(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,588 posts
  • 627 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Biju
  • Topic is favorited by 324 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211124_215803 (resized).jpg
20211124_132129 (resized).jpg
20211124_132106 (resized).jpg
20211122_152120 (resized).jpg
20211122_151128 (resized).jpg
20211122_150536 (resized).jpg
797C8916-E87F-4825-961A-9717153F30F4 (resized).jpeg
RM (resized).jpg
CB0194E1-9FCD-4E94-B44F-80B011709C99 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211116-082730_Chrome (resized).jpg
99E09A19-A829-4C51-9D9F-600A73221BA4 (resized).jpeg
A2615975-FED2-42CF-B7F8-9F9059C7BE56 (resized).jpeg
48DFBAEA-5B25-4CEE-8A8F-6E472F85830A (resized).jpeg
purple_coin_door_decal (resized).png
3d_printed_plate (resized).jpg
decal_peeling (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

83 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 332.
#12301 7 months ago
Quoted from klr650:

I'm occasionally getting two balls stuck behind the right target, it's happened 2x now in about 20 games. It happened during multiball so I didn't see what had caused it, might just be some bad luck or maybe the result of random or very light ball strike? Unfortunately, once two balls are stuck behind the right target, the weight of the balls seems to prevent the drop target from successfully dropping down during a ball search. Adjusting the strength of the drop target coil doesn't help and the glass has to come off. Is there something I should be checking to prevent this condition from recurring? Thanks!

Do the targets both go down properly when multiball starts? The targets shouldn't go up at all during multiball; so it's weird that one was up at all.

Also - the "drop" force is just a spring, the pulse for dropping is just how long the 'hold pin' is held out of the way to LET it drop.

#12302 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can boost the hold power to reduce the 'dip and recover' - but you'll get more heat sooner and it may reduce the shot power.

Ahhh so it’s a double edged sword is it? Thanks for the response. What is the consensus with the group overall, is there more of a desire to eliminate the dip and recover at the cost of heat and reduced shot power?

#12303 7 months ago

I received my options sheet and was wondering if there is a picture of the plastic protectors.

I’m thinking of adding the shaker, interactive RGB speaker kit and decal set.

#12304 7 months ago
Quoted from wayinla:

wondering if there is a picture of the plastic protectors.

I always opt for plastic protectors, it's cheap insurance

20210410_215809 (resized).jpg20210410_215856 (resized).jpg20210410_215906 (resized).jpg
#12305 7 months ago

Not sure if what I'm experiencing is what you all refer to as "knockdown", but when the ball hit my flipper, it dips slights and then springs the ball up. Kinda looks like a diving board.

I was getting this in the previous code, and the current. I've checked all switches and they look fine.

Any thoughts?

#12306 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Do the targets both go down properly when multiball starts? The targets shouldn't go up at all during multiball; so it's weird that one was up at all.
Also - the "drop" force is just a spring, the pulse for dropping is just how long the 'hold pin' is held out of the way to LET it drop.

I am sure that both targets do drop when multiball starts. l will try to keep a better eye on the machine and hopefully see if I can somehow repeat the conditions. Thanks for the info about the drop force, that's good to know! I will definitely post if this somehow happens again.

#12307 7 months ago

How would one go about fixing a drop that doesn't drop at the start of multiball?

My Rick target refuses to drop for just about anything but a 'jailbreak' shot during multiball, anymore. Tkes a ton of Start button mashing to get it to drop at the end of a game hen a ball is left locked on the right side.

#12308 7 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not sure if what I'm experiencing is what you all refer to as "knockdown", but when the ball hit my flipper, it dips slights and then springs the ball up. Kinda looks like a diving board.
I was getting this in the previous code, and the current. I've checked all switches and they look fine.
Any thoughts?

That’s what I have sometimes with mine. I am going to try what was said in post 12300 and increase the hold power slightly. Knock-down I believe is when the ball strikes the flipper while it’s in the up position and it just gets well...knocked down.

#12309 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The only thing that changed with the flipper control between the March release and the April release is that the 'default' hold power was turned down to make them heat up slower. Nothing about what controls how the flippers recover was touched between those two releases.
DEFAULT/MEDIUM is significantly lower duty cycle than it was in March.
AGRESSIVE/HIGH is almost exactly what DEFAULT/MEDIUM used to be - just VERY SLIGHTLY less (16ms pauses versus 14ms).
If you're still somehow getting a full knockdown, either your EOS didn't properly work (to trigger the recovery) or the "recovery pulse" time isn't high enough.

Thanks for the info Eric. I moved back to the April release to fiddle with it more. It turns out that one of the wires on my right EOS switch detached itself from the tab and the switch was inoperable. What an amazing and annoying coincidence that it happened on the first game after the initial code update. Go figure. After fixing that and with it set to aggressive/high, the flippers feel as good as they did previously. Yeehaw.

#12310 7 months ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

That’s what I have sometimes with mine. I am going to try what was said in post 12300 and increase the hold power slightly. Knock-down I believe is when the ball strikes the flipper while it’s in the up position and it just gets well...knocked down.

Let me know how you make out with that. Would be interested in hearing what you try that might resolve this issue, thanks.

Anyone know if there will be some sort you of wizard mode added, or is it just Marty's Choice (Rick Potion #9)?

#12311 7 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I always opt for plastic protectors, it's cheap insurance[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics!

#12312 7 months ago

Also, anyone know if there's plans to adding to the modes so you know how many shots are required/remaining?

#12313 7 months ago

During the great pinside blackout, I watched a ton of videos of games on my wishlist - R&M included.

I can see the modes look like they are great fun, but unlike the modern Sterns, couldn't see if there are leaderboards for each mode?

No idea what version code I was watching, but who doesn't love leaderboards?

#12314 7 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

During the great pinside blackout, I watched a ton of videos of games on my wishlist - R&M included.
I can see the modes look like they are great fun, but unlike the modern Sterns, couldn't see if there are leaderboards for each mode?
No idea what version code I was watching, but who doesn't love leaderboards?

There are leaderboards for each mode, as well as many others like Mega Seeds, Combos, Multiball scores, etc.

#12315 7 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

Thanks for the info Eric. I moved back to the April release to fiddle with it more. It turns out that one of the wires on my right EOS switch detached itself from the tab and the switch was inoperable. What an amazing and annoying coincidence that it happened on the first game after the initial code update. Go figure. After fixing that and with it set to aggressive/high, the flippers feel as good as they did previously. Yeehaw.

Fantastic!

#12316 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The only thing that changed with the flipper control between the March release and the April release is that the 'default' hold power was turned down to make them heat up slower. Nothing about what controls how the flippers recover was touched between those two releases.
DEFAULT/MEDIUM is significantly lower duty cycle than it was in March.
AGRESSIVE/HIGH is almost exactly what DEFAULT/MEDIUM used to be - just VERY SLIGHTLY less (16ms pauses versus 14ms).
If you're still somehow getting a full knockdown, either your EOS didn't properly work (to trigger the recovery) or the "recovery pulse" time isn't high enough.

I readjusted my EOS switches so they engage and disengage as close to the end of the flipper stop as possible (confirmed with switch test). I tried different combinations of flipper settings but settled on Medium Hold, Default Recovery, and 30 (max) for the Recovery Pulse. With this configuration I don't get any knock-downs, but on high impact (like from the horseshoe) I will get some bounce-back. I still feel like the flippers responded better with the prior code (Recovery Pulse at 25 and slightly wider EOS gap), but with these new settings the flipper response is pretty good also. So, back to playing!

#12317 7 months ago

I recently installed the Mantis house portal protector, I definitely recommend this thing if you are looking to keep your clear from cracking from the ball hitting the beveled edge. Seems very sturdy. Has anyone else installed them on their pin?

IMG_3536 (resized).JPG

IMG_3535 (resized).JPG

#12318 7 months ago

I just went into the switch test mode. I wanted to check when the flippers engage to see if i need to do a EOS adjustment. I noticed the top right flipped doesn't register in the service mode. Is that normal?

#12319 7 months ago
Quoted from bent98:

I just went into the switch test mode. I wanted to check when the flippers engage to see if i need to do a EOS adjustment. I noticed the top right flipped doesn't register in the service mode. Is that normal?

There's no EOS switch on the upper flipper, so yeah, that's normal.

#12320 7 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I recently installed the Mantis house portal protector, I definitely recommend this thing if you are looking to keep your clear from cracking from the ball hitting the beveled edge. Seems very sturdy. Has anyone else installed them on their pin?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I didn't know they were available yet. Thanks for the heads up.

#12321 7 months ago
Quoted from fnord:

I didn't know they were available yet. Thanks for the heads up.

With Pinside going dark, these things are a mystery. You can get it here (it looks like it's currently still in stock)...

https://mantispinball.com/product/rick-and-morty-portal-hole-protector/

#12322 7 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What was required to install it? Looks like it is all done from underneath the playfield?

#12323 7 months ago

Has Spooky Sent anyone the New flipper bushings? or is that still something i should do myself?

#12324 7 months ago

What was required to install it? Looks like it is all done from underneath the playfield?

Just a screwdriver, it took about 5 minutes to install.

#12325 7 months ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Just a screwdriver, it took about 5 minutes to install.

Anything have to come out under there? Also did you have to make any new holes?

#12326 7 months ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Cool. Does Spooky normally sign the back of the back box?

I would have gotten that done in a heart beat. Does it require a butter cab?

#12327 7 months ago

Great, I just bought the mantis protector. Thanks for the link

#12328 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have gotten that done in a heart beat. Does it require a butter cab?

Nope, just a request ahead of time.

#12329 7 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

No more shooter launch rejects coming!![quoted image]

Where did you get this?

#12330 7 months ago
Quoted from klr650:

I'm occasionally getting two balls stuck behind the right target, it's happened 2x now in about 20 games. It happened during multiball so I didn't see what had caused it, might just be some bad luck or maybe the result of random or very light ball strike? Unfortunately, once two balls are stuck behind the right target, the weight of the balls seems to prevent the drop target from successfully dropping down during a ball search. Adjusting the strength of the drop target coil doesn't help and the glass has to come off. Is there something I should be checking to prevent this condition from recurring? Thanks!

I had a similar but much more frequent issue. Turned out the coil was firing into the slot in the center of the drop target. I manually bent the piece that was causing the miss up instead of down and it's never failed since.

#12331 7 months ago

How do you get the intergalactic commercials to play? Is there a setting in the settings? Maybe I'm just not seeing it?

And does it just randomly play on its own?

#12332 7 months ago

How do you get the intergalactic commercials to play? Is there a setting in the settings? Maybe I'm just not seeing it?

From what I've seen it is random during attract mode. I believe you can turn it off/on as well as set the volume for it.

#12333 7 months ago

During the attract mode, what flashes on your upper alpha numeric?

Is it 8.8?

#12334 7 months ago

It's in the settings, and you set how many rotations it waits until it plays

#12335 7 months ago

Is there any video of the new Moonmen adventure you guys could share? Thanks!

#12336 7 months ago

For anyone with previous Spooky experience, for how long did Spooky release software updates for past titles? A recent software release added another adventure for Rick and Morty, no doubt there are plenty of possibilities for content left, but Spooky's priorities will no doubt shift once it's next title is released. Any thoughts?

#12337 7 months ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

For anyone with previous Spooky experience, for how long did Spooky release software updates for past titles? A recent software release added another adventure for Rick and Morty, no doubt there are plenty of possibilities for content left, but Spooky's priorities will no doubt shift once it's next title is released. Any thoughts?

We got a pretty nice update to Rob Zombie late last year, and that game's been out for a long time now.
Depends on the programmer and the hardware platform I think.

#12338 7 months ago

I never thought I'd suggest this, because I've always been adamantly anti-DLC, so I'm not going to suggest this. Instead I'm going to bring in an anonymous commentator to type the next line:

Anonymous commentator: In the case of Rick and Morty, and as far as future code updates are concerned that may include new episode content, I* would be willing to consider paying a DLC fee to keep programming new adventures for Rick and Morty a profitable endeavor for Spooky. *"I" may or may not refer to Pinsider Rum-Z as this is a purely theoretical discussion at the present time.

Thank you anonymous commentator, that is an interesting thought.

#12339 7 months ago

ben and scott both did updates long after games were finished in production. seeing how proud eric is im guessing if there are still fixes or modes he wants to see in the game, we will see updates after the game is no longer being made too.

#12340 7 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Anonymous commentator: In the case of Rick and Morty, and as far as future code updates are concerned that may include new episode content, I* would be willing to consider paying a DLC fee to keep programming new adventures for Rick and Morty a profitable endeavor for Spooky. *"I" may or may not refer to Pinsider Rum-Z as this is a purely theoretical discussion at the present time.

I would have zero issue paying for further code in Rick and Morty. Would happily do that to keep new adventures coming. Would even pay a subscription service for it. The more adventure modes the better.

#12341 7 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

ben and scott both did updates long after games were finished in production. seeing how proud eric is im guessing if there are still fixes or modes he wants to see in the game, we will see updates after the game is no longer being made too.

Agree regarding Eric’s (Scotts and all of Spooky’s) evident love for the game. Fingers crossed there are plenty of planned adventures/dimensions/wizard modes in the pipeline.

#12342 7 months ago

Has anyone hit all the lit shots in moonmen mode yet? It seems like they go solid once you hit them

#12343 7 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would have zero issue paying for further code in Rick and Morty. Would happily do that to keep new adventures coming. Would even pay a subscription service for it. The more adventure modes the better.

I would also happily pay for additional content after the initial completion of what they have planned so far, we've already spent so many thousands on the machine whats another $10 here and there. Maybe a once a year release for X amount would make it worth everyones while and pay for additional licensing if needed.

#12344 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Has anyone hit all the lit shots in moonmen mode yet? It seems like they go solid once you hit them

I've done it during multiball, but not single ball play. It was hard to take it all in during multiball. I look forward to going back and doing it in single ball play, but that might be difficult as I thought I read somewhere that you only have 45 seconds to complete those shots. If I'm not correct on that time limit I hope someone who is in the know chimes in.

#12345 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

They go solid once you hit them, but you also get points for hitting them again. The flashing targets indicate the shots left to complete. You got 50 seconds I believe to hit them and the song ends/gets interrupted by rick. Or you can have rick interrupt early once every shot is hit

#12346 7 months ago
Quoted from henning:

*******SPOILER ALERT*******

Don’t watch this unless you don’t care if you see it before you get this mode in the game.

This the same video footage (but from YouTube) *this is not from the game.

#12347 7 months ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Or you can have rick interrupt early once every shot is hit

If you complete a full set of orbs you get big points - but the mode does not end early. It sets all the orbs back to available.

#12348 7 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you complete a full set of orbs you get big points - but the mode does not end early. It sets all the orbs back to available.

I stand corrected

#12349 7 months ago
Quoted from henning:

I posted some on the R&M FB group.

#12350 7 months ago

I have had my game for a couple weeks now and yeah, it is fantastic. Kudos to the Spooky team. This game makes me laugh like no other. I am happy to report mine did play really well straight out of the box. Of course the more I have played it, the more I found things to fine tune. It hasn't taken much to improve from good to great. Besides the typical ball guides and flipper adjustments, an area that I wanted to improve was the consistency of the ball launches. A small percentage of the time the ball would travel a bit too far up the loop and sort of rattle its way to the upper flipper which would pretty much kill any chance of a successful skill shot. Other times, the launcher wasn't able to get it out of the lane and it would roll back down for a relaunch. I did spend a good amount of time tweaking the launch wireform and adjusting the launch power settings. I could never get it quite how I liked it.

I ended up designing a little helper that replaces the black ball trap post that is installed on the rail. I thought some of you might find it interesting. Assuming there is interest, I'll end up adding it to my pinside shop and probably make the 3d files available on thingiverse. The current version is perfectly functional. The balls now land in exactly the same location and feed the upper flipper the same every single time. I was also able to bump the launch power up a bit, so balls get back into the game a bit quicker now. I am probably going to refine the design a little further and see about getting some purple filament

20210411_183122 (resized).jpg20210411_183136 (resized).jpg20210411_183217 (resized).jpg
There are 16,588 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 332.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside