(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 405.
#12401 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

People could pay $100 per mode...

Dude, you can pay my $100. Make sure you attach a nice note with the payment. I'm all for supporting Spooky but this seems a bit extreme.

#12402 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes I do and I disagree with your doom and gloom predictions. That simple.

Doom and gloom?

More like a reality check. That simple.

#12403 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

If every owner (750) kicked the programer $133.33 every few years thats 100k development salary for said programmer. I spend double that in gas every week.

You, my friend, need a vehicle that gets better gas mileage or a job closer to home. Better yet, take a couple sick days and pay my $133.33.

#12404 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False equivalency. $60 digital game vs. $8000 physical machine.
Pinball is not a video game or app. Period.

That 8K is paying for 275lbs worth of wood, metal, glass and plastic. Doesn't change the fact DLC is simply buying more content for it.

Are you going to sell all your older games as Soren is now selling DLC for them?

Y'all are crazy melodramatic over this DLC thing, btw

#12405 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Are you going to sell all your older games as Soren is now selling DLC for them?

Who is Soren? I don't have any Soren games.

#12406 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

False equivalency. $60 digital game vs. $8000 physical machine.
Pinball is not a video game or app. Period.

As usual, I agree with you BUT...

I have to admit, as much as I'm impressed with the current R&M content and # of adventures, I'd pay for more. When I see people coughing up $800 for Stern's lame toppers or hundreds for static/plastic "toys", I just shake my head. Since the software is so awesome on this game, it's not unusual that folks want more. Wanting all the episodes to be covered is just weird. If R&M contains the top 10-12 episodes, seems complete to me. So far, I love the adventures they've selected.

#12407 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

No. Keeping the older machines as code was basically complete out of the box. Not buying DLC for them. Today's technology allows for DLC to be easily added to new machines. Who the hell is Soren, btw?

#12408 3 years ago

If there is no bulletproof way for software to tell different machines apart, then yeah, regular DLC is dead in the water.

Maybe a crowdfunding, someday, to simply pay the programmer and Adult Swim for more content from future seasons, but making it voluntary and free to those who are wont to whine that they already spent $8000? I'd chip in.

#12409 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I have to admit, as much as I'm impressed with the current R&M content and # of adventures, I'd pay for more.

...and just like that, good friends become MORTAL ENEMIES!!!!!

#12410 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and just like that, good friends become MORTAL ENEMIES!!!!!

And I know for a fact that you would cough up the money as well. The anger shouldn't be directed at the addict...blame the drug dealer!

#12411 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

And I know for a fact that you would cough up the money as well. The anger shouldn't be directed at the addict...blame the drug dealer!

The dealer isn't trying to sell here... you are the pusher.

#12412 3 years ago

This site needs to go down again and lose the last 12 hours posts. Quit giving people ideas.

#12413 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

The dealer isn't trying to sell here... you are the pusher.

How could I be the pusher? I don't own the IP or rights to anything related to this game. Another model is for Spooky to open source their code, which would enable 3rd party developers to contribute. Not sure it would work well in this context, but it is a model used in many other tech products (like TV's, operating systems, etc.).

#12414 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Never. I'm not being hyperbolic. I love R&M, but the second it offered a paid DLC subscription model, I would instantly list it for sale. I'd never buy another Spooky. Done.

When Dutch F'd me - I put my BOP with 2.0 up for sale...sure I could have taken the kit out and just sold that...but I just wanted the whole tainted thing out of my life. I have enough things to enjoy in life, I don't need things that are shady.

Thankfully it's never going to happen, because it's a horrible idea & the games aren't set up for it....so, why don't we end this silly bullshit & get back to our awesome game.

#12415 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Never. I'm not being hyperbolic. I love R&M, but the second it offered a paid DLC subscription model, I would instantly list it for sale. I'd never buy another Spooky. Done.
Thankfully it's never going to happen, because it's a horrible idea & the games aren't set up for it....so, why don't we end this silly bullshit & get back to our awesome game.

Spooly oughta offer a $5 upgrade just to fuck with you and your melodramatic terror of DLC

#12416 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How could I be the pusher? I don't own the IP or rights to anything related to this game. Another model is for Spooky to open source their code, which would enable 3rd party developers to contribute. Not sure it would work well in this context, but it is a model used in many other tech products (like TV's, operating systems, etc.).

You are the one pushing for paying for content. Spooky is not.

#12417 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Spooly oughta offer a $5 upgrade just to fuck with you and your melodramatic terror of DLC

I hope the next Spooky game is $15k, has $2000 topper & won’t even work unless you pay $1000 a year for a subscription. Just for you.

#12418 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I hope the next Spooky game is $15k, has $2000 topper & won’t even work unless you pay $1000 a year for a subscription. Just for you.

Now that sounds like a good idea. Maybe make the topper $2,500 though. I'm sure he'll gladly pay it. Maybe a Christmas card for the programmer too...

#12419 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's a pretty lame and uninspired comeback, sounds like it came from a playground. Go watch more R&M and brush up

#12420 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hey epthegeek, any chance for a option to make mode selection deterministic?
Perhaps set a playfield feature to increment the current "lit" mode, and have the scoop timer briefly show the current lit mode number anytime that playfield feature is hit? You could be nice and make it something simple like a ramp... or slightly evil and make it the slam ring, or really evil and make it the spinner LOL Would add a little strategy, allowing more freedom to setup desirable stacks. Leaving dimensions randomized still mixes things up.
Would also help with troubleshooting, making it easier to setup situations for testing, debugging, etc. I was going to try troubleshooting Schwifty back in the day but the game decided to be a dick and never awarded it when I pulled the glass...

No. You are Morty, and Morty doesn't get to make those choices.

You can set the machine for tournament play, which standardizes the order of both dimensions and adventures.

#12421 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

No. You are Morty, and Morty doesn't get to make those choices.
You can set the machine for tournament play, which standardizes the order of both dimensions and adventures.

Yeah you're right, that wouldn't play into the storyline. Would be nice to setup some stacks but no biggie. Glad to hear tournament mode is setup to equalize things for the players.

#12422 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hey epthegeek, any chance for a option to make mode selection deterministic?
Perhaps set a playfield feature to increment the current "lit" mode, and have the scoop timer briefly show the current lit mode number anytime that playfield feature is hit? You could be nice and make it something simple like a ramp... or slightly evil and make it the slam ring, or really evil and make it the spinner LOL Would add a little strategy, allowing more freedom to setup desirable stacks. Leaving dimensions randomized still mixes things up.
Would also help with troubleshooting, making it easier to setup situations for testing, debugging, etc. I was going to try troubleshooting Schwifty back in the day but the game decided to be a dick and never awarded it when I pulled the glass...

What? For free?

#12423 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I approve this message

#12424 3 years ago
Quoted from gac:

What? For free?

#12425 3 years ago

Ssssssss şssss ss ssssss. Sssss ss §sss sssssss!!! Şsss §sssss ssssssss.
Ssssssss sssss ssssş?????

Ssssssss ssss sss sssss ssssssss.

#12426 3 years ago

Rick & Morty is a great pinball machine. Super fun & the right amount of frustrating.

(are we back on track?)

#12427 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Just wanna say that I’m in the camp that had perfect flippers before this update, and they got knocked down like crazy after the update. Changing to “Original” made it worse. So, I’m on “Aggressive” and “High” and now it plays like it used to.
]!

My experience is the same as this - update mucked up the flippers which I had working pretty well before.

Changed to Original and that made it worse, Aggressive feels more like before the update (but still not great - getting some fluttering when flipper button is pressed occasionally) and now I'm worried about the heat build up too.

#12428 3 years ago
Quoted from Wulftown:

(are we back on track?)

Almost.

DLC is indeed a very slippery slope.

We’ve seen Stern pushing the envelope on every release - particularly the toppers. $349 to $999 in only a few releases. Employing the “boiling frog” technique to see what they can get away with. I’m sorta out with the prices these days anyway, but DLC will lock that in permanently.

Re more software - we are seeing a more demanding customer base these days. Wanting more and more content.

Where does it end? For some people, they will never be satisfied with whatever is in the game. “New series out! We want more stuff!!”

Rarehero made a good comparison to Family Guy and TSPP. Are they considered incomplete now that there are hundreds more TV episodes?

Ultimately, I think what some people need to work out ... these are pinball machines. If you want more content, buy the DVD box set and watch that. Or on a music pin (“only 8 songs!!”) buy the CDs and listen to them. A pinball machine can only do “so much”.

My 10c.

rd

#12429 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Almost.
DLC is indeed a very slippery slope.
We’ve seen Stern pushing the envelope on every release - particularly the toppers. $349 to $999 in only a few releases. Employing the “boiling frog” technique to see what they can get away with. I’m sorta out with the prices these days anyway, but DLC will lock that in permanently.
Re more software - we are seeing a more demanding customer base these days. Wanting more and more content.
Where does it end? For some people, they will never be satisfied with whatever is in the game. “New series out! We want more stuff!!”
Rarehero made a good comparison to Family Guy and TSPP. Are they considered incomplete now that there are hundreds more TV episodes?
Ultimately, I think what some people need to work out ... these are pinball machines. If you want more content, buy the DVD box set and watch that. Or on a music pin (“only 8 songs!!”) buy the CDs and listen to them. A pinball machine can only do “so much”.
My 10c.
rd

Good comment. I love the Simpson’s, and have a Data East. I am good with how it is. If Rick and Morty last a very long time, another game can be made with updated artwork and technology to match.

#12430 3 years ago

For lack of a space snake mod available, I bought two spacesuit Rick/Morty Funkos purely because they came with snakes. Not sure where to put them yet but the size seems perfect.

57159839-6D60-4D67-9AB8-9B483EF277E7 (resized).jpeg57159839-6D60-4D67-9AB8-9B483EF277E7 (resized).jpeg
#12431 3 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a way to do a diverter hold test. I only found diverter initial power in the coil test menu. Or is the diverter held open by some other means?

#12432 3 years ago
Quoted from db666:

My experience is the same as this - update mucked up the flippers which I had working pretty well before.
Changed to Original and that made it worse, Aggressive feels more like before the update (but still not great - getting some fluttering when flipper button is pressed occasionally) and now I'm worried about the heat build up too.

This was my experience too, but I have just adjusted the EOS switches so they close right at the verrrrrry end of the stroke and the flippers feel great - better than before. I have taken the hold pattern back to default from aggressive and they feel good.

#12433 3 years ago
Quoted from jaybeedee:

This was my experience too, but I just adjusted the EOS switches so they close right at the verrrrrry end of the stroke and the flippers feel great - better than before. I have taken the hold pattern back to default from aggressive and they feel good.

Great info, thank you I will try tweaking the EOS a little.

#12434 3 years ago

Has anyone else hit this? Can't tell if it's code or a bad switch/sensor.

Started meeseeks multi, started grom multi, maybe got an add-a-ball?
The main trough emptied and then it kicked out the ball in the portal trough.
After a bunch of chaos I shot one into the scoop which didn't kick out and then I drained my last ball.
It's still 5 min later in gromflomite and hasn't done a ball search.

Ohh and at some point I entered a dimension, damn tough to keep track with so much going on.

#12435 3 years ago

We did have a similar situation once where we got more balls than expected during a grom/meeseeks stack, and draining did not end the mb. Buddy shut the game off before I could grab logs, but I will keep an eye on things and try to determine the cause if it happens again.

#12436 3 years ago

I finally made peace with the fact that I will likely never perfect the top right-flipper garage shot, as much as we tinker with it, so I've let that go, but most recently whenever I try to reach the garage/dimension start via the right orbit (especially when I'm whipping a fast shot that way), it will "get stuck" right before it gets behind the house and ends up trinkling back down, via the right orbit. Feels like it hits something?

Does this happen to anyone else and what is the solution?

I'd love to be able to start dimensions more consistently at some point.

#12437 3 years ago

I’m not sure i can compete with all this DLC talk. But i found this exciting:

250A09A3-9C6D-4D1D-85C8-80F0E17CCD40 (resized).jpeg250A09A3-9C6D-4D1D-85C8-80F0E17CCD40 (resized).jpegF33169E5-66DD-4378-923D-E36BBDE8FB03 (resized).jpegF33169E5-66DD-4378-923D-E36BBDE8FB03 (resized).jpeg
#12438 3 years ago

Can we get the ball saver adjusted. I had 2 seconds left and all 3 of those fuckers went down the shitter, only to give me one back into play...seriously, that needs some adjusting. I had the same issue with TNA.......

...........................rant over (for now)

#12439 3 years ago

Question about my pop bumper. I noticed that at various times during game play that my pop bumper does not seem to fire (not due to being in a specific dimension) all the time. Sometimes the ball makes contact with the bumper and it will come off with no action and one second later if the ball hits it, it will fire with plenty of strength. I have made sure that the gap on the switch is ok as it takes only the slightest pressure on the pop bumper skirt to initiate contact. I've attached a couple pics showing the gap between the switch blades.
I also noticed that the lug on the side of the switch has no wire on it. It looks like there is solder on the lug so it makes me think that something was soldered there at one point. Does anyone else have a wire there? Again, I've attached pics showing the lug I'm referring to. Thanks for any and all help.

IMG_3557 (resized).jpgIMG_3557 (resized).jpgIMG_3559 (resized).jpgIMG_3559 (resized).jpgIMG_3555 (resized).jpgIMG_3555 (resized).jpgIMG_3558 (resized).jpgIMG_3558 (resized).jpg
#12440 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I finally made peace with the fact that I will likely never perfect the top right-flipper garage shot, as much as we tinker with it, so I've let that go, but most recently whenever I try to reach the garage/dimension start via the right orbit (especially when I'm whipping a fast shot that way), it will "get stuck" right before it gets behind the house and ends up trinkling back down, via the right orbit. Feels like it hits something?

This exact thing started happening after I waxed recently. I figure it is just me not hitting it perfect enough, not an issue with the guides. I think that right orbit to the garage shot works best with a medium speed shot. A slow or fast shot has a much lower chance of catching the lane to the garage.

Edit: Nevermind, I am new to this machine and didn't realize there was a diverter back there that only allows the ball into the garage if it is lit. Maybe I imagined it but I swore on the prior code release I was able to enter the garage from the outer loop when it wasn't lit.

#12441 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I know you said you've tinkered, but there's gotta be a solution. I want to tinker with my guide to the garage, but I haven't yet...and honestly I might not...because a nice shot right off the tip usually makes it, and my timing has gotten better and better. The left orbit-to-garage shot also is quite smooth and whips right into the garage. There might be something going on with your diverter that can be fixed or tweaked.

#12442 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Can we get the ball saver adjusted. I had 2 seconds left and all 3 of those fuckers went down the shitter, only to give me one back into play...seriously, that needs some adjusting. I had the same issue with TNA.......
...........................rant over (for now)

I had the same issue on earlier code but anymore it almost always gives me the full amount back.

#12443 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

I had the same issue on earlier code but anymore it almost always gives me the full amount back.

I'm on the latest code. Just recieved my game last week from the line.

#12444 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I'm on the latest code. Just recieved my game last week from the line.

What number? Any probs?

#12445 3 years ago

Just played Pickle Rick and every light on the playfield was green.

I can't recall ever seeing that. Did I perhaps start a dimension before the adventure?

#12446 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

and every one ght was green.

My Canadian is rusty - what does this mean?

#12447 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

My Canadian is rusty - what does this mean?

Hahaha. Funny guy, eh?

I edited the above post.

Thanks

#12448 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just played Pickle Rick and every light on the playfield was green.
I can't recall ever seeing that. Did I perhaps start a dimension before the adventure?

Yeah, sounds like you started the night-vision dimension at the same time you started the mode.

#12449 3 years ago

Question about the diverter...when the garage/dimension light is flashing green and I hit that right orbit shot is the ball always supposed to go into the garage? I would say 70% of the time mine rattles around and falls down the center loop.

#12450 3 years ago

All this DLC talk had me thinking, at what point I’d be content with the finalisation of the code on R&M?... now I should preface this, I’m yet to receive my pin, but have watched countless hours of streams and played it a number of times at local haunts.

I think the game and code is bloody fantastic. Well thought out, well structured and exciting, though a few additionals would possibly complete it in my eyes. Now I'm only an average player, so I’d likely never get to any of these suggestions, but having them there hanging would absolutely drive me to die trying.

Vat of Acid mode: Random Inserts will turn green then fade to red (ie Morty is in the vat holding his breath turning red), shot needs to be made before it turns completely red. Then the next random insert will turn green, fading to red etc. Like Swifty, more shots have to be made than not to pass the mode.

Space Snakes mode: Haven’t got my head around how this could work. But such a great episode and deserves to be included.

An additional multiball would also be great.

Also a final, ultimate super dooper wizard mode. I can’t offer methodology behind how it would be shoehorned in, but maybe qualified via a certain amount of modes needing to be completed successfully plus Love Potion, plus a certain amount of megaseeds collected.

I haven't thought about how the mode could possibly work, but incorporating the dimensions would by fantastic. Having them randomly flip from one to the next, a complete head fuck trying to navigate the shots needed as the physical playfield landscape/lighting and sounds changes.

Anyway... maybe when I've got the machine, I'll find the current code more than sufficient, but all this waiting has me pining and wondering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,500.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/249?hl=beegeemtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.