(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 405.
#12001 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Hitting the left & right ramp shots, the spinner shot and the garage shot have to be perfect otherwise you have no chance.

You mant want to read through the keyposts to see the adjustments some have been making.

My impression from chatting w/ Scott and from his interviews has been that the shots should be makeable, but that they should not be hungry. A missed shot should 'brick', not flow through anyway.

As such, the only adjustments I have made so far was to get accurate on my pitch (6.66, now was at 7.4 for 3 weeks!) and to tuck the end of the inner loop behind the post rubber a hair. That puts slow rollbacks into play about 50% more of the time.

Other than tha, set the Card to 0 and let'er rip!

#12002 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

-Is my left ramp installed in the correct holes? (see pic)

Looks consistent with where mine was originally installed (#175).

I moved my ramp over a bit to the right, but still not centered (or able to reach the pre-drilled holes). My goal is to center the ramp, but that's not trivial given the ramp design/cut and it's relation to the inner loop ball guide.

IMG_3543 (resized).jpegIMG_3543 (resized).jpeg

#12003 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Just got my machine and had a couple of more questions.
-The top right floor of my house is crooked, can that be adjusted? (see pic)
-Is my left ramp installed in the correct holes? (see pic)
Hitting the left & right ramp shots, the spinner shot and the garage shot have to be perfect otherwise you have no chance. Are there any adjustments to make it smoother or is this by design?[quoted image][quoted image]

I also repositioned my left ramp as far right as I could get it ( as post above ). My House was also really crooked, built by Stevie Wonder I think. I removed it, took it apart and put it back together so it was far more in line with building regulations. It's just a folded piece of plastic screwed to some 3d printed roof parts, I just repositioned a few screws, it's much better now.

#12004 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I also repositioned my left ramp as far right as I could get it ( as post above ). My House was also really crooked, built by Stevie Wonder I think. I removed it, took it apart and put it back together so it was far more in line with building regulations. It's just a folded piece of plastic screwed to some 3d printed roof parts, I just re positioned a few screws, it's much better now.

What screws to remove? I assume it’s not as difficult as removing the right castle in MMR?

#12005 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What screws to remove? I assume it’s not as difficult as removing the right castle in MMR?

There's only 2 screws holding the house on but you'll have to remove the left ramp and unplug the ship connector below the playfield as it feeds through the house. You'll possibly have to remove the right ramp too if you can't get at that screw on the right side of the house. I had it all apart anyway doing other stuff.

#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Hitting the left & right ramp shots, the spinner shot and the garage shot have to be perfect otherwise you have no chance. Are there any adjustments to make it smoother or is this by design?[quoted image][quoted image]

look at the "key posts" in this topic, it covers the adjsutements you are asking. Makes a big difference !

#12007 3 years ago

I’m in NYC for the week. Where can I play Rick and Morty?
Pm or post.
Thanks B*tch!

#12008 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’m in NYC for the week. Where can I play Rick and Morty?
Pm or post.
Thanks B*tch!

Barcade in Jersey City
Jackbar in Williamsburg

#12009 3 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:

Barcade in Jersey City
Jackbar in Williamsburg

Cool.
Hanging in Upper Saddle river (exit.172).
I’ll make a trip out soon while at the bottle king and white manna.
This east coast scene is another level/classy, but driving is like mad max all day.
pinaholic you still rolling that Mini Cooper?
Thx

#12010 3 years ago

I’ve spoken with one R&M owner who’s installed Pinstadiums on their pin, just wondering if others have and what their opinion is. I realise the light show on R&M is a big drawcard and wouldn’t want to overpower it with poorly used Pinstadiums, but the 2 times of played it on site, I’ve found it really dark.

#12011 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I’ve spoken with one R&M owner who’s installed Pinstadiums on their pin, just wondering if others have and what their opinion is. I realise the light show on R&M is a big drawcard and wouldn’t want to overpower it with poorly used Pinstadiums, but the 2 times of played it on site, I’ve found it really dark.

I’ve never had the need to put pinstadiums on any modern game.

#12012 3 years ago

There is no f'ng way I would put that on this.

#12013 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

It could be the environment you have your pins. I’d prefer to save money, but my eyes definitely benefit from having them. I only have mine set at 20-25%, just enough to fill in the darker areas.

#12014 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no f'ng way I would put that on this.

So what are you trying to say

#12015 3 years ago

Ooowee.... #563 shipped out today.

It probably would have shipped a week or two ago, but I ran into payment delays.

#12016 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'm trying not to be dense, but everything I've scared up online says you need a magnet to activate a reed switch.

I don't have anything against them, I just see them as overkill. I'll take spending $0 over $35 every time!

Shoot me a PM - I'll give you my phone and we can discuss all about MRS'....and why they cost so much....you can imagine they went unobtainum for a reason - that was due to cost.....

Matt

#12017 3 years ago

Just received my invoice for #660 if anyone is keep score these days. Can't wait to finally get some play in on this one.

#12018 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Just received my invoice for #660 if anyone is keep score these days. Can't wait to finally get some play in on this one.

so that puts #660 shipped in about 4 weeks, and the end of production about 10 weeks or mid-june. i assume tna 2.0 will be filler to keep assemby workers busy but i would imagine we see announcement for the next new title soon?

#12019 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so that puts #660 shipped in about 4 weeks, and the end of production about 10 weeks or mid-june. i assume tna 2.0 will be filler to keep assemby workers busy but i would imagine we see announcement for the next new title soon?

I thought they billed you two weeks before shipping?

#12020 3 years ago

65 more to go.....until 725

#12021 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

I thought they billed you two weeks before shipping?

You're right, I mis-read that.. I read "options" so that's actually potentially done by end of May. Seems like Spooky has the ability to create nearly everything in-house that isn't off the shelf playfield parts or components like displays, speaker amps, power supplies, etc. I think the control boards might be the only supply chain issue. In theory so long as they have parts, and have updated their production area for the next playfield they could probably start making the next game right away so long as it's been thoroughly tested.

#12022 3 years ago

#658 Checking in!
I got the email for the order 2 weeks ago, and got the invoice today!
I'm so excited, This is going to be my first Spooky pin.

#12023 3 years ago

Anyone know how many standard editions are going to be made?

#12024 3 years ago

I have 1 of them. Would like to find lollipop side rails for it.

#12025 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The TWIPYs would be a great venue to reveal a new pinball machine this year. Hope one of the manufacturers thought about that

#12026 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone know how many standard editions are going to be made?

According to ipdb.org:

"Of the 750 sold, 36 of the Standard Edition and 714 of the Blood Sucker Edition are being made."

#12027 3 years ago
Quoted from kingau:

#658 Checking in!
I got the email for the order 2 weeks ago, and got the invoice today!
I'm so excited, This is going to be my first Spooky pin.

Excited to see we're getting into the upper 600's (invoiced, anyway). I'm Standard #737, can't wait to get my game. Just a few months left

84years.gif84years.gif
#12028 3 years ago

Played a JJP GNR SE today at a major pinball retailer (60 games on display). Man, the flippers were lame. Game was just out of the box...hopefully the flippers can be dialed in (my DILE flippers felt way better). The R&M flippers with the latest/greatest code feel waaay better!

Since the GNR flippers were weak when cold (and PinMonk reports JJP flippers run hot), I asked if they ever install flipper fans for customers (since they mod the games with shakers, toppers, side art, etc.). My buddy who runs/manages the place looked at me like I was crazy...he never even heard of flipper fans! He has restored many games, played and sponsored many tournaments, and has been around pinball for quite awhile. FYI.

#12029 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Willy wonka needs them. Totally insufficient gi on a 8k game.

Rick and Morty doesn’t need them except for that swampy mode watch out for dem gators!
Al

#12030 3 years ago

Wow, so might get my options list for STD#738 (Spooky order 2000!) soon! Decisions, decisions... I joked with my wife it woulda been fun to get Butta on a "lowly" standard just to mess with people but we'll have to keep things simple. Either way it's looking like a fun pre-summer road trip just as we'd "planned" / hoped over a year ago

Are there clean ways to add a headphone jack without the DBV coin door? I mean electrically, perhaps into the the amp... I can add the physical jack somewhere discreet. I don't like the look of the DBV door otherwise and would rather not buy that just to add the drop-in headphone jack kits out there.

#12031 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Wow, so might get my options list for STD#738 (Spooky order 2000!) soon! Decisions, decisions... I joked with my wife it woulda been fun to get Butta on a "lowly" standard just to mess with people but we'll have to keep things simple. Either way it's looking like a fun pre-summer road trip just as we'd "planned" / hoped over a year ago
Are there clean ways to add a headphone jack without the DBV coin door? I mean electrically, perhaps into the the amp... I can add the physical jack somewhere discreet. I don't like the look of the DBV door otherwise and would rather not buy that just to add the drop-in headphone jack kits out there.

Did you order from a distributor?

#12032 3 years ago

BUG REPORT (using latest rm-gamecode-20210311.pkg)

I was in the "horn sounds" dimension (didn't look at the screen to read the name, sorry) when I started "Show me what you got!" mode. That mode kills the game sound effects, intentionally, I assume, so my horn sounds went away. But once the mode ended the game sounds stayed off, and there was only call-outs and music, no sounds from hitting targets, etc.

EDIT> This issue remained into the next game, had to power-cycle the game to fix it.

#12033 3 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

BUG REPORT (using latest rm-gamecode-20210311.pkg)
I was in the "horn sounds" dimension (didn't look at the screen to read the name, sorry) when I started "Show me what you got!" mode. That mode kills the game sound effects, intentionally, I assume, so my horn sounds went away. But once the mode ended the game sounds stayed off, and there was only call-outs and music, no sounds from hitting targets, etc.

I noticed a similar (but opposite) issue when watching this game stream. In this case the game sounds were fine, but the callouts stopped shortly after starting Roy and MB and immediately following "mystery is lit" callout. The callouts stay off for the remainder of the stream through multiple new game starts (link starts video at the start of the issue).

#12034 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I noticed a similar (but opposite) issue when watching this game stream. In this case the game sounds were fine, but the callouts stopped shortly after starting Roy and MB and immediately following "mystery is lit" callout. The callouts stay off for the remainder of the stream through multiple new game starts (link starts video at the start of the issue).

LOL! You beat me to it. That's my stream. It's happened multiple times now. I have to turn off the game to get the sounds back.

P.S. Sorry for my mush mouth. The whiskey was flowing pretty good that night. haha!

#12035 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

LOL! You beat me to it. That's my stream. It's happened multiple times now. I have to turn off the game to get the sounds back.
P.S. Sorry for my mush mouth. The whiskey was flowing pretty good that night. haha!

Nice! I enjoyed watching the gameplay. Thank you both for the stream.

#12036 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Played a JJP GNR SE today at a major pinball retailer (60 games on display). Man, the flippers were lame. Game was just out of the box...hopefully the flippers can be dialed in (my DILE flippers felt way better). The R&M flippers with the latest/greatest code feel waaay better!

When I played a GnR LE on location, the ball barely made it to the back of the UPF on a clean shot.. sometimes clean shot rolled back anyway. Game was only a couple weeks old at the time. I just figured it was JJP and their silly-low default flipper power settings. People who own the game seem to be turning the power up and it works OK. Sucks for location players, and yea, R&M with new code is definitely better.

#12037 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Nice! I enjoyed watching the gameplay. Thank you both for the stream.

Thanks! I'm lucky to have a wife that puts up with this crazy hobby AND is willing to play on the internet with me.

#12038 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

R and M is tough stone sober. It’s laughable how bad I am when I drink whiskey and play. Nice stream. Cheers!

#12039 3 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

Did you order from a distributor?

No, went direct from spooky during that mad dec2019 release day rush. First nib so figured it best to go with the source.

#12040 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

R and M is tough stone sober. It’s laughable how bad I am when I drink whiskey and play. Nice stream. Cheers!

Ohh yeah after a couple beers I'm absolute shit at this game. The game gets funnier but my scores tank.

#12041 3 years ago

#670 was also invoiced and paid for today, for those keeping track!

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#12042 3 years ago

I just got word #623 is shipping in the next day or so!

#12043 3 years ago

571 in the house. Game kicks my butt (as most do. Garage shot is cripplingly difficult.

One issue is that game randomly ends after a couple of balls every 6-8 games anyone else experience that?

#12044 3 years ago

My scoop is shooting straight down the middle roughly 1/4 times. How can I counter this if it's not consistent?

#12045 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

My scoop is shooting straight down the middle roughly 1/4 times. How can I counter this if it's not consistent?

Try changing the coil power setting for it in the Settings. I think the default is 16, try either increasing it slightly (20) or lowering it a bit and see which way you prefer (14).

#12046 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

At least you're able to make the center scoop! I'd say I get about 3 out of 4 shots on the scoop rejected. I've lowered it down, but I'm concerned if I go any lower the ball will start hitting the PF. I've also tried bending the scoop arch both up and down. Even tried adding some foam to the back. Nothing seems to help.

#12047 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

At least you're able to make the center scoop! I'd say I get about 3 out of 4 shots on the scoop rejected. I've lowered it down, but I'm concerned if I go any lower the ball will start hitting the PF. I've also tried bending the scoop arch both up and down. Even tried adding some foam to the back. Nothing seems to help.

It's weird, if I'm aiming for the scoop it get rejected, but if i hit the scoop while aiming elsewhere, it goes right in every time.

#12048 3 years ago

Picked up #570 today at the loading dock. Just got it into the garage and should be opening it up in a few minutes!

#12049 3 years ago
Quoted from klr650:

Picked up #570 today at the loading dock. Just got it into the garage and should be opening it up in a few minutes!

Nice to see a few more popping up in Canada!

#12050 3 years ago

556 here too. If the owner of 561 is on here thanks for switching me numbers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/241?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.