(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 404.
#12251 2 years ago

What angle is the game at with all the levelers screwed all the way in so that the back and front are as low as it gets? Is it in the manual?

New Sterns and Data East are/were at 6.5 with levelers all screwed in, right?

Are the leg holes in the cabinet in the same position as Stern games?

Not at home to check. Just wondering out loud.

#12252 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

What angle is the game at with all the levelers screwed all the way in so that the back and front are as low as it gets? Is it in the manual?
New Sterns and Data East are/were at 6.5 with levelers all screwed in, right?
Are the leg holes in the cabinet in the same position as Stern games?
Not at home to check. Just wondering out loud.

I am not sure what the default level is as described but I know its not 6.5 because I am at 6.5 with my fronts as low as they go and my backs are up some. I need to redo mine as the game sits a bit too low for some of my taller friends, but plan to keep it at 6.5 regardless.

#12253 2 years ago

I'm at about 6.9 degrees, and have zero issues hitting the left ramp with the right flipper (set at factory settings).

#12254 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm at about 6.9 degrees, and have zero issues hitting the left ramp with the right flipper (set at factory settings).

same here !

#12255 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I am not sure what the default level is as described but I know its not 6.5 because I am at 6.5 with my fronts as low as they go and my backs are up some. I need to redo mine as the game sits a bit too low for some of my taller friends, but plan to keep it at 6.5 regardless.

I set the game up with even levelers front and back when I got it back in the workshop, playfield read 6.0 degrees.

Most I ever had set to try out (front all the way in, rear all the way out) was 7.3 degrees.

Raised the back a little now, been playing at 6.2 degrees or so recently. Works great. New code. Went back to 27 flipper power (instead of 29 which was too much for the flatter attitude).

#12256 2 years ago

Maxed out in back and slammed in front I was at 7.45 Degrees.

Been flipping it at 6.66 for a while now and there are no issues with ramps.

#12257 2 years ago

I checked.

Front are all the way in (as they should be..)

Backs are as per the photo.

I’m at 7.1.

Plays fine. You need to nail the left ramp cleanly to make it up there but that’s how I think it should be.

rd

4A5CEB0E-36CB-48B9-B85A-98D9AB1C3684 (resized).jpeg4A5CEB0E-36CB-48B9-B85A-98D9AB1C3684 (resized).jpegAB364E3B-F64B-4E13-8385-D40AECD86091 (resized).jpegAB364E3B-F64B-4E13-8385-D40AECD86091 (resized).jpeg
#12258 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I checked.
Front are all the way in (as they should be..)
Backs are as per the photo.
I’m at 7.1.
Plays fine. You need to nail the left ramp cleanly to make it up there but that’s how I think it should be.
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

I think I need to check my floors! Still, shouldn't be that far off.

The legs in the front are all the way down (lowest) and the back are up high. I'll post a pic soon.

#12259 2 years ago

6.0 deg
27 flippers
2:20 - 3x S.S.

#12260 2 years ago

Here's where I'm at for 6.5.

PXL_20210404_035747255 (resized).jpgPXL_20210404_035747255 (resized).jpg
#12261 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I You need to nail the left ramp cleanly to make it up there but that’s how I think it should be.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly.

At times I wonder how many people who complain of not being able to hit the left ramp is because they aren't hitting a clean shot? It's definitely more towards the end of the flipper more than most ramp shots that are this steep. In other words, it's not a particularly easy ramp shot, but it's very makable when hit correctly, and unless there is some type of issue with a flipper binding up etc, there is no issue of being enough power.

#12262 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
At times I wonder how many people who complain of not being able to hit the left ramp is because they aren't hitting a clean shot? It's definitely more towards the end of the flipper more than most ramp shots that are this steep. In other words, it's not a particularly easy ramp shot, but it's very makable when hit correctly, and unless there is some type of issue with a flipper binding up etc, there is no issue of being enough power.

I'm not that terrible at pinball, so the issue for me isn't accuracy alone.

It's very clear when that ball goes up the ramp that it doesn't have a lot of power behind it.

I couldn't bother setting up a stand to take a video tonight, bit I did shoot this playing one handed.

This is exactly how 95% of my shots to the left ramp go. I don't know if it's the flipper switch, the flipper itself, or what. I know flipper flutter when balls come off the pop, so something isn't right here.

I've checked all switch games, bushings, etc. Everything seems fine. Only weird thing is that the flipper seems high is respect to the ball, but thought I read somewhere that it has to do with Spooky using a thinner pf?!?!

But the game isn't playable because I can't make that shot and start adventures.

Waited almost a year and half for this game, and pretty bummed that it's like this.

#12263 2 years ago

What Code are you on? Maybe try adjusting the flipper pattern setting if you are on the latest one?

Have you checked your EOS to see if it is closing a bit too early?
Flipper Gap? Checked for binding in the mech?

How about the flap on the ramp? how is the transition there? y right ramp benefitted from a bit of massaging.

Flipper button switches? My magnasave switch shifted a tiny bit in shipping and wasn't making great contact the first week I had mine.

As for the Flipper Height, word is Spooky is going to send the corrected bushings to us all once they are in production. I am not sweating that. Spooky kicks ass at Customer Service, imo.

Maybe download a Pin App to doublecheck that level you are using? I think you will shake this out in no time once you set our mind to it.

#12264 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

It's very clear when that ball goes up the ramp that it doesn't have a lot of power behind it.
I've checked all switch games, bushings, etc. Everything seems fine.

What's in the "etc" part? The most relevant thing to your problem seems to be the flipper EOS switches. Go into switch test mode and manually move the flipper up SLOWLY and see when the switch test reports the EOS switch being triggered, then continue and see how much flipper movement up you have left AFTER it says the EOS is engaged. There shouldn't be much. If there is, you need to adjust the EOS because your coil power is being cut prematurely leading to weak and unsatisfying flips.

#12265 2 years ago

I couldn't bother setting up a stand to take a video tonight, bit I did shoot this playing one handed.
This is exactly how 95% of my shots to the left ramp go. I don't know if it's the flipper switch, the flipper itself, or what. I know flipper flutter when balls come off the pop, so something isn't right here.
I've checked all switch games, bushings, etc. Everything seems fine. Only weird thing is that the flipper seems high is respect to the ball, but thought I read somewhere that it has to do with Spooky using a thinner pf?!?!
But the game isn't playable because I can't make that shot and start adventures.
Waited almost a year and half for this game, and pretty bummed that it's like this.

Hard to tell from here, but i think your left ramp need to come to the right so it's more centered on the meseeks insert.

#12266 2 years ago

Helped my friends unbox their #585!!! They were so happy...super fun times had by all!

6DDDF576-E35D-4E80-84AB-3E9C86DE0180 (resized).jpeg6DDDF576-E35D-4E80-84AB-3E9C86DE0180 (resized).jpegDDF3871B-4214-430E-936F-D1A211B57784 (resized).pngDDF3871B-4214-430E-936F-D1A211B57784 (resized).png11DC2FD0-3CCD-4D6D-A47E-ABBD834CEEF7 (resized).jpeg11DC2FD0-3CCD-4D6D-A47E-ABBD834CEEF7 (resized).jpegD78AC45E-94E3-48FB-973C-0AE2FF5BEBB6 (resized).pngD78AC45E-94E3-48FB-973C-0AE2FF5BEBB6 (resized).png469D819A-46D2-40C3-9218-F1C00670EDEB (resized).jpeg469D819A-46D2-40C3-9218-F1C00670EDEB (resized).jpeg05A33EEC-53AD-4DF4-A4E4-9EAE2B29BEBD (resized).jpeg05A33EEC-53AD-4DF4-A4E4-9EAE2B29BEBD (resized).jpegFFAA1070-F1F1-4737-ACA3-D6ABFF37DD36 (resized).jpegFFAA1070-F1F1-4737-ACA3-D6ABFF37DD36 (resized).jpeg85CEC9C7-A024-4B53-8A98-D13D3046819E (resized).jpeg85CEC9C7-A024-4B53-8A98-D13D3046819E (resized).jpeg
#12267 2 years ago

Only weird thing is that the flipper seems high is respect to the ball, but thought I read somewhere that it has to do with Spooky using a thinner pf?!?!

If you go back a few weeks in the thread, a few have machined down the top of their bushings to lower the flipper height.

Maybe give that a go.

You could also drop the height of the back legs a little ... see how you go.

rd

#12268 2 years ago

Quoted from rotordave:

If you go back a few weeks in the thread, a few have machined down the top of their bushings to lower the flipper height.

I chopped my bushings down and it helped way more than I thought it would - fwiw.

#12269 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I chopped my bushings down and it helped way more than I thought it would - fwiw.

Same.

Makes sense though when you think about it. Wedging. Driving the ball at the playfield, downward.

Lots of unnecessary drag, compared to being nicely in line (on plane) so that there's negligible drag.

ie. go too far the opposite way, with flippers too low or bands around bottom step, get air shots like playing golf.

#12270 2 years ago

New member of the ole’ family!!!

A753F31C-6EF8-4B13-80B2-5344660C3B09 (resized).jpegA753F31C-6EF8-4B13-80B2-5344660C3B09 (resized).jpeg
#12271 2 years ago

What pulse patter number are your flipper settings at, I recommend putting back to the default on the latest code, having lower (while beneficial on previous code) may cause issues on the latest.

#12272 2 years ago

Thank you all for chiming in and trying to help. Based on what you've said.

I slightly adjusted the EOS yesterday, but I'll try again using switch test this time. Should contact be made right at the end of the flip?

My flipper switch on the right was barely making contact, so I not only had to bend the blades, I also had to glue a plastic washer to the clear blade to increase tension. Can someone tell me if there's barely make contact, or do the blades noticeably move?

I'm also getting a lot of flipper flutter, and I'm thinking that might related to this weak flipper stuff. Anything I can do to diagnose the fluttering issue?

Thank you again again

#12273 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Same.
Makes sense though when you think about it. Wedging. Driving the ball at the playfield, downward.
Lots of unnecessary drag, compared to being nicely in line (on plane) so that there's negligible drag.
ie. go too far the opposite way, with flippers too low or bands around bottom step, get air shots like playing golf.

I like your comparison to golf! This issue reminds me a lot of topping a golf ball. Top of ball is hit, ball is forced downwards (with forward spin) and slams / digs into ground (or playfield).

My bushings were so long that I could slide a wooden paint stir stick underneath the flippers without them even making contact!

I was comfortable enough with this job to proceed with doing it myself. So I just used an inverted (and levelled) belt sander and a digital caliper. Shave, measure, shave, measure until I reached my target length (sounds like most folks are removing about 0.125" or 1/8" (3.175mm) from their bushings, I removed just a tiny bit more than that).

I would recommend shortening your bushings (or request shorter bushings from Spooky) for the following reasons:

* Reduce friction or downward force on the playfield
* Reduce tearing of flipper rubber bottoms
* Improve the likelyhood of making that Portal Shot
* Apparently - Reduced air balls on right ramp? - I haven't had one air ball since I made this change - but I also recognize that this could just be anectdotal evidence due to some very good luck!!! I would appreciate to hear from others to see if this issue has actually gone away since they made this change?

#12274 2 years ago

To be honest, I can't tell much of anything from this video since I can't see the flipper and where on the flipper the ball was hit, whether it was from a cradle or on the fly, etc.

#12275 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To be honest, I can't tell much of anything from this video since I can't see the flipper and where on the flipper the ball was hit, whether it was from a cradle or on the fly, etc.

It was from the cradle. I don't think I've had one shot make it on the fly in 4-5 days.

Curious, I understand the EOS should engage near the end of the stroke. But what about the flipper switches? How early/late should they engage. I've ready that they should have strong tension, and based in my set up on my other pins, it appears to engage early, and then firmly push the farthest blade.

With my right flipper, the blades just gently push each other. That mainly has to do with the fact that the flipper button itself doesn't push them out as much as the left flipper.

#12276 2 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

New member of the ole’ family!!!

She looks great! Nice smile.. hope she likes your R&M pin

#12277 2 years ago

Got my wife to take a quick video. A few of these shots are definitely clean.

I'm only making about 5-10% of these shots, so not able to get anything going with the game. Really sucks, but outside of this, I love this game.

I've adjusted the switches, and tried everything else. Starting to wonder if the problem is deeper.

Thoughts?

#12278 2 years ago

Thank you all for chiming in and trying to help. Based on what you've said.
I slightly adjusted the EOS yesterday, but I'll try again using switch test this time. Should contact be made right at the end of the flip?
My flipper switch on the right was barely making contact, so I not only had to bend the blades, I also had to glue a plastic washer to the clear blade to increase tension. Can someone tell me if there's barely make contact, or do the blades noticeably move?
I'm also getting a lot of flipper flutter, and I'm thinking that might related to this weak flipper stuff. Anything I can do to diagnose the fluttering issue?
Thank you again again

If you're having flutter, that usually is poor contact of the blades of the switch the flipper buttons push on to activate the flipper. That will also give you weak flips. Is it on all flippers or just the upper?

If you look at the topic index at the top of any page in this thread, under "TECH" there are some links to posts to help with that.

Of the ones listed in the index, this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/153#post-5962051

Seems the most likely to help with stuff you probably have on-hand.

#12279 2 years ago

I'm only making about 5-10% of these shots, so not able to get anything going with the game. Really sucks, but outside of this, I love this game.
I've adjusted the switches, and tried everything else. Starting to wonder if the problem is deeper.
Thoughts?

Yeah, that shouldn’t be happening. When I flip that shot, it whips up just fine.

#12280 2 years ago

And we are back!!!!

New code dropped on April 5!

rickmorty (resized).jpgrickmorty (resized).jpg
#12281 2 years ago

Wonder how many folks were getting the shakes not being able to post for 5 days....

#12282 2 years ago

Thoughts?

Looks like the ball is hanging up or catching on the ramp flap/transition.

#12283 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

Wonder how many folks were getting the shakes not being able to post for 5 days....

That's weird. I was able to post quite a bit. Not like Pinside is the only place to post about pinball in general or R&M in particular.

#12284 2 years ago

703 options submitted

#12285 2 years ago

707 options summitted on Wednesday

#12286 2 years ago
Quoted from klr650:And we are back!!!!
New code dropped on April 5!
[quoted image]

Prior to the latest update my flippers were rock solid with default settings. After the update I'm getting knock-downs again. Guess I need to change the settings.

#12287 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Prior to the latest update my flippers were rock solid with default settings. After the update I'm getting knock-downs again. Guess I need to change the settings.

UPDATE:
It turns out one of my EOS switch wires fell off, so the switch was not registering. This was the cause to my knockbacks, not the code update.

Same here. With the previous version, my flippers were dialed in perfectly. Zero knockdowns and plenty of power at lower settings. After the new update, I am having significant problems. I changed the settings to Aggressive and High hold strength. I thought that had cleared it up, but a fast return on the horseshoe knocked the right flipper from full up to full down and quivering. I made no other adjustments other than the code update. It's bad enough for me that after 15 minutes of playing I am going to revert back and wait to see how it pans out.

I did get to play the new mode a couple of times. I am really appreciative that the game continues to get significant additions. I did note, that there were no game sounds (switch hits, regular callouts, etc) during moonmen. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or a bug.

#12288 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Same. I guess the previous hardware ( eos setting) and software was matched well. But I like other things about this release so I will look at my EOS settings
and tuning the other SW settings before I revert
EDit: the main thing I want to fix that I didn't get before is the flutter
EDIT 2. I skipped the March release so my baseline comparison is with January release

#12289 2 years ago

Are there specific steps to revert code versions? I rolled back to 0311 by the normal update method. While at first it boots and starts a game, when I go into the coil setting menu, I can see the 0405 hold adjustments. A couple seconds after paging through the coil settings, the game reboots. It seems like there are now pieces of 0405 that are still around in the game after reverting the code. Not great.

#12290 2 years ago

Moonman is a great mode! The light show and music effects with the shots are awesome

#12291 2 years ago

Ooooh, new Moon Man Code!?

This is great news.

#12292 2 years ago

Dudes and Dudettes, I just played a game of R&M where I concentrated on getting through adventures, and for the first time ever, I filled all 10 spots on the Morty Adventure Card (starting at zero), and I made it to Rick Potion #9. And... then I promptly drained, scoring only 500,000 in the mode and ending my game, but wow! What a feeling! I love this game!

Oh, and during this same game I stacked Goodbye Moonmen with a multiball and scored 11,000,000+ in that mode and finished it. Very cool!!!

#12293 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Ooooh, new Moon Man Code!?
This is great news.

It’s glorious. All I need is a snake jazz adventure and my life will be complete. (Sorry wife and kids)

#12294 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Are there specific steps to revert code versions? I rolled back to 0311 by the normal update method. While at first it boots and starts a game, when I go into the coil setting menu, I can see the 0405 hold adjustments. A couple seconds after paging through the coil settings, the game reboots. It seems like there are now pieces of 0405 that are still around in the game after reverting the code. Not great.

Reset your settings with the utility menu - 03/11 didn't have "AGGRESSIVE" so it's breaking things.

#12295 2 years ago

The only thing that changed with the flipper control between the March release and the April release is that the 'default' hold power was turned down to make them heat up slower. Nothing about what controls how the flippers recover was touched between those two releases.

DEFAULT/MEDIUM is significantly lower duty cycle than it was in March.
AGRESSIVE/HIGH is almost exactly what DEFAULT/MEDIUM used to be - just VERY SLIGHTLY less (16ms pauses versus 14ms).

If you're still somehow getting a full knockdown, either your EOS didn't properly work (to trigger the recovery) or the "recovery pulse" time isn't high enough.

#12296 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Same here. With the previous version, my flippers were dialed in perfectly. Zero knockdowns and plenty of power at lower settings. After the new update, I am having significant problems. I changed the settings to Aggressive and High hold strength. I thought that had cleared it up, but a fast return on the horseshoe knocked the right flipper from full up to full down and quivering. I made no other adjustments other than the code update. It's bad enough for me that after 15 minutes of playing I am going to revert back and wait to see how it pans out.
I did get to play the new mode a couple of times. I am really appreciative that the game continues to get significant additions. I did note, that there were no game sounds (switch hits, regular callouts, etc) during moonmen. I wasn't sure if it was intentional or a bug.

To those who are having flipper issues, can you try bringing the pulse time number for the flippers back up to default, and see if that works?

Edit, I see Eric just mentioned the pulse time too. I had previously lowered my pulse time on earlier code to compensate for high strength, when I went to the new code, I was having issues (as I kept the pulse the same).... But when I put everything to default it seemed to have fixed everything, it seems more balanced now.

#12297 2 years ago

I'm occasionally getting two balls stuck behind the right target, it's happened 2x now in about 20 games. It happened during multiball so I didn't see what had caused it, might just be some bad luck or maybe the result of random or very light ball strike? Unfortunately, once two balls are stuck behind the right target, the weight of the balls seems to prevent the drop target from successfully dropping down during a ball search. Adjusting the strength of the drop target coil doesn't help and the glass has to come off. Is there something I should be checking to prevent this condition from recurring? Thanks!

#12298 2 years ago
Quoted from astroroxy:

703 options submitted

Quoted from MrCleanHead:

707 options summitted on Wednesday

Sorry folks. I picked up my machine and I no longer care about the rest of you.

I mean, got it updated. Thanks.

#12299 2 years ago

Hi Everyone -

I just got my machine the day before pinside went down so I haven’t had the time to read through the hundreds of pages of posts in this thread and was hoping someone can just educate me.

My flippers are good on power with the default setting, but I notice that when i try to “catch” the ball with the flipper it will often recoil and hit the ball back into play quite hard. I adjusted the EOS per the videos I’ve seen in the thread here as well. Is this normal? I’ve never had these types of flippers and this is my first spooky title. I was hoping that when the ball strikes the flippers while raised, that the ball would thud against it, but with these flippers depending on how I set the EOS I either see knock-down or the recoil and re-hit on the harder ball strikes. Is this recoil just something I need to get used to with these flippers?

Sorry if this was answered already!

#12300 2 years ago
Quoted from orlandu81:

Hi Everyone -
I just got my machine the day before pinside went down so I haven’t had the time to read through the hundreds of pages of posts in this thread and was hoping someone can just educate me.
My flippers are good on power with the default setting, but I notice that when i try to “catch” the ball with the flipper it will often recoil and and hit the ball back into play quite hard. I adjusted the EOS per the videos I’ve seen in the thread here as well. Is this normal? I’ve never had these types of flippers and this is my first spooky title. I was hoping that when the ball stuck the flippers while raised, that the ball would thud against it, but with these depending on how I set the EOS I either see knock-down or the recoil and re-hit on the harder ball strikes. Is this recoil just something I need to get used to with these flippers?
Sorry if this was answered already!

You can boost the hold power to reduce the 'dip and recover' - but you'll get more heat sooner and it may reduce the shot power.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
9,300 (OBO)
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/246?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.