(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,231 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 minutes ago by Alaskanzen
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 405.
#14501 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I over tightened the flipper bolt and grooved the post. Can anyone tell me which flipper fits rick and morty. Pinball life doesnt describe any of the flipper/bat assemblies as fitting spooky or rick and morty specifically. Thanks

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7489-L

#14502 2 years ago

Anyone else finding that you have like one good ball a game, then it's super fast drains?

I will have like a 20M ball, then it's 2- balls that barely put up any points.

Never reset a game anywhere as much as I find myself doing with this thing.

PXL_20210621_055621128 (resized).jpgPXL_20210621_055621128 (resized).jpg
#14503 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone else finding that you have like one good ball a game, then it's super fast drains?
Never reset a game anywhere as much as I find myself doing with this thing.[quoted image]

You have to turn off the game restart ability. It's just as likely that a crap game will have an amazing 3rd ball, but you'll never see it.

#14504 2 years ago

Never reset a game anywhere as much as I find myself doing with this thing.[quoted image]

Damn!

#14505 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I over tightened the flipper bolt and grooved the post. Can anyone tell me which flipper fits rick and morty. Pinball life doesnt describe any of the flipper/bat assemblies as fitting spooky or rick and morty specifically. Thanks

This is why I hate removing the stupid flippers! I think this game uses standard Williams style flipper bats. I don’t think you would have an issue with anything designed for Stern, Spooky, American or JJP. If anyone else knows for fact, please chime in.

#14506 2 years ago

Holy crap dude, maybe relax a bit? Or maybe you like seeing butts and listening to poop noises, I dunno.

A game has to be spectacularly bad through ball 2 for me to reset.

#14507 2 years ago

7223D5F0-CDF3-4B78-889F-393A3DD9DD4D (resized).jpeg7223D5F0-CDF3-4B78-889F-393A3DD9DD4D (resized).jpeg

But honestly, I find the opposite, because it’s so slow on A Spooky game compared to Stern for example. If anything I’ll only do it because it’s funny on RNM.

#14508 2 years ago

Some of you haven't learned the art of Right service button, Left service button.

#14509 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]
But honestly, I find the opposite, because it’s so slow on A Spooky game compared to Stern for example. If anything I’ll only do it because it’s funny on RNM.

Indeed, it is almost quicker to play out the two "imminent" house balls anyway! lol

#14510 2 years ago

quick follow up to my minor gripe about the upper flipper garage shot: while the rail had a nice smooth curve to it, it was still prone of the post above the Rick target, almost 3/8" inch. Enough such that a ball could strike the end of the rail outright, which seems objectively wrong.

So I moved the end of the rail down so that its end is flush with the top of the post (Yes I had to self-tap a new hole for this, but the rail tab covers the old one so it's no big deal). WOW what a difference! Shot is much smoother with no rattles, and if/when it does fail there's no question that "I flubbed it that time". I make the shot more often than not now and scores immediately reflected that - now I just need to get better overall (damn magna-save timing is my nemesis. Er, Nimbus?)

It's great to not have "that nagging feeling that something is off" anymore. Weirdly, that feeling is too strange of a "gut nag" to put into words - even with 18months of everyone posting about their similar experiences here, you almost have to sense it for yourself. I'm glad there were enough hints and tips here to find the resolution.

#14511 2 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend! Haven’t had any issues with any of the shots yet, seems to make inner loop and garage shot fine. Awesome theme, light show and sound package. Any wizard mode? Or is filling the card and selecting love potion kinda like a wizard mode?

#14512 2 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Joined the club over the weekend! Haven’t had any issues with any of the shots yet, seems to make inner loop and garage shot fine. Awesome theme, light show and sound package. Any wizard mode? Or is filling the card and selecting love potion kinda like a wizard mode?

If you set your card to 0 stamps at the start of the game, it is most definitely like a Wizard Mode.

#14513 2 years ago

So when your card is complete, you can choose a not-completed mode and the score will be multiplied by the amoung of completed modes? Or not?
So if you completed 5 modes you play a mode with 5x ??

#14514 2 years ago

I got my flipper bushings from Spooky (they just sent them to me btw), and swapped them this weekend. All 3 of my flippers are all wonky now. They dont return back to normal, they sometimes go straight up or down, or stop in different directions during gameplay. I have no idea what I did wrong putting them back together. I've emailed Spooky but I'm hoping someone here might know and this is an easy fix.

thumbnail_IMG_0384 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0384 (resized).jpg
#14515 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I got my flipper bushings from Spooky (they just sent them to me btw), and swapped them this weekend. All 3 of my flippers are all wonky now. They dont return back to normal, they sometimes go straight up or down, or stop in different directions during gameplay. I have no idea what I did wrong putting them back together. I've emailed Spooky but I'm hoping someone here might know and this is an easy fix.
[quoted image]

You need a 1-2mm gap between the bat and the bushing. Slide a credit card under there before tightening or use the fancy plastic spacer tool.

#14516 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You need a 1-2mm gap between the bat and the bushing. Slide a credit card under there before tightening or use the fancy plastic spacer tool.

This gap?

Inkedthumbnail_IMG_0384_LI (resized).jpgInkedthumbnail_IMG_0384_LI (resized).jpg
#14517 2 years ago

Also check that your coil stop bracket isn't cattywampus after reinstalling it. Loosen it up and make sure the coil is nice and snug between the two brackets and retighten. This probably isn't the issue since it's all three, but just something to look for.

#14518 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

This gap?
[quoted image]

No. Above the playfield. As mentioned, use a flipper gauge tool (see pic), or just slide a credit card in there.

937D40A6-91D0-4050-9977-E3D56DC56C69 (resized).jpeg937D40A6-91D0-4050-9977-E3D56DC56C69 (resized).jpeg
#14519 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

[quoted image]

Read Vid’s guide to flipper rebuilds. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to get right and can be frustrating the first time you do it but it’s necessary to learn how to do!

#14520 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

No. Above the playfield. As mentioned, use a flipper gauge tool (see pic), or just slide a credit card in there.
[quoted image]

Ahh gotcha thanks

#14521 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Read Vid’s guide to flipper rebuilds. It’s not the easiest thing in the world to get right and can be frustrating the first time you do it but it’s necessary to learn how to do!

Yeah, I spent about 4 hours trying to troubleshoot it myself yesterday with no luck. Definitely frustrating since I figured it would be an easy on/off swap... Nope! Looks like I have some reading up to do. Appreciate all the help guys, thanks.

#14522 2 years ago

I got mine almost a year ago and I've been reading about flippers and bushings and noticed mine have a wider gap between them and the playfield than my Sterns. I just don't feel any differences between the games. I've read people on here said it's night and day but I'm pretty happy with mine. All the wear is on the bottom half of the flipper, rather than the middle, but just don't know how much better it could get by going through and replacing the flippers/bushings. I am replacing my rollovers with the magnetic ones though and excited about that upgrade.

#14523 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I got mine almost a year ago and I've been reading about flippers and bushings and noticed mine have a wider gap between them and the playfield than my Sterns. I just don't feel any differences between the games. I've read people on here said it's night and day but I'm pretty happy with mine. All the wear is on the bottom half of the flipper, rather than the middle, but just don't know how much better it could get by going through and replacing the flippers/bushings. I am replacing my rollovers with the magnetic ones though and excited about that upgrade.

It's got to do with where the rubber is hitting the ball and the physics behind it. It will make a difference. Do you 'have' to? No, you are used to it as is.

#14524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have to turn off the game restart ability. It's just as likely that a crap game will have an amazing 3rd ball, but you'll never see it.

Faulty logic.

If you restarted the game, that "amazing 3rd ball" would have been your 1st ball instead.

#14525 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Well, I just changed out my bushings last night, and now I'm falling in love with the game all over again! SO much better. No problem whatsoever making the left ramp. I may have to turn down the flipper power from the stock setting!

On the other hand, sure, spend a bunch on magnetic rollovers if throwing money at things is your usual way of handling problems, but my switches still work great with the way I bent each blade so that the slightest touch triggers the switch.

Quoted from RobT:

Faulty logic.
If you restarted the game, that "amazing 3rd ball" would have been your 1st ball instead.

Speaking of faulty logic... are you saying that ball outcomes are predetermined?

#14526 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, I just changed out my bushings last night, and now I'm falling in love with the game all over again! SO much better. No problem whatsoever making the left ramp. I may have to turn down the flipper power from the stock setting!
On the other hand, sure, spend a bunch on magnetic rollovers if throwing money at things is your usual way of handling problems, but my switches still work great with the way I bent each blade so that the slightest touch triggers the switch.

The locations are a pita to get to make adjustments. I tried the back ones multiple times and only made them worse. I finally gave in and got the magnetic ones and much happier...and no more flyballs either.

I did have to adjust my inlane switches though early on and got those dialed in no problem.

#14527 2 years ago

Speaking of faulty logic... are you saying that ball outcomes are predetermined?

He was saying that, and based on that presumption, it would be ball 1 instead of ball 3.

#14528 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Faulty logic.

The triumph of turning a crap game completely around on the last ball is way more satisfying than having a great first ball and having the game end badly with two terrible balls.

My advice remains the same. Turn off the restart.

#14529 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The triumph of turning a crap game completely around on the last ball is way more satisfying than having a great first ball and having the game end badly with two terrible balls.

I definitely agree with you there.

If I am by myself playing, I tell myself that I am in a tournament and that the pressure is on to pull out a great ball 3 after having two crap balls to start, and that I advance to the next round if I do so.

Sometimes I also fantasize about being the lead singer in a rock band.

#14530 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think he just likes looking at butts.

#14531 2 years ago

Huh. I have never had a flyball off those switches, or a hangup, since the bends I made also made the activator section less of an arc and also lower to the pf.

I imagine some are not picturing the tortured bends I made, so I lifted the pf just now to get a pic. The wire is bent so that the switch is almost activated at all times. Before, the switch had to be depressed like 2/3 of the way before it would register. Now, the lightest touch triggers it.

PXL_20210621_183106714 (resized).jpgPXL_20210621_183106714 (resized).jpg
#14532 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Turn off the restart.

And be sure to hide your key so you can't just enter/exit the menu!

Or, maybe just don't restart?

But to claim that the ball you would have had as ball 2 or 3 is the same one you will have as ball 1 after a restart is silly.

#14533 2 years ago

But to claim that the ball you would have had as ball 2 or 3 is the same one you will have as ball 1 after a restart is silly.

No more silly than to say that "It's just as likely that a crap game will have an amazing 3rd ball, but you'll never see it."

#14534 2 years ago

I will never understand those who think the object of pinball is to have one good ball.

#14535 2 years ago

I will never understand that people who think the object of pinball is to cradle every shot. lol

but to your point, it's not about 1 good ball, it's about 3 good balls, and if the first one is crap, no point continuing - the games are free...kinda the point of owning them.

#14536 2 years ago

With the way megaseeds work, it's better to have a killer last ball than first ball. More seeds to cash in.

#14537 2 years ago

I will never understand those who think the object of pinball is to have one good ball.

Who said that?

#14538 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

t's not about 1 good ball, it's about 3 good balls, and if the first one is crap, no point continuing

You are training yourself to lose in competition, but as you said, your game, play as you like...

#14539 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You are training yourself to lose in competition, but as you said, your game, play as you like...

I get that, but not something I do so not a big deal. And, really that concept applies the same as balls. Any ball has the potential to be good or bad, regardless of what # it is.

#14540 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who said that?

I was paraphrasing, tongue-in-cheek.

#14541 2 years ago

I was paraphrasing, tongue-in-cheek.

There are days I'd love to have 1 good ball.

#14542 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are days I'd love to have 1 good ball.

Are we still talking pinball?

#14543 2 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Are we still talking pinball?

#14544 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-restart-your-game-after-a-bad-1st-ball

When I’m at location and kids or newbs always play a ball or two and walk away, I like to take over and try to win a game with what’s left. So yeah, anti-restart.
I checked my location R&M today...2,700 games (on new code) , 4 restarts.
At least 2 restarts were me showing someone the butt screen, lol

#14545 2 years ago

2700 games since 5/18? (That seems like a lot)
How's she holding up?

#14546 2 years ago

I just got my game in and I'm trying to update it to the newest build. The USB port isn't in the same spot as the help video, where is it located?

#14547 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I just got my game in and I'm trying to update it to the newest build. The USB port isn't in the same spot as the help video, where is it located?

bottom right of back box. Blue ports.

#14548 2 years ago

Is it this one? I had use my phone's camera to see underneath and looks like the only blue ports. I got it plugged in and switched it on but it didn't give me an update screen.

20210621_190048 (resized).jpg20210621_190048 (resized).jpg
#14549 2 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Is it this one? I had use my phone's camera to see underneath and looks like the only blue ports. I got it plugged in and switched it on but it didn't give me an update screen.
[quoted image]

Try the usb hub three ports over to the right of your circled one.

#14550 2 years ago

I haven’t been able to adjust anything on my game I broke my wrist the day after my game arrived? Been almost a month can’t wait to get my flippers playing better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/291?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.