(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,183 posts
  • 736 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by zebpin61
  • Topic is favorited by 334 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240107_005841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 404.
#10701 3 years ago
Quoted from canea:

It's also annoying coming off the pop bumper. Glad some don't have the issue - for me it's a minor annoyance, not a game killer. Guess we need a poll. haha
Spooky works overtime to fix things. Just not sure what the solution is here since it appears to be a quirk of PROC, not a mechanical issue? We'll see if the new bushings help, too.

Has anyone here adjusted the voltage on the power supply? It was suggested to me and I have neither tested what the voltage is set to nor modified it yet.

#10702 3 years ago
Quoted from Backside_Slide:

Game #465 shipped on 2/1 and arrived 2/6. Spent a dozen hours or so getting it dialed in. Next up will have to be the Tibetan Breeze flipper coil fans because once you start playing, it’s hard to stop!

#481 went on the line 2/1 but no updates since. <eye roll>

#10703 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Has anyone here adjusted the voltage on the power supply? It was suggested to me and I have neither tested what the voltage is set to nor modified it yet.

You DEFINITELY need a multimeter on the output before, during, and after adjustment. Don't do it blindly. You can really mess up your machine.

#10704 3 years ago
Quoted from NoRefunds:

#481 went on the line 2/1 but no updates since. <eye roll>

assume you must have butter? I'm 488 and I picked mine up a week ago.

#10705 3 years ago

Power supply on Houdini has been adjusted high, low and sideways.

Still get flipper collapse.

It has more to do with power distribution and code, than power. There seems to be enough of that.

Adding giant capacitors at discrete places in the game helps a lot.

Where to put them? Its up to the engineers.

#10706 3 years ago

Do the houdini flippers heat up like the R&M ones do?

#10707 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You DEFINITELY need a multimeter on the output before, during, and after adjustment. Don't do it blindly. You can really mess up your machine.

I was turning it up and down like a radio dial, is that wrong?

#10708 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Power supply on Houdini has been adjusted high, low and sideways.
Still get flipper collapse.
It has more to do with power distribution and code, than power. There seems to be enough of that.
Adding giant capacitors at discrete places in the game helps a lot.
Where to put them? Its up to the engineers.

Well... that sucks.

#10709 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do the houdini flippers heat up like the R&M ones do?

yes

#10710 3 years ago

Well... that sucks.

Recently the team at API has mostly solved the flipper collapse on Houdini with aggressive code analysis and updates, and adding a capacitor in a very specific place.

It has taken a couple years...

The difference is night and day.

Im so happy I hung in there to see Houdini really world class now.

I'm confident that R&M will be even more awesome in the very near future.

#10711 3 years ago

Is there any adjustments that can be made to the EOS switch to help flipper fade. Also noticed the third flipper is missing the EOS switch.

#10712 3 years ago

I did it on TNA and it seemed to work, but also seemed make the coils heat up quicker - but that was before PinMonk came to the rescue with a mountain breeze. Here’s hoping they help as much as I think they will.

#10713 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Recently the team at API has mostly solved the flipper collapse on Houdini with aggressive code analysis and updates, and adding a capacitor in a very specific place.
It has taken a couple years...
The difference is night and day.
Im so happy I hung in there to see Houdini really world class now.
I'm confident that R&M will be even more awesome in the very near future.

Really useful info...thanks!

Hopefully the API solution can be shared with other PROC platforms. Would suck to wait 2 years if this problem has already been solved.

#10714 3 years ago

I grabbed a bunch of Rick and Morty stuff back when Toys R Us went under. Totally forgot about it till my kid found some pieces.

I normally wouldn't want anything Lego looking on the pf, but I think this kinda works with the Snowball robot deal. Kit came with a free/unadvertised mini plumbus too.

Looks like these are still available pretty cheap online if anyone is interested.

I just sat it in that spot for pics. Not sure yet if I'll stick it anywhere on the pf.

Apologies if this is has been posted previously.

Screenshot_20210211-123000_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210211-123000_Gallery (resized).jpg20210208_095959 (resized).jpg20210208_095959 (resized).jpg20210208_131406 (resized).jpg20210208_131406 (resized).jpg

#10715 3 years ago

Ok getting my game in 2weeks. Is it worth getting the Tibetan breeze 3-flipper fans for this game or not? Any opinion is welcome since it is not cheap.
Thanks!

#10716 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Ok getting my game in 2weeks. Is it worth getting the Tibetan breeze 3-flipper fans for this game or not? Any opinion is welcome since it is not cheap.
Thanks!

My opinion would be the two fan setup for sure.

I personally feel the third is unneeded.

#10717 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

My opinion would be the two fan setup for sure.
I personally feel the third is unneeded.

Which flippers really need it?

#10718 3 years ago

I was so hoping to pick up #509 on Monday since I am off work but I am thinking that isn't going to happen.

#10719 3 years ago

Bottom two, mainly the right

#10720 3 years ago

Anyone know if Pinball Life is going to put the shooter lane wire form back on their website for sale?

#10721 3 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Anyone up to date on what number has shipped recently?

#458 is on its way to Montana as of yesterday.

#10722 3 years ago

Bottom two, mainly the right

BUT, Since I did the bushing shave down, I havent put tons of games on my R&M to see if that was partly the problem from flipper fade. I'm betting that since I did the fans and the bushing lowering, its done wonders overall to power

#10723 3 years ago

BUT, Since I did the bushing shave down, I havent put tons of games on my R&M to see if that was partly the problem from flipper fade. I'm betting that since I did the fans and the bushing lowering, its done wonders overall to power

Thanks. Is the bushing shave down described in detail somewhere in here?

#10724 3 years ago

I do agree that at the price points we are paying for new pins, having to have mods that correct design issues is kind of bs. As much as I like Spooky, one has to ask what anyone was thinking sending out games that allow flipper drop? And if they weren't aware of it being a problem, then clearly there wasn't enough testing done. If this was already a known issue in previous games, that is outright negligence of 'just don't care'.

The coil heat, while I appreciate that someone took the time to make a quality 'fix', the price is outrageous to fix yet another design flaw.

The switches - how is this even an issue in 2020/2021? I'm sorry, but the ones on this game are...not great. Those MRS are cool and all, but $35 a pop? Switches simply shouldn't be a problem at this point in pinball world.

The shooter lane..that one is harder to nail down. I seriously have no issues with it. I could see where the original design would bend over time, but should someone have to buy a $100 mod to 'fix' what should have been done months ago?

Make no mistake, these ARE design flaws they go beyond just standard tweaking...and that isn't even getting into the orbit issues.

Fortunately, this games code/gameplay/theme integration is insanely good. The above all annoy me in their own way, and I'm still feeling mine out to see what I need or don't need. I'm trying not to trash Spooky, but these are the type of things that need improved upon before their next game. The 'it's pinball' umbrella doesn't cover things like this.

#10725 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Thanks. Is the bushing shave down described in detail somewhere in here?

YUP!

#10726 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I grabbed a bunch of Rick and Morty stuff back when Toys R Us went under. Totally forgot about it till my kid found some pieces.
I normally wouldn't want anything Lego looking on the pf, but I think this kinda works with the Snowball robot deal. Kit came with a free mini plumbus too.
Looks like these are still available pretty cheap online if anyone is interested.
I just sat it in that spot for pics. Not sure yet if I'll stick it anywhere on the pf.
Apologies if this is has been posted previously.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have you found the robot dog in the game yet?

#10727 3 years ago

I just don't know...
$7500 for a machine
and $225-250 for solutions to niggly problems?

I'm not really sweating that added expense.

Honestly, I see a lot more money in Mods that do nothing to affect / improve gameplay on most in home machines. Just purely sepnt on decorating them.

..or, problems like PF issues that can't be resolved for a few dollars and will not even be recognized by manufacturers in some cases.

I'm OK with Spooky. I feel like they aren't gonna leave anyone out on an island.

#10728 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I just don't know...
$7500 for a machine
and $225-250 for solutions to niggly problems?
I'm not really sweating that added expense.
Honestly, I see a lot more money in Mods that do nothing to affect / improve gameplay on most in home machines. Just purely sepnt on decorating them.
..or, problems like PF issues that can't be resolved for a few dollars and will not even be recognized by manufacturers in some cases.
I'm OK with Spooky. I feel like they aren't gonna leave anyone out on an island.

You can't equate fixing design issues with extras that make you feel good. It just isn't the same. In fact, it's the exact opposite because that money takes away money for the other. It's not about 'sweating' the money either. It's the principal. It's not like we are getting deals on these. We are paying a premium. While that may be chump change for some, for others it represents the limit of what they are willing to spend, so every bit extra is lost cash that realistically shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

And no, I'm not trying to dog Spooky. These same complaints of quality go across all the manufacturers. And while it is what it is with this current release, letting them know where the pain points are is beneficial for future business. I'm very happy with my machine overall, but there is room for improvement.

#10729 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Anyone know if Pinball Life is going to put the shooter lane wire form back on their website for sale?

1-847-515-3415
[email protected]
[email protected].

Ask them yourself.

#10730 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Have you found the robot dog in the game yet?

Kinda bummed I didn't dumb into that on my own, one day. Awesome, though.

Quoted from Zablon:

You can't equate fixing design issues with extras that make you feel good.

I actually can and I did.

#10731 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can't equate fixing design issues with extras that make you feel good. It just isn't the same. In fact, it's the exact opposite because that money takes away money for the other. It's not about 'sweating' the money either. It's the principal. It's not like we are getting deals on these. We are paying a premium. While that may be chump change for some, for others it represents the limit of what they are willing to spend, so every bit extra is lost cash that realistically shouldn't have been needed in the first place.
And no, I'm not trying to dog Spooky. These same complaints of quality go across all the manufacturers. And while it is what it is with this current release, letting them know where the pain points are is beneficial for future business. I'm very happy with my machine overall, but there is room for improvement.

The problem with design issues is they are sometimes really difficult to fix. Fortunately, most of the issues I've dealt I consider manufacturing issues...not design issues. The flipper bushing issue is a manufacturing issue. Replacing the bushings is a PITA, it's not that big a deal. Tweaking the ball guides is a manufacturing issue. I don't have a problem with any switches, but that too is likely a manufacturing issue.

The only issue that feels like a genuine design issue is how the PROC board interacts with the Bally/Williams Flipper mechs (in terms of heat, fallback, etc.).

Let's face it, Spooky is a small company that doesn't have a huge engineering team. They are integrating components from different platforms, and the flippers are an excellent example of less-than-perfect integration. If PROC is the preferred platform for these boutique pinball vendors, hopefully they can collectively figure this out! I'm pretty certain Spooky is working on making the flippers work better. I've been really pleased with Spooky's responsiveness and ability to take feedback from the trenches...

#10732 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The problem with design issues is they are sometimes really difficult to fix. Fortunately, most of the issues I've dealt I consider manufacturing issues...not design issues. The flipper bushing issue is a manufacturing issue. Replacing the bushings is a PITA, it's not that big a deal. Tweaking the ball guides is a manufacturing issue. I don't have a problem with any switches, but that too is likely a manufacturing issue.
The only issue that feels like a genuine design issue is how the PROC board interacts with the Bally/Williams Flipper mechs (in terms of heat, fallback, etc.).
Let's face it, Spooky is a small company that doesn't have a huge engineering team. They are integrating components from different platforms, and the flippers are an excellent example of less-than-perfect integration. If PROC is the preferred platform for these boutique pinball vendors, hopefully they can collectively figure this out! I'm pretty certain Spooky is working on making the flippers work better. I've been really pleased with Spooky's responsiveness and ability to take feedback from the trenches...

DFMA

#10733 3 years ago

42x butter delivery scheduled for Monday

shawshank (resized).pngshawshank (resized).png

#10734 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do agree that at the price points we are paying for new pins, having to have mods that correct design issues is kind of bs. As much as I like Spooky, one has to ask what anyone was thinking sending out games that allow flipper drop? And if they weren't aware of it being a problem, then clearly there wasn't enough testing done. If this was already a known issue in previous games, that is outright negligence of 'just don't care'.
The coil heat, while I appreciate that someone took the time to make a quality 'fix', the price is outrageous to fix yet another design flaw.
The switches - how is this even an issue in 2020/2021? I'm sorry, but the ones on this game are...not great. Those MRS are cool and all, but $35 a pop? Switches simply shouldn't be a problem at this point in pinball world.
The shooter lane..that one is harder to nail down. I seriously have no issues with it. I could see where the original design would bend over time, but should someone have to buy a $100 mod to 'fix' what should have been done months ago?
Make no mistake, these ARE design flaws they go beyond just standard tweaking...and that isn't even getting into the orbit issues.
Fortunately, this games code/gameplay/theme integration is insanely good. The above all annoy me in their own way, and I'm still feeling mine out to see what I need or don't need. I'm trying not to trash Spooky, but these are the type of things that need improved upon before their next game. The 'it's pinball' umbrella doesn't cover things like this.

Don’t forget the airball fix on the right ramp which you can now purchase from PL.

#10735 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The coil heat, while I appreciate that someone took the time to make a quality 'fix',

You're welcome.

Quoted from Zablon:

the price is outrageous to fix yet another design flaw.

Coil heat and weak flippers on long games is nothing new and isn't some "flaw" that the designers overlooked. LotR famously had weak flippers on long games where fade killed them 20 years ago. This is not a new problem and is simple thermodynamics mixed with the fact that today's games are longer and deeper and it's not out of the question that you would play a pin for an hour or two straight, sometimes in one game if you're a good player. You can mitigate the speed of temperatures rising in the coils, but you can't eliminate it completely, and it's like feedback on a guitar/amp combo, once it starts, it only continues to amplify unless there's a break or there's some active measure (cooling fans) to dissipate the heat generated.

Only two things have surprised me since I started down this flipper coil temp rabbit hole:

1. Stern Spike machines do not appreciably heat up while trapping up. Whatever they're doing is magic because Whitestar/SAM and B/W (JJP/Spooky) still heat up trapping.
2. No current manufacturer had done this flipper temperature testing previously. That's crazy.

I'm sure there will be other surprises, and once the JJP kits are shipping later this month, I'll move on to adapting the kit for Whitestar/SAM, then older Bally/Williams, and I'm betting I'll see excessive coil temps on long play sessions on at least some of those as well. But rather than guessing, I'll have actual temp data collected on the real machines.

#10736 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t forget the airball fix on the right ramp which you can now purchase from PL.

To me, this is a pinball issue in general. Airballs happen. I fortunately do not seem to have any issues with airballs on the ramp as of yet. I have had the ball fly up on the lock mech plastic though. I can't speak to what is happening that some are getting airballs on the ramp other than maybe flipper strength and lower incline.

#10737 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Which flippers really need it?

PinMonk I am curious about this too. I was looking at your chart, and if I am reading it correctly the bottom left flipper doesn't have a heat issue, but the bottom right and top right get overheated. Is that accurate? In that case could the two flipper option you sell be used for the two right flippers?

#10738 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

vireland I am curious about this too. I was looking at your chart, and if I am reading it correctly the bottom left flipper doesn't have a heat issue, but the bottom right and top right get overheated. Is that accurate? In that case could the two flipper option you sell be used for the two right flippers?

Yep. Some people have done that configuration. Most R&M that are going out are the 3 flipper kits, but I have both 2 and 3 for this exact reason, and I will have a one bracket add-on soon for people that bought before the 3 flipper was available or got only 2 but later decide they want all three to be the same performance level.

The left doesn't seem to get as hot on R&M. But if both the right are cooled for a very long game the left might get hot enough to start to fade. In that case it might feel "weird" to have the right side shooting great and the left fading, but given that the left stays cooler longer, I don't think it would be an issue for most players.

#10739 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To me, this is a pinball issue in general. Airballs happen. I fortunately do not seem to have any issues with airballs on the ramp as of yet. I have had the ball fly up on the lock mech plastic though. I can't speak to what is happening that some are getting airballs on the ramp other than maybe flipper strength and lower incline.

Lol. You sound like tech support.....”is your game turned on?”

Yes, air balls are part of pinball, but balls regularly launching off ramps is a design flaw that’s easily fixed with a ramp cover. That’s why almost every new game I’ve ever owned comes factory installed with airball fixes on ramps where necessary.

And Yes, I’ve tried different flipper strength and can’t reduce it any more without affecting gameplay. Game is at 7deg. Not going to lower it any more than that. Pretty sure that was what Scott recommended anyway.

It’s ok, I can buy the one on PL, but I still disagree with it not being installed at the factory and/or being offered by Spooky as a “free” fix for those having the problem (I’m sure you can read through this thread to realize I’m not the only one).

#10740 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Some people have done that configuration. Most R&M that are going out are the 3 flipper kits, but I have both 2 and 3 for this exact reason, and I will have a one bracket add-on soon for people that bought before the 3 flipper was available or got only 2 but later decide they want all three to be the same performance level.
The left doesn't seem to get as hot on R&M. But if both the right are cooled for a very long game the left might get hot enough to start to fade. In that case it might feel "weird" to have the right side shooting great and the left fading, but given that the left stays cooler longer, I don't think it would be an issue for most players.

When we stream, we play for hours. I put the coolers on the lower flippers only at first and noticed severe fade and knockdown on the upper. Flipper fade isn't just about the force but also the response time. The shots on the right (especially the middle) are affected in if the timing is changing its harder to repeatedly hit your shot

#10741 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

When we stream, we play for hours. I put the coolers on the lower flippers only at first and noticed severe fade and knockdown on the upper. Flipper fade isn't just about the force but also the response time. The shots on the right (especially the middle) are affected in if the timing is changing its harder to repeatedly hit your shot

Yes, absolutely. People think of fade in terms of weak flippers usually, but the first sign of fade is missed/bricked shots that could easily be made before the coils heated up. Once you're to the point of weak flippers too, you have the weakness AND the timing changes to deal with.

#10742 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, absolutely. People think of fade in terms of weak flippers usually, but the first sign of fade is missed/bricked shots that could easily be made before the coils heated up. Once you're to the point of weak flippers too, you have the weakness AND the timing changes to deal with.

BTW, I now have all my thermocouple parts, next time we stream R&M I will put them on and implement a flipper temp cam for everyone's enjoyment

#10743 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

BTW, I now have all my thermocouple parts, next time we stream R&M I will put them on and implement a flipper temp cam for everyone's enjoyment

Watching Karl DeAngelo stream jjGnR with the temp gauges for all the flippers and the left diverter on-screen, updating in real time is surprisingly compelling (example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/909339890 ). It'll be weird when they're gone.

Post when you're going to stream with yours on-screen. I'll definitely jump in and watch for a bit.

#10744 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We have a literal boat load of improvements being tested, ordered, and designed. Processes being changed and improved. Sourcing higher quality parts. Additions to the building and equipment. The best of the best of our people are learning quality control to supervise individual departments and add layers to gameplay testing. (Almost everything mentioned) from power supply noise, to standup targets, to flippers, to flipper switches, to rollover switches, and about 25 more things. We have bullet lists of things we are fixing and checking off. We have a whole team of people way smarter than me working on flipper issues that include a crazy array of factors from physical, code, PROC. We just got custom felt protectors that fit under the leg completely we hope will end any chance of leg damage ever again. Tests are promising. These things takes months to even arrive let alone test properly for production. Even already looking to improve our launch day process to be as fair and customer friendly as possible.

Rick and Morty was a big step for us in an industry with BIG shoes to fill. We have doubled production over the course of this year fighting multiple Covid shutdowns (some for months). This isn't meant to be an excuse for our failings but simply letting you know that we listen and we have so many good things coming this year.

#10745 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a literal boat load of improvements being tested, ordered, and designed. Processes being changed and improved. Sourcing higher quality parts. Additions to the building and equipment. The best of the best of our people are learning quality control to supervise individual departments and add layers to gameplay testing. (Almost everything mentioned) from power supply noise, to standup targets, to flippers, to flipper switches, to rollover switches, and about 25 more things. We have bullet lists of things we are fixing and checking off. We have a whole team of people way smarter than me working on flipper issues that include a crazy array of factors from physical, code, PROC. We just got custom felt protectors that fit under the leg completely we hope will end any chance of leg damage ever again. Tests are promising. These things takes months to even arrive let alone test properly for production. Even already looking to improve our launch day process to be as fair and customer friendly as possible.
Rick and Morty was a big step for us in an industry with BIG shoes to fill. We have doubled production over the course of this year fighting multiple Covid shutdowns (some for months). This isn't meant to be an excuse for our failings but simply letting you know that we listen and we have so many good things coming this year.

Are any of these improvements being implemented in the current builds of R&M? Just curious since Im toward the end of the list

#10746 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Are any of these improvements being implemented in the current builds of R&M? Just curious since Im toward the end of the list

Leg protectors already shipping.
Bushings in the works.
Whole team still working on code.
Quality control and employees get more seasoned and learn more every day.
There is never nothing in the works here. Not one day.

#10747 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Leg protectors already shipping.
Bushings in the works.
Whole team still working on code.
Quality control and employees get more seasoned and learn more every day.
There is never nothing in the works here. Not one day.

Awesome! Everyone in the community Im sure really appreciates it and I personally will continue to support the Spooky Team! I play my TNA almost daily and Im sure I will with Rick and Morty as well. Cant wait (700's)...and if allowed I may drive up to pick it up and get a tour Thanks again!

#10748 3 years ago

And this is why Spooky is the best pinball company around. You guys may take some missteps along the way, but you OWN them and work to fix them. There are people venting here obviously, but the way you guys respond to those vents, and your proactive approach to making things better put you at the top of the class.

#10749 3 years ago

I'm a huuge R&M fan. I woke up extra early to order my R&M and received it about 2 months ago, #284.

Since then, I've had nothing but issues on it, in fact, I haven't played it in past 3 weeks because fuse keeps blowing every time, we're still not sure why. I'm a TOTAL NEWBIE and know nothing about how to fix pinball machines, nor do I have the time or inclination. For me, pinball is game, it's a fun hobby to play during my downtime.

Thankfully I know folks in my city who are good at that stuff but it costs $$ for them to come out here and try to fix these issues and many of them are ongoing. My garage flipper still isn't perfectly aligned it seems (rarely ever hit garage) and both the left and right bottom flipper have not worked at one time or another. In fact, I don't remember the game ever working perfectly, at least not since I got it. The pop bumper stopped working a few weeks ago as well, but we managed to fix that one. Oh and the plunger wouldn't "plunge" at one point but apparently that was related to the right flipper not working (blown fuse).

SPOOKY service has been good. They respond to every email and try to help as best they can. Buuuuuut they also come back to me with "Pinball machines require a ton of regular maintenance" in their emails and that's fine too but if you're gonna say that sort of thing to folks who have invested their hard-earned $10,000 into your machine, you should state that OFF THE HOP! In other words, when you are selling these machines that "require a ton of regular maintenance", why not tell that to the customer, before-hand?

Honestly, had you told me that I was going to be spending another 2-3 months "adjusting" stuff on the game and spending between $400-1000 extra dollars on fixing things or getting it right (I'm not even including the fact that we changed the noisy fan), I likely would have waited until all of these issues are worked out in the end of the run -- and I don't even know about that either.

I have purchased 4 brand-new STERN machines in the past 2 years and never had ANY issues with any of them. I mean, a plastic broke on my DEADPOOL but that's about it. I was able to play the games consistently and without worrying about what's gonna break next. I know everyone and their uncle is gonna say "But you can't compare both companies, one is a MASSIVE one, the other family-owned, etc..." but when you are charging the same amount for your games and telling people they require a "ton of maintenance" after the fact, that just doesn't add up to me.

Again, I still love SPOOKY and will continue to support them but I will NOT be buying any more of their brand new machines until all this BS "regular maintenance" things are worked out. These are NOT regular maintenance issues, guys. These are obvious (and ongoing) problems that are happening to many many people and to say it's "regular maintenance" isn't being honest. I read some guy say he spent 40-60 hours "adjusting" his machine a few pages ago. WTF??! These are problems and you can't just stick with the "Well, you guys can fix it!" as the resolution. At some point, I think it's important for SPOOKY to better understand its customers (not everyone are techies) and appreciate the amount of time/money that we're putting behind their machines.

And yes, I mean that maybe you should offer some kind of warranty/guarantee so that folks like me aren't stuck shelling out so much more $$ even after the fact. Just a thought.

#10750 3 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I can only thumbs up once, so I'll add a *clap*. It isn't about being critical, it's pointing out things that can be improved. I honestly don't think anyone in this thread is unhappy with their R&M. Thanks to you and the rest of Spooky for listening to our rants.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
There are 20,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/215?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.