(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 405.
#14151 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

#620 has landed! a year and a half later and I can not wait to dig in! However, I stayed away from info while I waited...Is there a cheat sheet for what should be done for playability? I'm sure there are plenty of tweaks to be done. I just wonder what's the most important. Also, does anyone else have an issue with the lockbar not wanting to clear the glass easily? I really have to force/finagle to get my bar past the glass. Also, is there no cover for the pocket screw hole?!?
Thanks, Jim
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Make sure to go out and get the latest beta update and set everything to default to start. Make flipper/coil adjustments as necessary.

play it for a few weeks first and if you find it clunky or rattling, or impossible, then look at making playfield adjustments. There are key posts with the more likely adjustments - but with the later games may not be needed. The only outstanding thing we know needs fixed on all of them is the flipper bushing height.

#14152 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

#620 has landed! a year and a half later and I can not wait to dig in! However, I stayed away from info while I waited...Is there a cheat sheet for what should be done for playability? I'm sure there are plenty of tweaks to be done. I just wonder what's the most important. Also, does anyone else have an issue with the lockbar not wanting to clear the glass easily? I really have to force/finagle to get my bar past the glass. Also, is there no cover for the pocket screw hole?!?
Thanks, Jim
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Go to the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, sort by keypost summary and scroll down to the keyposts labeled "TECH" that link to pretty much any subject you want for dialing it in.

#14153 2 years ago
Quoted from jim5six:

Thanks, Jim
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Make sure the game is completely level for your lockbar issue. The cab needs to be totally level for the glass and cab to be square.

#14154 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Make sure the game is completely level for your lockbar issue. The cab needs to be totally level for the glass and cab to be square.

----THIS---- ^^^^^

#14155 2 years ago

Cab square, EOS set, latest software is about it to start.
I'd just take it from there

#14156 2 years ago

The glass channel at the top could be catching. One of my games does this and requires a little extra guidance to fully slide the glass in.

#14157 2 years ago

Spooky Pinball meet Spooky House.
C0998A49-BA93-4BBF-9A0B-72416EDE878A (resized).jpegC0998A49-BA93-4BBF-9A0B-72416EDE878A (resized).jpeg

#14158 2 years ago

Posted this on the next Spooky pinball machine thread and just sharing it here too.

2021 Fang Club merchandise pics...

0D3517C1-A796-4D88-8ED6-567117005EC2 (resized).jpeg0D3517C1-A796-4D88-8ED6-567117005EC2 (resized).jpeg26EF3491-75F7-4D24-93D7-9E6EA5C1E4A3 (resized).jpeg26EF3491-75F7-4D24-93D7-9E6EA5C1E4A3 (resized).jpegB160630B-602C-4638-970F-A218FFBB8C7D (resized).jpegB160630B-602C-4638-970F-A218FFBB8C7D (resized).jpegDB720C47-2ED3-402F-A97A-861320E49E55 (resized).jpegDB720C47-2ED3-402F-A97A-861320E49E55 (resized).jpeg
#14159 2 years ago

After following this game, got a chance to play for a few hours.

It's a ton of fun, and unlike any game out there.

Once I understood getting megaseeds from dimensions, it literally added a new dimension to the game

Finishing adventures was challenging, and I have to admit I was hoping for more fanfare/reward for completion.

I know you get a green card but never got far enough to use it!

Gonna have to pick one of these up for sure.

I hope more adventures to come?

Loved Roy - absolute stone cold classic

#14160 2 years ago

If anyone is considering installing the Pinball Monk coil cooling fans, I made a tutorial on the install process. I just installed these and they work great. Stay safe and play more pinball.

#14161 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

If anyone is considering installing the Pinball Monk coil cooling fans, I made a tutorial on the install process. I just installed these and they work great. Stay safe and play more pinball.

Wow, this is great. It's obvious you put a lot of work into it, but it only applies to the very first Rick and Morty Tibetan Breeze kits I sent out. I redesigned the bracket to mount from the side like the Spike kits because it proved to be more reliable over time. All the current orders (and backorders) are getting the redesigned brackets. It's also why the kit says Rick and Morty now instead of Spooky. Because they mount from the side, I have to customize the brackets for each Spooky pin a little due to the geography around the flipper plates.

#14162 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, this is great. It's obvious you put a lot of work into it, but it only applies to the very first Rick and Morty Tibetan Breeze kits I sent out. I redesigned the bracket to mount from the side like the Spike kits because it proved to be more reliable over time. All the current orders (and backorders) are getting the redesigned brackets. It's also why the kit says Rick and Morty now instead of Spooky. Because they mount from the side, I have to customize the brackets for each Spooky pin a little due to the geography around the flipper plates.

Thanks for the info Pinmonk. I ordered my set a while back while waiting on my game from Spooky so I suspect the switch to the new bracket was just after that. I can always add “Early Version” so people know there is a difference. Thanks again for creating these, it is much appreciated.

#14163 2 years ago

Thanks for the info Pinmonk. I ordered my set a while back while waiting on my game from Spooky so I suspect the switch to the new bracket was just after that. I can always add “Early Version” so people know there is a difference. Thanks again for creating these, it is much appreciated.

Love your channel, btw! Keep it up with the videos.

#14164 2 years ago

I love your delivery! It reminds me of how it’s made. Very cool.

#14165 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I enjoy making them and have met some great people as a result. Will keep them coming.

#14166 2 years ago
Quoted from Helixthree:

My first NEW PIN! I just took delivery of Rick and Morty (Blood Suckers Edition) 629 today. It was a real whirly direly solving the puzzle of 33 inch pallet into 34 inch doorway with 3 other guys we found ourselves wedged in just right, a pivot and shift and then we were ready to set it up.
My curiosity grew as I could not find a user service manual, or even more than the keys, screws, balls, and the half sheet of PCLOADLETTERWTFDOESTHATMEAN printed directions I got to work.
>---I guess self important entitled me expected like a poster or some stickers or something extra in the box with the BSE... What do I know? ----<when will I learn that is for Fang Club members... who wait I am... meh.
***Out of the box it was 12.08.2020 code. ***Everything seemed to work, except the Numeric Display betwixt flippers was only half lighting up. The ribbon cable connectors don't appear to be tight, yet are glued in that position. I reseated them. It worked. They are lose 5 rounds later... Perhaps there is a solution for a retaining clip or is this another zip tie tape situation?
All happy times, until PDXMKY bless his heart, asked me if the flippers were having issues, or if i had updated the code yet. It was rumored to fix the flipper issue... (hadn't noticed) Excited to update the code to have more adventures I loaded it up on a USB 3 flash that apparently had some rand EFI partition on it in addition to the .pkg file. It soft bricked my machine during reboot after the code update executed. Devastated at my $8,000 paperweight I freaked out a tad, smoked a bowl and reimaged the code update on a very old spare 4 gb usb2 drive.
Installed and now the flippers were hesitating... What? Never had they before on the 12.8.2020 code I was content with until i MKYd with it. Well turns out it says to reinstall a second time because, just you have to. Interesting shit. I like the ease of USB flash, however it would be nice to either have a power / reset (power cycle button) near the Asrock ITX motherboard in the head. Or a Service manual explaining where such included luxuries are hidden.
At this point the game is now updated to 4.5.2021 ========Now the flippers SUCK! ===Not equal, not even resetting properly, mostly the right flipper. Weird its sounds like it would have not been affected by a code update if it was just 'wonky' EOS springs etc but frankly, I expected more than half a photocopied page as my holy tome of understanding...
This machine is light years beyond my friends' old Americas Most Haunted table i wasn't really able to play in 2015 because of the balls ALWAYs getting stuck in the same GD4saken spot.
Eagerly awaiting MKY to visit and help me 'stern spring' mod my flippers.. guess it is supposed 'to make the game playable.' Great mostly, but, would have loved tiny bit of swag, a service manual or perhaps something to help dim the hypnotizing and yet almost seizure educing green toper flashes. Grateful I was able to find the setting myself in the menu without a service manual. R T F M...? Please let me.
Love the new PIN smell, the playfield looks amazing compared to stern garbage pocking and orange peel on the clear. DRUM n BASS music is pretty much all it takes to get me to buy a pin and CELTS in the mail by Haggis has DNB BagPipe music... Shut up and take my money.
Rick and Morty and Celts will be the sexiest pins next to each other. Now about that Service Manual?
Glad to be a blood sucker.
And awwwwwaaaaay we go!
Thanks thx to Rob, MKY and Spooky for finally bringing me the joy I earned by hiding those mega seeds for TRAIN...
Helixthree the Pinabler

Oi, thank you for posting pallet size, can anyone else confirm the pallet is 33"? Debating whether or not I should just pop the hinges off my front door tomorrow around delivery time or not (I've got a 35" wide doorway).

Thank you!

#745 arriving tomorrow afternoooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!

#14167 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Oi, thank you for posting pallet size, can anyone else confirm the pallet is 33"? Debating whether or not I should just pop the hinges off my front door tomorrow around delivery time or not (I've got a 35" wide doorway).
Thank you!
#745 arriving tomorrow afternoooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!

Pop the hinges off the door and make sure to leave pallet on with straps. Box is sealed and strapped to pallet. Easier to move on stairs and doors with a fridge dolly when all strapped as one.

#14168 2 years ago

One think I hate to do on all pins is tightening the bolts to secure the flipper bats. For R&M what do you folks use for the side that looks like a hex bolt? I couldn’t find an Allen wrench that fit and it didn’t look like a torx head. I ended up using a pair of locking pliers to hold it while tightening the hex nut. Sure seems like it requires a lot to keep the flipper from slipping and I always feel like I’m going to strip the bolt.

#14169 2 years ago

#738 has landed in the blue bomb... Was great to meet the Spooky crew, gracious to say hello while toiling on games on a hot Monday morning. Now on to The House on the Rock for more madness, and hopefully safe back to Chicago and then on toward home soon enough.

20210607_092037 (resized).jpg20210607_092037 (resized).jpg20210607_092134 (resized).jpg20210607_092134 (resized).jpg
#14170 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

I couldn’t find an Allen wrench that fit and it didn’t look like a torx head.

I think it’s just a 5/32 Allen wrench, and 3/8 wrench for the other side

#14171 2 years ago

#729 arrived last Thursday.

16CE98AB-C15D-4E6B-B1E7-7223FA616073 (resized).jpeg16CE98AB-C15D-4E6B-B1E7-7223FA616073 (resized).jpeg
460BA217-90F8-4132-9112-9C12324958F5 (resized).jpeg460BA217-90F8-4132-9112-9C12324958F5 (resized).jpeg

Thanks Kat and Lucas! (And everyone else involved!)
90523C65-FFCC-4D6D-B7FB-BFA3880E535F (resized).jpeg90523C65-FFCC-4D6D-B7FB-BFA3880E535F (resized).jpeg
6BDC4F1B-EAAF-4795-AFE9-F39E9D0E4B97 (resized).jpeg6BDC4F1B-EAAF-4795-AFE9-F39E9D0E4B97 (resized).jpeg

Out of the box it played pretty well. I initially had it setup at 5.2 degrees because I set it up fast so my friend who helped me move it could try it out before he had to leave for a dinner. Setup like that the ball launch went too far, and it was very floaty, but all the shots could be made.

I moved it up to 6.9; could still make all the shots but they didn’t feel great. I backed off the angle a little to 6.7 or 6.8 and it feels pretty good there—has to play with the launch wire form a bit for a good launch.

Other than that EOS switches need a tweak; about to do that.

Quoted from twhtalm:

Any other standards have a little bit of blood sucker in their machines?
[quoted image]

Me too:

A664681B-44BE-4DF5-9380-5C978BA741B5 (resized).jpegA664681B-44BE-4DF5-9380-5C978BA741B5 (resized).jpeg

I think I saw somewhere in this thread the recommendation to loosen the bolts holding the plastic spring/mount for the ship. Is the recommendation to loosen all 4?

#14172 2 years ago
20210607_171427 (resized).jpg20210607_171427 (resized).jpg20210607_172103 (resized).jpg20210607_172103 (resized).jpg
#14173 2 years ago
Quoted from roth:

I think I saw somewhere in this thread the recommendation to loosen the bolts holding the plastic spring/mount for the ship. Is the recommendation to loosen all 4?

Just the 2 on the right by the hinge.

#14174 2 years ago
Quoted from roth:

#729 arrived last Thursday.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks Kat and Lucas! (And everyone else involved!)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Out of the box it played pretty well. I initially had it setup at 5.2 degrees because I set it up fast so my friend who helped me move it could try it out before he had to leave for a dinner. Setup like that the ball launch went too far, and it was very floaty, but all the shots could be made.
I moved it up to 6.9; could still make all the shots but they didn’t feel great. I backed off the angle a little to 6.7 or 6.8 and it feels pretty good there—has to play with the launch wire form a bit for a good launch.
Other than that EOS switches need a tweak; about to do that.

Me too:
[quoted image]

Is your spring under your ship red too? I'm pretty sure everyone's is silver

#14175 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Is your spring under your ship red too? I'm pretty sure everyone's is silver

Almost seems like that other piece is clear vs white perhaps?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14176 2 years ago

well lookyloo was kind enough to pay it forward and pay for the next 3 sets of spacers/screws to adjust the flipper mech heights. I'll have to order more screws, but the next 3 that PM me will get a free set.

Jigz
guitarded
PunkPin

done

#14177 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

well lookyloo was kind enough to pay it forward and pay for the next 3 sets of spacers/screws to adjust the flipper mech heights. I'll have to order more screws, but the next 3 that PM me will get a free set.

Pm'd! 736 standard ships tomorrow!

Also, thanks lookyloo - sounds like you are a true gentleman!

#14178 2 years ago

746 arrived today. The game is amazing, but I had one weird issue and one minor issue.

Any advice on how to reattach the ship? It came out during shipping.

The other is it seems that that I’ve got lighting issues. During LED tests they all light up and change colors. During game play a few arrows on the right side and the multiball and mode start lights are permanently lit white and the slam save is permanently lit orange. Any ideas?

#14179 2 years ago

Thank you lookyloo and toyotaboy !

#14180 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

746 arrived today. The game is amazing, but I had one weird issue and one minor issue.
Any advice on how to reattach the ship? It came out during shipping.
The other is it seems that that I’ve got lighting issues. During LED tests they all light up and change colors. During game play a few arrows on the right side and the multiball and mode start lights are permanently lit white and the slam save is permanently lit orange. Any ideas?

Check the connectors to/from those boards under the pf. A loose or maybe backwards connection can do that.

#14181 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the connectors to/from those boards under the pf. A loose or maybe backwards connection can do that.

That’s what I figured but it’s tougher to trouble shoot Spooky games without a manual (at least for me). With Sterns, I can just cycle through the various connectors in the LED test, see what’s on the same group and identify which connections have problems. I’ll probably call Spooky or just mess with the connections until I find the one that’s the issue.

#14182 2 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

That’s what I figured but it’s tougher to trouble shoot Spooky games without a manual (at least for me). With Sterns, I can just cycle through the various connectors in the LED test, see what’s on the same group and identify which connections have problems. I’ll probably call Spooky or just mess with the connections until I find the one that’s the issue.

Here's a copy of the manual with a map and numbers for all leds and coils.

https://images.pinside.com/8/86/b2/886b2287439a2caad7c94017635ace211e625df0.pdf

#14183 2 years ago

Hi. Anyone know of the software has any verbal callouts to the Noob Noob target? Callouts or mode? Im thinking of a new toy/mod above the Noob target but I dont want if its being referred to as Noob in the game.

#14184 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Anyone know of the software has any verbal callouts to the Noob Noob target? Callouts or mode? Im thinking of a new toy/mod above the Noob target but I dont want if its being referred to as Noob in the game.

Yeah, they call out Noob Noob on skill shots sometimes.

#14185 2 years ago

AJ was able to track down my lighting issue. There was a dip switch on a board that wasn’t flipped. All good now. Just need to address a sticky upper right flipper.

#14186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Yes to both.

#14187 2 years ago

For those of you with Standard machines receiving the purple guard rails next to the scoop, you may want to coat it with some sort of protection. I just removed my shooter lane wireforms, which I imagine were used to make those guard rails, and after about 1500 games (and many ball launches) the purple paint was peeling at the ball strike point.

#14188 2 years ago

IS THIS NOT THE FACE OF A MORTY WITH COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF MEGASEEDS NESTLED WITHIN HIS SPHINCTER??!

20210607_233702_resized (resized).jpg20210607_233702_resized (resized).jpg20210607_233629_resized (resized).jpg20210607_233629_resized (resized).jpg20210607_233609_resized (resized).jpg20210607_233609_resized (resized).jpg
#14189 2 years ago

I have seen content on this pin you have not even though your scores are better...

Hint, do a 1 ball reset (hold down the start button after a bad ball).

#14190 2 years ago

I did that exactly once. The shaming scarred me; never again.

#14191 2 years ago

I was thinking it could be cool to have some sort of bonus or jackpot if you can hit the noob noob target a few times by keeping the ball up there with the upper flipper. I think the most I've ever been able to do was 4 while messing around.

#14192 2 years ago

If anyone's printing some more flipper spacers and is willing to ship please let me know

#14193 2 years ago

Hey guys,

I was on Pinball life, and wanted to know if these are the bushings I should buy to try to trim down? Wasn't 100% sure so just wanted to ask the Jerry question here.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0199-00

#14194 2 years ago

Ultra Limited Standard Edition #745 has landed, been unpacked and had a Grand Champion score set! I got the white flipper and purple scoop rail edition for those wondering.

20210608_162637 (resized).jpg20210608_162637 (resized).jpg
#14195 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Ultra Limited Standard Edition #745 has landed, been unpacked and had a Grand Champion score set! I got the white flipper and purple scoop rail edition for those wondering.
[quoted image]

Congrats. That's an interesting collection. I love 4MBC. Going from what you had to R&M might be similar as going from VHS to BluRay.

#14196 2 years ago

Anyone know the link to the server where the spacer 3d print file is located? I have misplaced! thanks!

#14197 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Congrats. That's an interesting collection. I love 4MBC. Going from what you had to R&M might be similar as going from VHS to BluRay.

Hahaha, our first game was Last Action Hero, I also have a Time Zone (mostly restored now) that's been moved out to storage.

So, yeah...almost 30 years newer than anything we've owned previously and almost 50 years newer than current games

We have been welcomed to the future!

#14198 2 years ago

Only issue we've found so far is the upper flipper is seemingly intermittent, switch hits in test everytime (both lower and upper) and the solder points appear to be solid.

#14199 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Anyone know the link to the server where the spacer 3d print file is located? I have misplaced! thanks!

This is the one I designed: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4869750. I think there might be another out there somewhere.

#14200 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

If anyone's printing some more flipper spacers and is willing to ship please let me know

I am still printing and selling them but the screws have been hard to source. I literally just got off the phone with JMAC and they are now contacting HillmanGroup directly. Apparently these are manufactured in Ohio and should ship out tomorrow which means 3-5 more days. They offer no expedited shipping on orders less than 1000 boxes. I've also placed another order with a company called Fastenal which is supposed to be 2-4 days to my door.

PM me if you would like to make an order without the 5/8ths screws and I can get that in the mail tomorrow, otherwise I have to wait .

On the flip side, I am going to have a lot of f'ing screws if they all show up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/284?hl=jigz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.