(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 404.
#14101 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

How do you hit the left ramp and the spinner shot, orbit on the left? Each machine I have played they are close to impossible to make. Does the flipper power need to be increased, or is it a flipper alignment problem? Shots marked with green arrows.
[quoted image]

Spinner and shot to the left of the left ramp are from the upper flipper. Left ramp is hit from right flipper.

If these shots are impossible, adjustments are needed to your game. Tons of documentation in this thread on how to improve the flippers and alignment of the shots.

#14102 2 years ago

Side flipper shots are one of my specialties: Dr Who, FunHouse, Corvette, Tron, Family Guy etc... Machine pictured not mine, will inspect rails for alignment on next visit. Thanks for suggestions all.

#14103 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any strategies on getting big points?
I know the Megaseeds multiply something at the end of each ball, but what the trick to getting scores up to really make use of those Megaseeds?
Also, what does the multiplier down near the flippers represent and do?
Thanks!

Here you go! http://tiltforums.com/t/rick-morty-rulesheet/6391

#14104 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Any strategies on getting big points?
I know the Megaseeds multiply something at the end of each ball, but what the trick to getting scores up to really make use of those Megaseeds?
Also, what does the multiplier down near the flippers represent and do?
Thanks!

#14105 2 years ago

We're in lockdown again here, so with our now abundant spare time, my son has decided he wants to be an internet pinball superstar haha. Our very first episode was on Rick & Morty. Aimed for kids, so if yours like to watch pinball, send them the link.

#14106 2 years ago

My upper flipper sometimes sticks in the fired position and won’t go down until another coil fires or until I press the left flipper button. Is this possibly an EOS gap issue? I see that the upper flipper doesn’t have an EOS switch. Any help is greatly appreciated!

#14107 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

My upper flipper sometimes sticks in the fired position and won’t go down until another coil fires or until I press the left flipper button. Is this possibly an EOS gap issue? I see that the upper flipper doesn’t have an EOS switch. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Typically I see that happen when the spring either breaks or slips off.

#14108 2 years ago

HUGE shoutout to Sandra and the team at Pinnovators for putting together a custom solution for my R&M BSE. I didn't opt for the dollar bill coin door because I didn't like the look, but I wanted to be able to mute the speakers and play the sound through a headphone solution in the evenings so I can use the machine when the family is asleep without disturbing them. I also didn't want to mount the control panel (3mm input jack and volume pot) under the cabinet, because I use a low latency bluetooth transmitter with low latency bluetooth headphones. There is no need for the input jack to be accessible from the outside of the cabinet when using bluetooth.

Pinnovators put together the package in the attached pic, and provided detailed links and instructions on how to assemble it and was extremely responsive to my questions and requests. I'm more than happy with the result, and not only did I get everything I asked for, but also got the Mech-MAC kit as a bonus, which enables me to adjust the volume using the coin reject buttons without opening the coin door. The control panel rests in the coin box (or can be mounted anywhere inside the coin door area), the PCB mounts to the amp, and with the toggle switch I can have the sound come through the speaks and headphones, or I can choose to kill the sound to the speakers and keep it just to the headphones. Perfection!

Thanks again Pinnovators!
IMG_5337.jpgIMG_5337.jpg

#14109 2 years ago

Any other standards have a little bit of blood sucker in their machines?

20210527_122009 (resized).jpg20210527_122009 (resized).jpg
#14110 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

[quoted image]

That's interesting..those are chrome on mine. Cannibalized parts from the shooter rails?

EDIT: BS edition...which I think all BS are chrome.

#14111 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

[quoted image]

Mine has the purple there also.

#14112 2 years ago

I have a question about the shaker motor.

Is there a away to install a DIY shaker motor? I have a two different shaker motors here but only missing the "shaker board" which comes with the PBL-Kit. Any chance to buy only the board or to figure out a diy solution?

#14113 2 years ago

Anyone in SoCal ready to move their R&M to a loving new home? If so please PM.

#14114 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

[quoted image]

Mine are chrome as well

#14115 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I've never seen these rails in purple. There must be a pretty limited amount of machines out there with these purple rails. That's pretty cool!

#14116 2 years ago

If i had to guess, as they near/ed the end of the line, they had some part shortages and came up with on the fly fixes. The black flippers, and this for example. I'm pretty sure those are cut up shooter lane rails from BS's.

#14117 2 years ago

The standard gets even more Limited!

#14118 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

[quoted image]

LOL< my bloodsucker isn't that bloodsucker, chrome for me!

#14119 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If i had to guess, as they near/ed the end of the line, they had some part shortages and came up with on the fly fixes. The black flippers, and this for example. I'm pretty sure those are cut up shooter lane rails from BS's.

Sounds about right and a creative way to deal with scrap leftovers. You can add art blades in that category also

#14120 2 years ago

So the evil genius in this game is amazing. Work so hard to get a multiball and start Total Rickall, only to go to the ded_f4m dimension. Or the dead family targets, and get riddled with buzzing noises cause I can't get out of said dimension well played Eric, well done

#14121 2 years ago

DF7EC518-CD37-4C48-B430-6F6514D8027C (resized).jpegDF7EC518-CD37-4C48-B430-6F6514D8027C (resized).jpeg“Where’s Spooky”2397AAF1-0C61-48B6-9D3E-63EC89AAC61B.jpeg2397AAF1-0C61-48B6-9D3E-63EC89AAC61B.jpeg

#14122 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]“Where’s Spooky”[quoted image]

Noooooooo!, shoot oh look now it’s like a where’s Waldo page.

Found it!

A3A8B5FA-167D-47A6-85DE-C53728347071 (resized).jpegA3A8B5FA-167D-47A6-85DE-C53728347071 (resized).jpeg
#14123 2 years ago

570FEC44-FA8C-4B1D-873D-AE7BC4C83ED4 (resized).jpeg570FEC44-FA8C-4B1D-873D-AE7BC4C83ED4 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:Noooooooo!, shoot oh look now it’s like a where’s Waldo page.
Found it!
[quoted image]

One of the better moments this week was spotting this and signing the papers at the warehouse.
To be continued.

09644BB1-649A-48BA-BC74-7E041B7E42F8 (resized).jpeg09644BB1-649A-48BA-BC74-7E041B7E42F8 (resized).jpeg
#14124 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

[quoted image]

One of the better moments this week was spotting this and signing the papers at the warehouse.
To be continued.[quoted image]

That was on your game? Wish spooky included that on ours when it shipped but glad they finally started including these!!

#14125 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:[quoted image]

To be continued.[quoted image]

Congrats! That's got to be one of the best looking Spooky boxes I've ever seen.

#14126 2 years ago
IMG_20210603_162449_01.jpgIMG_20210603_162449_01.jpg
#14127 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That was on your game? Wish spooky included that on ours when it shipped but glad they finally started including these!!

I think XPOLogistics put it on the box. The guy with the forklift at the warehouse was talking about it.

#14128 2 years ago

I had a Tip N Tell on my game when it was delivered back in March as well...

#14129 2 years ago

Purple horseshoe rails
All black flippers
Black legs on BSE
Lengthy flipper bushings

So many special editions out there.

Jerry Edition 231 must be the Jerriest with all expected stock parts....

#14130 2 years ago

Just a PSA to all owners. I’ve been waiting for the replacement bushings like mostly everyone else but decided to check out Aniraf ’s X spacers to see if flipper height is indeed the last step for totally dialled in flippers on my game and it absolutely is. Every shot feels like it’s on rails now and all shots feel much easier to shoot. I hit the garage shot from the upper flipper 7 times during my first game. No more launched right ramp shots for me either. I’m ecstatic. So shave those bushings or buy or make your own spacers, just get it done. Takes this game from a 10 to a 12.

#14131 2 years ago

As a stopgap measure, I finally tried just lowering the flipper rubbers for now, and wow! The ball can't wait to go up that left ramp now!

If this is a preview of when the bushings are tweaked, I'm going to pick a solution and get to work. The rubber isn't going to stay put and it will wear funny, anyway. And my left flipper needs a new shaft besides, too gouged to stay where I tighten it.

The groove in the flipper bat makes it kind of launchy, though, aimed up. Another reason to not just leave it this way.

#14132 2 years ago

The glass on my new BSE rattles like crazy. Does anti-rattle tape mostly solve this? The shaker also sounds like a bucket of bolts and feels extremely harsh. Anyone else make adjustments to quiet down and smooth things out on this game? The shots are also super clunky like Alice. I can tell I’m going to have to do some tweaking on this game to get it dialed in. The code, callouts, animations, lighting and sound are brilliant. It just feels very rattly and clunky based on the first few games played on it. I did order those x brace spacers, so hopefully that helps improve the flippers some.

#14133 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The glass on my new BSE rattles like crazy. Does anti-rattle tape mostly solve this? The shaker also sounds like a bucket of bolts and feels extremely harsh. Anyone else make adjustments to quiet down and smooth things out on this game? The shots are also super clunky like Alice. I can tell I’m going to have to do some tweaking on this game to get it dialed in. The code, callouts, animations, lighting and sound are brilliant. It just feels very rattly and clunky based on the first few games played on it. I did order those x brace spacers, so hopefully that helps improve the flippers some.

Rattle tape solved my vibration problem 99%. You may need to make some flipper adjustments—I would say this shoots much better than ACNC once you get the feel of where the shots are.

#14134 2 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Figured out the problem. Had to re-gap the right flipper button switches. I wonder if the problems with people having a iffy upper flipper are related to the flipper button switch gap?

#14135 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better now, malpractice lawsuits are real. We had asked Spooky if they would hold it for a couple months (we're getting ready to move) but that was a no go. I'll just have to move 4 machines instead of 3

Ah so I'm a bit late here but just wanted to acknowledge, for thanks. I'm not sure the setback was an issue of malpractice per se. I'd even had this type of medication once before, many years ago. I had lithotripsy for kidney stones and it went well enough: I was fine when discharged to home, took the meds before bed as advised and... it was like I detonated into a death spiral. Couldn't stand, sit, crouch, lay, squirm, bend, or anything to get comfortable owing to some kind of nausea that was unlike any I'd ever felt. 3 hours later I managed to vomit but didn't get better, only worse... vomited more an hour after that... and another hour after that... and a fourpeat when there was nothing left. By that point I was fully dehydrated, sleep deprived, queasy, writhing in pain, could not eat, drink, or keep any medicine down (it was almost cartoonish how violently I "vomited nothing" as soon as anything touched my lips) and almost completely incohorent, and when my wife finally woke the next morning - after I'd endured 8 hours of this foolishly thinking it had to pass at some point - it was all I could do to tell her to call for help, which basically meant ER and IVs.

So yeah, I'm better. And especially so since because in a few hours I'll be headed back to Chicago for the first time in two years to get good pizza and see my folks... and then in a few more days on to Benton! Got a goody basket packed for the Spooky Crew and can't wait to see the game. I just hope my ordeal last week used up all my bad luck so that we and the game get a safe uneventful trip back on Tuesday.

OH and as for moving games: you can do it! When we bought our current house in 2016, the very first thing I moved into it was a freshly acquired pinball machine, ha. ANd then I had to move our other 6, which required the use of a winch and a sled. Heh. Moving was a worthwhile upgrade!

#14136 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have a question about the shaker motor.
Is there a away to install a DIY shaker motor? I have a two different shaker motors here but only missing the "shaker board" which comes with the PBL-Kit. Any chance to buy only the board or to figure out a diy solution?

A little bump for the techguys

#14137 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

It WAS on mine. The ol’ Tip & Rip. Sent it back without even trying to inspect the game. I’ve bought two new games and both have arrived in this condition so I wasn’t surprised.

3BDAE622-13F6-4D7A-AE26-50E21E5595E3 (resized).jpeg3BDAE622-13F6-4D7A-AE26-50E21E5595E3 (resized).jpeg
#14138 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

It WAS on mine. The ol’ Tip & Rip. Sent it back without even trying to inspect the game. I’ve bought two new games and both have arrived in this condition so I wasn’t surprised.

You should edit your picture to remove your address.

#14139 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just a PSA to all owners. I’ve been waiting for the replacement bushings like mostly everyone else but decided to check out Aniraf ’s X spacers to see if flipper height is indeed the last step for totally dialled in flippers on my game and it absolutely is. Every shot feels like it’s on rails now and all shots feel much easier to shoot. I hit the garage shot from the upper flipper 7 times during my first game. No more launched right ramp shots for me either. I’m ecstatic. So shave those bushings or buy or make your own spacers, just get it done. Takes this game from a 10 to a 12.

I am super happy that these are working for others!

I’ll add my own PSA: lower the flipper strength after installing! I would bet good money that Spooky’s solution comes along with adjusted coil power. I am now down to “25” on both flippers using all stock hardware and the May “beta” code. The default is 30 and it is way too much after correcting the flipper spacing. I plan to keep testing but I might go even lower. Ultimately this will be great for the coil heat generation.

#14140 2 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

You should edit your picture to remove your address.

Thanks for the tip! I just thought it was funny that they took the actual Tip and Tell device off but left the sticker. Tip happens, I guess. Looking forward to getting my game again soon, hopefully with better luck.

#14141 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I am super happy that these are working for others!
I’ll add my own PSA: lower the flipper strength after installing! I would bet good money that Spooky’s solution comes along with adjusted coil power. I am now down to “25” on both flippers using all stock hardware and the May “beta” code. The default is 30 and it is way too much after correcting the flipper spacing. I plan to keep testing but I might go even lower. Ultimately this will be great for the coil heat generation.

which PSA did you add?

#14142 2 years ago

#745 Standard has been shipped! Expected delivery on Tuesday, June 8th...waiting for the shipping company to call for delivery setup!!!

Now...to find some labor to help me get it off the pallet and into the apartment...good thing we live on the first floor!

#14143 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I can’t figure out what is up with PinballLife, is it owned by Scott Danesi or does he work there or something? Even this game is weird, he posts all the time on the Total Nuclear Annihilation thread but never on this thread. Was there some kind of falling out with this game where he is off creating better parts but not talking about them? Maybe they are completely unrelated and I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Oh man, that is a lot of questions. OK OK...

Pinball Life:
I do not own Pinball Life, I am just the engineer here and I enjoy it greatly. This is my actual day job and anything else I do is outside of this.

R&M Falling Out:
No. There is absolutely no falling out with R&M and myself at all. It is the most insane layout I have come up with so far and I am extremely proud of it. R&M was built as a team effort by a very solid team of developers and I have full confidence in them. The reason I do not post in here very often is that there is so much going on here and I just don't have the time to keep up with it. I have created a few mods for R&M here and there that Pinball Life sells.

TNA Thread Activity:
As for the TNA thread, I did so much of the engineering, design, coding, sound, etc. on TNA that I am the best person to answer questions about it. I am also still actively taking feedback on that project and working on the 2.0 code update that will be able to be installed on all of the games.

I hope this answers your questions. I still love my R&M and play it a bunch.

--Scott

#14144 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am also still actively taking feedback on that project and working on the 2.0 code update that will be able to be installed on all of the games.

And in a single post, Scott brought the sale of any used games to a screeching halt. People will be holding on to these for a while now.

Maybe this is old news… I knew there was going to be a run of new TNA’s eventually with some tweaks and changes, but had no idea totally new code was in the works. But I miss a lot as I’m not on Pinside as much as I used to be.

#14145 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And in a single post, Scott brought the sale of any used games to a screeching halt. People will be holding on to these for a while now.
Maybe this is old news… I knew there was going to be a run of new TNA’s eventually with some tweaks and changes, but had no idea totally new code was in the works. But I miss a lot as I’m not on Pinside as much as I used to be.

I believe the new code will work on the existing games.. 2.0 only has minor tweaks (I think the LCD is getting upgraded, maybe some art tweaks).

#14146 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I believe the new code will work on the existing games.. 2.0 only has minor tweaks (I think the LCD is getting upgraded, maybe some art tweaks).

Backbox and speaker panel setup like RaM (same TNA cab tho)

#14147 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Oh man, that is a lot of questions. OK OK...
Pinball Life:
I do not own Pinball Life, I am just the engineer here and I enjoy it greatly. This is my actual day job and anything else I do is outside of this.
R&M Falling Out:
No. There is absolutely no falling out with R&M and myself at all. It is the most insane layout I have come up with so far and I am extremely proud of it. R&M was built as a team effort by a very solid team of developers and I have full confidence in them. The reason I do not post in here very often is that there is so much going on here and I just don't have the time to keep up with it. I have created a few mods for R&M here and there that Pinball Life sells.
TNA Thread Activity:
As for the TNA thread, I did so much of the engineering, design, coding, sound, etc. on TNA that I am the best person to answer questions about it. I am also still actively taking feedback on that project and working on the 2.0 code update that will be able to be installed on all of the games.
I hope this answers your questions. I still love my R&M and play it a bunch.
--Scott

Thank you Scott! Very nice of you to answer my questions! I am always interested in how the world of pinball works.

R&M is a fantastic layout. The game balance, objectives and shots are fantastic. I'll be honest, I thought it was a bit of a "clunker" before adjusting the flipper gap but ever since then I'm loving the shots. I imagine the white wood felt different than the production model.

I think I'm speaking for everyone here when I say we appreciate your involvement and really love when Spooky, Eric and yourself comment in the forums. It improves the ownership experience for any game.

#14148 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

which PSA did you add?

I added this.

Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ll add my own PSA: lower the flipper strength after installing!

#14149 2 years ago

#620 has landed! a year and a half later and I can not wait to dig in! However, I stayed away from info while I waited...Is there a cheat sheet for what should be done for playability? I'm sure there are plenty of tweaks to be done. I just wonder what's the most important. Also, does anyone else have an issue with the lockbar not wanting to clear the glass easily? I really have to force/finagle to get my bar past the glass. Also, is there no cover for the pocket screw hole?!?
Thanks, Jim
IMG_20210604_142139 (resized).jpgIMG_20210604_142139 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210604_142643 (resized).jpgIMG_20210604_142643 (resized).jpg

#14150 2 years ago

Yes on the glass not wanting to clear the lock bar, just jiggle it back and forth, it usually finds that last bit of clearance it needs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/283?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.