(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 405.
#11401 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers to your new game and birthday and also cheers on there being another 51 year old that owns this game and, I assume, loves this theme and show.

Oh yeah.. Been a fan since season 1. My daughter turned me on to it after a few episodes and I never looked back. Cheers!

So quick report after putting about 10 or more 4 player games on it tonight.

Flippers need adjustment like most others. I am getting knock back on both and the upper right occasionally wouldn't fire. Did a quick leaf bend and fixed the upper, need to play with the EOS for the lowers.

The launch power needs to be dialed up a little. Usually takes about 3 launches to get it on to the playfield. Incline set at 6.5

The meeseeks target needs to be moved to the left a touch. Already got a ball stuck behind it and under plastic.

The Beth, Jerry, Summer targets need a little adjustment to get them to register more. Only register on very hard shots right now.

Most of the shots are very clean and while hard, are makeable. I don't think I need to do much adjusting there. The center scoop works well with very few rejects. No adjustment needed there either.

Only thing I noticed that I need to look into is the left scoop from the portal shot does not exit clean and occasionally will bounce around instead of feeding the left flipper. I had it go down the left drain several times and had it bounce out of the left lanes to the center playfield area as well. Not sure whats going on there as everything appears lined up well, but haven't really inspected it because we all just wanted to play.

Had a fricken blast playing it tonight and everyone wanted to play "just one more" after each game. Game works very well and just needs a little dialing in. Luckily everything I need to do for the most part has been well documented by everyone in this thread. So easy stuff to do and I hope to tackle them this weekend along with the mods I have been hoarding away. That is if I can stop playing long enough to work on it.

Awesome job Spooky!!

#11402 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The Beth, Jerry, Summer targets need a little adjustment to get them to register more. Only register on very hard shots right now.

The Beth, Jerry and Summer targets have a piece of foam behind them that needs to be broken in a little bit.
Mine was like this when I first got it.
It will do it naturally the more you play, but If you push them back and forth a little bit it softens up the foam and they work great after that.

#11403 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

The Beth, Jerry and Summer targets have a piece of foam behind them that needs to be broken in a little bit

That’s really the only thing I’ve had to play around with on a Spooky pin.

That foam is just a little bit too thick/firm ... needs to be thinner/softer just a tad.

As you say, a little prodding does break it in.

rd

#11404 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

...and the MagnaSave switch. That needed aligning and adjustment to get better performance.

What adjustments are available for the magnasave? I’m not sure if I’ve ever saved a ball with mine, and not for lack of trying. I have a Solar Fire and Pharaoh so I know how to use this style of magnasave. But every time I’ve tried to save a ball with it in R&M, the ball just keeps on going. The ball is only slowed enough to tell the magnet has engaged, but never enough to actually stop the ball. Sure as hell has never flung the ball back into play like happens on my other magnasave games.

#11405 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What adjustments are available for the magnasave? I’m not sure if I’ve ever saved a ball with mine, and not for lack of trying. I have a Solar Fire and Pharaoh so I know how to use this style of magnasave. But every time I’ve tried to save a ball with it in R&M, the ball just keeps on going. The ball is only slowed enough to tell the magnet has engaged, but never enough to actually stop the ball. Sure as hell has never flung the ball back into play like happens on my other magnasave games.

Are yopu tapping or holding the magnet button? Or maybe tried both?

#11406 3 years ago

The strength of the magnasave also depends on how charged your anti-grav is. When you only have a few red bars it doesn't do much. Get that up to 1/2 or higher and mine will fling the ball to the left flipper.

#11407 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

The strength of the magnasave also depends on how charged your anti-grav is. When you only have a few red bars it doesn't do much. Get that up to 1/2 or higher and mine will fling the ball to the left flipper.

Yup, should snag it right out with a tap tap tap on the magnet button over to the left flipper

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

he strength of the magnasave also depends on how charged your anti-grav is. When you only have a few red bars it doesn't do much. Get that up to 1/2 or higher and mine will fling the ball to the left flipper.

I also see that the stock anti-grav charge configuration is to allow that charge to drain over time, so you have to keep hitting the flooble crank to keep the charge up, but there is an option you can set to stop that energy drain. Has anyone changed the setting to stop the energy drain?

#11409 3 years ago

Wait, so is filling the “battery” adding pulse strength to the magnet AND duration? I assumed the battery / flooblecrank worked the same as Solar Fire and Pharaoh with the lower playfield drop targets. The magnet is one strength, but completing drops / hitting flooblecrank fills up the “power bar” which lets you hold the magnet longer to either fling or capture the ball.

Is this not how R&M is supposed to work?

#11410 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks for the birthday wishes... Quick update. #544 works great upon delivery. A few small tweaks will be needed here and there probably but 100% playable as is. Will probably be absent until bedtime tonight, because.... well, you know.

Congrats! Btw, I didn't think "Peace Among Worlds" sticker was included on the coin door with the bill accepter panel?

#11411 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Congrats! Btw, I didn't think "Peace Among Worlds" sticker was included on the coin door with the bill accepter panel?

fyi...mine (#175) doesn't have the "Peace Among Worlds" sticker. Maybe Spooky started putting them on in later builds?

#11412 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I also see that the stock anti-grav charge configuration is to allow that charge to drain over time, so you have to keep hitting the flooble crank to keep the charge up, but there is an option you can set to stop that energy drain. Has anyone changed the setting to stop the energy drain?

Yes, in settings you can have the battery drain slowly or not drain.

#11413 3 years ago

from left

Quoted from fnord:

AHHH...This would explain some behavior. Sometimes it acts like nothing and others it will pull it right out of the lane. I was not aware of this aspect of it.

#11414 3 years ago

For anyone noticing that hitting the flooblecrank to charge seems to get less and less effective, check the nut that bolts it to the playfield. I noticed mine had backed off letting the rod slop around in the hole. This meant the force wasn't transferring all its energy into the newton ball

#11415 3 years ago

There's a public update available. Nothing exciting, just trying to fix some things.
You can grab it at https://soldmy.org/pin/rm/ for now, I'm sure spooky will update the game support page soon.

Build 2021.03.02:
- Fixed: Adventure & Gromfomite started together wouldn't turn on jackpot lights right away.
- Fixed: Pickle Rick starting from mystery WITH GMB would play music during GMB start.
- Fixed: Whirly horseshoe lights didn't update properly if GMB started during the mode.
- Fixed: Slam save video prevented during GET SCHWIFTY and [REDACTED] so the
main video is not restarted.
- Fixed: If the ball makes it back into the trough on the jam opto after the ball is in play
the game can deal with that now.
- Fixed: Ending multiball during Scary Terry resets the diverter handling,
regardless of 'hide' being active on the house.
- Changed: A flipper tweak suggested by Gerry Stellenberg to prevent unintended flipper hold.
- Changed: Flipper hold control adjusted based on testing data from Charlie.
- Changed: Font size on the bottom line of the large dimension change banner reduced
- Changed: Another shot at fixing up the "drain as schwifty ends" black hole.
- Changed: Several switches moved to a software (vs hardware) debounce to catch momentary closures better.
- Changed: The decision was made to move the loopback 'make' detection to the left switch for reliability

#11416 3 years ago

I was playing last night and noticed the last two digits of my score was 68. I thought the last two digits were a count of megaseeds collected (I had collected 18 megaseeds). Might be a bug in how scores are calculated?

20210303_212049 (resized).jpg20210303_212049 (resized).jpg
#11417 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I was playing last night and noticed the last two digits of my score was 68. I thought the last two digits were a count of megaseeds collected (I had collected 18 megaseeds). Might be a bug in how scores are calculated?

It is, and I thought I had it fixed. There's some loophole in bonus processing somewhere that can mess with the last 2 digits; but it doesn't come up often.

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I emailed Morgan prior to my game being built in order to buy 2 additional crystals. At that time I asked for the team to sign my backbox and asked if I could get the sticker with my game. They sent one with the game and I put it on myself.

#11419 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What adjustments are available for the magnasave?

The Button Switch for mine was misaligned and set to make contact way to deep in the throw for effective use. The Tap-Tap-Tap did nothing. So I shifted it and set the switch to make earlier and more solid contact.

Works like a charm, now.

#11420 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It is, and I thought I had it fixed. There's some loophole in bonus processing somewhere that can mess with the last 2 digits; but it doesn't come up often.

All right, that's it. Time to sell this piece of crap!

#11421 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Wife called me from work and I just raced home. Day before my 51st, happy birthday to me. Shit just got real... I'll post more pics and an unboxing report later.
[quoted image]

Perfect timing, - Happy Birthday !!
(...still remember the moment, when i got my R&M box )

#11422 3 years ago

I'm getting flipper knock downs after the latest 03/02 update and I was not before the update. My flipper holds setting is on high . Now the left flipper can not stop the slam ring from a drain and the right is also having problems. Is there an adjustment that I should make? I have not made any adjustment to the flippers except when I got my machine I changed the flipper holds to high. I assume everyone needs the flipper hold setting on high.

#11423 3 years ago

FYI. I recently dropped off another batch of my Blue Crystal Scoop Mod to Pinball Life. As always, thanks to everyone who have supported this project. I hope you are enjoying the mod as much as I enjoy seeing pics of your machines with the mod. Thank you so much.

RM Crystal Mod (resized).jpgRM Crystal Mod (resized).jpg
#11424 3 years ago

I played a bit on the new update today. For me I noticed the flipper occasionally sticking up seemed resolved, but haven't played long, had to track another problem.
The flipper knockdown seems to be better in the beginning and getting worse over time (maybe the heat?)
a adjusted the EOS with little impact. also have the hold strength on high from previously

#11425 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

FYI. I recently dropped off another batch of my Blue Crystal Scoop Mod to Pinball Life. As always, thanks to everyone who have supported this project. I hope you are enjoying the mod as much as I enjoy seeing pics of your machines with the mod. Thank you so much. [quoted image]

I just received my machine yesterday, and I plan to install the mod this weekend. It was the only mod I preordered because it looks so nice. Great work!

#11426 3 years ago
Quoted from ripple:

I'm getting flipper knock downs after the latest 03/02 update and I was not before the update. My flipper holds setting is on high . Now the left flipper can not stop the slam ring from a drain and the right is also having problems. Is there an adjustment that I should make? I have not made any adjustment to the flippers except when I got my machine I changed the flipper holds to high. I assume everyone needs the flipper hold setting on high.

Did you have a small bit of knockdown before or none at all ?
like if you hold the right flipper up when the scoop ejects does it drop down 1/3 of the way or more ?

#11427 3 years ago

Why do I feel that anything done to resolve the sticking up, will affect the drops in the opposite manner? I didn't have sticks until I tried to resolve my drops. Now I don't really have drops, but have tons of sticks.

#11428 3 years ago

BSE #519 in the house! Arrived today and looking forward to setting it up this weekend with my buds!

#11429 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why do I feel that anything done to resolve the sticking up, will affect the drops in the opposite manner? I didn't have sticks until I tried to resolve my drops. Now I don't really have drops, but have tons of sticks.

Did you try the latest update ? I was able to adjust the EOS more without it sticking today

#11430 3 years ago
Quoted from Gasoline:

BSE #519 in the house! Arrived today and looking forward to setting it up this weekend with my buds!

Sound like you have an awesome weekend in store for you and your buddies.

#11431 3 years ago

So do we have a way to save high scores on a separate USB or does the update reset the scores? Just wondering, thanks in advance

#11432 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

So do we have a way to save high scores on a separate USB or does the update reset the scores? Just wondering, thanks in advance

I did 2 updates and both times the scores were saved. Don't know if there is a manual way to save to usb

#11433 3 years ago

First off, I hate to be the dimple guy, so my apologies in advance, but I was just wondering how everyone's playfields are doing compared to mine? I've had my R&M set up for about a week now, and have about 50 plays on it. I just noticed I had one big "crater" down by the right sling as seen in the pic, with some other miscellaneous dimples around the sling and elsewhere on the playfield. I was expecting dimples of course, but the crater suprised me, as I thought most R&M owners were talking about how relatively dimple free their playfields have been over the past year. Is this just me and my playfield? With my lack of luck, I wouldn't be surprised.

20210305_045004 (resized).jpg20210305_045004 (resized).jpg20210305_045028 (resized).jpg20210305_045028 (resized).jpg

#11434 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

First off, I hate to be the dimple guy, so my apologies in advance, but I was just wondering how everyone's playfields are doing compared to mine? I've had my R&M set up for about a week now, and have about 50 plays on it. I just noticed I had one big "crater" down by the right sling as seen in the pic, with some other miscellaneous dimples around the sling and elsewhere on the playfield. I was expecting dimples of course, but the crater suprised me, as I thought most R&M owners were talking about how relatively dimple free their playfields have been over the past year. Is this just me and my playfield? With my lack of luck, I wouldn't be surprised.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I say if it doesnt affect the ball, play on! Dont look so close with the lights on?

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I say if it doesnt affect the ball, play on! Dont look so close with the lights on?

Honestly I originally wasn't. I was actually just sitting on the other side of the game room admiring my R&M. From where I was sitting, the light was reflecting off the back glass and onto the playfield by the right sling, and there was this oddball glint of light reflecting off the playfield right into my eye. I was like "Is that the reflection off a loose nut laying on the playfield?". So I walked up to it and I didn't see a loose nut. Then I was like "Hmmmm.. what caused that weird reflection? Noooo... it can't be". But... Yes, it did be. Oh well.

#11436 3 years ago

Oh yeah I have some scattered here and there.

#11437 3 years ago

I just had mine open last night doing some tweaks and I didn't see any. I was actually staring at it, all I saw were ball streaks.

#11438 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I’ve got a handful on mine after about 200 plays. Spooky playfields are definitely built better than Stern playfields, in my opinion. My TMNT with about the same number of plays is FULL of dimples. I don’t worry about it though. Just play and have fun. It’s what they’re built for.

#11439 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

First off, I hate to be the dimple guy, so my apologies in advance, but ... Is this just me and my playfield? With my lack of luck, I wouldn't be surprised.

Highly doubt it's just you! My PF looks great after hundreds of plays, however if you look really closely, in the right light, from an angle, you can see some dimpling (some of them so called "craters").

#11440 3 years ago

Cool guys. Thanks for the input. I agree the playfield quality out of the box was great, in fact the best I've seen. The playfield was glass smooth and you couldn't feel any seams between the inserts and the wood, and there was also nothing to feel from the artwork screening. Perfectly smooth! As we all know, you can feel inserts and art screening layers on recent Sterns due to the thin clear.

I previously noted that did have some airballs when I was tweaking everything in. Things seem to be settling down somewhat the more I play, so some of these large dimples (like the one I called a crater) could be from some of those initial stray airballs. I'll just keep playing and lovin' it, and if in the future once I get a consistent patina of dimples on it and the top layers of wood are compressed, I might disassemble the playfield and send it off to Kruzman for a clearcoat. This would be several years down the road (life span permitting, LOL).

#11441 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I might disassemble the playfield and send it off to Kruzman for a clearcoat.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't solve your dimple/crater problem. Ron is a master restorer and has done work for me (on an NOS Paragon PF). Dimples in the wood can't be fixed. Kruzman cleared PF's still dimple! Some dimple haters add PF protectors, which suck IMHO. The other solution is to avoid playing your game, which is also undesirable.

#11442 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

...of course i have dimples too, but waaaaay better than Stern & JJP.

#11443 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Unfortunately, that wouldn't solve your dimple/crater problem. Ron is a master restorer and has done work for me (on an NOS Paragon PF). Dimples in the wood can't be fixed. Kruzman cleared PF's still dimple! Some dimple haters add PF protectors, which suck IMHO. The other solution is to avoid playing your game, which is also undesirable.

Yeah, but once you get a million dimples all over the playfield, and the top layers of wood are compressed by all those hits, it dimples a lot less if you get it cleared at that point. I have a MM and WH2O playfield that were cleared after 10 years or more of use, and they've still gotten small dimples in them after the clear was applied, but nothing like a new playfield.

#11444 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, but once you get a million dimples all over the playfield, and the top layers of wood are compressed by all those hits, it dimples a lot less if you get it cleared at that point. I have a MM and WH2O playfield that were cleared after 10 years or more of use, and they've still gotten small dimples in them after the clear was applied, but nothing like a new playfield.

Good point, but it's my experience that the older PF's were also composed with harder woods (not just compression). My Stern LOTR (2004) looks better than my Beatles (no joke), and it has over 10,000 more plays! Both were purchased NIB, so I know where they've been.

#11445 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Good point, but it's my experience that the older PF's were also composed with harder woods (not just compression). My Stern LOTR (2004) looks better than my Beatles (no joke), and it has over 10,000 more plays! Both were purchased NIB, so I know where they've been.

Probably indeed true. I recently had Kruzman clear a NOS Dr. Who playfield that was brand new, never had one ball played on it. So it was at least 25 years old. Kruzman cleared it, I let it cure for a few months, then installed it, and that thing is almost completely dimple free, except for the tiniest little dimples. Now, there could be a couple of things in play there: #1, better initial materials. #2, 25 years of being allowed to totally dry out. Makes me wonder, but man, it is glorious. If only all playfields were that resilient to dimples.

#11446 3 years ago

My machine was delivered today, but when I try and boot it I get stuck on this screen...

3A5B6087-9E56-4CE7-BFB7-BEE127DEEB3F (resized).jpeg3A5B6087-9E56-4CE7-BFB7-BEE127DEEB3F (resized).jpeg

Any ideas?

Edit - ignore, loose connector at the back of the cabinet!

#11447 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

My machine was delivered today, but when I try and boot it I get stuck on this screen...
[quoted image]
Any ideas?
Edit - ignore, loose connector at the back of the cabinet!

I'm guessing the hard drive cable is loose and it's defaulting to bios? Hard drive is on the right side of the backbox.

#11448 3 years ago

Check and / or reseat all of the cables. I would start with the backbox / HD.

#11449 3 years ago

Did the update, is anyone else's giant heads not saying disqualified when you don't get get schwifty? Did I miss a post about it somewhere? Thanks

This was happening before the update and still now after..

#11450 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Check and / or reseat all of the cables. I would start with the backbox / HD.

Thanks - I'd checked all the cables in the backbox but found a loose power connector at the back of the cabinet which fixed it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.