(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,231 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Alaskanzen
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 405.
#13601 2 years ago

wrong thread

#13602 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just to put this in context, the game he played was mine, and I have done *zero* dialing-in except grinding down a rivet on the right ramp (causing airballs), aligning the flippers to the inlanes and installing the latest code with all defaults for flipper settings. What he noticed are the differences between a build in the 80s vs a build in mid 300s (mine).
We played all night, to the point we went from a clean playfield to visible balltrails even on the trap position. NO flipper collapse except for one point-blank pop slam into left flipper, and it recovered immediately. Left ramp was always makeable from a trap, and I'm not even running fans. Set a new GC (beat my buddy's old GC by 600K)
I still have a few tweaks to do to the upper area (diverter and UR corner switches) but I'm really happy with how it plays now.

Theses statements are interesting because my build was mid 300’s and it also played very well out of the box. No real issues. The one thing I did immediately to mine was the right flipper button repair but i did my own version with some small zip ties instead of the No Fear disk. Never had another issue with that after.

So I wonder if those machines (mid 300’s) were just put together really well?

#13603 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Where are you moving to? I've gotten to be quite the expert at moving over the past year.

I'm bummed that we didn't get to hang out during your brief stint in the Madison area.

Right now we are just doing a 7 month rental down the street while we build our new home in the Sauk City area. I only jave 3 games setup and R&M is one of them. Moving sucks but ill eventually have a dedicated gameroom with more room for pins.

#13604 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

The best I've done was 11 million plus, and I was amazed at that. I stacked it with multiball, got the multipliers up, and made all of the shots at least once. I don't know how you pulled 25 million plus out of it. That is bonkers! Congrats though.

I have no idea either. I know that I hit the full series of shots and a few extras beyond that and then I heard the replay sound and looked up at the score and was like holy crap!

#13605 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Chuck, I love my SThLE probably about as much as you do.
But it ain’t no R&M!

They all have their place in the pinball game of life. And R&M is no GOT or TWD!!

#13606 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just to put this in context, the game he played was mine, and I have done *zero* dialing-in except grinding down a rivet on the right ramp (causing airballs), aligning the flippers to the inlanes and installing the latest code with all defaults for flipper settings.

These may seem like nothing, but imagine all that stuff not working right especially the flippers. I think you would’ve sold it by now.

But yeah, all games are gonna need some tweaking. This game with the tough tight shots, without it playing smooth, it’s too frustrating.

#13607 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't doubt mine can be tweaked to play even more smoothly, just saying the tweaks aren't absolutely necessary to enjoy the game. I've got a list of adjustments I plan on making at some point...

And that's what I'm pointing out. People say 'see, didn't need to do anything!' alluding to others being crazy that they tweaked theirs. It just isn't the case. There's a wide variance of how these things were put together. What you might see without tweaks isn't necessarily what anyone else sees without tweaks as your might be closer to what it is supposed to be already. That's been pretty widely catalogued in this thread. The issue is we've never been told exactly how the orbits for example are supposed to be aligned. We just 'assume' they should follow the art closer, and it certainly seems to play better if they do. If they are off, it just makes a hard game even harder for no reason.

#13608 2 years ago

Random thought… I wonder if Rick and Morty’s Moonmen were somehow inspired by the Finnish Moomin?
https://www.moomin.com/en/

#13609 2 years ago

’Rick and Morty’ Composer Ryan Elder on How to Write a David Bowie Song For a Fart

https://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/rick-and-morty-composer-david-bowie-fart-1201877820/

#13610 2 years ago

I love how Tracy is down with R&M...gotta find a way to get him in this game!!!

0DFA1DB6-D75D-426D-8615-D82DCFB49A51 (resized).png0DFA1DB6-D75D-426D-8615-D82DCFB49A51 (resized).png
#13611 2 years ago

Putting Ice T in the game would make me get even more schwifty!!! Make it happen!!!

#13612 2 years ago

Goodbye Moonmen live! Great performance.

#13613 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

And that's what I'm pointing out. People say 'see, didn't need to do anything!' alluding to others being crazy that they tweaked theirs. It just isn't the case. There's a wide variance of how these things were put together. What you might see without tweaks isn't necessarily what anyone else sees without tweaks as your might be closer to what it is supposed to be already. That's been pretty widely catalogued in this thread. The issue is we've never been told exactly how the orbits for example are supposed to be aligned. We just 'assume' they should follow the art closer, and it certainly seems to play better if they do. If they are off, it just makes a hard game even harder for no reason.

My guides were tweaked (by me) to deviate from the art in several areas. A simple example is the guide above the upper flipper. Pushing it "back" to align with the flipper DOESN'T align with the art, but it's way better.

#13614 2 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the Jerry dimension on the latest beta? Everything after that all the shots say looking good, or slow down, even when it's on the next player and they are out of the dimension.

#13615 2 years ago
Quoted from astroroxy:

Anyone else have an issue with the Jerry dimension on the latest beta? Everything after that all the shots say looking good, or slow down, even when it's on the next player and they are out of the dimension.

Yes, it is documented now on the bugs list.

#13616 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My guides were tweaked (by me) to deviate from the art in several areas. A simple example is the guide above the upper flipper. Pushing it "back" to align with the flipper DOESN'T align with the art, but it's way better.

My upper flipper may not follow the art exactly, don't remember, but my left orbits do as close as I could get them. (before they were way off).

#13617 2 years ago

Don't presume the art is in exactly the same place on every playfield.

Now, I don't know that it isn't for a fact, but it sure would explain quite a bit.

There must be an allowed tolerance, in manufacturing there is no such thing as perfect.

#13618 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Don't presume the art is in exactly the same place on every playfield.
Now, I don't know that it isn't for a fact, but it sure would explain quite a bit.
There must be an allowed tolerance, in manufacturing there is no such thing as perfect.

Very possible, however those are machine done right? whereas the parts were put on by hand. I agree, there may be a bit of variance, but I doubt it is as much as the actual parts.

#13619 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just discovered this gem.

Wow! How do you get to that mode? New code?

#13620 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow! How do you get to that mode? New code?

Hold the start button down after a bad ball one.

#13621 2 years ago

I was going to suggest this, feeding flipper coils constant current instead of a fixed voltage, but I searched first and was disappointed to see it was proposed three years ago (in another Spooky thread!) since apparently it was subsequently ignored when it could have been incorporated into R&M:

Quoted from mamawaldee:

Flipper force, like any magnetically derived force, is dependent on current, not voltage. If you can maintain the coil temperature, flipper power will approximately track with voltage. As the flipper coils heat up with constant use, resistance increases, current decreases, and force will decrease.

This problem will exist until somebody begins using closed loop current control on the flippers, the same way you control torque with motors.

You implement closed loop coil current control, and feed the coil rail with a SMPS that can provide the required current at low line voltage, and this lack-of-force problem can theoretically be eliminated. Only true mechanical wear will remain.

The idea being that you start with an oversized coil that will still be strong enough when hot. Then the system simply forces the chosen current through it (when you flip, of course), by lowering the activation voltage when it's cool and raising it as temperature increases. (It doesn't need to monitor the temp, though, it just keeps the current constant.) I would imagine it takes longer to heat up too, since you're not blasting it with the full voltage while it's cool.

Next game, perhaps? (A retrofit solution would rock, though! Aftermarket geniuses, put on your thinking caps!)

This article I found is what got me thinking about it:
https://www.electronicdesign.com/power-management/article/21805436/use-current-to-drive-solenoid-relay-from-array-of-voltages

#13622 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone have any issues installing the mantis garage protector? It won't slide into place. It's just a hair too large. I don't want to damage the clear and don't want to use any more force than necessary.
Any suggestions?

Did you have any luck getting it in? Mine's not sliding in easily (getting stuck on the clear in the whole I think) and I also don't want to damage anything.

#13623 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes, it is documented now on the bugs list.

Where is this list?

#13624 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I was going to suggest this, feeding flipper coils constant current instead of a fixed voltage, but I searched first and was disappointed to see it was proposed three years ago (in another Spooky thread!) since apparently it was subsequently ignored when it could have been incorporated into R&M:

The idea being that you start with an oversized coil that will still be strong enough when hot. Then the system simply forces the chosen current through it (when you flip, of course), by lowering the activation voltage when it's cool and raising it as temperature increases. (It doesn't need to monitor the temp, though, it just keeps the current constant.) I would imagine it takes longer to heat up too, since you're not blasting it with the full voltage while it's cool.
Next game, perhaps? (A retrofit solution would rock, though! Aftermarket geniuses, put on your thinking caps!)
This article I found is what got me thinking about it:
https://www.electronicdesign.com/power-management/article/21805436/use-current-to-drive-solenoid-relay-from-array-of-voltages

Multimorphic is the one you need to be lobbying with this idea (though I don't think it would really be better IRL). They make the P-ROC hardware. Spooky and American, etc are limited by the limits of that hardware. They therefore can't re-write low-level hardware timing and execution rules at will. However with the new Ben Heck board on the next machine (or YOUR homebrew, the licensing is DIRT CHEAP, if you haven't heard) maybe he has/could put that option in.

EDIT: Skimming the article, the PWM they recommend Spooky and Stern are definitely already doing for coil management on holds.

#13625 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Did you have any luck getting it in? Mine's not sliding in easily (getting stuck on the clear in the whole I think) and I also don't want to damage anything.

My protector was also a bit hard to fit, I gave a couple of light taps with my screwdriver handle and it fit into place without damaging the clear

#13626 2 years ago

#736 invoiced and paid!

#13627 2 years ago

738 paid!

xM87Vodg (resized).jpgxM87Vodg (resized).jpg
#13628 2 years ago

737 (standard) paid; I thought it was never going to happen.

Decided to run it at a friend's arcade for a bit as I'm going to be moving soon and it'll be fun to share with my friends + the community; things are finally feeling a bit more normal here in Portland. I know the general consensus is to play the game and then go from there, but is there anything preventative I should do in this case to make sure the game doesn't turn into a big headache for the location owner? Right now I was just planning on mylar around the flipper buttons (cause the cabinet decals seem to wear out incredibly fast...) and letting 'er ride.

Just a little concerned at the amount of grinding/welding/drilling going on in this thread, this late in production... but still very excited.

edit: does anyone have a picture of the decal wear on a routed BSE (in the holes of the portal lollipops)? just realized no mylar is available with a hole cut for the magnasave button... I'm debating skipping it, but don't want to end up with a bare white cabinet.

#13629 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Multimorphic is the one you need to be lobbying with this idea (though I don't think it would really be better IRL). They make the P-ROC hardware. Spooky and American, etc are limited by the limits of that hardware. They therefore can't re-write low-level hardware timing and execution rules at will. However with the new Ben Heck board on the next machine (or YOUR homebrew, the licensing is DIRT CHEAP, if you haven't heard) maybe he has/could put that option in.
EDIT: Skimming the article, the PWM they recommend Spooky and Stern are definitely already doing for coil management on holds.

Ben Heck is licensing his boards for home brews? Well that's interesting...

#13630 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Ben Heck is licensing his boards for home brews? Well that's interesting...

Maybe benheck will jump in to clarify, but it seemed like he was looking to license his new board set debuting with the next Spooky machine to anyone and everyone that wants to make a deal to use it. Because, if you haven't heard...IT'S DIRT CHEAP to license.

#13631 2 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Decided to run it at a friend's arcade for a bit as I'm going to be moving soon and it'll be fun to share with my friends + the community; things are finally feeling a bit more normal here in Portland. I know the general consensus is to play the game and then go from there, but is there anything preventative I should do in this case to make sure the game doesn't turn into a big headache for the location owner? Right now I was just planning on mylar around the flipper buttons (cause the cabinet decals seem to wear out incredibly fast...) and letting 'er ride.
Just a little concerned at the amount of grinding/welding/drilling going on in this thread, this late in production... but still very excited.
edit: does anyone have a picture of the decal wear on a routed BSE (in the holes of the portal lollipops)? just realized no mylar is available with a hole cut for the magnasave button... I'm debating skipping it, but don't want to end up with a bare white cabinet.

I have standard #192 with approx 1200 plays, no sign of wear around buttons. What I have noticed is my hands have "polished" the ends of the lockdown bar where my hands sit, nothing missing, just more shiny.

Preventative, check the nuts under the pop bumper are tight, order a spare set of rubbers especially a couple of extra post rubbers, align the flippers (toothpick in the hole, flipper resting on toothpick) adjust yr eos, should b good to go
IMG20210518165341 (resized).jpgIMG20210518165341 (resized).jpgIMG20210518165355 (resized).jpgIMG20210518165355 (resized).jpgIMG20210518165425 (resized).jpgIMG20210518165425 (resized).jpg

#13632 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

I have standard #192 with approx 1200 plays, no sign of wear around buttons. What I have noticed is my hands have "polished" the ends of the lockdown bar where my hands sit, nothing missing, just more shiny.
Preventative, check the nuts under the pop bumper are tight, order a spare set of rubbers especially a couple of extra post rubbers, align the flippers (toothpick in the hole, flipper resting on toothpick) adjust yr eos, should b good to go
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Idk why some of the BSEs seemed to wear so bad but if yours looks that mint still, I'm not gonna bother with mylar unless I notice an issue developing.

#13633 2 years ago

My stupid plastic “spring” that holds the ship broke. I’m not sure how since it is such a brilliant design. :/ is there a recommended fix for this that isn’t a large piece of metal?

#13634 2 years ago

I only run my machine in my basement. The only "go grab the attendant" stuff I've dealt with (Dad help me, the ball is stuck) has to do with the Rick and Morty drops. If they are not perfectly flush with the playfield the ball can hangup there. There are adjustment screws underneath and its an easy fix, but something you want to get dialed in before it gets public loving.

Good luck!

#13635 2 years ago

Idk why some of the BSEs seemed to wear so bad but if yours looks that mint still, I'm not gonna bother with mylar unless I notice an issue developing.

Probably depends on the player(s), some are tappers, some are slappers, and some just press the flipper buttons. I decided to go with this solution because it looks cool! https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p161/Rick_and_Morty_pinball_mod.html

#13636 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

My stupid plastic “spring” that holds the ship broke. I’m not sure how since it is such a brilliant design. :/ is there a recommended fix for this that isn’t a large piece of metal?

Here’s the replacement.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0185-00

#13637 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Make sure you don't overtighten the mounting nuts on install and that you check the actuator to make sure it isn't moving that flap too far up. I shortened the throw a bit and lowered the power on mine.

#13638 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Someone a while back in this thread recommended loosening the nuts that hold that flap down so the plastic is loose and it absorbs some of the impact so it is not all on the bend. I had to take off the house and the plastic around it to do it (you have to hold the bolts from under while you loosen up top). I did this immediately upon receiving my game and even though I had bought the metal version and another backup from Pinball Life (not counting the one they gave me with the game also), I have over 1400 plays on my game and zero breaks.

Since you are replacing yours, just do not tighten it down when you reinstall the new mount. Leave it loose so it has play. The lock nuts will hold it wherever you set them.

#13639 2 years ago

Saw this on my way home yesterday. We need a Tiny Rick mode!

269 (resized).jpeg269 (resized).jpeggiphy.gifgiphy.gif
#13640 2 years ago

Has anyone had the entire right side go dead on them?

No right flipper, no sling, no launch, no ball feed.....

I think I’m about done with this game.

#13641 2 years ago

Fuse on the p-roc board, when mine does that occasionally.
only blown about 3 times on location, thousands of plays, one of the top earners!

#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

And if the fuse is good, a wire just broke off on the top flipper.

Like it did on mine.

#13643 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Yep it's happened a fair bit on ours. Bottom right fuse (4A slow blow 20mm) on the board in back box.

#13644 2 years ago

Anybody have a pic of the mech that moves the ship . Mine appears to be broken , with the metal bar not attached to anything.

TIA . already sent to Spooky.

20210518_165829 (resized).jpg20210518_165829 (resized).jpg20210518_165938 (resized).jpg20210518_165938 (resized).jpg20210518_165957[1] (resized).jpg20210518_165957[1] (resized).jpg
#13645 2 years ago

Hoping for a small addition to the feature menu... I enjoy the topper just not the noise. Can a 3rd option be added in the Settings - Rick and Morty (Feature) - Attract Mode Topper -

As is: Enabled or Disabled

Requesting: Enabled, Enabled (Lights Only), Disabled

Either way, loving this game!

#13646 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anybody have a pic of the mech that moves the ship . Mine appears to be broken , with the metal bar not attached to anything.

No that's right, the rod should be loose, and it pushed up by the metal bar below it that is attached to the coil. Looks like maybe yours is set too high or too short as it should be touching that bar.

#13647 2 years ago

There's a new test version out today, but the notes appear the same as 5/11 IIRC, so not sure what changed.

#13648 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Mine looks like yours. I assume yours got stuck? The rod on mine has gotten stuck in the up position a couple of times, thought it was strange how loose it felt when I lifted the table to discover the issue. Curious if others have made any adjustments to prevent this.

#13649 2 years ago

Only adjustments I made was put some tape on the bottom of that bar so it didn't rattle so much. I believe they designed it to be loose so that it freely moves up and down.

#13650 2 years ago

#725 Shipped Today

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

9,699 (OBO)
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,231 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/273?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.