(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 404.
#13151 2 years ago

i haven't yet, but really think it's a super idea! Would love to hear others thoughts. I've just been a little lazy lately.

Quoted from jonesjb:

Has anyone tried my fix for the scoop rejects? I’ve been running it for a week and it now accepts all legit shots reliably.

#13152 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Maybe we can still have boob world!?

Not gonna happen. On the podcast someone mentioned, Charlie said even though certain things are on the show, it's also "adult swim" and since machines are on location they are apprehensive with adult things being in public (people not into pinball don't understand operator adjustment to curb adult things), or even if they did understand they would worry that an operator would keep it in adult mode and someone would complain.

Quoted from Fytr:

I'm hoping for a Save Summer mode as well.

me too.. My function is to keep summer safe, not keep summer being like.. totally stoked about like.. the general vibe and stuff... that's you, that's how you talk.

#13153 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I need some technical help. My ball eject is not making it to the top of the wireform, it will make it like 70% but the other times it's only going up like 70% to the exit. Sometimes it will take 2-3 tries for the ball to make it to the top. I have adjusted the ball eject strength all the way up and it makes no difference. When the ball is sitting in the shooter lane it is flush with the plunger.
Thanks.

I had a similar issue where one setting wasn’t enough and the next setting was too much. Bent the wire forms at the end to open them up a bit more so the slightly harder ball launch won’t get tangled up at the end of the launch anymore. I now have 99+% clean ball drops from the eject.

#13154 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Has anyone tried my fix for the scoop rejects? I’ve been running it for a week and it now accepts all legit shots reliably.

I tried the 2mm tubing. I wasn’t really having a lot of rejects in the first place, but I thought if I could put my 80+% rate up even further, what would the harm be. I think it might have slightly improved it, but I don’t have a lot of games into it yet. The 2mm certainly fits the metal rail tighter… but perhaps the slight slop/give that yours has works even better for “guiding” the ball into the scoop by absorbing some of the ball energy and allowing it to settle into the scoop.

CCC6B337-5C0F-4A70-A7D0-5CD59D3B98B2 (resized).jpegCCC6B337-5C0F-4A70-A7D0-5CD59D3B98B2 (resized).jpeg
#13155 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I recently tried this. I feel it did help with rejects. Not 100%, but much better than it was. Thanks for the idea.

For anyone wanting to try this but don't want to wait for amazon delivery, I used fish aquarium air tubing that you can pick up at pet stores. It's 2.4mm.

#13156 2 years ago

I should add that the 2mm tubing I ordered from Amazon was approx $8 incl shipping I think. I'd be happy to stick some in an envelope and mail to anyone (US only). I have like 20' of it I think left... I only used maybe 6-7" total.

PM me your address if interested.

EDIT: I wasn't clear on this, but will send out at no charge, so it costs you nothing. Offer is valid til I run out of tubing, or stamps or just decide to stop. As they say on TV... act now!!

#13157 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

For anyone wanting to try this... I used fish aquarium air tubing that you can pick up at pet stores.

or nab one of grandmas cannulas

cannula2 (resized).pngcannula2 (resized).png
#13158 2 years ago

Message from Spooky!

#13159 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Ordered the tube already, but not here yet.
I'll report when it's installed.

#13160 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Message from Spooky!

What’s the summary for those of us that can’t watch it at the moment?

#13161 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What’s the summary for those of us that can’t watch it at the moment?

More better!!!! Oh, and make sure to renew your Fang club membership. Pretty much sums it up.

#13162 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

I had a similar issue where one setting wasn’t enough and the next setting was too much. Bent the wire forms at the end to open them up a bit more so the slightly harder ball launch won’t get tangled up at the end of the launch anymore. I now have 99+% clean ball drops from the eject.

Thanks. I adjusted the shooter lane time and now it’s more like you said it’s powerful enough but sometimes will reject at the end. I’m going to try to bend the end piece or maybe buy the replacement shooter lane someone posted before.

Thanks.

#13163 2 years ago

To those asking about the left ramp. It should not be touching the left wall. I have almost 1/4" gap and as you see it is almost centered on the meseeks insert. Mine came this way and have never had problems making the ramp.
0503211556 (resized).jpg0503211556 (resized).jpg0503211556a (resized).jpg0503211556a (resized).jpg0503211557_HDR~2 (resized).jpg0503211557_HDR~2 (resized).jpg

Now...my flippers are another story. Still can't get them to not drop at the worst possible moment. It is so strange since March code they were working perfectly.

#13164 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To those asking about the left ramp. It should not be touching the left wall. I have almost 1/4" gap and as you see it is almost centered on the meseeks insert. Mine came this way and have never had problems making the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Now...my flippers are another story. Still can't get them to not drop at the worst possible moment. It is so strange since March code they were working perfectly.

My ramp looks exactly like yours, and shoots fine also.

My flippers have been working well lately, using Stern return springs (lighter), Original flipper hold mode, and High flipper hold settings. I also have my EOS switches set to close at the absolute last moment of flipper travel - they are a hair-width apart when open.

So far I haven't noticed any issues with fade either, but haven't played for more than maybe an hour continuously.

#13165 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have adjusted the ball eject strength all the way up and it makes no difference. When the ball is sitting in the shooter lane it is flush with the plunger.

Adjusting ball eject would change the coil that loads to the shooter.
Look for something like auto-plunge maybe?

#13166 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Adjusting ball eject would change the coil that loads to the shooter.
Look for something like auto-plunge maybe?

Ok. I see that there was a different setting for shooter lane that did help.

Thanks.

#13168 2 years ago

My right coin door slot isn’t working. I’m not entirely sure how to test it honestly. It has three prongs which seem to handle some assortment of 12v. Does anyone know how to test/fix these?

#13169 2 years ago

Okay, check my last post…the switch seems to be working fine. I was able to research how it is supposed to function and with power off I confirmed that the “active state/level down” seems to open the always closed gate and tell the machine to coin up…problem is, it isn’t doing that.

It runs into a Multimorphic SW16 which clearly does something fancy to combine the switch messages and send them to the main board.

I validated that I have each coin slot set to one credit in the system settings. Is it possible the SW16 is failing? Is there a way to debug that?

#13170 2 years ago

Here's my current topper incarnation. Any word on a quieter motor? Otherwise, I don't miss it. I may have to move the flashers, which I had relocated into the backbox, back behind the portal, though. Or add another set in parallel; can anyone tell me if the hardware can handle that extra load? BTW in this pic I'm cheating by backlighting with a ceiling fixture...
PXL_20210504_044754798 (resized).jpgPXL_20210504_044754798 (resized).jpg
That's a fresnel lens from an overhead projector in front of the portal. Looks really cool in person. And the additional lit blue crystal field is a thrift store find, originally from some doll. I'm pretty stoked how cool it looks!

#13171 2 years ago

Great video, makes my play look appalling .
Machine has a few faults, the diverter isn't working, sending all right orbit shots to the garage, and the right ramp arrow colour is screwy, lighting red instead of purple for example.

#13172 2 years ago

#704 invoice received, paid in full!

B31B8D36-095E-416B-A71F-E53FAD995539 (resized).jpegB31B8D36-095E-416B-A71F-E53FAD995539 (resized).jpeg
#13173 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, it just occurred to me while playing a game this morning...who ever thought there'd be a pinball machine that just randomly yells out AIDS! ?

This is Justin. He will randomly say it/write it. Its kinda his thing.. lol

JR (resized).jpgJR (resized).jpg
#13174 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

#704 invoice received, paid in full!
[quoted image]

Blood Sucker #252 also paid and being built! i hope this does not take up to 3 weeks!!

#13175 2 years ago

#738 Std options list received... let's rooooollll!

#13176 2 years ago

#749 options list just received.

#13177 2 years ago

Ooweee, options sheet for Standard Edition #745 received!

#13178 2 years ago

If anyone cares, my right coin slot issue is failing because of the Multimorphic SW-16 board. I swapped it with another board and it works just fine. I am not sure how it failed, nor have I ever seen one of those fail...but I guess it happens. I contacted Spooky and we'll see if they can hook me up with a swap.

#13179 2 years ago

Some of you guys getting standard editions, please post some pics. I've seen nothing but BSE for a year, be neat to see the differences again.

#13180 2 years ago

What is supposed to be the difference from BS to regular?

#13181 2 years ago

#748 options list received!

#13182 2 years ago

#736 options received as well!

#13183 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Some of you guys getting standard editions, please post some pics. I've seen nothing but BSE for a year, be neat to see the differences again.

Some standard edition pictures

SE (resized).jpgSE (resized).jpgStandard Front (resized).jpgStandard Front (resized).jpgStandard Full (resized).jpgStandard Full (resized).jpgStandard Side (resized).jpgStandard Side (resized).jpgstandard front1 (resized).jpgstandard front1 (resized).jpg
#13184 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

What is supposed to be the difference from BS to regular?

It's mainly all the powder-coating and the plaque.

#13185 2 years ago

My standard will have a purple coin door. We will see if that looks good. I think it will.

#13186 2 years ago

I enjoyed Bowen's video. Does anybody know if those rule "cards" (used as video overlays) are posted somewhere?

#13187 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

It's mainly all the powder-coating and the plaque.

No ‘portal’ cut speaker panel or side rails either.

#13188 2 years ago

No Topper, either.

Looks nekkid.

#13189 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I enjoyed Bowen's video. Does anybody know if those rule "cards" (used as video overlays) are posted somewhere?

I was just going to post the same question. Would be really useful to have a PDF that describes all the adventure phases. When I'm playing, it's impossible to focus on the LCD to notice if the phases are explicit or not. In any event, seems like knowing some of the phase subtleties would help get killer scores.

Image 5-4-21 at 9.36 AM (resized).jpegImage 5-4-21 at 9.36 AM (resized).jpeg
#13190 2 years ago

They all get the topper. Those are old pictures before there was one. I think if you get the lighted speaker option, you get the portal speaker covers.

#13191 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No Topper, either.
Looks nekkid.

Yea standards have a topper
Here's my standard #192
They sent purple legs by mistake, I don't mind

IMG20200921164331 (resized).jpgIMG20200921164331 (resized).jpgIMG20200921172338 (resized).jpgIMG20200921172338 (resized).jpg
#13192 2 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

#749 options list just received.

So...I guess that is just about it for the option sheet posts and everyone will have their games soon. Pretty cool.

#13193 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Yea standards have a topper
Here's my standard #192
They sent purple legs by mistake, I don't mind[quoted image][quoted image]

The black looks bad ass.

#13194 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

The black looks bad ass.

It does, but the 2-tone purple legs look sad ass with the black trim. If it were my game, I'd ask Spook for the matching bad ass black legs.

#13195 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I tried the 2mm tubing. I wasn’t really having a lot of rejects in the first place, but I thought if I could put my 80+% rate up even further, what would the harm be. I think it might have slightly improved it, but I don’t have a lot of games into it yet. The 2mm certainly fits the metal rail tighter… but perhaps the slight slop/give that yours has works even better for “guiding” the ball into the scoop by absorbing some of the ball energy and allowing it to settle into the scoop.
[quoted image]

I tried the 2mm tubing, not noticing any difference, but will give it more time. It definitely blends in so I will leave it on there for now.

It seems like a physical issue with R&M and a straight on hit... (angle of incidence = angle of impact) ... when it is 0 it flies right back.

#13196 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Some standard edition pictures
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't mind the black/gray, but it sure pushes the fact for me how much I love my Kalaxian Purple powder! Still love this pin closing in on a year

#13197 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Still love this pin closing in on a year

The fight against gravity never ends.

#13198 2 years ago

Question to anyone who centered their left ramp.

I took out the screws, and the ramp is actually as far to the right in the playfield cutout that it will allow.

So even if I wanted to move it, there is no way. But it's clearly not as straight as some of the pics I've seen.

Any thoughts?

Also, I forgot the order I took the screws out, so I don't know if the longer screw goes in the left or right.

Anyone?

#13199 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Question to anyone who centered their left ramp.
I took out the screws, and the ramp is actually as far to the right in the playfield cutout that it will allow.
So even if I wanted to move it, there is no way. But it's clearly not as straight as some of the pics I've seen.
Any thoughts?
Also, I forgot the order I took the screws out, so I don't know if the longer screw goes in the left or right.
Anyone?

You have to reshape the ramp (sander or dremel) to make this adjustment. I used a dremel.

#13200 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It does, but the 2-tone purple legs look sad ass with the black trim. If it were my game, I'd ask Spook for the matching bad ass black legs.

I just don't see it as looking bad. I quite like it.
But I've got shit taste in everything.
Happy to know you think it looks sad tho

Quoted from northerndude:

Don't mind the black/gray, but it sure pushes the fact for me how much I love my Kalaxian Purple powder! Still love this pin closing in on a year

I like the way my buddies klaxian purple blood sucker looks too. Mine is as basic as it comes, standard, plastic protectors and target decals
To me, saving the near $1000nzd for the purple armour was 1/4 the way to my next pin, not getting butter was another 1/4 there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 264 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/264?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.