(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 405.
#13201 2 years ago

Hey now! Who saw this? Top 100 tv shows. Loving the game and can't wait for season 5

Screenshot_20210504-152501_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210504-152501_Chrome (resized).jpg
#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I was just going to post the same question. Would be really useful to have a PDF that describes all the adventure phases. When I'm playing, it's impossible to focus on the LCD to notice if the phases are explicit or not. In any event, seems like knowing some of the phase subtleties would help get killer scores.
[quoted image]

Can't one just take a screengrab like you did here for the different adventures?

#13203 2 years ago

The kiwi edition with black n purple looks good. Grown on me having it myself.

Likely buy black legs and ship with the next pin. Bring on the next game!

#13204 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Yea standards have a topper
Here's my standard #192
They sent purple legs by mistake, I don't mind[quoted image][quoted image]

The black and purple looks really cool! I like the look of the black with the space part of the artwork.

#13205 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Can't one just take a screengrab like you did here for the different adventures?

Certainly...for the Adventures played. I didn't watch the entire video, but I assume Bowen didn't play every adventure...

#13206 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Also, I forgot the order I took the screws out, so I don't know if the longer screw goes in the left or right.
Anyone?

I think the short screw goes on the left, but I'm not 100% sure. Basically the short screw needs to go on the side with the subway underneath. If you put the long screw there it will protrude into the top of the subway and stop the ball.

#13207 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No Topper, either.
Looks nekkid.

Pre topper picture. Standards get the topper.

I also thought about Standard buyers when we discovered the art rubbing off pretty quickly through the cutouts of the portal, around the buttons where fingers touch. I looked because of it being raised in a post and would probably not have noticed til it was worn through otherwise. This was only a month out of the box.

It seems to me this would be a pretty good reason for Standard buyers to go for butter if they can...

Alternatively non sticky mylar button art protectors or something like that.

I put EL potal panels in there as a solution straight away.

#13208 2 years ago

We played Alot of Rick and Morty on the weekend. Tried to be recording at all times in case the scoop situation presented itself again @epthegeek. April code.

Didn't find that one, but there were a few 50 point ghost seed counts. I have about 12 hours of video to sift through for maybe 4 other occasions of 50 seed bug, may be all the same one or not I don't know yet.

But this particular game had a few interesting things go on. Mainly the horseshoe trapping a ball with no locks lit. I considered hardware issues but couldn't identify anything wrong. Tests were all working switches and coils. We carried on playing as normal many following games.

6:07 - Rick Standup Target scores 250 points during Moonmen adventure.

14:30 - Rick (horseshoe) Drop Target pops up during the start of Total Rickall.
15:10 - Ball goes in through open Morty drop, and stays behind raised Rick target. Stayed in a loop of drop then instant reset, never released the ball or searched.
15:52 - Morty drop target is raised. After more than enough time of waiting for code to do something other than repeat on the Rick Dt, released the ball by removing the glass.

29:30 - Ball 3 Player 3 tilts with trapped ball and the flipper stays up with hold power. Wouldn't think it poses as an issue, just found it interesting.

I'll edit some clips together of any other interesting highlights from the vids, as soon as I get a chance to hack through it for a couple of hours.

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We played Alot of Rick and Morty on the weekend. Tried to be recording at all times in case the scoop situation presented itself again.
Didn't find that one, but there were a few 50 point ghost seed counts. I have about 12 hours of video to sift through for maybe 4 other occasions of 50 seed bug, may be all the same one or not I don't know yet.
But this particular game had a few interesting things go on. Mainly the horseshoe trapping a ball with no locks lit. I considered hardware issues but couldn't identify anything wrong. Tests were all working switches and coils. We carried on playing as normal many following games.

6:07 - Rick Standup Target scores 250 points during Moonmen adventure.
15:10 - Ball goes in through open Morty drop, and stays behind raised Rick target. Stayed in a loop of drop then instant reset, never released the ball or searched.
15:52 - Morty drop target is raised. After more than enough time of waiting for code to do something other than repeat on the Rick Dt, released the ball by removing the glass.
29:30 - Ball 3 Player 3 tilts with trapped ball and the flipper stays up with hold power. Wouldn't think it poses as an issue, just found it interesting.
I'll edit some clips together of any other interesting highlights from the vids, as soon as I get a chance to hack through it for a couple of hours.

your issue at 14:30 happens to me periodically (only with that mode) ... i was told from support that it was either a flaky opto or target switch. Tests did not root out the problem . Sometimes the target pops up and some times it doesn't . The issue does not happen when a lock is lit or a ball is already locked.

This scenario , with total Rickall, is the only time there is a problem with the drop target not being in the proper position. Both targets are supposed to be up

#13210 2 years ago

Question to anyone who centered their left ramp.
I took out the screws, and the ramp is actually as far to the right in the playfield cutout that it will allow.
So even if I wanted to move it, there is no way. But it's clearly not as straight as some of the pics I've seen.
Any thoughts?
Also, I forgot the order I took the screws out, so I don't know if the longer screw goes in the left or right.
Anyone?

Short screw goes on the left, normal screw goes on the right. I remember thinking it was odd they were different lengths. On the right ramp, all screws are the same length.

#13211 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

This one isn’t a bug. Total Rickall has a ‘prefer targets up’ thing that will raise the drop targets if a lock is not lit (making the shots into targets instead of a loop). If they don’t both go up, that’s a problem with the one that didn’t.

Thanks for the video of the rest of it though!

#13212 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This one isn’t a bug. Total Rickall has a ‘prefer targets up’ thing that will raise the drop targets if a lock is not lit (making the shots into targets instead of a loop). If they don’t both go up, that’s a problem with the one that didn’t.

So the problem is that the Morty drop target didn't raise?

I watched it a few times in slow-mo and the Morty target didn't even appear to budge or attempt. Morty worked fine every other time after that event as well. Operates freely and isn't gummy or worn.

The game seemed to be doing some sort of Rickall drop reset? ... rather than letting the trapped ball out and raising morty?

Eventually it made a different sequence there and raised the Morty target, but with the ball still stuck. The opto's all tested okay.

I stopped looking for problems with the machine, do you think I should still be looking? . Intermittent opto or something?

#13213 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

So the problem is that the Morty drop target didn't raise?

If the morty target didn’t raise, the game thought it was already up. Check for a loose/janky connection on the morty drop switch.

I do need to look into handing that ball situation better though.

#13214 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If the morty target didn’t raise, the game thought it was already up. Check for a loose/janky connection on the morty drop switch.

Cheers!

I'm looking through some of the other filmed games now, I was just going to clip the preceding couple of minutes of each instance where 50 points comes up. There were about half dozen games where it happened.

#13215 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is there supposed to be a parasite killed on eject from the scoop to start the mode? I think I get credit for a Rick shot 50% of the time....

Quoted from Chisox:

So I’d like to ask all the Mortys who have scored 100 mil plus , where are you raking all these points? Is it megaseeds? I can’t break the 40-50 mil plateau and since I’m playing alone and the second I look up at the screen while playing I drain, I can’t figure out how to break the 100 mil mark. And please don’t start talking about your flippers because I’m not sure I can handle any more.

I've been waiting days for the ability to reply to this XD The answer is to ask MEESEEKS for help. Meeseeks during modes, meeseeks during dimensions, meeseeks during GMB. My top game is 102M with a 58M GMB and 20-something MMB. Seeds will sweeten the pot. I pulled ~38M in bonuses. Imagine if I could shoot!

#13216 2 years ago

FYI just sent final payment for my standard. The end is near!

#13217 2 years ago

Congrats to Spooky staying the course and completing within their timeframe despite all the craziness of the last year. Can't wait to see what the next game will be.

#13218 2 years ago

#709 delivered... From garage to basement is gonna be the fun part. Has anyone taken the head off? My door isn’t wide enough for the back box attached.. was thinking of “shark fin” but I haven’t tried that yet..

#13219 2 years ago

I took my head completely off. Wasn't fun but it's do-able. Unfortunately, I had to disconnect 3 wires from some IDC connectors. Those wires should have been together in one harness but they were split up in the cabinet and then came up into the head on two seperate harnesses. Oh well, I am now much more familiar with my machine this way!

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

I took my head completely off. Wasn't fun but it's do-able. Unfortunately, I had to disconnect 3 wires from some IDC connectors. Those wires should have been together in one harness but they were split up in the cabinet and then came up into the head on two seperate harnesses. Oh well, I am now much more familiar with my machine this way!

Along these lines, my one wish for Spooky's next game is they put the main power supply harness on a molex connector in the back so it's dead simple to disconnect it and you don't have to unscrew each individual wire and then get it right putting them back in a near blind situation back there. Stern has it right with their power supply connector situation. Quick on/quick off. Hopefully Spooky joins the party. We're talking maybe 50 cents of additional cost for a couple connectors and some wire.

Oh, and a power supply with a thermal switch so the fan doesn't run all the time.

So that's two wishes. Saved one for later.

#13221 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I gotta say your ball handling is most excellent. The other day I started Meeseeks during some mode and was getting GMB locks, draining into the ballsave, adding a ball, more drains, another GMB lock, added GMB in, more drains, I think another AAB, with a couple portal shots sprinkled in, and the game kept track of everything perfectly.

Rick did have to adjust his balls afterward, it was that good.

IMHO pretty impressive considering all the switches involved with the horseshoe, trough, etc.

#13222 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I gotta say your ball handling is most excellent.

Quoted for emphasis. Hubba hubba.

#13223 2 years ago

I saw a post that I can't find now where someone hung a computer style fan with zip ties directed at their right flipper.

Curious to know if there is a fan available that can connect to the game, but not in the service port.

I'm going to get a set from PinMonk when they become available, but curious if there's another option to try now.

Thanks

#13225 2 years ago

epthegeek - Is disabling anti-gravity when the right flipper in use (and the launch lane switch too, I think) intentional?

#13226 2 years ago

I saw a post that I can't find now where someone hung a computer style fan with zip ties directed at their right flipper.
Curious to know if there is a fan available that can connect to the game, but not in the service port.
I'm going to get a set from PinMonk when they become available, but curious if there's another option to try now.
Thanks

I use this. The downside is if you want it on, you do have to reach in and turn it on. Not a big deal for me, but might be for others.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0854BC25V/ref=pe_386300_442618370_pd_te_s_rtpb_ti/143-9764330-6668858

#13227 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

epthegeek - Is disabling anti-gravity when the right flipper in use (and the launch lane switch too, I think) intentional?

yes- intentional. i think it was too much for the fuse or something. posted several months ago.

#13228 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I use this. The downside is if you want it on, you do have to reach in and turn it on. Not a big deal for me, but might be for others.
amazon.com link »

It's USB powered?

#13229 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

yes- intentional. i think it was too much for the fuse or something. posted several months ago.

Ah, thanks. I see it now in the 2020.08.10 code release notes.

Dang, this messes me up in MB, more than I would like to admit.

#13230 2 years ago

Yes and very quiet, and hits both lower flippers.

#13231 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes and very quiet, and hits both lower flippers.

Where are you plugging in the USB and I assume it turns on and off with the game??

#13232 2 years ago

Where are you plugging in the USB and I assume it turns on and off with the game??

Think Zablon covered that:

"The downside is if you want it on, you do have to reach in and turn it on. Not a big deal for me, but might be for others."

#13233 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Think Zablon covered that:
"The downside is if you want it on, you do have to reach in and turn it on. Not a big deal for me, but might be for others."

I figured that was because it had an on/off power button. Whereas the only I listed above is a standard computer fan that would turn on and off based on USB power.

Anyone know?

#13234 2 years ago

The cringe is real in this thread.

#13235 2 years ago

So I accidentally stumbled upon a neat USB light that I bought for fun, and I just realized it is identical to the ship in this machine. Link here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MFWP9NT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00

I put them right next to each other and they really look identical...has to be the same manufacturer.

3EE7ECFA-4A9B-474E-AD21-3C653AAC27A0 (resized).jpeg3EE7ECFA-4A9B-474E-AD21-3C653AAC27A0 (resized).jpegF557B5B5-8D92-4D87-A1F9-3D46C51C9156 (resized).jpegF557B5B5-8D92-4D87-A1F9-3D46C51C9156 (resized).jpeg
#13236 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

So I accidentally stumbled upon a neat USB light that I bought for fun, and I just realized it is identical to the ship in this machine. Link here:
amazon.com link »
I put them right next to each other and they really look identical...has to be the same manufacturer.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now you can have a council of Ricks fly-in convention on the playfield if you buy enough lamps. Might not be a bad idea to stock up on a few lamps just for parts insurance since the lamp's only $20.

Less than $12 if you're in Europe:
https://www.getdigital.eu/rick-and-morty-usb-spaceship-light.html

#13237 2 years ago

Wow, talk about a crazy ad for Rick and Morty. This is NOT a game, despite it looking like one you would want to play. 17 minutes of manual animation by the guy that did the dots for the Scott Pilgrim game:

#13238 2 years ago

How would you know if your coil went bad? Would quicker than flipper fade be a sign?

#13239 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, talk about a crazy ad for Rick and Morty. This is NOT a game, despite it looking like one you would want to play. 17 minutes of manual animation by the guy that did the dots for the Scott Pilgrim game:

I've watched it a bunch of times...it is very impressive. Very well thought out...did you notice the lag that was built in? This game would have taken all of my quarters if it were in an arcade in the early 90s.

#13240 2 years ago

How would you know if your coil went bad? Would quicker than flipper fade be a sign?

Coils rarely fail and if it did you would know.

#13241 2 years ago

Maaaybe. But more likely cause of a coil getting hot quicker than normal is due to wear of parts like the coil sleeve, coil stop or plunger or mis-alignment like not enough gap between the flipper and the bushing on top of the playfield.

#13242 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I've watched it a bunch of times...it is very impressive. Very well thought out...did you notice the lag that was built in? This game would have taken all of my quarters if it were in an arcade in the early 90s.

I'd buy it NOW. I just kept thinking "what a waste of all those great dots" to not have this actually be used in a game. The detail is amazing.

#13243 2 years ago

Does anyone else have a black heart inside on the cabinet floor in the upper left? Looks sharpie'd.

#13244 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Does anyone else have a black heart inside on the cabinet floor in the upper left? Looks sharpie'd.

Yes

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Yes

#13246 2 years ago

... and also lit house windows..

FEBEBCBF-6179-4324-9D80-8B93FADE579A (resized).jpegFEBEBCBF-6179-4324-9D80-8B93FADE579A (resized).jpeg
#13247 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

So I accidentally stumbled upon a neat USB light that I bought for fun, and I just realized it is identical to the ship in this machine. I put them right next to each other and they really look identical...has to be the same manufacturer.[quoted image][quoted image]

As far as I recall, that product is exactly what Spooky used (modified) for the pin. I purchased one also!

#13248 2 years ago

Just made my final payment for Standard #546 . I'm starting to get very excited the wait is almost over

#13249 2 years ago

Thanks to those of you who are recording your sessions to help with this troubleshooting!
Last night during a Multiball the Rick Target didn't drop (Morty target was down and a ball was stuck behind the Rick target). I managed to hit the Rick target with a ball to send the ball out the Morty side, and then the Rick target dropped. When I thought all the balls had drained, I found one ball sitting in the ship scoop (this was my first time witnessing this). Unfortunately, there was waaay too much going on for me to say "this condition was first met, then A, then B and then C happened... So I definitely appreciate those of you folks who have the ability to record your game sessions!! Keep up this good work, we will eventually document the conditions that lead to this!

#13250 2 years ago

#704 has been made and is expected to ship today! Time for some cocktails.

FB915324-B273-4F09-830A-59BE01B25FDD (resized).jpegFB915324-B273-4F09-830A-59BE01B25FDD (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 13,500.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/265 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.