(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 404.
#11801 3 years ago

delete

#11802 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man my flipper rubbers are ripping already. Is this wear due to the raised bats and the way the ball hits them? I wouldn't say I've played it any more than any of my other games.

Assuming you haven’t lowered them yet? I would think the ball hitting the lower edge of the rubber would cause more wear than hitting in the middle. I’ve saw photos on here of worn rubbers where the wear is from the bottom up. Guessing yours is the same if you haven’t lowered yours.

0EC36DAD-1D09-4E6D-86CD-4110C75127F3 (resized).jpeg0EC36DAD-1D09-4E6D-86CD-4110C75127F3 (resized).jpeg
#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Got a question: where do the tibetan fans plug into the Spooky boards for +12vdc?
I haven't had much time at all this week to play/test other than a couple games on the beta code, which seemed fine. Gonna fire it up for a while tonight and see how things go. If I notice fade I do have some computer fans here to try, but was wondering where the power connector was.
I do think certain playstyles can adversely affect the temps, which may explain some variation between games. Things like lots of tap-tap-taps to deaden balls rolling up the flipper, flipper holds plus repeated cradle-separation re-flips til just enough oomph to succeed, holding while paging thu instant info, getting into MB frequently (not too hard to do on this game), etc.. may have something to do with it. A player just flipping on the fly may not generate the same temps.

Maybe this diagram will help...

Totally agree on playstyles AND play length. The 138M game I had was an outlier (for me, at least). Nevertheless, when you are having your shining moment and the flippers go limp because they are well over 200F, it's a bummer. fwiw, my play style is "on the fly"...on R&M, I'm in multi-ball very often...but again, unlike a serious tournament player, I'm not really managing the balls with a flipper hold. I'm just whacking away
25d20d10f8d97692b06dc8891d57a1a0d97051fa (resized).jpg25d20d10f8d97692b06dc8891d57a1a0d97051fa (resized).jpg

#11804 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You have Bowen Kerins on staff who can knock out my score of 138M without sweating. Has Bowen tried the new code? Seems like giving the code to someone who can play for 20-30 minutes straight (who works on R&M) is the way to go. Preferably with temp probes installed like I have.

Are you really asking if Eric is "giving the code" to someone whose job it is to test and help improve the game... and asking if I've played the game for more than 30 minutes straight?

Oy. You don't have much faith in us, huh?

#11805 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Are you really asking if Eric is "giving the code" to someone whose job it is to test and help improve the game... and asking if I've played the game for more than 30 minutes straight?

Bowen, I'm talking specifically about the new code. Not in general...thought that was obvious. Have you? Because if you have, and played one of your usual brilliant games and didn't experience temps above 200F, then something is clearly wrong with my specific machine! Again, I'm not here for drama. I'm here to figure out why my flippers go limp from high temps. Trust me, I wish I was enjoying the game and not trying to figure out what's wrong. Asking me about faith doesn't help...I could send you all the issues I've had with my game, but I don't want to waste your time!

#11806 3 years ago

Have tried to download the package 3 times. It always stops at 2.86 GB. I opened a Dropbox account and it gives me a 2 GB limit. Are you guys paying for a bigger limit to download this 3.26 GB file? I am 2 days into this attempt and my pinball won't work now till I figure this out. Beyond frustrated!

#11807 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Have tried to download the package 3 times. It always stops at 2.86 GB. I opened a Dropbox account and it gives me a 2 GB limit. Are you guys paying for a bigger limit to download this 3.26 GB file? I am 2 days into this attempt and my pinball won't work now till I figure this out. Beyond frustrated!

Took me a bunch of tries to get it to download; it kept stalling out when I downloaded to my computer. I saved it to my dropbox and downloaded it from there, but I guess I have a bigger data limit (haven't ever paid though). It wasn't dropbox previously, was it? Kind of a PITA.

#11808 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

Why not just save to your computer hard drive?

#11809 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

I downloaded straight to my computer. I don't have a dropbox account, its not needed.

#11810 3 years ago

My update process goes through every time with no problems, but I always lose the settings and scores.

Does anyone have any idea why this is?
Here it is said that the settings and scores are normally preserved during the update.

#11811 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

My update process goes through every time with no problems, but I always lose the settings and scores.
Here it is said that the settings and scores are normally preserved during the update.

Have you been deleting the 3 files output by the installation every time? (game_user_data/settings, log_) If they remain on the memory stick, not sure what happens. That's the only thing I can think of...

#11812 3 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Mine weren't affected. No idea why yours are. As Snaroff said, when I do it, I make sure the pkg file is the only file on the stick.

Curious, which port are you using? One of the blue ones?

#11813 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

First thing you should do is delete any and all of your previous attempts . Then try again with a direct download (don't use dropbox) . Make sure there is no previous attempts on your USB when you put the new code on it. Eject USB from computer before removing it.
Then follow the steps for updating game.

#11814 3 years ago

4th time. Exact same spot got 2.8 GB then just fails.

1615736279878790349524090288622 (resized).jpg1615736279878790349524090288622 (resized).jpg
#11815 3 years ago

Use direct download , do not save to dropbox.

#11816 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Have you been deleting the 3 files output by the installation every time? (game_user_data/settings, log_) If they remain on the memory stick, not sure what happens. That's the only thing I can think of...

Nope, no deleting here.
Always using a clean formatated stick with the new .pkg file only.

Mine weren't affected. No idea why yours are. As Snaroff said, when I do it, I make sure the pkg file is the only file on the stick.
Curious, which port are you using? One of the blue ones?

Don't think the port is important.
I use the first one of the 2, because it's the easiest to reach. And yes i guess it's a blue one (USB 3).

All in all it's not a drama, i just wondering why it's different on my machine.

#11817 3 years ago

So what do I do from here?

1615737730493770015265811180538 (resized).jpg1615737730493770015265811180538 (resized).jpg
#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:So what do I do from here?
[quoted image]

Click download
Then direct download. It will save to your download folder - see the down arrow at the top right of your browser, you can get to it by clicking on that.

#11819 3 years ago

Click "download", two options will then come up click on "direct download" .

#11820 3 years ago

Yea have tried that. For some reason it fails at exactly 2.8.

#11821 3 years ago

This is what I end up with every time. So weird.

161573875036681193316343596042 (resized).jpg161573875036681193316343596042 (resized).jpg
#11823 3 years ago

Is your screen on the whole time during the download? If my screen goes black during the download, it interrupts the download and I do not get a complete one. I make sure to touch the screen or move the cursor around every minute or so during the download so my screen is always on.

#11824 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Well, there’s a lot wrong with the games and it seems like the company did just realize that the flippers were high due to the playfield being thinner, so maybe you guys should be a lot more appreciative of suggestions and comments.

If it weren’t for this community we’d still have legs gouging our cabinets. OY.

Snaroff has been nothing but helpful on this issue.

Whelp off to figure out how to install magnetic reed switches since my right orbit registers about half the time.

#11825 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Well, there’s a lot wrong with the games and it seems like the company did just realize that the flippers were high due to the playfield being thinner, so maybe you guys should be a lot more appreciative of suggestions and comments.

Snaroffs delivery is awful and always has a condescending tone. I’m 100% sure his intentions are good, but the repetitive nature of the posts and delivery in this thread is painful.

#11826 3 years ago

I would ask that everyone remember, including Spooky, to not take anything personally. Aside from a few troll posts from people who don't even own the game, most of the conversation here is pretty constructive. It is just people trying to get the most out of their game. "We" do not know what is being done behind the scenes in detail. I do not take what Snaroff is asking as condescending, many of us are technical - hell I troubleshoot complex systems for a living as well - we are short and to the point and like exact details to try to diagnose problems. We are blunt and seem condescending because of this.

While they may be getting negative 'help me' emails/contacts from others, the people in this thread are actively trying to make things right. I think I speak for everyone here that we all appreciate that Spooky are willing to have this back and forth as well as the customers who are actively troubleshooting/testing to assist in some way.

I know that sometimes the negativity can get overwhelming to the creators, especially if their data does not match what is being given back to them. Just remember those people are trying to help however they can, they aren't trying to dog you. Troubleshooting communication over a forum is time consuming. We appreciate your diligence.

#11827 3 years ago

Yes.. I really like Spooky as a company; I love this game, and only bring things up here to help get them fixed. We know Spooky isn't Stern, and I assume they don't do "sample runs" or have the ability to test games for months, and that these games are more hand-made. I don't think anyone wants perfection, just to make the games as good as they can be.

If nobody said anything about issues, we'd still be on the old flipper code, and I definitely like the new code better. Spooky is awesome for following this thread and being willing to look at the stuff we bring up.

FWIW, we played a fair bit last night on new release code and the flippers seemed OK after multiple games. Maybe a bit more fade after multiball, but left ramp was still makeable. Still no knockdowns. This was with no fans. I will likely add some, but I do that to many of my modern games.

To the person who's download craps out at 2.8GB, how much free space is left on your drive?

#11828 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

off to figure out how to install magnetic reed switches since my right orbit registers about half the time.

Have you tweaked the switch blade? Mine activates if you so much as touch the switch; it never misses.

#11829 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Have you tweaked the switch blade? Mine activates if you so much as touch the switch; it never misses.

I’ve tried, but mine aren’t as sensitive and it appears that at times the ball is able to eek by and not activate it. I ended up buying four mrs switches as they appear to be a better overall solution.

I’m also considering installing the flipper and power supply cooling fans.

#11830 3 years ago
Quoted from Wake2wood:

4th time. Exact same spot got 2.8 GB then just fails.
[quoted image]

Use a download manager. It will resume interrupted/failed downloads so you don't have to start all over.

#11831 3 years ago

I think the latest code compensates for the ball missing the far upper-right switch:

"- Changed: The decision was made to move the loopback 'make' detection to the left switch for reliability"

Mine only triggers about half the time the upper loop is shot, so the update is appreciated. I noticed all my loop shots are now working.

#11832 3 years ago

With all of the positive changes occurring, it might be time to unbox my game !

#11833 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Whelp off to figure out how to install magnetic reed switches since my right orbit registers about half the time.

Quoted from Zablon:

I would ask that everyone remember, including Spooky, to not take anything personally. Aside from a few troll posts from people who don't even own the game, most of the conversation here is pretty constructive. It is just people trying to get the most out of their game. "We" do not know what is being done behind the scenes in detail. I do not take what Snaroff is asking as condescending, many of us are technical - hell I troubleshoot complex systems for a living as well - we are short and to the point and like exact details to try to diagnose problems. We are blunt and seem condescending because of this.
While they may be getting negative 'help me' emails/contacts from others, the people in this thread are actively trying to make things right. I think I speak for everyone here that we all appreciate that Spooky are willing to have this back and forth as well as the customers who are actively troubleshooting/testing to assist in some way.
I know that sometimes the negativity can get overwhelming to the creators, especially if their data does not match what is being given back to them. Just remember those people are trying to help however they can, they aren't trying to dog you. Troubleshooting communication over a forum is time consuming. We appreciate your diligence.

Thank you for understanding the spirit of my posts. I'm here to post/find problems and solutions. If some folks find my posts pedantic or condescending, that's unfortunate. Pinside isn't an ideal forum for solving complex problems, but it's what seemed to be working (and what Spooky seems to monitor and respond to). My recent posts with temp data are arguably relevant to the recent flipper changes. Since my posts seem to upset some of you, I'll direct my feedback to Spooky directly moving forward (Eric/Scott/Luke/Bowen). Already working directly with Eric and Luke has been very helpful on other build issues I've dealt with.

Hopefully the flipper issues will be fully resolved over the next weeks/months. Even though fans are a useful stop gap, they are ultimately a hack and shouldn't be used as a crutch. Fans should be used to optimize flipper performance, not make the game playable after 30 minutes. Again, maybe my game is an outlier. If so, Spooky will have to work with me to get my game within spec.

Back in 2017, I was an early adopter of CGC's AFM remake and unfortunately found some pretty major bugs in the flipper mechs/microcode. When CGC was alerted to the problems, we had FaceTime meetings where I was able to show them what was going on. Doug Skor (Vice President) and his top engineer was fully engaged...no BS, no Pinside drama. They were really appreciative of my help identifying the bug and had a great ticket system to track progress. They ended up redistributing new ROM's to all their customers to fix the flipper problems. All handled professionally, with clear leadership from Doug.

Quoted from metallik:

If nobody said anything about issues, we'd still be on the old flipper code, and I definitely like the new code better. Spooky is awesome for following this thread and being willing to look at the stuff we bring up.

Exactly. The new upcoming bushings are another example. If I, along with a small handful of others didn't speak up, we would all be developing adhoc solutions (or worse, not doing anything).

#11834 3 years ago

btw...I'm using this mini Vintage fan that fits nicely in the coin box location. It pumps out 105 CFM and is angled perfectly at both lower flippers. Virelands fans are certainly closer to the flippers, but are only rated @ 5.5 CFM. At the temps I'm seeing, the extra 100 CFM come in handy. I'm hoping this is a stop gap and won't be needed once the flipper code is optimized. I also removed the dollar bill panel to help with ventilation, since the only vent in my cabinet is in the rear.

IMG_3510 (resized).jpegIMG_3510 (resized).jpegIMG_3511 (resized).jpegIMG_3511 (resized).jpeg

#11835 3 years ago

Whew...it's hot in here! : ) Just a quick mention that we are caught up today with all rollover orders (last one ships to France tomorrow morning)...we think!?! So if we missed anyone's order - just shoot me a PM....but I believe we are caught up at the present....thanks everyone for your patronage!

Matt & Dan
M&M Creations
"Our Stuff is Attractive"

#11836 3 years ago

I installed the Pinball Mod Co Megaseed Tree today. I like it! Now to play some games.

20210314_170707 (resized).jpg20210314_170707 (resized).jpg
#11837 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

btw...I'm using this mini Vintage fan that fits nicely in the coin box location. It pumps out 105 CFM and is angled perfectly at both lower flippers. Virelands fans are certainly closer to the flippers, but are only rated @ 5.5 CFM. At the temps I'm seeing, the extra 100 CFM come in handy. I'm hoping this is a stop gap and won't be needed once the flipper code is optimized. I also removed the dollar bill panel to help with ventilation, since the only vent in my cabinet is in the rear.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's WAY overkill. When the fans are next to the coil, 5.5CFM is plenty to keep the Spooky coil temps down. You only need to keep them below about 130F overall, and that's more than enough based on extensive real-time temp testing with all Spooky machines and most Spike machines. The only machines that required more were the JJP ones because they had much hotter coils over time. What temps are you seeing with that giant fan?

That giant fan is exactly what Chuckwirt started with on Stranger Things when I started on this flipper cooling rabbit hole. He's using the Tibetan Breeze kit now. That should tell you what you need to know.

#11838 3 years ago

I want to put a testicle monster time cop figure somewhere.

Too bad no one has produced one yet. (This 3d pic is just art.)

d1a3e510a539349ce9e7e4b892058a42 (resized).jpgd1a3e510a539349ce9e7e4b892058a42 (resized).jpg
#11839 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's WAY overkill. When the fans are next to the coil, 5.5CFM is plenty to keep the Spooky coil temps down. You only need to keep them below about 130F overall, and that's more than enough based on testing with all Spooky machines and most Spike machines. The only machines that required more were the JJP ones because they had much hotter coils over time. What temps are you seeing with that giant fan?

My left flipper was 217F after a very long ball yesterday. Do you really think a 5.5 CFM will handle temps that high? The only way to know is to measure...everything else is just BS. In any event, I'm not a huge fan of overloading the coil stops with fans, so the adhoc powerful coin box fan just fits better for what I'm looking for. My gut says it's not overkill, but will see...you may be right!

#11840 3 years ago

The big fan will add some extra heat into the cabinet might not be noticeable but something to think about. If it gets too warm you're just moving around hot air in the cab.

#11841 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My left flipper was 217F after a very long ball yesterday. Do you really think a 5.5 CFM will handle temps that high? The only way to know is to measure...everything else is just BS.

Of course I know for SURE - I have the testing with real time temps on multiple machines to prove it. You can't BS about what you haven't even tried.

Quoted from snaroff:

In any event, I'm not a huge fan of overloading the coil stops with fans, so the adhoc powerful coin box fan just fits better for what I'm looking for. My gut says it's not overkill, but will see...you may be right!

Overloading coil stops? What are you talking about? The hex standoffs are a stainless steel alloy, at least as good or maybe better than the stock coil stop screws. If anything, they're an upgrade since they have more surface area touching the coil stop.

If you had a 217F flipper yesterday, that giant fan is much, much worse than the TB fan kit. Even when stressed with trapping and serial multiballs, no spooky TB kit cooled coil tested has shown more than quick 142F peak, and they generally are in the 110-120F range for most of the gameplay.

#11842 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you had a 217F flipper yesterday, that giant fan is much, much worse than the TB fan kit. Even when stressed with trapping and serial multiballs, no spooky TB kit cooled coil tested has shown more than quick 142F peak, and they generally are in the 110-120F range for most of the gameplay.

I haven't done any testing with the fan! I just received it...hours ago. The 217F was with no fan...please don't twist my words because I'm trying something different than what you happen to be selling. It's tough to reason with someone that thinks a 5.5 CFM fan can compete with a 105 CFM. Sure, maybe it's overkill, but it's highly unlikely to be worse. Much more likely it will help keep the coils cooler.

#11843 3 years ago
Quoted from wolv3:

The big fan will add some extra heat into the cabinet might not be noticeable but something to think about. If it gets too warm you're just moving around hot air in the cab.

I've had these mini Vornados in my home for years...they typically run really cool/quiet, but something to look out for.

#11844 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I haven't done any testing with the fan! I just received it...hours ago. The 217F was with no fan...please don't twist my words because I'm trying something different than what you happen to be selling. If you really think that a 5.5 CFM fan can compete with a 105 CFM, you must be smoking something!

It wasn't clear that you hadn't tested the fan with that temp you posted. There's no word-twisting intended or required. I have no idea why you think this is some kind of adversarial conspiracy or something, especially when YOU contacted ME asking to borrow a temp rig to test the new code (which I did in the interests of having more temp data on the new code).

And for the record, a 5.5CFM fan next to the coil manages the temperatures as well as required for consistent flipper performance - proven by many tests with realtime temps. That's the job here. The pre-and post-cooling temps with my kit are all over the internet with testers that streamed the temps as they played both before and after cooling. There's nothing to hide, and the results speak for themselves.

But I am interested to see what the giant fan does, so please post those temps before you return the temperature testing setup I loaned you.

#11845 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have no idea why you think this is some kind of adversarial conspiracy or something, especially when YOU contacted ME asking to borrow a temp rig to test the new code (which I did in the interests of having more temp data on the new code).

Drama and BS. I never contacted you to "borrow a test rig". I wrote you the following PM with 4 question...none of which asked you to send me anything. You responded OFFERING to send me probes in return for me filling out your spreadsheet.

PM:

Hey, I'm helping Eric test the Beta as well and after 20-30 minutes of continuous, it seems like I'm losing flipper power. What tool do you recommend for measuring the flipper temp? An infrared thermometer? What do you think the threshold for power loss is? Do you measure the coil or plunger heat?

Thx for any info,

Steve

#11846 3 years ago

How crazy would it be to just start a thread for R&M flipper discussion? Heat probes, fans, all that stuff.

Make a post here with a link. Make it a key post. All the really intelligent people can go there and continue their hard work.

Modders have made their own R&M threads, and other games have threads for bugs and issues.

Why not? People will find it if they have issues.
Please?

#11847 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

How crazy would it be to just start a thread for R&M flipper discussion? Heat probes, fans, all that stuff.
Make a post here with a link. Make it a key post. All the really intelligent people can go there and continue their hard work.
Modders have made their own R&M threads, and other games have threads for bugs and issues.
Please?

For heavens sake, yes please.

#11848 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Please?

I'm kind of curious to know how this flipper fade issue gets resolved. With fans, code, another coil etc.... This issue isn't just a spooky thing , It'd be cool if there were a factory solution. Seems to be more apparent/noticeable with more recent games like Stranger things, avengers and now apparently R&M.
As far as know stern isn't doing anything.

Had two WPC games where flipper fade was and issue, but found it was more a problem with mains power at the location.

#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

btw...I'm using this mini Vintage fan that fits nicely in the coin box location. It pumps out 105 CFM and is angled perfectly at both lower flippers.

Still too small.

I have one of these on order for my R&M.

I will be sure to post my results here.

Messages Image(2914550992) (resized).pngMessages Image(2914550992) (resized).png
#11850 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Still too small.

I have one of these on order for my R&M.

I will be sure to post my results here.

I hope you got it Powder Coated to match the cab.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Colts Neck, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/237?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.