(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 405.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's been covered repeatedly

This guy is a Moby / Concern Troll.

Every post he makes is the same shit.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

This guy is a Moby / Concern Troll.
Every post he makes is the same shit.

Come on, dude! You telling me you put this kind of money on a game, and you're not feeling a little worried that people keep repeating not so great comments about some of the shots.

Look, I'm in on one, and I'm routing for it to be great! I want this game to be one I bolt to the floor!

I also always cheer for the underdog, and I'm hoping Spooky hits this one out of the park. They already proved they can make better playfields!

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Come on, dude! You telling me you put this kind of money on a game, and you're not feeling a little worried that people keep repeating not so great comments about some of the shots.

Nope. Not a bit.

Because those same people have said that any issues they have encountered are super easy fixes and it has also been stated that the first batches were specifically going to routes and people who could help Spooky tweak.

We've already had what, 3 Vids from Spooky going over these for the current owners? I am more than confident that any issues (known and currently unknown) will be properly sussed out and fixed going forward.

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nope. Not a bit.
Because those same people have said that any issues they have encountered are super easy fixes and it has also been stated that the first batches were specifically going to routes and people who could help Spooky tweak.
We've already had what, 3 Vids from Spooky going over these for the current owners? I am more than confident that any issues (known and currently unknown) will be properly sussed out and fixed going forward.

Good optimism there!

I'm looking forward to playing one.

Anyone in Toronto getting one soon? I'm a bit later down the line.

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Nope. Not a bit.

Those people might be better players though.

I want to love how a game like JP2 plays, but I can't get those shots dialed in, and I've played a few dozen games on it.

So it's okay to have concerns, until you play the game yourself, and get a good number of plays under your belt.

Besides, Scott himself has said how he likes challenging shots, so it's not entirely unreal for people to maybe feel like this game might be more intimidating than player friendly.

I have one ordered, hope to play it soon, and hope for the best...but I also know the shots might not flow easily enough for me to buy, and that's okay too.

#1206 4 years ago

Look, I'm in on one, and I'm routing for it to be great! I want this game to be one I bolt to the floor!
I also always cheer for the underdog, and I'm hoping Spooky hits this one out of the park. They already proved they can make better playfields!

Just my perspective, but the money part is a non issue for this, or any game really. Best case is I get a game and keep it forever and have a lot of fun.

Worst case scenario...a game doesn't grab me, and I sell it. The buy/sell price is sometimes more, sometimes even, or sometimes less than what I paid.

Pinball isn't something I ever worry about.
I enjoy talking/speculating/planning/discussing pinball etc..., but I don't worry about it.

It's just pinball.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Those people might be better players though.
I want to love how a game like JP2 plays, but I can't get those shots dialed in, and I've played a few dozen games on it.
So it's okay to have concerns, until you play the game yourself, and get a good number of plays under your belt.
Besides, Scott himself has said how he likes challenging shots, so it's not entirely unreal for people to maybe feel like this game might be more intimidating than player friendly.
I have one ordered, hope to play it soon, and hope for the best...but I also know the shots might not flow easily enough for me to buy, and that's okay too.

If you go back and watch the DeadFlip Stream, you will see a few guys jammin' on it. JD, Hilton/Hamilton, Bug and one other guy all had pretty good balls that illustrate its ability to flow.
Hell, even Scott had a good ball or two and he sucks! (Primus fans will get that)

I really think it is hard to dial in shots in a 4 X setting. That's why I kept asking them (in stream) to throw a full game or two at a good player.

#1208 4 years ago

whoops edit gone bad

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

If you go back and watch the DeadFlip Stream, you will see a few guys jammin' on it. JD, Hilton/Hamilton, Bug and one other guy all had pretty good balls that illustrate its ability to flow.
Hell, even Scott had a good ball or two and he sucks! (Primus fans will get that)
I really think it is hard to dial in shots in a 4 X setting. That's why I kept asking them (in stream) to throw a full game or two at a good player.

Oh I hope it's fun to shoot, for sure!

That said, Jack D is a great player, Bug and Hilton also seem quite good!

It's more crazy for me, to buy a game unplayed, than to worry about how a game shoots, having considered it purchased.

But I also feel I'm nuts to own and spend this much money on any game! I am....nuts!!!

Hope to play it soon, and I wish someone stepped up to stream, as the party sounds like a blast today!

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No worries mate. Hilton was already really comforting about people just playing freely. Plus, wouldn't you rather have your first go at an event like that? Definitely something to remember!
I prefer some quiet reflection to absorb that experience, no candles though! Saw Wonka at MGC last year at the debut, and yeah....it's not ideal, but it was a one of a lifetime experience!
Now with the double bird action, I'm putting in a formal request for you and a photo at the event..!!!
And I didn't know you were 2 hours away. Akin to you not knowing how far I'm away from I/O. Even I don't know that, haha!

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!!

133D2C81-0519-48E3-AD4B-D9CB2E7DC90E (resized).png133D2C81-0519-48E3-AD4B-D9CB2E7DC90E (resized).png
#1211 4 years ago

My game is sitting in my game room and I have made all the shots many times and I’m am a below average player. Some of the shots are more challenging than others but all are 100% makeable.. so I wouldn’t be too worried about the “comments”. The shots are fine and the game is fun as hell!

#1212 4 years ago

Just caught this on TWIP:
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/first-takes-rick-and-morty-pinball/
Sounds like everyone is loving the theme and code, but I'm seeing quite a few unfavorable comments regarding geometry (namely upper shots).
Curious to know how this is affecting enjoyment and allow progress through the game.
And wondering if this is something that Spooky and Scott are thinking might need some tweaking?

You have to keep in mind that these comments are based on watching a stream of the #2 game off the line and not actually playing the game. Newer run games which are properly tweaked will likely play a bit different.

#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!![quoted image]

Aw man, what a great shot of the three of you! And here I was expecting floppy ears in the shot!

Always great to place a face with a forum user.

Thanks so much for making the trip and sharing! Are you finding it easier to have a good game than you feared it might be?

Carry on, and enjoy yourself!

#1214 4 years ago

I’ve only played 3 times... about to be 4 but it is awesome!!![quoted image]

I So want that sign on the wall. Awesome

#1215 4 years ago
5CB79071-B26D-4952-84F1-97E3EC2292CD (resized).jpeg5CB79071-B26D-4952-84F1-97E3EC2292CD (resized).jpegA0E8524E-AC20-46C7-A6CF-82666BF4ACFC (resized).jpegA0E8524E-AC20-46C7-A6CF-82666BF4ACFC (resized).jpegAFF9DBC1-F206-4F4F-8ECD-9D849422566B (resized).jpegAFF9DBC1-F206-4F4F-8ECD-9D849422566B (resized).jpeg
#1216 4 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Psssst. Ask that guy playing, what he thinks of the game so far..!

#1218 4 years ago

Got to play some more today, albeit with another dude

5E489296-99DC-4C53-B999-3866A364367E (resized).jpeg5E489296-99DC-4C53-B999-3866A364367E (resized).jpegC93CA450-9D99-4D0A-BF6E-A0D9C1E418BB (resized).jpegC93CA450-9D99-4D0A-BF6E-A0D9C1E418BB (resized).jpeg
#1219 4 years ago

Looks like this event was a blast!!! So jealous!

Screenshot_20200229-173417_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200229-173417_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1220 4 years ago

Hanging with @MR_FROG at Lyons Classic Pinball, getting our fill of R&M!

20200229_164154 (resized).jpg20200229_164154 (resized).jpg
#1221 4 years ago

The other side of the suckfest with Morinack

IMG_20200229_170525 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_170525 (resized).jpg
#1222 4 years ago

Had an absolute blast playing the game at the launch party today. There is a lot going on in it. It’s challenging, addicting, and rewarding in how it plays. What I like about it the most is that its not repetitive and should have a high replay value for a long time. The shots and layout feel fresh to me. Light show is of course amazing. Glad I drove out to check it out and I’m pretty sure I’ve got my order finalized in my head now that I’ve seen it and played it in person. I’m on team Kalaxian colored coin door!

F070778A-2003-4C78-913C-B500D09F2B5F (resized).jpegF070778A-2003-4C78-913C-B500D09F2B5F (resized).jpeg
#1223 4 years ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

Had an absolute blast playing the game at the launch party today. There is a lot going on in it. It’s challenging, addicting, and rewarding in how it plays. What I like about it the most is that its not repetitive and should have a high replay value for a long time. The shots and layout feel fresh to me. Light show is of course amazing. Glad I drove out to check it out and I’m pretty sure I’ve got my order finalized in my head now that I’ve seen it and played it in person. I’m on team Kalaxian colored coin door![quoted image]

Art blades or mirrors?

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Art blades or mirrors?

Black mirrors.

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Art blades or mirrors?

The art blades look really nice in person! And, they match the rest of the cabinet/play field theme.

I’m getting the spooky art blades for sure!

#1226 4 years ago

Purple coin door looks amazing!

Im in for the black one though, i guess im just old skool....

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Purple coin door looks amazing!
Im in for the black one though, i guess im just old skool....

I'm going back and forth. The purple is freaking awesome but it might be a bit much on the door as well.

#1228 4 years ago

I’ve heard Rick say Lionman a few times

#1229 4 years ago

I also had a great time at the RM launch party today!

Everyone I met from Spooky was super nice and so was everyone else that was there for the launch party.

WindRaidor and Whysnow ... it was cool to meet some pinsiders! I had a good time talking with you guys and playing RM

I/O Arcade bar is an awesome place!!! if you're nearby there ever & have the chance to stop in and play... I highly recommend it!

I can't really review RM yet as I don't think I played it enough to do that but I can say that I definitely enjoyed it and I'm SO happy that I'm in on owning one, even if its not for another year!

I wish I could've played it a bunch more times than I did... especially one player games on my own. I only had a few 1 player games while placing for the tournament. All the rest I played were 4 player games and for me, personally, I always feel like I never play well in that scenario. I'm not sure if it's just in my head or it just gets me out of any grove I might have going... I had one decent game (my second game I think) where I scored 3+ million. It was great! For the 6/7 games or so that I played today I was able to make the house portal shot from the upper flipper and the steep left ramp shot multiple times.

The game is super fast and a lot of fun! Especially because of that pop bumper above the left flipper! I LOVE that pop bumper in this game! It adds a whole different element of game play. This pin plays/feels soooooo nice! All the shots are makable & work fine you just have to be dialed in on them to make them more often and I'm sure that will happen with practice. Anyone worried about gameplay from watching a stream or what TWIP said (also just based on first their first impressions from watching the stream ) that's just silly!!!! You just need to play the game and you will know that it plays great!

AWESOME JOB SCOTT & EVERYONE @ SPOOKY!!!!
10CD4D7A-401F-49DA-AB97-93988D275C47 (resized).jpeg10CD4D7A-401F-49DA-AB97-93988D275C47 (resized).jpeg8C804AF6-8BF8-4A86-AFFE-61E0874952FA (resized).jpeg8C804AF6-8BF8-4A86-AFFE-61E0874952FA (resized).jpeg9D43A935-2268-4774-9E48-020EFEBBDF58 (resized).jpeg9D43A935-2268-4774-9E48-020EFEBBDF58 (resized).jpegB77C3BC9-E377-4CD1-9659-3E2049AA731F (resized).jpegB77C3BC9-E377-4CD1-9659-3E2049AA731F (resized).jpeg

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'm going back and forth. The purple is freaking awesome but it might be a bit much on the door as well.

The purple IS FRICKING awesome!

It's not too much.

I haven't decided if I will get it yet but it looks great.

#1231 4 years ago

Ok since nobody else is going to say it I will! R&M is a fricken ass kicker sadistically designed and build to demoralize you with every plunge! All while insulting you and stripping away Any assumption you may have had that you were a decent player!! Yeah I said it!! I played it for 5 hours today at home and while it does let you get one high score (mine was 4 mil ish) the rest of the time it makes you walk away like a bitch! Scott and Charlie conspired this evil machine to destroy positive thoughts of victory and force you to walk away with your tail between your legs! Aside from it playing as if the pinball was a meteor on fire, an amazingly fun game and the code to this point is absolutely brilliant. Hats off guys we are not worthy.....

Off note to Eric. The newer "Fart" code made the game reset every time. Needs a bit of polish...

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok since nobody else is going to say it I will! R&M is a fricken ass kicker sadistically designed and build to demoralize you with every plunge! All while insulting you and stripping away Any assumption you may have had that you were a decent player!! Yeah I said it!! I played it for 5 hours today at home and while it does let you get one high score (mine was 4 mil ish) the rest of the time it makes you walk away like a bitch! Scott and Charlie conspired this evil machine to destroy positive thoughts of victory and force you to walk away with your tail between your legs! Aside from it playing as if the pinball was a meteor on fire, an amazingly fun game and the code to this point is absolutely brilliant. Hats off guys we are not worthy.....
Off note to Eric. The newer "Fart" code made the game reset every time. Needs a bit of polish...

Nice, cant wait!

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Art blades or mirrors?

Pingraffix is working on light up art pinblades. I was told in about a month they will have them in stock. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed, it’s not an easy game by ANY means but IMO I never felt like it kicked my ass. It’s tough to gain control of the ball and I feel like I was forced to make more shots off the fly. The layout of the play field, the return of the ball on missed shots and that pop bumper all keep you struggling to get control and or not drain it. But it’s fun as hell (no pun intended). I’m not a professional player, far from it, I’m just maybe a little better than average and felt like I was able to play it well enough and enjoy it. I was super excited just to play it! so yeah it’s a really tough game but a in a good way because you want to come back for more.

As far as scoring, I also mentioned on my previous post that my best game was a 3+ million game out of only the 6/7 games I was able to play. But, many people including myself had some low scoring games but this also not a typical high scoring game like a stern DP or JP.

The RM at the launch party also reset multiple times but it seemed to happen more when we were Starting new games and adding credits. Hilton, Scott and Eric were on it though and I’m sure they have a fix for that bug soon!

Now.... onto my my dilemma; where do I go to play this beast without having to drive 2 hours each way!!!

#1235 4 years ago

I also had a great time at the RM launch party today!
Everyone I met from Spooky was super nice and so was everyone else that was there for the launch party.
windraidor and whysnow ... it was cool to meet some pinsiders! I had a good time talking with you guys and playing RM
I/O Arcade bar is an awesome place!!! if you're nearby there ever & have the chance to stop in and play... I highly recommend it!
I can't really review RM yet as I don't think I played it enough to do that but I can say that I definitely enjoyed it and I'm SO happy that I'm in on owning one, even if its not for another year!
I wish I could've played it a bunch more times than I did... especially one player games on my own. I only had a few 1 player games while placing for the tournament. All the rest I played were 4 player games and for me, personally, I always feel like I never play well in that scenario. I'm not sure if it's just in my head or it just gets me out of any grove I might have going... I had one decent game (my second game I think) where I scored 3+ million. It was great! For the 6/7 games or so that I played today I was able to make the house portal shot from the upper flipper and the steep left ramp shot multiple times.
The game is super fast and a lot of fun! Especially because of that pop bumper above the left flipper! I LOVE that pop bumper in this game! It adds a whole different element of game play. This pin plays/feels soooooo nice! All the shots are makable & work fine you just have to be dialed in on them to make them more often and I'm sure that will happen with practice. Anyone worried about gameplay from watching a stream or what TWIP said (also just based on first their first impressions from watching the stream ) that's just silly!!!! You just need to play the game and you will know that it plays great!
AWESOME JOB SCOTT & EVERYONE @ SPOOKY!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great meeting you and thanks so much for coming!

I personally had a blast yesterday. Probably the most fun I have ever had at a launch Party!
It was just the right amount of everything and plenty of time to hang with old friends, new friends, and team spooky also.
It just puts a smile on my face in so many ways.

Seeing people get hands on the game for the first time, seeing them meet pinball people and then realize they are the most down to earth folks around is great.

Special thanks to Liz for scorekeeping and keeping stuff running! I really appreciate that and it was a huge help for me!

Thanks spooky team and all that came to make it a special day.

See you soon.

#1236 4 years ago

The RM at the launch party also reset multiple times but it seemed to happen more when we were Starting new games and adding credits. Hilton, Scott and Eric were on it though and I’m sure they have a fix for that bug soon!

Pretty sure Eric will have me new code by end of day. Also for clarity of the masses, I run beta code to help Spooky out. Pretty much constantly testing out the latest before the stable builds go out. If you want to play the newest code, then I/O is the place. That does also mean that you may find a few bugs along the way

It is all about making the game better for all and I am happy to lend a hand.

#1237 4 years ago

Spent yesterday afternoon at Lyons Classic Pinball. Played about a dozen or games of R&M. Good sized crowd, so we often rotated off the machine for others to play. Lots of interest in the game, and was never really idle.
The game is NOT hard, it is challenging. In 12 games I made every shot at least once and even pulled off a multi-ball. The only geometrical problem is apparently the angle at which i hold my fingers on the flipper buttons.
The game was enjoyable and frustrating at the same time, as every pin should be IMHO.
Well worth the 2 hr drive from home.

The only negative of the trip is now I want an ACNC too.

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Me too! Oops! I meant a TNA.

#1239 4 years ago

I was playing r&m yesterday and a problem we were having was after the ball drained from a tilt it would do a hard reset.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I'm selling mine if your interested.

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I was playing r&m yesterday and a problem we were having was after the ball drained from a tilt it would do a hard reset.

Tell your OP to be on the look for new code in the next day or 2. It has been diagnosed and likely fixed

#1242 4 years ago

I wish I could've played it a bunch more times than I did... especially one player games on my own. I only had a few 1 player games while placing for the tournament. All the rest I played were 4 player games and for me, personally, I always feel like I never play well in that scenario. I'm not sure if it's just in my head or it just gets me out of any grove I might have going...

I'm the same way... It's tough to get a groove going in a multi-player game, especially when my ball times were in the under 1-minute range. At any rate, it was great to meet you and share some terrible games with you. Hope you get some in Chicagoland soon!

What a great event! Fantastic job to Whysnow for organizing, and to Spooky for such a great game. This machine will be taking a lot of my quarters on the near future.

Thanks to all!
Sharkey

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm selling mine if your interested.

I recently spent my available funds on a TNA.
With R&M coming late fall I won't be making anymore big pin purchases for a while.

#1244 4 years ago

i bought my very first game, a Jokerz!, from @manadams. Solid dude, and if someone picks up his ACNC, he’ll do them right. Now if only he would sell me his Funhouse...

#1245 4 years ago

Does anyone in the greater SF Bay Area or greater Sacramento region have R&M incoming soon?

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

i bought my very first game, a Jokerz!, from manadams. Solid dude, and if someone picks up his ACNC, he’ll do them right. Now if only he would sell me his Funhouse...

Oh hey, how is Jokerz holding up for you? Very hard decision for me to sell Funhouse, one of the few I have nostalgia for as a kid.

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Does anyone in the greater SF Bay Area or greater Sacramento region have R&M incoming soon?

I’m in the low 200’s. Maybe late spring?

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Got to play some more today, albeit with another dude[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice tag. XCOOZME hahaha nice!

#1249 4 years ago

New build posted on the beta page - Anybody running the betas (especially on location) should update.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

New build posted on the beta page - Anybody running the betas (especially on location) should update.

updating now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 300.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.