(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 404.
#12901 2 years ago

Waiting on #704 invoice. Hopefully soon-

#12902 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues installing the mantis garage protector? It won't slide into place. It's just a hair too large. I don't want to damage the clear and don't want to use any more force than necessary.

Any suggestions?

#12903 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The interdimensional cable bits are 100% ad-lib. He just rambles random things and then they give them to the animators with no direction on what to do with it.

Sorry for going on a non-R&M tangent, but it reminded me of a fun thing I got to witness. The following short had no script...it just said "Seth Green will improv this". I was at the recording studio for this, and Seth just put on his headphones & made all this up in one take.

OK, back to Rick & Morty motherrrfuuuuckeeeerrrs!!!!!

#12904 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone have any issues installing the mantis garage protector? It won't slide into place. It's just a hair too large. I don't want to damage the clear and don't want to use any more force than necessary.
Any suggestions?

Off the cuff I would say to use a small cutting wheel (Dremel) to cut a slit in the ring portion to allow the ring to compress slightly? Maybe don't cut all the way through the ring portion unless you absolutely have to and make the cut in a location where it's not going to be visible. I don't have a protector yet but that's most likey where I would start if I really had to make it fit.

#12905 2 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Any suggestions?

Stick it in the freezer for a bit and try to install it quickly?

#12906 2 years ago

My new rick n morty came with 5 balls but under the lockdown bar it says install 4 balls. Any ideas?

#12907 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

My new rick n morty came with 5 balls but under the lockdown bar it says install 4 balls. Any ideas?

1 ball in portal exit (just above and to left of pop bumper)
4 in the drain

#12908 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

4 in the trough, 1 in the portal.

#12909 2 years ago

So I saw someone say there's a 5 ball MB? I have not seen that yet? Is that true? How does it reload the portal?

#12910 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So I saw someone say there's a 5 ball MB? I have not seen that yet? Is that true? How does it reload the portal?

It reloads itself next time you shoot the portal.

#12911 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

*and Rick makes a smart remark lol

#12912 2 years ago

I purchased and installed the Magnetic Read Switches from @sonic. I have to say, they are an excellent product. I think these should replace rollover switches almost everywhere they can! I highly recommend them.

#12913 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I purchased and installed the Magnetic Read Switches from Sonic. I have to say, they are an excellent product. I think these should replace rollover switches almost everywhere they can! I highly recommend them.

I just got my game on Friday and did the same. Lots of tweaks and upgrades including the Magnetic reed switches. They work great and are simple to install if you know how to solder. I installed 4 total in the orbits. I went on a bit of a rampage over the weekend tweaking it and did the following.

- installed magnetic reed switches x 4
- moved the garage shot ball guide
- moved the upper flipper ball guide
- shaved down the bushings 1/8 of an inch
- gapped all the switches
- installed the krystal and scoop light mods
- hooked up hdmi splitter for streaming
- installed a set of Titans
- installed the mantis scoop protector
- mylar’d the shooter lane
- installed the upgraded shooter lane wire form
- sanded down the locknuts for the diverter under the house
- gapped the flipper switches / EOS switches
- added ramp stiffeners to L/R ramps

I upped all the flipper power by 5 and set flipper hold to aggressive as well. I will be changing out the flipper springs with BW springs as soon as I get a chance. Gapping the EOS switches properly and changing the flipper hold to aggressive helped a ton on the latest version of code (April release).

Here is a look at my first stream in case anyone wants to see how it shoots after the tweaks. Thanks to everyone in this forum for the tweaks and photos, they helped a lot to dial this thing in. I am absolutely loving this game.

D94E5BE6-9353-4ADB-B6BB-CA757FF328B1 (resized).jpegD94E5BE6-9353-4ADB-B6BB-CA757FF328B1 (resized).jpegEF454982-D92E-4203-AEDA-5AD7B7E441DF (resized).jpegEF454982-D92E-4203-AEDA-5AD7B7E441DF (resized).jpegE6C93C20-80C3-479E-89DA-7CAA94C97864 (resized).jpegE6C93C20-80C3-479E-89DA-7CAA94C97864 (resized).jpeg

#12914 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Hmm, okay but how do you get 5 balls? Is it Grom+Meseeks and you can get an add-a-ball? Like I said, as far as I know I've never seen 5 come up before. Is there another MB mode?

#12915 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm, okay but how do you get 5 balls? Is it Grom+Meseeks and you can get an add-a-ball? Like I said, as far as I know I've never seen 5 come up before. Is there another MB mode?

That's correct, Grom+Meeseeks.

#12916 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

5 balls...That's just a bit too much excitment for me! I had a regular multiball yesterday where one ball went airborne and slammed directly into the blue crystal. Just about crapped my pants! I had just switched to the loosey goosey williams springs so things seem a bit more wild now.

#12917 2 years ago

Im struggling now with my flippers. My flippers have been great, I've had my pin for a long time, now they are getting funky with the new code. I went to the original setting and I hit multiball and they just started flipping themselves. dang. this kinda blows as my flippers have always been great until now

#12918 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Maybe I need to pay more attention, but I've only ever had 4 balls during that. 3 for Grom + 1 for Meeseeks. I've only ever got 1 additional ball during any Meeseeks, not 2.

Additionally, I'm still confused about the loading of the portal, because that would mean, unless you make the portal shot right as you lose the rest of your balls, in any other moment of play, when you reload the portal, it would have to launch a new ball from the shooter lane. I would have noticed that.

The way this would have to work is you guys are saying it's ejecting the 5th ball from the portal trough when MB kicks in...I have never seen that happen that I'm aware of.

I need to open it up and install MRs and garage protector so I'll test it out when I do.

#12919 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe I need to pay more attention, but I've only ever had 4 balls during that. 3 for Grom + 1 for Meeseeks. I've only ever got 1 additional ball during any Meeseeks, not 2.
Additionally, I'm still confused about the loading of the portal, because that would mean, unless you make the portal shot right as you lose the rest of your balls, in any other moment of play, when you reload the portal, it would have to launch a new ball from the shooter lane. I would have noticed that.
The way this would have to work is you guys are saying it's ejecting the 5th ball from the portal trough when MB kicks in...I have never seen that happen.

Yes, this is exactly what it does! You can earn one add-a-ball from each multiball, and if there are already 4 balls in play, it will serve the portal ball ... fast!

#12920 2 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Yes, this is exactly what it does! You can earn one add-a-ball from each multiball, and if there are already 4 balls in play, it will serve the portal ball ... fast!

Okay, that was what I wasn't clear on. Sounds like I've just never got the add-a-ball for meeseeks (or...the more likely scenario is I lost balls prior to getting the add-a-ball).

#12921 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Im struggling now with my flippers. My flippers have been great, I've had my pin for a long time, now they are getting funky with the new code. I went to the original setting and I hit multiball and they just started flipping themselves. dang. this kinda blows as my flippers have always been great until now

same, flippers were fine until new code

#12922 2 years ago

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

same, flippers were fine until new code

After switching to the "Original" setting you need to power cycle the pin for it to take effect. This is a bug that Eric is aware of (and I'm sure will fix).

#12923 2 years ago

Make sure you've power cycled, as suggested above, then check those switches; flipper eos, flipper button switches.

I've been playing with Original + High settings, Stern return springs and the flipper power when shooting is fantastic.

Hold power is not as good as Aggressive + High, but nearly. I realized I had my scoop eject cranked higher for faster/meaner eject speeds, so I returned that to default (16?) and the auto-fires off the right flipper on scoops ejects are rare now. Pop bumper still folds the left flipper like wet cardboard but probably unavoidable.

#12924 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Hold power is not as good as Aggressive + High

Interesting. Original/High is actually a higher percentage duty cycle, just distributed differently. But with any of them, timing is a factor. If you get ball impact during an 'off' part of the cycle it reacts differently.

#12925 2 years ago

Build sheet sent for #547 (standard). My wait is almost over!

(Game numbers were allocated to dealers so some standard editions games won't all be numbered at the end.)

#12926 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Interesting. Original/High is actually a higher percentage duty cycle, just distributed differently. But with any of them, timing is a factor. If you get ball impact during an 'off' part of the cycle it reacts differently.

There are a lot of variables, for sure. And the differences can be subtle.

I do wonder why this more complex duty-cycled approach is considered worthwhile when a basic Williams 2-circuit coil setup seemed to be fine + simple? Is it that those types of coils don't work well with the solid-state power supplies of modern games?

#12927 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I do wonder why this more complex duty-cycled approach is considered worthwhile when a basic Williams 2-circuit coil setup seemed to be fine + simple? Is it that those types of coils don't work well with the solid-state power supplies of modern games?

I just write bugs for the hardware I was given, man. I dunno.

#12928 2 years ago

I know the flippers are a little funny, but interestingly enough, I noticed an auto flip with a hard ball hit on a flipper that was up on my NGG. It was subtle, but since I’m more acutely aware, I noticed it. Mine are almost perfect with just the EOS adjustment.

#12929 2 years ago

Was playing last night and I ran into an issue. I was in the the Blood Dome adventure with Glomflomite multiball going and two balls locked. Shot the scoop and nothing happened, machine did not do a ball search after sitting idle for about a minute. I had to open the coin door and hit the tilt bob until the machine tilted. It then kicked the ball out of the scoop. I did notice when I shot the scoop that the start adventure was lit even though I was in an adventure, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

#12930 2 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I did notice when I shot the scoop that the start adventure was lit even though I was in an adventure, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

This is the first new detail I've gotten on this in a while - so thanks for that!

#12931 2 years ago

I hit multiball and they just started flipping themselves.

Wait. WAIT. Hold on. Are you guys calling a knockdown recovery "flipping by themselves" and "auto-flipping" ? What the heck do you expect the game to do when a ball hits hard enough to push the flipper down? It's certainly not nothing, because then the flipper would be down.

#12932 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait. WAIT. Hold on. Are you guys calling a knockdown recovery "flipping by themselves" and "auto-flipping" ? What the heck do you expect the game to do when a ball hits hard enough to push the flipper down? It's certainly not nothing, because then the flipper would be down.

No, literally when MB started the flippers started auto flipping

#12933 2 years ago

I can say I've never seen that. Only some fluttering on flip when timings are set too low.

#12934 2 years ago

Is this while holding the flippers up they flutter, or are you saying you have your hands off the flipper buttons and the bats go up and down by themselves? I see the former, not the latter.

#12935 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Waiting on #704 invoice. Hopefully soon-

Do you pay before or after the unit is built and ready to ship?
thx

#12936 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

thx

Before

#12937 2 years ago
Quoted from Beamer2007:

thx

To be fair I think I paid the balance due on mine about 3 weeks before it showed up at my door.

#12938 2 years ago

Tilt sensitivity.
I have to nudge my game pretty good to get a tilt warning, but many times it will tilt out while handling it like a baby after the first warning.

I do enjoy the tilt callouts very much, but only if they are warranted.

Any ideas on adjustments?

#12939 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

There's gotta be at least 50 Rick and Mortys in California now, the R&M capital.

4 in Alaska. We are the per capita capitol.

#12940 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tilt sensitivity.

you guys are hooking up your tilt bobs?

#12941 2 years ago

A couple people including I have had this. Widen the gap on your flipper SWITCH leafs. They can be close enough that the plunger firing causes them to touch and you get ghost flips.

#12942 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

yes, the tilt stuff is hilarious! and..the most common mystery award is an extra tilt warning anyway lol.

#12943 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

A couple people including I have had this. Widen the gap on your flipper SWITCH leafs. They can be close enough that the plunger firing causes them to touch and you get ghost flips.

This makes sense, but what's strange is I never had any phantom flips until the most recent code update and they stopped when I switched from "Default" to "Original" in the flipper setting.

#12944 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tilt sensitivity.
I have to nudge my game pretty good to get a tilt warning, but many times it will tilt out while handling it like a baby after the first warning.

If you want a more sensitive tilt, raise tilt bob up

#12945 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Lol. Mine's in the bottom of the cabinet. Game's hard enough without it.

#12946 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you want a more sensitive tilt, raise tilt bob up

Mine isn't sensitive, you really have to nudge hard to get a warning. It's just that after the first warning, I could pretty much trap up and wait for the incoming full tilt.

#12947 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tilt sensitivity.

I have this as well. The debounce seemed to stop working correctly at some point around 4 months ago. ? software. I plan to try the earplug trick to settle the bob faster but it is (mildly) annoying.

EDIT-- mostly annoying because the death save animation is great. But do an actual death save and you will get a delayed "ghost" tilt 5 seconds later. But even a good non-death save nudge often gets delayed tilt as you describe.

#12948 2 years ago

Y'all are spoiled with Stern debounce code... try slamming a WPC and enjoy your ba-ba-boom DangerDANGER TILT

#12949 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Y'all are spoiled with Stern debounce code... try slamming a WPC and enjoy your ba-ba-boom DangerDANGER TILT

It’s got de-bounce, it’s even adjustable in the settings up to more than 6x as long as default if you want. If it didn’t it would be warning-warning-tilt REAL FAST.

#12950 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I just write bugs for the hardware I was given, man. I dunno.

50 bugs in the code on the disk,
50 bugs in the code,
Patch one down pass it around,
127 bugs in the code on the disk.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
8,800 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 259 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/259?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.