(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 405.
#13951 2 years ago
Quoted from Hench4Life:

Having some intermittent RBG issues on the right side. The GI, inserts, and sling on the right and GIs in the back right. I know it’s probably a loose connector, but wondering if anyone had an idea on where a common connection for these lights are. I did a quick look under the pf and could find anything loose. Planning to email spooky later, but figured I’d throw it out here first.

There's a light board near the upper flipper that's probably got something loose. Mine's pretty finnicky and even the gluing i did seems to shake loose sometimes. Affects most of the right side and the pop LED. Annoyingly out of reach from the coin door.

#13952 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

As promised...here is the spacer if you wish to print one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4869750.
If you wish to buy them from me I'm going to offer two options:
1) $45 gets you all three spacers and 24 of the 5/8th inch screws
2) $40 gets you all three spacers
Why the difference you ask? Well...the screws are stupid expensive! I bought a box of 100 for $15 and they are sold out everywhere I can find them. Also, they add a lot of weight which will make the mailing slightly more expensive.
Why isn't there a two spacer option? Seriously...don't do it...I cannot believe how much better the game is! Just get three because I'm going to charge the same regardless.
Lastly, for anyone who feels so inclined to tell me I'm "ripping people off" with my prices let me remind you I absolutely don't give a fuck. I did this because I love pinball and enjoy most of the players (except for you). It may cost $0.37 to print something but don't forget the hours of print time, electricity, maintenance, packing, shipping, and at least this many experiments (example picture) plus designing and testing. On top of all of that...I'm giving my designs away for non-commercial use! So let's just agree to disagree on the numbers I came up with...cool?
Awesome...now I'll ping everyone who PM'ed me. I should be able to start shipping these next week...I just need some envelopes and time to print them.
[quoted image]

Thank you so much for sharing the 3d file for these spacers!

For anyone wondering, I was able to order 3 copies from Shapeways in PA11 (SLS) for only $52 after shipping.
Not trying to steel your business, just giving other material options to folks, once again really appreciate your engineering here!
(*edit: keep in mind, Shapeways is about a 1 month turnaround time too...so patience is key)

Waiting for the invoice for Standard Edition #745, any day now!!!

#13953 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Sorry, didn't mean to go over you on this one. I figured, if you've made the file public, it's available to everyone.
I was just offering a free 3D print to anyone within driving distance. Not looking to make any money, especially since it's not mine.
Again, thanks for doing this for all of us.

No issue at all! I love that you're doing this. Shipping to Canada is super expensive. I just want to make sure my design isn't being sold to people behind my back. Like I said...it just feels shitty. There is nothing I can do other than bitch on the forums about fair use of licenses . It helps me feel like a real designer .

#13954 2 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

Thank you so much for sharing the 3d file for these spacers!
For anyone wondering, I was able to order 3 copies from Shapeways in PA11 (SLS) for only $52 after shipping.
Not trying to steel your business, just giving other material options to folks, once again really appreciate your engineering here!
(*edit: keep in mind, Shapeways is about a 1 month turnaround time too...so patience is key)
Waiting for the invoice for Standard Edition #745, any day now!!!

Ohh! You will have to take a picture of that for me!

#13955 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

No issue at all! I love that you're doing this. Shipping to Canada is super expensive. I just want to make sure my design isn't being sold to people behind my back. Like I said...it just feels shitty. There is nothing I can do other than bitch on the forums about fair use of licenses . It helps me feel like a real designer .

Totally agree and understand. I hope you get some orders, as it's a great design.

Spooky should wake up and realize this could be an easier option than getting people to replace bushings, which for non-technical people, is daunting.

#13956 2 years ago

I fully agree!!

#13957 2 years ago

This is a big post...sorry in advance :/.

I've run the numbers on portal protectors, X spacers, print time, labor, shipping, etc. and I think I have a fair bundle price along with an updated portal protector price. Hopefully everyone will like this.

Design changes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
First, let me talk about changes to the portal protector. As mentioned in a prior post my increased impact testing lead me to a different print technique. After testing this method for four days, hundreds of balls and many hammer blows I am 95% confident this will be the final design. I only know what I don't know...which is the size and shape of every other portal hole. Chances are they are very similar, but as I've read with the Mantis protector...people have had a few struggles. This could be the result of uneven clear or slight variations in the cut or routing. Fortunately I think I have a way of dealing with that situation as well.

Let me get into the attached pictures. The first one shows the newest protector printed with the "perimeterless" design. It is less smooth than prior versions in exchange for 10x the strength. The second picture shows it installed (not the best picture but my lighting sucks). When installed it gains a slightly enhanced vibrancy which allows it to catch blue light even better than before. Lastly the new design doesn't need any finish work. Based on the way I'm printing these I end up with a sufficient edge where the ball rolls allowing me to skip the manual sanding part and ultimately save time/money. It is slighly more grainy, but it doesn't matter at all as it should be about .1mm under any area the ball could impact. All around this is a better product. It is different than what I initially showed thus it is important for me to be transparent.

Pricing updates:
I keep getting questions about pricing and bundling so I'm going to list my new SKUs below along with instructions for payment. If you follow the instructions as written you don't need to PM me on Pinside, but I'm totally cool chatting if you don't mind a little wait. Hopefully these updates will suit everyone. All prices are including shipping to the US. I can work with people on international prices.

- Portal Protector ---------- $30 shipped
- X Spacer (screws) ---------- $45 shipped
- Portal+Spacer ---------- $65 shipped

If you do not need the screws, you can take $5 off the price of the X spacers.

Purchasing:
PayPal the amount of your options to [email protected]. Include your address, Pinside ID and your option selection. Please include all three items such that I can ensure you get proper communication.

Shipping/Timeline:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am estimating about one week from time of payment to shipping. This could flex based on a few different factors. Rest assured, I'm going as fast as possible.

Warranty:
If for any reason your portal protector or spacer breaks I will send you a replacement for the cost of shipping. Ideally (if my shipping methods work) this should be less than $5 US. I will ask for pictures of the broken part and inquire why/how it broke. I don't anticipate any issues with this crowd, but I've not done this before so I want to protect myself from someone who is trying to take advantage of the situation.

Final notes:
I will be donating 5% of profits to Pinside. I will respond to every PM/email as soon as possible. I really appreciate the outpouring of support and excitement around my ideas. It is really fun to know that my printer is doing something productive while I'm working my day job .

IMG_0444 (resized).jpegIMG_0444 (resized).jpegIMG_0445 (resized).jpegIMG_0445 (resized).jpeg
#13958 2 years ago

Totally agree and understand. I hope you get some orders, as it's a great design.
Spooky should wake up and realize this could be an easier option than getting people to replace bushings, which for non-technical people, is daunting.

Personally I hate removing the flippers from the flipper arms. I feel like the bent metal is never the same after the first time you've loosened it. I am a "Playfield Protector guy" so I've removed a lot of flippers on brand new machines and I've also replaced a lot of flipper arms. You wouldn't believe how many times the f'ing bolt pops causing me to replace the stupid flipper arm.

I would be really happy to talk to Spooky about using my design or shipping it to R&M owners. Obviously they need to test it and make sure the game plays like they intended. As I said before, this might actually make the flippers slightly too strong. They might want a software change in conjunction with the brackets.

#13959 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Personally I hate removing the flippers from the flipper arms. I feel like the bent metal is never the same after the first time you've loosened it. I am a "Playfield Protector guy" so I've removed a lot of flippers on brand new machines and I've also replaced a lot of flipper arms. You wouldn't believe how many times the f'ing bolt pops causing me to replace the stupid flipper arm.
I would be really happy to talk to Spooky about using my design or shipping it to R&M owners. Obviously they need to test it and make sure the game plays like they intended. As I said before, this might actually make the flippers slightly too strong. They might want a software change in conjunction with the brackets.

That's actually one thing I was thinking about yesterday. Aside from my right flipper to left ramp shot, everything plays very strong. If lowering the bushings increases the shot power, there would probably be some sort of adjustment needed.

If anything, I guess Spooky could create a flipper profile for "original" or "lowered" bushings, and then allow us to tweak it if necessary.

I'm not afraid to get under a game and work on it, and even I don't want to have to replace the bushings because it's a pain in the ass.

I think if your spacer idea effectively does the same thing, this is a much better approach for Spooky, especially considering they seem to be having issues with whatever manufacturer they're working with on the bushings.

This is a fix that is already available, and they can make customers happier quicker.

Let's see what they do.

#13960 2 years ago

That's actually one thing I was thinking about yesterday. Aside from my right flipper to left ramp shot, everything plays very strong. If lowering the bushings increases the shock power, there would probably be some sort of adjustment needed.
If anything, I guess Spooky could create a flipper profile for "original" or "lowered" bushings, and then allow us to tweak itlf necessary.
I'm not afraid to get under a game and work on it, and even I don't want to have to replace the bushings because it's a pain in the ass.
I think if your spacer idea effectively does the same thing, this is a much better approach for Spooky, especially considering they seem to be having issues with whatever manufacturer they're working with on the bushings.
This is a fix that is already available, and they can make customers happier quicker.
Let's see what they do.

I'm pretty sure they're going to send new bushings to each customer who has asked for them after they receive a satisfactory bushing from the company making them.

I seriously doubt they're going to purchase possibly hundreds of $45 mods... and have to deal with all the people who install them wrong or have some other problem with the mod.

#13961 2 years ago

The mod is still a band-aid and way you shake it. I sanded my bushings down and will wait patiently for replacements

#13962 2 years ago

So I decided to also design my own spacers that are easy to install. Basically just took the williams bracket and traced the exist pad. I slid a 4.5mm nut under the stock flippers and there was still some space so I printed some at that height.
Obviously adding spacers means less thread engagement. The bracket is 3.5mm, spacer 4.5mm, so you have 8mm + 12mm of playfield thickness. I had some 5/8" (16mm) screws lying around that worked great (should still be 4mm of space before you hit the top of the playfield). You could theoretically go to a 3/4" length but that only leaves 1mm (too close to the surface).

I loosened all the screws, took one side all the way out, slid the spacers underneath, tightened the new screws on one side, then pulled the old screws out of the other side and repeated (doesn't even require you to remove the flipper bat).

I folded a piece of paper 5 times (16 sheet thickness or about 1/16") and it still fit under the flipper taught so I know I won't be scraping my playfield.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

You can see the difference between stock and flipper lowered, ball is way more centered
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

I found it odd they used 2 different screw lengths. I get that you really only need 4 screws on the outside, but then why even bother with the middle screws? I would worry about production putting the wrong length in the wrong hole.
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

Old outer screw vs the longer one
6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg

These are the screws I used: https://www.mcmaster.com/92470A196

Download the file here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4871429

If anyone wants some of these, I'll print you a set of 12 for the cost of shipping (should be $3). Looks like I'm short some screws so I'll probably buy a bag of 100 so I can also include screws.

#13963 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I'm pretty sure they're going to send new bushings to each customer who has asked for them after they receive a satisfactory bushing from the company making them.
I seriously doubt they're going to purchase possibly hundreds of $45 mods... and have to deal with all the people who install them wrong or have some other problem with the mod.

Why would they pay $45?

First off, if they wanted to do it, they could just "borrow" the design. I mean, in the perfect world, they would give some sort of monetary credit for having someone come up with this. but as you see on the post above, it's not like there's only one way to do this.

And we know Spooky has a 3D printer, so why not have this as an option for people that might prefer it due to simplicity.

The argument that it's a bandaid is nonsense. It achieves the EXACT same result as lowering your bushings. If you print is PETG, it won
t break, and you'll get the same identical flipper height as you would swapping bushings.

You can't only think about yourself and your ideal solution. Consider someone who has this game that won't want to completely take apart there assembly and replace the bushings. This is why is makes sense for Spooky to jump on this quick and easy fix, even if it's an Option B.

#13964 2 years ago

The argument that it's a bandaid is nonsense. It achieves the EXACT same result as lowering your bushings. If you print is PETG, it won
t break, and you'll get the same identical flipper height as you would swapping bushings.

It SEEMS that way, but there's a lot of vibration on that plate and it's no longer mounted to a large strong surface, so unfortunately, the PETG can absolutely break. Only time will tell if these won't.

I'm not dogging the solution, just saying to temper your expectations. Also, a cast nylon bushing is much stronger.

#13965 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It SEEMS that way, but there's a lot of vibration on that plate and it's no longer mounted to a large strong surface, so unfortunately, the PETG can absolutely break. Only time will tell if these won't.
I'm not dogging the solution, just saying to temper your expectations. Also, a cast nylon bushing is much stronger.

I agree, for me, the bushings would be the way. Just trying to think about the other people that really aren't prepared to do that job.

I think it would serve Spooky to consider this as an option.

#13966 2 years ago

I agree, for me, the bushings would be the way. Just trying to think about the other people that really aren't prepared to do that job.
I think it would serve Spooky to consider this as an option.

The problem is, with nylon bushings you have decades of performance data showing their reliability for this use. This solution has a few weeks of data in a limited environment. They could just be multiplying their headache 6 months or a year from now after they sent these out to everyone. It's by no means a slam dunk, and potentially just a deferred problem when the PETG 3D printed mounts start breaking.

All that said, I STILL have no idea why they thought going with a thinner playfield was a good idea.

#13967 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

All that said, I STILL have no idea why they thought going with a thinner playfield was a good idea.

I recently listened to a pod cast with George Gomez who was talking about playfields leaving the factory perfectly flat but then warping during transit or storage. This would be even more likely with a thinner pf. I'm sure Spooky was aware of all this and maybe the decision was financial or they felt it was a better quality? At least the ink isn't delaminating (cough, cough... GnR... cough).

#13968 2 years ago

While the thin ones come with their own set of problems, I don't think anyone can deny the R&M playfields are very good structurally compared to all the issues on others.

#13969 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While the thin ones come with their own set of problems, I don't think anyone can deny the R&M playfields are very good structurally compared to all the issues on others.

Yeah, other than a few dimples (and most of them are very insignificant), I only wish that Stern and JJP were making playfields as good as the one in my R&M. I'd even live with thinner playfields and trim all my bushings down in every game for this playfield quality.

#13970 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And even the nylon bushings crack over time from the stress. Look at this one just pulled from a white water. EDIT - I'm not advocating for or against the spacer solution, I'm just pointing out that if the even stronger material breaks, then chances are good that the weaker material will too.

IMG_5701 (resized).jpgIMG_5701 (resized).jpg

#13971 2 years ago

Why would they pay $45?
First off, if they wanted to do it, they could just "borrow" the design. I mean, in the perfect world, they would give some sort of monetary credit for having someone come up with this. but as you see on the post above, it's not like there's only one way to do this.
And we know Spooky has a 3D printer, so why not have this as an option for people that might prefer it due to simplicity.
You can't only think about yourself and your ideal solution. Consider someone who has this game that won't want to completely take apart there assembly and replace the bushings. This is why is makes sense for Spooky to jump on this quick and easy fix, even if it's an Option B.

You got it all figured out.

I bought the mod for $45. I'm hardly finding the time to play the game, so I'm into grabbing the easiest solution for whatever issue. That's why I bought the MRS for my switches up in the loops.

I'm not looking to argue with you. They stated they are sending new bushings when they get them. You can pretend like you know the cost to spooky, that everyone who gets the mod will know how to install it, and that the mod won't cause some unforeseen issue(s) that customers will demand another fix for.

Maybe Spooky will do exactly what you want if you keep posting about it and take over the thread? Thanks and Good luck.

#13972 2 years ago

If I had the ability to choose or both at hand, I would certainly choose a shorter bushing. I am all for a factory look.

#13973 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

If I had the ability to choose or both at hand, I would certainly choose a shorter bushing. I am all for a factory look.

well..that isn't factory..so..

also, this in no way impacts the 'look'.

#13974 2 years ago

For those of you in the North East who have still not gotten to play one, I will be bringing my Rick and Morty BSE #373 to the Allentown Pinfest this summer and putting it on Freeplay. RIP my high scores.

rmclean (resized).jpgrmclean (resized).jpg
#13975 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The problem is, with nylon bushings you have decades of performance data showing their reliability for this use. This solution has a few weeks of data in a limited environment. They could just be multiplying their headache 6 months or a year from now after they sent these out to everyone. It's by no means a slam dunk, and potentially just a deferred problem when the PETG 3D printed mounts start breaking.

Are you thinking they will break roughly at the same time as all of Spooky’s PETG printed parts on this machine? .

I’m pretty confident 100% infill PETG is going to be just fine for longer than most of us are alive. I think the bushings would be the penultimate solution, but I don’t think that Spooky should create a custom bushings for a single game. That just seems like a bad move for a small business.

Looking at the basic physics of this...moving four small contact points down 1/8th of an inch while retaining the same surface area of the contact to the playfield should not increase the stress to the contact points. For context, I installed these on a friend's machine (as well as mine) and his machine only had 3/8th's screws! In fact, a few of them were already loose. If Spooky was really worried about the stresses on the flipper mech contact points, I think they would have used some 1/2 inch screws.

Quoted from Pinstym:

There is no way I would sell something I'm giving away for free for $45 each to Spooky. If they were to contact me, I'm pretty sure we could work out some kind of arrangement. I "invented" a 3D printed washer...it isn't exactly a patentable idea . I'm only charging for my time. I'm not slacking on these, I'll have instructions for everyone, support and a warranty. toyotaboy created a different solution for the cost of shipping only. If you don't like my prices, get his. If he has the time to print, send and support his solution that's awesome! I unfortunately do not have that time unless I charge $1000 a set .

#13976 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You got it all figured out.
I bought the mod for $45. I'm hardly finding the time to play the game, so I'm into grabbing the easiest solution for whatever issue. That's why I bought the MRS for my switches up in the loops.
I'm not looking to argue with you. They stated they are sending new bushings when they get them. You can pretend like you know the cost to spooky, that everyone who gets the mod will know how to install it, and that the mod won't cause some unforeseen issue(s) that customers will demand another fix for.
Maybe Spooky will do exactly what you want if you keep posting about it and take over the thread? Thanks and Good luck.

No need to argue, it's pinball. No one ever should argue about a hobby that we should actually be grateful that we can even be in.

I don't claim to have all or any of the answers, and this will be my last post on the subject, because I'd rather get back to talking about how cool the code is, and with the new season trailer, maybe there's hope that Eric will add some new adventures.

In the end, it will be up to Spooky to decide how they will fix this. I personally would rather the bushings, but if I'm feeling lazy, maybe I'd starts with the spacers to see how it goes. If they break after a while, I can replace them easily.

If someone is afraid to take apart bushings, maybe this is a better option. I'm just trying to think about others, remembering how intimidating these machines were to me 5 years ago when I got my first game.

#13977 2 years ago

Glad to hear you are coming to appreciate it. Yes, the game shows signs of growing pains, but damn that code is just amazing.

Sadly, I think this game will set my expectations high of anything else coming out.

#13978 2 years ago

Does anyone have a complete list of Adventures for this machine? Do some adventures only get triggered once farther along in a game?

thanks

#13979 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Does anyone have a complete list of Adventures for this machine? Do some adventures only get triggered once farther along in a game?
thanks

Edit: I am aware of 11. The only one that is progress base locked is Love Potion #9 as far as I know. Pickle Rick supposedly will not come up as your first, but can as second.

Roy
Schwifty
Moonmen
Scary Terry
Total Rickall
Armothy
Whirly Dirly
Anatomy Park
Purge
Pickle Rick
Love Potion #9

2 multiballs
Grom
Meeseeks

I have no idea how many dimensions. I've heard people speak of ones I've never seen. There's one I've only seen 1 time.

I'm curious if there is a slow motion dimension (very fast flashing strobe).

#13980 2 years ago

When the adventure selector randomly makes a selection, What is 'Real fake doors'? I always see this on the list, but has never been chosen...??

thanks...

#13981 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

When the adventure selector randomly makes a selection, What is 'Real fake doors'? I always see this on the list, but has never been chosen...??
thanks...

Real Fake Doors is a commercial from Interdimensional Cable. It is not a real award.

#13982 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

thanks...

It's the Spanish Armada of Adventures.

#13983 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Real Fake Doors is a commercial from Interdimensional Cable. It is not a real award.

Yeah, i know its from Interdimensional Cable, I just wanted to know if its possible to get selected or not - I did not realize they had selections in the list that will never be actually selected...

thanks

#13984 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are you thinking they will break roughly at the same time as all of Spooky’s PETG printed parts on this machine? .
I’m pretty confident 100% infill PETG is going to be just fine for longer than most of us are alive. I think the bushings would be the penultimate solution,

So you're saying the bushings aren't the final solution?

All I'm saying is 3D printed PETG is not the same as molded PETG. There are built in layer lines from creation that even 100% infill can't overcome. If injection molded nylon bushings can break from force or vibration, 3D printed PETG used like this absolutely can, and probably sooner. I'm not saying it CAN'T work, just that there's not enough real-world data for Spooky to jump feet first into this solution over the more proven long term viability of injection molded bushings. As a DIY solution of a handful (or a few handfuls) of owners, though, great and definitely worth a try.

#13985 2 years ago

I found these somewhere and had saved them. Unsure if there are additional since this list or not:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13986 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So you're saying the bushings aren't the final solution?
All I'm saying is 3D printed PETG is not the same as molded PETG. There are built in layer lines from creation that even 100% infill can't overcome. If injection molded nylon bushings can break from force or vibration, 3D printed PETG used like this absolutely can, and probably sooner. I'm not saying it CAN'T work, just that there's not enough real-world data for Spooky to jump feet first into this solution over the more proven long term viability of injection molded bushings. As a DIY solution of a handful (or a few handfuls) of owners, great.

No, I am saying that bushings would probably be the "final" solution. I just don't view it as a pragmatic direction for a small company.

I completely agree that 3D printing can break. I break 3D parts all the time to test them. I am saying that Spooky used 3D printed parts on this game (top and bottom side). Frankly, they aren't the best 3D prints I've seen. Despite their print quality, they didn't have seem to have concerns with durability. Also, you sell a lot of 3D printed parts. They are exceptional and don't seem to have any issues with durability.

#13987 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

No, I am saying that bushings would probably be the "final" solution.

The confusing part was that penultimate doesn't mean final. It means the one before final.

#13988 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

No, I am saying that bushings would probably be the "final" solution. I just don't view it as a pragmatic direction for a small company.
I completely agree that 3D printing can break. I break 3D parts all the time to test them. I am saying that Spooky used 3D printed parts on this game (top and bottom side). Frankly, they aren't the best 3D prints I've seen. Despite their print quality, they didn't have seem to have concerns with durability. Also, you sell a lot of 3D printed parts. They are exceptional and don't seem to have any issues with durability.

I do a lot of 3D parts, but having been through a ton of iterations of PETG flipper cooling brackets, that repetitive vibration CAN break them, even at 70-80% infill, so I'm very aware of the limitations.

#13989 2 years ago

Why Spooky doesn’t just get a batch of regular flipper bushings and have someone grind 1/8” or so off and send them out is beyond me. This could have been sorted out in a day or so.

#13990 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Why Spooky doesn’t just get a batch of regular flipper bushings and have someone grind 1/8” or so off and send them out is beyond me. This could have been sorted out in a day or so.

Because they are getting them made and doing it right after a problem was found. Can you imagine the outrage if they bought and grinded down parts to send out?

#13991 2 years ago

Only an ASS would be Outraged with Spooky.
Spooky is so transparent, and makes every effort to fix problems, shaming by example the many other issues, other companys seem to be Ignoring at the moment.

That's an over long sentence.

Go spooky!

0158c1c647c14623dbaedfef6090843d (resized).jpg0158c1c647c14623dbaedfef6090843d (resized).jpg
#13992 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Can you imagine the outrage if they bought and grinded down parts to send out?

Seems a few people are a bit outraged anyway. I ground mine down and they have been flawless. Game plays properly, on location with thousands of plays. I get compliments on how well it plays compared to other R&M. But if they want to reinvent the wheel, be by guest.

#13993 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Seems a few people are a bit outraged anyway. I ground mine down and they have been flawless. Game plays properly, on location with thousands of plays. I get compliments on how well it plays compared to other R&M. But if they want to reinvent the wheel, be by guest.

Same, I did nine ages ago mine's great. But the already can't be pleased folk/whiners wouldn't stop i'm sure if they got sanded down parts sent to them.

#13994 2 years ago

Never mind, sorry, sounded to negative.
Delete.

#13995 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

Yeah, i know its from Interdimensional Cable, I just wanted to know if its possible to get selected or not - I did not realize they had selections in the list that will never be actually selected...
thanks

Best I can tell is each time the list comes up, there are only 2 real awards on it. All the rest are jokes.

#13996 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So I decided to also design my own spacers that are easy to install. Basically just took the williams bracket and traced the exist pad. I slid a 4.5mm nut under the stock flippers and there was still some space so I printed some at that height.
Obviously adding spacers means less thread engagement. The bracket is 3.5mm, spacer 4.5mm, so you have 8mm + 12mm of playfield thickness. I had some 5/8" (16mm) screws lying around that worked great (should still be 4mm of space before you hit the top of the playfield). You could theoretically go to a 3/4" length but that only leaves 1mm (too close to the surface).
I loosened all the screws, took one side all the way out, slid the spacers underneath, tightened the new screws on one side, then pulled the old screws out of the other side and repeated (doesn't even require you to remove the flipper bat).
I folded a piece of paper 5 times (16 sheet thickness or about 1/16") and it still fit under the flipper taught so I know I won't be scraping my playfield.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You can see the difference between stock and flipper lowered, ball is way more centered
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I found it odd they used 2 different screw lengths. I get that you really only need 4 screws on the outside, but then why even bother with the middle screws? I would worry about production putting the wrong length in the wrong hole.
[quoted image]
Old outer screw vs the longer one
[quoted image]
These are the screws I used: https://www.mcmaster.com/92470A196
Download the file here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4871429
If anyone wants some of these, I'll print you a set of 12 for the cost of shipping (should be $3). Looks like I'm short some screws so I'll probably buy a bag of 100 so I can also include screws.

I think the idea with spacers is fine. I even think it will last. Why not? It's just a spacer...

But I think your spacer is really too thick. Have in mind that the bushings will get play over time. If that happens they will scratch over the playfield. You really don't want this.

The spacers should have the thickness only of the difference between standard playfields and spooky R&M ones. Not more. That's the way and that will work for sure without side effects.

#13997 2 years ago

So, finally got out to a location and played this game and it did not disappoint. Was set up a little flat, but still able to hit all the shots as needed. Saw nearly all the modes (except Total Rickall) and jumped plenty of dimensions (swamp was horrible though - way too much bass and buzzing). Even had a nice save with the magnet. Just so much fun and insanely immersive. If I can convince my wife that the censored mode is PG enough (lol) I might stand a chance of bringing it home one day.

#13998 2 years ago

What location? I'm in Socal, interested in what's open. Other pins on location?
I need to play another R&M, to compare, I've made no adjustments to mine.

#13999 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The confusing part was that penultimate doesn't mean final. It means the one before final.

Good callout...that was an incorrect usage of the word in the way I was trying to use it. I use "penultimate" a lot for software stuff.

#14000 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

What location? I'm in Socal, interested in what's open. Other pins on location?
I need to play another R&M, to compare, I've made no adjustments to mine.

Brewskis in Miramar (San Diego). also have Deadpool Pro, TSPP, MBrLE, JP Pro, IM Pre, and AIQ Pro. Little soft on the plunge for R&M and like I said in my post could use some more pitch/speed. But a decent place to drop some quarters if you're in the area, for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/280?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.