(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 405.
#13551 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If everyone waits before installing the unofficial update it won't become official. Eric needs some wide testing to shake out uncommon situations in the code. The more people that try the unofficial and submit comments the quicker things get tested/fixed and the code becomes official. Its easy to install updates just do it. IF you hate something about it you can always install the last official version.

Quoted from Zablon:

It's got a number of bugs, but if your flippers are being problematic, I highly recommend trying it out. The more people who can say if it helps or not will help him decide what to do with it.
I dont know what the turnaround time is, but it will depend on what bugs he can flush out before officially releasing it as well. If you don't like it you can always revert back to the older code.

Thank you both for the quick response. My flippers are working pretty well on Original - High Hold. Will think it over, sounds like lots of people are having more issues than I am so maybe I'll just wait. I also saw some people were having scores wiped with this update.

#13552 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

So am I the only sucker waiting for the "official" update then? I figured it would be a day or two before it was available on Spooky's site but I'm losing patience. If not official by EOD, I'm thinking about biting the bullet and installing the unofficial 5/11 code. I just figured that the issues with the 5/11 test code would maybe be fixed before it goes official...but this is my first Spooky pin and I got it just a month or so ago so I don't know anything.
Wait or not to wait?

You do realize that it takes "soak time" to A) discover and report issues, and B) Fix time to debug the issues and develop fixes.

Could be weeks before an official release is ready, and that is fine.

#13553 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Thank you both for the quick response. My flippers are working pretty well on Original - High Hold. Will think it over, sounds like lots of people are having more issues than I am so maybe I'll just wait. I also saw some people were having scores wiped with this update.

My scores are still there after the update....and if they weren’t, who cares - put up some new ones.

#13554 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My scores are still there after the update....and if they weren’t, who cares - put up some new ones.

Are you not able to program new high/default scores? My older games generally allow this. So when converting to NVRAM for example, I first wrote down the old scores... did the (physical) update which cleared the memory... then simply put the old scores back in as the new defaults.

Granted, I only had one DMD era game and that one didn't allow to program all the different mode champs but, eh... that gave the kids a chance to hit the board for a while too

#13555 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Are you not able to program new high/default scores? My older games generally allow this. So when converting to NVRAM for example, I first wrote down the old scores... did the (physical) update which cleared the memory... then simply put the old scores back in as the new defaults.
Granted, I only had one DMD era game and that one didn't allow to program all the different mode champs but, eh... that gave the kids a chance to hit the board for a while too

I'm not aware that this is possible in old games?? But..no.

While the update should NOT wipe your scores, some have reported (on multiple versions) that it's happened to them. This specific update does state it has a known bug as well to be aware of:

- Individual utilities to clear data sections clear all data.

#13556 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not aware that this is possible in old games?? But..no.
While the update should NOT wipe your scores, some have reported (on multiple versions) that it's happened to them. This specific update does state it has a known bug as well to be aware of:
- Individual utilities to clear data sections clear all data.

I had mine wiped during a failed update. Usually if the usb stick isnt properly prepped for transfer.

#13557 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I had mine wiped during a failed update. Usually if the usb stick isnt properly prepped for transfer.

Don't tell Canadian Big Brother that when you go in for casting again. Keep that fail between us.

#13558 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not aware that this is possible in old games??

In my SS-era games there are options to set the various high- and replay-level scores. Late 70's games might be primitive but 80's-era boardsets can set the scores for each player - the manuals don't explicitly call them that but "high scores 1-4" is the same analog. My Sys11 games have this too BUT can't always set the initials until later (earlier SS games didn't have initials of course). IIRC, my DrWho could set initials AND default high and GC scores BUT not all the different mode champs.

#13559 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

In my SS-era games there are options to set the various high- and replay-level scores. Late 70's games might be primitive but 80's-era boardsets can set the scores for each player - the manuals don't explicitly call them that but "high scores 1-4" is the same analog. My Sys11 games have this too BUT can't always set the initials until later (earlier SS games didn't have initials of course). IIRC, my DrWho could set initials AND default high and GC scores BUT not all the different mode champs.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that.

#13560 2 years ago

I just realized you can enter your initials with the magnet button instead of the start button. That's a convenient little feature.

#13561 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I just realized you can enter your initials with the magnet button instead of the start button. That's a convenient little feature.

Or the launch button. Any button that isn't the flippers.

#13562 2 years ago

FINE...peer pressure wins. Installed the Test Built 5-11-21. Flippers are better. Scores didn't erase. Sorry for being a Jerry about it...

EDIT: After 5 plays one of the smaller flipper springs I had been using snapped right off! I will be going back to the original more beefy springs with the new update. Others should consider the same if you swapped out springs for the previous update.

Jerry_Smith (resized).jpgJerry_Smith (resized).jpg

#13563 2 years ago

I know there was some talk a while back about the topper motor noise...anyone ever come up with a quiter motor?

#13564 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I know there was some talk a while back about the topper motor noise...anyone ever come up with a quiter motor?

Still on my "to do" list, but I need hands-on with an actual topper first.

#13565 2 years ago

Just recieved my machine in sunny QLD Australia a couple days ago! Machine #407. All set up and she plays amazingly. A few connectors came loose (tilt soldering broke, backglass illumination LED's connector unplugged) but other than that it works perfectly.

Huge props to everyone at Spooky for working so hard on everything. Absolutely love the code and it's the best first pin I could dream of.

Keen to see what additional modes the future holds!

#13566 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I have a route game, so never worried about the noise. But I was at the location before opening when the bar was silent, and I really think it has quieted down significantly. Perhaps the motor is noisier when it’s new?....

#13567 2 years ago

I barely notice when mine is on these days.

#13568 2 years ago

That wire always bothered me....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13569 2 years ago

FINALLY played one that was dialed in almost perfectly. This game is great. I was laughing so much and I know nothing about the show. That Swifty mode is great. Same for the Roy one I think is the name.

Loved going for mega seeds and stacking with MB and a mode and dimensions. Very very addicting. Can’t wait to play again.

#13570 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know nothing about the show.

Dude...its a great show. You need to watch it. You are in for a treat.

#13571 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

FINALLY played one that was dialed in almost perfectly. This game is great. I was laughing so much and I know nothing about the show. That Swifty mode is great. Same for the Roy one I think is the name.
Loved going for mega seeds and stacking with MB and a mode and dimensions. Very very addicting. Can’t wait to play again.

It’s addicting like no other. I’ve rotated in 5 games, great games too, since I’ve gotten R&M and still play it almost as much as all the new games combined.

#13572 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s addicting like no other. I’ve rotated in 5 games, great games too, since I’ve gotten R&M and still play it almost as much as all the new games combined.

Ugh really wish people would stop saying stuff like this because it makes me want one even more...

#13573 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Ugh really wish people would stop saying stuff like this because it makes me want one even more...

It’s a typical Spooky fan layout with Photoshopped art and boring uninspired callouts. Hard pass.

#13574 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Don't think there is a wizard mode if that helps?

But maybe there is still time for Bowen's first wizard mode to make it into the game?

This game is Bowen's first game he has developed rules?

One of the main reasons this game got my attention when it was announced, was Bowen and Eric doing the code.

#13575 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But maybe there is still time for Bowen's first wizard mode to make it into the game?
This game is Bowen's first game he has developed rules?
One of the main reasons this game got my attention when it was announced, was Bowen and Eric doing the code.

You should pick one up...I've seen a couple really fairly priced R&M's recently. The game is too difficult for some people and they are letting them go soon after unboxing. It's a players game.

I'm not holding my breath on an added Wizard mode. Love Potion #9 feels like a wizard mode to me...really fun, not that easy to get to and pretty deep. At this point in the development cycle, nailing the bugs/flippers is more important.

#13576 2 years ago

That potion No 9 feels like one for now. That mode was great too.

I like that the game keeps going and you can play more adventures after that.

Please spooky, don’t make any more games that just go to game over when you beat it. That’s no bueno imo.

#13577 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You should pick one up...I've seen a couple really fairly priced R&M's recently. The game is too difficult for some people and they are letting them go soon after unboxing. It's a players game.
I'm not holding my breath on an added Wizard mode. Love Potion #9 feels like a wizard mode to me...really fun, not that easy to get to and pretty deep. At this point in the development cycle, nailing the bugs/flippers is more important.

Just waiting to see Mando stream next week, to try and decide.

GnR was on the list, but not a fan of the code having watched a ton of streams.

#13578 2 years ago

Yes GNR’s ruleset isn’t half as fun at R&M. Lots of breadth to R&M with the dimensions and going for mega seeds.

GNR revolves around massive song jackpots. All the rules relate to that. Also very long ball times. Easy to live, hard to prosper as they say.

R&M will at least put you out of your misery if you’re missing shots. Haha

#13579 2 years ago

Just waiting to see Mando stream next week, to try and decide.
GnR was on the list, but not a fan of the code having watched a ton of streams.

I feel the same way about GNR and wasn't impressed with the SE gameplay. Would still like to pick one up one day and see if it grows on me...I'm a sucker for rock and roll pins.

From my perspective, Mando looks like a dud (but I'm not a fan of the show, so I understand why people are still hoping for the best). The stream should be interesting...

#13580 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

R&M will at least put you out of your misery if you’re missing shots. Haha

Yesterday I beat my "Flow Mobius" high and hit a 9-way combo. Really satisfying...

#13581 2 years ago

What is everyone seeing for Goodbye Moonmen scores? I just had a game where I played it as the first adventure of the game (wasn't stacked with anything) and got over 25 million. I did hit all shots and played it really well but was shocked to see how many points were racked up in such a short period without anything stacked. I've been in the process of selling a house and moving so I haven't had many opportunities to play on recent code. If this doesn't sound typical I'll send the logs off to Eric.

20210514_194441 (resized).jpg20210514_194441 (resized).jpg
#13582 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What is everyone seeing for Goodbye Moonmen scores?

Pretty sure I have a 7.5 million top score and that was hitting all the shots once. No stacks or Meeseeks that I remember.

#13583 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What is everyone seeing for Goodbye Moonmen scores? I just had a game where I played it as the first adventure of the game (wasn't stacked with anything) and got over 25 million. I did hit all shots and played it really well but was shocked to see how many points were racked up in such a short period without anything stacked. I've been in the process of selling a house and moving so I haven't had many opportunities to play on recent code. If this doesn't sound typical I'll send the logs off to Eric.
[quoted image]

I just got 7.6 mill last night in it, and I really don't know how I did as I only hit 2-3 shots I think.

#13584 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

What is everyone seeing for Goodbye Moonmen scores?

The best I've done was 11 million plus, and I was amazed at that. I stacked it with multiball, got the multipliers up, and made all of the shots at least once. I don't know how you pulled 25 million plus out of it. That is bonkers! Congrats though.

#13585 2 years ago

EP said there were a TON of points available in Moonmen if you hit all your shots and then hit them some more.

#13586 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I've been in the process of selling a house and moving so I haven't had many opportunities to play on recent code.

Where are you moving to? I've gotten to be quite the expert at moving over the past year.

#13587 2 years ago

Aw Jeez you guys are good.

I swear I can hit all the shots but when the Moonmen mode starts and all that’s playing is the music, I fall apart under the pressure like a Jerry. The clock doesn’t stop even during ball locks so I haven’t even cleared all the shots even once yet before time runs out.
06506DB2-EC04-41CA-981D-A4A130D261E9 (resized).jpeg06506DB2-EC04-41CA-981D-A4A130D261E9 (resized).jpeg

#13588 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Trust me, I've thought about snagging one but haven't seen many in my price range that don't need to be shipped. No concerns on wizard mode as I'd likely not see it anyway - game just seems too fun regardless and apparently (based off owning GB and TMNT) I like brutal pins.

#13589 2 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:

That wire always bothered me....
[quoted image]

Well it didn't bother me much until you said it bothered you...so then it was all I was able to see. You have inspired me as well.

64DA47C0-366F-4053-836E-65A3F40B4B10 (resized).jpeg64DA47C0-366F-4053-836E-65A3F40B4B10 (resized).jpeg
#13590 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Really there are only 2 reasons someone might not like R&M. The difficulty or simply not liking the show/humor. As a pinball machine sure it is 'hit the light shots', but the way that play is integrated feels very unique to anything I've played before. That's just talking about modes. Add the dimensions into it and you have a crazy amount of variations that impact scoring. There is SO much to see.

If you haven't played one, see if any ops have one on site somewhere near you, or even someone on pinside maybe might let you come play it.

#13591 2 years ago

Are they stilling taking orders for builds? Anyone have a spot for a blood suckers edition they need to give up or know someone? DM me.

#13592 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Are they stilling taking orders for builds? Anyone have a spot for a blood suckers edition they need to give up? DM me.

No, and they've built all the Bloodsuckers I gather, they're at the end of the run building "Standards" now.

#13593 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Really there are only 2 reasons someone might not like R&M. The difficulty or simply not liking the show/humor. As a pinball machine sure it is 'hit the light shots', but the way that play is integrated feels very unique to anything I've played before. That's just talking about modes. Add the dimensions into it and you have a crazy amount of variations that impact scoring. There is SO much to see.
If you haven't played one, see if any ops have one on site somewhere near you, or even someone on pinside maybe might let you come play it.

Thanks. Yeah there is one on location about a half hour away from me and I just got dose #2 so I'm itching to get out there. This feels like the kind of game that has enough depth and immersion to where I'd wanna have it at home, but it's a spendy one so location might need to be it for awhile. Or just wait till the market chills out or another nice owner in California decides to move on.

#13594 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck, I love my SThLE probably about as much as you do.

But it ain’t no R&M!

#13595 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Thanks. Yeah there is one on location about a half hour away from me and I just got dose #2 so I'm itching to get out there. This feels like the kind of game that has enough depth and immersion to where I'd wanna have it at home, but it's a spendy one so location might need to be it for awhile. Or just wait till the market chills out or another nice owner in California decides to move on.

You can stop by and demo mine (once you are fully vaccinated)

#13596 2 years ago
20210515_123717 (resized).jpg20210515_123717 (resized).jpg
#13597 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just to put this in context, the game he played was mine, and I have done *zero* dialing-in except grinding down a rivet on the right ramp (causing airballs), aligning the flippers to the inlanes and installing the latest code with all defaults for flipper settings. What he noticed are the differences between a build in the 80s vs a build in mid 300s (mine).

We played all night, to the point we went from a clean playfield to visible balltrails even on the trap position. NO flipper collapse except for one point-blank pop slam into left flipper, and it recovered immediately. Left ramp was always makeable from a trap, and I'm not even running fans. Set a new GC (beat my buddy's old GC by 600K)

I still have a few tweaks to do to the upper area (diverter and UR corner switches) but I'm really happy with how it plays now.

#13598 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What he noticed are the differences between a build in the 80s vs a build in mid 300s (mine).

That is great news. With #748...I should not even need to aim!

#13599 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just to put this in context, the game he played was mine, and I have done *zero* dialing-in except grinding down a rivet on the right ramp (causing airballs), aligning the flippers to the inlanes and installing the latest code with all defaults for flipper settings. What he noticed are the differences between a build in the 80s vs a build in mid 300s (mine).
We played all night, to the point we went from a clean playfield to visible balltrails even on the trap position. NO flipper collapse except for one point-blank pop slam into left flipper, and it recovered immediately. Left ramp was always makeable from a trap, and I'm not even running fans. Set a new GC (beat my buddy's old GC by 600K)
I still have a few tweaks to do to the upper area (diverter and UR corner switches) but I'm really happy with how it plays now.

I think that it's important to point out that most all the games are put together slightly different. I waited a few months before I made any orbit lane changes, but it plays sooo much better now that I've made those adjustments. I think each game is going to have 1/8's of inches of variance if not more. Some better than others from factory.

#13600 2 years ago

I don't doubt mine can be tweaked to play even more smoothly, just saying the tweaks aren't absolutely necessary to enjoy the game. I've got a list of adjustments I plan on making at some point...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (OBO)
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/272?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.