(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 404.
#10751 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Some people have done that configuration. Most R&M that are going out are the 3 flipper kits, but I have both 2 and 3 for this exact reason, and I will have a one bracket add-on soon for people that bought before the 3 flipper was available or got only 2 but later decide they want all three to be the same performance level.
The left doesn't seem to get as hot on R&M. But if both the right are cooled for a very long game the left might get hot enough to start to fade. In that case it might feel "weird" to have the right side shooting great and the left fading, but given that the left stays cooler longer, I don't think it would be an issue for most players.

Just purchased the three flipper kit from Pinball Life along with some other parts I needed!! Thank you Vireland!

#10752 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Just purchased the three flipper kit from Pinball Life along with some other parts I needed!! Thank you Vireland!

Thanks for the support! Beware. Once you try them, it will be hard to go back to uncooled flippers for long-play sessions on other machines.

#10753 3 years ago

Thanks for the info SpookyLuke! Lookimg forward to getting R&M #504 really soon!

#10754 3 years ago

Count me in toyotaboy , thank you for doing this!

#10755 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Leg protectors already shipping.
Bushings in the works.
Whole team still working on code.
Quality control and employees get more seasoned and learn more every day.
There is never nothing in the works here. Not one day.

Im not really contributing with much in this post, but just wanted to say that however my #596 turns out and with potential adjustments needed, I am so happy to be a spooky customer because of your (spookys ) attitude and honesty in "pinball is hard", and im already so satisfied with TNA. Even a game as "simple" as tna has waasy more soul than Avengers Infinity Quest imo, but thats another discussion.

Anyways, just wanted to say i appreciate the openness and transparency SpookyLuke . I also hope some of the stuff like air ball ramp protectors etc will be sent free to those suffering from those issues

#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from msw:

Count me in toyotaboy , thank you for doing this!

Just curious. Count you in what?

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Just curious. Count you in what?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/200?fbclid=IwAR0nRn9tzOHJb4-qush0yjmQkYNRTRCKHJ_PPVawWbK-CfAkpdU5K0XmjOU#post-6081415

Parts should be shipping out from the vendor tomorrow, they ran into material shortage issues (which is why it's been taking so long). Probably won't show up until next week.

#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/200?fbclid=IwAR0nRn9tzOHJb4-qush0yjmQkYNRTRCKHJ_PPVawWbK-CfAkpdU5K0XmjOU#post-6081415
Parts should be shipping out from the vendor tomorrow, they ran into material shortage issues (which is why it's been taking so long). Probably won't show up until next week.

Ahhh Yes! Awesome news. I’ll look for PM for payment.

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

however my #596 turns out and with potential adjustments

We'll keep them as minimal as possible... we promise!

I came down to the floor Monday morning and saw our production manager with a 2 sided piece of paper loaded with quotes, to which he had given copies to everyone in final assembly / play testing. It was full of the constructive and well, just plan angry comments from email and Pinside.

Yeah... they all took it to heart. I'm betting most of your day jobs don't have quite the level of critique that Pinside provides on a daily basis. I couldn't be prouder as an employer of now close to 30 talented people to how our workers reacted. We have a great group in Benton, WI.

It's all of us at Spooky... together. Development to production. We're all fighting very hard right now to make sure what Rick and Morty did for us as a company leads to better everything for you.

Stay tuned... we're just getting started.

#10760 3 years ago

Got my new legs, felts, and few other bits today.

Great support. Thank you Spooky.

Personally, I'll deal with a few short comings as long as the machine is well supported.

But honestly, I'm some tape, a sub spacer, and the glass off a few times and screws moved into it so far.

I'll put the felts on with the new legs, and fix my spinner tomorrow.

I'd surmise I'm no more time of money into my new 8k pinball machine as I am into my new Lotus I got over the summer... Small companys come with personality.

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Does this game need Pinstadiums?

Not at all.

#10763 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm betting most of your day jobs don't have quite the level of critique that Pinside provides on a daily basis. I couldn't be prouder as an employer of now close to 30 talented people to how our workers reacted. We have a great group in Benton, WI.

As a schoolteacher, I’d be willing to take you up on that bet.
Thank you for being open and honest. Thank you for continually improving the game and communicating with owners. Thank you for getting us more adventures, more dimensions, more music, more callouts, more everything. Thank you for keeping the price of my game at the end of the run the same as the ones at the beginning. Looking forward to #634.

#10764 3 years ago

Looking forward to getting mine very soon

#10765 3 years ago

For anybody still having dramatic knockdown issues, check the adjustment of your EOS switches on the lower flippers as mentioned in this key post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/77#post-5706913

We’re still making adjustments on the software side to try to improve things of course, but the EOS opening early helps the flipper recover sooner and is a fairly simple adjustment. The default position for EOS that the flipper mech is built with is meant for ‘switching to hold power’ in a dual wound coil, which R&M isn’t doing. R&M does the exact opposite of that; it’s main use is “when did the flipper go down?”. The sooner a dip is detected, the easier it is for the game to recover.

There will be a small public update soon-ish to make flipper control adjustments and fix a few other issues that have cropped up.

#10766 3 years ago

This is what I love about spooky.. They might have their issues, but they OWN it. They don't try to deny it, or cover it up.
"Oh williams games dimpled just as bad back in the day"
"Our games aren't too difficult, play better"

As they always say it's not whether you screw up, it's how you deal with problems.

#10767 3 years ago

n/m wrong thing.

#10768 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:For anybody still having dramatic knockdown issues, check the adjustment of your EOS switches on the lower flippers as mentioned in this key post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/77#post-5706913
We’re still making adjustments on the software side to try to improve things of course, but the EOS opening early helps the flipper recover sooner and is a fairly simple adjustment. The default position for EOS that the flipper mech is built with is meant for ‘switching to hold power’ in a dual wound coil, which R&M isn’t doing. R&M does the exact opposite of that; it’s main use is “when did the flipper go down?”. The sooner a dip is detected, the easier it is for the game to recover.
There will be a small public update soon-ish to make flipper control adjustments and fix a few other issues that have cropped up.

Thanks for the link/help, Eric. On my Stern and B/W machines, I adjust the End-Of-Stroke switch to engage when the flipper is fully extended. The video looks like it's also doing this, so I'm still a little confused. At what point should the End-Of-Stroke engage?

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Leg protectors already shipping.
Bushings in the works.
Whole team still working on code.
Quality control and employees get more seasoned and learn more every day.
There is never nothing in the works here. Not one day.

#670 here. There's not a day that goes by in this thread that I don't think to myself "I'm kind of glad I'm towards the end." I appreciate all of the hard work you all are doing over there and am sure when I get my game in a few months that I'll have one of the best games around from everything that has been learned.

#10770 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a literal boat load of improvements being tested, ordered, and designed. Processes being changed and improved. Sourcing higher quality parts. Additions to the building and equipment. The best of the best of our people are learning quality control to supervise individual departments and add layers to gameplay testing. (Almost everything mentioned) from power supply noise, to standup targets, to flippers, to flipper switches, to rollover switches, and about 25 more things. We have bullet lists of things we are fixing and checking off. We have a whole team of people way smarter than me working on flipper issues that include a crazy array of factors from physical, code, PROC. We just got custom felt protectors that fit under the leg completely we hope will end any chance of leg damage ever again. Tests are promising. These things takes months to even arrive let alone test properly for production. Even already looking to improve our launch day process to be as fair and customer friendly as possible.
Rick and Morty was a big step for us in an industry with BIG shoes to fill. We have doubled production over the course of this year fighting multiple Covid shutdowns (some for months). This isn't meant to be an excuse for our failings but simply letting you know that we listen and we have so many good things coming this year.

Don't forget to have fun.

-Rick.

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for the link/help, Eric. On my Stern and B/W machines, I adjust the End-Of-Stroke switch to engage when the flipper is fully extended. The video looks like it's also doing this, so I'm still a little confused. At what point should the End-Of-Stroke engage?

With R&M the key factor is how soon it disengages; that's what tells the software to up the power to avoid a knockdown. If you make it *TOO* close it can cause a different problem, so don't get really extreme with how far to the end it closes/opens - just closer than the default position.

There is a working fix in the current beta for the 'my flipper gets stuck held up' (usually from rapid tapping) too, btw.

#10772 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a literal boat load of improvements being tested, ordered, and designed. Processes being changed and improved. Sourcing higher quality parts. Additions to the building and equipment. The best of the best of our people are learning quality control to supervise individual departments and add layers to gameplay testing. (Almost everything mentioned) from power supply noise, to standup targets, to flippers, to flipper switches, to rollover switches, and about 25 more things. We have bullet lists of things we are fixing and checking off. We have a whole team of people way smarter than me working on flipper issues that include a crazy array of factors from physical, code, PROC. We just got custom felt protectors that fit under the leg completely we hope will end any chance of leg damage ever again. Tests are promising. These things takes months to even arrive let alone test properly for production. Even already looking to improve our launch day process to be as fair and customer friendly as possible.
Rick and Morty was a big step for us in an industry with BIG shoes to fill. We have doubled production over the course of this year fighting multiple Covid shutdowns (some for months). This isn't meant to be an excuse for our failings but simply letting you know that we listen and we have so many good things coming this year.

I'm may be telling you something you already know, so ignore if you want...
I work Defense, and have worked with a company right down the street from you guys (Oshkosh) for a while. While I am not involved with them anymore, it wasn't a surprise to me when I read this week that they've delivered their 10,000 JLTV under the initial cost estimates. The reason I am not surprised is because they employee top notch manufacturing engineers, and they put a huge emphisis into their production and quality systems. My point, if your looking to poach talent, that's the direction I'd be looking...

I'm in the 700s, and I can't wait to get mine!! No matter how many ankle bitters I have to deal with, I know my R&M will NEVER be leaving!

#10773 3 years ago

Looks like the art blade on the left side of my machine was attached too high and is now peeling with pressure from the glass. Removing the glass relieves pressure and I'm able to push the sticker down more and curve it slightly over the lip, however inserting the glass causes the sticker to remove itself again.

Any ideas how to resolve this in the cleanest way beyond removing and reapplying the art blade?

FA38F932-36B5-4706-A63F-510D6F369119 (resized).jpegFA38F932-36B5-4706-A63F-510D6F369119 (resized).jpeg

#10774 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Looks like the art blade on the left side of my machine was attached too high and is now peeling with pressure from the glass. Removing the glass relieves pressure and I'm able to push the sticker down more and curve it slightly over the lip, however inserting the glass causes the sticker to remove itself again.
Any ideas how to resolve this in the cleanest way beyond removing and reapplying the art blade?
[quoted image]

Personally, I wouldn't remove the art blade. You'll never get it back on correctly and it'll eventually peel off since the adhesive will have been compromised.

Simply take the glass off and use a razor blade to trim the top portion off that's touching the glass.

#10775 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I wouldn't remove the art blade. You'll never get it back on correctly and it'll eventually peel off since the adhesive will have been compromised.
Simply take the glass off and use a razor blade to trim the top portion off that's touching the glass.

I second this. Get a brand new "XACTO" knife from a hobby shop or razor blade from a hardware store. Go slow. Should take about 2 minutes to completely remove if done right. I have trimmed art blades before with these and the vinyl is easy to cut with a sharp blade. There should be a grove you can follow in the glass channel with your cut lines. See post 8565 to see what I mean by cutting channel to follow.

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I second this. Get a brand new "XACTO" knife from a hobby shop or razor blade from a hardware store. Go slow. Should take about 2 minutes to completely remove if done right. I have trimmed art blades before with these and the vinyl is easy to cut with a sharp blade. There should be a grove you can follow in the glass channel with your cut lines. See post 8565 to see what I mean by cutting channel to follow.

Great idea, thank you! So simple and I never would've thought of that.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

A NEW blade. And use clamps (w/protection) and a straight edge if you have them.

Go slow. Take a long time getting setup perfect and then pick up your blade.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I normally wouldn't want anything Lego looking on the pf, but I think this kinda works with the Snowball robot deal.

I've been eyeing that set to grab the snowball piece. i'm happy to see it fits under the glass

#10779 3 years ago

Ssssssssss sssssss, ssss. ssss ssssssss
Ssssss, ssssssss!

Soon?

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#10780 3 years ago
Quoted from sthippie:I've been eyeing that set to grab the snowball piece. i'm happy to see it fits under the glass

You have to put Snowball together. A million tiny pieces... okay, maybe like 20 pieces.

#10781 3 years ago

I don't usually post rule ideas, but I was just playing my Rick and Morty and thought of a cool idea (at least in my opinion).

If your antigravity meter is full, it would be cool if you could do some sort of button combo (triple quick flip of the anti grav button?) which would instantly drain the entire meter, trigger a pop on the pop bumber, and activate slam save if it's lit. A way to save your ball while draining and bonus for filling the meter.

Just a fun thought on my Friday night

#10782 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Jakers:

Personally, I wouldn't remove the art blade. You'll never get it back on correctly and it'll eventually peel off since the adhesive will have been compromised. Simply take the glass off and use a razor blade to trim the top portion off that's touching the glass.

As an alternative, I recently heard somewhere that the aerosol spray adhesive that Gorilla Glue makes really works well

#10783 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

As an alternative, I recently heard somewhere that the aerosol spray adhesive that Gorilla Glue makes really works well

Too soon!!!

#10784 3 years ago

Got 482 today, birthed Feb 10th, Got it today (Feb 12th), couldnt be happier. You can hit the skill shots, but you gotta hone it in. I (fingers crossed) havent had any problems with any flippers or anything, granted, it was in below 20 degrees today, everything seems to be working ok. Thanks Spooky!

quick edit: by hone it in, i mean figuring out where on the upper flipper to send em around. not fiddling with anything inside

#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ssssss, ssssssss!
Soon?

Lol I love your persistence on the snake jazz. I ssssecond that motion asss well asss that issss one of my favorite episodessssss.

#10786 3 years ago

I still get lots of rejects from the center scoop, I've bent it up and down, and it also has the washers. I really don't know what else to do, but would appreciate any guidance. I get like 60-80% rejects.

#10787 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ssssss, ssssssss!
Soon?

Still many more possibilities for code. I hope they add a citadel of Ricks or an Evil Morty wizard mode.

#10788 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I still get lots of rejects from the center scoop, I've bent it up and down, and it also has the washers. I really don't know what else to do, but would appreciate any guidance. I get like 60-80% rejects.

Record it in slo-mo on your camera phone and see what's causing the rejects. What's it hitting? Is it making it all the way in and bouncing out? Slo-mo is your friend.

#10789 3 years ago

Interactive Scoop Lighting demo tied to the ship. 10 minutes of gameplay but you only really see the scoop area, enjoy lol. I don't have a good way to record so my mini tripod was sitting on the glass. I think the ship is the best place to tie in even though it doesn't always correlate to a scoop shot. So happens I recorded on a 28mil ball. Don't worry I biffed the other 3 balls (got one extra).

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We'll keep them as minimal as possible... we promise!
I came down to the floor Monday morning and saw our production manager with a 2 sided piece of paper loaded with quotes, to which he had given copies to everyone in final assembly / play testing. It was full of the constructive and well, just plan angry comments from email and Pinside.
Yeah... they all took it to heart. I'm betting most of your day jobs don't have quite the level of critique that Pinside provides on a daily basis. I couldn't be prouder as an employer of now close to 30 talented people to how our workers reacted. We have a great group in Benton, WI.
It's all of us at Spooky... together. Development to production. We're all fighting very hard right now to make sure what Rick and Morty did for us as a company leads to better everything for you.
Stay tuned... we're just getting started.

Just a thought.
It would be great if you put an FAQ on your website or a post on pinside that lists out common adjustments/tweaks and areas that are being addressed. Also, when you come out with new fixes, owners can have easy access to getting alerts on those updates. Sifting through 216 pages of post to figure out what needs to be adjusted is not ideal.

#10791 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Just a thought.
It would be great if you put an FAQ on your website or a post on pinside that lists out common adjustments/tweaks and areas that are being addressed. Also, when you come out with new fixes, owners can have easy access to getting alerts on those updates. Sifting through 216 pages of post to figure out what needs to be adjusted is not ideal.

That’s why there is a “Key posts” area on top of this thread. Click them, and expand them, all main great things, fixes, how to’s, everything is there

Don’t have to sift !!

#10792 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Same for me. Not sure I'd say 80% but definitely two out of three shots reject, more from the right flipper than left. The ball seems to ricochet between the left and right walls and then bounce out. I can see a definite deformation of the metal edges. I've just accepted that the shot is hard and is what it is.

#10793 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I would try adding 2 more washers to the front of the scoop mount which tilts the scoop down slightly. I still get scoop rejects but probably only around 20%.

#10794 3 years ago

I'm sure I can look for a different thread, but just curious what people are using to clean the playfield? My first NIB and I don't want to wreck the awesome job Spooky has done with the playfield. Side note for Eric could you make it possible to still enter a dimension if the ball skips over the garage hole from the right orbit? Or at least an option to toggle?

#10795 3 years ago

I give a spray of Novus 1 and wipe with microfibre
or I dampened microfibre with simple green/water mix wrung out

I know, i know, "don't use water", but really, what else going to use on nice sealed cleared playfield

#10796 3 years ago
Quoted from TherealDroopy:

I'm sure I can look for a different thread, but just curious what people are using to clean the playfield? My first NIB and I don't want to wreck the awesome job Spooky has done with the playfield. Side note for Eric could you make it possible to still enter a dimension if the ball skips over the garage hole from the right orbit? Or at least an option to toggle?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEHJS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

After you clean the playfield, this is the most amazing wax.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10797 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

That’s why there is a “Key posts” area on top of this thread. Click them, and expand them, all main great things, fixes, how to’s, everything is there
Don’t have to sift !!

I’m familiar with that feature. But it doesn’t fully address the ask.

#10798 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Don’t have to sift !!

I like bent98's idea/thought. The "Key posts" are useful, but sifting and judgement are still required. I've been helped by many posts that aren't "Key", and I know I've helped some others (and my posts weren't made "key").

Having a Spooky qualified list would be really useful. The other benefit of having Spooky involved is (in theory) they can identify when they solved some of these issues on the "line" (so people get an idea if their game suffers from a particular problem).

The ship has probably already sailed for R&M, but maybe for the next game? (and hopefully the next game will have fewer issues...).

#10799 3 years ago

Nooooooo!!!!!!
300CE95E-A1BF-41E4-B17B-CA98E3454552 (resized).jpeg300CE95E-A1BF-41E4-B17B-CA98E3454552 (resized).jpeg

God damn it Morty.... you broke the space ship!

Looks like the magic number for me was just more than 700 games. Damn... I don’t have a spare either.
8ECFA824-E7FD-4BBD-BC0A-540E1F238FA9 (resized).jpeg8ECFA824-E7FD-4BBD-BC0A-540E1F238FA9 (resized).jpeg

21D086EF-6913-41E6-8297-7FF0CA0A59F4 (resized).jpeg21D086EF-6913-41E6-8297-7FF0CA0A59F4 (resized).jpeg
#10800 3 years ago

Pull Up, Morty.

Pull UP!

(Damn. Sorry to see it. I thin the 1st thing I am doing is checking the throw on that and loosening up the screws a hair. Then I will pray)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 300.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/216?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.