(Topic ID: 257850)

Official Rick and Morty Club - You are not like other carbon based life forms.

By TheNoTrashCougar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20,214 posts
  • 742 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by tgarrett09
  • Topic is favorited by 333 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

RAM ALT Translite 2022.3.19 (resized).jpg
IMG_3481 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_6211325_0 (resized).png
IMG_1914 (resized).jpeg
RAM L Loop Guard fail2b 2024.3.24 (resized).jpg
b5f006fa-9417-42d1-8730-250ad8488fb6.__CR0,0,1080,1080_PT0_SX300_V1___ (resized).jpg
P3230229 (resized).JPG
P3230228 (resized).JPG
rm-bcm (resized).jpg
20240213_184156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
422528975_3643555955960477_8769668710301573887_n (resized).jpg
422519275_1138850447145237_3594400768947504157_n (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_0 (resized).jpg
Pinside_shopitem_7206_4 (resized).jpg
IMG_9528 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

106 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 405.
#10501 3 years ago

For those that bought the Tibetan Breeze Cooling Kit, does that just run all the time while the game is on? or does it have a sensor to only turn on when coils get warm?

#10502 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

For those that bought the Tibetan Breeze Cooling Kit, does that just run all the time while the game is on? or does it have a sensor to only turn on when coils get warm?

It is on the entire time the game is powered on (I have them on ACNC). But they are silent and have a long life expectancy.

#10503 3 years ago

Waiting on shipping notification has me buying mods.

Is flipper fade much of an issue on the upper flipper?
Trying to decide if the 3 fan kit is worth the money

#10504 3 years ago

I bought the cheap Amazon coolers per recommendation from someone. I think for 'most' people this is probably good enough. Haven't seen any issues yet, that I can determine with them after about an hour of play.

#10505 3 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Waiting on shipping notification has me buying mods.
Is flipper fade much of an issue on the upper flipper?
Trying to decide if the 3 fan kit is worth the money

For me it was really only the lower right flipper that could not make the left ramp shot to the top (after some time). You might want to hold off on the order until you know for sure that you have an issue making the shots. On the other hand, keeping the flipper strength consistent is always a good thing.

#10506 3 years ago

Great, thanks for the input

#10507 3 years ago

I definitely saw fade on the upper flipper during a stream session. it is used the same amount of time as the lower flipper.

Quoted from fnord:

Great, thanks for the input

#10508 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does anyone make mirror blades for this game?

Some one need to make black mirrors for this game. Its the only way.

#10509 3 years ago

Has anyone made adjustments to the Beth, Summer, and Jerry targets?

They seem incredibly stiff and tough to activate outside of a direct hit. The foam backing on them is very thick.

Also what gameplay purpose does the Rick target serve other than a leaderboard mention?

#10510 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Has anyone made adjustments to the Beth, Summer, and Jerry targets?
They seem incredibly stiff and tough to activate outside of a direct hit. The foam backing on them is very thick.
Also what gameplay purpose does the Rick target serve other than a leaderboard mention?

I was fiddling with this yesterday. It seemed from what I could tell the connectors are held together (touching) and the ball hitting spreads them. The foam is wedged against them so they do not activate easily. I am not 100% sure this is how they are set up but the initial look seemed to be like that. If this is how it really is, cutting back a little foam should help the issue.

I would have expected them to have a gap, and ball hit makes the leaf touch, and the foam prevents them from going too far...but... will require some more investigation.

Also, they put the stickers over the top of (rivet?) but it's pointed. These stickers won't last long as there is a huge bump under all these stickers. Normally the rivets are mostly flat inside.

#10511 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I was fiddling with this yesterday. It seemed from what I could tell the connectors are held together (touching) and the ball hitting spreads them. The foam is wedged against them so they do not activate easily. I am not 100% sure this is how they are set up but the initial look seemed to be like that. If this is how it really is, cutting back a little foam should help the issue.
I would have expected them to have a gap, and ball hit makes the leaf touch, and the foam prevents them from going too far...but... will require some more investigation.
Also, they put the stickers over the top of (rivet?) but it's pointed. These stickers won't last long as there is a huge bump under all these stickers. Normally the rivets are mostly flat inside.

I adjusted the leaf springs on those targets. Makes them trigger like all my old BWMs machines.

#10512 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I adjusted the leaf springs on those targets. Makes them trigger like all my old BWMs machines.

which way are they? Did you just bend them out away from the cushion?

#10513 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just bend the rear contacts a little closer, not the target part, the standard switch gap is about 1/16" or a little less.

Bend from the base of the leaf, not the top.

use an adjustment tool or thin needle nose with power off of course:

https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#10514 3 years ago

Number 552 here, returned options sheet with request for the TNA rgb lighting speaker kit thrown in the cabinet for 95 bucks....( for my TNA).....disappointed they wouldn't accept my offer....would only accept 75 bucks ....damn you spooky . Customer for life.

#10515 3 years ago
Quoted from Dodgey:

Number 552 here, returned options sheet with request for the TNA rgb lighting speaker kit thrown in the cabinet for 95 bucks....( for my TNA).....disappointed they wouldn't accept my offer....would only accept 75 bucks ....damn you spooky . Customer for life.

With Customer Service like this, I just don't understand how Spooky thinks they can run with the Big Dogs?

#10516 3 years ago

I had a similar situation I want to complain about! One of my ACNC wireforms broke recently after having the game over a year. I emailed them a photo and asked them if they had anymore in stock so I could buy one. If not, I was going to weld it myself (but would have to remove powdercoating with no way to replicate it exactly). Instead of selling me a new one, they want me to send it back to them and they will make the repair and powdercoat it for free! What is this world coming to when you can't even spend money anymore?!?!

#10517 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I adjusted them so the gap was closer. I bent the side of the leaf not touching the standups to close their gaps so a lighter hit would trigger them. So towards the center of the playfield if that makes sense. Mine originally had to be really smacked at full speed to trigger. it was continually missing strikes that should have registered.

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I had a similar situation I want to complain about! One of my ACNC wireforms broke recently after having the game over a year. I emailed them a photo and asked them if they had anymore in stock so I could buy one. If not, I was going to weld it myself (but would have to remove powdercoating with no way to replicate it exactly). Instead of selling me a new one, they want me to send it back to them and they will make the repair and powdercoat it for free! What is this world coming to when you can't even spend money anymore?!?!

Same with me, I contacted Spooky and asked to pay for a set of standup target stickers (I have one slightly damaged sticker) and instead they sent me two sets at no cost, the nerve!

#10519 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had to adjust every single leaf switch on my game to make them register without needing a hammer to activate them. They should have been adjusted from the factory (this is a new in box pin afterall, not something off a route). This in addition to fixing numerous mechs that were put together incorrectly and also the right flipper switch needed lots of work to function like its supposed to. My game is a Jan 2021 build.

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

I had to adjust every single leaf switch on my game to make them register without needing a hammer to activate them. They should have been adjusted from the factory (this is a new in box pin afterall, not something off a route). This in addition to fixing numerous mechs that were put together incorrectly and also the right flipper switch needed lots of work to function like its supposed to. My game is a Jan 2021 build.

That's nothing. You should have been around for Heathkits.

#10521 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I made a heathkit color TV with remote, and a computer.

Wow! If they only made a pinball machine!!!!!!!!

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

The only things I've needed to adjust so far are the 3 left targets and the slingshot. Everything else is working as expected fortunately. While I'm sure my flipper height needs adjusted it seems to play fine as is. I think I have the angle up to 7 though.

#10523 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wow! If they only made a pinball machine!!!!!!!!

That's what he was referring to; they did make one!

bally-heathkit-fireball-pinball_1_e68e65aa5aeba32d51829faf72f997ac (resized).jpgbally-heathkit-fireball-pinball_1_e68e65aa5aeba32d51829faf72f997ac (resized).jpg
#10524 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That's what he was referring to; they did make one! [quoted image]

Yeah, that kit was strictly in the realm of "i wish" for me as a kid. We couldn't afford something that extravagant. It had to be one of the most expensive things in the Heathkit line. It'd be cool if Stern went retro and offered kits for a "The Pin" machine. That experience building electronic devices is really useful, so the sooner, the better, especially in the era of the pandemic. Online clubs could spring up around building it.

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That's what he was referring to; they did make one! [quoted image]

If they had one on the showroom floor in redwood city, i might have bought one!

I built quite a few heatkits.

They were awesome!

#10526 3 years ago

I wish I had bought a few hundred Heathkits and stored them unbuilt - - they're worth a fortune now!

You can still get your kit groove on, though. One source is PAIA Electronics, and they have expanded from synthesizer and audio projects to all kinds of things they never used to deal in. http://paia.com

Obligatory R&M content: finally retweaked my garage shot. Stuck the tab under the side rail. Moved the one LED to the nearby wire hole. Bent the guide to follow the artwork. I was able to screw all the screws back in the existing holes, as it turned out. Much less rattling rejection now. Sweet!

#10527 3 years ago

I'm on the fence for the speaker LEDs. Is the glare when playing as bad as the the pictures/videos seem to show? I didn't have them on my TNA, so I don't have a good reference on what to expect.

#10528 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I'm on the fence for the speaker LEDs. Is the glare when playing as bad as the the pictures/videos seem to show? I didn't have them on my TNA, so I don't have a good reference on what to expect.

I don't notice any glare.. But I also put on ar glass. I think they are a must have. Even the reflection in the non ar glass isn't noticable when playing.

1219201645a_HDR (resized).jpg1219201645a_HDR (resized).jpg0119211809 (resized).jpg0119211809 (resized).jpg
#10529 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I think they are essential. The way it was meant to be. You should probably get them for your TNA.

#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

The reflection is there on TNA but never noticed it at all until now. Picture shot from my eye level and Im 6'. Highly recommended and will be getting them for my R&M when its gets built.

IMG_1038 (resized).JPGIMG_1038 (resized).JPG
#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Some one need to make black mirrors for this game. Its the only way.

I just saw a post in the R&M Facebook groups where a guy fit black mirror blades to his game. He shared a few pics but no detail on where he got the blades.

#10532 3 years ago

Yes the speaker lights reflect on the glass, but the position they reflect on (as you can see in the pic) does not interfere with gameplay because the ball is hidden in those areas. While I notice it when I start a game, you don't notice them while playing.

#10533 3 years ago

I have the speaker lights on my ACNC and will be getting them on R&M as well. They reflect some, especially in photos, but are not noticible during play. That said, I got a bent plastic from Pinball Life and no more reflection...

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html

#10534 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I just saw a post in the R&M Facebook groups where a guy fit black mirror blades to his game. He shared a few pics but no detail on where he got the blades.

I've been told you can cut the mirror blades to fit with the right tools... May be worth trying for this pin.

#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I've been told you can cut the mirror blades to fit with the right tools... May be worth trying for this pin.

Good lord. I am not cutting $235 black mirrors myself. Do you know a guy?

#10536 3 years ago

Absolutely loving this game.

#10537 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Here are two of the three pics he shared.

2AA8F4C8-6120-4B6F-95D2-92A3F046B0E4 (resized).jpeg2AA8F4C8-6120-4B6F-95D2-92A3F046B0E4 (resized).jpeg7778E0AD-B7B0-49C7-B9EA-7DE3DAF9856B (resized).jpeg7778E0AD-B7B0-49C7-B9EA-7DE3DAF9856B (resized).jpeg
#10538 3 years ago

Has anyone bought the blades from Pingraffix? I would like to see them installed.

#10539 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Has anyone bought the blades from Pingraffix? I would like to see them installed.

eh, normally I like their stuff, but those look pretty uninspired.

#10540 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

those look pretty uninspired.

There isn’t much to pick from on this game. The Spooky ones are very dark.

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

There isn’t much to pick from on this game. The Spooky ones are very dark.

I agree. They could have continued the landscape with hills and the crystals. Powerbladez with glowing crystals all over might be cool as well. Other than that..not sure.

#10542 3 years ago

SpookyCharlie TheNoTrashCougar

wondering if it would be possible to have a setting in the code that dims or turns off the speaker lights during game play - similar to the Stern setting that dims the backbox lights during gameplay

#10543 3 years ago

I just paid off my game. It should be coming this month. Can’t wait!!

Any tips for a new owner?

#10544 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I just paid off my game. It should be coming this month. Can’t wait!!
Any tips for a new owner?

Yes, read ALL the key posts on the top of this thread.

#10545 3 years ago

My friend just came and took away my Game of Thrones to make room for R&M. Paid my invoice two and a half weeks ago, hoping to get a shipping confirmation any day now. Extremely excited to get this game up and flipping!

Pre-bought the silent fan kit, some cabinet leg protectors, extra bushings, anti-rattle tape, and the subwoofer insulation ring. And awaaay we go!

#10546 3 years ago

After you deal with the glass rattle (I used the zip ties and they worked great) the biggest rattler in the game is the ship mech since it is directly above the sub. Due to it's construction there isn't a good way to prevent it from rattling that I've seen yet. I did wrap the bottom edges of it with electrical tape so it doesn't bang against the end of the mech and that stopped some of it. You can't really do much else without it binding up.

#10547 3 years ago

This wait...

it is awful.

#10548 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

My friend just came and took away my Game of Thrones to make room for R&M. Paid my invoice two and a half weeks ago, hoping to get a shipping confirmation any day now. Extremely excited to get this game up and flipping!
Pre-bought the silent fan kit, some cabinet leg protectors, extra bushings, anti-rattle tape, and the subwoofer insulation ring. And awaaay we go!

Nice job getting a head of the curve, and from reading along to be able to do what you need to do, instead of needing your hand held when the time comes!

#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from avanwinkle:

Mind sharing the link for the subwoofer insulation rung? Thanks!

#10550 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Mind sharing the link for the subwoofer insulation rung? Thanks!

Atrend S10 10-Inch Woofer Spacer https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0013NWD0S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_hzSOVd5EQXAWn

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 20,214 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 405.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aw-jeez-official-rick-and-morty-club/page/211 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.