(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,615 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 323 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211201_222542086 (resized).jpg
20211124_215803 (resized).jpg
20211124_132129 (resized).jpg
20211124_132106 (resized).jpg
20211122_152120 (resized).jpg
20211122_151128 (resized).jpg
20211122_150536 (resized).jpg
797C8916-E87F-4825-961A-9717153F30F4 (resized).jpeg
RM (resized).jpg
CB0194E1-9FCD-4E94-B44F-80B011709C99 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211116-082730_Chrome (resized).jpg
99E09A19-A829-4C51-9D9F-600A73221BA4 (resized).jpeg
A2615975-FED2-42CF-B7F8-9F9059C7BE56 (resized).jpeg
48DFBAEA-5B25-4CEE-8A8F-6E472F85830A (resized).jpeg
purple_coin_door_decal (resized).png
3d_printed_plate (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

83 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 333.
#13451 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some multimeters have a duty cycle measurement setting, too.

Sure, but that doesn't mean you are getting the right info. I think it will be important to see the waveforms. We are sliding back into alt.flipper.nerd. We really need a dedicated technical thread for this topic, or feel free to continue via PM.

#13452 6 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Sure, but that doesn't mean you are getting the right info. I think it will be important to see the waveforms. We are sliding back into alt.flipper.nerd. We really need a dedicated technical thread for this topic, or feel free to continue via PM.

Someone start a thread then, I want to read it.

#13453 6 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Dunno. Haven't done it yet, but with a decent multimeter, it should be pretty close. We'll see.

#13454 6 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

What actor says the line in the show? I'd always assume licensing issues when something has to be left out. Very cool that they were able to re-add the dimension without it.

Brandon Johnson, who also voices Goldenfold.

#13455 6 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

If I have the original design, will they still be sufficient for this game? I just got my game so I haven't had the chance to put them on, but I've noticed some significant flipper fade already.

Yeah, they'll definitely still cool the coils well enough to avoid fade. The extra CFM in the new version is basically to drop average cooled temps even lower, and by standardizing on the higher CFM fans, all the kits will have the same amount of airflow instead of it being different in different kits.

#13456 6 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they'll definitely still cool the coils well enough to avoid fade. The extra CFM in the new version is basically to drop average cooled temps even lower, and by standardizing on the higher CFM fans, all the kits will have the same amount of airflow instead of it being different in different kits.

Are they as noisy as the stock Spooky / Stern power-supply fan? *irony*

#13457 6 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Are they as noisy as the stock Spooky / Stern power-supply fan? *irony*

Haha. No. Even with all three higher CFM fans running, it's only about 25dB in total, which is WAY less than the stock Spooky power supply fan.

#13458 6 months ago

Just discovered this gem.

20210511_194912 (resized).jpg
#13459 6 months ago

So I tried out the beta code and set all the flipper stuff to defaults. Played 10-15 quick games (cause I suck) and so far so good. Both flippers taking balls to the face and standing strong. No drops during multiballs either. I like the new settings layout. Much simpler.

I did hit one bug.

During Total Rickall I inadvertently activated the status pages and it got stuck on them. I could cycle through them, but not cancel them, and at the same time all switches stopped functioning, flippers still worked, and the adventure was still playing. When the ball drained, the game didn't know it, and didn't try to do a ball find. I could not reset the game from the service buttons. Had to hard reboot it.

Otherwise, liking it so far!!!

#13460 6 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Just discovered this gem.

Is that the abort/restart screen? I did that once way back when and never again...

#13461 6 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is that the abort/restart screen? I did that once way back when and never again...

yeah, it's when you try to start a new game w/o finishing the current one.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if he's adding callouts with each release or not, but I'm still hearing new callouts from time to time Especially in Roy.

#13462 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

yeah, it's when you try to start a new game w/o finishing the current one.
Speaking of which, I'm not sure if he's adding callouts with each release or not, but I'm still hearing new callouts from time to time Especially in Roy.

I think with the price of Bitcoin skyrocketing, they need to change the one Roy death as it’s no longer relevant

#13463 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I tried out the beta code and set all the flipper stuff to defaults. Played 10-15 quick games (cause I suck) and so far so good. Both flippers taking balls to the face and standing strong. No drops during multiballs either. I like the new settings layout. Much simpler.

I think that anyone that has had flipper issues should update. I was able to drop catch / live catch without fear. Flippers felt completely normal (and I'm still using the original bushings). Thanks, Eric!

#13464 6 months ago
Quoted from newovad:

I think that anyone that has had flipper issues should update. I was able to drop catch / live catch without fear. Flippers felt completely normal (and I'm still using the original bushings). Thanks, Eric!

I know its been asked before,but when updating the code, you lose all high scores correct?...and no way to save them prior and reinstate them?
Edit-was advised it does not wipe out the scoring...sweet

#13465 6 months ago

Hit another minor bug where the human music dimension callouts continued through the ball drain/next ball. (First time I've even seen this dimension).

Flippers still solid! Thank you very much! epthegeek

#13466 6 months ago

I thought I was going crazy, but the flipper bats are definitely different from all other games I have from different companies.

See image attached showing the tip of the bat is about 3mm for Spooky and 4mm for generic bat from other games.

I switched to the generic size, so we'll see if that does anything for me.

PXL_20210512_033346518 (resized).jpgPXL_20210512_033407667 (resized).jpg
#13467 6 months ago

I noticed they seemed smaller, but didn't know if it was just an optical illusion...but didn't seem to be an issue. Definitely try the new code if you are still having issues.

#13468 6 months ago

Looks like 3+mm vs 3+mm to me.

#13469 6 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Looks like 3+mm vs 3+mm to me.

Yeah, I am not seeing much of a difference either. It seems that some people are just looking for anything to pick apart. Rather than using a 1960 wooden ruler, maybe break out some calipers and see for sure. Even if they are slightly off (which it does not look like they are), I highly doubt it is making any difference whatsoever. If there is a difference in size, it is extremely minimal.

#13470 6 months ago

Just updated the code, put my holds to extreme(i dont play too often back to back so heat is not an issue). Flippers are even better now, great work epthegeek appreciate it.

#13471 6 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hit another minor bug where the human music dimension callouts continued through the ball drain/next ball. (First time I've even seen this dimension).
Flippers still solid! Thank you very much! epthegeek

I just installed the new May code and had the same bug. The human music dimension carried over to the next ball.

Another bug I found is the antigravity meter now shows nothing. Worked fine on the April code earlier today. I did a power cycle and it still didn’t show anything.

epthegeek the new code made my flippers PERFECT! Original settings with flipper hold on high and I experienced zero flipper issues!

#13472 6 months ago

Yep, flippers are good to go now. Just played a bunch, no collapsing at all. Fade was consistent with any other modern game, was still able to make left ramps after a half dozen games and I'm not running any fans right now. I never had the self-flipping thing during MB and didn't notice anything on this version either. Everything felt solid. I reset all flipper settings to default before playing.

Hopefully this is the end of flipper issues

I just noticed the most jerry award, I used 9 ballsaves in one game yea baby!

#13473 6 months ago

Anyone else receive a game with the backbox so misaligned that the security bolt holes don't match up on the backbox and the cabinet making it impossible to install the security screw? Or have a broken tightening screw on the upper flipper bat assembly? And have no EOS switch on the upper flipper??

#13474 6 months ago

People that are having trouble sliding the glass on and get lockbar back on, look up at the top your glass is probably getting stuck on the black flap up there. You have to push it down to slide the glass over. Also the playfield gets hung up on the magna save button when pulling it out and putting it back. Pretty poor quality control on so many things. My coin door is kind of loose and janky. Who knows what else I'll find once I can actually start playing it with a proper upper flipper..

#13475 6 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone else receive a game with the backbox so misaligned that the security bolt holes don't match up on the backbox and the cabinet making it impossible to install the security screw? ...

It sounds like something isn't right. First time I've heard of anything like this.

You should email Spooky, they are very helpful!

Also they do like a happy customer!

#13476 6 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

And have no EOS switch on the upper flipper??

I can confirm that there are no Rick and Mortys with an EOS switch on the upper flipper. It was designed and built that way. I dunno why, that's just the way it is.

#13477 6 months ago

software controlled - eos is optional.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I can confirm that there are no Rick and Mortys with an EOS switch on the upper flipper. It was designed and built that way. I dunno why, that's just the way it is.

#13478 6 months ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned previously, but I found a bug on the current public firmware.

Was playing single player, first ball drained, the pin was going through the end of ball credits, my boy walks in and wants to play, so I added a second player during the end of ball credits and the pin stalled.

Callouts continued, telling me to hurry up, but the ball refused to eject. Had to restart the pin.

#13479 6 months ago

Found a bug in the pre-release code that has just come out. My game had one error listed in the error code section, so I used the Clear Error Codes option to clear it. It did that, but it also cleared all my audits and high scores. No big deal, I've only had the game for two days, so nothing significant lost.

#13480 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

software controlled - eos is optional.

You don't mean if an EOS switch is added to the upper flipper that the code supports it?

As far as I know it is not catered for. That would make it not optional?

#13481 6 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I thought I was going crazy, but the flipper bats are definitely different from all other games I have from different companies.
See image attached showing the tip of the bat is about 3mm for Spooky and 4mm for generic bat from other games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Personally i am just impressed that you can read millimeters on a ruler that measures inches....

#13482 6 months ago

EOS is not needed with the upper flipper at all since you are never trapping balls and holding it up for periods of time. I don't know if Eric added EOS support for the upper flipper but I doubt it since EOS is not installed at the factory. I'm sure spooky support could verify.

Quoted from razorsedge:

You don't mean if an EOS switch is added to the upper flipper that the code supports it?
As far as I know it is not catered for. That would make it not optional?

#13483 6 months ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Personally i am just impressed that you can read millimeters on a ruler that measures inches....

Ha! I didn't even notice!

Silly to imagine Spooky had a slightly different bat created just for R&M, anyway.

#13484 6 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Another bug I found is the antigravity meter now shows nothing. Worked fine on the April code earlier today. I did a power cycle and it still didn’t show anything.

Mine was working fine after 5/11 code update, specifically looked for it after reading your post... double-check connectors?

#13485 6 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mine was working fine after 5/11 code update, specifically looked for it after reading your post... double-check connectors?

Yeah, sounds like I might have to. With the amount of vibration on this machine, it wouldn't surprise me haha.

#13486 6 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

EOS is not needed with the upper flipper at all since you are never trapping balls and holding it up for periods of time. I don't know if Eric added EOS support for the upper flipper but I doubt it since EOS is not installed at the factory. I'm sure spooky support could verify.

If you trap on the lower right flipper the upper flipper is going to be engaged as well, unless you are staging, which most people generally aren't going to be doing. I can already notice the upper flipper coil paper is wrinkling and drying up, an indication of a hot coil. And I've honestly gotten less than 10 plays in with the amount of issues I am having.

Also what color bolt did you guys get on your upper flipper assembly? The bolt that's used to tighten and hold the flipper bat? Mine was broken but chrome. I noticed both lower flippers have the standard black Allen head screw. Super poor QC on my game.

PXL_20210506_075917313 (resized).jpgPXL_20210506_081053385 (resized).jpg
#13487 6 months ago

Anyone know if the standards are leaving the building yet? Impatiently waiting for 586

#13488 6 months ago

I got my sheet asking what options I wanted about 3 weeks ago but have not been invoiced yet for my standard #647. I know it is getting close.

#13489 6 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Also what color bolt did you guys get on your upper flipper assembly? The bolt that's used to tighten and hold the flipper bat? Mine was broken but chrome. I noticed both lower flippers have the standard black Allen head screw. Super poor QC on my game. [quoted image][quoted image]

I hate that type of flipper mech bolt, yeah they're easier to do up but I've broken quite a few with less torque than is needed to secure the flipper.

#13490 6 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Anyone else receive a game with the backbox so misaligned that the security bolt holes don't match up on the backbox and the cabinet making it impossible to install the security screw? Or have a broken tightening screw on the upper flipper bat assembly? And have no EOS switch on the upper flipper??

I had to enlarge the hole to get security bolt to work in both of my R and M. Had to push in a dowel, use a spade bit and then a large washer. #288 and 524 (if I remember numbers right, one is at home one on route).

#13491 6 months ago

Just paid off Standard #719! It’s almost time to get schwifty!

#13492 6 months ago

Just paid Invoice #725 Standard!

#13493 6 months ago

#723 standard just paid also!

#13494 6 months ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just paid off Standard #719! It’s almost time to get schwifty!

I was planning to get riggity riggity wrecked myself.....

#13495 6 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Silly to imagine Spooky had a slightly different bat created just for R&M, anyway.

Even better!

Evidently they had 3 flipper bats made specially just for one machine!

Now that’s going above and beyond!!

rd

#13496 6 months ago

Standard #721 paid for today!

#13497 6 months ago

Just paid, #6xx bloodsucker edition. I can’t remember what number ours is lmao. Pretty stoked!
Edit: #684

#13498 6 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Just paid, #6xx bloodsucker edition.

Cool, that's the 4th R&M in Idaho that I know of.

#13499 6 months ago

#704 arrived a day early today!

I just unboxed it and tried a game and noticed this problem: the lights on left side of machine stay on and white, both count down LEDs stay “88” and do not turn off. Right side lights will color change during game and attract. Anyone know the fix? Thanks for any help-

CE2F61F7-2C35-4241-9882-7B51126CA56B (resized).jpeg
#13500 6 months ago

johnnyutah mine arrived today too! (#698)
(nice carpet too!)

There are 16,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 333.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside