(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 405.
#1101 4 years ago

Your plastic protector broke?

#1102 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Your plastic protector broke?

more accurately it appears MY plastic protector broke.

I oddly did not get a text to learn this... just a pinside post

Ill swing down to fix it in a bit. Please shut off the game.

New code to upload also so it will be a 2fer trip.

#1103 4 years ago

Mine goes on line with the public tonight. Also league ending tourn as well. Come play at LCP if your in CO. Thanks for the adjustment ideas Hilton.

#1104 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'm special[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, from the beat up post rubbers and the deep ball track in the spinner shot guide that game has been getting played to death, but the playfield still looks glass smooth!

Wasn't long ago we were being told by other guys that dimpling was just how things would be, and even that "they all did that and self-leveled over time". Ha! Way to go and prove em wrong, spooky!

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Dang, from the beat up post rubbers and the deep ball track in the spinner shot guide that game has been getting played to death, but the playfield still looks glass smooth!
Wasn't long ago we were being told by other guys that dimpling was just how things would be, and even that "they all did that and self-leveled over time". Ha! Way to go and prove em wrong, spooky!

It’s weird right? Because the Stranger Things playfields seem quite dimpled. Some say this is normal, but I disagree.

#1106 4 years ago

I don't think that's Ball Tracking.

I think that's reflection.

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I don't think that's Ball Tracking.
I think that's reflection.

Agreed it looks like a reflection from the light above.

#1108 4 years ago

Is that a broken piece of the ramp in that 2nd to the bottom picture?

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that a broken piece of the ramp in that 2nd to the bottom picture?

Plastic protector. Looks like the upper piece from that Newb Target Plastic Protector.

#1110 4 years ago

I suppose it *could* be a reflection... but if I had to put money on it I'd say it's tracking: all of the metal pieces in the photos seem to display traces of tracking / polishing to some degree, including with the telltale grain and dirt patterns. That spinner rail shows the heaviest pattern right where the ball would tend to strike it from the flipper, before gradually trailing away. Not a big deal as EVERY game has this. Even the rails I've polished for my own restores show tracks relatively soon. As I said, it's just evidence that the games are being played A TON but that playfield still looks perfect! Metal wearing out before clear/wood?! Who knew it was possible?

#1111 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I suppose it *could* be a reflection... but if I had to put money on it I'd say it's tracking: all of the metal pieces in the photos seem to display traces of tracking / polishing to some degree, including with the telltale grain and dirt patterns. That spinner rail shows the heaviest pattern right where the ball would tend to strike it from the flipper, before gradually trailing away. Not a big deal as EVERY game has this. Even the rails I've polished for my own restores show tracks relatively soon. As I said, it's just evidence that the games are being played A TON but that playfield still looks perfect! Metal wearing out before clear/wood?! Who knew it was possible?

Dirt happens, and especially over a 1000 plays. No biggie either way.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

more accurately it appears MY plastic protector broke.
I oddly did not get a text to learn this... just a pinside post
Ill swing down to fix it in a bit. Please shut off the game.
New code to upload also so it will be a 2fer trip.

Doh sorry, it hid itself so I was thinking it was ok for now.

That machine is dialed in, love it.

#1113 4 years ago

Doh sorry, it hid itself so I was thinking it was ok for now.
That machine is dialed in, love it.

All good and thanks

#1114 4 years ago

I'm special[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, I'm not walking under a ladder until you're out of my zip code!

#1115 4 years ago

Wish I was in the club

#1116 4 years ago

Just had the best jackpot call out ever..
Rick - “Jackpot MotherF#@ker yea”

#1117 4 years ago

I was laughing at many of them. The taunting is the best.

#1118 4 years ago

Why do these post look like they were burned.

1B95086E-4D5D-4AE4-ADA4-1B0E640E3229 (resized).png1B95086E-4D5D-4AE4-ADA4-1B0E640E3229 (resized).pngE8937E99-19CC-491F-96DD-8BF94717944F (resized).pngE8937E99-19CC-491F-96DD-8BF94717944F (resized).png
#1119 4 years ago

Lots of plays, worn a bit and dirty.

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why do these post look like they were burned. [quoted image][quoted image]

um...
because the game is getting the shit played out of it on route.

The ball transfers dirt/grime/metal bits to them over time and chews them up.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

um...
because the game is getting the shit played out of it on route.
The ball transfers dirt/grime/metal bits to them over time and chews them up.

Yes I understand this. Lol. Just looks different from most wear post I have seen. Could be just the pics. Looks like a match was held there. Burned. I’m sure it’s just wear and dirt.

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes I understand this. Lol. Just looks different from most wear post I have seen. Could be just the pics. Looks like a match was held there. Burned. I’m sure it’s just wear and dirt.

guessing most posts you are thinking of are either cliffy stlye which dont wear, but only get dirty?
or Stern style which are harder (almost plastic like rubber) that are black so you dont realize.

These are a silicone type material. A bit softer but nice feel to them.

I prefer a cliffy type material for route, but those are thicker. Wish cliffy made a slightly thinner OD style.

#1123 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

guessing most posts you are thinking of are either cliffy stlye which dont wear, but only get dirty?
or Stern style which are harder (almost plastic like rubber) that are black so you dont realize.
These are a silicone type material. A bit softer but nice feel to them.
I prefer a cliffy type material for route, but those are thicker. Wish cliffy made a slightly thinner OD style.

Superbands do slim eurethane post sleeves in a variety of colours...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/39-6556-32

#1124 4 years ago

Gah,

Just seeing all this. Thanks for making it out and helping to pay off my vacation estate in Fiji!

I just got the DBA Coin Door on the machine yesterday morning along with the Knocker and Shaker. It is certainly a quality of life improvement. Can't wait for shaker code!!!

I have been keeping an eye on the intermittent flipper weakness, seems to happen when the light show is going full blast. Never had a power side issue with the machines up there, but not ruling it out (machine seven will be moving out next week). There are still a few Hold settings to go through too. And while its a different system sometimes those things happen on the spike games as well which could mean its a bus communication issue.

And yeah, wouldn't mind seeing pictures of your rail adjustment Hilton. If you shoot too high into that orbit its not so much the spinner but the angle that is going to reject. It can be super frustrating for sure. Seems fifty fifty I rip that loop or reject from a less than perfect shot...

Our posts also look that beat up. Ill probably switch to titans when they fail and see how long they hang on.

#1125 4 years ago

Those post rubbers look like the pinball life brand silicone which seem softer than the superbands type material. I’m not a huge fan of them because the seem to wear much earlier.

#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Those post rubbers look like the pinball life brand silicone which seem softer than the superbands type material. I’m not a huge fan of them because the seem to wear much earlier.

Eurethane is a tougher and harder material than silicone. More resistant to tearing. Superbands are made of Eurethane, or equivalent.

Silicone is a quite different material. The "feel" may be preferable for some, but the material is just not as durable. It gets nicked or pinched more easily. Nicks or flaws can tear more readily. It is softer and probably closer to the effect of softer rubber. "Grip" is a whole other discussion. Afaik Titans are Silicone.

These days I use almost exclusively Superbands

I might still consider using silicone or actual rubber though, on some older slower paced SS games.

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

intermittent flipper weakness, seems to happen when the light show is going full blast.

There's some system level stuff coming in the next update that will hopefully help this condition.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Why do these post look like they were burned. [quoted image][quoted image]

The silicone post sleeves on my HUO JP2 look the same at ~1000 plays.

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Mine goes on line with the public tonight. Also league ending tourn as well. Come play at LCP if your in CO. Thanks for the adjustment ideas Hilton.

Nice! Hope I can make it up this weekend. How did it hold up on day one?

#1130 4 years ago

Purple cliffy looks nice!

39FB23AE-4846-43AA-9242-0DC824BEE75C (resized).jpeg39FB23AE-4846-43AA-9242-0DC824BEE75C (resized).jpegBD413CD4-6368-4CF7-AF6F-D700B5BEECBF (resized).jpegBD413CD4-6368-4CF7-AF6F-D700B5BEECBF (resized).jpeg
#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Purple cliffy looks nice![quoted image][quoted image]

You mean Purple Titans?

#1132 4 years ago

I think light blue might look nice, but I get the choice of white by spooky. The game uses so much light, the white probably looks best to reflect the colored lights.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You mean Purple Titans?

Did Cliffy sell off the post sleeve business? Still has his own site - https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

#1134 4 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

I have been keeping an eye on the intermittent flipper weakness, seems to happen when the light show is going full blast. Never had a power side issue with the machines up there, but not ruling it out (machine seven will be moving out next week). There are still a few Hold settings to go through too. And while its a different system sometimes those things happen on the spike games as well which could mean its a bus communication issue.

How is the power bussed from the psu to flippers? Maybe needs a direct connection instead of being all the way down stream, getting the most voltage sag

#1135 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did Cliffy sell off the post sleeve business? Still has his own site - https://www.passionforpinball.com/colorsleeves.htm

TIL cliffy sells more than just metal playfield protectors! Thanks Eric.

#1136 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think light blue might look nice, but I get the choice of white by spooky. The game uses so much light, the white probably looks best to reflect the colored lights.

Exactly, white or transparent.

#1137 4 years ago

Any Rick and Morty machines in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs yet???

“I’m asking for a friend”

I can’t find any...

F4A69503-DDDC-4CF8-82E0-2047E1831310 (resized).jpegF4A69503-DDDC-4CF8-82E0-2047E1831310 (resized).jpeg
#1138 4 years ago

The latest episode of the Pinball Players Podcast has a really good segment about host Jeff Parsons' contribution to Rick and Morty as the voice of the narrator in the "Life of Roy" mode. Man, I cannot wait to laugh my ass off at all the great callouts in this game.
https://pinballplayerspodcast.libsyn.com/

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I can’t find any...

Brixies should have theirs <emphasis>VERY</emphasis> soon, I heard.*

*That is unless Rob doesn't put it out right away - I really don't know his plan. I just heard about his pick-up.

#1140 4 years ago

What's the latest # to be shipped? Are we in the 50s yet?

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

*That is unless Rob doesn't put it out right away - I really don't know his plan. I just heard about his pick-up.

Ok, thanks.

I’ll try to reach out to them.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You mean Purple Titans?

Nope. Cliffy post sleeves

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

What's the latest # to be shipped? Are we in the 50s yet?

Supposedly Kaneda is #50 so we will 100% know when we the 50s pins arrive.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

#1145 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

In one of the recent shop playfield adjustment videos the games on line were in the 40's. So #50 should be close.

#1146 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think he ordered a butter cabinet so it probably got pushed back some.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I think he ordered a butter cabinet so it probably got pushed back

Probably not a whole lot for the first butter run. #34 butter here. 2 weeks or less to take delivery.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I can’t find any...[quoted image]

I drove from Ohare to Madison, not a bad drive. You can do it!

#1149 4 years ago

I wrote some impressions up if you care to read about a mediocre player flipping the ball around a bit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-mod-co-development-thread/page/4#post-5497793

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

The Direct print cabinets just arrived about a week ago. I ordered them months in advance but they just didn't get them done. I placed a 2nd order before the first one even got here so finger crossed we wont wait on those again! One of those pains of not making every single part ourselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 300.00
$ 20.00
$ 28.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 20,229 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/23?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.