(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,219 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 405.
#10901 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

One thing I noticed that I don't think I've seen mentioned, does anyone else have the upper flipper hop when the auto plunger fires? Seems odd and was happening before I closed the EOS.

I had this happen to me. Leafs super close together on the right flipper button. On shooter coil activation they would close just enough to activate the flipper. Sometimes the sub would activate it until I adjusted them

#10902 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I also tried the no fear spacer, hated it and ended up buying a williams switch that would reach the button. That didn't work since the williams switches are meant for high voltage so I was getting issues from that. I then took the long leaf out of the williams switch and added it to spookys. Feels perfect now!
I could have just bought the leaf if I knew the williams switch wouldn't work.[quoted image]

If I understand correctly you just need to file the HV switch contacts. They have a coating on them which makes low voltage hard to contact but if you file them they work for that application. Nice move on that switch.

#10903 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Swapping from BT to speakers is manual with this.
I plugged the transmitter into the motherboard usb for power and just used a 1/8th inch cable to plug into the one that was hooked up previously.
To swap you just unplug the transmitter and plug back in the speaker cable.
Sound quality is great, obviously not as bass heavy as the speaker set but if you have good BT headphones it sounds nice.

Whats the delay like? noticeable lag?

#10904 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Whats the delay like? noticeable lag?

If it's noticable at all to me it's with lip syncing in video, even then it's tough to tell, at least for me. When playing I don't notice at all with playfield interactions.

The transmitter I linked also supports low latency but I've not tried it yet. I have ear buds that support it but prefer on ear.

#10905 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

If it's noticable at all to me it's with lip syncing in video, even then it's tough to tell, at least for me. When playing I don't notice at all with playfield interactions.
The transmitter I linked also supports low latency but I've not tried it yet. I have ear buds that support it but prefer on ear.

Thanks @fnord. Sorry for all the questions, I'd never heard of this product until you mentioned it.

The model you've mentioned can't easily be found in Australia. Would you mind taking a quick look at the adapter I've found to see if it's suitable? Looks similar enough.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07F2CM6RQ/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07F2CM6RQ&pd_rd_w=aLwg3&pf_rd_p=ea20208d-137b-46cb-8ff4-3f2183f0cd6f&pd_rd_wg=yoUIc&pf_rd_r=N28XH938V1EMDWA35V5T&pd_rd_r=ff7a7121-2231-4e14-a75b-35a5ceec1407&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWTFWN004NEhWUUtOJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDQzNTQzMlMwU0lKNlAyMEJDRyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUExWTFHSEZIQTRQWTgzJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

#10906 3 years ago

That looks like what I'm using and you should be able to power it off the mobo usb as well.

It looks like there are more featured ones that allow you to do BT or bypass and send to the speakers but they all seem to move a physical switch. I'd love to find one that automatically would change.

#10907 3 years ago

So metal ship brackets came in today.. this is how they come (raw metal printing, burn marks from the laser)
raw-part (resized).jpgraw-part (resized).jpg

After a few minutes of rubbing with a green scrubby, it shines up well
shiny (resized).jpgshiny (resized).jpg

I'm considering painting them black, or white (to match the 3d printed ship mount) so it blends in more.. Or is that cardinal sin like painting a stainless delorean? Either way, even though I have parts in hand it's going to take me a little bit to clean the surface of at least 40 parts.

#10908 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So metal ship brackets came in today.. this is how they come (raw metal printing, burn marks from the laser)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm considering painting them black, or white (to match the 3d printed ship mount) so it blends in more.. Or is that cardinal sin like painting a stainless delorean? Either way, even though I have parts in hand it's going to take me a little bit to clean the surface of at least 40 parts.

I dont care what color it is (although white might look nice...):

Make sure Im on the list to get one please!

#10909 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Leave stainless and we can decide when we get it.

#10910 3 years ago
Quoted from mariobeans:

I also tried the no fear spacer, hated it and ended up buying a williams switch that would reach the button. That didn't work since the williams switches are meant for high voltage so I was getting issues from that. I then took the long leaf out of the williams switch and added it to spookys. Feels perfect now!
I could have just bought the leaf if I knew the williams switch wouldn't work.[quoted image]

Both leaves are copper - very easy to solder them together. That’s the route I’m going to take.

My switch is all messed up after the zip tie fix. Top flipper flips first which means no staging (yes, I know, it just needs adjusting).

This looks like the correct fix. Thanks for sharing.

#10911 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Can you ship one direct to Spooky for me?
My machine won't be on the line for a little while still

Also, I'd keep 'em bare stainless.

#10912 3 years ago

count me in for one!!! My ship broke a week ago, and am SO TIRED of taking this game apart more than playing it.

Thanks!

Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#10913 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great, i was thinking about them the other day...

#10914 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m the kind of guy that’s asks what my pinball machine can do for me not what can I do for my
Pinball machine
.. never mind I’m sure it’ll be fine tomorrow thanks for the advice

If you start hauling machines in and out of your house, get The Walking Dead in the garage and I'll be on my way!!

#10915 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

If you start hauling machines in and out of your house, get The Walking Dead in the garage and I'll be on my way!!

Yeah man , I think we are in a stuck position, my backyard has like up to my knees of snow, dont know what to do.

#10916 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah man , I think we are in a stuck position, my backyard has like up to my knees of snow, dont know what to do.

Shovel.

It’s not a trick question

#10917 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:So metal ship brackets came in today.. this is how they come (raw metal printing, burn marks from the laser)

I'd like to get on the list too please. Thanks!

#10918 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Shovel.
It’s not a trick question

Thats it Im moving to Florida.

#10919 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats it Im moving to Florida.

No...no...Florida is full!

#10920 3 years ago
Quoted from Iwasthebruce:

No...no...Florida is full!

Dont worry I wont take up much room. I will complain a lot, but wont take up space.

Cant even consider Texas now... jeez.

#10921 3 years ago

Has anyone had any luck getting the left ramp return to be consistently smooth? It looks like when the ball exits the backboard it ricochets off the edges of the opening and comes dribbling out instead of smoothly feeding the upper flipper.

#10922 3 years ago
Quoted from ziz:

Has anyone had any luck getting the left ramp return to be consistently smooth? It looks like when the ball exits the backboard it ricochets off the edges of the opening and comes dribbling out instead of smoothly feeding the upper flipper.

I still get the occasional ball stuck and wedged between the shooter lane wireform and cab wall after it comes whipping out of the left ramp backbox eject hole. I've tried "bending" the metal scoop flap on the backbox hoping to change the angle of trajectory, but I don't want to Hulk my machine and do any real damage, as that metal flap didn't want to budge (i.e. it's solid).

Installing a post under the wireform to prevent that wedge could have helped. Not wanting to get drill happy, I've figured out the right amount of pressure to nudge it loose and fall back down into the lane and roll to the upper flipper. But getting the tilt warning in doing so can either end up making me or breaking me.

#10923 3 years ago

Mission successful. Finally.

244b1419-43ce-4060-9799-4f3ef6992f2f (resized).jpg244b1419-43ce-4060-9799-4f3ef6992f2f (resized).jpg
#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Man, that was a fast move to Florida!!

#10925 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

What # where you?

#10926 3 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I still get the occasional ball stuck and wedged between the shooter lane wireform and cab wall after it comes whipping out of the left ramp backbox eject hole. I've tried "bending" the metal scoop flap on the backbox hoping to change the angle of trajectory, but I don't want to Hulk my machine and do any real damage, as that metal flap didn't want to budge (i.e. it's solid).
Installing a post under the wireform to prevent that wedge could have helped. Not wanting to get drill happy, I've figured out the right amount of pressure to nudge it loose and fall back down into the lane and roll to the upper flipper. But getting the tilt warning in doing so can either end up making me or breaking me.

I think I have the opposite problem, that flap was bent maybe too far inward for me, where it sounds like it’s not bent inward enough for you to keep the ball off that wood area. That flap is very hard to bend when it’s in the cabinet, but if you just unscrew the 4 screws and take that whole piece off of the backboard then it’s actually very easy to bend and should fix your problem. I wonder if you’ll encounter what I have and not get as smooth of a delivery though. I just bent mine outward more so will see if i can find a sweet spot.

#10927 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Your yard looks pretty flat. Get some kids saucers....4 of them. Use them like furniture sliders. Get a few friends to help. You can do this!

sleds (resized).jpgsleds (resized).jpg
#10928 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watching Karl DeAngelo stream jjGnR with the temp gauges for all the flippers and the left diverter on-screen, updating in real time is surprisingly compelling (example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/909339890 ). It'll be weird when they're gone.
Post when you're going to stream with yours on-screen. I'll definitely jump in and watch for a bit.

We'll be on tonight with R&M at 8 pm ET till 11 or so. Got the lower flippers instrumented with thermocouples. (twitch.tv/wilddogarcade)

Edit: We have the Pinmonk coolers on them.

#10929 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

We'll be on tonight with R&M at 8 pm ET till 11 or so. Got the lower flippers instrumented with thermocouples. (twitch.tv/wilddogarcade)

Are you streaming with the flippers cooled or uncooled?

#10930 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you streaming with the flippers cooled or uncooled?

Cooled. once the rig is all in place with the lighting it's a pain to lift the playfield to unhook.

Edit: we also instrumented The Getaway and saw about 110F peak with no flipper cooling. JP DE was seeing 130F with coolers.

#10931 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Cooled. once the rig is all in place with the lighting it's a pain to lift the playfield to unhook.

Yeah, you can't just turn them off and test because having the brackets in place with the fans off would artificially increase the coil temps more than without them there.

#10932 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

What # where you?

476 . This FedEx guy was much much better! Of course I had to get the crotchety old man first time .. I’m tired old crotchety guys . I hope I never become one.. might be too late

#10933 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Man, that was a fast move to Florida!!

"The quick or the dead" Lol

#10934 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this is how this is supposed to look? I never noticed it before tonight. Is this from the ball hitting it on the way up, or is it purposely bent like this to aim the middle orbit out?

0217212224 (resized).jpg0217212224 (resized).jpg
#10935 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, you can't just turn them off and test because having the brackets in place with the fans off would artificially increase the coil temps more than without them there.

So, peak temp we saw on the right lower was 160F during a long extended multiball with the coolers.

#10936 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

So, peak temp we saw on the right lower was 160F during a long extended multiball with the coolers.

Wow, I just checked it out, you weren't trapping and the temp just kept going up on its own. Crazy. Do you have a pic of the probe installation? Where was it on the coil? Did you verify the fan was actually blowing and something hadn't come loose?

EDIT: Fan died. Replacement fan sent. Whew! I feel better. Couldn't believe they were getting these temps WITH the cooling kit installed.

For JJP, I had to move to higher CFM fans because the coils just got too hot (Karl put up an uncooled 249.7F tonight on jjPotC). I'll have to keep an eye on Spooky streams of R&M. If it's still struggling on long sessions I might have to transition Spooky to the higher CFM fans, too.

When are you streaming R&M again?

#10937 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone tell me if this is how this is supposed to look? I never noticed it before tonight. Is this from the ball hitting it on the way up, or is it purposely bent like this to aim the middle orbit out? [quoted image]

That kink in the end of the u turn directs the ball over the switch so it registers the shot better

#10938 3 years ago

Number 437 in the hooousssseeee!

Gonna wait until the weekend to lay into the tweaks and tuneups (got the silent fan, subwoofer ring, anti-rattle tape, and saucer spacers at the ready), but for tonight it's just a blast to play! Love the callouts, love the butter cab, love the dimensions (!!!), thank you Spooky for this wonderful joy.

TheNoTrashCougar As somebody who listens to both the TNA soundtrack and R&M soundtrack incessantly... any chance of getting this soundtrack available for purchase? (Also, is that Power Grid I hear in the N0-ramp5 dimension?)

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG
#10939 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

Number 437 in the hooousssseeee!
Gonna wait until the weekend to lay into the tweaks and tuneups (got the silent fan, subwoofer ring, anti-rattle tape, and saucer spacers at the ready), but for tonight it's just a blast to play! Love the callouts, love the butter cab, love the dimensions (!!!), thank you Spooky for this wonderful joy.
thenotrashcougar As somebody who listens to both the TNA soundtrack and R&M soundtrack incessantly... any chance of getting this soundtrack available for purchase? (Also, is that Power Grid I hear in the N0-ramp5 dimension?)
[quoted image]

Day of the Tentacle! Love that game and it could be an amazing pinball theme.

#10940 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

thenotrashcougar As somebody who listens to both the TNA soundtrack and R&M soundtrack incessantly... any chance of getting this soundtrack available for purchase? (Also, is that Power Grid I hear in the N0-ramp5 dimension?)
[quoted image]

I think no ramp dimension in pratice is the tna dimension

#10941 3 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Whoa man!! , given me flashbacks mate! .... I'd all but forgotten about that game Lol

Also eerily ironic, given the times now

#10942 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If you want to get a game in the house, you need to suck it up and make shit happen!

D9844817-F693-48E2-AB5F-48FC4E25B06C_1_105_c (resized).jpegD9844817-F693-48E2-AB5F-48FC4E25B06C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9F653E11-9141-44CD-96B5-16F06E0CA8D1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg9F653E11-9141-44CD-96B5-16F06E0CA8D1_1_105_c (resized).jpegB7B084E2-CF8F-486B-BBEA-17A7245907B2_1_105_c (resized).jpegB7B084E2-CF8F-486B-BBEA-17A7245907B2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#10943 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you want to get a game in the house, you need to suck it up and make shit happen!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those tombstones?? I would be passed out if I tried what you are doing. Leave me to die man.. leave me.. you go on.

#10944 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, I just checked it out, you weren't trapping and the temp just kept going up on its own. Crazy. Do you have a pic of the probe installation? Where was it on the coil? Did you verify the fan was actually blowing and something hadn't come loose?
For JJP, I had to move to higher CFM fans because the coils just got too hot (Karl put up an uncooled 249.7F tonight on jjPotC). I'll have to keep an eye on Spooky streams of R&M. If it's still struggling on long sessions I might have to transition Spooky to the higher CFM fans, too.

I use Kapton tape to cover the end to prevent shorting, then I tape it directly to the side of the coil, slightly towards the playfield side to get it out of the direct air flow on the fan.

I did just check them to make sure things were still working. It looks like my right flipper fan died. I get 12V to the connector but the fan isn't spinning when plugged in.

#10945 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your product seems cool, literally, but wouldn't it be awesome if pinball companies figured out how to design a full fidelity flipper that generates much less heat? If a game is being played for 60-90 minutes, it shouldn't require being fanned to function properly. It's 2021! Lower power consumption, higher performance...maybe we need Apple to solve this problem

#10946 3 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Classic point and clicks are some of the best games. Day of the tentacle, Indiana jones and the fate of Atlantis, monkey Island, full throttle and my fav The Dig.

DotT is probably my fav though. The remastered version is pretty good too

#10947 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your product seems cool, literally, but wouldn't it be awesome if pinball companies figured out how to design a full fidelity flipper that generates much less heat? If a game is being played for 60-90 minutes, it shouldn't require being fanned to function properly. It's 2021! Lower power consumption, higher performance...maybe we need Apple to solve this problem

WMS had this figured out with Fliptronics and dual-wound coils. They'd warm up and get a little weaker under heavy play, but nothing like we're seeing these days. That system costs more to make, so we're stuck with the current crummy designs

JJP used dual-wound on WOZ but left out the Fliptronics part and JJP flippers were never as good as WPC. Stern flippers are driven better but get hot and weaken too much. Spooky uses WPC assemblies but P-ROC doesn't drive them nearly as well as Fliptronics did.

Spooky: I'll happily pay $100 more per title if you start using Fliptronics boards. No reason to skimp on the most important part of the game.

#10948 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Keep apple far away from pinball.

They design their products to be extremely difficult to repair so they can talk you into upgrading instead of actually repairing the damaged components.

Follow the right to repair group and boycott apple

#10949 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Are those tombstones??

Yes. Buried there are guys who thought pinball machines shouldn't be delivered in winter.

#10950 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yes. Buried there are guys who thought pinball machines shouldn't be delivered in winter.

Lol, made me chuckle...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

9,999 (OBO)
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,219 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/219?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.