(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 404.
#1051 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Staring to get the hang of this game. My typical game is now around 3mil with more regular big games near 10mil
Still have not been able to string together a blow up yet, but it is coming... I can feel it

Hoping to make it over to the launch party... unfortunately I have nowhere to practice playing RM so I probably will suck at it if I join in on the tournament.
17523D94-0BE4-44BB-95AB-A30A6A3E6935 (resized).jpeg17523D94-0BE4-44BB-95AB-A30A6A3E6935 (resized).jpeg

I heard Pulp Fiction is a rumored game out there... man that would be awesome if Spooky could obtain the rights to that one!!!

#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hoping to make it over to the launch party... unfortunately I have nowhere to practice playing RM so I probably will suck at it if I join in on the tournament.
[quoted image]
I heard Pulp Fiction is a rumored game out there... man that would be awesome if Spooky could obtain the rights to that one!!!

Please say hello and help me put a face to a name/ online name.
Always great meeting new pinball people/ making the connection to online and IRL.

The launch party is all about fun!

If you get there at the start/ before the start, then plenty of time to get a few in and get the hang of it before things get busy.

In my experience, these launch parties start out pretty chill and if you are there at start, you can get a few games in short order before the line gets linger.
Also, this is not a hardcore competition. All about fun, but IFPA for those that want to grab a few points also. Should be a casual but competitive for those that want it sort of thing.

Best part is getting the Spooky crew to relax and enjoy in the good times. Always puts a smile on my face to see the team seeing other enjoy the fruits of their hard work. It really is a special thing to experience in the community and I feel fortunate to have spooky so involved and part of the greater pinball family. They take this all to heart and are genuine pinheads. It is all about the feels.

well, outside of my goal to do better than Bug He will likely crush me, but i think I have a shot.

#1053 4 years ago

Back to a build question.

Does Spooky offer a version of anti-glare glass?

Does it come standard or do you need to look at 3rd party alternatives?

#1054 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please say hello and help me put a face to a name/ online name.
Always great meeting new pinball people/ making the connection to online and IRL.
The launch party is all about fun!
If you get there at the start/ before the start, then plenty of time to get a few in and get the hang of it before things get busy.
In my experience, these launch parties start out pretty chill and if you are there at start, you can get a few games in short order before the line gets linger.
Also, this is not a hardcore competition. All about fun, but IFPA for those that want to grab a few points also. Should be a casual but competitive for those that want it sort of thing.
Best part is getting the Spooky crew to relax and enjoy in the good times. Always puts a smile on my face to see the team seeing other enjoy the fruits of their hard work. It really is a special thing to experience in the community and I feel fortunate to have spooky so involved and part of the greater pinball family. They take this all to heart and are genuine pinheads. It is all about the feels.
well, outside of my goal to do better than Bug He will likely crush me, but i think I have a shot.

I will definitely say hello!!!

Looking forward to meeting fellow pin heads!

What time does the tournament start and what time can I get there to get a few games in?

#1055 4 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/529448038/posts/10156050046293039/

Homeboy Gavin is bringing some games to this, I think he might have a r&m too

E0166808-7A16-4C38-A67B-5FA1AEE5B59E (resized).jpegE0166808-7A16-4C38-A67B-5FA1AEE5B59E (resized).jpeg
#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

Back to a build question.
Does Spooky offer a version of anti-glare glass?
Does it come standard or do you need to look at 3rd party alternatives?

I've asked this question before the official club thread. Spooky uses a glass guy locally and he does not offer anti glare glass. So if you want it you would have to look into 3rd party.

#1057 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

https://www.facebook.com/529448038/posts/10156050046293039/
Homeboy Gavin is bringing some games to this, I think he might have a r&m too[quoted image]

Thanks for the info!

This will take place at the same time as the launch part though...

If he does have one and brings it do you know if it will stay over the weekend?

I could always go on Sunday.

#1058 4 years ago

Thanks for the info!
This will take place at the same time as the launch part though...
If he does have one and brings it do you know if it will stay over the weekend?
I could always go on Sunday.

Not sure if he’ll leave any games there, I think it’s just for this

#1059 4 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Not sure if he’ll leave any games there, I think it’s just for this

ok, thanks.

#1060 4 years ago

For those in the Minneapolis area, looks like Tilt is getting their game setup today

Not sure if I'll have time to make a trip up there before moving to Portland in a few weeks (speaking of, anyone know of any games heading to Portland in the near future?), but at least my buddies will be able to tell me what they think of it soon.

TIlt (resized).pngTIlt (resized).png
#1061 4 years ago

Has anyone unboxed a butter cabinet yet? I'm on the fence about it and would really like to see it.

#1062 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone unboxed a butter cabinet yet? I'm on the fence about it and would really like to see it.

I don't think any have shipped.

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't think any have shipped yet, but in case you haven't seen any previous butter cabinets, here's some pictures of a buttered up Rob Zombie.

20746293_1523808201013735_1654165323413962301_o (resized).jpg20746293_1523808201013735_1654165323413962301_o (resized).jpg20748289_1523808197680402_1841215534554855958_o (resized).jpg20748289_1523808197680402_1841215534554855958_o (resized).jpg20818966_1523808207680401_1944743367702487905_o (resized).jpg20818966_1523808207680401_1944743367702487905_o (resized).jpg
#1064 4 years ago

Pictures don’t do the butter cabinets justice, but here are a few of my ACNC.

081D6989-E1F4-4787-8F1C-46FA4E5A18F8 (resized).jpeg081D6989-E1F4-4787-8F1C-46FA4E5A18F8 (resized).jpeg1263EC62-3E5C-48A9-BDE3-501632E0D1CA (resized).jpeg1263EC62-3E5C-48A9-BDE3-501632E0D1CA (resized).jpeg27E89AAC-9D7D-4138-A975-C0E384F90A30 (resized).jpeg27E89AAC-9D7D-4138-A975-C0E384F90A30 (resized).jpeg699814AA-2F80-46A0-A08D-009EB1E3FCAE (resized).jpeg699814AA-2F80-46A0-A08D-009EB1E3FCAE (resized).jpeg
#1065 4 years ago

Is there a difference in the actual art prep or is it clearcoat over the normal material?

#1066 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is there a difference in the actual art prep or is it clearcoat over the normal material?

Direct print to the cabinet topped with automotive clear coat.

I said this before but for those asking today; I am #34 butter dipped and I havent received the shipped email yet.

99% I am part of first butter run so the answer is no, no butters ha e shipped yet.

I'll be blasting a ton of media once I receive mine so all that want to see, can.

#1067 4 years ago

I will definitely say hello!!!
Looking forward to meeting fellow pin heads!
What time does the tournament start and what time can I get there to get a few games in?

bar opens at 11am.

Tourney qualifying form noon-4pm
Playoffs to follow.

Depending on if stream is happening, we may be doing some gear set up (hopefully done well before noon)

#1068 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Direct print to the cabinet topped with automotive clear coat.
I said this before but for those asking today; I am #34 butter dipped and I havent received the shipped email yet.
99% I am part of first butter run so the answer is no, no butters ha e shipped yet.
I'll be blasting a ton of media once I receive mine so all that want to see, can.

Looking forward to that media blast!

#1069 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bar opens at 11am.
Tourney qualifying form noon-4pm
Playoffs to follow.
Depending on if stream is happening, we may be doing some gear set up (hopefully done well before noon)

Great!

I’ll plan to be there at 11am!

Can’t wait

#1070 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

For those in the Minneapolis area, looks like Tilt is getting their game setup today
Not sure if I'll have time to make a trip up there before moving to Portland in a few weeks (speaking of, anyone know of any games heading to Portland in the near future?), but at least my buddies will be able to tell me what they think of it soon.[quoted image]

Wow I never realized how nice the left side looks!

I must’ve overlooked that in the original pictures they sent out or I never zoomed in on it...

It looks so awesome!!!!

#1071 4 years ago

Yeah the left side is really quite "underappreciated" in most of the media teasers. I'm still trying to imagine what the gameroom layout would look like to favor one side or the other, and how to choose! So then I think "just route and share it in the wild for a while so it won't matter", but as mine will be one of the last built and I live in a small town, the market might not exist (excitement over; small / unestablished market). Even willing to share freely I'd say if anyone heads here for one of the many bourbon / distillery tours, look me up, but it'll be "old news" and everyone here will have played it by then.

So I still need to decide but what a great problem to have - Spooky really did a fantastic job with the artwork. I must admit to being slightly underwhelmed with the pf art at first, but the more I see it the more it grows on me and just works with the gameplay: it's flexible and they clearly made the right calls. Just a fantastic effort all around.

#1072 4 years ago

Anyone deal with this? Seems like those sick out too far.

Anyhow, whomever routes at blue moon in Madison needs to fix their left spinner. Skill shot rejected over and over.

0227201314_HDR (resized).jpg0227201314_HDR (resized).jpg
#1073 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Anyhow, whomever routes at blue moon in Madison needs to fix their left spinner. Skill shot rejected over and over.[quoted image]

kettchxxii is the owner of the game and I'm sure he'll sort out the spinner rejects. I had the same stuck ball on that game as well. I'd be curious to hear if it is happening on others as well? Not a huge deal as you can nudge it off but it does seem like it maybe sticks out further than it should.

Make sure to grab a burger while you're at Blue Moon! Some of Madison's best.

#1074 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yeah the left side is really quite "underappreciated" in most of the media teasers. I'm still trying to imagine what the gameroom layout would look like to favor one side or the other, and how to choose! So then I think "just route and share it in the wild for a while so it won't matter", but as mine will be one of the last built and I live in a small town, the market might not exist (excitement over; small / unestablished market). Even willing to share freely I'd say if anyone heads here for one of the many bourbon / distillery tours, look me up, but it'll be "old news" and everyone here will have played it by then.
So I still need to decide but what a great problem to have - Spooky really did a fantastic job with the artwork. I must admit to being slightly underwhelmed with the pf art at first, but the more I see it the more it grows on me and just works with the gameplay: it's flexible and they clearly made the right calls. Just a fantastic effort all around.

You'll be happy to know that we will be christening #34 with a bottle of Wellers 12

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

kettchxxii is the owner of the game and I'm sure he'll sort out the spinner rejects. I had the same stuck ball on that game as well. I'd be curious to hear if it is happening on others as well? Not a huge deal as you can nudge it off but it does seem like it maybe sticks out further than it should.

yeah, just nudge it loose. Already drained

I have seen a few stuck balls like that. Spooky uses nice protectors under the apron holder tabs. Does a nice job of making sure metal does not scratch pf, but a slow roller can hang up. Nudge and all good. Pretty rare.

Burgers are DANK!

#1076 4 years ago

Any pro-streamers want to come to I/O on Saturday to stream the launch party?

Deadflip has another obligation so cant make the trip.

I would welcome any others. Please PM if interested.

#1077 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Any pro-streamers want to come to I/O on Saturday to stream the launch party?
Deadflip has another obligation so cant make the trip.
I would welcome any others. Please PM if interested.

stpcore !!
Stream it man! Get some games in!

#1078 4 years ago

Anyhow, whomever routes at blue moon in Madison needs to fix their left spinner. Skill shot rejected over and over.[quoted image]

Strange I have not had a ball get stuck there.

#1079 4 years ago

The burger is fantastic. It said best burger so I had to order it.

Nice lineup of games here but I'm getting partial to r&m. It's between that and Wonka.

BTW even when my Morty is good enough to make the loop past the spinner much of the time it's hitting something at the top of the loop that catches it and makes it come back out the spinner. Then most of the times it drains down the right outlane.

The callouts are choice.

I think I'm just gonna camp here for a few hours and then io bar if anyone wants to watch a real amateur suck at pinball.

#1080 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I accidentally made the aprons fit perfectly against the holders which made the holder stick out a little to far lol. We are on it.

#1081 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I accidentally made the aprons fit perfectly against the holders which made the holder stick out a little to far lol. We are on it.

Stop being so precise! A little bumper on the leading edge probably solves it unless you're making a mounting position change. If these are the worst problems with a new game I'll take spooky to the dance.

#1082 4 years ago

Noticed something else. Not sure if this is a coil protection thing or what but the right flipper (might be both) on this game gets weak. Especially in multiball or when center scoop fires at it. I can see the flipper lose hold.

#1083 4 years ago

The burger is fantastic. It said best burger so I had to order it.
Nice lineup of games here but I'm getting partial to r&m. It's between that and Wonka.
BTW even when my Morty is good enough to make the loop past the spinner much of the time it's hitting something at the top of the loop that catches it and makes it come back out the spinner. Then most of the times it drains down the right outlane.
The callouts are choice.
I think I'm just gonna camp here for a few hours and then io bar if anyone wants to watch a real amateur suck at pinball.

That stall at top is just a need to bend the guide rail down a little above the spinner so it "exits" at a slightly lower trajectory to not hit the divertor edge in back.

Jim, I need to tweak mine just slightly more (super fast balls can hit it that spot) so if I get time, I can take some pics for you.

#1084 4 years ago

Noticed something else. Not sure if this is a coil protection thing or what but the right flipper (might be both) on this game gets weak. Especially in multiball or when center scoop fires at it. I can see the flipper lose hold.

I've experienced this as well. I figured it might be a low power issue at the location but I wasn't sure. I'll have to ask Jim how many amps they have dedicated to the pins there.

#1085 4 years ago

I noticed some flipper weakness on another machine, so it's not just that location. If a ball is flying fast and I flipped it, I would notice the flipper not firing all the way out, thus hitting the ball with a weak flip. It was especially noticeable during multi ball and seemed like the upper flipper was having the most trouble.

#1086 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I noticed some flipper weakness on another machine, so it's not just that location. If a ball is flying fast and I flipped it, I would notice the flipper not firing all the way out, thus hitting the ball with a weak flip. It was especially noticeable during multi ball and seemed like the upper flipper was having the most trouble.

Maybe an EOS thing? Seems like the hold power might be low.

#1087 4 years ago

Maybe an EOS thing? Seems like the hold power might be low.

Yeah might be it. I'm having an issue on my LOTR which might relate to the same switch, but I think it's the high power not firing correctly, as the flipper has trouble when hitting the ball from the sweet spot on the flipper.

#1088 4 years ago

That was happening on the one I played too, not sure if it was just getting overheated from all the gameplay?

#1089 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That was happening on the one I played too, not sure if it was just getting overheated from all the gameplay?

I hope it's something which can be adjusted. I like to play marathon sessions, and overheating issues after less than two hours of play would be a huge bummer.

#1090 4 years ago

Could the flipper be mechanically binding? Hilton had to rework his to get it working right.

#1091 4 years ago

Doesn't seem to be binding, seems just like it doesn't have enough hold power to block the ball. I know DE JP had some issue or some prevention for an issue with the raptor pit slamming the ball in to the flippers. Don't recall exactly what the situation was.

Just had the end of game match happen without audio, that was weird.

Hitting the loop twice is like winning the lotto.

kettchxxii I'll have your game paid for in a few more hours of this. Better come clean out the bill hopper. I'll head to IO bar in a bit and clean out the rest of my wallet.

#1092 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Could the flipper be mechanically binding? Hilton had to rework his to get it working right.

It could just be a coil sleeve improperly seated...

I’ve had that happen on 2 of my machines

#1093 4 years ago

Doesn't seem to be binding, seems just like it doesn't have enough hold power to block the ball. I know DE JP had some issue or some prevention for an issue with the raptor pit slamming the ball in to the flippers. Don't recall exactly what the situation was.
kettchxxii I'll have your game paid for in a few more hours of this. Better come clean out the bill hopper. I'll head to IO bar in a bit and clean out the rest of my wallet.

Is it a power supply issue possibly?

#1094 4 years ago

Honestly, these games are getting the snot played out of them.

I would guess Jim's game is up over 1000 plays already also.

That is a ton of plays in a short time!
People are seriously loving this game.

You will see when you get to IO, I need to rerubber posts already. lol

no joke, if this trajectory holds... it will be the quickest pay off on a pinball I will have ever seen.

I thought for sure once Madison saw a second and now 3rd R&M show up in town that we would see things slow.

I hope this holds for a few months.

#1095 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Is it a power supply issue... ?

when it comes to flipper strength,
ill wager spooky power supplies mean well.

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from Braindance:

I hope it's something which can be adjusted. I like to play marathon sessions, and overheating issues after less than two hours of play would be a huge bummer.

Actually to clarify, the issue I saw was the right flipper getting weak shooting up the left ramp NOT failing to catch when shot out of the center shot (this I’ve seen on Game of Thrones when the dragon shot kicks out).

#1097 4 years ago

In the spirit of not being all negative, I wanted to post a picture of the awesome light show, but I'm having two issues. The pic got super dark when I attached it, and I can't seem to find any way to delete a pic from my post at all, so here's two of the same picture.
20200224_192146 (resized).jpg20200224_192146 (resized).jpg

#1098 4 years ago

Need a plastic on top right turn around on ramp. Ball can jump out

#1099 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Actually to clarify, the issue I saw was the right flipper getting weak shooting up the left ramp NOT failing to catch when shot out of the center shot (this I’ve seen on Game of Thrones when the dragon shot kicks out).

I saw the weakness you are talking about and also just any time a ball hit the flipper at a direct angle when trying to hit it on the fly (not coming out of the scoop).

#1100 4 years ago

I'm special

0227201708 (resized).jpg0227201708 (resized).jpg0227201708_HDR (resized).jpg0227201708_HDR (resized).jpg0227201706_HDR (resized).jpg0227201706_HDR (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/22?hl=gasoline and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.