedge on the inlane. Not angled slightly away (upper photo) or towards (lower photo). Flipper top side should be parallel and slightly away from the straightedge the whole length of the flipper.

#14613 2 years ago

No dice

Played tonight, and the game went for about 20 mins.

After about 10-15 mins, I just couldn't hit the left ramp anymore from a cradle. I did manage to get one shot up the ramp from a rolling ball.

So it's better than it was, but not as good as I had it for the last month.

I'm going to try the X-spacers and hopefully this makes a difference in my issue.

#14614 2 years ago

Man, no offense, but I think you either got a lemon, or you did too much for no reason and caused problems. No one else here rebuilt their flippers or are having those continuous problems. Almost all problems were due to the software. Yes the higher bushings cause their own set of issues, but not the stuff you've been having. You are likely to see more power after adjusting that, but I don't think it's going to resolve your issue, unless when you rebuilt them you did something incorrectly and in the process of putting in the spacers you 'fix' whatever was done.

As of yet I haven't done anything with my bushings, my level is at 6.9 and default power levels and never had issues making ramps, even after an hour of play. (as an example).

#14615 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man, no offense, but I think you either got a lemon, or you did too much for no reason and caused problems. No one else here rebuilt their flippers or are having those continuous problems. Almost all problems were due to the software. Yes the higher bushings cause their own set of issues, but not the stuff you've been having. You are likely to see more power after adjusting that, but I don't think it's going to resolve your issue, unless when you rebuilt them you did something incorrectly and in the process of putting in the spacers you 'fix' whatever was done.
As of yet I haven't done anything with my bushings, my level is at 6.9 and default power levels and never had issues making ramps, even after an hour of play. (as an example).

I agree, something is up. I had it working, so there is something finicky that I can't isolate.

Have to play around with it some more, but I'm not stranger to adjusting flippers, so it's not a rookie error.

#14616 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to rebuild flippers to put in these new bushings? Also im guessing when rebuilding them the best alignmennt is using a straight edge to have them directly in line with the ball guides not the holes?

#14617 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to rebuild flippers to put in these new bushings? Also im guessing when rebuilding them the best alignmennt is using a straight edge to have them directly in line with the ball guides not the holes?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#14618 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:Does anyone have a link to a guide on how to rebuild flippers to put in these new bushings?

do you buy the new bushings from Pinball life or something?

#14619 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

do you buy the new bushings from Pinball life or something?

It sounds like Spooky will send them to you if you a) email them and b) enjoy rebuilding flippers .

#14620 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

This seems pretty informative. Apologies if a link to this is in the Vids guide link already provided.

Watch "Flipper Assembly Basics" on YouTube

#14621 2 years ago

Spooky says these holes were drilled in the wrong place, and they do not use them.
Not saying you can't, I'm just quoting them.

Didn’t know that, good to know. Thanks!

#14622 2 years ago

Just installed the new shorter bushings (which Spooky sent me SUPER quickly, thanks Spooky!).

After I ripped everything apart I aligned the flippers to be straight with the lane guides, and slapped on some standard red flipper rubbers.

Result? MUCH smoother shots, easier to bounce pass and trap, I can backhand the right ramp from a cradle, and I made it to the Wizard mode for the first time since I've owned it the past couple weeks. So yeah, I recommend folks hop on that!

#14623 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just installed the new shorter bushings (which Spooky sent me SUPER quickly, thanks Spooky!).
After I ripped everything apart I aligned the flippers to be straight with the lane guides, and slapped on some standard red flipper rubbers.
Result? MUCH smoother shots, easier to bounce pass and trap, I can backhand the right ramp from a cradle, and I made it to the Wizard mode for the first time since I've owned it the past couple weeks. So yeah, I recommend folks hop on that!

Any noticeable power increase on the flippers? Any easier to hit that left ramp?

#14624 2 years ago

Any noticeable power increase on the flippers? Any easier to hit that left ramp?

I would be surprised if not, with the difference it made on mine:

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, I just changed out my bushings last night, and now I'm falling in love with the game all over again! SO much better. No problem whatsoever making the left ramp. I may have to turn down the flipper power from the stock setting!

#14625 2 years ago

Can anyone explain the four bulbs reflecting off the plastic in the garage to me? I assume they are there to create a light show inside the garage, but from my playing perspective they mostly reflect off the green plastic out front. Are they supposed to be centered over the portal hole to make it look like a swirling portal?

IMG_4679 (resized).jpgIMG_4679 (resized).jpgIMG_4684 (resized).jpgIMG_4684 (resized).jpg
#14626 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Can anyone explain the four bulbs reflecting off the plastic in the garage to me? I assume they are there to create a light show inside the garage, but from my playing perspective they mostly reflect off the green plastic out front. Are they supposed to be centered over the portal hole to make it look like a swirling portal?

yes and yes....just a poor implementation. I think it might be better with some sort of filter over them.Actually thought someone would have modded this by now. I've been too busy playingi to care.

#14627 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yes and yes....just a poor implementation. I think it might be better with some sort of filter over them.Actually thought someone would have modded this by now. I've been too busy playingi to care.

Someone should print up a slightly transparent "garage floor" sticker...perhaps modeled after a nice epoxy blend. It would allow the light through but not distract with the reflection.

My view is the same, thought maybe it was only me since I'm short.

#14628 2 years ago

Let me tell you how ridiculously hard R&M is... I decided to playy other pins last night which haven't been turned on in over 2 months.

I almost beat LOTR and AIQ in back to back games!

It felt like a walk in the park keeping the ball alive.

It was weird though when the ball would go towards the right outlane and I'd slap the cabinet looking for that magna-save!

#14629 2 years ago

Let me tell you how ridiculously hard R&M is... I decided to playy other pins last night which haven't been turned on in over 2 months.
It was weird though when the ball would go towards the right outlane and I'd slap the cabinet looking for that magna-save!

I have had the same experiences.

#14630 2 years ago

If you primarily play R&M for just a few days, your skills are greatly improve. The rest of your games open up to new levels.

#14631 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

If you primarily play R&M for just a few days, your skills are greatly improve. The rest of your games open up to new levels.

Except trying to bash the magna save. lol

#14632 2 years ago

So I guess you really need to have the magna-finger itching and pressing any time you *think* the ball *might* be headed that way? I've never had a game with magna-save before and it kills me how "by the time the ball is there it's too late so what's the point?" the timing seems to be.

But on the other hand, the few times I've successfully made it work have been god-like and hilarious. It's crazy how the ball just gets flung out on a random arc, and that bzzt-fart noise timed with it is hilarious.

I will NOT dwell on the equal number of times where the manga-save has instead quite clearly farted the ball into the OUTLANE though. It seems so coin-flip arbitrary, I almost can't be mad "if it might have ended there anyway"? Coin-flip win-some-lose-some and all. But still stings to know the MS killed me when it otherwise might have settled into the inlane...

...this thing is so whack, but so fun. Like all pinball I hope one day I look back on my play at this point and think "yeah, you were dumb and crappy then... it's all so obvious and better now".

#14633 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So I guess you really need to have the magna-finger itching and pressing any time you *think* the ball *might* be headed that way? I've never had a game with magna-save before and it kills me how "by the time the ball is there it's too late so what's the point?" the timing seems to be.
But on the other hand, the few times I've successfully made it work have been god-like and hilarious. It's crazy how the ball just gets flung out on a random arc, and that bzzt-fart noise timed with it is hilarious.
I will NOT dwell on the equal number of times where the manga-save has instead quite clearly farted the ball into the OUTLANE though. It seems so coin-flip arbitrary, I almost can't be mad "if it might have ended there anyway"? Coin-flip win-some-lose-some and all. But still stings to know the MS killed me when it otherwise might have settled into the inlane...
...this thing is so whack, but so fun. Like all pinball I hope one day I look back on my play at this point and think "yeah, you were dumb and crappy then... it's all so obvious and better now".

This is similar to my experience, and I too find it hilarious. I find when the ball is coming more downward (less side to side movement), the quick tap - buzz - fling over the sling makes me feel like I know what I'm doing. Then there is the diagonal angle medium speed ball and when I'm apparently in the mood to press the magna button instead of tap it, and the ball moves from the safe inner lane directly to the outlane for a drain. Finally, the quick ball that moves so fast that by the time I press the magna button its as if there are no magnets at all and then the ball drains and I feel like a slow idiot.

Bonus for the 4th scenario where I don't know what to do since I just lost a ball over there, so I just hold the button to drain all of my magnet power and watch the ball sway side to side, only to release the button at the perfect time to have the ball gracefully exit the outlane.

#14634 2 years ago

On the opposite side...the number of times that the slingshot has rocketed the ball to the left outlane is mind numbing.

Then of course you have the 'every shot you brick goes right down the center drain' issue as well.

#14635 2 years ago

It helps to think exactly where the magnet is (the A) and if you want the ball pushed up or out you have to wait until it gets on the other side of the A. And it's a pretty powerful magnet so you generally don't need more than a half-second of pulse to do useful things.

#14636 2 years ago

Let me tell you how ridiculously hard R&M is... I decided to play other pins last night which haven't been turned on in over 2 months.

Truth! I have only had R&M for a few weeks, so I have been playing it almost exclusively. Today I decided to play a few games on Iron Maiden and I was able to hit those upper loops that I always felt were so hard with at least double the success ratio I normally have. R&M will definitely make you a better player.

Quoted from Zablon:

On the opposite side...the number of times that the slingshot has rocketed the ball to the left outlane is mind numbing.

That is weird as I would swear I have only had like 4 or 5 total left lane drains in the couple of hundred games I have played. I wonder if my slingshot is set up differently?

#14637 2 years ago

Oh, and I did the exact same thing with trying to hit a magna save button that wasn't there when the ball went near the right outlane on Maiden.

Every game should have a magna save like this one! I freaking love that thing.

#14638 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

That is weird as I would swear I have only had like 4 or 5 total left lane drains in the couple of hundred games I have played. I wonder if my slingshot is set up differently?

Hard to say...I've even had the ball bounce off a straight down shot off the top of the right outlane and go straight to the left outlane more than once.

#14639 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hard to say...I've even had the ball bounce off a straight down shot off the top of the right outlane and go straight to the left outlane more than once.

Our Tears have what Scott Danesi craves.

#14640 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I closed that left outlane down, because I decided it sucked being wide open like it was from the box Lol

... . It seems so coin-flip arbitrary, I almost can't be mad "if it might have ended there anyway"? Coin-flip win-some-lose-some and all. But still stings to know the MS killed me when it otherwise might have settled into the inlane...

More practice!

Indeed it is important to observe when Not to use it. But, it definitely isn't "coin flip arbitrary" after you get used to it.

My biggest fails come when the ball is rocketing with "thread the needle" pinpoint determination to smoothly and rapidly flow straight from open playfield past the magnet and down the outlane.

That feeling when you were too slow, and it becomes obvious how apt the label "anti-gravity" is ... as you have the button mashed and it's making the noise repeating (Lol) ... as the ball halts its exit and "hovers" just at the sweet spot in the outlane and unable to pull it back out, until the anti-grav is expired.

Tip when that occurs, let go before it's all used up, save that anti-grav for the next ball. Have to admit that it isn't coming back now. It still is funny to watch ones self hoping for the virtually impossible, hovering ball in the outlane, "maybe it will just magically pop back out if I just keep holding it!?" Lol

I love this game!!

#14641 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

It helps to think exactly where the magnet is (the A) and if you want the ball pushed up or out you have to wait until it gets on the other side of the A. And it's a pretty powerful magnet so you generally don't need more than a half-second of pulse to do useful things.

I cannot argue with this perfect, logical sense. Yet it makes me wonder if you and others aren't just literally gifted with some sort of bird's-eye visual processing speed of 120fps or something, because if I *could* suss the ball's traversal from "one side of the A to the other side in .0001 seconds", I'd be so good at pinball I wouldn't even NEED magnasave!

But I get what you're saying. I stand by my assertion that can't be done for *every* ball, but there might be a fair enough number if could pay enough attention to tune my slo-mo vision....

Quoted from razorsedge:

That feeling when you were too slow, and it becomes obvious how apt the label "anti-gravity" is ... as you have the button mashed and it's making the noise repeating (Lol) ... as the ball halts its exit and "hovers" just at the sweet spot in the outlane and unable to pull it back out, until the anti-grav is expired.

OTOH... based on this it sounds like those slowish balls that are sort of straddling / bouncing before fully deciding in-or-out, might truly be lost causes more often than not!

#14642 2 years ago

With a new pin from Spooky being announced any day now, I wonder if we will be getting any more modes on Rick and Morty?

#14643 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Oh, and I did the exact same thing with trying to hit a magna save button that wasn't there when the ball went near the right outlane on Maiden.
Every game should have a magna save like this one! I freaking love that thing.

We have 'Phantom Anti-Gravity Syndrome" (PAGS) when ever we play our other games.

#14644 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

With a new pin from Spooky being announced any day now, I wonder if we will be getting any more modes on Rick and Morty?

I believe Eric was only contracted for R&M so I don't suspect one would impact the other much, but you never know.

#14645 2 years ago

Just installed the X-Spacers from Ninja Camp and wow. The game feels incredibly responsive now, exactly as you would expect it to play.

#14646 2 years ago

Installed the X-spacers and MRS today. Playing smooth and fast!

#14647 2 years ago

Just started to install my printed spacers for the flippers, and i notice half the screws installed so far are 3/8th and not 1/2th long. Is this normal?

thanks

#14648 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:Just started to install my printed spacers for the flippers, and i notice half the screws installed so far are 3/8th and not 1/2th long. Is this normal?
thanks

It is. The shorter ones are on the inside.

#14649 2 years ago

I think my dick is broken.

I came downstairs this morning to install the new flipper bushings and saw this.

Sent Spooky an email they responded very quickly and they are sending me a new dick.

They are the best when I have had any problems. I have 3 Spooky games and love them all.

1437F431-7FE6-4BAA-8AAF-334EC2F8E470 (resized).jpeg1437F431-7FE6-4BAA-8AAF-334EC2F8E470 (resized).jpeg
#14650 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

It is. The shorter ones are on the inside.

Ok, so then I should use the new 5/8ths on the outside and use the supplied 1/2's on the insides?
thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 293 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/293?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.