(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 405.
#11301 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I agree. My launches are now perfect.
Why are the new wireforms no longer made?

People were whining to pinballlife that it should have been included with the game. It went away. That means either that Terry was either sick of the whining and pulled it, or Terry ran out because it was super-popular. I don't believe there's been a definitive answer.

#11302 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I installed that new launch wireform and it is so much better than the original. I was never able to dial the old one in, it always sometimes went around the u-turn. And even when it served it correctly it wasn’t always the same exact launch and the power setting needed made for a bit of a slow launch, which is unfortunate for a game where you launch so many times due to ball saves. With the new one I was able to pump up the power and it delivers the ball so quickly, and drops it the same exact way every time. It has made the loop and garage shots way more consistent to hit now that the serve is always exactly the same.
My ship bracket just broke again, that’s number two. If I could buy a permanent fix for that I will feel like I’ve got a perfect machine. No other issues at all at this point, love the game so much! It is playing so smoothly now, no flipper problems either, it’s wonderful.

Contact Toyotaboy for a metal ship bracket... it works perfectly!

Quoted from toyotaboy:

So metal ship brackets came in today.. this is how they come (raw metal printing, burn marks from the laser)
[quoted image]
After a few minutes of rubbing with a green scrubby, it shines up well
[quoted image]
I'm considering painting them black, or white (to match the 3d printed ship mount) so it blends in more.. Or is that cardinal sin like painting a stainless delorean? Either way, even though I have parts in hand it's going to take me a little bit to clean the surface of at least 40 parts.

#11303 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

He’s trolling in an owners thread.

I understand if you don't want to hear the well-reasoned, experienced advice I'm giving you to help you out, but it's not trolling. If I were trolling you, I wouldn't be trying to help you out with some perspective on your first-world problem.

I'm not hanging out here just for your personal upset, and I was done with you at the end of the last post where I agreed with you that Spooky should make the final judgments and said "take care," but you seem to be a sucker for misery and are trying to start something else? That's not for me. No thanks.

For the record, I make cooling kits for the flipper coils on Spooky games, and potentially some other things, so I try to stay on top of happenings in R&M pinball world. I also try to help people out with common pinball problems so my suffering in Hell will be lessened. Is that selfish? Probably, but Hell is hot, and time is running out.

#11304 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I understand if you don't want to hear the well-reasoned, experienced advice I'm giving you to help you out, but it's not trolling. If I were trolling you, I wouldn't be trying to help you out with some perspective on your first-world problem.
I'm not hanging out here just for your personal upset, and I was done with you at the end of the last post where I agreed with you that Spooky should make the final judgments and said "take care," but you seem to be a sucker for misery and are trying to start something else? That's not for me. No thanks.
For the record, I make cooling kits for the flipper coils on Spooky games, and potentially some other things, so I try to stay on top of happenings in R&M pinball world. I also try to help people out with common pinball problems so my suffering in Hell will be lessened. Is that selfish? Probably, but Hell is hot, and time is running out.

Maybe you can make the improved wireforms. I would order one!

#11305 3 years ago

I was also ready to purchase the improved wireform when it was pulled from the store. Happened so fast, and honestly, I didn't see all that much whining about it here, but maybe there was more going on behind the scenes? Anyway, wish it was available again.

#11306 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People were whining to pinballlife that it should have been included with the game. It went away. That means either that Terry was either sick of the whining and pulled it, or Terry ran out because it was super-popular. I don't believe there's been a definitive answer.

Guess I'm one of the whiners then. In a perfect world it would be included on games coming off the line now. It's very much superior to the original - like others have said, no more dialing the launch down to slow speeds to make sure it dribbles off the end of the original, just solid launches. Glad I was able to buy one and hope PBL makes it available again for the rest of you soon.

#11307 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe you can make the improved wireforms. I would order one!

Terry already has that product and I have no practical experience with making metal ball guides nor a R&M machine to test it, so Terry's probably the only hope.

#11308 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Guess I'm one of the whiners then. In a perfect world it would be included on games coming off the line now. It's very much superior to the original - like others have said, no more dialing the launch down to slow speeds to make sure it dribbles off the end of the original, just solid launches. Glad I was able to buy one and hope PBL makes it available again for the rest of you soon.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it is what it is. Hopefully Terry is just OOS from sudden overwhelming demand and it's coming back, not gone forever from people whining that it should be free.

#11309 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A few days ago, I mentioned my left ramp being installed in a less-than-optimal location (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224#post-6156541).
Since I had the glass off, I decided to see if I could improve it (which I was fortunately able to do). I had to get slightly longer screws (7/8")...for some reason, my ramp was fastened with a 1/2" on the right side and 1/4" on the left side. I was able to scoot the ramp forward and to the right, which opens up the shot and comes closer to aligning/centering it with the Meeseeks insert/arrow.
Hoping this will open up the left ramp shot for me...definitely looks more natural. Need to play test to be sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/173#post-5999424

About 3 months ago I found the left ramp scraping away at my interior art, and I trimmed the ramp for clearance, as well as moved the entry about 5mm to the right. I posted about it, and linked there above.

The left ramp was way too tough to hit before that, besides part of the reason was to give a bit of clearance to the left inside of the cab so it wouldn't keep getting marked up.

The fixing screw washer on the right wood rail for the shooter wireform, was overhanging and scraping the iterior decal as well. That led to the TNA style ramp as well though, with the bounce back up around the orbits issues that I was having.

The ramp adjustment though, for me that was an essential.

#11310 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

So wait, because of you I can't buy one but you did! Oh the irony
Wonder how many there are in the wild. You should sell it for.... $1500 (2k by Christmas).

#11311 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

The original ramp was essentially functional. Mostly. Ish. Trying to be positive

I finally made a ramp basically like TNA but with a deflector at end to stop orbits. Launch ramp issues and bounce offs from the backboard airboren rentry totally a thing of the past. I really don't get why the game wasn't made this way to start with?.

Seems like it would surely have been cheaper to produce, as well as more reliable.

Ours is not to wonder why.

#11312 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hell is hot, and time is running out.

My post was specifically addressed to Spooky and you took it upon yourself to jump in the middle of it and get snarky. Your unsolicited counsel is not required.

#11313 3 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

So wait, because of you I can't buy one but you did! Oh the irony
Wonder how many there are in the wild. You should sell it for.... $1500 (2k by Christmas).

I guess, man. I don't have facebook, so did no whining there. Just said "Would be cool if this was put into new games." here because it would be cool if it was put into new games since the original is poor design. But don't expect Spooky to ship them out to people. Seemed like a decently priced add-on for PBL to sell if people wanted them. Worked for me.

#11314 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/173#post-5999424
About 3 months ago I found the left ramp scraping away at my interior art, and I trimmed the ramp for clearance, as well as moved the entry about 5mm to the right. I posted about it, and linked there above.
The left ramp was way too tough to hit before that, besides part of the reason was to give a bit of clearance to the left inside of the cab so it wouldn't keep getting marked up.
The fixing screw washer on the right wood rail for the shooter wireform, was overhanging and scraping the iterior decal as well. That led to the TNA style ramp as well though, with the bounce back up around the orbits issues that I was having.
The ramp adjustment though, for me that was an essential.

Thanks for the link! It's reassuring to hear about other examples with the same problem/solution. Sounds like our motivations were slightly different (mine wasn't scraping the interior art), but I've been doing some testing and the shots to the left ramp are definitely a tad more forgiving. As others have highlighted, it's still a tough ball buster of a game, but the sum of all the little refinements makes it a much smoother experience when you are on your game. I've definitely noticed that I'm able to make more consistent progress as things get dialed in.

#11315 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I guess, man. I don't have facebook, so did no whining there. Just said "Would be cool if this was put into new games." because it would be cool if it was put into new games since the original is poor design. But don't expect Spooky to ship them out to people. Seemed like a decently priced add-on for PBL to sell if people wanted them. Worked for me.

I ordered one just before they dropped off the PBL website. I did it before my R&M arrived and got a black one. When my R&M arrived I saw the original wireform was purple and I was like "DOH!". I'd like to go back and buy a purple one, but they're not there anymore. If I ever do get a purple one, I'll have a black one that someone can buy from me.

#11316 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I guess, man. I don't have facebook, so did no whining there. Just said "Would be cool if this was put into new games." here because it would be cool if it was put into new games since the original is poor design. But don't expect Spooky to ship them out to people. Seemed like a decently priced add-on for PBL to sell if people wanted them. Worked for me.

No worries, I was just joking around.

#11317 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the link! It's reassuring to hear about other examples with the same problem/solution. Sounds like our motivations were slightly different (mine wasn't scraping the interior art), but I've been doing some testing and the shots to the left ramp are definitely a tad more forgiving. As others have highlighted, it's still a tough ball buster of a game, but the sum of all the little refinements makes it a much smoother experience when you are on your game. I've definitely noticed that I'm able to make more consistent progress as things get dialed in.

Hmm.... One could even say you’ve essentially made the game easier.

Ha ha just busting your balls like Scott Danesi does every time you press the start button.

#11318 3 years ago

im willing to trade my PBL wireform for a GnR CE and cash?

#11319 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

m willing to trade my PBL wireform for a GnR CE and cash?

What color is it?

#11320 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hmm.... One could even say you’ve essentially made the game easier.
Ha ha just busting your balls like Scott Danesi does every time you press the start button.

Thx...like I need another ball buster

Well, there were already 2 sets of holes on both ramps, so the precision of exactly where the ramp should be installed was already in question Trying to center the ramp wrt the PF arrows just seems kind of standard/obvious. Unfortunately, the right ramp has no hope of being centered...
IMG_3410 (resized).jpegIMG_3410 (resized).jpeg

#11321 3 years ago

The pretty purple, of course

20210301_143544 (resized).jpg20210301_143544 (resized).jpg
#11322 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So..mine is further right, and slightly more forward, but it isn't as forward as your changed one, and maybe slightly less right. I do see the screw holes, and it looks like mine sit in the 'original' location, but they clearly are not as far back or left as yours were.[quoted image]

So is yours moved from the factory? Mine is a January model and is way to the left.

#11323 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

So is yours moved from the factory? Mine is a January model and is way to the left.

Yeah, I didn't touch mine.

#11324 3 years ago

I did notice this in the menu, is this what people were talking about the swearing override? Just push and hold?

20210301_164505 (resized).jpg20210301_164505 (resized).jpg
#11325 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

This was what I was thinking... anything other than a straight press of the "Start" button. My 6yr old boy knows to hold down both flipper buttons to start Escape Nublar, but anything else would be pure dumb luck and fine by me.
Holding the right flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the left flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the Start button for 3-5sec would work
Even holding both flippers and selecting Adult in a menu would work
Any of these would not cross my boys thought patterns.

Glad I don't have to worry about it with my 15 year old step daughter, she capable of swearing enough in her own right. Then again a close mate had his family down to mine with his 3 year and 5 year and didn't bat an eyelid at the audio coming out of the machine the whole time and they must have been on R&M for half and hour solid lol.

#11326 3 years ago

Build sheet for #636 received today and already sent it back. Shits getting real

#11327 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Build sheet for #636 received today and already sent it back. Shits getting real

Almost time to get riggity wrecked, for science

#11328 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

The pretty purple, of course
[quoted image]

Anyone know when these will be back in stock at pinball life?

#11329 3 years ago

From what I heard, Terry stopped selling them because a bunch of people on Facebook were up in arms that they were for sale when they "should have been included in the new games". I'm not on Facebook so no first hand knowledge, but that's what I was told.

My guess is that once the R&M run is complete and no more new games are being built, they might reappear for sale. Just a guess but if Terry pulled them to squash the critisizm of Spooky, the argument that they SHOULD be included in their new games will have expired because there will be no more new games. At that point, it just becomes a mod which in reality, it has been all along.

Luckily, I bought one as soon as they were available before being pulled. Hopefully, they return for anyone that missed out.

#11330 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

I did notice this in the menu, is this what people were talking about the swearing override? Just push and hold?
[quoted image]

This looks positive, though the other way around would be ideal.

Swearing frequency NEVER
Hold launch button to toggle to ALWAYS

Is this possible?

#11331 3 years ago

Swearing frequency NEVER
Is this possible?

Wow does people really have this a problem with swearing in an adult cartoon series? :p

#11332 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Wow does people really have this a problem with swearing in an adult cartoon series? :p

My 6 year old boy plays my pinnys more often than I get the chance to. Should I not care about all the fucking curse words like shit fuck and cunt?

#11333 3 years ago

My 6 year old boy plays my pinnys more often than I get the chance to. Should I not care about all the fucking curse words like shit fuck and cunt?

I do not have a child myself, and its of course not my place to comment on how others choose to shield their kids, its their choice.
With this being a pinball machine based around an "adult" theme and with adult people being the ones buying them, I would say its natural that default is swearing and then having the option of turning it off.

But hey, drops in the ocean, as long as we can play

#11334 3 years ago

Swearing frequency NEVER
Is this possible?

It toggles it back and forth, so the other way around is possible.

#11335 3 years ago

In terms of the swearing...Spooky has went above and beyond in giving options for this single thing...I can't believe people are still asking for more...you knew what you were getting. Many more productive things they could be spending their time on.

#11336 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

From what I heard, Terry stopped selling them because a bunch of people on Facebook were up in arms that they were for sale when they "should have been included in the new games". I'm not on Facebook so no first hand knowledge, but that's what I was told.
My guess is that once the R&M run is complete and no more new games are being built, they might reappear for sale. Just a guess but if Terry pulled them to squash the critisizm of Spooky, the argument that they SHOULD be included in their new games will have expired because there will be no more new games. At that point, it just becomes a mod which in reality, it has been all along.
Luckily, I bought one as soon as they were available before being pulled. Hopefully, they return for anyone that missed out.

I was able to adjust my shooter wireform soon after unboxing my game, so I don't have a dog in this race (as vireland likes to say

That said, what is this..."cancel culture" applied to pinball parts? Sad shit...assuming your story is true. If there is an improved part for R&M, it's a shame it's unavailable. Geez. I'm hopeful this story isn't true and PBL is simply out of the part!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#11337 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I was able to adjust my shooter wireform soon after unboxing my game, so I don't have a dog in this race (as vireland likes to say
That said, what is this..."cancel culture" applied to pinball parts? Sad shit...assuming your story is true. If there is an improved part for R&M, it's a shame it's unavailable. Geez. I'm hopeful this story isn't true and PBL is simply out of the part!
[quoted image]

I want one... just cause I have done all the other mods and want something else to install on RaM haha.

NO complaints about spooky from me ! Love this machine !

#11338 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:My 6 year old boy plays my pinnys more often than I get the chance to. Should I not care about all the fucking curse words like shit fuck and cunt?

Leave cursing set to 100%. Give the kid an edge when he goes back to school.

#11339 3 years ago

I need to play more, but after 2-3 tries it seems my wireform is adjusted properly. I understand the new one was better design, but I don't understand the people complaining.

Also I decided to play for a while before adjusting the guide walls and in stock form all the shots are possible, with the garage shot being the most difficult.
I play for an hour yesterday and could still make the left ramp from a complete stop on the right flipper.

Playfield at 7 degrees. I think recommended was 6.9
What angle did you guys choose ?

#11340 3 years ago

I am really happy SPOOKY offers the swearing over-ride. My kids are 4,7, and 9. I wouldn't have bought the machine without the option. This weekend, when I traded my TNA the buyers wanted to check out Rick and Morty. I turned on the adult settings, but forgot to turn them off. Fast forward to the next day when my wife is doing laundry downstairs by the pins, and my 4 year old who hovers around her most of the time wants to play pinball. She turns on the machine, he picks out Rick and Morty, and immediately gets a ball stuck. 20 seconds later at max volume... HURRY THE F!@# UP!!! starts repeating. I'm in the dog house until I fix it. Thanks for the option SPOOKY.

#11341 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am really happy SPOOKY offers the swearing over-ride. My kids are 4,7, and 9. I wouldn't have bought the machine without the option. This weekend, when I traded my TNA the buyers wanted to check out Rick and Morty. I turned on the adult settings, but forgot to turn them off. Fast forward to the next day when my wife is doing laundry downstairs by the pins, and my 4 year old who hovers around her most of the time wants to play pinball. She turns on the machine, he picks out Rick and Morty, and immediately gets a ball stuck. 20 seconds later at max volume... HURRY THE F!@# UP!!! starts repeating. I'm in the dog house until I fix it. Thanks for the option SPOOKY.

Haha! You may be in the doghouse, but at least you gave the rest of us a good laugh. Even though I have no children in the house, I think it's a smart option to control the swearing.

Also, for anyone who is keeping track, #514 is scheduled for delivery today.

#11342 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In terms of the swearing...Spooky has went above and beyond in giving options for this single thing...I can't believe people are still asking for more...you knew what you were getting. Many more productive things they could be spending their time on.

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see Wulftown reply above.

Luckily some helpful people here were able to put my mind at ease, that when I do finally receive my Rick & Morty, I can have my 6 year old play it without the chance of him reciting all the colourful language to his grade 1 class mates.

And yep, I knew what I was getting

#11343 3 years ago

Finally had a chance to put some time on a Rick & Morty this weekend and it just didn't hit the mark for me. I've put my STANDARD spot up for sale if anyone's interested. Includes a few parts I'd already purchased in anticipation that I'll ship on my dime: anti-rattle tape, subwoofer spacer, and improved ball launch wireform.

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “Been sitting on spot #587 (Standard) for over a year and finally had a chance to play the game in person. It's a very impressive machine, but not what I'm looking for to add to the...”
2021-02-28
Kansas City, MO
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 332 times

#11344 3 years ago

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see wulftown reply above.
Luckily some helpful people here were able to put my mind at ease, that when I do finally receive my Rick & Morty, I can have my 6 year old play it without the chance of him reciting all the colourful language to his grade 1 class mates.

It wasn't that there was no merit. I thought you were asking for an additional thing that didn't already exist - but it wasn't aimed directly at you there's been multiple people asking for additional things related to the swearing the last week.

#11345 3 years ago

My ball launch wire form experience: was having rejects (ball hitting the end of the wire form and not dropping onto the playfield) the first day I owned the machine. I did a slight bend at the wire form exit and turned down the ball launcher power by 1 notch (all done on the first day of ownership), and I've not had a single reject or issue ever since (game 371, delivered in early December 2020).

#11346 3 years ago

All these posts, I was hoping for a code update.

#11347 3 years ago

Sorry to hear you thought my query had no merit. It seems Spooky thought it did as in their wisdom they created a solution, see wulftown reply above.

Just wait until the kid explains the roach and rat dismemberment to their teacher from the Pickle Rick mode.

#11348 3 years ago

My ball launch wireform has always worked flawlessly, from day one. Makes me think that means everyone's could, if they simply figured out what's wrong, especially as opposed to ordering a replacement part before even getting the game!

#11349 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

My ball launch wireform has always worked flawlessly, from day one. Makes me think that means everyone's could, if they simply figured out what's wrong, especially as opposed to ordering a replacement part before even getting the game!

I’ve never had one issue on mine and there’s 800+ Games on my machine.

Hope I didn’t just jinx it.

#11350 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I’ve never had one issue on mine and there’s 800+ Games on my machine.
Hope I didn’t just jinx it.

+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 28.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/227?hl=jsa2145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.