(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 405.
#11151 3 years ago

Mine is #175 and definitely needed a lot of love to play reasonably.

Is yours a recent build? You'd hope that the more recent builds have incorporated some of the experience/wisdom in this thread.

I really wish Spooky would update us on when the flipper bushings will be done/distributed. The sooner it is done, the sooner they can start building/shipping games that don't need flipper surgery.

#11152 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Guess I’ll have to go through and do the adjustments on mine. It shoots like shit. All the shots are bricks so far and it isn’t really fun enough that I want to spend the time to make the adjustments.

To be honest, you are still going to brick. I brick all day long on this game. The shots are very tight compared to most games. The adjustments do make things slightly better for the orbits, but that isn't going to fix hitting the posts.

#11153 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Mine is #175 and definitely needed a lot of love to play reasonably.
Is yours a recent build? You'd hope that the more recent builds have incorporated some of the experience/wisdom in this thread.
I really wish Spooky would update us on when the flipper bushings will be done/distributed. The sooner it is done, the sooner they can start building/shipping games that don't need flipper surgery.

Some has yes. But say for example the right orbit to the upper flipper is still stuck out. I question whether or not it is supposed to be lined up with the flipper or not. I know that ideally it should be, but was that how it was designed? The outer orbit still has lots the ball catches and on kills it, long past that spot.

The left orbit follows the graphics better than earlier games, but it is still a rattle fest if you don't hit it in the exact right spot.

I've found that if I'm not aiming for the center trough, I can hit it without rejects all day long, but as soon as I aim for it, reject... lol.

#11154 3 years ago

Just trying to get a feeling from everyone - as a new R and M owner - is the thought the code is complete or more to come?

#11155 3 years ago

Well if your machine is not adjusted and the shots are not going or you are bricking them (because of that) then yes it can be frustrating. But this game is also not easy so even adjusted the shots can be difficult. I had mine for about 3 months before I adjusted it and it was definitely more difficult even though i could make the shots. Now that I have adjusted the garage shot and the rail to the upper flipper it’s a a lot smoother and those shots are more makable. But! They are still not easy shots! By design unfortunately (I hate you Scott D.)

Getting a new pin that doesn’t work great from the get go sucks. But, don’t be discouraged. It is an amazing pin!

Unless you’re not feeling the theme then that’s a whole other issue.

#11156 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To be honest, you are still going to brick. I brick all day long on this game. The shots are very tight compared to most games. The adjustments do make things slightly better for the orbits, but that isn't going to fix hitting the posts.

Quoted from Zablon:

Some has yes. But say for example the right orbit to the upper flipper is still stuck out. I question whether or not it is supposed to be lined up with the flipper or not. I know that ideally it should be, but was that how it was designed? The outer orbit still has lots the ball catches and on kills it, long past that spot.
The left orbit follows the graphics better than earlier games, but it is still a rattle fest if you don't hit it in the exact right spot.
I've found that if I'm not aiming for the center trough, I can hit it without rejects all day long, but as soon as I aim for it, reject... lol.

Agree, agree, agree.

#11157 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just trying to get a feeling from everyone - as a new R and M owner - is the thought the code is complete or more to come?

Code seems fairly complete, but I imagine we will see more updates.

#11158 3 years ago

So got my game today, played about 5-6 games with the wife.. Didn't notice the too high flipper issue, no flipper knockdown, all shots seem makeable out of the box, no loose plugs, even the wireform ramp was good with no balls getting stuck.. suppose I'll hang onto the one I bought from pinball life for now. Code is absolutely amazing, so many modes. I was amazed there was even 3 different match sequence animations, who does that?

#11159 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So got my game today, played about 5-6 games with the wife.. Didn't notice the too high flipper issue, no flipper knockdown, all shots seem makeable out of the box, no loose plugs, even the wireform ramp was good with no balls getting stuck.. suppose I'll hang onto the one I bought from pinball life for now. Code is absolutely amazing, so many modes. I was amazed there was even 3 different match sequence animations, who does that?

Congrats!

#11160 3 years ago

One thing I thought about since I first saw photos back in January 2020 (which is why I didn't opt for purple coin door because I thought it was too much). What if the cabinet art continued onto the coin door so it sort of blends in? Sort of want to do a test on a spare coin door
stock (resized).jpgstock (resized).jpg
painted (resized).jpgpainted (resized).jpg

#11161 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

One thing I thought about since I first saw photos back in January 2020 (which is why I didn't opt for purple coin door because I thought it was too much). What if the cabinet art continued onto the coin door so it sort of blends in? Sort of want to do a test on a spare coin door
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That’s awesome!

#11162 3 years ago

Does anyone else do the running man when you fill up the Morty card and the flu-hating rap starts? ... Or is it just me?

#11163 3 years ago

There are no brick shots, only missed ones.

RnM has almost no “conventional Stern” shots. It’s not a fault, it’s a design choice. But if you nail the shots they’re as smooth as butter.

Learn the shots.

In the words of a great......”Play better”! Play better and stop whining.

#11164 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Vinyl wrap? Could work.

#11165 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There are no brick shots, only missed ones.
RnM has almost no “conventional Stern” shots. It’s not a fault, it’s a design choice. But if you nail the shots they’re as smooth as butter.
Learn the shots.
In the words of a great......”Play better”! Play better and stop whining.

I don't really know what a "conventional Stern" shot is. The 3 most prolific Stern designers Ritchie/Borg/Elwin all have their own style/schtick.

The left garage shot is the only R&M shot that I haven't experienced on other games. The left ramp is really steep and even though it's quite open, the player doesn't benefit from the openness because of where the ramp is positioned. On my example (which I believe is similar to others), the ramp is installed pretty far to the left...if it were centered with respect to the PF arrow pointing to the ramp and cutout where the ramp screws in to the PF, the ramp would be MUCH easier to hit. The installation on my example has the effect of dramatically narrowing the shot. Wish I could move it to the right a bit, but that isn't possible.

No doubt that Scott designed the game to be a ball buster. The game is awesome and despite having a love/hate with it, I love it MUCH more than I hate it With that in mind, I still think build and flippers idiosyncrasies *on my example* have amplified the difficulty of the game.

My over thinking why this game is so bloody difficult doesn't matter much. As you say, I just need to "Play better and stop whining"

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Make the coin ejects and returns purple?

#11167 3 years ago

For those of you keeping track, Butter Cab #507 is shipping Monday.

#11168 3 years ago

I set it to start on no adventures. I guess I like to be tortured as I will NEVER fill it

Quoted from melumga:

Does anyone else do the running man when you fill up the Morty card and the flu-hating rap starts? ... Or is it just me?

#11169 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes. Buried there are guys who thought pinball machines shouldn't be delivered in winter.

Snow is melting! Almost time to get my Rick and Morty up and running!

(also got my GNR CE still in the box right next to it)

IMG_3895 (resized).jpegIMG_3895 (resized).jpeg
#11170 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I set it to start on no adventures. I guess I like to be tortured as I will NEVER fill it

I'm also playing this way, might as well start on hard mode and ease it up in the future if need be.

#11171 3 years ago

>>I don't really know what a "conventional Stern" shot is.

Shots that fall on the sweet spots of the flippers. Sterns generally have shots on all of the sweet spots.
R&M has 1, I think.

#11172 3 years ago

dumb question, I don't have "peace among worlds" on my coin door. was that a special thing I missed LOL

#11173 3 years ago
Quoted from Joemoma1990:

dumb question, I don't have "peace among worlds" on my coin door. was that a special thing I missed LOL

Did you get the bill acceptor? That coin door has a different configuration and doesn't have the sticker.

#11174 3 years ago

Went with the bill door in case someone comes up with a mod, did anyone come up with a mod for it? Modcouple usually does shadowboxes.

#11175 3 years ago

Just received my used R&M - everything seemed to survive shipping without issue - but the level/screw in one of the legs most of gotten lost. Is this something I can find at a home depot/Lowes? I did email spooky - but was hopping to get something soon. Thanks for the help

#11176 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Went with the bill door in case someone comes up with a mod, did anyone come up with a mod for it? Modcouple usually does shadowboxes.

There were talks a long time ago about a microverse mod from a few. But I haven't heard anything about that in like 6? months.

#11177 3 years ago
Quoted from Joemoma1990:

Mine doesn't have one either. No bill acceptor

#11178 3 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Just received my used R&M - everything seemed to survive shipping without issue - but the level/screw in one of the legs most of gotten lost. Is this something I can find at a home depot/Lowes? I did email spooky - but was hopping to get something soon. Thanks for the help

probably have one at baileys general store

#11179 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

>>I don't really know what a "conventional Stern" shot is.
Shots that fall on the sweet spots of the flippers. Sterns generally have shots on all of the sweet spots.
R&M has 1, I think.

Meh...makes no sense to me. Unless your profile is missing a bunch of Stern games, I have a bit more experience in this area.

Let's take Elwin's JP2...lot's of challenging, tight shots (tower, inner left loop, right orbit). JP2 shots just feel more honed than R&M shots. As a result, my JP2 play is more consistent than my R&M play. When I'm playing MB's (which is kind of critical to advance with R&M), I just don't feel like the R&M flippers are strong/snappy.

As far as the cabinet, PF, and audio is concerned, R&M is competitive with Stern. In terms of how the game is engineered & plays (even after dialing in), I still feel a difference. I'm not a Stern fanboy and I'm not bashing Spooky...just stating my truth as someone that owns/plays both. Spooky is a relatively new manufacturer compared with Stern and they are clearly making vast improvements and care deeply for their customers. It's all good.

#11180 3 years ago

Ever since receiving my game, I can only read this thread title in Scary Terry’s voice.

You can run, but you can’t hide, bitch.

Every single time.

#11181 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh...makes no sense to me. Unless your profile is missing a bunch of Stern games, I have a bit more experience in this area.

Maybe try asking the guy who designed the machine?

#11182 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Let's take Elwin's JP2...lot's of challenging, tight shots (tower, inner left loop, right orbit). JP2 shots just feel more honed than R&M shots. As a result, my JP2 play is more consistent than my R&M play. When I'm playing MB's (which is kind of critical to advance with R&M), I just don't feel like the R&M flippers are strong/snappy.

Perfect example : Multiball.

You feel that way because the natural Sweet Spot on the Flippers lands a shot. That results in more time for you to control the additional balls.

Shots from the same spot off the flippers on Rick and Morty hit a Post and come right back at you.

By Design.

#11183 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe try asking the guy who designed the machine?

I've corresponded with Scott on many issues privately...he is always gracious and helpful.

I don't need to ask Scott about what I already know/feel from playing JP2 and R&M.

Quoted from guitarded:

Perfect example : Multiball.
You feel that way because the natural Sweet Spot on the Flippers lands a shot. That results in more time for you to control the additional balls.
Shots from the same spot off the flippers on Rick and Morty hit a Post and come right back at you.
By Design.

Wrong again. I don't need you to tell me how I feel! See ya later!

#11184 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You feel like buying a lot of expensive toys makes you some type of expert at what? Buying toys?

This is the simple physics of pinball layout. There are 2 spots on your flipper that are naturally sweet.
Stern Machines almost always employ ALL of them.
Rick and morty employs 1.

Scott is a gentleman and I know entertains all of our comments, both here in the thread and in other venues.

He will certainly hop in here to tell me I am talking out of my ass. Any minute. I am sure...

#11185 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've corresponded with Scott on many issues privately...he is always gracious and helpful.
I don't need to ask Scott about what I already know/feel from playing JP2 and R&M.

I realize you've been into pinball a long time, and you know what you know. You feel what you feel. That's cool. But you're sounding very Jerry about this.

I've also been into this a long time. Since 2003. I've definitely heard designers and podcasters talking about the sweet spot.

I've definitely heard Scott say, and I think it was before the game was even released, that he made the main shots (like ramps) to purposefully NOT be in the sweet spots on the flippers.

Metallica ramps are sweet spot. Combos all day long. R&M, no such thing. My sweet spot trying to hit the right ramp is the post just to the left of the entrance to the right orbit.

This sweet spot stuff wasn't just made up by the guy you poo pooed.

EDIT: I do not disagree with all your flipper problems making it even worse.

#11186 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I realize you've been into pinball a long time, and you know what you know. You feel what you feel. That's cool. But you're sounding very Jerry about this.
I've also been into this a long time. Since 2003. I've definitely heard designers and podcasters talking about the sweet spot.
I've definitely heard Scott say, and I think it was before the game was even released, that he made the main shots (like ramps) to purposefully NOT be in the sweet spots on the flippers.
Metallica ramps are sweet spot. Combos all day long. R&M, no such thing. My sweet spot trying to hit the right ramp is the post just to the left of the entrance to the right orbit.
This sweet spot stuff wasn't just made up by the guy you poo pooed.
EDIT: I do not disagree with all your flipper problems making it even worse.

I don't know what "sounding very Jerry" means, but I guess you are insulting me? That's ok...I can take it

To be honest, I rarely listen to podcasts with pinball designers, so what folks say about "sweet spots" means little to me.

From my perspective, it's simply about shot difficulty. GEM on TRON is arguably a tough shot. The toughest shots on my R&M is the left garage and left ramp. The right ramp is open/easy (from the left flipper) and the loops are also pretty easy (inner and horseshoe). Assuming the scoop is lowered, it is also an "easy" shot. So, for me, if a shot is fairly easy, it implies I've found the "sweet spot" to make the shot...

Both JP2 and R&M are masterpieces in my mind (and I've owned a lot of games). The main point I was making is the build & engineering that makes up R&M I believe contributes to the difficulty. Since every game is different, I'm talking about MY game.

#11187 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You feel like buying a lot of expensive toys makes you some type of expert at what? Buying toys?

I sense some weird jealousy? No...I've played in many Florida and SoCal pinball tournaments. Playing is more important to me than collecting. If I was purely in this for collecting, I'd have many more games. I've downsized considerably over the years, since most games end up boring me.

#11188 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I don't know what "sounding very Jerry" means, but I guess you are insulting me? That's ok...I can take it
To be honest, I rarely listen to podcasts with pinball designers, so what folks say about "sweet spots" means little to me.
From my perspective, it's simply about shot difficulty. GEM on TRON is arguably a tough shot. The toughest shots on my R&M is the left garage and left ramp. The right ramp is open/easy (from the left flipper) and the loops are also pretty easy (inner and horseshoe). Assuming the scoop is lowered, it is also an "easy" shot. So, for me, if a shot is fairly easy, it implies I've found the "sweet spot" to make the shot...
Both JP2 and R&M are masterpieces in my mind (and I've owned a lot of games). The main point I was making is the build & engineering that makes up R&M I believe contributes to the difficulty. Since every game is different, I'm talking about MY game.

Ok.

#11189 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I sense some weird jealousy? No...I've played in many Florida and SoCal pinball tournaments. Playing is more important to me than collecting. If I was purely in this for collecting, I'd have many more games. I've downsized considerably over the years, since most games end up boring me.

Yeah, no.
You just don't get it do you? I am not impressed by your profile.
Your intimation that not owning Sterns makes one inexperienced was a tell.
You followed it up with a second and a third swing. Neither landed...
your dick isn't that big man. You aren't impressing me, that's for sure.

I'd own a Stern if there was one I wanted to play and could not. Since they are on location all over, I see no need to park one in my house.

There may be JP2 or Premium IMDN in my future, but not at near retail pricing on a used machine. And never new from Stern. Not for me.

#11190 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Yeah, no.
You just don't get it do you? I am not impressed by your profile.
Your intimation that not owning Sterns makes one inexperienced was a tell.
You followed it up with a second and a third swing. Neither landed...
your dick isn't that big man. You aren't impressing me, that's for sure.
I'd own a Stern if there was one I wanted to play and could not. Since they are on location all over, I see no need to park one in my house.
There may be JP2 or Premium IMDN in my future, but not at near retail pricing on a used machine. And never new from Stern. Not for me.

You are an angry dood. I'm not asking you to be impressed with anything! Just trying to have a sensible conversation. You apparently have an axe to grind...please grind it elsewhere. You've only been on Pinside 1 year with 2,000 posts...real keyboard warrior!

#11191 3 years ago

Quick Recap for You :

You asked what a "Stern" shot was. (Someone else's vernacular)
I kindly explained it for you.

You didn't want to hear it and pointed out that you often swing a Stern Brand Pinball Dick.
Then you offered up an example that shows exactly what you were not groking.
I pointed that out and referred you to the designer's own words re. location of the feature shots.

You insisted that didn't matter because you have a profile you deem impressive.

Another Pinsider correctly pointed out that Scott did indeed state he did this on purpose. Which he has in many interviews, podcasts and even in this thread a time or two if I am not mistaken.

You waved your Pinball Tournament Dick around.

I mocked you.

No anger.

#11192 3 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

probably have one at baileys general store

Ha - you obv know Sanibel! I'll take a look - thanks!

#11193 3 years ago

#11194 3 years ago

Just installed the 2 magnetic switches on the upper right loops. Like night and day - had no idea how many shots were being “missed”.

Why aren’t these used more regularly? Cost?

Included installation instructions were a little confusing but worked my way through it. If anyone else wants some more detailed instructions with photos let me know.
7B3B32D3-F990-4773-BB8E-37ECBEF0FB22 (resized).jpeg7B3B32D3-F990-4773-BB8E-37ECBEF0FB22 (resized).jpeg

#11195 3 years ago

Agreed. Just did the same and I’m happy. Just wish they at least had markers on them for where to drill the holes. But that’s a small complaint for how great they are.

Quoted from cooked71:

Just installed the 2 magnetic switches on the upper right loops. Like night and day - had no idea how many shots were being “missed”.
Included installation instructions were a little confusing but worked my way through it. If anyone else wants some more detailed instructions with photos let me know.
[quoted image]

#11196 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]

Absolutely it’ll be cost, Maybe these can be figured out how to be made in a mass production on an inexpensive scale. I’ve some on order and joint they help out gameplay coming up

#11197 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They are really great. I could see these being used across the board in machines. No more fiddling with switches.

#11198 3 years ago

If you were interested in our solution to the ramp support/megaseed tree situation then it is now available for pre-order. Production is about 1/2 way done so I expect we'll ship in 2 weeks or so. This replaces the megaseed tree decoration with a solid connection to the playfield to support the ramp. This makes the tree now decoration to hide the metal posts which support the ramp. One small hole does need to be drilled in to the playfield (under the plastic).

https://pinballmods.co/rick-and-morty-pinball-mods/megaseed-tree-ramp-support

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11199 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If anyone else wants some more detailed instructions with photos let me know.

I would love to read / see those if it is cool with you.

Mine are sitting here and though I am not getting many non-scores, I do occasionally have a ball jump/get air off that switch going to the garage throught the upper right orbit.

#11200 3 years ago

When will the replacement ball shooter wireform be available again?
And, can I get it privately if Terry wont sell them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 13,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 300.00
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.