(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 405.
#12451 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Question about the diverter...when the garage/dimension light is flashing green and I hit that right orbit shot is the ball always supposed to go into the garage? I would say 70% of the time mine rattles around and falls down the center loop.

If the diverter is ‘open’ making the garage available and the shot is weak, it is possible to not make the garage. But at a 70% reject rate, it sounds to me like your ball is hitting the screw heads on the diverter and dropping short of the garage.

You’ll have to remove the house and do some testing to find out for sure. My money is on the ball hitting the screws.

#12452 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Question about the diverter...when the garage/dimension light is flashing green and I hit that right orbit shot is the ball always supposed to go into the garage? I would say 70% of the time mine rattles around and falls down the center loop.

Your diverter is likely rubbing and not closing properly... I outline a fix here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/188#post-6038267

#12453 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I finally made peace with the fact that I will likely never perfect the top right-flipper garage shot, as much as we tinker with it, so I've let that go, but most recently whenever I try to reach the garage/dimension start via the right orbit (especially when I'm whipping a fast shot that way), it will "get stuck" right before it gets behind the house and ends up trinkling back down, via the right orbit. Feels like it hits something?

Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?

I tweaked my game all last weekend and found the absolute best tweak was adjusting the upper right rail to be flush with the flipper. I couldn't hit the spinner before this tweak and now it's like a whole new game. It's amazing what a few mm makes. As for the right garage shot, your ball is probably hitting the diverter screws. I have the same issue. It needs to be a strong shot. I'm not sure what you can do about the screws. : /

#12454 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yes, when the garage portal is lit, that shot should ALWAYS go to the garage. There’s something you need to fix if it’s not happening.

#12455 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

All this DLC talk had me thinking, at what point I’d be content with the finalisation of the code on R&M?... now I should preface this, I’m yet to receive my pin, but have watched countless hours of streams and played it a number of times at local haunts.
I think the game and code is bloody fantastic. Well thought out, well structured and exciting, though a few additionals would possibly complete it in my eyes. Now I'm only an average player, so I’d likely never get to any of these suggestions, but having them there hanging would absolutely drive me to die trying.
Vat of Acid mode: Random Inserts will turn green then fade to red (ie Morty is in the vat holding his breath turning red), shot needs to be made before it turns completely red. Then the next random insert will turn green, fading to red etc. Like Swifty, more shots have to be made than not to pass the mode.
Space Snakes mode: Haven’t got my head around how this could work. But such a great episode and deserves to be included.
An additional multiball would also be great.
Also a final, ultimate super dooper wizard mode. I can’t offer methodology behind how it would be shoehorned in, but maybe qualified via a certain amount of modes needing to be completed successfully plus Love Potion, plus a certain amount of megaseeds collected.
I haven't thought about how the mode could possibly work, but incorporating the dimensions would by fantastic. Having them randomly flip from one to the next, a complete head fuck trying to navigate the shots needed as the physical playfield landscape/lighting and sounds changes.
Anyway... maybe when I've got the machine, I'll find the current code more than sufficient, but all this waiting has me pining and wondering.

The code is pretty amazing. While I would love for it to continue to evolve, at some point you gotta call it done. There's only so much you can really put into a game, and there will always be new episodes. Not like I play simpsons pinball party and go "wouldn't it be great if it included that episode from season 27?"

#12456 3 years ago

I'm amazed of all the mode suggestions I've heard, no one has mentioned a death crystal mode from season 4.

Might make an amazing "Morty's choice". The death crystals are all over this game, even a death crystal flasher.

#12457 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can we get the ball saver adjusted. I had 2 seconds left and all 3 of those fuckers went down the shitter, only to give me one back into play...seriously, that needs some adjusting. I had the same issue with TNA.......
...........................rant over (for now)

Seems like with R&M when more than one ball drains (during multi-ball), the code waits until after each ball is re-launched to check if there's time left on the ball-saver timer for the next ball. Hopefully this can be fixed!

#12458 3 years ago

Anyone else still having the bug where the number of mega-seeds displayed (last two digits) is reversed? So for example, 15 becomes 51 seeds. We're running latest code and still seeing this.

#12459 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The code is pretty amazing. While I would love for it to continue to evolve, at some point you gotta call it done. There's only so much you can really put into a game, and there will always be new episodes. Not like I play simpsons pinball party and go "wouldn't it be great if it included that episode from season 27?"

This is pretty much the #1 reason I love this game and hope love it for a long time is the thought that it CAN continue to be updated with fresh episodes and modes. I hope they continue to do a ton more! Hell I'd pay $20/per or yearly fee for DLC of new episodes if they continued for years. That's a drop in the bucket for ridiculous prices around pinball already.
Or I guess I could go buy a topper for $1,500....tough call.

#12460 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Seems like with R&M when more than one ball drains (during multi-ball), the code waits until after each ball is re-launched to check if there's time left on the ball-saver timer for the next ball. Hopefully this can be fixed!

Nope. There's a limit to the number of saves you get in multiball. If you drain 3 with only 1 save left you only get one back. And no, there isn't any good visual indication of how many are left, before you ask.

Quoted from arzoo:

Anyone else still having the bug where the number of mega-seeds displayed (last two digits) is reversed? So for example, 15 becomes 51 seeds. We're running latest code and still seeing this.

I haven't been able to re-create this, so I'm still not sure exactly what goes on (but it's not reversing the digits). If anybody notices a solid cause, let me know. Beyond that I just keep making guesses at what it might be.

#12461 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. There's a limit to the number of saves you get in multiball. If you drain 3 with only 1 save left you only get one back. And no, there isn't any good visual indication of how many are left, before you ask.

Thanks for the clarification!

#12462 3 years ago
Quoted from db666:

My experience is the same as this - update mucked up the flippers which I had working pretty well before.
Changed to Original and that made it worse, Aggressive feels more like before the update (but still not great - getting some fluttering when flipper button is pressed occasionally) and now I'm worried about the heat build up too.

I am in the same boat. Prior to all of the flipper changes being made, I really didn't have any issues like others were having. Since update, I've tried default medium and original medium and I get fluttering and some drop down. I haven't played with aggressive yet, which I will try next (I also really haven't looked at the EOS switches, which I guess I should do). Prior to the changes I had my knockdown setting (or whatever it was called - I forget now) set to Medium.

#12463 3 years ago

^Ditto. Since the latest update, my flippers started fluttering/drooping/etc.. Stock settings.

#12464 3 years ago

I wonder why "original" settings are causing issues for those of us who didn't have problems if it is based on the original flipper code...??? Doesn't seem to make much sense, so I guess there is something else going on...

#12465 3 years ago

Maybe a stupid question -- I picked up a "No Fear" disc to help with the pressing on the right flipper switches. How are you attaching it to the flipper? Just screwing it in to the flipper button?

#12466 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I am in the same boat. Prior to all of the flipper changes being made, I really didn't have any issues like others were having. Since update, I've tried default medium and original medium and I get fluttering and some drop down. I haven't played with aggressive yet, which I will try next (I also really haven't looked at the EOS switches, which I guess I should do). Prior to the changes I had my knockdown setting (or whatever it was called - I forget now) set to Medium.

For everyone whose flippers were fine before the new code and now suddenly dropping, definitely check your EOS switches, I was able to solve my fluttering after the update by adjusting the EOS's, running stock flipper settings before and after update.

#12467 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

^Ditto. Since the latest update, my flippers started fluttering/drooping/etc.. Stock settings.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fluttering' but if your EOS is adjusted SO CLOSE that the hold pulse is vibrating it open/closed, that would be a problem and cause weird things.

Quoted from brucipher:

I wonder why "original" settings are causing issues for those of us who didn't have problems if it is based on the original flipper code...??? Doesn't seem to make much sense, so I guess there is something else going on...

The original hold setting is just that - the hold setting. The recovery handling was changed in the March build. The activation of the recovery was moved to hardware, which makes it react sooner, and the recovery 'action' was changed from a more aggressive patter to a full force flip. With the original recovery it didn't so much 'kick' the ball back up, but many people had issues with the recovery patter not being strong enough and the flipper going down anyway. In general, I hate getting into the details of this stuff because then people latch on to one specific thing or another and blame that for their problems without checking other things - like the broken EOS wire from a few days ago.

#12468 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'fluttering' but if your EOS is adjusted SO CLOSE that the hold pulse is vibrating it open/closed, that would be a problem and cause weird things.

Like others, I have had some flipper weirdness with the latest update. This may be what I am seeing. I'll have to mess with the switches.

I have also seen where the callout audio cuts out in a game sometimes. It reminds me of when the 'Get Schwifty' mode used to kill sounds after playing it occasionally, and I think maybe the Moonman mode is doing the same thing with some combinations of things. A restart makes the sounds come back. Just a theory. Love the Moonman mode and the different colored inserts.

#12469 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In general, I hate getting into the details of this stuff because then people latch on to one specific thing or another and blame that for their problems without checking other things - like the broken EOS wire from a few days ago.

My lower flippers have been working great on the new code (with the default settings).

Unfortunately, my upper flipper knockdown is more problematic (especially when nailing the right orbit->inner loop shot). Here is a slo-mo video that show the knockdown and flutter (while the lower right flipper remains up).

I already have the upper flipper hold on "HIGH". Since the upper flipper doesn't have an EOS, I imagine I'm out of adjustments to dial this in? If so, it would be great if this could be improved. The right orbit->inner loop is a great shot. Bummer when you have a chance to combo but can't because the flipper is too weak and falls back...

Thanks again for your efforts.

#12470 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ssssssss şssss ss ssssss. Sssss ss §sss sssssss!!! Şsss §sssss ssssssss.
Ssssssss sssss ssssş?????
Ssssssss ssss sss sssss ssssssss.

Most coherent point on this thread.

#12471 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My lower flippers have been working great on the new code (with the default settings).
Unfortunately, my upper flipper knockdown is more problematic (especially when nailing the right orbit->inner loop shot). Here is a slo-mo video that show the knockdown and flutter (while the lower right flipper remains up).
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0dGQD2D7GwJHhM;1DAF14EF-AB39-4BF9-A2CA-9180B99E057F
I already have the upper flipper hold on "HIGH". Since the upper flipper doesn't have an EOS, I imagine I'm out of adjustments to dial this in? If so, it would be great if this could be improved. The right orbit->inner loop is a great shot. Bummer when you have a chance to combo but can't because the flipper is too weak and falls back...
Thanks again for your efforts.

I am having this exact same issue with the upper flipper.

Also, lower flippers still dip slightly and then spring the ball up (kind of like a diving board).

#12472 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since the upper flipper doesn't have an EOS all it's got is the hold strength. The current config options don't allow you to specify a different hold pattern type for just the upper flipper though, so you can't set that one to be more aggressive, which would be handy since heat issues aren't such a big deal on that one. I'll add in a separate option for the upper flipper hold (ORIGINAL/DEFAULT/AGGRESSIVE) in the next release. That's probably all I can really offer on this.

#12473 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Been thinking about this a bit more. This would mean that after the (unknown) number of ball saves have been used, the count-down timer is meaningless. Also, when multi-ball starts I often let two of the balls drain - guess that's a bad idea

#12474 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Since the upper flipper doesn't have an EOS all it's got is the hold strength. The current config options don't allow you to specify a different hold pattern type for just the upper flipper though, so you can't set that one to be more aggressive, which would be handy since heat issues aren't such a big deal on that one. I'll add in a separate option for the upper flipper hold (ORIGINAL/DEFAULT/AGGRESSIVE) in the next release. That's probably all I can really offer on this.

That sounds great!

Since the upper flipper doesn't have an EOS, you might consider setting the "Upper Flipper Hold Pulse Pattern" to AGGRESSIVE (as the default). For my game, I know the DEFAULT/ORIGINAL setting still result in knockdown. Assuming my game isn't unique, might be the right default for everyone (given the lack of an EOS to help). I'm happy to test when the time comes, btw.

#12475 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Been thinking about this a bit more. This would mean that after the (unknown) number of ball saves have been used, the count-down timer is meaningless. Also, when multi-ball starts I often let two of the balls drain - guess that's a bad idea

The countdown timer cuts off when the ball save number limit is reached. If you start a multiball and let all three drain immediately, you'll see the timer go away.

#12476 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The countdown timer cuts off when the ball save number limit is reached. If you start a multiball and let all three drain immediately, you'll see the timer go away.

Good to know, thanks!

#12477 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, sounds like you started the night-vision dimension at the same time you started the mode.

Dude, that was the best mode ever! Everything green like that was amazing!!! I'm hoping that the portals will be randomized more so that we can see this more often. Paired with Pickle Ricks though, it was just absolutely awesome.

By the way, I just wanted to say that I got my game a couple of weeks ago, and despite a bunch of issues out of the box, and some weirdness still going on with the flippers, this is one of the best flipping games I've played EVER.

I have some pretty good games in the collection right now, and I haven't turned one of them on since I got this game. Even my wife, who has complete zero interest in pinball, has out a few games in with me, or has even come to watch a couple of games while I'm playing. There are even times where she'll hear a callout and start laughing from another room.

Just wanted to say, I think the whole team did a fantastic job with this one. It's not the smoothest shooter, but I think that might be part of its charm. Hoping for more modes like everyone else here, but right now as is, having a lot of fun.

Thanks for the great work!

#12478 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is fantastic! I am experiencing the same as many others...lower flippers are working great after the update, some slight knock down from the upper one.

Does anyone else experience a large discrepancy on the ball launch settings? The default (12) works ok if you set the pitch at 6.5, but I'm at 6.9 and I find that is in between the factory setting of 12 and 13. On 12, I get many launches that won't make it to the end of the wireform, but at 13 more often they are too powerful and bounce around at the end of the wireform and come back.

Any chance to make the power settings on the ball launch in more distinct intervals? I feel like I need it to be at 12.5

#12479 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Any chance to make the power settings on the ball launch in more distinct intervals? I feel like I need it to be at 12.5

That setting is directly the number of milliseconds it fires the launch coil. The only way I could adjust power differently would be to use a patter so that it wasn't kicking full strength and then we get into the same full on nightmare that the flippers are with who is and is not happy.

#12480 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That setting is directly the number of milliseconds it fires the launch coil. The only way I could adjust power differently would be to use a patter so that it wasn't kicking full strength and then we get into the same full on nightmare that the flippers are with who is and is not happy.

Ah ok, I definitely don't want that. I think I saw someone is working on a mod that will place some sort of pad or object at the end of the wireform to help with the launch. Or I could always just start playing at a different pitch. Thanks Eric, fantastic job with this game...I can't stop playing it.

#12481 3 years ago

Just to comment on the flipper stuff, when I first got my game, I had some knockdown. I adjusted my EOS as recommended and everything worked like a charm. The new code has not negatively affected my flippers at all and they kept working great.

However, last night there was one weird anomaly that I have not seen or experienced before. Not sure of the exact stack, but it was during Gromflomite multiball. My wife was playing and suddenly, all flippers went dead for about 3 seconds and then came back on. Of course, she accused me of hitting the sabotage button to ruin her game, but I get that even when she gets a ball stuck. I was watching as I was player 2 and it definitely happened. No clue why.

A few games later while I was up, all of the voice sounds stopped. Music and effects were still in full effect, but the voice track stopped playing. This continued for my wife's turns and the rest of mine as well. Finished the game and did a reset, and all was good as usual.

Anyway, to pile on to what a great job the entire team did with this game, here is what happened in my household. My wife loves pinball (WOZ is her baby), but was dreading the arrival of Rick and Morty. Reason why is that she could not stand the voices as Morty is always stressed out and screaming. She never really watched the show but would hear the voices when I did and when her daughters would watch. She made it known that she was dreading its arrival and that it may have to go in the garage or be a full time headphone game if it was the nails on chalkboard that she thought it was going to be.

The game arrives and she starts playing it to "give it a shot". She absolutely fell in love with the game. The humor, the shots, the layout, the lightshow, the music, and now doesn't mind the voices. She has said she thought she was going to hate it, but it is now her second favorite game behind WOZ and we pretty much play several games every night. We have had the game just over a month and already have over 1500 plays on it (2 adult daughters and boyfriends in the house as well). She has started watching R&M as well and is now in season 4.

There was no way I would have thought she would have liked the game, especially with her preconceived notions, but the whole package drew her in and won her over. She is now a big fan. That is a testament to how great this game really is.

#12482 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

A few games later while I was up, all of the voice sounds stopped. Music and effects were still in full effect, but the voice track stopped playing. This continued for my wife's turns and the rest of mine as well. Finished the game and did a reset, and all was good as usual.

I still haven't figured out exactly where this goes off the rails. There are so many checks at ball end/ball start to make sure audio is back on, the fact that it persists has be baffled. If anybody manages to come up with a way to force the issue I'd love to hear it; because of course it shouldn't be doing that.

The flippers dying thing is an odd one, if all the LEDs didn't also stop. I can't think of any code related reason they'd briefly stop working without the whole system being unresponsive.

#12483 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I still haven't figured out exactly where this goes off the rails. There are so many checks at ball end/ball start to make sure audio is back on, the fact that it persists has be baffled. If anybody manages to come up with a way to force the issue I'd love to hear it; because of course it shouldn't be doing that.
The flippers dying thing is an odd one, if all the LEDs didn't also stop. I can't think of any code related reason they'd briefly stop working without the whole system being unresponsive.

Its not the first time I have lost voices, but in 1500+ games, it has only happened a few times and I cannot pin down exactly what was happening when it occurred. It is a tough one because when this has happened, they did not stop mid sentence. It always seems to be working and finish whatever was going on that moment and then does not work for the next segment and beyond. By the time you actually notice there are no call outs or narrative, you might be several segments away from when it started. It is not usually obvious until you hit a video scene where you are expecting the words.

When the flippers stopped, everything else was still working (sound, lights, etc...) there was just no flipper power for a few seconds on either flipper. Almost like a tilt, but without the accompanying sound/graphics. And just as her balls were draining, they powered back up... lol. You should have seen the look she threw me. Anyone that is married knows it is always the husband's fault.

#12484 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Spooky considers this part of the game. I hope they reconsider because their multi-balls are the shortest of any game I've ever owned and considering everyone considers the game "really hard", why make it that much harder? (and please don't say "play better"). Most pins give you back the balls that drain while the "ball save" is still on, but Spooky has placed a "limit" on the number of balls that can be saved. Maybe allow the option for some to change this in the SETTINGS? I like the game but it's been so hard to adjust stuff on it (still adjusting, even though I got the game almost 4-5 months ago) and with games lasting 2-3 mins sometimes, it would be nice to consider an option for those players who are looking to have more longer playtimes in the MBs.

#12485 3 years ago

I could see them limiting the amount of balls given from the ball saver so players don't just let the ball drain so they can shoot upper loops on the shooter lane feed.

#12486 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Spooky considers this part of the game. I hope they reconsider because their multi-balls are the shortest of any game I've ever owned and considering everyone considers the game "really hard", why make it that much harder? (and please don't say "play better"). Most pins give you back the balls that drain while the "ball save" is still on, but Spooky has placed a "limit" on the number of balls that can be saved. Maybe allow the option for some to change this in the SETTINGS? I like the game but it's been so hard to adjust stuff on it (still adjusting, even though I got the game almost 4-5 months ago) and with games lasting 2-3 mins sometimes, it would be nice to consider an option for those players who are looking to have more longer playtimes in the MBs.

I have had some great multiball sessions, some miserable ones that have lasted 10-20 seconds, and many frustrating ones that are less than a minute. I find all of this part of the fun and charm of R&M and would hope that they do not change it. I actually really appreciate the challenge that the game currently is and the feeling of reward when I have a great multiball, ball, or game for that matter. Other than adjusting some shots to make them cleaner, I see no need to make this game any easier as it is a homerun as is. I suppose if someone had this as their only pin, they might crave some longer ball times. But if I wanted less of a challenge and a marathon game, I can hop on over to Scared Stiff. I say leave the genius that is R&M and Eric's coding alone except to add more goodness. What is in there is already near perfect.

#12487 3 years ago

Oooweee!!! Got an email from Spooky, #660 is shipping out today!

#12488 3 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Does anyone else experience a large discrepancy on the ball launch settings? The default (12) works ok if you set the pitch at 6.5, but I'm at 6.9 and I find that is in between the factory setting of 12 and 13. On 12, I get many launches that won't make it to the end of the wireform, but at 13 more often they are too powerful and bounce around at the end of the wireform and come back.

For me, the solution was complaining on pinside; since then it hasn't missed a single launch but seriously, after complaining I did a few more tweaks, and I think the thing that is most important is making sure the end closest to the player is shoved into the playfield as far as it'll go, then jam something underneath at the bends to keep it that way. That makes it consistent, then it's just a matter of finding the best launch value. One notch above default works for me.

#12489 3 years ago

Random thought regarding a wizard mode idea. Rather than an actual adventure (based on the series episodes) utilize of all the dimensions that exist.

Something like once you finish the 9 adventures + 10th, something goes haywire and the game starts rotating through the dimensions at random on a countdown, and each dimension has a shot you must hit within so much time before it changes, as you make the shot the time goes down and they rotate faster (less time to make the shot) until the last one which would have more shots+garage - at this point it starts a MB (but I'm not sure yet what that MB would actually be about)

#12490 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

I could see them limiting the amount of balls given from the ball saver so players don't just let the ball drain so they can shoot upper loops on the shooter lane feed.

Yeah I've deliberately let 'em drain for upper flipper shots in the past, didn't realize there was a limit, will have to stop that now LOL

When I didn't get some back, I figured the saver timed out while re-launching. The game has to wait longer than normal between multiball ballsave launches because I don't think it has a way to tell if a launch has made it to the playfield, other than waiting to make sure there wasn't a rollback.

We've had the disappearing voices thing happen a few times as well and I'm actively looking for it to happen now to try narrowing the cause.

#12491 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I like how it is setup currently because the super jackpot is on the garage (which is great), if i had unlimited ball saves I could just light super jackpot and start intentionally draining over and over to bang away at the garage from relaunch.

#12492 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I like how it is setup currently because the super jackpot is on the garage (which is great), if i had unlimited ball saves I could just light super jackpot and start intentionally draining over and over to bang away at the garage from relaunch.

The super is the total of prior jackpots collected til then, and it resets after collect, so you really have to shoot around the playfield first to make it worthwhile.

#12493 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Random thought regarding a wizard mode idea. Rather than an actual adventure (based on the series episodes) utilize of all the dimensions that exist.
Something like once you finish the 9 adventures + 10th, something goes haywire and the game starts rotating through the dimensions at random on a countdown, and each dimension has a shot you must hit within so much time before it changes, as you make the shot the time goes down and they rotate faster (less time to make the shot) until the last one which would have more shots+garage - at this point it starts a MB (but I'm not sure yet what that MB would actually be about)

That actually sounds wonderfully and appropriately chaotic! As for theming the mission / multiball, perhaps it could tie into the Uncertainty episode and one of the all-time best understated jokes: "Hand me a flathead screwdriver. I mean Philips. Aw, shit...."

becomes "You need to hit this shot! No I mean that one... Ah, shit [dimension change]....!"

#12494 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

The super is the total of prior jackpots collected til then, and it resets after collect, so you really have to shoot around the playfield first to make it worthwhile.

Oh really? well thats good to know. So if you shoot a ton of jackpots and save the super till last it will just accumulate before the garage shot?

#12495 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

Taking advantage of the ball-saver to intentionally drain balls is a very common strategy. Nothing wrong with how Spooky implemented the ball-saver, but afaik the logic is different than every other (non-Spooky) pin out there.

#12496 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I have had some great multiball sessions, some miserable ones that have lasted 10-20 seconds, and many frustrating ones that are less than a minute. I find all of this part of the fun and charm of R&M and would hope that they do not change it. I actually really appreciate the challenge that the game currently is and the feeling of reward when I have a great multiball, ball, or game for that matter. Other than adjusting some shots to make them cleaner, I see no need to make this game any easier as it is a homerun as is. I suppose if someone had this as their only pin, they might crave some longer ball times. But if I wanted less of a challenge and a marathon game, I can hop on over to Scared Stiff. I say leave the genius that is R&M and Eric's coding alone except to add more goodness. What is in there is already near perfect.

I think you're describing what a lot of Pinsiders and tournament players enjoy about the game but there's another side which I'm trying to represent here and those are casual pinball players who just play to have fun, and aren't really looking to be challenged or to improve their skills. I think most people on Pinside would likely agree with you but not everyone who purchased this game is on Pinside, in fact, this game in particular brought out a lot of people who just liked the theme and wanted to own the game from the outside. I know that whenever friends come over, they will play it for 1-2 games but then move on to something else because it's just too hard. Even top players say the same thing, so there's truth there. Why make it more difficult by making the MB more limited than most other pins?? It's important to keep a game challenging for top players but it's almost important to remember that a lot of people just wanna have fun and play different modes and get into different dimensions and when they can't do so, it's frustrating, hence why I brought this up since the MB option in settings wouldn't hurt players like yourself, but it would allow "newbies" to adjust so that their games can be more fulfilling.

#12497 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Oooweee!!! Got an email from Spooky, #660 is shipping out today!

#670 is on its way home too. Woo hoo!

#12498 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For me, the solution was complaining on pinside; since then it hasn't missed a single launch but seriously, after complaining I did a few more tweaks, and I think the thing that is most important is making sure the end closest to the player is shoved into the playfield as far as it'll go, then jam something underneath at the bends to keep it that way. That makes it consistent, then it's just a matter of finding the best launch value. One notch above default works for me.

Good idea, what is the best thing to jam in at those bends?

#12499 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I think you're describing what a lot of Pinsiders and tournament players enjoy about the game but there's another side which I'm trying to represent here and those are casual pinball players who just play to have fun, and aren't really looking to be challenged or to improve their skills. I think most people on Pinside would likely agree with you but not everyone who purchased this game is on Pinside, in fact, this game in particular brought out a lot of people who just liked the theme and wanted to own the game from the outside. I know that whenever friends come over, they will play it for 1-2 games but then move on to something else because it's just too hard. Even top players say the same thing, so there's truth there. Why make it more difficult by making the MB more limited than most other pins?? It's important to keep a game challenging for top players but it's almost important to remember that a lot of people just wanna have fun and play different modes and get into different dimensions and when they can't do so, it's frustrating, hence why I brought this up since the MB option in settings wouldn't hurt players like yourself, but it would allow "newbies" to adjust so that their games can be more fulfilling.

It was designed to be an ass kicker. If it's too hard for you maybe you can trade it in for 2-3 thunderbirds that you'll be able to hit every shot and play forever.

#12500 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

That actually sounds wonderfully and appropriately chaotic! As for theming the mission / multiball, perhaps it could tie into the Uncertainty episode and one of the all-time best understated jokes: "Hand me a flathead screwdriver. I mean Philips. Aw, shit...."
becomes "You need to hit this shot! No I mean that one... Ah, shit [dimension change]....!"

I think something I didn't mention as a qualifier is that you must actually complete (green) all the adventures. Why not make it really difficult to get

Of course there is the issue with the freebie adventure..as it lights up white.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/250?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.