(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 405.
#12951 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s got de-bounce, it’s even adjustable in the settings up to more than 6x as long as default if you want. If it didn’t it would be warning-warning-tilt REAL FAST.

Pretty sure I have that adjusted to the max and I still...
ah, f*(# it, I'll just adjust my bob.

#12952 2 years ago

Ive tried reseating these a few times. Can anyone confirm just one side of each lights up?

69F139C5-0604-49E5-AFB9-12C8DBEA2B99 (resized).jpeg69F139C5-0604-49E5-AFB9-12C8DBEA2B99 (resized).jpeg
#12953 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

I have this as well. The debounce seemed to stop working correctly at some point around 4 months ago. ? software. I plan to try the earplug trick to settle the bob faster but it is (mildly) annoying.
EDIT-- mostly annoying because the death save animation is great. But do an actual death save and you will get a delayed "ghost" tilt 5 seconds later. But even a good non-death save nudge often gets delayed tilt as you describe.

My tilt is working great. One warning per useful nudge, just like it should be.

#12954 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It’s got de-bounce, it’s even adjustable in the settings up to more than 6x as long as default if you want. If it didn’t it would be warning-warning-tilt REAL FAST.

hmm, i guess i might have noticed that if I'd actually installed the tilt..

Problem is, Spooky games are built like brick shithouses. I am 145lbs and can't move them with any kind of finesse. Spike games are no problem, I can nudge, move and wiggle and make saves within the limits of the tilt bob. R&M doesn't fucking budge unless I manhandle it. The tilt shall remain on the floor of the cabinet til I can take on some Armothy training.

#12956 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Y'all are spoiled with Stern debounce code... try slamming a WPC and enjoy your ba-ba-boom DangerDANGER TILT

I get what you are saying, but I have played/owned plenty of WMS games that do not have this looooong delay tilt. When I first got the game it did behave a lot like I am used to with sterns or 90s wms.

You could not just go nuts or it would tilt but a quick firm nudge would double warning and then be fine. Now a quick nudge gives a double warning and then, a veeery long time later- there is a tilt. I turned the debounce way up and it did not help. It is possible I did something else myself to change things but I really don't think so.
anyhoo- just a nitpick and I assume an earplug will hopefully settle the bob faster and make it behave like I enjoy.
cheers, mike

#12957 2 years ago

Can someone confirm it is safe to transport with the topper attached? Just in my SUV, not palletizing or anything. If not is it easy to remove? Thanks

#12958 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

My tilt is working great. One warning per useful nudge, just like it should be.

Actually, I find the tilt call-outs a bit too much, really. I can see unloading on the player if you actually tilt (and boy does it ever), but the doubled-up lines on every warning is a bit much, IMHO. Nudging to a tilt warning is just good playing, not always game abuse. You can even earn an extra tilt warning via Mystery award.
On the other hand, they are pretty entertaining.

#12959 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Can someone confirm it is safe to transport with the topper attached? Just in my SUV, not palletizing or anything. If not is it easy to remove? Thanks

easy to remove but no reason to bother. It is solid with head folded down.

#12960 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I did not remove mine for the 150 mile trip, but because it's a sheet of plastic it was bobbing pretty severely until I wedged a starbucks cup in-between. I would bring some sort of packing material like bubble wrap, and maybe a little saran wrap to make sure it stays in place

#12961 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

4 in Alaska. We are the per capita capitol.

Uhhhh, one in Saskatchewan. Probably the per capita winner here

#12962 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Maybe check that, i'm prob wrong. 4 in 750k is prob fairly high! my bad Only one "shown" in ND, SD and Nebraska, if any not listed would add up quick for them

also, fuck sakes, I quoted myself instead of hitting edit button, what a fuckin Jerry

#12963 2 years ago

3 in Wellington city, New Zealand
Pop 215000

#12964 2 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

3 in Wellington city, New Zealand
Pop 215000

Yeah, I was going to nominate Wellington.

Wellington also had 4x Alice Coopers if my memory is correct. One was sold so 3 now.

rd

#12965 2 years ago

We have at least 7 R&M's in the Madison, WI area (pop 250k or so) Lots of support in WI for our very own Spooky pinball!

#12966 2 years ago

At one point there were at least five BBBs in Cincinnati.. not sure any of 'em are left now, maybe one?

#12967 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

We have at least 7 R&M's in the Madison, WI area (pop 250k or so) Lots of support in WI for our very own Spooky pinball!

If we're going by states though
california = 32
texas = 23
florida = 20
Illinois = 18
Wisconsin = 17
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/rick-and-morty-blood-suckers-edition/owners

#12968 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:If we're going by states though

Montana : 1

#12969 2 years ago

I unboxed my game last night and I'm discovering that the left ramp does not have enough clearance at the top as it leaves the ramp and turns right to roll behind the house. The ball just stops and comes to rest on the lip of the ramp. When I try to push it through it wont fit unless I get under the ball and lift it a mm or two. Then it fits through and rolls behind the house. Obviously the assembly is off a little but I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem and may know how to address it before the phone lines open up at spooky tomorrow. Thx

#12970 2 years ago

Question, is the left ramp supposed to lean right up against the side wall?

It's firmly pressing against that round thing that juts out on the inside wall.

#12971 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If we're going by states though
california = 32
texas = 23
florida = 20
Illinois = 18
Wisconsin = 17

All that mostly tells us is which states have the most people!

Factoring in those population counts:

California 39512223 / 32 = One R&M for every 1,234,757 people
Texas 28995881 / 23 = One for every 1,260,690 people
Florida 21477737 / 20 = 1 per 1,073,887 people
Illinois 12671821 / 18 = 1 per 703,990
Wisconsin 5822434 / 17 = 1 per 342,496! Over 3.6x the R&M density of Cal.

If Cal had that density, they'd have 115!

AK does beat WI though, 741545 / 4 = one per 185,386. Almost twice as dense as WI.

#12972 2 years ago
16196590419054119973038910666274 (resized).jpg16196590419054119973038910666274 (resized).jpg16196590618983231240182764014781 (resized).jpg16196590618983231240182764014781 (resized).jpg16196590952517547641614694675998 (resized).jpg16196590952517547641614694675998 (resized).jpg
#12973 2 years ago
#12974 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I unboxed my game last night. Thx

Have you contacted Spooky? They've got great support.

#12975 2 years ago

I'm going to call them in the morning

#12976 2 years ago

Looks like it popped out of there during shipping.

Pull the to screws at the base and just reposition it. It is probably pretty torqued sitting like it is, so maybe put a towel down to make sure you don't drag the metal flap on the PF.

Super easy to take these raamps out and to put them back in though.

#12977 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looks like it popped out of there during shipping.
Pull the to scres at the base and just reposition it. It is probably pretty torqued sitting like it is, so maybe put a towel down to make sure you don't drag the metal flap on the PF.
Super easy to take these raamps out and ut them back in though.

I think I see what you are saying. The ramp is supposed to fit flush and it has popped out and up causing the opening to be to small for the ball to pass around and behind the house?

#12978 2 years ago

Damn. That was easy to get the ramp on and off. All fixed. Thanks Brother

#12979 2 years ago

'Time to Roll, Motherfucker!'

#12980 2 years ago

Which exact flipper return springs are you guys fitting? I just fitted some sega/stern 265-5035-00 and find them just as strong, if not stronger than the springs fitted to my R&M.

#12981 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Which exact flipper return springs are you guys fitting? I just fitted some sega/stern 265-5035-00 and find them just as strong, if not stronger than the springs fitted to my R&M.

I just ordered 3 different springs from PBL (along with flipper rebuild kits) and will see what works best for my game. Considering the spectrum of build issues in this thread, it's unlikely one size fits all.

#12982 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

These ones: https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html

The flipper power and punch is much improved with these vs the stock ones, never going back.

Not sure if they really affect the flipper hold power enough to notice, still playing around with that.

#12983 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

These ones: https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html
The flipper power and punch is much improved with these vs the stock ones, never going back.
Not sure if they really affect the flipper hold power enough to notice, still playing around with that.

Those are what I bought and fitted ( not form PBL, I'm in the UK ). Even before fitting one just stretching it alongside the R&M spring I could tell they were just as strong as the longer, fatter R&M spring. My search for a weaker spring continues...

#12984 2 years ago

Keep in mind on springs: the larger barrel size does not automatically mean a spring is stronger. For example, if you keep the spring the same, except the barrel gets bigger you actually have a spring with a softer spring rate. You have to look at the wire diameter, barrel diameter, number of turns, etc. to see what the spring rate is. Also, preload can be different due to how much extension you start with on a spring.

Here's a calculator for anyone who has a good caliper and all the different springs:

https://amesweb.info/MechanicalSprings/DimensionalDesignOfExtensionSprings.aspx

#12985 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Those are what I bought and fitted ( not form PBL, I'm in the UK ). Even before fitting one just stretching it alongside the R&M spring I could tell they were just as strong as the longer, fatter R&M spring. My search for a weaker spring continues...

Interesting. I tried the same "stretch" experiment and found the R&M springs to be much more difficult to stretch compared to the smaller Stern ones.

#12986 2 years ago

Maintaining a Rick and Morty that is on route (it’s absolutely killing it on quarter drop)
And it never seems to match looked all through the service menu’s and don’t see an adjustment to turn it on/off or adjust the match%. Is there something I’m missing?

#12987 2 years ago

I cant be mad at our Canadian cousins.

#12988 2 years ago

Maybe check that, i'm prob wrong. 4 in 750k is prob fairly high! my bad Only one "shown" in ND, SD and Nebraska, if any not listed would add up quick for them
also, fuck sakes, I quoted myself instead of hitting edit button, what a fuckin Jerry

Hoser.

#12989 2 years ago

Did this originally come with a printed manually or a goodie bag? If not where do I find the manual online - can't seem to locate on Spooky's website. Thanks!

#12990 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Did this originally come with a printed manually or a goodie bag? If not where do I find the manual online - can't seem to locate on Spooky's website. Thanks!

Nope. But I believe a user on here made a manual. I have the PDF, I can't find the original link but if needed I can email it to you.

It is not as granular as what you may expect from an official manual, but it is better than not having anything.

#12991 2 years ago
Quoted from Exgametrader:

Maintaining a Rick and Morty that is on route (it’s absolutely killing it on quarter drop)
And it never seems to match looked all through the service menu’s and don’t see an adjustment to turn it on/off or adjust the match%. Is there something I’m missing?

I've wondered how this would do. It's obviously attractive, contemporary and the theme integration and jokes are top notch. My only concern would be with it being a brutal pin with short ball times, have you made it any easier or are people just as into the pain as I am?

#12992 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I had WMS springs going, but felt like there was still some bounce in the flipper when the ball hit it. Now running Stern springs, and feels a bit better. Have to put more games in to see. But both of them seem to be an improvement over the stock springs.

I also rebuilt the flipper with WMS parts, as I hated having to jam the allen key in there to loosen the flipper bat. Now I just have to loosen the nut, making it MUCH easier.

Not sure if you guys have had this issue, but if I adjust the EOS or the gap of the flipper even like a millimetre, the game can go from hitting the left ramp, to not being able to. Never seen a game this finicky. I'm actually afraid to adjust it, as it took me hours to get it back where it's actually flipper decently. Still feel like it could have more power, but I'm hitting the ramp, so for now, I'm staying where I am.

#12993 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I've wondered how this would do. It's obviously attractive, contemporary and the theme integration and jokes are top notch. My only concern would be with it being a brutal pin with short ball times, have you made it any easier or are people just as into the pain as I am?

I have turned up all the ball savers that helps a little but it’s still pretty brutal (which I love) but would like to add or increase the matches so more people can see the awesome free game animation and get a bit more play for their money

#12994 2 years ago

I have turned up all the ball savers that helps a little but it’s still pretty brutal (which I love) but would like to add or increase the matches so more people can see the awesome free game animation and get a bit more play for their money

I believe you can set the replay score lower, if you want it to raise after replay and what the percentage it is. Also it has a setting for how often you get match i remember turning that down since the knocker scares the dogs haha.

#12995 2 years ago

There's definitely a setting to turn on/off the match feature because I just turned mine off the other day. I'm guessing there's also a match% setting, but I didn't look for that.

#12996 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

There's definitely a setting to turn on/off the match feature because I just turned mine off the other day. I'm guessing there's also a match% setting, but I didn't look for that.

Definitely have the match turned on and it goes through the match sequence but never seems to actually match and give out any free games

#12997 2 years ago

Definitely have the match turned on and it goes through the match sequence but never seems to actually match and give out any free games

On free play at least, matches do happen and the awarded game callouts are played. I wonder if matching breaks when switched off free play? Pretty sure there's an audit for how many matched free games have been given.

#12998 2 years ago

Flippergate- Bushings, code, temp, springs, code settings, etc! Is there one concise summary/ recommendation on what an owner of R&M should do regarding the flipper performance?

I received my game few weeks ago and had to cover it up during my basement remodel. Im going to start playing next week but I am totally confused on this flipper issue.

Thanks

#12999 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Flippergate- Bushings, code, temp, springs, code settings, etc! Is there one concise summary/ recommendation on what an owner of R&M should do regarding the flipper performance?
I received my game few weeks ago and had to cover it up during my basement remodel. Im going to start playing next week but I am totally confused on this flipper issue.
Thanks

out of box it should play fine, you "may" have to tweak the EOS on the lower flippers
Bushings being lowered should help but it still plays fine.
Latest code should work fine
Temp shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't crank up the coil power (and at default with latest code it's plenty powerful for all shots, even the steep left ramp)
springs don't HAVE to be replaced, but it definitely makes it shoot better (and reduces the likeliness of fantom flips)

#13000 2 years ago

EOS adjustment if you have any flipper issues and lowering some rollovers if balls hang up, that should be all you have to do to enjoy it.

Don't forget to have fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,999 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 13,500.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/260?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.