(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,217 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Octomodz
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3961 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3960 (resized).jpeg
RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 405.
#10801 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Pull Up, Morty.
Pull UP!
(Damn. Sorry to see it. I thin the 1st thing I am doing is checking the throw on that and loosening up the screws a hair. Then I will pray)

guitarded hilarious comment.

I loosened mine so yeah....

I wonder if Scott Danesi is home, maybe I can run over and borrow one from him. He lives just a few towns over...

#10802 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I wonder if Scott Danesi is home, maybe I can run over and borrow one from him. He lives just a few towns over...

I have a spare here (and no game yet)...but I am a lot further away.

#10803 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I'm sure I can look for a different thread, but just curious what people are using to clean the playfield?

KISS principle applies.

To clean - use some Simple Green. I mix it about 40% SG / 60% water in the spray bottle, spray it on dirty areas, wipe off with a nice soft cloth. Make sure to get off the ball tracks on ramps and around the inlanes.

That’s about all I do.

KISS.

When I strip a game down to re-rubber it (and that’s not very frequently..) then I’ll polish the PF and shine her up nice.

No need to Novus or wax all the time.

Enjoy!

rd

#10804 3 years ago

Okay this may seem simple, but I've never done this before on these new fangled contraptions? Is there anything special you need to do to update the code? Is it simply plug the stick into the port and turn the game on and it updates automatically? Or do I need to go into a menu? I didn't see any update code options in the utilities.

#10805 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Just a thought.
It would be great if you put an FAQ on your website or a post on pinside that lists out common adjustments/tweaks and areas that are being addressed. Also, when you come out with new fixes, owners can have easy access to getting alerts on those updates. Sifting through 216 pages of post to figure out what needs to be adjusted is not ideal.

This is a brilliant idea and the "key posts" in this thread are no solution as most people who own this game are NOT visiting pinside day-to-day and even if they did, they don't know their ways around like experts in this thread. Y'all need to remember that it's usually the most techie of the bunch (DYI) that visit these forums, a lot of owners just call/email the company directly or visit their website and Spooky's website is okay but can definitely need an upgrade. Even their CODE UPDATE page isn't very specific in terms of how to update code. There's just a link to the code and....well, good luck! Just add a few lines "To update your game code, click on the link on the left. Once downloaded, move the code to a flash drive. Etc" Then include a picture of WHERE we need to stick that drive in the game, since it's not obvious either. These are some basic things that can only help improve customer service and only takes a few mins to implement.

#10806 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Okay this may seem simple, but I've never done this before on these new fangled contraptions? Is there anything special you need to do to update the code? Is it simply plug the stick into the port and turn the game on and it updates automatically? Or do I need to go into a menu? I didn't see any update code options in the utilities.

Wooooooooooooow! I just wrote about this, right under your post. I've been saying for months that Spooky can help make things easier for folks trying to update their code by adding some basic instructions on their CODE page. Not sure why they don't it: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's great that they're telling us what's new in the latest code but more important to users is....HOW do I update my code?

#10807 3 years ago

Hello, has anyone gone without the interior graphics and (if so) were you happy with that decision?
Thanks!

#10808 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Wooooooooooooow! I just wrote about this, right under your post. I've been saying for months that Spooky can help make things easier for folks trying to update their code by adding some basic instructions on their CODE page. Not sure why they don't it: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's great that they're telling us what's new in the latest code but more important to users is....HOW do I update my code?

LOL yeah, I figured at least there'd be a youtube video with someone doing it, the only thing I found was for Rob Zombie, which does not at all appear to be the same way. I'm sure I can figure it out, but I don't want to brick it either.

#10809 3 years ago

If someone wants to help me with content PM me. I just bought rickandmortypinball.help and I'll try and coordinate as much information as I can there.

#10810 3 years ago

As an update to the firmware question, it really is as easy as plugging it in and turning it on. It finds and updates automatically.

That being said, the download page should be updated to reflect that this is indeed the process.

#10811 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes just plug the USB in then turn the game on and there will be a prompt to install the code during boot up.

#10812 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help, I honestly appreciate it! Kiss sounds awesome, just wanted to get some experienced input on the subject. Don't want to duck up the playfield with the wrong cleaner. Melty smeary clear would definitely break me.

#10813 3 years ago

Ya there is instructions for games with the pinheck board but not newer games,rob zombie was the last To use the heck board I believe and that requires an sd card,

#10814 3 years ago

So I plugged the USB in and it read all the prompts, and I even power cycled twice with it in, and now I'm getting this..

20210213_161621 (resized).jpg20210213_161621 (resized).jpg
#10815 3 years ago

May not have the correcr format on USB, make sure FAT32 - and the new code - I had to do it 4 times (once, every other update since last June went swimmingly) But when I got that on screen, I completely re-formatted USB, and added code again

#10816 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

May not have the correcr format on USB, make sure FAT32 - and the new code - I had to do it 4 times (once, every other update since last June went swimmingly) But when I got that on screen, I completely re-formatted USB, and added code again

just cleared it and reformatting, now re downloading the code, and going to just click and drag to the USB like i did before, and then try again (fingers crossed)

#10817 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

So I plugged the USB in and it read all the prompts, and I even power cycled twice with it in, and now I'm getting this..
[quoted image]

Remove usb, then power cycle.

#10818 3 years ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

just cleared it and reformatting, now re downloading the code, and going to just click and drag to the USB like i did before, and then try again (fingers crossed)

Make sure you don’t have 2 of the same code saved to your computer or it may automatically add a number to the tittle. The computer in the game won’t recognize the code with that number added.

#10819 3 years ago

Yay! It worked! Thanks everybody. High scores got deleted, but that's OK. Scores were meant to be broken

20210213_165355 (resized).jpg20210213_165355 (resized).jpg
#10820 3 years ago

Nice! Good to hear. I do remember there was an update a while ago that required the update to be done twice and that is the screen I got when I did that update once.I did the update again following all the steps again and it was good. I haven’t had to do that since and I thought newer games would already been past the point where it was needed. If anyone sees that a screen with that notice they should try to do a second update.

#10821 3 years ago

I reallllllllly wish there was a way to backup your save and settings to restore. Every update I have to redo everything.

Quoted from jguzik420:

Yay! It worked! Thanks everybody. High scores got deleted, but that's OK. Scores were meant to be broken
[quoted image]

#10822 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

I reallllllllly wish there was a way to backup your save and settings to restore. Every update I have to redo everything.

Is it much to do? Free play, ball save off, tournament settings on?

#10823 3 years ago

Every time? Yeah I would say so. The high scores erasing one hurts sometimes. Nice to see family scores that visit once or twice a year. Just good memories is all.

Quoted from Edenecho:

Is it much to do? Free play, ball save off, tournament settings on?

#10824 3 years ago
Quoted from Jherre6:

Yes. I think they are bumped on the stick but not written back. Would be nice if that worked...

#10825 3 years ago

I did a factory reset when going from 12/20 to the new one, but it didn't reset my scores, just the settings. Even the date/time remained correct. Only things I had to change was curse setting and the launch strength which was 12 (too low) to 14 after the upgrade. So far. Either I am having a good night or some of the changes helped because the shots seemed easier to make. Still seeing some knockdown, but I haven't messed with the EoS yet.

#10826 3 years ago

Probably gonna jinx the shit out of myself, but seeing all these broken ship plastic is weird for me he rod on my ship always get stuck up full blast and the ships sitting cock-eyed, and I have to lift PF to push rod back down. Received June, still going strong

648C24DF-D3F6-4885-A463-67A24425A633 (resized).jpeg648C24DF-D3F6-4885-A463-67A24425A633 (resized).jpegEC5D31F2-8011-4647-BF79-FECBFAD71081 (resized).jpegEC5D31F2-8011-4647-BF79-FECBFAD71081 (resized).jpeg
#10827 3 years ago

So I took delivery of 451 last week. This was delivered on 2/3 at 2pm. My wife was having contractions and we went to the hospital that night. We had a baby boy!!! Needless to say I did not get to set this up until today. Me and my 2 daughters (14 and 12) which are huge fans of the show could not stop playing this game. They did not care how brutal the game was and I have never seen them enjoy a game as much as R&M. Yup the glass rattles, easy fix in the morning. As im writing this I hear the high pitch fan. This will get switched out. As far as shots ramps are no problem at all. Hitting garage from upper flip is def a hard shot and hitting 3 loops in a row is probably one of the most satisfying shots I have made in pinball to date. We played for 4h tonight and it was nothing but pure bliss. Thank You Spooky! PS legs are good to go on mine.

#10828 3 years ago

Congrats on the Baby Boy!

Did you name hime Morty?

#10829 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

don’t have a spare either

Email [email protected] and you'll have a spare on us.

We started putting a spare in every leg box last week just to be safe.

#10830 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Probably gonna jinx the shit out of myself, but seeing all these broken ship plastic is weird for me he rod on my ship always get stuck up full blast and the ships sitting cock-eyed, and I have to lift PF to push rod back down. Received June, still going strong[quoted image][quoted image]

I ended up cutting off about an eight of an inch from the bottom of the metal wire plunger from the ship. Still moves a lot, but now can’t put too much pressure on the plastic.

#10831 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Email [email protected] and you'll have a spare on us.
We started putting a spare in every leg box last week just to be safe.

Ok, I will.

Thanks Charlie!

You guys are awesome!!!

#10832 3 years ago

Spent a few hours starting to flush out design and content. If you have some free time and want to compile content or edit the site and are familiar with Wordpress hit me up.

http://rickandmortypinball.help/

#10833 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Spent a few hours starting to flush out design and content. If you have some free time and want to compile content or edit the site and are familiar with Wordpress hit me up.

This is awesome! Thank you for doing!

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nicely done. Hopefully non pinsiders will find it. Thanks!

#10835 3 years ago

Don't forget.
If anyone's setting are stock on their LCD, try these: 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. This will be a huge improvement and you will notice the difference.

#10836 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

As a schoolteacher, I’d be willing to take you up on that bet.
Thank you for being open and honest. Thank you for continually improving the game and communicating with owners. Thank you for getting us more adventures, more dimensions, more music, more callouts, more everything. Thank you for keeping the price of my game at the end of the run the same as the ones at the beginning. Looking forward to #634.

lol I was thinking this too. I'm also a teacher. I get critiqued maybe daily, and right to my face from teenagers that have no fear. Some of it is anger, but much of it is worth listening to. I've also had parents telling me they will sue me and taxpayers telling me I should be fired and replaced with someone cheaper, not to mention the thousands and thousands of online posts telling me what a joke my job is. Oh the joys of education!

But I digress, I think it's admirable that the Spooky team does so much to not only read the feedback but print them out and share with the team. That's amazing, and speaks volumes to their to be great. I'm on my 2nd Spooky pin and looking forward to adding a third because the company itself is more buyer-friendly than any other. The entire dang team from sales to customer service is top notch.

Stern doesn't post here. Neither does JJP, AP, CGC, etc. Spooky is the only one, and it's several people, not just one person. That's outstanding.

Kudos to the whole dang team!

#10837 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

lol I was thinking this too. I'm also a teacher. I get critiqued maybe daily, and right to my face from teenagers that have no fear. Some of it is anger, but much of it is worth listening to. I've also had parents telling me they will sue me and taxpayers telling me I should be fired and replaced with someone cheaper, not to mention the thousands and thousands of online posts telling me what a joke my job is. Oh the joys of education!
But I digress, I think it's admirable that the Spooky team does so much to not only read the feedback but print them out and share with the team. That's amazing, and speaks volumes to their to be great. I'm on my 2nd Spooky pin and looking forward to adding a third because the company itself is more buyer-friendly than any other. The entire dang team from sales to customer service is top notch.
Stern doesn't post here. Neither does JJP, AP, CGC, etc. Spooky is the only one, and it's several people, not just one person. That's outstanding.
Kudos to the whole dang team!

Pretty sure I see posts from JJP and API daily.

#10838 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I mean the owners. I love guys like Lloyd (LTG) and I believe they are employees of their respective companies, but I don't consider them to represent the company.

Am I wrong though? I could be.

#10839 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I get critiqued maybe daily,

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes you do.

#10840 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Im curious.
PBL sold mirror blades made for TNA and you could have spooky install them when they made your game.
The mirrors that PBL sold. Were they b/w size? Were they custom cut?
Is the R&M playfield anything like tna? Could you use the template from that cut to make blades for R&M? I want to get the black mirrors....it would be nice to have a cutting guide. Can any one who has done it send me a pic?

I've got a set of brand new black mirror blades that I purchased from drano years ago but never installed. I can get dimensions of them tonight (they were originally going to go into my CftBL). asking $150 plus shipping

#10841 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Don't forget.
If anyone's setting are stock on their LCD, try these: 85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On. This will be a huge improvement and you will notice the difference.

Due to my height, the colors washed out some because I'm looking downwards at the LCD so I went all the way to Brightness=0, Contrast=100, Gamma=on and Color Temp set to SRGB 50/50/50. I'm totally content now with those settings. BTW, don't discount that last setting, it's worth experimenting with too.

#10842 3 years ago

Well I was about to take delivery of my Rick and Morty BSE, but the Fedex delivery guy wanted nothing to do with the snow. He said forget it, gave me a very hard time and left. I never had an issues with other pinball deliveries before but man this guy was a jerk. I was like if you know there is a snow storm, and we just got 8" and another 8" on the way, why the hell did you load this on the truck today?

I still dont understand why pinball companies ship during the Winter. its impossible to get them into the garage, impossible to set them up and almost got me into a fight with a delivery guy.

IMG_3871 (resized).jpegIMG_3871 (resized).jpegIMG_3872 (resized).jpegIMG_3872 (resized).jpeg
#10843 3 years ago

Got this for valentine's day, too bad it just slightly too big to fit on the playfield somewhere

20210215_120303 (resized).jpg20210215_120303 (resized).jpg
#10844 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I was about to take delivery of my Rick and Morty BSE, but the Fedex delivery guy wanted nothing to do with the snow. He said forget it, gave me a very hard time and left. I never had an issues with other pinball deliveries before but man this guy was a jerk. I was like if you know there is a snow storm, and we just got 8" and another 8" on the way, why the hell did you load this on the truck today?
I still dont understand why pinball companies ship during the Winter. its impossible to get them into the garage, impossible to set them up and almost got me into a fight with a delivery guy. [quoted image][quoted image]

Other then shoveling where was the fight? They only need to (and only obligated to) drop at curb. Were you asking him to move it beyond the lift gate to your garage? We just brought in a game Friday and I just used a dolly to rough roll it into the garage granted I didn't expect the delivery person to do it as thats not what they were paid to do.

#10845 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Other then shoveling where was the fight? They only need to (and only obligated to) drop at curb. Were you asking him to move it beyond the lift gate to your garage? We just brought in a game Friday and I just used a dolly to rough roll it into the garage granted I didn't expect the delivery person to do it as thats not what they were paid to do.

I understand that, but even then he didnt want to drop it off at the curb in the snow. Itll get figured out, and they will reschedule. He said his lift cart would get stuck in the snow, so he couldn't even attempt to get it down.

The delivery guy was actually very strange, right when he called and said he was 5 mins away, he didnt seem too excited about the delivery. Maybe he didnt eat his wheaties.

#10846 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I still dont understand why pinball companies ship during the Winter. its impossible to get them into the garage, impossible to set them up and almost got me into a fight with a delivery guy. [quoted image][quoted image]

I live at the top of a hill, with a steep drive and no room for a semi truck to come up the street let alone the drive. When I have them delivered, I have them meet me on a non busy side street and come with a trailer. Back the trailer to the dock and they can drop it right on it. Couldn't be easier.

This guy though was probably way behind, and if he didn't contact you prior, not much you could have done.

#10847 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I live at the top of a hill, with a steep drive and no room for a semi truck to come up the street let alone the drive. When I have them delivered, I have them meet me on a non busy side street and come with a trailer. Back the trailer to the dock and they can drop it right on it. Couldn't be easier.
This guy though was probably way behind, and if he didn't contact you prior, not much you could have done.

yeah Ill just chalk this up to wrong day wrong time kind of thing, shit happens.

#10848 3 years ago

I’m Mr. Bulldog...

#10849 3 years ago

Help site has been updated. Now with a section to submit your own tips. Still looking for someone to help with content review, editing, etc.

https://rickandmortypinball.help/

#10850 3 years ago

This piece just flew off and i can't seem to find its home or even understand what it is.
it came loose when a shot rejected from the left ramp and the ball bounced around the car/house area.
It's about the size of a quarter and bowl shaped with a tiny hole in the middle. anyone know what it is, where it belongs?
Thanks.

plastic bit from RM pin (resized).jpgplastic bit from RM pin (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

10,500 (OBO)
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,217 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/217?hl=wolv3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.