(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 405.
#12151 3 years ago

I have not experienced the surprise multiball that people are talking about on the latest code but I'll keep an eye out for it.

#12152 3 years ago

Same, I've not experienced that at all.

On another note I had to reach out to support for the first time and was amazed at the speed of response. I emailed Sunday evening and got two emails back within 30min. I followed up Monday around 7 and got an almost immediate response back.

That's way faster than I'd expected (especially on a Sunday) and gave me some real warm fuzziest. Thanks Spooky team!

#12153 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have not experienced the surprise multiball that people are talking about on the latest code but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Last night I was padding the 'Chief Ball Fondler' score. Always put my buddy's initials in for that one and I like to keep it artificially high...it is good for a laugh whenever friends are over.

Anyway, I got several while playing for that. Perhaps that was what was triggering it?

#12154 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Last night I was padding the 'Chief Ball Fondler' score. Always put my buddy's initials in for that one and I like to keep it artificially high...it is good for a laugh whenever friends are over.
Anyway, I got several while playing for that. Perhaps that was what was triggering it?

Not kidding here, that was EXACTLY what I was doing too (except was going to put the wife's name in). But I was probably somewhere around 8 or 9 fondles when Morty suddenly yelled "Oh yeah" and then a second ball was launched. Nothing on the screen to indicate any type of multiball.

#12155 3 years ago

Maybe there's a hidden ball fondlers multiball that isn't announced after so many of them? Would actually make sense, but if so, needs a bit of an announcement lol.

#12156 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

This is my first spooky game - is there a way to cancel/FF past the bonus screen like other machines by pressing both flippers
Mine doesn't seem to do this

So, double tapping flippers during almost any animation cancels the animation. There are a few - like losing the ball during whirly dirly - that seem to have to play thru the final animation before it stops.

It does not appear to do that with the match game, however, you can skip if by just hitting start to start another game right away.

#12157 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So, double tapping flippers during almost any animation cancels the animation. There are a few - like losing the ball during whirly dirly - that seem to have to play thru the final animation before it stops.
It does not appear to do that with the match game, however, you can skip if by just hitting start to start another game right away.

I was able to cancel all animations by tapping flippers except for the bonus add up screen after each ball

#12158 3 years ago

I was able to cancel all animations by tapping flippers except for the bonus add up screen after each ball

Ohhh..misunderstood. Yeah, it should skip. I always skip the bonus add.

#12159 3 years ago

If it's a good stack of seeds, I never skip that, I listen to that seed pounding bonus and relish in it

#12160 3 years ago

For some reason I still can't skip the Adventure Card sequence, which I'd *really really* like to be able to.

#12161 3 years ago

Six duece duece just came through the portal

20210330_140501 (resized).jpg20210330_140501 (resized).jpg
#12162 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

For some reason I still can't skip the Adventure Card sequence, which I'd *really really* like to be able to.

Yes, totally agree, the adventure card sequence needs a skip feature!

#12163 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not kidding here, that was EXACTLY what I was doing too (except was going to put the wife's name in). But I was probably somewhere around 8 or 9 fondles when Morty suddenly yelled "Oh yeah" and then a second ball was launched. Nothing on the screen to indicate any type of multiball.

I was having an issue similar to this a few weeks after I got my game. Turned out an opto connector was loose under the pf.

#12164 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yes, totally agree, the adventure card sequence needs a skip feature!

I will throw my vote in for this to be skippable!

#12165 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I was having an issue similar to this a few weeks after I got my game. Turned out an opto connector was loose under the pf.

Interesting. I really didn't think anything of it as it was the first and only time that has ever happened in my game. I figured it was just a fluke, until I saw Guitarded's post. Ill take a look and see if I have anything coming loose.

#12166 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:Not kidding here, that was EXACTLY what I was doing too (except was going to put the wife's name in). But I was probably somewhere around 8 or 9 fondles when Morty suddenly yelled "Oh yeah" and then a second ball was launched. Nothing on the screen to indicate any type of multiball.

Quoted from guitarded:

That settles it! As soon as I get home from work tonight I’m fondling my balls!

#12167 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Same, I've not experienced that at all.
On another note I had to reach out to support for the first time and was amazed at the speed of response. I emailed Sunday evening and got two emails back within 30min. I followed up Monday around 7 and got an almost immediate response back.
That's way faster than I'd expected (especially on a Sunday) and gave me some real warm fuzziest. Thanks Spooky team!

meh, just shows that those guys have nothing better to do than sit around... probably with their right foot propped up on a pillow from a shattered heel 6.5 weeks ago... if I had to take a wild guess.

#12168 3 years ago

Quick tip (when you have the PF up for maintenance). Make sure the 2 lock nuts on the pop plunger are secure. I never checked mine and apparently one of them came loose which caused the arm to break loose.

IMG_3612 (resized).jpegIMG_3612 (resized).jpegIMG_3620 (resized).jpegIMG_3620 (resized).jpegIMG_3622 (resized).jpegIMG_3622 (resized).jpeg

#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Quick tip (when you have the PF up for maintenance). Make sure the 2 lock washers on the pop plunger are secure. I never checked mine and apparently one of the washers came loose which caused the arm to break loose.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don't put all those washers back on there. One is all that is needed, then the nyloc nut can work as well.

#12170 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

meh, just shows that those guys have nothing better to do than sit around... probably with their right foot propped up on a pillow from a shattered heel 6.5 weeks ago... if I had to take a wild guess.

Chris, I got nothing but appreciation for you. Hope you’re not down much longer!

#12171 3 years ago

Your loss, my gain?

Sorry to hear that man, sounds horrible.

#12172 3 years ago

It is what it is guys. It gave my time I need to spend with the kids and wife. I'll be back on my feet soon enough.

Thanks

#12173 3 years ago

It is what it is guys. It gave my time I need to spend with the kids and wife. I'll be back on my feet soon enough.
Thanks

Get well soon!

#12174 3 years ago

Sorry for any confusion, this is working correctly.
Flipper tap does FF through the bonus scree - it's just not as quick a FF as I expected.

#12175 3 years ago

shipper called, #578 dropping off tomorrow. so will be 8 days from loaded to unloaded

#12176 3 years ago

Joined the club today, and have had a bunch of issues I'm hoping I can fix easily.

Firstly, the pkayfieldbwas a pain in the ass to slip back in. Is it supposed to be that tight? Felt like something in the back of the cabinet was in the way, and have to almost force it into place to seat it.

Next, the glass doesn't go in straight, so you can't put the lockdown bar on. I had to shove it pretty hard while putting the lockdown bar in place. I can see the glass hangs over the right side slightly more

And lastly, the flipper is going crazy. First, the upper flipper will big out, then it starts doing it on the lower. Also, noticed if I try to catch the ball with the right flipper, there is some give, like a bit of a bounce to the flipper. On the left flipper, it's sturdy.

Here what happens just pushing the flipper.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#12177 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Joined the club today, and have had a bunch of issues I'm hoping I can fix easily.
Firstly, the pkayfieldbwas a pain in the ass to slip back in. Is it supposed to be that tight? Felt like something in the back of the cabinet was in the way, and have to almost force it into place to seat it.
Next, the glass doesn't go in straight, so you can't put the lockdown bar on. I had to shove it pretty hard while putting the lockdown bar in place. I can see the glass hangs over the right side slightly more
And lastly, the flipper is going crazy. First, the upper flipper will big out, then it starts doing it on the lower. Also, noticed if I try to catch the ball with the right flipper, there is some give, like a bit of a bounce to the flipper. On the left flipper, it's sturdy.

Thanks!

Looks like intermittent contact of the switch leaf for the second flipper at the flipper button on the right. Bend the back leaf a little closer to the front leaf so it makes more solid contact when you press the flipper button.

#12178 3 years ago

Thanks!

Check the rails holding the PF - make sure you didn't loose any screws and that nothing is blocking them
Make sure cab is square and wasn't damaged in shipping
Make sure rear wires are clear when pushing back PF
Make sure all cables/connections under the PF and in the backbox are in correctly and securely
Like poster said above, check leaf springs on flipper switch

#12179 3 years ago

ext, the glass doesn't go in straight, so you can't put the lockdown bar on. I had to shove it pretty hard while putting the lockdown bar in place. I can see the glass hangs over the right side slightly more

You know, I had this same issue when I first set my machine up. However, when I leveled the machine the problem went away. I wondered if it was because the cabinet was slightly tweaked due to not being leveled. The cabinet is pretty stout, so I didn't know how that could be the case, but since the problem seemed to resolve itself after leveling, I didn't think about it much more. I assume your machine is level at this point?

#12180 3 years ago

I also started having this problem - it was fine at first, but now the glass hangs out more on the right, and I have to jam the lockdown bar down. As noted, I think it may have to do with leveling as I just releveled mine (my playfield hanger doesn't rest against the front bar on the left side so it's a battle to get it level vs. the cabinet). Pretty weird though.

#12181 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like intermittent contact of the switch leaf for the second flipper at the flipper button on the right. Bend the back leaf a little closer to the front leaf so it makes more solid contact when you press the flipper button.

I'll give that a try.

As for sliding the of back in, should it be that much of a push? Seemed like there were things in the back of the cabinet blocking it from sliding in nicely. Had to almost force it in.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Can someone possibly share a pic of the flipper switch open and closed.

It will help greatly so I can figure out how much adjustment is needed.

As for the playfield fitting back in, is there supposed to be a little bit of a struggle? With my other games, it's pretty smooth, but with R&M it's like I can hear it crushing the black wire tubings.

Thanks in advance

#12182 3 years ago

I'll give that a try.

As for the playfield fitting back in, is there supposed to be a little bit of a struggle? With my other games, it's pretty smooth, but with R&M it's like I can hear it crushing the black wire tubings.
Thanks in advance

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/231#post-6173119

Mine was really tight, but I rearranged the black wire tubing as much as possible to accommodate the PF. I can still hear the PF touching the tubing, but it's not a struggle (and doesn't feel unusually tight).

#12184 3 years ago

A family mode like that would be amazing

#12185 3 years ago

I'll give that a try.
As for sliding the of back in, should it be that much of a push? Seemed like there were things in the back of the cabinet blocking it from sliding in nicely. Had to almost force it in.

Thanks in advance

When I first got my R&M, I could not slide the glass back in. The rear glass channel below the head was totally mis-aligned. I had to remove and screw back in straight. That fixed my problem with that for what it's worth

#12186 3 years ago

Can anyone post a pick of their flipper switch in the open and closed position.

Also, should the lower or upper flipper engage first when slowly pushing flipper button?

#12187 3 years ago

Can anyone post a pick of their flipper switch in the open and closed position.
Also, should the lower or upper flipper engage first when slowly pushing flipper button?

lower should engage first.

#12188 3 years ago

Can anyone explain how the diverter works? Should it be open or closed normally. I hear it move when the ball hits the right switch, but most of the time unless the ball is screaming it comes down the orbit, but I've also had it go to the garage when the portal isn't on.

Is there a time when the ball should not be able to go to the garage?

#12189 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I've been seeing this exact same behavior lately and I've been wondering the same.

#12190 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone explain how the diverter works? Should it be open or closed normally. I hear it move when the ball hits the right switch, but most of the time unless the ball is screaming it comes down the orbit, but I've also had it go to the garage when the portal isn't on.

+1 Would like to know as well, but mine also hits something. I hear a "thunk". (I guess this might be the diverter, but the portal is on)

So I'll have to check it out.

#12191 3 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

+1 Would like to know as well, but mine also hits something. I hear a "thunk". (I guess this might be the diverter, but the portal is on)

You can definitely hear when the diverter is moved, and yes, due to how those left lanes are, there is a rail the ball could be hitting. It makes sense if the ball doesn't have enough momentum it's going to come down the middle orbit rather than to the garage, but something still seems off at times. I'm sure none of this is new, it's just new observations as I learn more of how the game works.

#12192 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've been seeing this exact same behavior lately and I've been wondering the same.

Quoted from Boatshoe:

The diverter should be open with the garage is lit and closed otherwise (sending the ball through the inner spinner loop).

On my game, the diverter was installed incorrectly. One of the first things I needed to fix. If you are hearing a thunk, chances are yours suffers from the same issue mine did. Here are my posts on this topic. Good luck!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/163#post-5983450
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/164#post-5984455

#12193 3 years ago

I decided to give up my spot for the BloodSucker Edition I have a deposit on with Spooky. According to Pinside marketplace, $2900-2950 is the going rate over the last couple of months. Is that correct?

I'd be fine with $2500.

#12194 3 years ago

I also see occasions where the ball goes to the garage when the portal isn't lit. I think this happens when the right oribit switch doesn't register correctly. I haven't done any adjustment to that switch since pulling the game out of the box. It is on the todo list.

#12195 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I also started having this problem - it was fine at first, but now the glass hangs out more on the right, and I have to jam the lockdown bar down. As noted, I think it may have to do with leveling as I just releveled mine (my playfield hanger doesn't rest against the front bar on the left side so it's a battle to get it level vs. the cabinet). Pretty weird though.

I have the exact same issue.

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The diverter should be open with the garage is lit and closed otherwise (sending the ball through the inner spinner loop).
On my game, the diverter was installed incorrectly. One of the first things I needed to fix. If you are hearing a thunk, chances are yours suffers from the same issue mine did. Here are my posts on this topic. Good luck!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/163#post-5983450
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/164#post-5984455

based on your photos I am pretty sure mine is correct. Mine is at a 90 degree (9 o'clock) at rest and contracts fully.

#12197 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

based on your photos I am pretty sure mine is correct. Mine is at a 90 degree (9 o'clock) at rest and contracts fully.

Could be because your switch is not registering. Maybe a fast shot? Haven’t had the issue since installing the mag switch, but try playing around the angle of the switch wire.

#12198 3 years ago

578 I’m the house! First thing is I installed my portal green cup holder

479CC0E2-303B-4592-87DE-CAF42D0E1F5F (resized).jpeg479CC0E2-303B-4592-87DE-CAF42D0E1F5F (resized).jpeg
#12199 3 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

578 I’m the house! First thing is I installed my portal green cup holder
[quoted image]

#kneebanger

Looks awesome though

#12200 3 years ago

After my second ship flex plate developed a crack I decided it was time to install the metal flex plate. I covered the plate in white vinyl to match the base. Also installed a powerball for the captive ball to make it a bit more noticeable.

c186 (resized).JPGc186 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.