(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 405.
#12351 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Has anyone hit all the lit shots in moonmen mode yet? It seems like they go solid once you hit them

I did it once, they went solid when I hit them and once I hit all 5, they started flashing again so it looks like you can rinse and repeat. But once I hit that 5th shot, my time was pretty much up and I did not get a chance to repeat a shot. I think I ended up with about 4.5 million for the adventure with hitting all 5 shots.

#12352 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you complete a full set of orbs you get big points - but the mode does not end early. It sets all the orbs back to available.

Ah, saw this after I responded. This is what I figured based on what I saw.

#12353 3 years ago

As a new owner, I've determined that I will probably never make all Green or all Red shots in Roy. It takes my red/green colorblind brain too long to figure out which one is which. (Yes, I can see color. Yes, I can see stoplights.) I think the main issue is because they are flashing instead of static.

#12354 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

As a new owner, I've determined that I will probably never make all Green or all Red shots in Roy. It takes my red/green colorblind brain too long to figure out which one is which. (Yes, I can see color. Yes, I can see stoplights.) I think the main issue is because they are flashing instead of static.

report them to ADA!!!! /s j/k for all those types

#12355 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I have had my game for a couple weeks now and yeah, it is fantastic. Kudos to the Spooky team. This game makes me laugh like no other. I am happy to report mine did play really well straight out of the box. Of course the more I have played it, the more I found things to fine tune. It hasn't taken much to improve from good to great. Besides the typical ball guides and flipper adjustments, an area that I wanted to improve was the consistency of the ball launches. A small percentage of the time the ball would travel a bit too far up the loop and sort of rattle its way to the upper flipper which would pretty much kill any chance of a successful skill shot. Other times, the launcher wasn't able to get it out of the lane and it would roll back down for a relaunch. I did spend a good amount of time tweaking the launch wireform and adjusting the launch power settings. I could never get it quite how I liked it.
I ended up designing a little helper that replaces the black ball trap post that is installed on the rail. I thought some of you might find it interesting. Assuming there is interest, I'll end up adding it to my pinside shop and probably make the 3d files available on thingiverse. The current version is perfectly functional. The balls now land in exactly the same location and feed the upper flipper the same every single time. I was also able to bump the launch power up a bit, so balls get back into the game a bit quicker now. I am probably going to refine the design a little further and see about getting some purple filament [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

this is exactly what pinball life's aftermarket ramp does, but nice fix. I would only worry about the plastic deforming after thousands of ball hits.
If it were me I would do this:
* release this on thingiverse as-is (or you could post it on shapeways and make a small profit for every one sold)
* SELL a better version that adds a metal plate with a screw hole to the angled wall

#12356 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you complete a full set of orbs you get big points - but the mode does not end early. It sets all the orbs back to available.

Just got my game last week. Just wanted to say it's one of the most fun codes I've ever played. Fantastic work dude!

Any plans to put requirements of each mode on the screen? I find I'm in a mode and have no idea what needs to be done, or what remains.

Also, any plans for a wizard mode (aside from Rick Potion #9)?

Again, great work!

#12357 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just got my game last week. Just wanted to say it's one of the most fun codes I've ever played. Fantastic work dude!
Any plans to put requirements of each mode on the screen? I find I'm in a mode and have no idea what needs to be done, or what remains.
Again, great work!

You mean a rule screen when the game is not being played? Because while you are in an adventure, it does tell you what to shoot for on the screen. Of course, with eyes glued to the playfield as most are, players rarely see it. Bystanders usually have to read it out to the player until the rules are understood. But if you can trap the ball, look up for the blue word bubble on the lower left I believe... Just from memory, as I am at work. But that's where I remember seeing what to shoot for when others are playing, other than the blinking lit shots of course.

#12358 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

this is exactly what pinball life's aftermarket ramp does, but nice fix. I would only worry about the plastic deforming after thousands of ball hits.
* release this on thingiverse as-is (or you could post it on shapeways and make a small profit for every one sold)
* SELL a better version that adds a metal plate with a screw hole to the angled wall

Thanks for the thoughts. Honestly, I'm not that concerned with the plastic deforming or breaking. Material and design choices can prevent these type of failures. Also the end wire form ring still takes some of the energy. My main concern is the stress added to the screw and that it could eventually loosen and pull out of the wood. I did recess the screw hole so the mount screw would go deeper in the rail, but I will probably increase the base footprint to give more support.

#12359 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

It would be pretty easy to sell a pack of 3 for $15 and change them out if they get banged up.

#12360 3 years ago

Is your volume up? Most modes, Rick is yelling at you to shoot the purple shots.

#12361 3 years ago

Again, great work!

Shoot the lit shot!

#12362 3 years ago

Quoted from Rarehero:

Is your volume up? Most modes, Rick is yelling at you to shoot the purple shots.

Quoted from northerndude:

Shoot the lit shot!

WizardsCastle may be asking about what it takes to get the green stamp in each adventure - and that does vary. Like "Winning" Pirates is simply spelling at least "Pirates", "Winning" Goodbye Moonmen is getting a full set of orbs, "Winning" Get Schwifty is ending the mode on the positive side of the meter - etc.

Other than that, the instant info does have detail about active adventures, and as mentioned the audio/lights do their best to let you know what's going on - but some things are a bit more obscure, like the Summer shot in the middle of Purge.

There's a key post with adventure rules breakdowns, if that helps.

As for "Wizard Mode", right now, the only plan is things that are only available when you complete the adventure card. You could kind of make "get the 20x Rick Potion #9" the wizard goal on your own, I guess.

#12363 3 years ago

Hey @epthegeek, any chance for a option to make mode selection deterministic?

Perhaps set a playfield feature to increment the current "lit" mode, and have the scoop timer briefly show the current lit mode number anytime that playfield feature is hit? You could be nice and make it something simple like a ramp... or slightly evil and make it the slam ring, or really evil and make it the spinner LOL Would add a little strategy, allowing more freedom to setup desirable stacks. Leaving dimensions randomized still mixes things up.

Would also help with troubleshooting, making it easier to setup situations for testing, debugging, etc. I was going to try troubleshooting Schwifty back in the day but the game decided to be a dick and never awarded it when I pulled the glass...

#12364 3 years ago

I'll go to the grave arguing for randomized dimensions during normal game play. Maybe the randomization is taken away for tourney rules, where the adventured & dimensions are in order to have less chaos for tourneys. But for my home, I want to never know whats coming, that's the fun part

#12365 3 years ago

I'll go to the grave arguing for randomized dimensions during normal game play. Maybe the randomization is taken away for tourney rules, where the adventured & dimensions are in order to have less chaos for tourneys. But for my home, I want to never know whats coming, that's the fun part

Agreed. I’d like to see more dimensions, maybe they could make it a setting adjustment.

Does anyone know if they will use any footage from the upcoming season in a mode or something?

#12366 3 years ago

Yep that's why I said option, doesn't need to be default either. I assume tournament mode already gives players in the same game the same order of modes (if it doesn't, it should), but it'd be nice to have the option to try setting up specific stacks.

Or is it already deterministic and we just don't know? Time to start counting flips?

#12367 3 years ago

I got the new moonman mode for the first time, started it during meseeks multiball and after the intro clip of moonman my audio was gone, the song didn't start until I drained the multiball, once down to a single ball the moonman song started up partway through and all audio was back to normal.

Just thought epthegeek may want to know.

#12368 3 years ago
Quoted from Vhex:I got the new moonman mode for the first time, started it during meseeks multiball and after the intro clip of moonman my audio was gone, the song didn't start until I drained the multiball, once down to a single ball the moonman song started up partway through and all audio was back to normal.
Just thought epthegeek may want to know.

Interesting. You’re not supposed to be able to start an adventure once multiball is active.

#12369 3 years ago

Had the my best game tonight, but it was all from ball one. One there first ball, I got 29M points, and also started Rick Potion 9.

Then it was drain fest and I literally ended the game after the next 3 balls with 31M!!!!

Anyhow, one weird thing I noticed, and I think it happened once before. I went to collect my second extra ball, and I swear I made the loop cleaning, but no EB!?!? Do you have to make two loops for the second EB or something??

#12370 3 years ago

Please upload some new gameplay!! Keen to see more Moonman.

#12371 3 years ago

Had the my best game tonight, but it was all from ball one. One there first ball, I got 29M points, and also started Rick Potion 9.
Then it was drain fest and I literally ended the game after the next 3 balls with 31M!!!!
Anyhow, one weird thing I noticed, and I think it happened once before. I went to collect my second extra ball, and I swear I made the loop cleaning, but no EB!?!? Do you have to make two loops for the second EB or something??

If you adjusted the spinner ball guide (upper loop) there’s a good chance the switch is getting hopped. Solution is to change that switch to the MRS. That’s how I fixed mine.

#12372 3 years ago

Haven't checked this thread in a long time. I know there is new code but did that sweet game over music from the alpha release her put back in? It's that evil Morty song..... So good

#12373 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Interesting. You’re not supposed to be able to start an adventure once multiball is active.

Any way to add some sound effects during the "song" modes like Moonman and Get Schwifty? As much as the music is awesome, not getting the sound effects for the spinner or pop bumper makes it seem a little lifeless. It wouldn't have to be full volume. I'm thinking 50% volume of sound effect to song would be enough to get that audible feedback.

#12374 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Any way to add some sound effects during the "song" modes like Moonman and Get Schwifty? As much as the music is awesome, not getting the sound effects for the spinner or pop bumper makes it seem a little lifeless. It wouldn't have to be full volume. I'm thinking 50% volume of sound effect to song would be enough to get that audible feedback.

That's the point though. The song is the main attraction and sound effects are turned off.

#12375 3 years ago

My right speaker LEDs went out after the latest update. I’ve checked the cables but they seem secure...

#12376 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

My right speaker LEDs went out after the latest update. I’ve checked the cables but they seem secure...

Try installing the update again?

I think the Spooky site said to install it twice anyway.

#12377 3 years ago

Just wanna say that I’m in the camp that had perfect flippers before this update, and they got knocked down like crazy after the update. Changing to “Original” made it worse. So, I’m on “Aggressive” and “High” and now it plays like it used to.

epthegeek - in a future update would it be possible to boost the volume of the Moonmen song a tad? It feels kinda low compared to the other game music. Thanks!

#12378 3 years ago

That's the point though. The song is the main attraction and sound effects are turned off.

Hands down. Let the songs stay the focus point. If anything give people an option to change it in their settings but don’t interfere with the magic for those of us that love the sounds being the focal point.

Do we know if any of the new season stuff can ever appear in the game? I’m all for paying for additional content once they finish with whatever they planned to do. People could pay $100 per mode, if half of the owners paid for it to support spooky that would be $37,500 in revenue for spooky. Given what people pay for toppers (that we got free) that seems completely reasonable.

#12379 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know if any of the new season stuff can ever appear in the game? I’m all for paying for additional content once they finish with whatever they planned to do. People could pay $100 per mode, if half of the owners paid for it to support spooky that would be $37,500 in revenue for spooky. Given what people pay for toppers (that we got free) that seems completely reasonable.

Paid DLC announced after buying a PC game is a bit BS; paid DLC announced after buying the equivalent of a small car? C'mon....

#12380 3 years ago

So I installed the update. Flippers and everything appear the same, no problems there.

Played Moonmen, and that was just so vibe-y. Loved the shots (different colored gems).
My only complaint is that it was over too soon. Unlike some other modes, I swear it felt like Moonmen was there and gone.
Sadness.

But just a great addition. How many adventures does that make now?

We've got 9 normally qualified adventures that are started from the center scoop:

Roy, A life well lived
Total Rickall
Whirly Dirly
Look Who's Purging Now
Pirates of the Pancreas
Get Schwifty
The Blood Dome
Scary Terry
Moonmen

1 adventure that can only be started from a garage shot when qualifed:

Pickle Rick

And 1 adventure that can only be chosen as the 10th adventure with a full adventure card:

Rick Potion No. 9

How many more adventures do you think we're gonna see?

#12381 3 years ago

Let it be known that if you are an advocate for paid DLC on an $8000 machine, you are my mortal enemy & you can kindly go F yourself.

Stop...just....stop. This isn't a free app or a $60 video game. It's a pinball machine, that SHOULD come code complete, but we buy them before they are and are guinea pigs for code & rules. Anything else that goes into the code, we've paid for already. Period.

#12382 3 years ago

finally got to moon men playing a game at lunch. Love it, it's so subtle.. I've said it many times before, sometimes it's nice to have background music that isn't high intensity beats thumping and someone shouting (every rock band theme stern releases). First time I played wizard of oz and played the "save dorothy" I was like "yes! this is nice, I don't feel hyped up, nice soothing music.. just make my shots, what do I have to lose?"

#12383 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

finally got to moon men playing a game at lunch. Love it, it's so subtle.. I've said it many times before, sometimes it's nice to have background music that isn't high intensity beats thumping and someone shouting (every rock band theme stern releases). First time I played wizard of oz and played the "save dorothy" I was like "yes! this is nice, I don't feel hyped up, nice soothing music.. just make my shots, what do I have to lose?"

I bet you love the underwater dimension & Roy music, too. I loooove the "chill out" music in those modes.

#12384 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have zero issue paying for further code in Rick and Morty. Would happily do that to keep new adventures coming. Would even pay a subscription service for it. The more adventure modes the better.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#12385 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let it be known that if you are an advocate for paid DLC on an $8000 machine, you are my mortal enemy & you can kindly go F yourself.
Stop...just....stop. This isn't a free app or a $60 video game. It's a pinball machine, that SHOULD come code complete, but we buy them before they are and are guinea pigs for code & rules. Anything else that goes into the code, we've paid for already. Period.

Damn right.

Yet the post saying this is a good idea actually got 5 thumbs up. WTF?

#12386 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stop...just....stop. This isn't a free app or a $60 video game. It's a pinball machine, that SHOULD come code complete

Yeah, and you know, they could call it code complete *today*, considering it now has everything one would expect in a pinball ruleset. But there's still tons of content from the series that COULD be included.

I don't expect Spooky to continually pump out pinball code for free. Anything beyond a standard ruleset is bonus, and if DLC fees would encourage them to make even more modes, I have no problem with that.

#12387 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, and you know, they could call it code complete *today*, considering it now has everything one would expect in a pinball ruleset. But there's still tons of content from the series that COULD be included.
I don't expect Spooky to continually pump out pinball code for free. Anything beyond a standard ruleset is bonus, and if DLC fees would encourage them to make even more modes, I have no problem with that.

That's a very slippery slope there isn't it.

I want zero part of anything like this. It can also encourage companies to put in just a couple of modes, then say "if you want more than 2 modes, you gotta pony up more money, that $9k you paid just isn't enough "motivation" for us."

No thanks.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

#12388 3 years ago

Stern already slipped down that slope with Munsters and it didn't work out too well. Spooky is well beyond it.

The game has 9 normal modes, a mini-wiz mode (pickle rick), a main wiz mode, a main multiball, a quick multiball with associated multiplier mode, along with a few dozen dimensions to combine with the modes, each with its own sound/light/scoring changes. Also a mystery award and a magnasave to round things out.

The game is basially complete. Would you be happy if Spooky announced the code is done and they're moving on to the next game? Or would you like to see even more modes?

Again, anything beyond a normal ruleset is bonus. If Spooky wants to give us more modes for free, that's awesome of them, but I don't expect it.

#12389 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So what you are saying is that if the developers (Spooky, Eric, Scott, whomever) only has 1 additional mode update left (bug fixes excluded) that you would be satisfied with what there is right now forever?

Rick and Morty goes 25 more seasons and the machine only has content of the first 3?

I agree that $60 for a video game update 2 months after paying $80 for a new game is ridiculous, but if once every 3-5 years I can throw a few hundred bucks at the development cost (Planning, Programing, Testing, Bug Fixes) to provide new fresh entertainment thats a no brainer.

If every owner (750) kicked the programer $133.33 every few years thats 100k development salary for said programmer. I spend double that in gas every week.

#12390 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stern already slipped down that slope with Munsters and it didn't work out too well. Spooky is well beyond it.
The game has 9 normal modes, a mini-wiz mode (pickle rick), a main wiz mode, a main multiball, a quick multiball with associated multiplier mode, along with a few dozen dimensions to combine with the modes, each with its own sound/light/scoring changes. Also a mystery award and a magnasave to round things out.
The game is basially complete. Would you be happy if Spooky announced the code is done and they're moving on to the next game? Or would you like to see even more modes?
Again, anything beyond a normal ruleset is bonus. If Spooky wants to give us more modes for free, that's awesome of them, but I don't expect it.

Stern is greedy as hell which everyone knows and has come to expect (Toppers,Light Kits, etc)

I think at some point and i think its been said in this thread before, Adult Swim is just going to get sick of having to spend time approving stuff with little monetary kickback, there's only 750 games, and i cant imagine much more then 65% of owners will pay for the updated code, that's a guess maybe I'm wrong! Either way even at 750 people at 100$ it would not seem much money to really make there, especially when Adult Swim can just go license it to another one of those shitty mobile games with the pay to play faster method, i cant imagine how much these companies are making on those now a days! But there is a contract involved for this license and i hope as much as everyone else that the contract never expires so we get never ending updates haha

#12391 3 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

So what you are saying is that if the developers (Spooky, Eric, Scott, whomever) only has 1 additional mode update left (bug fixes excluded) that you would be satisfied with what there is right now forever?

I didn't even remotely say that. I'm saying they should continue to support the game to be bug free and complete. Complete is subjective. I think as a designed game experience with great rules, you COULD call the game complete today....but, if they want to add more content, cool. Charge me for it? After I've already spent $8000+? I'll sell the f*cking game and never buy another Spooky pinball again.

Rick and Morty goes 25 more seasons and the machine only has content of the first 3?

It's a pinball machine, not a DVD box set. For a game that lasts about 3-5 minutes if you're lucky, R&M currently has more than enough content to be considered an excellent & complete pinball machine. A pinball machine needs the "essence" and "best of" the license...not decades worth of material. Family Guy pinball has 5 seasons worth of material in it...there are now 18 seasons - the game is still great & has enough content in it for a pinball machine. Simpsons Pinball Party doesn't even have episodic content in it...just lots of great characters & lines inspired by the 14 seasons up to that point, and most considered that one of the best deep & complete games.

I agree that $60 for a video game update 2 months after paying $80 for a new game is ridiculous, but if once every 3-5 years I can throw a few hundred bucks at the development cost (Planning, Programing, Testing, Bug Fixes) to provide new fresh entertainment thats a no brainer.

You've already spent $8000. You're covered for any future code updates.

If every owner (750) kicked the programer $133.33 every few years thats 100k development salary for said programmer. I spend double that in gas every week.

Those programmers are getting paid to work on future games...they probably don't want to work on past games forever. At some point it's safe to call it a day. The game is the game.

At the end of the day, the user base makes pinball DLC a completely stupid idea. The reason it works for video games is because there are millions of users per game. If a million Fortnite uses spend a buck...that's a million dollars. DLC model makes sense. Pinball, a few hundred people? Does not make sense.

#12392 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

i hope as much as everyone else that the contract never expires so we get never ending updates haha

Yeah, everyone would love more updates and content. Just that some of us recognize that at some point, someone has to pay for it. The game budget did not include a neverending development cycle.

#12393 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think as a designed game experience with great rules, you COULD call the game complete today....but, if they want to add more content, cool. Charge me for it? After I've already spent $8000+? I'll sell the f*cking game and never buy another Spooky pinball again.

There's something wrong with your head. Seriously. If you're OK with the game being complete as-is (and you admit it's basically complete), then why on earth would you get all pissy if Spooky makes additional content for THOSE OF US WHO ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT? You certainly don't have to buy it.

Or are you trying to force your particular flavor of "morals" on those of us who recognize hard work deserves reward and are willing to pay for more content?

Quoted from Rarehero:

You've already spent $8000. You're covered for any future code updates.

Yep. BTW "code updates" are not DLC. That C stands for Content, not updates.

Quoted from Rarehero:

DLC model makes sense. Pinball, a few hundred people? Does not make sense.

This is the one thing you might be right about, but that is spooky's call.

#12394 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah, everyone would love more updates and content. Just that some of us recognize that at some point, someone has to pay for it. The game budget did not include a neverending development cycle.

Yes exactly, and i could never bring myself to pay for DLC pretty much on any game/console/pinball machine i own or play, its just not a model i'm willing to pay to enforce these companies to do more of.

#12395 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You say all of this as though it's really this simple. IT'S NOT.

Do you understand the concept of a slippery slope, and what it would mean once you head down this path? Do you seriously not understand how this would impact future games?

Who gets to decide when a game is done, and what constitutes "anything beyond a normal ruleset" (to use your words)? Hint: it ain't the consumer!

Enough with this terrible idea.

#12396 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Or are you trying to force your particular flavor of "morals" on those of us who recognize hard work deserves reward and are willing to pay for more content?

Their hard work was rewarded with $8000+ from 750 people who trusted them to do the right thing & finish the game. LOL "flavor of morals"....yeah, sorry - I'm baffled that you and others WANT to pay more money for already crazy-expensive machines.

Anyway, I think the point is moot since I doubt the system is even set up for DLC. How would they even make it unlock on certain machines and not others? I think that's why Stern has tied their DLC to something physical like a topper. CGC tied the color display update to a physical chip. Any attempt at purely digital pinball DLC would be hacked immediately.

Honestly, I hope you guys get what you want and have to waste MORE money on pinball. The second a company has some kind of subscription/paid DLC situation with code is the second I never buy one of their games. If it ever becomes the norm, I'm 100% done, my pinball collection stays classic. Please, give me a reason to quit pinball....GO, DLC, GO!!!!!

#12397 3 years ago

Just so this shit doesn't go on for pages....normally this thread rules, everyone rules, and the game rules. Go to a DLC thread to discuss this horrific nonsense, please. Back to this awesome game.

#12398 3 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Yes exactly, and i could never bring myself to pay for DLC pretty much on any game/console/pinball machine i own or play, its just not a model i'm willing to pay to enforce these companies to do more of.

DLC is fine as long as it's new stuff. I bought and finished Fallout 4... then they came out with Far Harbor and I went ahead and got it because it was basically a whole new map, with new NPCs, new guns, new targets, etc. I didn't want a new game, I wanted more of the old game, and that's exactly what good DLC is.

Bad DLC is stuff that was likely cut from the original game, or small updates and tweaks without any actual new content.

Spooky continuing to add modes would fall under the former description. They gave us everything they promised in the game, it is feature complete. New stuff isn't free.

#12399 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do you understand the concept of a slippery slope,

Yes I do and I disagree with your doom and gloom predictions. That simple.

#12400 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

DLC is fine as long as it's new stuff. I bought and finished Fallout 4... then they came out with Far Harbor and I went ahead and got it because it was basically a whole new map, with new NPCs, new guns, new targets, etc. I didn't want a new game, I wanted more of the old game, and that's exactly what good DLC is.
Bad DLC is stuff that was likely cut from the original game, or small updates and tweaks without any actual new content.
Spooky continuing to add modes would fall under the former description. They gave us everything they promised in the game, it is feature complete. New stuff isn't free.

False equivalency. $60 digital game vs. $8000 physical machine.

Pinball is not a video game or app. Period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 210.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/248?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.