(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 404.
#11251 3 years ago

epthegeek TheNoTrashCougar SpookyCharlie

I’m yet to receive my R&M, hopefully arriving in Australia in a month. Can’t wait!!

I have one query regarding the adult mode. I realise it can be switched via the internal menu and I’ve also heard it can be scheduled per time of day, but would it be possible/viable to trigger the adult mode via a long press of the start button or holding both flipper buttons? Ala Escape Nublar on JP.

I have both young and old in the house, so easily being able to trigger the adult mode without having a newbie fumbling through a menu would be advantageous.

I have zero understanding of the difficulty of such things, but thought it could be a handy feature.

Thanks!!

#11252 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

epthegeek thenotrashcougar spookycharlie
I’m yet to receive my R&M, hopefully arriving in Australia in a month. Can’t wait!!
I have one query regarding the adult mode. I realise it can be switched via the internal menu and I’ve also heard it can be scheduled per time of day, but would it be possible/viable to trigger the adult mode via a long press of the start button or holding both flipper buttons? Ala Escape Nublar on JP.
I have both young and old in the house, so easily being able to trigger the adult mode without having a newbie fumbling through a menu would be advantageous.
I have zero understanding of the difficulty of such things, but thought it could be a handy feature.
Thanks!!

Sounds like it's time for Spooky to reveal their proximity sensor keyfob! Turn on your preferred mode just by standing in front of the machine with your keys in your pocket. Reverts to family mode when you walk away.

#11253 3 years ago

Received my game Friday and have been enjoying it, but I’ve already had the glass off more than any other game. I’ve experienced everything from flipper issues, switches not activating, and the connector to the ball save timer constantly coming loose. I suppose these can be tweaked or fixed, but what a pain.

Also, what’s up with the cloudy captive ball area? You can’t even see that there’s a captive ball there, probably could’ve been a stand up target.

Hopefully I can get it to a point where I’m just focusing on the game instead of issues because what is there seems really fun.

#11254 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Also, what’s up with the cloudy captive ball area? You can’t even see that there’s a captive ball there, probably could’ve been a stand up target.

Did someone maybe forget to take the protective plastic off the bottom side of the printed plastic on yours? The ones I've seen in pics look reasonable.

#11255 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did someone maybe forget to take the protective plastic off the bottom side of the printed plastic on yours?

Mine is cloudy too. I looked at it closely and it looked like a frosted pattern was etched into the clear plastic over the captive ball. I assumed it was supposed to be this way.

#11256 3 years ago

Anyone exeriencing the Magna Save not working intermitently? Usually its on the first press for some reason - hit it once doesnt work, second time works. Have checked switch and its fine.

#11257 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Mine is cloudy too. I looked at it closely and it looked like a frosted pattern was etched into the clear plastic over the captive ball. I assumed it was supposed to be this way.

Can you post a picture? It sounds like the protective plastic was left on the underside by mistake.

#11258 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did someone maybe forget to take the protective plastic off the bottom side of the printed plastic on yours? The ones I've seen in pics look reasonable.

It does look like that could be the case.

182447BD-B88F-4D87-A6F9-30D5D3840280 (resized).jpeg182447BD-B88F-4D87-A6F9-30D5D3840280 (resized).jpeg8AAEC0A0-2616-4BC1-835D-71DEA9CFF317 (resized).jpeg8AAEC0A0-2616-4BC1-835D-71DEA9CFF317 (resized).jpeg
#11259 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

It does look like that could be the case.[quoted image][quoted image]

99% sure that's the protective plastic still on the underside of the printed plastic. You'll have to take that plastic piece off to get enough access to remove it. Definitely post if you verify that's the case. Sounds like others got the same deal.

#11260 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like it's time for Spooky to reveal their proximity sensor keyfob! Turn on your preferred mode just by standing in front of the machine with your keys in your pocket. Reverts to family mode when you walk away.

Thats oddly not a horrible idea granted complicated. Be interesting to see a simple flipper button code say (left,left,left, rt) to enable/disable. Any kid that could crack the setup likely could already swear anyway lol.

#11261 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

epthegeek thenotrashcougar spookycharlie
Thanks!!

There an option to change from your selected % to 0 and back holding the launch button on the service menu home screen

#11262 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats oddly not a horrible idea granted complicated. Be interesting to see a simple flipper button code say (left,left,left, rt) to enable/disable. Any kid that could crack the setup likely could already swear anyway lol.

It was a joke, but I don't think it would even be that complicated to implement, really. A little time-consuming to test and some new menu options required, but the hardware is pretty straightforward and already exists.

But really, if you're going to go to the trouble, just put biometric fingerprint sensors in the flipper buttons. Then you could have handicapped games where the machine keeps track of player ongoing handicaps and adjusts the game automatically per player so in a multiplayer game, everyone is playing at their ability level and the field is transparently evened automatically.

#11263 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But really, if you're going to go to the trouble, just put biometric fingerprint sensors in the flipper buttons.

Or .......

Just hold the left flipper button in while you press the start button.

Cost ..... $0.00

rd

#11264 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or .......
Just hold the left flipper button in while you press the start button.
Cost ..... $0.00
rd

But how does it know what your playing ability is from that?

And how many seconds until your kids learn that and are playing the profane version and stocking their language bunkers with projectiles for later?

#11265 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But how does it know what your playing ability is from that?

The question was “how can we turn on adult mode easily”

I don’t think playing ability has anything to do with that.

My answer solves it easily. Say, hold the button for at least 5 seconds before pushing the start button.

No random child is going to do that.

rd

#11266 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

My answer solves it easily. Say, hold the button for at least 5 seconds before pushing the start button.
rd

No random child, but one living in the same house? Most kids are a dangerous combination of curious and smart (or at least persistent, if not actually smart). I think it would be a pretty short period of time before they figured it out, and failing that, just googled to see how to turn the swears on they occasionally heard.

#11267 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I like it. Kind of what I was thinking.

#11268 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

This was what I was thinking... anything other than a straight press of the "Start" button. My 6yr old boy knows to hold down both flipper buttons to start Escape Nublar, but anything else would be pure dumb luck and fine by me.

Holding the right flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the left flipper while pressing Start would work
Holding the Start button for 3-5sec would work
Even holding both flippers and selecting Adult in a menu would work

Any of these would not cross my boys thought patterns.

#11269 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No random child, but one living in the same house?

Or maybe give up this puritanical notion that kids need to be protected from words?

They hear much worse daily on the schoolyard.

#11270 3 years ago

PinMonk - Do you own a Rick & Morty?

#11271 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was a joke, but I don't think it would even be that complicated to implement, really. A little time-consuming to test and some new menu options required, but the hardware is pretty straightforward and already exists.
But really, if you're going to go to the trouble, just put biometric fingerprint sensors in the flipper buttons. Then you could have handicapped games where the machine keeps track of player ongoing handicaps and adjusts the game automatically per player so in a multiplayer game, everyone is playing at their ability level and the field is transparently evened automatically.

Or, how about this; some sort of touch screen on the lock bar with a finger print sensor! Spooky could call it a Pinbar, no wait, SpookyBar!

#11272 3 years ago

I think his point is if it is in the code, you can google how to change it.

but on that note, if you were THAT concerned, probably shouldn't own one...or..you need a force field. If your kids are smart enough to google how to turn it on, they are going to hear profanity whether you own a R&M pinball or not.

#11273 3 years ago

A few days ago, I mentioned my left ramp being installed in a less-than-optimal location (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224#post-6156541).

Since I had the glass off, I decided to see if I could improve it (which I was fortunately able to do). I had to get slightly longer screws (7/8")...for some reason, my ramp was fastened with a 1/2" on the right side and 1/4" on the left side. I was able to scoot the ramp forward and to the right, which opens up the shot and comes closer to aligning/centering it with the Meeseeks insert/arrow.

Hoping this will open up the left ramp shot for me...definitely looks more natural. Need to play test to be sure.

IMG_3400 (resized).jpegIMG_3400 (resized).jpegIMG_3407 (resized).jpegIMG_3407 (resized).jpegIMG_3403 (resized).jpegIMG_3403 (resized).jpegIMG_3408 (resized).jpegIMG_3408 (resized).jpeg
#11274 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A few days ago, I mentioned my left ramp being installed in a less-than-optimal location (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224#post-6156541).
Since I had the glass off, I decided to see if I could improve it (which I was fortunately able to do). I had to get slightly longer screws (7/8")...for some reason, my ramp was fastened with a 1/2" on the right side and 1/4" on the left side. I was able to scoot the ramp forward and to the right, which opens up the shot and comes closer to aligning/centering it with the Meeseeks insert/arrow.
Hoping this will open up the left ramp shot for me...definitely looks more natural. Need to play test to be sure.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The length of screws might be on purpose because mine were the same.

#11275 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

The shorter screw is necessary because it will protrude through the wood into the top of the subway and stop the ball! This happened to me after I put in a longer screw and I'm like what the hell, why won't the ball eject? Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

#11276 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I noticed those original factory holes (second set) on my game and wondered myself why they moved it to the left also. I'm sure there was a reason though not sure.

#11277 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Quoted from arzoo:

The shorter screw is necessary because it will protrude through the wood into the top of the subway and stop the ball! This happened to me after I put in a longer screw and I'm like what the hell, why won't the ball eject? Took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Great feedback! It's interesting, with the new ramp location, 1/2" now works fine on the left side (was 1/4"). So I ended up with 1/2" on the left and 7/8" on the right (instead of 1/4" and 1/2"). Need to play test...

#11278 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

vireland - Do you own a Rick & Morty?

Why does it matter if he owns one or not?

#11279 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

EDIT: I was thinking of the wrong thing. Let me post a pic of my Feb 2021 model.

#11280 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

very curious to see how this works. I too noticed it seems like that ramp is too far left. My concern would be that moving it, screws up another shot.

I'm fairly certain there is no way moving the ramp to the right will screw up another shot. Moving the spinner loop ball guide is another story, since it touches the left ramp. Fortunately, when I dialed-in the spinner loop guide, I was really conservative with how much to push it back. If I was more aggressive (as some posts advise), it might have gotten in the way of this minor ramp nudge to the right. But I get your concern in general...it's all connected!

#11281 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

EDIT: I was thinking of the wrong thing. Let me post a pic of my Feb 2021 model.

So..mine is further right, and slightly more forward, but it isn't as forward as your changed one, and maybe slightly less right. I do see the screw holes, and it looks like mine sit in the 'original' location, but they clearly are not as far back or left as yours were.

0301211033~2 (resized).jpg0301211033~2 (resized).jpg
#11282 3 years ago

#501 in the house !
Didn't know it was shipped. I heard a big truck was in my driveway this morning and wondered what it was !

Driver was kind enough to go up my icy and steep driveway and deliver it in my garage !

Waiting for friends help to move it upstairs then it's testing time.

Very glad I'm not working today, couldn't have been a better timing for that surprise

16146167303477420371199784601157 (resized).jpg16146167303477420371199784601157 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_104833 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_104833 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_113037 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_113037 (resized).jpg
#11283 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Why does it matter if he owns one or not?

He’s trolling in an owners thread.

#11284 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

He DOES make mods for the game, so I don't think he's trolling. He's been very active in this thread.

#11285 3 years ago

Legs are close but not touching with included metal spacer and felt protector. The would touch without the additional felt

IMG_20210301_114239 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_114239 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_114249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210301_114249 (resized).jpg
#11286 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

He DOES make mods for the game, so I don't think he's trolling. He's been very active in this thread.

I guess you skipped the previous page.

#11287 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

#501 in the house !
Didn't know it was shipped. I heard a big truck was in my driveway this morning and wondered what it was !
Driver was kind enough to go up my icy and steep driveway and deliver it in my garage !
Waiting for friends help to move it upstairs then it's testing time.
Very glad I'm not working today, couldn't have been a better timing for that surprise
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hope you tipped that man! Awesome!

#11288 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Vireland has offered nothing but help and assistance in any thread I've ever been in. He makes excellent, quality mods that actually help and improve pinball machines. If he's trolling, then its most likely deserved. You don't have to own machines to offer advice and help.

#11289 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

With the old wireform, you cannot dial in the launch power to work 100% of the time. Softer settings will result in the ball sometimes not making it to the end, because the rails closest to the player won't seat firmly in the playfield which sometimes robs power from launch. Harder launch settings will bang off the end and roll back to the shooter lane. It is impossible to get it 100% consistent in factory configuration.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am retracting the above statement. After making that post, I f*cked around with the wireform one last time, and since then it hasn't biffed a single launch, over the course of 100+ games. The launch speed still varies a bit, but at one notch above factory power setting, every ball is delivered to the upper flipper properly now.

So, if your launch ramp is acting up, post to Pinside bitching about it, then mess with it again, and it should be good to go

#11290 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I guess you skipped the previous page.

Quoted from CashMoney:

Vireland has offered nothing but help and assistance in any thread I've ever been in. He makes excellent, quality mods that actually help and improve pinball machines. If he's trolling, then its most likely deserved. You don't have to own machines to offer advice and help.

#11291 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa2145:

Legs are close but not touching with included metal spacer and felt protector. The would touch without the additional felt
[quoted image][quoted image]

were the felt protectors included or did you buy them?

#11292 3 years ago

The felt protectors were included !
really thick and dense material, I think it will do a good job.

#11293 3 years ago

So question on rules, after ten stamps is the only way to the garage portal the upper flipper shot? Because that seemed to be the only way lighting up after. Thanks in advanced

#11294 3 years ago

I installed that new launch wireform and it is so much better than the original. I was never able to dial the old one in, it always sometimes went around the u-turn. And even when it served it correctly it wasn’t always the same exact launch and the power setting needed made for a bit of a slow launch, which is unfortunate for a game where you launch so many times due to ball saves. With the new one I was able to pump up the power and it delivers the ball so quickly, and drops it the same exact way every time. It has made the loop and garage shots way more consistent to hit now that the serve is always exactly the same.

My ship bracket just broke again, that’s number two. If I could buy a permanent fix for that I will feel like I’ve got a perfect machine. No other issues at all at this point, love the game so much! It is playing so smoothly now, no flipper problems either, it’s wonderful.

#11295 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I installed that new launch wireform and it is so much better than the original. I was never able to dial the old one in, it always sometimes went around the u-turn. And even when it served it correctly it wasn’t always the same exact launch and the power setting needed made for a bit of a slow launch, which is unfortunate for a game where you launch so many times due to ball saves. With the new one I was able to pump up the power and it delivers the ball so quickly, and drops it the same exact way every time. It has made the loop and garage shots way more consistent to hit now that the serve is always exactly the same.
My ship bracket just broke again, that’s number two. If I could buy a permanent fix for that I will feel like I’ve got a perfect machine. No other issues at all at this point, love the game so much! It is playing so smoothly now, no flipper problems either, it’s wonderful.

So, many of us would like a new ball launch wireform now.

Who is making them? And can I order one direct?

PM me with the details please.

#11296 3 years ago

I'm curious what is going on with the ball launch.

on the 12/2020 code, I never touched the power, and it just worked.

when I installed the 1/2021 code it no longer could make it. It would seem to increase the power each time until it finally made it. I adjusted the setting from default to 13, and it works consistently. 12 is too low, and 14 sends it around the orbit.

Why would others be having issues getting it adjusted if it's powered by the config?

#11297 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

So question on rules, after ten stamps is the only way to the garage portal the upper flipper shot? Because that seemed to be the only way lighting up after. Thanks in advanced

It might happen before 10 , but in some games i have noticed an increased difficulty on the Dimension change shot. Much like how eventually you have to shoot both ramps to get the Start Adventure lit.

#11298 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm curious what is going on with the ball launch.
on the 12/2020 code, I never touched the power, and it just worked.
when I installed the 1/2021 code it no longer could make it. It would seem to increase the power each time until it finally made it. I adjusted the setting from default to 13, and it works consistently. 12 is too low, and 14 sends it around the orbit.
Why would others be having issues getting it adjusted if it's powered by the config?

my launch does a good job of stopping the balls momentum , but does sometimes take 3 launches or more (during multiball) to get the ball up to speed to make the end of the launch.

Haven't had it go all the way around , so maybe the end of the launch wireform is supposed to impede the ball by design ; from going further around the loop.

#11299 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

I agree. My launches are now perfect.
Why are the new wireforms no longer made?

#11300 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

vireland - Do you own a Rick & Morty?

No, that's why I said I have no dog in this fight. But your story is not unique based on this thread and personal experience of friends with it locally. It very often requires a lot of tweaking for top performance, and even when that's done, it's an ass-kicker of a game that will not be to the taste of everyone, even if they're fans of the show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/226?hl=jsa2145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.